[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ I want to spend my life learning litterateur,learning ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

/lit/ I want to spend my life learning litterateur,learning ancient languages, studying and learning.
But I don't want to go to a college because they are Jew businesses
How do I go about doing this in the least expensive way and with other people who share in my interest
>>
>>5792490
Become a welfare NEET, get an e-reader and a library card and shitpost on /lit/.
>>
Learn Lithuanian on the net.
Go study there, free studies if you study well enough you need like 8/10 to stay in school for free
>>
>>5792490
21st century isn't all about men that think, its all about men that work.
>>
Go study in Europe. Many countries there has free education.
>>
>>5792490

Work hard until you are self-employed in a good job. Then work for the minimum amount of time to rent an apartment and the minimum of everything else.

Good luck anon, everyone else is brainwashed to have extremely jewish desires
>>
>>5792550
underrated post and so on
>>
>>5792668
Thanks
I want to renounce the Jewish ways everybody seems to have taken up
>>
File: yeshiva.jpg (193KB, 592x394px) Image search: [Google]
yeshiva.jpg
193KB, 592x394px
>>5792710
But the Jewish ideal is to spend your life learning literature,learning ancient languages, studying and learning all day every day.
>>
>>5793390
>Learning literature

Only the Torah.

>learning ancient languages

Only ancient Hebrew and Aramaic.

>Study and learning all day

See the above.
>>
Whats wrong with Jews? They seem to be doing a decent job so far. I mean, they run shit but rarely have to get their hands dirty. You have to admire that kind of moxy.

Seems legit to me.
>>
>because they are Jew businesse

Don't you have to get a high school diploma or GED or something first?
>>
>>5793425
If think that's the wrong place for you then. no. wait, I almost forgot we aren't on /pol/ here.
what happened to this board.
>>
File: jews_image37.jpg (86KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
jews_image37.jpg
86KB, 460x600px
Yeah.
No thanks
>>
>>5793447
I recently finished highschool and like I said I want to devote my life to studying lit and old languages but I don't want to do it via college/university because they just money hungry corporations
>>
>Learning ancient languages
For what purpose? There are plenty of perfectly gorgeous languages that are being spoken today. Spanish, Russian, Dutch, French, German, and etc. Hell, just knowing how to speak two or more languages carries employment opportunities on its own.

Is there a goal to this "learning," or is it just that you like the aesthetic appeal of being cultured? If it's the latter of the two, give up now. It's not worth the effort.
>>
>>5793856

Not him but it's for the sake of reading ancient literature and understanding it. I don't know how to put it more simply than that. Some of us are interested in understanding Homer, Plato, Cicero and Virgil, and we study ancient languages.
>>
>>5793795
Come to Argentina, free top class university and great at lit
>>
>>5793856
Agreed with
>>5793889
>>
>>5793935
What?
For real ?
A foreigner can go and get a free education ?
There must be some catch
>>
>>5793889
you can understand it by the copious amount of high quality translations, done by people who're undoubtedly better versed in the nuances of the language than you'll ever be, and various commentary on them. it's pretty much a waste of time to learn ancient greek or latin anymore.
>>
>>5793952
Nah. You can come to Mexico too, and then get arrested by filthy jew cops.
>>
First, same way as anyone else pursuing a life of leisure for whatever reason: get money.

Once you have leisure time, sitting in on university lectures is free. Just walk in. Talking to professors and asking them about subjects, research, etc., is free if you just lie and say you're with the university. Often university libraries are free to visit and read, and you can purchase loan services and access to research resources for a few hundred a year.

