[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Why?" asks a sane person.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: gender as a social construct.jpg (351KB, 1018x1899px) Image search: [Google]
gender as a social construct.jpg
351KB, 1018x1899px
Who actually goes through the trouble of writing down all of this information and still manage to miss the point about what they are practically saying here? That the terms 'gender' and 'sex' are interchangeable when really all they are describing is the latter.

The person who went through the effort of presenting this information down let alone make the image itself fancy just shows how autistic this person really is and how butthurt they are that the world doesn't cater to their beliefs.

I know that one anon who spends around their little 'message' of forced euthanasia is just trying to force a meme, but sometimes I question rather or not he actually makes sense, because seeing crap like this that most likely emerged from that cesspool known as /pol/, /r9k/, or /v/ makes me sick.

Plus the fact that they would actually give a flying fuck about this is even more of an indicator of their autism.
>>
They explain why you're wrong so you attack them by calling the creator autistic for 3 paragraphs. Nice.
>>
I think the message they are trying to get across is pretty clear, that gender as a concept that exists separately from biological sex Is not a real thing. Frankly the only autism I'm seeing here is your own, OP. If this image annoys you so much I suggest actually attempting to refute it instead of ranting incoherently
>>
>>5651583
>>5651706

>>>/pol/
>>
What I do not understand is that this person is saying that the terms we give to chromosome arrangements aren't socially defined for better understanding of what sex is which leads me to believe this was written by a troll.

Defining 'male' to XY and 'female' to XX is still socially defined as they have no official definitions since we labeled them that. Plus since such mutations exist in nature then it is natural.

This guy sounds like he needs to take his Domestos.
>>
>>5651553
He's not wrong.

Just because you want to live like a woman, be treated like a woman, and look like a woman does not make you a woman. That is a very important thing that trans people need to come to terms with.

Living as the opposite sex may be the only way to treat your dysphoria, but that is all you're doing. Treating a mental illness. It's similar to hiring a security team for a paranoid schizophrenic. It should only be acceptable so long as it is the best way to treat gender dysphoria.

>inb4 YOU COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND YOU CIS SCUM
I'm MtF and able to admit I have a psychological problem that forces me to live as a woman to be happy. I can't claim to understand bigenderism, but I assume their variation of my mental illness simply forces them to change which sex they are emulating-or 'gender' if you like-in order to be happy.
>>
I think it's funny they misspelled aberration, but besides that an actual point to make is that you can label sex as 'male' and 'female' but the natural world doesn't categorize itself so neatly into nice understandable compartments for us like the autists we all are.

The fact that XXY and XXX/XYY exist is simply mutations. Beneficial or not, they occur and mutations are by definition natural, they occur by nature. That's why we exist pretty much, and trying to slap labels of male or female don't mean much unless you want to clarify with additional crap like "male with XYY chromosomes" or "female with XXX" or so on. The point is humans categorize shit because we're all autists and for some absurd reason we think the world is made to be easily understood for us (Earth centric model of the universe anyone?)

Sex is biologically influenced and determined sure, but implying there's only two ever implies that sex is literally 'who carries the eggs' and 'who supplies random genetic information at low cost'. That's fine, no point arguing past that then unless we want to theorize on a mutation for a 3rd sex (which imo would be unneeded by any particular species except for more gene mixing and complexity in threesomes..)

Gender however is definitely a more social construct, albeit influenced greatly by biology imo, but even in animals there tends to be more than two groups of 'genders' in various species. There's a species of lizard that have multiple kinds of males that all act specific ways to mate differently, some acting more 'feminine' for lizards and others more typical alpha male for lizards. They are also physically different as well, to mark their different 'genders' so to speak. People outside of biology kind of don't see or realize how much biology influences behaviour and how genes that promote particular behaviours often piggyback on genes that give certain physical characteristics. Such as when you domesticate foxes, they get a much more dog-like look-
>>
>>5652369
continuing, domestication is a very real example of gene selection influencing behaviour, and the resulting physical changes show how connected an animals biology is to their behaviour.

