[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people hate gay pride parades? i honestly don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

File: 1251735961_madagascar.gif (2MB, 361x337px) Image search: [Google]
1251735961_madagascar.gif
2MB, 361x337px
why do people hate gay pride parades? i honestly don't know why so can someone explain?!
>>
>>5678887
It was 1969. Kate invited me to join her for a gathering at the home of her friend, Lila Karp. They called the assemblage a "consciousness-raising-group," a typical communist exercise, something practiced in Maoist China. We gathered at a large table as the chairperson opened the meeting with a back-and-forth recitation, like a Litany, a type of prayer done in Catholic Church. But now it was Marxism, the Church of the Left, mimicking religious practice:

"Why are we here today?" she asked.
"To make revolution," they answered.
"What kind of revolution?" she replied.
"The Cultural Revolution," they chanted.
“And how do we make Cultural Revolution?" she demanded.
"By destroying the American family!" they answered.
"How do we destroy the family?" she came back.
"By destroying the American Patriarch," they cried exuberantly.
"And how do we destroy the American Patriarch?” she replied.
"By taking away his power!"
"How do we do that?"
"By destroying monogamy!" they shouted.
"How can we destroy monogamy?"

Their answer left me dumbstruck, breathless, disbelieving my ears. Was I on planet earth? Who were these people?

"By promoting promiscuity, eroticism, prostitution and homosexuality!" they resounded.

This is a transcript taken from Kate Millett, a radical feminist from the 2nd wave era.

In case you can't read behind the lines, pride events are literal social constructs used to divide the population and promote degeneracy.
>>
>>5678887
It's basically the same thing as a gay bar, but for exhibitionist fetishists.
>Parade around showing most of naked body like a degenerate
>Wait for other degenerate males to come to you
>Dance around and pretend that you care about anything other than sex
>Make LGBT look degenerate
>Return to each others houses and have anonymous sex
>Return home and fall asleep alone and emotionally dissatisfied
>Repeat until death by loneliness or AIDS

Some of us don't think that the most progressive way to act is by appearing like abnormal, promiscuous, sexually-driven degenerates. Maybe the key to society accepting us and then ignoring that we're even different is in acting like respectable members of the community, rather than in isolating ourselves and acting like emotionally incompetent degenerates who care about nothing more than sex, sexuality, and the body.
>tl;dr too degenerate and faggy for most
>>
>>5678887
I don't think people should celebrate pride for who they love unless they're just horny slutboys who wanna horn it up and/or seek attention for loving cock and being a deviant and being special and I don't condone that either.
>>
They're sex crazed degenerates. Those parades make gay people look, cheap, weak, and promiscuous. They should be banned.
>>
>>5678887
Never mind any of that degenerate shit. What it really comes down to is that it is simply stupid and obnoxious. One should not feel proud about one's sexuality, just as one should not be ashamed of it. You did nothing to earn it. There's nothing to be proud of.

Not only that but if the way you celebrate your pride is by going around in public and sucking on cock lollipops while wearing chaps, you're not actually proud. You're just a counter-culture faggot.

It also serves to delegitimise the lgbt movement and further drive this separation. "we're not shoving our sexuality down your throat," says the homosexual, straddling a giant clock, "we're just like you. Living our lives!"

Completely forgetting the fact that straight people don't do that.
>>
>>5678887
Because all I see at pride are massive, white sluts that you could almost smell the aids coming off of, and degenerate attention whoring faggots trying to outdo one another in who can be more outrageous and obnoxious
>>
File: 1384053935337.jpg (73KB, 466x423px) Image search: [Google]
1384053935337.jpg
73KB, 466x423px
>>5678887
>honestly don't know why so can someone explain?!

Well, for me I take a large societal picture into perspective when I look at pride parades.
>What is a parade, a festival? It's a celebration of a peoples culture and civilization, a time to recreate
>What does it say when we dedicate an entire festival, a massive parade to people just because they have aberrant sexual proclivities or gender identities?
>Are we saying this is something our culture is proud of, this is something our people is proud of? Poopdick, carpet munchers, and transfreaks?
>imagine if you were an alien species observing such an event, how would you feel?
>all these almost naked men (in some events, totally naked and doing sexual acts in public), fat dykes, and non-passing hons strutting down the sidewalk: BEHOLD, THE GLORY OF THE WEST!

When I view it in this perspective, it becomes totally absurd and pretty detestable. It almost seems like this intentionally destructive, orchestrated event to "get back" at a more conservative culture by those who felt oppressed by it.

