[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>seeing gender therapist for 3 months now >"the people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (133KB, 400x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 400x519px
>seeing gender therapist for 3 months now
>"the people I usually talk about gender issues with as in depth as we are dress differently than you/talk differently/have longer hair/act differently. I don't know if I can say you should consider transition."
>no parents to pay rent/car/anything except my phone
>can't dress act and talk how I want, simply isn't practical for work
>"that is a very masculine thought process."
>what being practical?
>"it's just that for a lot of people who transition those things don't matter to them, they just need to be themselves and nothing can stop them, not even being broke and homeless."
>well excuse me for having priorities
>"I really don't think transition is right for you."
>because I have enough self respect to live within the bounds of reason and have been working hard so I can one day transition and won't need to live off of social security because I'm a NEET?
>"I'm just saying this doesn't seem important to you, you could have grown out your hair at the very least."
>you've never worked in the corporate service industry that doesn't allow cis males to have long hair, dress themselves for work, or wear makeup have you?
>"I'm just saying if you really wanted this you would find a way around it to look how you want."
>>
>>5675517
>logical thought processes
You're a man. Don't you know women, especially trannies, are totally irrational?
>>
>stop pitching my voice down because I feel ashamed of having a naturally high voice
>engage female mannerisms
>so I should act and talk more like this right?
>"oh my god I am so sorry it's just you haven't shown me any of this so far."
>yea I feel really weird about looking like a guy and talking and acting like a girl
>"well this changes everything. Your voice sounds really natural you don't seem to be straining, and your mannerisms are spot on."
>well it's like I've been saying for the past 3 months now, this is important to me.
>"ok, let me refer you to this endo so we can get this figured out."
>ffs
>>
>>5675517
Why are you there if you just want your hormones or confirmation you're trans?
>>
>>5675543
Probably needs a referral from this therapist in order to start hormones.
>>
>>5675550
Why wouldn't you just do informed consent, or self med for a few months to force a doctor to give a script?
>>
"gender therapy" is bullshit
>>
>>5675543
I don't want to self med. If I can't stand to live as a cis male I certainly don't want to die as one.
>>
>>5675561
>Hurr durr self med is dangerous
Now it makes sense. Your therapist probably needs to tread very lightly with the mentally challenged.
>>
>>5675574
If I had the knowledge to synthesize my own I would immediately but ordering skittles from China off some shady site that also sells research chemicals which are known for their dangerous additives and inconsistent dosages sounds silly. Play stupid games get stupid prizes. If you see no danger in rewiring your hormones AKA how your body tells itself to continue to do the things that keep you alive I feel bad for you. Maybe you just don't care.
>>
>>5675597
they think testosterone is poison
>>
>>5675561
You sound male as fuck. Don't transition pls. You only gonna hurt yourself.
>>
>>5675517
Why the fuck are you still seeing this person? Find someone else.
>>
>>5675597
>rewiring your hormones is dangerous
>I would take hormones I synthesized in my bathtub
>>
File: Haste-The-Day-Coward-300x300.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Haste-The-Day-Coward-300x300.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>5675561
>>5675597

How many trannies have died from self-medding? How many in the past 5 and 10 years? How many on /lgbt/? Before you misunderstand, this isn't an "Everyone else is doing it" argument, it's a "Where's the evidence?" argument.

baka, kouhai. Kill yourself.

>>5675574

I'm in complete agreement.
>>
>>5675635
No in a lab I mean, like if I had no less than a masters in chemistry. A bathtub is probably what half of the sites you guys order from source their blockers and hormones from.
>>
>>5675613
What does sounding male matter when he has a fetish? A fetish which defiles all personality traits.
>>
>>5675646
You're like old people who fear ordering off Amazon
>>
>>5675561
switch a therapist, this one sounds retarded as stuck up as far as gender stereotypes go
>>
>>5675517
This therapist sounds smart.

