[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silly linguistic question here: >sex and gender are not the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (91KB, 638x781px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 638x781px
Silly linguistic question here:

>sex and gender are not the same, possibly not even related
>transgender individuals are in a body of the sex that doesn't match their gender
>????

Is the term 'transsexual' simply no longer acceptable, or am I missing something here? Apologies in advance if this is stupid or offensive.
>>
>>5659787
Transsexual normally refers to a specific kind of transgender person. Binary trans men and trans women changing their sex characteristics to some extent.

It's still a pretty popular term, although some circles prefer to avoid it due to the medicalization of trans identities that the term stems from.
>>
>>5659888
You're just legitimizing transgender nonsense.
Transsexual is the only medical term, transgender is made up stuff so some people could do whatever and be special.
>>
>>5659908
Yeah, only I'm happy to legitimize them because I believe they and their experiences exist and are worthy of respect. By contrast, as important as their work has been, I seriously question ever allowing my body and mind to be associated with the works of Benjamin and Blanchard.
>>
>>5659908

Anything other than hetero-, homo-, bi-, cis-, trans-sexual.

Is just special snowflake sexual orientation.
>>
In this case, "sex" is referring to genitals and "gender" to outward expression. So transfolk who cut off their wang or have one grafted on are considered transsexual whereas transgenders can look like a chick but still have male equipment.
Their sex remains the same, of course, so from a linguistic standpoint "transsexual" is not meant to be taken literally as their sex is the same as before the surgery. But their "gender" is still female. Still it is a handy way to distinguish the two.
>>
>>5659943
>Still it is a handy way to distinguish the two.
It's not handy at all because noone knows the difference.
>>
>>5659935
This
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.