[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/ literary movement discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 29

File: 1398992761722.jpg (60KB, 642x482px) Image search: [Google]
1398992761722.jpg
60KB, 642x482px
despite everything, 4chan remains a unique online presence
/lit/ is commonly cited as the best topic board on 4chan
let's start a literary movement
>>
>>5251444
who's she?
>>
>/lit/
>best anything
>>
>>5251444
>/lit/ is commonly cited as the best topic board on 4chan
gonna need a source on that
>>
is this the birth of an ebic new meme?
>>
>>5251444
hidden
>>
if /mu/ can invent vaporwave and seapunk and drake and josh wave then /lit/ can invent a literary movement
>>
I'm working on it.
>>
would you read a book while butterfuck pegged you?
>>
>>5251444
by retards who've never browsed the other boards
>>
>>5251444
Is it? Who says this?
>>
>>5251469
>if /mu/ can invent vaporwave and seapunk
got your facts wrong

however, they definitely contributed to the hype big time

i must've missed drake and josh wave
>>
greentext is already one of the most interesting literary movements of today. we didn't create it specifically, but i have seen it acknowledged and discussed here
>>
>>5251469
>drake and josh wave
wait what? when did that happen?
>>
>>5251451
>>5251477
>>5251489
alright, alright! i made it up. i heard it a couple times elsewhere, but not that much.

what can i say? i have board pride. i like you guys.
>>
>>5251494
>>5251492
http://millennialdreamcorp.bandcamp.com/
>>
lets write about having sex with butterlard
>>
>>5251476
>>5251510
Gentlemen, you have the floor; post at will.
>>
There are writers who've posted in critique threads that are pretty forward-thinking. I google their posts and find tumblr pages. I won't post any cause I'll look like I'm self-promoting and discredit my own anonymous self and the writers of which I speak. But yeah, /lit/ has some top tier young writers.
>>
>>5251510
Butterfree sat in her crib, crying again about how a slender girl with auburn hair would never plunder her treasure holes when suddenly the ghost of Feminister busted through her trailer. YOU SLUT! Suddenly they started to make out atop a stack of classical literature and both pissed in each others mouth because they're so ironic.

~fin
>>
does any1 wanna see a pic of me eating a banana/ btw im a boy
>>
>>5251528
that escalated a bit too quickly
>>
File: 1398991325114.jpg (41KB, 641x482px) Image search: [Google]
1398991325114.jpg
41KB, 641x482px
OP here. A movement has to do with style or form or content or theme or something like that.
>>
>>5251528
>when suddenly the ghost of Feminister busted through
Hahah.
Just for your imaginations, this is what Femi said she looked like. But with D cups
>>
1. Does anyone remember a few months ago /lit/ was going to write a novel (which may or may not have explored ideas of 'collective consciousness'? If that had worked out it would have been great.

2. As >>5251525 said, there are a few of writers here who are quite gifted and foreword thinking. I know some of us were recruited from /lit/ critique threads and our works are somewhat similar, in the sense they all border around postmodernism/metafiction and try to make sense of the 21st century. I notice all of us seem to be between the ages of 18 to 23. It might be a generation scope thing. If any of us break out, I've no doubt the rest will follow and we could be considered the /lit/erary movement of the technological age.
>>
>>5251560

*forward-thinking

Autocorrect every time
>>
>>5251444
We can start more than a literary movement. We could easily start a whole philosophical movement. The internet is on the threshold of doing so, anyways. The only obstacle to really surmount is the reflexive self-hatred and cynicism that the internet denizens hold (and the contempt for ideology that tends to accompany that). But a board like /lit/ is a good place to foster introspection which precisely can surmount these obstacles.

We already have a philosophical and political positions to pull from. In many ways, I think that the Pirate Party, and to a lesser extent Situationism, will provide the philosophical foundations for our next movement. We have before us the ability to move in a new direction as a society.

I think some will see my excitement as naivete, but on the contrary, I think if you are not excited, you are naive. Such a radical change in the popular medium of communication reorganizes the world of ideas, and the ideas which inhabit it must change with it.
>>
>>5251556
tao-lin-ism
>>
>>5251557
>implying Feminister was a female
>>
>>5251557
yeah nah i call bullshit
>>
>>5251560
>>5251568
the best laid plans...

i'm sure we could. i think we should remain anonymous somehow. i think that's what's special about 4chan.
>>
File: X048lKe.jpg (86KB, 796x988px) Image search: [Google]
X048lKe.jpg
86KB, 796x988px
>>5251525
>forward-thinking

No thanks.
>>
>>5251593
did she get permabanned or what. I've been gone
>>
We should start a cult. We find tripfags, gang-bang them and then we turn them to religious icons because of the terrible guilt. Then tripfags gang-bang us with strap-ons.
>>
File: Feminister !!F9QVQ82MjmE.jpg (250KB, 1217x681px) Image search: [Google]
Feminister !!F9QVQ82MjmE.jpg
250KB, 1217x681px
>>5251614
she left of her own accord, because she got "ousted" by a slip-up.

she might be back tripping under another name.
>>
we already started a literary movement

it's called shitposting
>>
>>5251609

Eh, I'm sort of doing the reverse by writing a memoir which is fifty per cent real and fifty per cent fiction.

Imagine if we were able to found a publishing house and publish our works as a collective though!
>>
>>5251609
It absolutely is. It's special about the internet in general (despite Google's desire to destroy it) anonymity and pseudonymity are the internet's greatest assets.
>>
>>5251489
Dear butterfly,
yesterday I have asked you about your relations to your male family members. The thread has been deleted already without you answering. Since I am unsure if you have seen my post I would like to remind you again to expresse yourself precisely. Furthermore I am still interested in your relationship to your male familiy members. Eagerly awaiting your respones ~Anon
>>
>>5251617
haha what the fuck? pathetic.
>>
>>5251593
>Implying she isn't
>>5251605
Yeah, me too.
>>5251614
She/he is still here. I'm surprised at all these blind and wishful thinking anons.

