[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of us legbutts have been diagnosed with a mental illness/disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 1448206175721.jpg (241KB, 702x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448206175721.jpg
241KB, 702x960px
How many of us legbutts have been diagnosed with a mental illness/disorder (excluding the obvious GID/AGP/AAP)? I'm curious, it makes sense to me we'd have a lot of crazy.
>>
You do realize that agp and aap aren't actually diagnoses right? One is just some garbage that one researcher made up, the other is an extrapolation from that garbage made by people on the internet. In order to get into one of the DSM s it would have to have wide support among experts and researchers in its field, instead of the 5 or so that do in fact support it, while the overwhelming majority of the scientific community rejects it.
>>
>>5652494
I'm officially a bipolar, borderline, drug abusing, alcoholic, dysthymic tranny with eating disorder and migraine.

Realistically I'm bipolar and dysthimic and a tranny. But well, the rest is on my records.
>>
Anxiety, depression, ADHD, trichotillomania.
>>
>>5652547
Oh yeah probably getting ADD diagnosed tomorrow, lol. Whatever test I'm having it just can't turn out negative.
Add that to my list >>5652541

Don't pull your hair out though, thats nasty.
>>
aspd and npd
>>
>>5652559
It's been in remission for more than a few years, but I still pull at/fidget with my hair, and when I'm stressed I have to get away from mirrors and wear hats. But I mostly don't anymore.

Why are you getting tested, if you don't mind me asking? I was brought in by my stepmom in 4th grade for being a disgusting tard -- turned out I was smart, just fucked in the head.
>>
i keep stealing my dad's girlfriend's painkillers (which she abuses, he abuses, and i abuse) from his basement

that's not diagnosed but it is pretty fucked
>>
>>5652569
I was smart too, and more or less got through school without learning stuff. Some things I had to cheat on, but the only real issue I had was trying to learn things I actually wanted to learn.
Instruments and some other things. Literally 3 years and I can't even read notes or chords.

I can make a lot of things explain themselves to me, and if someone explains it well I understand too, but something that requires me to read up on, it's simply impossible. And I can't do just 1 thing at once. My focus is all over the place.
Trying to practice my voice for example doesn't work because it takes concentration and after 30 seconds I already got other things in hand and then I remember I oughta practice and I feel like shit.

No idea why I'm getting tested but if in the end it helps me, that'd be fucking awesome. Would still love to learn play an instrument.

Good to hear you leave your hair where it belongs though.
>>
>>5652518
>extrapolation from that garbage made by people on the internet.
Actually, it was proposed by that very same researcher for submission to the DSM recently. It was summarily dismissed since he had no research supporting it and he wanted to coin the term despite not believing in the condition's existence so he could do it before those cursed feminists did.

I seriously have no idea why he hasn't been retired. Please let him be retired before I have to visit the Clarke Institute...

>>5652494
I've been diagnosed with ADHD. Not on meds for it anymore, though.
>>
>>5652606
Ah I stand corrected. Extrapolation from that garbage made by human garbage with no attempt at even providing faulty evidence.
>>
>>5652598
Personally I have a hard time initiating tasks -- showering, organizing, getting off of 4chan and my ass to uni (right now actually), so on. Reading is hell too, it's hard for me to focus on the meaning of words when I'm trying to focus on focusing. Audiobooks, video lectures, and podcasts are good, so I can do something with my hands while I listen. That's because I'm an auditory learner, though, and not a kinesthetic one. Thankfully I don't need to study much more than going over a topic before an exam, but that might change soon.

Anyway, you sound a bit like me. You told your therapist this? If so, that's why you're getting tested -- the symptoms kind of match, but they could be caused by bipolar and junk. Good luck anyway, I hope symptoms improve whatever happens.
>>
>>5652620
>Personally I have a hard time initiating tasks
That too but I blame that on depressions.

>Audiobooks, video lectures, and podcasts are good
Those don really work for me either. Some video lectures I make it through watching like a minute or two at a time, then coming back to it whenever. Audio books and podcasts are just background noise though.

