[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yep >yeah I don't really see why that matters but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

>yep
>yeah I don't really see why that matters but okay
>totally agree
>again don't see why that matters?
>yeah that's true but lol don't take it so personally
>again...don't know why that matters
>yep it's not a sexuality and--what the fuck are you fucking talking about you god damn fucking idiot who the fuck are you to decide that? WHAT THE FUCK? HOW FAR IN DENIAL CAN YOU BE?
>???????????????????? It's not offensive at all. It just only applies to those who are post op.
>yeah sure whatever
>good point

Why is tumblr so interestingly awful about this shit? Who started the meme that being trans doesn't require dysphoria or that it's not a type of mental illness? Why does tumblr hate trans people, especially trans men, so much?
>>
>>5712326
No idea about Tumblr, I'm not on it.

The committee responsible for the DSM-V has helped popularize that meme. The idea is that there is no such thing as a disordered gender identity (no more GID listed), but that substantial, lasting distress over a mismatch of body/social context and gender identity (gender dysphoria) is a disorder. Thereby, it is possible to be trans without dysphoria, but transition is a necessary set of treatments for dysphoric persons.

Still don't know enough about Tumblr to answer this.
>>
its just people who are stupid enough that they misinterpreted the rise of liberalism as meaning people care about arbitrary identity laws they write about on their blogs

do you honestly care so much? more visibility results in legitimacy unfortunately
>>
>>5712326
>they're mandatory
fuck hell no.
>>
>>5712326
>it's trans, not trans*
Yeah, trans* was introduced to refer to ALL trans people, not just the usual binary trans people, however it ended up being MORE exclusionary than just saying trans, since it implied nb people aren't "trans enough" to be included under trans without the asterisk.

>It's trans men and trans women, not transmen and transwomen - trans is an adjective that answers "what kind of men/women" - cis works the same way
Yeah, this makes sense. I've encountered a lot of people that refuse to see it that way, their ideas of gender are so tied to biology that they can't see trans and cis as adjectives.

>Never call trans men FTMs or trans women MTFs without their permission
3. Not sure why this would be a big deal, I suppose it's because some never identified as their assigned gender in the first place, but MtF and FtM are really talking about things like hormones and how people perceive you.

>Being trans is not a sexuality nor is it a "sexual disorder" or any kind of disorder at all-gender identity disorder is not a real thing, and being trans isn't a medical condition.
Well yes, GID is no longer considered a medical condition, and while GD still is, that's not the same thing as being trans
>>
>>5713048
If you want to be seen as anything other than a disgusting shitbag, then yes they are mandatory.
>>
>>5713106
Plenty of people will see you as things other than a disgusting shitbag, even if you don't conform to this rigid and petty idea of what a good person must do.
>>
>>5713118
That "plenty of people" you refer to does not include the persons you are choosing to misgender. I don't see how basic respect is a "rigid and petty idea"
>>
>>5713127
>I don't see how basic respect is a "rigid and petty idea"
It isn't. What you are talking about is not basic respect.
>>
>>5713131
>not misgendering people is not basic respect
[citation needed]
>>
>>5713136
One does not need to keep track of "mandatory pronouns" in order to avoid misgendering people.
>>
>>5713140
If you're calling someone by the wrong pronouns, you're misgendering them.
>>
>>5713144
You do not need to call someone by the wrong pronouns if you don't know their gender. You can refer to them by name, or not talk about them.
>>
>>5713106
>If you want to be seen as anything other than a disgusting shitbag, then yes they are mandatory.
But that's a whole different statement than in the image.

>a disgusting shitbag
>implying the world doesn't look at us like that already
Our social status is barely above pedophiles and murderers and even they consider us disgusting freaks.
Me being a dick to trans people isn't gonna affect that in the slightest.
>>
>>5713152
Oh sure, if you don't know their gender or pronouns, that's different. But if you do know their pronouns, it is mandatory to use those pronouns if you use pronouns at all.
>>
>>5713163
I have a problem with your demand for respect and choose to disrespect you.
>>
>>5713173

Then you're nothing more than a child throwing a temper tantrum.
>>
File: sjwhipsterfaggot.png (62KB, 409x431px) Image search: [Google]
sjwhipsterfaggot.png
62KB, 409x431px
I'd open up a can of whoopass on anybody that would tell me to check my privileges(without being sarcastic, lampooning sjw's) or told me how I should and shouldn't think about certain things(especially if it was from a filthy dyed colored hair sjw scum!!).

I really can't take a person seriously that uses tumblr. Social actavists or leftists are generally fucked up people, I'd suggest anyone who knows someone who has such a chip over their shoulder to stay away from people like that.
>>
>>5713173
Respect is something expected in human interactions, it's not something that's being "demanded". You're free to disrespect people, but that does make you a disgusting shitbag as >>5713106 points out.
>>
>>5713162
>Our social status is barely above pedophiles and murderers and even they consider us disgusting freaks.
>Me being a dick to trans people isn't gonna affect that in the slightest.
do you have multiple personalities?
>>
>>5713376
I'm just stating how it is.
How can I damage a reputation that is already rock bottom?
>>
>>5713430
ah, sucks. i'd love to hear about a person with multiple personalities in which one is trans.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.