Undergrad and nowadays postgrad, outside of the sciences (which have vital lab work) and practical degrees (which have e.g. vital clinical practice), is mostly about forcing you to learn writing skills, and especially certain formulaic formats of writing. The learning is almost incidental. Information retention from lectures and assigned readings is probably breathtakingly low, if we could measure it. Hell, the amount of people who even DO the readings, let alone do them carefully, or who show up to lecture more than 80% of the time, is probably startlingly low, even at great universities. There is a LOT of bullshitting involved, and 'education' comes before 'learning'. Again, undergrad is more about routinising your life around dedicated research and teaching you to churn out minor projects (papers, delivered talks, colloquia and collaborations, etc.) that lead to larger projects (books) on a steady, regular basis, than about enlightening anyone or producing geniuses. Most academics are functionaries sculpted out of trust fund babies too effete to do anything else. A few are passionate but still mediocre. A rare few are brilliant.

So most of what you will be missing is the routine, which is usually enforced by years of compounded 'pass or you wasted your parents' money lel'. This routine is actually effective at dragging bored upper middle class people along and teaching them the bare minimum necessary to become a Sokalorem ipsum paper-writing clerk. Statistically speaking, you have no chance in hell of competing with these people, because we can simply see that 99.9999% of serious research publications come from them. But there is at least nothing theoretically stopping you from bypassing what is essentially a daycare centre for bourgeois twentysomething teenagers. You should just be realistic about the fact that you almost certainly won't succeed unless you really do have almost unique levels of gumption.

Certain relatively high level resources of a university education won't be available to you, like access to archives or special programs that subsidize your relocating to study at some archive for a year. And an infinite number of subtle opportunities will be lost simply because you won't be in an academic atmosphere, surrounded by people with connections and ideas. Undergrad also forcibly exposes you to new ideas and out of your own stereotyped tendencies - even if those ideas are shit, the experience is useful.
>>
File: nobhead.png (51KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
nobhead.png
51KB, 290x174px
>>5792653
tfw geographically and institutionally European
>>
>>5793955
Then what's not a waste of time
Getting a boring unfulfilling job and dying a sad man
I renounce it all. I would rather waste my life doing something I love and die poor than becoming a wealthy "successful" man and dying unhappy
>>
>>5793448
I don't hate jews. I hate fascists over Israel. Those are the jews I hate.
>>
>>5793961
This is about right, though access to archives isn't really important for anything but the most in depth study; also speaking as a politics undergraduate at an English university I haven't often had my ideas and tendencies challenged by my lectures, a lot more by the personal reading university's given me time to do, time which someone living the life described in the OP would have anyway.
>>
>>5794012
THIS
>>
>>5794012
>something I love
This is coming back to what I mentioned.
Do you actually love Plato and Cicero's works, and think that all of the secret solutions to your dilemmas are locked in the original texts, or do you like the aesthetic appeal of being educated in something so romantic?
Thomas Jefferson was an independently wealthy man, who spent his life studying history in an attempt to discover the model for a perfectly free and prosperous society. You'll find that the academic who actually does something of value is usually the academic who has a purpose in their studies.

You snub practical application as being "boring and unfulfilling," but I fail to see how you can be fulfilled by learning something that's completely fucking trivial.
>>
>>5794071
Yes I would say I love their work
And my purpose would be to learn and maybe discover the meaning of life
>>
>>5793856
Spanish is not gorgeous
>>
>>5794096
>discover the meaning of life
Rather than starting with the Greeks, can I suggest that you start with Webster?
>>
>>5794099
¿Y tú de donde le ves lo feo?
Neutral y aburrido es el inglés que carece de matices expresivos.
>>
>>5794124
spanish is a dirty guttural language
french, latin and english are beautiful
>>
>>5794127
french is more guttural than spanish
>>
>>5794127
>Francés
>No Gutural
Verdaderamente espero que usted no piense éso.
Cien por ciento ignaro y filisteo.
>>
tl;dr: You can't. Academia is the best place for learning actual knowledge.