>>5251630
Pardon the brevity, but I have as normal relations with male family members as anyone could have.
>>
>>5251662
i dont get why she would go into hiding. i mean, she could just make up all kinds of bs stories about why she posted what she posted.

btw, do you know for a fact she's a gril? because after that samefagging fiasco i'm not so sure no more
>>
>>5251444
Except for mods deleting very productive discussions that are incited by troll threads. Why does this happen all the time?
>>
>>5251729
because they don't... read
>>
So many potential women on this board.

Yet, in real life, I've never met a female with more than a passing interest in literature. Closest I got was a chick who dug French films.

I guess I'm going to have to start leaving my house again. Bummer.
>>
>>5251680
You seem sure she's a pederast. A chameleon troll, is all we can be sure of.
She's Sasha Grey
>>
>>5251737
but girls read more than boys
and girls read better than boys all over the world
>>
"/lit/ is the best topic board on 4chan"
— Anonymous of 4chan, in a 4chan thread
>>
>>5251739
as much as i hate to admit it, feminister seemed a lot more well-read and wrote better than sasha grey.

>>5251749
that's funny
>>
>>5251449
/lit/ queen
>>
>>5251737
I know quite a few offline women readers. But of course /lit/ would cite them as pleb tier. We don't connect and discuss much.
>>
File: Now it's art.jpg (45KB, 648x239px) Image search: [Google]
Now it's art.jpg
45KB, 648x239px
>>
>>5251764
Well yes, the women I do know peruse the usual suspects, romance, 50 shades, etc. At most they imbibe feminist literature. I was hoping for someone more well versed in literature though.

So they can help my retarded ass understand.

Also I'm sexually attracted to women, and the thought of fucking one while she lays on the bed and thumbs through a novel, entirely disinterested in my thrusting...this is something that turns me on. A lot. Bonus points if she occasionally sighs and asks if I'm done yet.
>>
>>5251784
what exactly is the art in this pic
>>
>>5251790
lol
>>
>>5251800
butterfly is a work of art
>>
File: Happy Lemon icee wink.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Lemon icee wink.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
>>5251790
>this is something that turns me on.
You've seen that /gif/ thread yet? >>>/gif/6411083
>>
>>5251800
It's kind of a developing meme. I hear some jackass made money blowing up a still of a 4chan post.
>>
>>5251816
butterfly would browse a place like /gif/? oh my gosh...
>>
>>5251568
Not bad.

So. Of all the boards that can actually get things done without simply relying on apelike fury, /g/ obviously comes to mind. They hold identity politics responsible for the failure of OWS and so hate it with a passion.

Meanwhile, many movements with roots in the humanities won't touch 4chan with a ten foot pole. /lit/, however, is unperturbed by the worst 4chan has to offer and we are not nearly as insufferable as some other online movements. This is a rather unique position.
>>
>>5251835
I fap just like everyone else.
>>
>>5251841
okey-doke. there are at least 3-4 different people here who have all been thinking about this. what would be the first step to doing something?
>>
>>5251828
i like you. you have a refreshingly casual, low-brow style. you can be queen of /lit/ for a while.

still hope feminister comes back before the board becomes too friendly.

>>5251845
i bet you're fiercer even. the gay have a way of hopelessly out-kinky-ing straight folk.
>>
>>5251845
ew gross, u mudt be a tranny
>>
>>5251845
yes, but /gif/ is gross
>>
>>5251853
>you can be queen of /lit/ for a while.

um no i claimed that title months ago.
>>
>>5251816
Ha, yeah I saw it.

I have a thing for Aubrey Plaza (and her schtick) for similar reasons.

My ultimate fantasy is to meet a cute lesbian who likes me, but isn't sexually attracted to me, for obvious reasons. However, she still lets me use her hole because we're friends.

Ahem...
>>
>>5251846

Maybe get everyone together on the /lit/writers IRC channel? I hope someone makes a thread for this tomorrow because I'm going to sleep now.
>>
>>5251845
!

...I do masturbate, but don't do that.

>>5251860
It sure is!
>>
>>5251861
post pics and we'll decide
>>
>>5251871
i'll think on it more and make a thread with some of our vague agreements in the main post. obviously anyone else here can as well.
>>
>>5251444
good thread
>>
>>5251846
There is someone on /g/ who spreads a metric ton of information every now and then about cyber security, cryptography etc. in the "cyberpunk general" threads. I don't know if these are still active, but I believe this poster has a healthy interest in fresh new movements.
>>
File: 79582.jpg (58KB, 596x299px) Image search: [Google]
79582.jpg
58KB, 596x299px
Can we even create a reading movement when the nature of using this board denies us the act itself?
>>
>>5251845
Your lust conveyed, so I complied
Stripped down, bared, and opened wide
Flowing haired and empty eyed
Hand unbound but ball gag tied
How on my farts your wings would glide
Strips me of my pomp and pride
How many camera angles for you, compound eyed,
As the curl within my lips you spied
And with a spinster's finger delved inside?
Every position and rhythm, which we tried,
I couldn't get off, though I heaved and sighed;
You seemed to me an endless ride!
Oh yes! Oh god is-! Oh no!, I cried
As the small death of my psyche chrysalised:
The truth, the fact, I had been butterflied.
>>
>>5251890
if you think /g/ gets anything done, you haven't been there in a while. also they fucking despise the humanities.
>>
>>5251875
i've already posted authentic nudes.
>>
>>5251894
I can fap with the support of this and a butterfly's pic
>>
>>5251892
fuck off, feminister. you're not welcome.
>>
>>5251892
With this as a meeting place (?)
You're a writer, rose?
>>
File: Rêve 01.jpg (37KB, 463x602px) Image search: [Google]
Rêve 01.jpg
37KB, 463x602px
>>5251875
She's our poet laureate

>>5251908
Shhhhhhhh
>>
>>5251568
I like your style.
>>
>>5251896
Perhaps. We still have an advantage over, say, the entirety of identity politics. There are also some offshoot image boards based on /g/ but I have no idea how well they are doing.

