[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice about genderfluidity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (198KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198KB, 720x960px
Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this. Was a toss up between this and advice board. Anyway

I'm a cis-bi guy. My SO is also bi and has recently came out to me as genderfluid. I've known him for five years. We've been seeing each other for 9 months. I accept the idea of genderfluidity, but this sudden change has really thrown me for a loop. I feel bad about wanting to keep him the way he is. I've just not had time to adjust to it I guess. I'm still not sure this will even last.

So my question is, is it normal for someone in my position to feel the way I do? Also general advice appreciated.
>>
>>5688944
Yes, it's normal. You're feeling this way, because as you know, the purpose of dating men is to get fucked. Inevitably, you'll have to do some of the fucking to make it a fair partnership. However, one partner transition to a more feminine role is likely to bring with it the expectation of less topping. When they do top, it's less appealing because they now lack the characteristic power, and are instead (essentially) a sissy.
>>
>SO
Stop using that fucking term. They are either your boyfriend or girlfriend.
>genderfluid
This is not a real thing. There is no reason to accept someone elses delusions. Dump that retarded queer.
>>
>>5688952
This feels somewhat right. The sexual aspect is important, but it's more him(?) than it is me.
>>
>>5688971
What is more him than you?
>>
>>5688958
>SO
Just easier
>genderfluid doesn't exist
I wish
>>
>>5688976
The sexual aspect of our relationship. He's usually the one to start stuff.
>>
>>5688978
Why is this so fucking hard for you to grasp? Genderfluidity isn't a real thing. It's literally something invented like a year ago on some mental patient's tumblr.
>>
>>5688985
>tfw your gender fluid comes out
>>
>>5688985
At this moment, it is real. Real in the sense that people really believe it. Ideas become reality.
>>
>>5688944
And on a note that doesn't reduce everything to sex...

Yes, it's normal to be confused and worried when a partner undergoes any major changes. Change is scary, especially if you really liked how things were, or don't have a clear idea of how things will be.

A good standby is to just keep being awesome. Find out what your SO wants/needs. Try to share in your partner's enthusiasm, if you can. And (if that's something you can do) keep giving your love and support. It can mean the world to someone undergoing a major change.
>>
>>5688993
I am species fluid, I might wake up tomorrow as a cat or a human. Just like this girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeBunPiIzo
>>
>>5688999
I told him I couldn't promise I'd come around to the idea. But I did promise I'd try. I do love him. I don't want this to end, but if he's set in this way and I can't accept it, I'm not sure I have other options. I'll always be his best friend at the least.
>>
>>5688992
Ayy
>>
>>5689018
You sound like you're doing pretty good to me. You've got my hope that this works out well for both of you. With luck, you'll enjoy the new sides your partner wishes to show as much as you have the ones you've seen already.
>>
>>5688993
Kill yourself. Retarded delusional faggot.
>>
>>5689041
Thank you. Thank you.

I am trying for him. At first I was kinda just in shock, then confused, then... Whatever this is.
>>
>>5689050
I'll mull it over.
>>
>>5689080
Nervous, or perhaps just unsure. Many assumptions you had about your partner, and the relationship you share, that used to be clear and even safe, are now hazy and indistinct. It's making it hard to get your bearings and keep your footing. Things will clear up, I'm sure.
>>
>>5688944
>I feel bad about wanting to keep him the way he is.
But he isn't gonna change. Genderfluid means you don't do shit, but want to feel oppressed, or you don't dare to come out fully as what you are.

He might come out as mtf later on though.
>>
>>5689107
You've been a real help. I appreciate what you've said. Hope the rest of your day goes well.
>>
>>5689152
Thank you for the warm wishes, as well. I suppose that's my cue to get about it in earnest.
>>
>>5689120
i hope not. I don't know if I could keep up this relationship if what you described happens. Unless, I myself, undergo major mental changes.
>>
>>5689007
By that reasoning, the existence of transgender people proves that trans-species is a real thing.
>>
>>5688993
>Real in the sense that people really believe it
People really believe that the Jews control the US.
People really believe that there are four armed blue people who drive flying gazebos.
People really believe that dinosaur bones were buried by a red guy with horns in order to trick them.
People believe ridiculous things
>>
>>5689177
It is a real thing, because ideas become reality.
>>
>>5689178
I know. I didn't say I believe it. But he does. Just because he thinks differently is no reason to ostracize.
>>
>>5689181
Well memed
>>
>>5689182
>Just because he thinks differently is no reason to ostracize.
It is because ignorance spreads. Because of a lack of telling people like this off and a culture that promotes the denial of reality if it conflicts with personal beliefs I live in a country where there are people who think evolution is a hoax and that global warming is a myth created by China in order to weaken our economy. There are still tons of people living in first world countries that actually believe the world is flat or hollow because "we have to respect their beliefs"
>>
>>5689177
Check'd
Transgender is... Something. I'm not sure where I stand on it. Weirds me out. Transpecies? Impossible.
>>
>>5689215
You're right. We need a master race that all think alike.
>>
>>5689237
Where in my post could have possibly thought I was suggesting that?
>>
>>5689227
Transspecies is possible. Its usually caused by a genetic defect during birth.
>>
>>5689227
>Transpecies? Impossible.
see >>5689181
As long as people believe something's true who are we to deny it?
>>
>>5689596
this^ i too believe that things like speciesfluid cross the line, but i also dont claim to know all there is to know about everything ever... if someone feels genderfluid who am i to intervene in/judge/belittle his/her life? Has anyone here taken a step back to consider we might be ignorant on many things?
>>
>>5688944
> bi and genderfluid

typical.

I agree that both are a spectrum, but I find it ridiculous to actually identify as anything if you choose both. Honestly. It's like calling the atlantic ocean the same as the pacific, just because they're technically the same body of water. Good grief. And on top of that, you make gays and trannies look bad by just suddenly being a normalfag whenever it's convenient.

Who the fuck cares, get over yourself.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.