[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aromantic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Aromantic_flag.png (10KB, 1599x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Aromantic_flag.png
10KB, 1599x1107px
Is being aromantic a real thing or is it another dumb shit Tumblr made it?

I'm 20 years old, have literally never "caught the feels". The idea of romance is fucking weird to me. It feels fake. I'm a sexually person, and I'm very very affectionate. I love giving and receiving affection. Just not romantic affection.

I honestly feel like I don't have the capacity for romantic attraction. The very idea of being romantically involved with someone is something I struggle to even wrap my brain around.

That being said, I love my best friend. Like, I really fucking love her. I would take a bullet for her, any way. If she called me right now saying she needed me, I would drop everything, get my ass on a plane and go to her, and worry about consequences later. But I can't put my finger on the love I feel for her. It's obviously stronger than friendship but feels, idk, deeper and more meaningful I guess than romantic love. When we're together, we hold hands a lot and fall asleep while spooning, but it's weird to think of her as my "girlfriend". It sounds petty. I don't know, it's all very hard to explain.

Point is. Do people actually feel like this? Is it a real thing? Or is it a stupid excuse people made up for not finding the right person?
>>
It's the flag man. It took me like 6 refreshes of the front page before I noticed your thread. The flag makes it look like an ad subliminally in my head.
>>
>>5627432
>feels, idk, deeper and more meaningful I guess than romantic love
how can you possibly know that if you've never felt romantic love?

I feel that you have a really incorrect definition of what romantic love is.
>>
It's probably a real (rare, probably rarer than you would think from how many people on Tumblr claim it) thing but it also sounds like you are just maybe confused about what romantic love is, because that sounds like romantic love to me and that you have very strong feelings for her.
>>
I've always been asexual and aromantic. They're meme words for sure but they describe my situation pretty accurately. I think some Tumblr classifications are ok like the above as well as demisexual and pansexual.

>tfw have to pretend about my horny-ness to my bf so he's satisfied but really I just don't want to be lonely
>>
>>5628110
>asexual and aromantic
>having a bf

wow you're a piece of shit
>>
>>5628199
what would you suggest otherwise? nobody wants to be with a tranny who doesn't care for sex. I don't wanna be alone anon
>>
>>5628399
Find someone who's asexual as well.

Don't make someone waste his life because you can't be alone
>>
>>5627432
I know that feel. I see good looking women and I instantly want to fuck. When I kiss them I feel nothing.

I can masturbate 5 times a day and enjoy sex immensely. I've never felt anything for anyone though. I assume the feeling is something like (if you've played a sport) the jitters before a game. Like a positive anxiousness? Nervous and scared but ready to push forward?
>>
You romantically love your friend, OP. This feeling, with which you are unfamiliar, is what people refer to when they use those words.

All that bollocks about roses and cheesy music is just how some people express it.
>>
>>5628703
That's probably because you are equating feeling something when kissing someone = romantic feelings. And that's just not how it works.

Love is something that takes time to take shape. Not something you suddenly feel when being affectionate with someone.
>>
>Aromantic
>Asexual

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoactive_sexual_desire_disorder
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.