Ideally we would get in touch with the sousveillance movement.
>>
>>5251886

Alright, thanks. Good night anon!
>>
>>5251922
I'm sorry but shouldn't this 'movement' have a name? If we're to recognize whatever and such in future threads?
>>
>>5251916
>Shhhhhhhh
what?! i was bluffing
it's really her? are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>5251493
this
>>
>>5251916
awe i'm smilin'
/lit/'s poet laureate, my tongue loves that

now i gotta get writing.
>>
>>5251936
r u a trap?
>>
>>5251896
Actually it's quite simple. Go to /g/ or one of the offshoot image boards and promise you will support Snowden. Also, that you will completely rip to pieces any normalscum arguments that follow the "I don't have anything to hide from the NSA" line of thought. Discuss 1984 and Brave New World and so on and so on.
>>
>>5251916
she isn't as aesthetic as you
>>
>>5251938
my cunt says 'no'
>>
>>5251931
a name ought to (but doesn't have to be) meaningful, but we don't know what we are yet
>>
>>5251931

Yeah call it the /lit/erary movement. It's self-referential and hip!
>>
>>5251931
the newfags of /lit/
>>
File: reignsuperman01.gif (82KB, 576x213px) Image search: [Google]
reignsuperman01.gif
82KB, 576x213px
>>5251568
Are we already friends? I like you.

>>5251932
Pic related

>>5251941
I'm no poet
...th-thank you.
>>
>>5251944
lemme taste it bb
>>
>>5251950

Sounds like your jealous because you have no discernible talent.
>>
>>5251950
>New Faggotry
>>
>>5251560
you have delusions of grandeur
>>
>>5251950
What's your better idea, frattello?
>>
File: nightscape.jpg (626KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
nightscape.jpg
626KB, 1000x667px
>>5251954
no thx i am reserved for butterfly or the cutie boy who works at the gas station near my work who pulled down a black pack of american spirits for me while only having seen me once before.
>>
>>5251955
I don't know, but for sure I haven't your enthusiasm
>>
>>5251948
How about the 'butter flying' movement?
>old fags will be neophytes
>>
>>5251970

There's nothing delusional about knowing you're in the right place at the right time, part of a collective who all seem to be aiming at the same thing in a broad literary sense, and being aware of your own creative genius. There is especially nothing exceedingly grandiose about being able to see the potential for something different to occur should all three of those factors play perfectly off each other.
>>
Remodernism. But no, movements are bullshit made up by historians after the fact, or bullshit made up by shitty artists to seem more interesting than they are.
>>
>>5251974
>american spirits
Gross.
>>
>>5251568
Alright /lit/, here is your homework. I have no idea which particular subculture will let us approach them or if they will even tolerate any amount of publicity outside their current sphere. That said, I might as well show the basic issue and give you something to think about.

"Lets do some thinking. Pretend I'm a normie. My PC runs Windows, I use Google Chrome and my only uses of the internet are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube. I've never even thought about online privacy or spying.

I want you to convince me that I should care. Why is the government knowing everything about me something bad? What real life problems could ever come out of my name, address, face, and everywhere I've been being on record? I've got nothing to hide, so why should I?

The reason I want to have this thread is because I want you all to think about why you're doing this outside of the purely ethical stand point. Because face it, the average Joe isn't going to give a shit about ethics and we all know it. If we want to have any hope of retaining our online privacy we need popular support, and to do that we need to convince normal people to care. This is a thinking exercise.

So, convince me."
>>
>>5251996

I would have hope for this is /lit/ actually had good discussions of literature. I hardly ever see threads that discuss anything beyond topical elements of a text -- and even then, half of a thread is usually people just arguing if a book is good or not.

Thus I am forced to assume that most people on here don't actually have any deep comprehension of what they are reading. The philosophical discussions are even worse. While I'm sure there are people that browse this board that could write something worthwhile, I think most /lit/ posters fancy themselves smarter than they really are
>>
>>5251996
Yeah no maybe he's right... If not delusions of grandeur, an excess of youthful idealism. It's nice though; everybody likes you right now.
>>
>>5251974
>she works

hahahahaha you're gonna make it hahhaahhaha
>>
>>5251444
Not anymore, new trips and new friends all ruined it. Have you seen how much traffic we're getting now? Have you seen how shitty the posts got?

/lit/ is for pseudo intellectual plebes now
>>
>>5252008
>/lit/ is for pseudo intellectual plebes now
that's fine

if that's what we are, then that's what we'll be
>>
>>5251974
very nice traps and complexion. Sorry for the deflated boobs
>>
>>5252004
>I think most /lit/ posters fancy themselves smarter than they really are
Dunning-Kruger runs rampant on this board.
>>
>>5251974
as i light an american spirit
he asks how i can smoke such shit
(i) say any smokes will kill ya
but these will make you feel like it
>>
>>5251974
r u 1 o those feminist sluts hu lets any1 cume in yer hole
>>
>>5251476
its one of my many fantasies
>>
File: pig.gif (1MB, 600x329px) Image search: [Google]
pig.gif
1MB, 600x329px
>>5251974
>smoking
>2014
>>
>>5251970
Somebody has to.