> You told your therapist this?
Yeah I did, though I'd much rather like her to just give me a referral already...Been self-medding for 2 years now. My endo already proposed a GnRH but it'd be one shot and then I got SRS already, lol.
Stupid waste of time with these gatekeepers.
>>
>>5652494
Anxiety PTSD reporting in.
Had to learn to Stop thinking.
>>
File: 1452719314070.jpg (33KB, 445x359px) Image search: [Google]
1452719314070.jpg
33KB, 445x359px
>mfw neurotypical
feels good to be a natural born patrician
>>
>>5652494
I'm anorexic and an insomniac
>>
File: 1454358058023.jpg (60KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
1454358058023.jpg
60KB, 500x463px
>>5652732
Give me your brain.
>>
>>5652494
Major Depressive Disorder.

It has ruined my life.
>>
anxiety, depression, adhd

pretty standard
>>
Borderline personality disorder here. The daddy issues are real.

>>5652566
What's that like? How did you even come to get diagnosed, no offense, but I would think that you wouldn't care for a therapist's opinions on you.
>>
>>5652494
You do realize where you're asking this, right?
>>
>>5652494
yes
i got the aspergers
>>
>>5652494
nothing kek
depression is pretty frequent on my mother's family though, I hope it never gets me.
>>
>>5652494
Anxiety, clinical depression mood disorder, personality disorder .OCD.
>>
File: 1345671353744.gif (57KB, 431x240px) Image search: [Google]
1345671353744.gif
57KB, 431x240px
>>5653259
>>
>>5652518
Are agp and aap even in the DSMV or ICD?
>>
>>5654211
No. Nor are they ever likely to be. They are just the pet theory of some messed up people with an agenda.
>>
>>5652494
Autism and probably a severe paranoid personality disorder.

So much for me getting a bf.
>>
>AvPD
>assume everyone hates me by default
>if someone who likes me makes a critique, they hate me forever
>never ask any favor for fear of rejection
>alone forever until the end of times
>self esteem never
Just kill me.
>>
Probably a lot of us.

Too lazy to look for sources, you can do it yourself :^)

But anyway, LGBTers have a much higher rate of mental disorders than the general population, particularly because of society's reaction to us.

And our LGBT youth? :0
Something like 7 times more likely to commit suicide. It sucks.
>>
>>5655406
Then you have people like Ted Cruz wanting to repeal gay marriage.
Lots of weird people in this country, if you're American, that is.
>>
>>5652494

I went to a psych once to get adderal. They diagnosed me with depression instead and gave me welbutrin. Idiots.
>>
>>5652494
bi diagnosed with bipolar 1
>>
>>5655523
whats that like?
>>
>>5655531
sucks, man. you have to live with either crippling depression where you want to kill yourself, or get so 'high' on life that you lose all touch with this reality and go into another one. but my medicine is working, so hopefully everything will be straightened out
>>
I ended up in a psych ward for 2 weeks once after a drug overdose but they didn't diagnose me with anything. I can't really do therapy cause I'm socially retarded so we just talked about random nonsense for the 2 weeks which was the max they could keep me for. I didn't want any meds so I didn't really give the doctor any hints I basically just autopiloted my way through it
>>
>>5652494

Schizophrenia.

Bah, humbug.
>>
>>5652494
depression/anxiety, OCD

CBT's helped me pretty much get over the former, still waiting on my course of CBT for the latter
>>
Been dagnosed with depression. Although its just in fact pessimism, my therapist was pretty much lame
>>
>>5654211
Nope. Blanchard got BTFO at the dsmV GID committee.
>>
Officially,
>anxiety
>PTSD
>STP
>BPD
>ADHD
>depression
>insomnia(possibly due to actual medical problems though)
>recovered/recovering anorexic
>recovering drug addict

