[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does repressing really work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Desert.jpg (826KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826KB, 1024x768px
does repressing the dysphoria really work? or am I just fucked
>>
Yes, it works. You will kill yourself eventually.
>>
>>5689037
forgot muh sage.
>>
>>5689009
Dysphoria is a symptom, and a name for your problems. You're dysphoric because separate parts of your dysphoria feed into each other. There is no dysphoria separate from you, and no you separate from dysphoria. You are your mind, and dysphoria is in your mind, because it is you. The only way to eliminate the dysphoria is to become a different person. You must choose between changing your mind, and changing your body. You cannot live without dysphoria while maintaining your current self.
>>
>>5689009
It works for a time. Why are you considering repressing, though? Last I recall you were over the moon at the prospect of getting hormones.
>>
>>5689053
Probably a reality check.
>>
I would not repress it...
>>
>>5689009
It does not work. You will kill yourself eventually.
>>
>>5689053
Just in the event that i can't afford hormones
>>
>>5689282
How broke could you possibly be?
>>
>>5689288
good point
>>
>>5689290
Was gonna say. A month and a half of hormones is roughly the cost of eating out (non-fast food) twice if you have no medical coverage.
>>
>>5689240
Sais who? I'm 37 and have managed to live with Dysphoria and obsessive compulsive disorder for the brunt of 25 years or so. CBH and meds helped me with the anxiety and I feel a good bit better about my life. Not labeling your whole identity around your dysphoria is a good step, thinkijg of yourself as an individual WITH dysphoria, rather than a gender dysphoric, potential trans-individual is also a good step. Oh, and another important thing which I managed to do for awhile is to leave all of the shitty message boards, filled with depressed and butter individuals, trying to push their bitterness onto others, like this post I'm quoting for example. I'm not saying you shouldn't transition, but I am saying to see a therapist, check your options, try them out and see what happens. You won't "beat" the dysphoria, but you sure as fuck can live with it for awhile if that's what you want to do. So yeah, leave 4chan, or you'll be posting about killing yourself because there is an extra hair on your arm in about a week. To answer your questions also, I lurk here because this place is like comedy to me. I love reading ahout all the hons
>>
>>5689332
drugs never worked for me... Only Estrogen worked.
>>
>>5689009
no. it comes back again and again, every time slightly stronger than the last

give in and become u
>>
>>5689332
and you were pretty much ok? i mean i was ok for 22 years basically and then very quickly everything just compounded in on itself to the point where i don't even know if it's all just a house of cards
>>
>>5694778
Yeah, I mean I guess I'm not like most people here, I talk to many people all the time, venting my frustration and I have a really supportive family, so my mental state stays about fair. Plus, I find that for whatever reason dysphoria and a depressed state really helps me write music.
>>
>>5695026
Hm, yeah, I'm lucky too in that regard. Talking has been pretty much the best therapy I could ask for. It's good to know that people that are closest to you actually understand you.
>>
>>5695026
i'm sure it is nice to talk to people. i could never admit my problems to real people though. depression also just killed all creativity for me, not inspired it so it's lucky for you
>>
File: brain trans.jpg (206KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
brain trans.jpg
206KB, 728x546px
>>5689045
neurosurgery when?
>>
>>5701754
never. it's non-PC
>>
I think that it does work. I for one feel the best since I completelly cut off everything trans related.
You just need to stay busy all the time, lots of sports. A goal that interfers hrt, like joining the military but doesn't completely prevent it like the military.
I'm going to join the military btw
>>
>>5703059
>since I completelly cut off everything trans related
>posting on lgbt boards

>going to join the military
sounds great hun! see you when you get out!
>>
>>5703872
don't worry, I don't plan on getting out.
Vacations fuck my shit up, that's why I'm here.
>>
>>5701754
not ever. If this is true, transsexuals lack a certain type of neurons. Neurons can't be generated that easily and then be transplanted somewhere..
>>
>>5710254
>Neurons can't be generated that easily and then be transplanted somewhere..
Yet.
>>
>>5703998
Going to the military expecting to die will probably leave you dissapointed and miserable and take many years of your life in a far away land that you hate being in.
>>
>>5689009
Depending on if you have dyphoria during puberty. If it stays after puberty your fucked.
>>
>>5701754
cisfag here - gay male, trying to understand.

So this is the first time I've seen this picture. I have heard that the brains of trans men more closely resembled the brains of women, but I've never seen it exemplified like that.

Is this for real? Like, it seems to me that this is extremely powerful evidence that being trans is a deeply physiological, unchangeable occurrence. If this is true, why isn't the general public being made aware of this? Can't evidence like this pretty much shut down the debate that being trans is a "mental illness" that can be cured through therapy? How definitive is this research? Why don't more people know about it?
>>
>>5701754
>neurosurgery when?
You'll have to change all the cells too. Something newly big in biology is "every cell has a sex". Literally many types of cells in men's and women's bodies act different. The differences can be subtle to profound. As an example some types of drugs are removed from the body much slower in women than in men. They found a drug that the standard approved dose, which all testing for was done on men, was killing many women. Turns out women clear it from the blood at a small fraction of the rate men do so deadly levels of it built up in them using standard doses. They have also found many other differences between the sexes.
>>
>>5712331
Your brain not developing 'correctly' is classified by some as an illness and not by others. This changes nothing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.