>>5252002
>>5252027
Stop that, please.
>>
>>5252004
This
>>
File: a09.jpg (66KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
a09.jpg
66KB, 800x800px
>>5252049
>>
>>5252004

I understand where you are coming from, trust me I do. The only basis I have for what I'm saying - and you're gonna have to take my word for it for conversation's sake - I can tell the difference between good and bad literature; I know how to interpret a text correctly. While the majority of this board can sometimes seem not as intelligent as you'd expect them to be, the collective I speak of is the cream of the crop. If anyone's got a chance at being published; at being a pioneer of some new movement, it has to be one of us. I only think so because our compositions are so different but also seem to be evolving towards the same end goal (obviously applying abstractions like that makes it sound somewhat unbelievable).

I understand everything I'm saying is coming off as egoistic/hyperbolic. That's sort of necessary when trying to spark interest in something as audacious as this.
>>
le hello
>>
>>5252005

Thank you anon, most of my fiction revolves around the philosophical idea that in order to survive adult life, one must salvage as much of his childlike wonder as possible. It's good to know I can communicate it through 4chan posts unintentionally.
>>
>>5252070
hey bb come here often?
>>
>>5252074
no, u wanna fuck?
>>
>>5252066
anyone who uses the word "intelligent" is probably an idiot. that goes even more for the phrase "intelligent discussion."

a 4chan literary movement trying to be cream of the crop intellectual will be a joke.

why wouldn't you want to embrace the inherent forces here? there's a lot of stupidity and goofing and i love that.
>>
>>5252081
the original butterfly says "make love"
>>
>>5252073
Smoke weed everyday.
>>
>>5252081
no thx i'm readin a book u can go down on me tho i'll tell u what it's about
>>
>>5252066
The one thing I will grant you is that the person who ends up writing a successful treatment of this era will have probably visited (or even frequented) /lit/ at one point or another.

But there is another piece of me that thinks they wouldn't stick around very long. I'll believe your claims of your own abilities and the only thing I can really say is this:

Assuming there are talented people with potential to do great work on this board (and I know that there are), /lit/ is only going to hold them back.

The format of this website just isn't conducive for cultivating that kind of thing. It isn't just that there is no good discussion of literature on this board, it is that there can't possibly be any due to the nature of the forum.
>>
>>5252082
Exactly. "Intelligence" is just another form of power, although it can be also used against power. Its value is based on context. However, "non-intelligence" is always the biggest part that moves things forward. That's why academics almost never get anything done themselves, at least not the "intelligent" part of them.
>>
File: candid cunt.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px)
candid cunt.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>5252002
sorry baby but i take too many uppers not to

>>5252007
i revolutionize geriatric psychology

>>5252024
w/e

>>5252028
i may reek of perique
but i'm still hella chic
>>
So, uh, guys, about that literary movement...
>>
>>5252098
Well it's not that the form is wrong. It's that people shitpost all the time and things move way way way too quick. If we all took the time to write quality posts, we would actually be moving at faster speed. But now we're just spinning in one place.
>>
>>5252127
It's not possible on 4chan.
>>
>>5252124
we agreed to get a start on it first thing tomorrow
>>
>>5252132
Sadly you're probably right. The problem is that the biggest mass of different people is probably here, compared to other image boards.
Basically, we absolutely have the right spirit, but we lack so much discipline or willpower. I think this is nothing surprising if you think about it.
>>
>>5252127
So you're saying we need to commence oscillating?
>>
>>5252137
10/10
you made me even spit over the screen with a big laugh
>>
>>5252151
>The problem is that the biggest mass of different people is probably here, compared to other image boards.
man, you really think you're hot shit, don't you?
get over yourself, cunt
>>
>>5252160
Haven't we already definitely established that this is the best topic board on 4chan?
>>
>>5252119
Post your ass to prove once and for all that it's not flat.
>>
>>5252163
If by "we" you mean "OP" and "established" you mean "bullshitted"
>>
>>5252160
You see, this is what I'm talking about. I would never get this response on reddit, people behave too normalized there because of their strong reputation system. Their system is based on recognition. There I have to say something recognizable to get attention and points. Here I say something different.
>>
>>5252082

You're misinterpreting my post. The only idea I can derive from some 4chan literary movement is this one I have of a story written in 'collective consciousness' wherein you have numerous authors all writing different pieces of flash fiction all linked together by the overarching theme of what it's like to.... to simple 'be' in the 21st century. See: green texting/stream of consciousness/unannounced switching between reality and the surreal. The type of stuff we discussed when the idea of a /lit/ novel came up.

I don't literally mean a /lit/-generated literary movement. You can't generate a movement, for one thing. They just happen and get written about afterwards. I mean i/r/t the next big thing - it'll be postmodern/metafiction; it'll focus on how overwhelming this world is and what one can do to find peace in it; it'll incorporate all aspects of sites such as this (and I'm not referring to green texting, I mean life philosophies or abstractions such as a collective consciousness formed by an anonymous image board).

Whoever said before me that the next literary movement will be sparked accidentally but will probably be the fault of someone who once upon a time visited /lit/ itself and was profoundly influenced by it - he hit the nail on the head. I'm just saying I think that very person could easily be found in the collective I've mentioned before, and could be done sort of breakout leader god the rest of our compositions, effectively heralding a new wave of internet-influenced writings.

Apologies if I didn't make that clear earlier.
>>
>>5252151
It's not even the posters themselves I'm talking about -- there are people here with discipline and willpower. I'm just saying that 4chan itself is not the right medium for it. The Anonymity, the transience of any one post, the quickness of the threads, the fact that people from other boards can wander in and out (people with no background knowledge, potentially), etc.