>>5675535
This therapist sounds like an idiot.
>>
>>5675651
It just seems like an uneccesary risk. Don't think I didn't consider it enough to order them, and don't think I wasn't excited when they got to my house, just understand that popping it out of the blister and putting it in your mouth is a small step compared to swallowing something that you have no idea what it has in it because it was derived from an unverified source.
>>
File: tumblr_nqq47lO3ZC1s3qr5xo1_400.png (290KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqq47lO3ZC1s3qr5xo1_400.png
290KB, 400x400px
>>5675717
>He doesn't do drugs.
>>
>>5675747
Just smoke weed. No pills or anything else ever. I've been getting weed from the same guy since middle school so I trust him and I never buy from new people or smoke random blunts passed around at concerts.
>>
>>5675717

I'm going to assume that you are going to and are old enough to go to a therapist on your own. Given that, you're also old enough to realize your lifelong fear has made you cuck yourself out of all the real effects of transition. You can only get those starting out young, after all. So, knowing that, you decide to let fear dominate you even longer?
>>
Op you do know you can buy self med hormones specifically made by western companies and sinply resold online. Most injections come from australia actually.

You only think it's dangerous because you havn't actually researched your options. Are you sire you want to be a girl? You're not even trying.

Plus there's no reason not to just do informed consent.
>>
Can't you just find a new therapist?
>>
>>5675517
You have your priorities, and those priorities don't permit you to be a woman right now. So your therapist is right, this isn't the time yet.

You could change things, you could sacrifice your job and search for another, but you don't. Having a stable future is more important to you than being what you are.
>>
>>5675517
Stop scaring me.

Although switching jobs and starting from square one feels wonderful. Acting however the fuck you want. No one knows how high or deep your voice is, no one knows your mannerisms, how tight you like your pants, no one nows how you wear your hair or how fast your body hair grows or how you carry yourself.

I'm kind of a quiet fuck, but I'm outgoing enough when teaching others or talking to customers and staying late and covering shifts I think everyone sees past that. They probably all think I'm gay and talk shit about me like everyone else, but I don't give a fuck because they also respect me. It's fucking freedom, OP.
>>
>>5675517
Your therapist is a shithead, OP. Obviously everyone's particular case is unique, and your therapist is too narrow-minded to see that. Plus, gender stereotypes shouldn't be used to determine whether you're trans or not, because that's fucking ridiculous. There are tons of more masculine women, trans or not, and you don't have to wear pink fucking tutus and run around with purple hair and dragon dildos to be trutrans.

It makes me so fucking angry when hack psychs end up hurting people, and I see it all the time. Get a new therapist.
>>
>>5678455
>wow op your nails aren't even painted
>you're not even wearing a dress either
>you're not trans gtfo cis scum
>>
>>5675517
I feel the same way when i chat with somr mtfs. They think just because im not willing to throw all my life to the trashcan, they get mad at me.like seriously, i rather live with dysphoria and have a place to live, food, family and friends, rather than wear a dress and have nothing.
>>
>>5675517
Honestly why are you even wasting money on a therapist unless you want your letter for hormones? Ditch the dumb bitch until you save up enough money for some new female cloths, and enough to start hrt and then go back and ask or your letter. Continuous therapy is a waste of money for most trans people who don't have any other mental health issues, especially since we're way poorer than the average population.
>>
>>5678526
It's free at a youth center. I could afford a legit one but I thought I would try my luck. I'm really annoyed because I fear he won't help me unless I break down and cry/ threaten suicide. He acknowledges that at the very least I am not male, but because I don't wear specifically female clothes I am not ideal for transition. If I didn't have to wait for a half hour in his lobby with cis people who would only laugh I might dress more femme when I see him but he's always late and I couldn't imagine sitting in his lobby with them. Most of the people at the youth center are ghetto and openly mock the trans that come through by sarcastically complimenting their outfits and saying shit like 'gurrrl u lookin fierce'
and breaking out in laughter. The woman charged with keeping the lobby a safe space just calmly asks them to stop but by then it's too late and the target of their mocking is already hurt. Then they just go back to talking shit to themselves until someone else they want to laugh at walks by.