In that way I make the final point that everyone acts the way they do because of the circumstances of their environment given the genes they were given. Trying to escape your physical biology is kind of absurd and stupid, and ultimately impossible.

That's kind of the reason transgender people exist, they often wish they could just be happy as their born gender so to speak, but they can't change who they are biologically. Transgenderism is biological with verrry high likelihood at this point, and people act the way they do because of an accident of birth. Again, some animals change their biological sex back and forth as needed, and while it's definitely absurd to say at this point, but those kinds of changes can occur over millions of years of evolution. Will we see that day? Probably not, we're all fucking autists who hate eachother for accidents of birth that are beyond our control.

Of all the ways we could have tried to make our lives enjoyable, we choose the one most likely to make other people salty.
>>
>>5651553
>Claim: Gender and Sex are a Social Construct.
I don't think anyone is saying that the two biological sexes aren't real. Nobody with a basic understanding of genetics is saying that.

That being said, this is obvious bait designed to trigger Tumblrites. Constant 'feminist' bashing when feminists aren't even the ones saying most of this.
>>
>>5652397
Yeah it gets to the point where it moves past bitterness with feminism and enters into full-on science denial just to get a chance to take trans people down a peg.

Most of the mouthbreathers shouting "chromosomes" and "genetics" at trans people barely have a fucking clue what they're talking about. They try to force science to fit their feels, which is ironically exactly what they accuse trans people of doing.

This is why you shouldn't get your knowledge about the world from throwaway /pol/ image macros.
>>
>>5652356
As a Doctor, I can confirm that gender and sex are two different things.
>>
>>5652369
>>5652392
this desu
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 542x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 542x295px
>>5651553
>>5651583
Uh not them but chromosomes don't determine biological sex. http://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943

It's literally a question from a 1st year genetics test
>>http://biology.clc.uc.edu/courses/bio105/geneprob.htm Sex (It’s a Phenotype, Not a Chromosome!):
>>5652448
Pretty much, they wouldn't get past a basic genetics test with that knowledge.

Weird how all the sad author never got a higher education but feels like an expert.
>>
>>5652448
Slow down sally, you're doing exactly the same shit you're trying to berate them for lmao
>>
>>5659764
My vote is to find the creator of such an autistic image and take them along with the OP to the nearest FEL establishment to be euthanized. Only we have the power to achieve New Eden.
>>
>>5651553
Who cares? I'll never be a real woman but I can take tranny treats for the rest of my life and look like one.
Stop getting so butthurt over shit that doesn't matter
>>
File: 1333396619539731[1].jpg (68KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1333396619539731[1].jpg
68KB, 300x250px
>>5660804
> I'll never be a real woman

So what are you then?
>>
>>5667956
I'm a severely mentally ill man, but I can't really give a shit because that's just the way it is. I take my pills and try to forget about it.
>>
>>5651583
>>5651706
to summarize the disjointed slew of arguments in op's pic
>there are only two sexes
that's true, no one is disputing that. there are however /numerous/ intersex conditions.
>gender doesnt real because i say so
that isn't true, gender may not be entirely separate from sex but it's not entirely the same either. hence dysphoria exists.
>there are exceptions to what the karyotypes indicate but since they're rare and stuff i can pretend they dont exist when i feel like it
newsflash transpeople are "rare" too.
so yes, op's image is pretty autistic.
>gender and sex are a social construct
thats just a meme invented by obese people who use tumblr. no one who weighs less than 300 pounds takes it seriously.
>>
>>5651553
Fuck off meme. I'm still not gonna read your encyclopediameme.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>5668965
Are you legally going through the process of gender transitioning from male to female?
>>
File: 1366154728373.jpg (14KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
1366154728373.jpg
14KB, 510x510px
>>5659693
>>5669039
>doing it right
You can learn from these two, OP
>>
>>5670947
of course not
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.