I just want to be able to coexist, I don't want to shake my junk on the streets in front of onlookers and families with their children, I don't want to put my sexuality on display as I dance around in a thong as men clad in dildo suits cartwheel beside me, this is all incredibly, well... degenerate. I have an intuitively negative reaction to it all. It's just not right. I don't wish to degenerate the society which brought about my own rights, so that's why I'm against Pride parades.
>>
>>5678887
Because they make being LGBT seem to be some weird perverted degenerate thing and make us look bad to straight people?

Thats a pretty good reason.
>>
>>5678918
>In case you can't read behind the lines, pride events are literal social constructs used to divide the population and promote degeneracy.
Traditions should only be continued if they're shown to be relevant and beneficial, the fact that it's a tradition should not be enough to justify it's continued existence. If people are willing to abandon the tradition of family and patriarchy simply because of gay pride parades, it's clear that those traditions no longer have and legitimate reason to survive.
>>
>>5680457
>What are divide-and-conquer tactics and why have they worked since ancient Rome?

The first thing to divide is always opinion.
>>
>>5680523
Again, if the whole system is so threatened by exposure to new ideas, it deserves to be abandoned. A tradition is only a good one if people can be exposed to other ideas and still agree that what they've been doing all along is the best. Any tradition that can only survive by keeping the people ignorant is immoral.
>>
>>5680571
>A tradition is only a good one if people can be exposed to other ideas and still agree that what they've been doing all along is the best.

People do that, and then they get called homophobes, etc.

Cultural marxism isn't a meme you know.
>>
>>5680600
>People do that, and then they get called homophobes, etc.
So? If the survival of your tradition entails insulting gay people or denying them rights, you deserve to be called homophobic. Saying people can't call you homophobic is denying them the right to free speech. You just have to choose which you value more: keeping your traditions, or not being called homophobic. If your traditions are incompatible with gay rights, then, well, you just have to choose one or the other. And YOU may decide that your traditions are still good, but the gays disagree. But we live in a democracy, disagreement is expected, and compromise is arrived at through voting. It would be silly to keep a tradition that one or two people want but everyone else is against. Sure, if they want to keep following the tradition themselves, then good for them. But if following the tradition involves imposing things on others, then there's an issue.

>Cultural marxism isn't a meme you know.
It is, though.
>>
>>5680656
>It is, though.

No, it really isn't.

http://www.marylandthursdaymeeting.com/Archives/SpecialWebDocuments/Cultural.Marxism.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cultural+marxism
http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism
>>
>>5678887
because they fuck up traffic, fuck parades of any sort.
>>
>>5678887
Double standards, you don't hear all this commotion about the mardi gras. Same reason why people would complain about a guy wearing a dress but not about a woman wearing a suit.

>>5678918
>muh value
>muh norm
>muh western culture
Yeah I don't like social events either but /pol/lacks like you are retardedly paranoid.
>>
File: 1371302794253.png (376KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1371302794253.png
376KB, 900x702px
>>5678918
>pride events are literal social constructs
possibly the dumbest thing stated in human history
>>
You're here.
You're queer.
We are used to it by now.
Stop blocking traffic, assholes, I've got to get to work.
>>
>>5681729

You are so full of shit. Mardi Gras is widely mocked as a bunch of drunk niggers and sluts getting into trouble, which is exactly what the fuck it is.
>>
>>5681775
let me know when the politicians start saying mardi gras is a threat to the family, america, western civilization and so on and those who participate in it should have their human rights revoked

the reality is
>look at those silly drunk people having fun in the streets! Hope they don't cause too much trouble this year!
>look at those disgusting perverted agenda-pushing homosexuals shoving their degeneracy on MY family by existing. The gall they have.
>>
>>5681775
So why it is that conservacucks like you love to focus on the mardi gras that's only celebrated by the small percentage of the population? Oh yes that's right because you don't have the balls to target a group that's not as low as 1%.
>>
>>5681800

Typical histrionic bullshit from a butt-blasted queer.

Show me where the people who are so against gay rights, namely religious nut-jobs, aren't also strongly opposed to public drunkenness, public nudity, lewdness, and all the other horseshit that occurs at mardi gras.
>>
>>5681800

christians protest mardi gras in new orleans every year anon

maybe you should try knowing wtf you're talking about

source: myself, a resident of new orleans and mardi gras enthusiast
>>
File: 1372481493314.jpg (22KB, 499x430px) Image search: [Google]
1372481493314.jpg
22KB, 499x430px
>>5681831
>being against something
>actively campaigning against it
>>5681845
>what is scale
>>
>>5681831
Typical non argument from a cuckservative coward.