Fml
>>
File: 1435582944578.jpg (19KB, 335x250px) Image search: [Google]
1435582944578.jpg
19KB, 335x250px
>>5675517
>"I'm just saying if you really wanted this you would find a way around it to look how you want."

She's right you know.
>>
>>5678744
And you're not wrong at all. While OP's therapist is being a dick, OP should be trying to make babysteps to see how comfortable he is with them. Whether it's shaving his body or moving to more androgynous clothing.
>>
>>5678985
I think OP's therapist is being real. If it seems that he is going to lose more than he gains from transitioning into the opposite gender he should avoid doing so.
>>
>>5679015
>>5678985
>>5678744
Its not like I'm not doing anything though. I have a pixie undercut with spiked sideburns, take amazing care of my hair skin and scalp, pluck my eye brows, shave at least once per day and wear minimal concealer to cover my beard shadow.

I always smell like fruit (pomegranate body wash + papaya face wash + mint conditioner + lavender laundry soap + keratin shine shampoo with eucalyptus + citrus lotion) and always get remarks about how I smell really good from new people.

I take biotin gummies daily and regularly get skin treatments at the spa when I go to get waxed. I even brush my tongue and dead skin off of my lips which makes them really full and rosy. My eye lashes have always been long even as a kid.

I am doing just about everything I can to look femme without looking uncanny. I wear skinny jeans and pastel colors all day and match all of my outfits. I just don't have long hair, I'm not an emotional wreck and it takes a long time for me to talk to someone with my actual voice which is naturally high as opposed to pitching it down.

imagine this cut but with dark, almost black hair and olive skin.
>>
>>5679132
I also spend about 10 to 15 hours a week working out specifically to have a butt and thighs
>>
>>5675574
It kinda is dangerous... If you're an idiot.

A lot of people are idiots.
>>
>>5679283
Ya and if you're a paranoid person to begin with, it would be a lot more satisfying to get them through legit means, even if the risk of DIY is small.
>>
How can you be so sure of yourself that you need to transition ? How can you know that it's not "just a fad" ?

I'm not a therapist, but I think if he says that, it is maybe because he's thinking that you do not need transition. (You should obviously try with an other one, though)
>>
>>5679283
>>5679293
I just don't want to do it wrong and end up with cone tits, excessive stretch marks, and liver damage. The blocker I want is bicalutamide and I only want 2mg estrogen sublingual or patch. Spiro and Cypro are really hard on your body so fuck both of them.

>>5679319
I've taken the steps mentioned to look more femme all of my life, I never knew I had options until the last few years though concerning transition outside of surgery which I vehemently oppose.
>>
OP if u live in the US and dont live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere go to google and start searching to see if there is an informed consent gender clinic near you. you wont even need a letter from a therapist to start hrt. they will just go over what the hormones will do and make sure u understand any risks, take some blood labs and give you a script for hormones.

as far as your job. talk to you're HR department tell them that you are going to be transitioning and at some point when you are comfortable you will begin presenting as female.

and your therapist sounds like a dumb bitch. if you still want to have a therapist whilst transitioning, id suggest finding someone else.

good luck op
>>
>>5679394
How is bicalutamide any different?
>>
I get you Op. Therapist probs would have said similar things to me. I was 1 year when I cut my hair and put on a suit and acted like a bro to do interviews for the field I wanted to enter. Set me back a lot. But now I'm in and able to transition on my terms with my future secured .
>>
>>5675557
This.
>>
>>5679230
>10 to 15 hours a week
2 hrs every day?
post butt!
>>
>>5679530
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicalutamide
>does not cause sterility
>recognized as one of the safest and most potent anti androgens available
>50mg once a day
>inhibits breast and prostate cancer
>on its own is capable of feminizing without any additional hormones as it doesn't block production merely the absorption.
>>
>>5679632
No.
But I run 6 miles with high knees and do 100 squats every mile. I also do a 30 min ground workout targeting abs thighs calfs and glutes. Use your imagination.
>>
>>5679751
I imagine you are pretty ripped
>>
>>5679838
',:)
>>
>>5679751

