[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>book title is "[famous person] cried" >or generally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: angsty rap metal playing.jpg (33KB, 503x280px) Image search: [Google]
angsty rap metal playing.jpg
33KB, 503x280px
>book title is "[famous person] cried"
>or generally "[famous person] [does action]"
I consider this cheap for some reason.

Post pet peeves, I guess.
>>
>>7554584
>[famous person] cried
name one book that does this
>>
>>7554632
>Nietzsche cried
>Odysseys wept
I am sure there are more.
Kafka on the Shore fits the wider category.
>>
>>7554641
No, wait, that first one is originally called "When Nietzsche wept", Nietzsche cried is just what it was translated to in my country.
>>
>>7554641
>Kafka on the Shore fits the wider category.
It doesn't. The phrase lacks a verb.
>>
>>7554584
>Thus Spake Zarathustra
>>
>>7554660
It fits the wider circles of that category because it can be interpreted as an elliptical "Kafka (is) on the Shore" or "Kafka (had fun) on the Shore" or "Kafka (is standing in a queue to get ice cream but the longer he waits the longer the queue gets because the iceman keeps letting other people go first and the ice cream is getting more and more expensive by the hour and Kafka does not know why he is standing here in the first because he is lactose intolerant and when he finally reaches the counter the iceman is berating him for being judgemental and he has to back to the end of the queue or even better go to the other ice shop that has no customers because it is too cheap but there is no one working there and then Kafka realizes he is the one working there and that he was the iceman all along) on the Shore".
>>
>>7554641
Odysseus Wept doesn't exist
>>
>>7554700
Hu? I am pretty sure I saw the cover of that book just this morning on /lit/. Maybe I misremember the name? I think it was in that chart thread but I can't really find it.
>>
>>7554584
>Writers who clearly haven't considered their style.
Read a set of short stories by Proulx the other day, and it was terrible. I think it was terrible because there wasn't at any point any consideration for who or what was narrating the novel or the style of the narration. Awful.
>>
>>7554728
>trying this hard to pretend you didn't make the chart

Fuck ofd
>>
>>7554695
I chuckled. Good one.
>>
>>7554584

>the name of the book and/or author's name is elevated on the cover

There is no reputable author nor publishing company who does this.
>>
>never you mind
never you mind
>never you mind
never you mind

I can't read hillbilly stories because it's plagued with niggers saying this.
>>
>>7554747
No I swear it was there and it was real, Mister Nice Digits.
>>
><7555555
>>
>>7555555
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.