Should have gotten a scholarship. Or at least gone to CC.
>>
>>5794127
>Spanish
>gutural

Escoge uno, y sólo uno.
>>
>>5794148
Fuck that I have no interest In college
Especially not community college where some failed liberal professor will try to brain wash me with his shitty ideas
>>
>>5794148
Oh, but I would love to burn the Academia.
>>
>>5794165
>not being strong enough of mind to not get bent over
>>
>>5794127
How is Spanish guttural?
I do way more in the front of my mouth with Spanish than I ever did with English. The only guttural sounds that Spanish makes are the same sounds that show up in English.
>>
>>5794165
>Liberal professor brain wash me halp shitty ideas bad ideas COMMUNISM AND HOMOSEXUALS AND FEMINISM
I find it very amusing how ignorant and supersticious puritarianism prevails in Burgerland
>>
>>5794174
If I am going to a place to learn something its because I don't know it already. Now how am I going to learn the proper meaning of something when someone is pushing their ideals on me instead of the actual meaning.
Yeah, no thanks
>>
>>5793795
Open coursework, pirated Rosetta stone, amazon prime, and a library card
>>
>>5793795
If you want to study literature and ancient languages for yourself with no external benefit then all power to you.

But don't expect society to give you the right to fuck around doing nothing of use your whole life with nothing in return.

Maybe signing up to one of them Jewish run businesses wouldn't be such a bad thing for you, it seems you have a lot to learn. Kiddo.
>>
>>5794191
Liberal detected
Get fucked retard I dont care what you have to say
>>
>>5794193
You'll never get an objective account of anything.
Any book your read, any lecture you go to, every documentary you watch, time and again information is distorted or omitted to fit the tellers ideals.
It's up to you to take in the information and compare it to reality and so form your own thoughts.
>>
>>5794165
Are you not clearminded enough to form your own ideas? Are you so stupid as to want an echo chamber?

Liberty.edu
>>
>>5794165
>I have room to call someone with a master's a "failure" before I even begin my higher education
Big ideas, pretension, and a crippling desire to spend countless hours learning nothing of value.
Are you sure you're not cut out to be an undergrad? You already seem like you'd be pretty good at it.
>>
>>5794198
I've been thinking about becoming a priest. I'm not really religious but i agree with almost everything in it. So why shouldn't I do it, I could learn more about the bible, maybe learn some Latin, Greek, Aramaic. I could also lead a group of people towards righteousness and teach them compassion and so on.

What does /lit/ think about this
>>
>>5794185

My cousins are Americans (I'm mexican). They are spanish and english proficient- Everytime they come in here you can perceive a clear difference between their spanish voice (guttural), and their english voice, which sounds much more profound and broad.
>>
Go to BYU op. Cheap as fuck, ultraconservative, rabidly antisemitic, with a high standard of academics outside Mormon theology
>>
>>5794199
I hope your incursion on literature helps you out, because with that attitude you are probably never gonna understand shit even in your narrow and revisionistic ideology. Also please, research on the "liberal" term.
>>
>>5794245
>Does not agree with me
>Liberal detected
>>
>>5794217
"Profound and broad" does absolutely nothing to tell me how their English sounds less guttural than their Spanish. In fact, a "broad" sound, as opposed to a pointed one, kind of implies "guttural."

Guttural means the sound is being made in the back of the oral cavity. Almost every sound you make in Spanish is practically on your lips, and pronunciation relies heavily on the tip of your tongue.
>>
>>5794265
I believe you are just a bit confused anon.
>>
File: fa.jpg (66KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
66KB, 500x618px
>>5794245
By liberal I mean feminist, politically correct, sjw, faggots
Something like this
>>
>>5794297
>Something like this

I honestly think you have been on /pol/ for far too long
>>
>>5794297
>liberals are idiots I don't like
The way you /pol/acks use the word reminds me of how marxist wannabe shitters use bourgeois to insult whatever they don't like.
>>
File: Politics.png (625KB, 572x792px) Image search: [Google]
Politics.png
625KB, 572x792px
>>5794297
Wait a second.
Are you implying I'm a FAGGOT?
>>
>>5794297
You are one dumb motherfucker. Go back to your containment board.
>>
>>5792550

Slavery is more popular now than ever, so you're correct, my republican friend.
>>
>>5793390
holy shit, is that jew lad balancing a torah on his head? truly masters of literature
>>
>>5794350
>When you see it
>>
File: fa.png (821KB, 487x807px) Image search: [Google]
fa.png
821KB, 487x807px
>>5794297