Not even in full-length pants? Isn't the high-knee shit uncomfortable/awkward? And you do all of that every day? How did you start out? I might want to try this.
>>
>>5679954
I mean I raise my knees as high as I can when I run. I just run at a park and do 2 laps around a 3.2 mile trail. I walk for 10s, jog for 10s, sprint for 10s, repeat. For squats I go half down, up, all the way down, halfway up, all the way down, all the way up. That is one rep. You might start with 3 miles and 25 squats every mile though so you don't die. I built up to this over the course of the last few years. On avg I burn 1000-1400 calories with my workout. More if I wear a 50# weight vest. I eat mostly chicken and lettuce spinach tortilla wraps with black bean tomato and corn salsa, coming in at ~150-200 cals each with about 20-30g protein for nice toned muscles. I'll have 5 of those for lunch, 5 for dinner. Snacking is confined to either oranges and cuties before 3pm and roasted garlic broccoli and mushrooms after 5pm. No snacking inbetween 3 and 5 when I workout.

Ground workout is 5 1 min planks, 5 1 min of mountain climbers, 5 1 minute of burpees, 5 1 minute of mule kicks left, 5 1 minute of mile kicks right, then I do normal squats for 5 minutes and then sprint to kick off my run changing exercises in that order after every minute. I do that for both warm up and cool down.
>>
Oh and 6 eggs drenched in sriracha and eel sauce for breakfast wrapped in seaweed cooked over easy.
>>
>>5679132
Let me guess, you like to be feminine and you would like to be a girl, but you dont want to ruin your life being a tranny. Am i right?
If so, we are on the same train
>>
>>5675561
you sure are a pussy
>>
>>5679673
This is false.
Bicalutamide isn't used for HRT because it causes a lot of side effects that are worse than pissing a lot and having to quit bananas. Additionally, a lack of any clinical data on its use as an HRT drug prevents a means of accurately determining it's effectiveness for HRT.

Also, some of the nastier side effects that's pretty common according to Standford's medical database are diarrhea, constipation, stomatitis, nausea, fatigue, anorexia, joint-pain, head-ache, and rashes. And these are all +5% chance reactions, so you'd likely get more than a few of them.

Just stick with something that's been studied, like spiro or cypro. There is a reason why those two are the most used drugs. Also, steroidal AAs are recommended because they also serve as a progesterone.
>>
>>5680176
Same. I realized that no matter how well I passed, my life would always be a hell of a lot shittier if I went full-out tranny. Not gonna happen.
>>
>>5679132
>I have a pixie undercut with spiked sideburns

disgusting
>>
>>5680290
Source? I don't discredit your statement I would just like to know more.
>>
>>5680290
Common Side Effects of Spironolactone

Vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain or cramps
Dry mouth and thirst
Dizziness, unsteadiness, and headache
Gynecomastia (enlarged breast tissue) in men, and breast pain in women
Irregular menstrual periods and post-menopausal vaginal bleeding
Erectile dysfunction
Deepening of the voice and increased hair growth
Drowsiness, tiredness, and restlessness

Severe Side Effects of Spironolactone

Muscle pain or weakness
Numbness or tingling
Paralysis in the arms or legs
Arrhythmia
Confusion, extreme tiredness, and fainting
Unusual bleeding or bruising
Life-threatening skin reactions
Flu-like symptoms, pain in the upper right abdomen, loss of appetite, vomiting blood, or bloody stools
Difficulty breathing or swallowing
Decreased urination

CYPROTERONE ACETATE SIDE EFFECTS

Very common (affects more than one in ten people):

Inability to get an erection
Lower sex drive
Lower sperm count
Less liquid released upon ejaculation

Uncommon (affects up to 1 in 100 people):