It's not the site culture or the people that visit the site that I'm talking about. It's the technical qualities of 4chan as a communicative medium. You just can't do it. If you wanted to do something like what you are proposing you would have to move offsite.

yes I read too much McLuhan sue me
>>
>>5252182
Oh right, I was going to post something about one of our strengths being the possibility of fluid collaboration but I got distracted and never posted in this thread

So I guess that's an idea
>>
>>5252180
>I would never get this response on reddit
holy fuck, go away
>>
>>5252180

Reddit's majority is fucking retarded though. Whatever you guys said about the Donning-Kruger effect on 4chan, it's amplified a hundred million times on reddit. All you need to do is check the r/writing or the r/books subreddit. It's as if everyone there is fucking illiterate. I get angry just thinking about it. At least on 4chan people aren't afraid to tell others they're doing something horrifically wrong.
>>
>>5252183
Let's print out the warosu archives into a book and call it a day
>>
>>5251503
Meh, I'd agree with that.
>>
>>5251568
hey Guys! I just had a brilliant idea!
Why, instead of start a literary movement, don't we read a book?
>>
>>5252196
reminds me of this one short story from reddit I got linked with the promise it was really good.
It was really an exercise in how to bore a reader while having an actual plot that could be really good.
I'll try to find it.
>>
>>5252197
Glad you're handling this, anon. Send me the cheque.
>>
>>5252182

*who could be some sort of mainstream breakout leader for the rest of our compositions

Holy fuck autocorrect that's like the ninth time today
>>
>>5252203
found it
http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/19fmjf/autopilot/
>>
>>5252203

Haha that sounds interesting. I hope you find it.
>>
>>5252202
Because narcissism. Everyone wants to feel important.
>>
>>5252212

Cool thanks reading now
>>
File: buttSLUT.jpg (192KB, 1280x632px) Image search: [Google]
buttSLUT.jpg
192KB, 1280x632px
>>5252177
you all can suck it
>>
File: 1377158421750.png (211KB, 627x572px) Image search: [Google]
1377158421750.png
211KB, 627x572px
>>5251444
I've thought of this before but I'm very conflicted on it.

On the one hand, there is a very big possibility that what I see emerging in American culture that lines up with what I see in 4chan is me just projecting and trying to satisfy my want for community.

On the other hand, it doesn't seem that far fetched to say that there are some aspects of American culture (maybe overall Western culture but I don't want to say that) that are becoming more related to what I see going on in 4chan. Those things being mainly many aspects of the internet and how the "millennial generation" are defined by it: we have quite a lot of information at our disposal, we are used to mixing cultures (hipster), we are used to post-modern apathy, we probably deal with echo chambers in a very different way compared to past generations, and we have this really weird way of dealing with social capital and the want to say that we were there when things got started.

4chan is weird though because of its place in internet history, and how it was at one point (maybe now I dont know) the center of internet culture. The only reason I think this is important is because 4chan might be a symptom of some culture that is now much bigger, so now more people and their culture might become like 4chan. I mean, maybe 4chan is just used to Japanese culture, a very urban culture, and the world is heading towards that?
>>
>>5252215
But everyone is already important for himself
>>
>>5252212

Oh I've actually read that before. I can definitely see where you're coming from. The execution was not worth 5000+ up votes. AND if it were posted on a 4chan critique thread it'd get destroyed.
>>
>>5252222
You are a flat-assed whore. Quads confirm.
>>
let's start a literary movement:
1.reactionary politics, 2.dubs, 3.meme arrows, 4.the word 'butthurt'

>4chan special anonymous fun clubhouse for true genius
>>
>>5252065
>>5252070
>>5252081
>>5252093
Do you mind!
I'm trying to read.

>>5252222
>you all can suck it
Yes ma'am

>>5252232
That's not how quads works. Just ask /s4s/
>>
>>5252196
Everyone on /r/books supposedly had a high school teacher who 'ruined' literature for them by asking them to actually think about what they were reading.
>>
>>5252257
>just ask /s4s/
Like I care. They can confirm whatever the fuck I want them to.
>>
>>5252196
Go on r/literature and r/literarystudies

There's nowhere on the web writers post decent writing because decent writers are trying to publish.
>>
>>5252245
put meme in front of any reference to arrows in literature.

That very time I saw, but thou couldst not,
Flying between the cold moon and the earth,
Cupid all arm'd: a certain aim he took
At a fair vestal throned by the west,
And loosed his meme-shaft smartly from his l'bow,
As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts;
But I might see young Cupid's fiery memeshaft
Quench'd in the chaste beams of the watery moon,
And the imperial votaress passed on,
In maiden meditation, fancy-free.
Yet mark'd I where the memebolt of Cupid fell:
It fell upon a little western flower,
Before milk-white, now purple with meme's wound,
And maidens call it meme-in-idleness.
>>
>>5252257
surely you're a bad girl
>>
File: 1387851636553.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1387851636553.png
187KB, 400x750px
>166 posts later and nothing is said about what this literary movement might say

It will deal with the problem of authenticity and sincerity.

It will deal with the breakdown and mixing of culture, where all cultures from the past and around the world are known and brought back to make new culture. Strong focus on the East, since its the strangest to the West while still being comfortably familiar.

It will be against the post-modern, however this is defined. It will be against boredom, incompetence, patience, and most importantly, irony.

It will justify the reemergence of the hero.