Since transitioning though? My anxiety pops up and while I prefer to be alone, I have friends, easily make friends, most of my romantic relationships have been at the minimum length of 2 years(though this also goes for pre-T), I can hold down jobs and live on my own. I can say I'm pretty content with life and I haven't even had a hysterical panic attack for like three years(which used to be at least once a month for the full on nuclear meltdowns). I don't take any medication besides my 'mones. Thanks testosterone.
>>
>>5657523
>SPD*
>>
diagnosed with severe depression and GAD

but honestly i think my life is just shit and im reacting appropriately to how bad it is
>>
>>5652494
Well, I'm bi and been though CBT for depression, my best friend is bi and is depressed, so is my gf and she's bi too

>Implying implications
>>
>>5654898
They are not a "theory". The terms are scientifically sound and very real. That's the best part about science, no matter how much of an asshole or evil guy the reasearcher is, it doesn't negate his findings. His "theory" was that sexual motivation is the main reason behind transexuality, which the public already thinks when they see a man in a dress. Judging by the posts here, I'd say he wasn't wrong at all. "My girlfriend left her panties on the floor, I started fapping in them and realized my burning desire to become a woman." Do you not see threads like this everyday?
>>
File: the terror 2.png (78KB, 208x190px) Image search: [Google]
the terror 2.png
78KB, 208x190px
Has anyone with add here taken ritalin? How does it affect you?
>>
>>5658658
If they were so scientifically sound they'd be in the DSM V and you wouldn't have to scramble across imageboards for anecdotal evidence.

ALso, the person you replied to wasn't questining their status as "theory" as you assumed; they called it a pet theory, i.e. it is something the author will not give up on despite evidence to the contrary.
>>
>>5657096
that must fucking such, which type? catatonic.. paranoid..?
>>
>>5658996
suck*
>>
My life is empty and I don't know why I'm living it anymore.
>>
>>5660246
Same... kinda.
I got some things to look forward to but I don't know how I'll survive until then.

Wish someone could step into my life and fix it but there's so many issues in the way, it'll never happen.
>>
>>5658658
>"My girlfriend left her panties on the floor, I started fapping in them and realized my burning desire to become a woman." Do you not see threads like this everyday?
I know this is b8 but its shit b8, so I'll bite.

No... unless the person posting it was autistic or a troll, no one has - in any seriousness - ever made a post like that.
>>
>biscum
>schizoid with schizotypal features
I interviewed for a kennel cleaning job at the animal hospital earlier this week. I've worked in this environment before, I'd rather hose down dog shit than work with people.
>>
File: 1450089009531.png (102KB, 570x327px) Image search: [Google]
1450089009531.png
102KB, 570x327px
most likely schizotypal, however not diagnosed thus questionable

is there any point in suspecting oneself of the disorder just basing on knowladge from made research (read:) the multiple sources on internet and own insight?
>>
>>5658996

Paranoid. Not in psychosis right now, and looking back on my most recent delusions makes me want to bury my head in the ground. Really? I thought pagan deities were mad at me for having a dirty apartment, and had to clean it out with snow from the porch? Really? Wtf.
>>
>>5654898
>>5657455
WRONG
RONG
ONG
NG
G

>>5654211
>>5658922
Yes, section 302.3, although it's inclusion under "transvestic fetishim" rather than some other broader gender disorder is questionable
>>
>>5657523
SPD as in sensory processing disorder? I have OCD and not BPD or ADHD. Aside from that, your life sounds a lot like mine. I still have horrible insomnia, and I strongly prefer being alone (in a dark, quiet place, preferably). Since starting to transition, though, my life has completely turned around. Apparently, I had one major issue (being trans) that was at the root of almost all of the rest of my problems. Once I finally stopped lying to myself and everyone else and addressed the elephant in the room, so many other things resolved or improved.

I spent years as a suicidal, self-harming, BMI ~12 anorexic. I was barely functional, constantly high, didn't have a job, spent a lot of my time lying in bed and crying, was constantly ending up in the hospital, etc. I was waiting for anorexia to kill me because I wimped out every time I tried to an hero. It's so embarrassing, looking back on that. It doesn't even feel like those things happened to ME anymore; it's like I'm talking about someone else.