Rash

Rare (affects up to 1 in every 1000 people):

Benign (non-malignant) liver tumours
Tender lumps in the breasts
Release of milky fluid from the nipples

Very rare (affects less than 1 in 10,000 people):

Weakening of the bones (osteoporosis)
Liver cancer (malignant liver tumours)

Other effects that have been reported:

Dry skin
Improvement in acne
Sweating
Hot flushes
Shortness of breath
Liver problems (severe and even fatal liver problems have been reported in patients on high-dose treatment). It may be necessary to have your liver tested regularly to monitor this and stop taking medication
Temporary loss of body hair
Reduction in hair growth on the body
Increased growth of hair on the head
Stroke
Heart attack
Raised blood pressure
Swelling of the ankles
Thrombosis (a blood clot)
>>
>>5675517
I want an aggressive therapist like this. Maybe not one so unreasonable, but still assertive. Both of mine have been completely passive. It's come to the point where they're simply listening while I throw them money for the service.
>>
>>5680404
>Deepening of the voice and increased hair growth

WHAT

i've been on this shit for a year
>>
>>5680931
they are side effects...they can occur if you are on the drug, and they also might not occur...
>>
>>5680921
thats kind of what they do though.... some people just need to vent about shit. Some are predatory esp with the trans community and will recommend HRT bc they know it will fuck them up and make them keep coming back for fear of judgement from another therapist. most are good hearted or atleast well meaning though.
>>
>>5680291
Wow, Im glad to know Im not alone, I have always feel less trans because of it.
When I was younger I really wanted to transition while I was at college, but now I know its too late and there is no way I could get a job, and my life would turn a hell.
>>
>>5675517
Just for this bitch fit and passive-aggressive throw around show, i would have given you all the mones in the world.

A male would have just found another rapist.
>>
>>5678744
>seeing a doctor to get fixed
>doctor says "if you really wanted fixed, you'd see a doctor or something"
>morgan freeman doesn't approve
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mwud3niAwB1s7gy7y.jpg (95KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mwud3niAwB1s7gy7y.jpg
95KB, 480x640px
>>5680921
>>5679015
>>5675681
That's exactly the system all the middle aged hons champion though.

That people should hold off on taking meds till they're fully developed old men. The exact system that leads to a bunch of creepy fifty year old men in tutus like stephoknee barging into women's spaces and creeping out on little girls.

You'd rather a crucible for manufacturing sex predator hons than liberties and nondeluded cute boys on moans.

Granted op is an idiot if he'd rather play by that system than go informed consent.
>>
File: 1445200959798.gif (4MB, 843x478px) Image search: [Google]
1445200959798.gif
4MB, 843x478px
>>5681367
I really thinks he want me to show him my part time look without mones before he gives me the referral. Which I would if not for the waiting room from hell with ghetto hellions and if I wouldn't totally get fired for showing up with makeup on. I already get shit about putting product in my hair, and not because its globbed in there and makes it stand up or anything stupid like that. Totally conservative style with a matte wax and still got warned about it.
his words specifically: "this is a family place."

My boss doesn't think men should use hair products of any kind, or lotion and probably doesn't believe in wiping your ass either. We should all have 3 in one body wash shampoo and conditioner and shave with our boyscout issue pocket knives according to him. He hates every haircut I get more than the last and tbqh famm I'm waiting for him to call me a faggot for it.
>>
>>5681383
I don't think that's what that therapist meant

What I feel like the therapist was trying to communicate is that, if OP doesn't do informed consent, doesn't grow hair, doesn't crossdress, in fact, doesn't do anything to change gender other then attending a therapy, then perhaps the entire trans thing isn't for them
>>
>>5681405
I really think you're just making bullshit up for Jesus, and I was just taking the opportunity to make a joke about how stupid straight people are.