>shopping bags are so mainstream
>>
>>5794335
>>5794323
>>5794330
>>5794362

I don't to have a fucking argument online about liberals for fucks sake
Just fuck off this is the /lit/ board unless you have meaningful input to my original post eat a dick and leave
>>
>>5794297
I'm a gay black man who supports eugenics and free speech, what now?????
>>
File: Putin.png (284KB, 361x417px) Image search: [Google]
Putin.png
284KB, 361x417px
>>5794373
Giving up already?
>>
>>5794373
Please learn what liberalism actually is.
>>
Is that Lithuania shit for real? I wonder if any other European universities offer free education to FreedomBurgers like myself.

No idea what I'd major in though. I saw Literary Criticism was offered as a program at a Lithuanian uni, but I don't want to be Harold Bloom. Also I'm in my mid-20s, I don't know if they'd have me.
>>
>>5794373
Assuming you are OP, you sure are an ungrateful cunt. Your original post was a respectable one but when you started responding negatively to constructive answers by continually crying about 'the jews' this thread should have died.
You don't appear to have a clue as to what liberalism is, yet you use it as an insult.

You have a long way to go.
>>
>>5794408
>>5794397
>>5794387
>>5794421
Okay you guys win you are right and I am wrong
>>
>>5794420
Pretty sure free education is only for citizens of the country in question.
>>
>>5793955
>who're undoubtedly better versed in the nuances of the language than you'll ever be,

When you learn an ancient language, you learn to use the words as they did. What the fuck are you even saying here? What nuances? You basically just said other people who are as fluent as you can read the same words better.

>it's pretty much a waste of time to learn ancient greek or latin anymore.

>I don't know an ancient language, but let me tell you why it's not worth it to know an ancient language and why you don't know that ancient language better than someone who writes a translation.

^^^Idiot pleb who is too lazy to learn anything.
>>
>>5794429
Oh... Look how cute he is.
>>
OP

I am a philosophy phd candidate. It is true that most (if not all) anglophone 'humanities departments' are run as businesses and filled by professors pushing their political agendas on students (where there agendas include: accepting students and profs based on their race, sex, etc.; telling students what arguments they are and are not allowed to make based upon their race, sex, etc.; what political movements the students are expected to partake in... and these are supposed 'liberal thinkers'!) But do you know what is best about it? Before me, I have 'philosophical' foundation of every one of these hypocrites laid out before me. They even go to pains to teach me its nuances. And what do I do? I smile and write papers that pick apart the logical foundations of these ideas... of course never making it explicit. Of course, engaging with their hypocrisies also forces me to cleanse myself of my own. Plus, if you look, you'll find one or two 'quiet' profs there because their honest love for knowledge.

This is what I should have done for my undergrad. Go somewhere education is free and where it is cheap to live: a small town in the Netherlands or France (I suggest the latter, where the culture seems to keep these sorts of more extreme anglophone agendas out of the education system.)

Then come back, do a graduate degree, and grin at these 'agenda pushers' as you stockpile ammunition against them. There are still people in academia, and everywhere for that matter, capable of making themselves happy with knowledge, and who see these agenda pushers as nothing other than weak people filled with resentment. Just remember, never make yourself out to be the victim... then you are no different than them.
>>
>>5793408
>only ancient Hebrew
No. They have to learn biblical Hebrew, Mishnaic Hebrew, and more modernized versions of Hebrew because the category of halachic literature has had its Hebrew change very fundamentally at points, especially with concerns to vocabulary.
>>
>>5793774
El-Al has recently actually had a controversy because religious Jews refused to sit next to women.
>>
>>5793961
as a literature undergrad i appreciate your effort to share your good knowledge, experience. thank you.
>>
practically uninformed, ignorant, enthusiastic, and recently penetrated by enlightenment nooblol general, take a seat over there
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.