Now, I have my own apartment, a job, interests, and tons of shit I want to do with my life. Instead of being a miserable and pathetic spoopy skeleton, I'm pretty healthy and very active. I actually enjoy exercising, which I didn't even think was possible for me. It feels so fucking good to have finally gotten my life onto the right track. I'm not trying to brag--there's still a lot wrong with my life (e.g., my overly-controlling BPD mom), but it feels worth living now. I care about things. I care about myself.

It hasn't been easy at all, but I'm here. I'm 27. I never thought I'd live to 27, and, if I did, I planned on killing myself. That seems ridiculous now. I know I'd have ignored it if someone told this to me back in my old life, but seriously, it CAN get better. It doesn't always, but it can. I wish I could do something to help those of you who aren't getting treated so well by life right now.
>>
>>5654954
autism and ppd occur very rarely together, so it's more likely that the paranoid symptoms are from something else (trauma? severe anxiety? repression?)
>>
>>5661590
>I wish I could do something to help those of you who aren't getting treated so well by life right now.
How do I eat?
I just can't ;_;
Have to force everything down and I gag all the time.
>>
>>5661590
I saw you in the coming out thread I think? Fuck your mom, but I'm glad life's gotten better for you.
>>
>>5660286
Same person, and likewise. The little bursts of enjoyment are what keep me afloat, but it's hard. Life gets pretty fucking bland, sometimes I wish I could just spit it out and get a new one.
>>
Bipolar 1, severe depression, ADHD, OCD, anxiety, autism, the gay.
>>
>>5661694
Ugh, I'm so sorry. I was in that position when I started trying to eat more after letting my weight get down to a really dangerous point. My GI system was a wreck, and honestly, eating and digesting was very unpleasant and painful for a few months. I'd smoke a lot of weed and pop some Zofran, and then I forced myself to eat. It got easier and less unpleasant/painful over time.

I ate a lot of Cream of Wheat because it's so plain and is pretty easy on the stomach (unless you have celiac disease, in which case, Cream of Rice is similar). I also started eating almonds, which are (like other nuts) really nutritionally dense, so I could get calories without having to eat a lot of filling food. I had to experiment a lot to try to find foods that I could choke down at first. I spent a lot of time wandering the grocery store aisles.

You might want to see a doctor if you're actually gagging all the time, though. That sounds like something physical could be amiss. If you're actually experiencing nausea, ondansetron (Zofran) is pretty helpful. And marijuana, of course, but I don't know how you feel about that.

I wish I could help you more, but I feel like, for me, my ED just completely lost its hold once I admitted I was trans and started transitioning. I never had any success with actual treatment programs. It took me starting to actually want to live and to improve my body for me to be able to start eating and get back to a healthy weight (not a big surprise).

I hope things get better for you, anon!

>>5662359
Thank you! And yeah, I've been posting here way too much lately because I have no one to talk to IRL. My mom hasn't contacted me for a few weeks, and I'm hoping she's doing the "YOU'RE DEAD TO ME" thing, because that's probably healthier for both of us.
>>
ADHD mostly.

Basically means I constantly fidgit and need something to do with my hands. Growing up whenever we went to restaurants, Id always fiddle with the silverware. My mom hated it and always made me stop. Eventually though she just gave up.

Also I have trouble focusing on something unless its really caught my attention, then I can keep doing it for hours.

Also I sorta get subconsciously impatient when talking to others, I find myself finishing their sentences for them a lot. I don't even think about it really, it just happens. Its not like Im annoyed by other people talking, but I do it anyway.

Im sure theres other shit I do. I took medication for it years ago, but in highschool I developed an eye twitch that lasted for like a year or 2 even after I went off it. Recently I went on a nonstimulant ADHD medicine. We will see how it goes, I don't feel any different yet, but its still on the building up period so I'll see in a week or 2 how I feel.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.