Hormones alone, with no surgery whatsoever and no change in how someone presents or their pronouns, lessens their dysphoria in 90% of cases to a level about even with those that go ahead and get every surgery, name change, birth certificate, license to be trans, and whatever. Only the most severe cases need all of those little extras. Any straight doctor that gave a shit about honesty would know this. Yet most of your straight doctors sound like the OP post because they believe in the bible and they're dog shit.
>>
>>5681433
But then the therapy self admittedly is just a waste of money and people would be far better off with the actual doctors from IC,
>>
>>5681442
most therapies are waste of money

the first thing a therapist tells you is that "I cannot give you answers, but I can help you figure out things on your own"

personally, I prefer assertive therapists who challenge your views, as they help you crystallize your case and serve as a voice of reason-and a mirror to see yourself in

the passive therapists are the worst
>>
>>5681441
Not really, he gave me shit for using hair product and said he gets by with old spice 2n1 body wash and shampoo. Didnt say anything about hsaving with a boyscout knife but he is for all purposes your embarrassing to be affiliated with straight person yes.

>true story
He did see a gay couple in the dining room once and told me to keep an eye on them so they don't start showing affection and if they did to kick them out because "this is a family place"
>>
>>5681454
Then just ignore them altogether, I'm amazed insurance still pays pseudo professionals who couldn't hack any of the medical training to tend to others.
>>
>>5681466
but you must understand that a therapist-or a psychologist-is not a medical professional. and no one says they are
>>
>>5681465
I hate when people smell. I'd be annoyed with you too. Not because you're gay, trans, whatever. But because you smell.
Try using non-smelling products for the sake of everyone.
>>
>>5681471
You seem to be losing your mind. Was my pointing out your lies that harmful to your memes?
>>
>>5681471
its matte wax it hardly smells like anything at all. That isn't the problem I assure you, if anyone comments on the way I smell it is because I smell like I actually clean myself on a regular basis.

The only product I have that 'smells' is redken12 and even that is fairly tame compared to literally any hairspray.
>>
>>5681477
>I always smell like fruit (pomegranate body wash + papaya face wash + mint conditioner + lavender laundry soap + keratin shine shampoo with eucalyptus + citrus lotion)

dear god I'd puke
>>
>>5681468
Then why should they have any input over anyone's medical regimens?
>>
>>5681479
But..why use hair styling products at all? Very few people do it and it makes you stand out, more so then having fairly long unstyled hair.

And why do you care about hairstyle so much anyway? You're not on hrt. You have manface, manbody, and with every day testosterone is destroying you more. Surely you have more important things to pay attention to then hairstyle?

What's the point of styling your hair if you're balding?
>>
>>5681482
it really isn't that strong. The only scented product I have that is 'strong' is the citrus lotion, but I put it on at home and by time I am anywhere it has long soaked into my skin.

>>5681477
you realize
>>5681471
isnt me right?
>>
>>5681484
because that's how it is

it's not how it "should" be. it's how it is. deal with it

Psychs and therapists study psychology at uni or similar institution. That's a humanistic science.

Psychiatrists study psychiatry or neurology at medical school. That's a branch of medicine. Because they study something like that, however, that have little ability to interact or connect with patient like those with humanistic background are schooled to do, and they don't need to, since their job is literally scanning brains and selling drugs.

seriously, are you 12?
>>
>>5681495
>Very few people do it
lies
>And why do you care about hairstyle so much anyway?
....because it matters? I don't want to look like a fucking frump.

>you're balding
Fuck off not for another 20-30+ years at the very least assuming I never take HRT.
>>
>>5681513

You're sure about the corners of your hairline or how high up it is?
>>
>>5681576
-_- my hairline is fine
>>
>>5681750

How old are you?
>>
Hello OP. I'm a trainee psychotherapist.

If your therapist said things to you like "the people I usually talk about gender issues with as in depth as we are dress differently than you/talk differently/have longer hair/act differently. I don't know if I can say you should consider transition." and "that is a very masculine thought process." please consider seeing another therapist.

You don't need to dress/have your hair/act/think a certain way to fit your therapist's idea of what it means to be transgendered.