>critique the fuck out of this so we can go somewhere
>>
We should start a literary movement called "cat-fishing" where we slowly trick unsuspecting victims into developing feelings for us in order to get info on and potentially physical contact with their cat/s. We can develop some kind of standardized series of messages that are sensitive to the type of person being cat-fished.
>>
>>5252270
>>5252270
yes exactly, why would a decent writer put their writing on the internet. It's too public for a real crit
>>
>>5252232
i think the quads mean that i'm the fuckin queen of /lit/

>>5252257
what are you reading???
butterfly let me see your cute behind.
>>
>>5252276
irony is the cancer of this years
>>
>>5252276
Read N&H's Commonwealth.
>>
>>5252281
Also decent writers don't need validation from randumbs on the internet. Take THAT, crit threads.
>>
>>5252277
I am back-tracing your IP as we speak Rob. As Howard Bloom as my witness, your cat mutilating days are hereby over!
>>
>>5252276
needs more religion
>>
>>5252282
No butterfly is the queen because, although she makes the most depraved things, and passing over her flat boobs, she's able to maintain decorum and some kind of irony
>>
>>5252292
Can we talk about Howard Bloom?
Is he insane?
Have you seen some of those youtube videos?
I thought he was decent when I was like, 16 and still edgy enough to watch Amazing Atheist, but goddamn.
Was he always that bad?
>>
>>5252291
>>5252281
>>5252270

I'm aware of that, that's beside the point. I was trying to say that the majority of these people on reddit are not only posting their compositions but also THINN IT'S GOOD. And this is A LOT of people we are talking about. And nobody ever tears them apart. Lots of casual readers pop in and say they're doing really well. It's a travesty of justice.
>>
>>5252289
I just looked over the book.

I dont see what this has to do with what I said, besides the overall topic of "movements"
>>
>>5252276

I've already posted about what it'll be - it'll be presented as 4chan, like the magic of greentexting, where you have no idea how many planes of consciousness exist; what's real and what's not; you just read and suspend reality. It'll deal with the irony of the 21st century, like how we all feel overwhelmed by pretty much anything - take for instance a Facebook news feed, but we keep refreshing it anyway. Boredom will play a huge part in it as well. The struggle for the technological age to find itself an identity will work as a self-referential meta fictional device.
>>
>>5252282
My new books are coming in. Poking around the Second Sex.

>>5252321
The fuck?
>>
>>5251556
You look like a lit teacher I've had.
>>
>>5252335
Fuck this, thats just the post-modern trying to be fashionable by re-branding its boredom
>>
>>5252321
i don't think you have any idea of what you are talking about.
>>
>>5252335
Boredom has played way too big of a role in litfic period for the past 70 years. We don't need that shit, nigga.
>>
>>5252336
Oh come on, everyone knows that you're flat and you've a complex for your nose
>>
>>5252354
if anything it should have a constant feeling of stress and bombardment. that would be more in line with what actually goes on when people sink into the internet.
>>
A movement about how everyone's listless because we didn't have to go to war (even though we watched 9/11 happen on our grade school TV sets)

That's why we're all spoiled shitheads
>>
>>5252360
no one has ever even seen butterfly because he's a cute boy but he's ashamed of being a boy because boys are bad.
>>
>>5252346
>>5252354

But this movement offers no solution to boredom.
>>
>>5252369
when has literature been in the business of solving anything?
it's in the same business as everyone else: complaining about everything so that the people with the mad munz CAN solve it maybe.
>>
>>5252369
Someone should pull a Thoreau and quit the internet for awhile and then write a book about it
>>
Boredom is boring
>>
>>5252360
A thin dare I see.
Whatever. I posted this mainly for Feminister once before, I believe
>>
>>5252387
Definitely a brush footed butterfly, you can tell by the stunted forelegs on the thorax above the more apparent middle pair. You're such a qt3.14 butterfly, would mount as individual specimen/10
>>
File: 1356157385693s.jpg (6KB, 208x249px) Image search: [Google]
1356157385693s.jpg
6KB, 208x249px
>>5252387
You look like my ex, i didn't asked for these feels
>>
File: 190.gif (48KB, 300x100px)
190.gif
48KB, 300x100px
>>5252369
This
>>5252276
Does somewhat, but I tried to keep it as common denominator as possible just to get something going. Also why I didnt bring up religion or politics

But as a solution to boredom, the solution has to be instilling passion.

Trying to be authentic and sincere is at least a challenge, that isnt boring. Having a mixed culture like I mentioned gives you options.

As far as what I personally think is a solution to boredom, it probably has to deal with facing death. I've had a near death experience, and it really made me care. About everything. One thing I no longer cared about, however, was my image and how people thought of me. For example, im sure someone reading what I just wrote might cringe, thinking something like, this guy thinks hes a special snowflake.

My reaction to this is not caring. There doesnt seem to be an objective perspective on the world, so being jaded or inspired by the world are both justified or equally unjustified. The person saying, stop lying to yourself about the world being beautiful or moving, somehow thinks that they know the truth about the world, which is flawed.

The above for me was the solution to boredom.
>>
>>5252387
Someone better have saved that picture.
>>
>>5252421
Archives
>>
>>5252421
Don't you have a queen folder?
>>
>>5252420
I didn't nearly die, but I had an extremely traumatic experience that temporarily made me have a fantastic outlook and want to do literally everything I could.
Then I stopped having to take tons of pain meds, sleep upright, and eat all my food pureed and all progress I made went into the shitter.
Actually the only things that remained permanent were my new-found firsthand knowledge of blunt trauma to the body and face, and my replacement of "thanks" with "thank you".
>>
>>5252428
butterfly i retract my 'you are a boy' statements. you really are so sweet looking you remind me of this girl i had a love-affair with

i want to kiss you in a platonic sweet soft way
>>
>>5252387
okok, your boobs are over the average, but I've hit the point with the nose.
>>
>>5252420

Well the theory I mentioned for beating boredom in the adult world of today involves hanging on to your childhood dreams and doing whatever you can to make them come true. That's passion of a sort.
>>
>>5252387
would cuddle /10
>>
>>5252522
I like the way you think, even though I disagree about /lit/'s potential to do anything creative.

Whenever I don't know what I should be doing, I ask myself "What would 7-year-old anon say?"