You stated that mardi gras was "widely mocked as a bunch of drunk niggers and sluts getting into trouble", prove it then.

It's also very funny that you think that what I quoted is equal to "destroying the american family, destroying the patriarchy, destroying monogamy, promiscuity, eroticism, prostitution, destruction of american values, destruction of the western culture...".

You're trying to turn homosexuality into a boogeyman because it's easier to attack a minority group than to actually try to fix the problems that the western civilization is facing. Like I said, you have no balls, but also no brain.
>>
It's a big loud social event that I wouldn't ever take part in and would never want to watch.

The obnoxious gay dick waving is just a part of a larger issue. Namely extroverted people liking the attention and a lot of other people not liking it.
>>
>>5678887
My friend doesn't like them because we went to Brighton pride and took poppers, had a great time. and then he found out that poppers relax your ass kek. His exact words were "fuck that. I wouldn't have even noticed it if I was bummed that day". God bless my slightly homophobic friend.
>>
>>5678887
>why do people hate gay pride parades?
Because it's reduced to a pitiful mass of breeders flaunting how accepting they are of subhuman outcasts by standing with them on a boat, too preoccupied to realise that all gay/trans people left years ago and that everyone on that boat is straight and it's awkward as fuck.
>>
>>5681057
>http://www.marylandthursdaymeeting.com/Archives/SpecialWebDocuments/Cultural.Marxism.htm
This is the only valid-looking source you've got, and even then it just seems to be someone describing their theory rather than actually really proving anything. The existence of the Frankfurt school, and the fact that multiculturalism and political correctness are prominent features of modern western culture, all that is true. But the idea that they're all interconnected is an assumption, "proven" only by ignoring all the other possibilities. It's the equivalent of hearing that a man was shot, and assuming your neighbor who owns a gun was responsible - yes, it fits the facts, but it ignores all the other possibilities (all the other people who own guns). In logic, the conclusion must not only be possible given the premises, it must follow from them.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School
The only mention this article makes of cultural marxism is as a conspiracy theory.

>http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cultural+marxism
Anyone can edit urban dictionary. It's far less of a credible source than Wikipedia or even reddit. And only the first definition describes it as a real thing, the second and third describe it as a meme (though they appear to have been heavily downvoted by triggered /pol/ users).

>http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism
Yes, I'm sure the neonazi wiki is an unbiased source on conspiracies to destroy the white race
>>
>>5678887
"You want to be seen as normal? Okay then, do a parade celebrating how insanely abnormal you are and how proud of that you feel!"
>>
>>5682788
The pride parade doesn't exist to assuage the fears, nor appease the preconceptions, of straight people.
>>
>>5682788

lol basically this. Op, you probably don't see the problem with gay parades because you've never been to one. Even as a gay guy, some of the shit that I've seen at the San Francisco (or Folsom) Parade is just reprehensible, and pretty much the reason why gays get a bad name.

Dressing in leather and exposing yourself to the general public and getting sucked off by random dudes in broad daylight isn't the best way to raise public awareness.

pic related.
>>
>>5682819
>Even as a gay guy
Eh, you're anonymous. I don't take you seriously.
>>
>>5682815
You're right, it exists to add oil to the flame.
>>
>>5678975
I remember as a kid seeing a parade like this and it freaked me out and gay people always made me uncomfortable
>>
I have no strong opinions on them. I agree fully with the cause and reasoning behind them but the ones I have been to seem to be more about people (fucking normies at that!) getting so drunk they can barely stand and just being loud obnoxious cunts. That's just in my experiences anyway. But that could just be the ones I've been to.
>>
>>5679107
>One should not feel proud about one's sexuality, just as one should not be ashamed of it. You did nothing to earn it. There's nothing to be proud of.
Wrong. They are proud because they have defied society's disapproval, and have come out and are expressing their sexuality.
>>
>>5682815
correct, it exists to say to the closeted, "You're not alone, we're here, come join us." and to say to the straights. We are your neighbors. We are your coworkers. We are your police officers. We are your fire fighters. We are your bankers. Etc...
>>
It's obnoxious, but if you let it bother you than you are a fucking idiot. People can do whatever the hell they want. It's up to you to choose how you feel. Just focus on yourself senpai.
>>
>>5678887
I think it's good to be proud of your sexuality in the sense of not being ashamed of it. You know, not seeing it as something you should hide and keep as a secret.