Your therapist job should be to provide you a space that's secure, contained and nonjudgemental enough that you can freely explore and hopefully come to terms with what you actually feel and who you are. Your therapist is being far too opinionated.

It makes my heart sink to read stuff like this. Please consider seeing another therapist.
>>
>>5675517
Op get a new therapist, and spam all over the clinic's site that the cunt is useless.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 284x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 284x253px
>>5682050
Well I think there should at least be some basis of femininity exhibited. Even if repressed by red state values most any trans woman will offer some semblance of femme behavior if given a safe space and they understand what that means. It keeps people who are unstable from hurting themselves on a mania streak wanting to be pretty.

For him it seems dressing femme enough and taking care of yourself well enough to be called faggot atleast 5x a month in public isn't proof. Probably afraid of being sued, thanks transtrenders.
>>
>>5682324

> I think there should at least be some basis of femininity exhibited.

Trainee psychotherapist replying.

Why should someone have to act in a stereotypically feminine way? femininity as defined by whom?

I don't believe a therapist should be telling someone how to behave, or style their hair, or subtly criticising their thinking as "masculine". It's a violation of the client's autonomy, and it's deeply unhelpful.

Someone who is unsure of their identity needs the space to think clearly about how actually think and feel, and what they want to be. How is it helpful to have a therapist, a person in power and authority, telling you stuff like "Well all the other trans people wear pink and like lipstick, so you should to".

I'm having problems following what you say after that, and you seems to be confusing bipolar behaviour with this issue at the end.
>>
>>5682324
>Even if repressed by red state values most any trans woman will offer some semblance of femme behavior if given a safe space and they understand what that means.
You really don't understand how long severe, violent, and lifelong repression takes to work through, do you?
>>
>>5682471
I do and it took me 6 months to work up the courage to see the therapist, 2 more months talking to him to even talk about anything besides the weather and how work is going. The only reason he probably kept talking to me is my appearance.
>>
>>5682462
there is a vast difference between 'some basis for feminine behavior' and 'stereotypical female behavior.'

It has nothing to do with wearing pink and lipstick. I just mean GID can manifest from depression having very little to do with the gender of the person involved. They just hate everything about themselves and transition gives them what they percieved as a fresh start. I'm not saying they don't hate their gender role I'm just saying it may have more to do with depression than any actual dysphoria. Part of my dysphoria is social, meaning I don't like how men are percieved and don't want to be seen that way and lumped in with everyone else. It has a lot to do with my body as well but if the dysphoria is specifically one or the other I would question their motives.
>>
She's essentially saying that all the trans people she's met are degenerate fuckups who don't care about anyone or anything besides themselves and decide to look like crossdressing freaks despite how much harm it will do to their lives.

She's right in a sense. Woman aren't rational, and neither are transwomen. Testosterone changes the way your mind functions, so does estrogen.

It is a masculine thought process to strive for an efficient and practical life, because you are an independent, a man. As a man no one gives a shit about you, there is no fucking safety for you, life will slit your throat at any given opportunity. As a woman she will never EVER understand this. Women function on a completely different level knowing that they will always have the safety net of being a housewife.

I suggest trying to at least get the opportunity to talk to some sort of male therapist for a bit. It's just not reasonable to expect a woman to empathize with you properly.

But in terms of getting HRT, just tell your doctor or therapist that you will start self medding and the only reason you came to them is to attempt to go down the safer route. That you don't need their validation and they can fuck off with their gate keeping bullshit. Don't let the kikes try and pick your brain, you've already been brain washed into becoming a tranny, I'm surprised they aren't already calling you good goy and throwing hormones at you.

In all seriousness fuck them, do whatever you want with your body.
>>
>>5685228
>As a man no one gives a shit about you, there is no fucking safety for you, life will slit your throat at any given opportunity. As a woman she will never EVER understand this. Women function on a completely different level knowing that they will always have the safety net of being a housewife.