It's never led me wrong, except when it comes to eating too much candy. Kids are very good at being happy and well-adjusted.
>>
>>5252539

Haha thank you. Kids see things very clearly. Wrongly but clearly. As we grow up we put obstructions in the way.

Anyway I really should go to sleep right now, hopefully this thread will be around in the morning.
>>
>>5252513
I have no nose complex

>>5252506
Have you forgotten our rendezvous in Paris?
Meeting at the chunnel?
>>5252222
...where I'll put a little colour in those naughty cheeks
>>
File: Qu-Aldous Huxley.jpg (39KB, 574x470px) Image search: [Google]
Qu-Aldous Huxley.jpg
39KB, 574x470px
>>5252539
>>5252543
Sleep well
>>
>>5251444
i bet butterfly is also feminister
>>
>>5252420
What you're describing is the rejection of end-directed thinking. The idea that an activity is only worthwhile if it has a clear and intended outcome, and if not, it is looked upon with disparaging bewilderment or suspicion. Society is boring because people think there is a point to being alive, that the things we do are a necessary means to some end.
>>
>>5252559
no, butters is a trap, feminister's just a dude who wishes he was a grill.
>>
>>5252222
not very attractive

your ass could be shapelier, as well as your thighs and arms. and what kind of pose is that lol. sorry for cyberbullying
>>
>>5252559
Never.

I'm jealous of her/his knowledge.
...I wished s/he would've helped me write my novel...But maybe that part was made up too
>>
>>5251617
On which board did this take place? Can't find it in the /lit/ archive and I don't know what other board(s) feminister frequented. Or is this just bullshit?
>>
>>5252119
good lord
>>
>>5252544
i haven't forgotten. i'll lead you to an alcove and trace my fingers down your throat and ghost over your breasts as you look at my mouth and whine softly for a kiss.
>>
File: ariadne-on-the-panther.jpg (288KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ariadne-on-the-panther.jpg
288KB, 1920x1080px
>>5252573
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>5252573
it was awkward but the the timer went off :(

here is something better idk if it works b/c crossing boards but w/e
>>19967551
>>
>>5252601
i don't see anything

but seriously please don't take my opinions too seriously i'm mostly joking on here
>>
>>5252601
>crossing boards
You take the whole address and paste it. Only the post number will show
>>
Looking at this thread, its pretty apparent that /lit/ cant make a literary movement

The only possibility if a writer makes it, and comes back to /lit/, or somehow makes it and discovers /lit/

Its just going to turn into tripfag nonsense or incompetence
>>
>>5252610
i'm not worried. it's only /lit/ and i can't be too Adorish or else it'll backfire. just snoop around /soc/ occasionally

i'm finally starting to write again 2k words since i posted my behind.
>>
File: 1403525095049.jpg (81KB, 736x930px) Image search: [Google]
1403525095049.jpg
81KB, 736x930px
>>5252592
not >>5252573, but you should browse more /fit/
>>
>>5251489
What's with your left cheek? see>>5251444
>>
>>5252623
/lit/ will have an invisible influence on a few writers; some directly, some indirectly, but obviously we're never really gonna be some kind of movement.

Look at gatheryourparty.com: they were the darling of /v/, and now /v/ is totally turning on them for basically no reason at all.

Communities change, opinions change, and /v/ in particular can't handle the fact that it never had a good idea in the first place.
>>
>>5251444
Literally ever one thinks we're just /mu/ for books, and that really isn't far from becoming a reality with all the tripfags shitting up the place.
>>
>>5252650
i used to be hecka thin and fit but then i got psych meds shoved down my throat and i got fat. finally getting back to normal and i like my body as it is.
>>
>>5252587
/adv/
>>
>>5252650
Holy shit, I gotta starting lifting again if it means looking like that. I stopped after a month because my lifting buddy wanted to stop and I was too much of a pussy bitch to go to the weight room alone...

Yeah I want abs like that. I'm going back. I will be strong and make my grandma proud
>>
>>5252688
Post fit
>>
>>5252650
I like a lot of different body types.

>>5252653
That's dimpling from smiling

>>5252631
Oh Rêve... Found it.
I wish you have a better camera.
>>
>>5252693
That's a large dimple, on top of that in most pics I've seen there's something up with that cheek, did something happen?
>>
>>5251845
Butterfly, I know this isn't /mu/ but please...
you posted some really fantastic music
and I'm interested in what else you might suggest. so, suggestions?

please?
>>
File: 1405947567465.jpg (745KB, 1280x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1405947567465.jpg
745KB, 1280x1392px
>>5252673
Lifting not only improves your body, but also discipline your habits. Helps you to eat well, stop smoking and improves mood. /fit/ really is helpful
Source: Personal experience

we're all gonna make it
>>
>>5252693
i used to but now it's just my awful webcamera.

beggars can't be choosers. :(

and it's so sweet that you spelled my name right <4
>>
>>5251444
>let's do work for free
*falls asleep*
>>
>>5252700
leave my waifu alone
>>
i never understood the need to create a movement, especially a literary movement. if anything we should embrace the anonymity that 4chan provides. it prevents us from being labeled this or that, which is all calling something a movement really is. as soon as we become labeled as standing for one thing or another, the entire movement will be stone-walled and thus any sort direction the 'movement' was representative of will simply become a pigeonholed generalization. it will become incapable of changing or evolving once the flair of the 'new literary movement' dies out and become cosigned to history by, for lack of a better term, the superstructure. put simply it will lose all the power the anonymity actually grants us.
>>
>>5252734
judging by the threads on /fit/ i can safely conclude that they appear more depressed than the anti natalists we see here but also mixed with arrogant and homo erotic tendencies
>>
Why hasn't everyone in this thread been banned yet?
>>
Trips never lie, but this will be tough.
>>
>>5252750
Reading Mishima will do that to you.
>>
>>5252752
because /lit/ janitors are a myth.
>>
>>5252750
Fuck off with the stigmatization of 'depression' aka realism
>>
>>5251444
>best board
I want to agree with that