I guess that's why pride parades have that obnoxious feeling: to be on the opposite end 'shame' in the spectrum, and try to accomplish something that maybe a more subtle approach wouldn't be able to. After all, they are a means of getting people's attention, and the louder you are, the more attention you get.

However, I don't like the turn gay parades have taken in the recent years. I have never heard anyone young say that they want to march because they want to get out of the shadows, express themselves, and help non straight people with their struggle while they're at it. No. Everybody sees it as a party now, as an excuse to wear few clothes in public and maybe get lucky with someone. Not to mention that people's reaction to them is always 'ew, disgusting faggots.'

Now, I know not everyone who goes to these parades is like this, but let's be real, the more obnoxious ones are who get the spotlight, and when straights see the parade on tv, that's what they see.

All in all, I understand the nature of pride parades and I know they've helped with the fight for rights in the past, but I don't like the turn they've taken now, and that's why I don't participate.
>>
>>5678887
They make all of LGBT look bad and give a reason for conservashits to hate us
>>
>>5682757
Wikipedia deleted the cultural marxism page, and it's super easy to flood Wikipedia into spreading disinfo, something everyone should have learned after the editing wars during GG.
>>
>>5686428
by dancing in a pink feather boa, whilst wearing a crop top with the words "FAG" on it while on a giant phallic shaped float, thank you pride
>>
>>5678887
i don't get it either. it's the perfect place to find hookups, and i get to pozz up like 5 neg bps each time. shit's cash
>>
>>5681849

Well, at my pride event we get a handful of christian protesters every year. Probably on par with the protests that occur in New Orleans every year on Mardi Gras.

Maybe I'm just being too logical for you, but I'd be more concerned about the people who actually show up to protest than the talking head on the TV I'll never see in person in my entire life.
>>
File: uprightbibleformoms.jpg (75KB, 500x624px) Image search: [Google]
uprightbibleformoms.jpg
75KB, 500x624px
I like this thread. Can we keep talking about this?
>>
>>5680457
>relevant and beneficial
Nuclear families almost always are.
>>
>>5693842
while I do agree that they are benefical most of the times, those starting failing before gay acceptance, with divorce and shit
>>
>>5693868
no fault divorces really opened the floodgates. that, and sex and the city.
>>
>>5693518
>Wikipedia deleted the cultural marxism page, and it's super easy to flood Wikipedia into spreading disinfo, something everyone should have learned after the editing wars during GG.
Sure, but at BEST that means wikipedia isn't a credible source one way or the other. If you say the stuff calling cultural marxism a conspiracy theory doesn't count because Wikipedia is so easily edited, you also have to accept that for the same reason, if you used a Wikipedia article that DID acknowledge cultural marxism as a real thing, it would be equally non-credible. And I wouldn't call the consensus of the vast majority of professionals "disinfo". It's not anyone trying to suppress information or anything like that, it's just Wikipedia policy to not treat obscure conspiracy theories like objective fact. Which is hardly surprising for something intended to be a general purpose encyclopedia.
>>
Have any of you faggots actually ever been to a pride event? They're mostly just gatherings of fairly normal people, expensive drinks from street stalls and shit music. Neither as good nor evil as your warped imaginings. You get the odd freak trying to start shit who is then quickly lead away by the hundreds of security staff they employ for the event. The "parade" is mostly just floats of boring "activists" consisting of holier than thou gays and lesbians and the odd tranny. At least that's how it is here, maybe your societies are whats influencing your pride events to be a celebration of degeneracy.
>>
I hate parades in general
>>
Parades suck. They fuck up traffic and they bring with them fucked up people. Some of us actually have to go drive to work for a living.
>>
Why can't there be morally uprightous gays like me?
>>
The intention behind them is great and those that are actually there to support the cause, I respect. The rest of the fucktards there however, the ones that go to get drunk, be loud and unpleasant and fornicate with total strangers, they can fuck right off.
>>
I have no pride
>>
>>5678887
Should being straight be celebrated? No?
/thread
>>
>>5693590
Every pride parade I've seen has had organized groups of LGBT police, firefighters, Christians, Jews, bikers, health care workers, city employees, state employees, veterans, Masons, etc.. It shows that LGBT persons are everywhere in society.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.