This desu. Though it's more than just the housewife safety net. I thought a female therapist would be better, but I had that same experience with her just not understanding. Especially the fact that sometimes it isn't practical to do something, and that you have to suck it up even if it makes you feel like shit. She'd get this blank look on her face. She also had the idea that pronouns were like the most important thing, literally had no concept of physical dysphoria other than "but that's just what society defines as a female body type, it's society's fault" and shit like that, but that's beside the point. My two previous male therapists were actually better. Maybe one of those rare no bullshit, get shit done type women would be an ok therapist. I get along great with them. But the ones who are all 3rd-wave feminism and feels are useless.

>She's essentially saying that all the trans people she's met are degenerate fuckups who don't care about anyone or anything besides themselves and decide to look like crossdressing freaks despite how much harm it will do to their lives.
Also this.
>>
>>5685228
I don't want to strong arm my therapist with threats. I think I'll just suck it up and go girl mode on our next appointment. Good thing I can pigment well enough to hide beard shadow.
>>
>>5687924
It's not about threatening them. If you are 100% certain that you want and need to transition and the only thing holding you back is their approval then you need to make them aware of the fact you don't give a shit about whether or not you meet their arbitrary standards in order to "qualify" for HRT.

Unless you aren't sure and actually need them to talk you down from it.
>>
Self med is magical. Just start at 12mg estradiol daily and work your way up from there.
>>
>>5687937
I'm sure, that just seems like a shitty angle to work. Plus it would be empty threats I want my skittles to come from professional labs and from a pharmacy. I'm really paranoid about fillers and doing it without an endo and ducking myself up. I know the risk is low but even at 1/10000 on a scale of the entire trans population should leave about 30 people a year with bad reactions due to unknown underlying conditions. I'm not in poor health but there are too many unknowns for me to act without the help of a doctor and not have anxiety attacks.
>>
>>5687968
That's why it's a bluff
>>
>>5687952
Comments like this is why I don't believe anyone here telling me it's safe.
>>
>>5687980
And if they call my bluff and say they won't enable my possible self harm and cut me off completely?
>>
>>5687992
Then don't bring up self-medding. Just make it very clear you don't appreciate their arbitrary standards in order to do something you are certain you want to do. All I'm saying is to be open and honest about how you feel about being held back from transitioning about your therapists is a misogynist who thinks women can't be calculated or practical. You need to understand that they all but literally said women would value their selfish needs over having a fucking income and that wanting to keep your job is a "masculine thought process".
>>
>>5675623
This. Surely there are other therapists.
>>
Trannies live in this state of mind that transitioning is the only answer to their problem.

Why the fuck do you even see a therapist if you can't accept a professional opinion that you shoudn't transition? Just self-med and drive yourself to suicide like the little freak you are.
>>
>>5688800
A therapist isn't meant to tell you what you should and shouldn't do though.
>>
>>5688928
Yes they are. Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>5688933
Well I've actually been to a therapist for one, and they were never this fucking patronising. They had me talk about what I wanted out of things, and what my options were instead of telling me what's good for me.
That's what's retarded. Telling someone what they should do with their life, even if it's the right thing, Clearly they won't listen if you put it like that. That's why a therapist's job is to make people think about their options and decide on their own what's good for them.
>>
>>5688989
Someone who is LGBT or just a degenerate in general should not be left to "decide on their own what's good for them". That's like giving a toddler a suicide pill.
>>
>>5689000
Well that's funny, because I was suicidal and doing extremely badly at a time and I was asked by my psychologist whether or not I wanted to be hospitalized, I wasn't forced to do it. Whether you agree with it or not, this isn't how psychology works, plain and simple.
>>
>>5688800
Well up until recently it hasn't been practical for me to do so. Now it is. If you read through the thread the only thing they are basing this of for fb is the fact that I have short hair and use a deeper voice when speaking, which I actually pitch down because naturally my voice is embarrassingly high. I do untilize vocal fry though so maybe that will help.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.