But considering we have half this thread full of namefag circlejerking and said namefags jump on every thread on this slow board my vote is put on hold

But yes I've read some of the funniest posts on here
>>
>>5252761
We should tell the story about how butterfly is our janitor again. This time I think we should pretend she's a mod because that would make us seem especially important and nothing at all like a primitive backwater.
>>
>>5252712
How about Popol Vu?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATpMfd7qeDY

>>5252752
We're discussing literature along with "shitposting"
>>
>>5252762
Top edge

Depression has no relation to realism
>>
Well I think this thread has been constructive in starting a literary movement
>>
>>5252028
...smoking makes you cool,
And smoking makes you rule.
So just light up a smoke and you'll never go broke
And you'll be the most popular kid in school-
But only if you smoke Parliament.

P.S. I love the song you quoted, they are a terrific group and the frontmab is especially great, love all his stuff.

P.S.S I actually smoke Pall Malls, the classy way to kill yourself.
>>
>>5252773
butterfly, someone on /lit/ found my /soc/ posts and are being cunts lol why do they hate me so much
>>
>>5252043
>2014
>not smoking
Faggot
>>
File: 1404548639553.gif (748KB, 286x155px) Image search: [Google]
1404548639553.gif
748KB, 286x155px
>>5252750
Yes, It's a funny place.
A board with the body as main topic is obvious that has "N-no homo" as regular meme
>>
>>5252802
We definitely need a /fit/x/lit/ slashfic. We're the perfect twink brains to their manly brawn.
>>
>>5252797
Insecurities. Troll culture brings it out in them. If he's not just trying to amuse himself, it's that he's trying to make himself feel superior. We can only hope they just bottle that false sense of confidence up before they spray it on people they know IRL.
>>
>>5252797
>/soc/
>>5252817
Don't bully my friends
>>
File: 1361985457387.jpg (75KB, 998x665px) Image search: [Google]
1361985457387.jpg
75KB, 998x665px
>>5252814
Start them of with the Greeks
>>
>>5252650
unff
>>
>>5251944
Wait are u Grace?
>>
>>5252840
who are you

>>5252817
yeah but i just don't see the point in a body-positive thread. i'm not really feeling upset but it's just a weird thing because it's aimed specifically at me so i know it's a personal attack
>>
Feminister is queen of /lit/ even though he's probably dead
>>
File: The Three Graces det.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
The Three Graces det.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
>>5252840
One of them, yes.
>>
>>5252821
If that's /fit/, is this /lit/?
>>
since when is stan such a pussy?
>>
>>5252855
I'm Angus Dagdasson
R u grace or nah?
>>
File: Edward_Emily_Gibbon.jpg (95KB, 450x538px) Image search: [Google]
Edward_Emily_Gibbon.jpg
95KB, 450x538px
>>5252855
/soc/ mods should delete that kind of thing
Make any kind of reaction, give them any kind of attention (Yes, anonymous is an attention whore) and they feel they've won some kind of victory. It's weird.

>>5252858
Y-y-yeah.

Teasing
>>
>>5252857
i'm the graces of cephisus
>>
>>5252879
Aw shit I knew it
>>
>>5252119
you're really ugly, I am not just saying that to be mean either.
>>
I propose everyone on /lit/ does LSD or shrooms all on the same night, and we hash out this new literary movement then.
>>
>>5252883
yes but who are you. this is important. :(

>>5252887
i've got a face and i like it and so do others so whoops oh well i do what i can with what i got
>>
>>5252893
see >>5252877
I remember u from a few threads a while ago u lil character u
u should read some more of my poems pls
>>
File: Picture 051.jpg (49KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 051.jpg
49KB, 640x482px
>>5252700
There's nothing up with my cheek other than smiling and advancing age.
Here's a non-smiling non-dimple shot.

...Oh, this thread doesn't have long till the 300 cap
>>
Let's start a literary movement with the only impetus of starting as many literary movements as possible. We'll call it the "Movement Movement"
>>
>>5252903
oh yeah sry i missed that post. i didn't really care for the one you posted recently on /lit/, kinda amateurish compared to what you had been doing previously, but it's good to explore different styles.

i'm kind of stuck creatively.

i thought you were someone i knew irl and was about to choke lol
>>
>>5252919
okay, I'll become a hotshot literary editor, and the secret code word will be "movement movement." Stick it in your manuscripts and I'll get in touch.
You'll know me when you see me.
>>
>>5251575
yes yes yes. lin-ism is seriously the future of important literature
>>
>>5252921
Do you mean the one I posted last night or the non-dagdasson one from a lil longer ago?
>>
>>5252959
the non-dagdasson one

my kitty just jumped on my head trying to catch a moth omg
>>
>>5252978
Yeah honestly I just sorta banged that one out, and I usually have to get into the mood by listening to old folk music and reading some whitman
I think I'll try to force myself to just write a few tonight cuz I'm trying to get back into writing
stay tuned on angusdagdasson.tumblr.com
>>
>>5252671
Hi everybody. I'm a special individual with muitos talentos to offer this lovely wovely board.
>>
>>5253002
yeah i follow you. do you read any of my stuff?

i'm starting to write a lot more creation-type prose. i'm really trying to get my memoirs down because i really feel like i've lived enough to do that at this point but it's hard because ptsd
>>
>>5251493
Underrated post
>>
>>5253043
Yeah I've read some of ur stuff, and I like the direction that it's heading in.
I'd like to read your memoirs because you seem like an interesting person from what I can decipher from your poems
>>
>>5251444
Omigerd

It's Bjork's cutie lesbit dotter!
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.