[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a "CIS Male" understand this shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: daria.jpg (115KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
daria.jpg
115KB, 670x503px
Hello /lgbt/ first time posting here

Coming from /adv/ i was kind of trashing a trans person there and i want to kind of understand trans better and be less ignorant,

>What are your current views on LGBT

I have no problems with gays, lesbians, and bisexuals...but with trans people it gets complicated

i think the best, more understandable trans person for me are hermaphrodites. Someone who was born with both sexes, or unclear sexe, so they had a gender assigned to them. Sometimes you grow up with the sex assigned you and everything is dandy, sometimes you aren't so you change your sex to match how you grew up physically. This makes sense for me.

What I don't get "and admittedly look down on/creeped out/disgusted at" are trans people who have a perfectly defined physical gender and do a bunch of unnatural procedures to be a sexe that they are the complete physical opposite of, with surgery, hormones, and etc. I once had a co-worker who was a dude who transitionned into a man that dresses like a woman, and my only reaction was "wtf". He was a cool dude before and turned into a weird bitch.

I feel like the consequences of making your sexe go 180 degrees are not socially acceptable. I can totally respect someone being born a certain way, but doing unnatural procedures to turn into something that is neither man nor woman i have HUGE problems understanding. I keep hearing stuff like "woman trapped in a man's body", isnt that just a gay person?

Apologies if I offend, I guess I am a transphobe, share your stories or explanations if you think it might sway my views, thanks!
>>
>I have no problems with gays, lesbians, and bisexuals...but with trans people it gets complicated

That's because gay men, gay women, and partially-gay men & women, are all the same. Trannies aren't and never were so therefore sort that shit out separately to be qompletely honest.
>>
>>5594635
>I guess I am a transphobe

Nah, don't say that OP. It's difficult to understand some things in this world - people in particular.

> I keep hearing stuff like "woman trapped in a man's body", isnt that just a gay person?

That's a bit closer to homophobia, though. Gay men don't really care to be thought of that way.

Anyway, no, it's not socially acceptable to be trans right now. Trans people are looked down on and misunderstood by a supermajority. It helps a lot if you pass - those that don't aren't given anywhere near the respect that a human being with a beating heart should have, but even those who do aren't favoured so high as to be able to make it to a second class.

>if you think it might sway my views, thanks!

I'm not here to sway your view in the way you might expect. It wouldn't be reasonable for a non-trans person to be able to understand what goes on inside a trans brain. You're different. It's suggested in science that trans women have neurology that is much closer to cis women than it is to men, or even gay men, but the investigation is ongoing.

I don't think it's going to make rational sense to you to understand that some people are irrationally repulsed by every aspect of their birth sex, and that it makes them extremely uncomfortable, and that it feels incredibly wrong. That quest to the opposite sex is an inward thing; people want to be comfortable in their own skin, and they, in doing so, accept the storm that comes from all the people in the world who don't, won't, or can't show compassion to people they don't understand.

They get as close as they can with the technology we have in this world. It's not perfect. Maybe one day it will be, but I doubt we'll live to see that day when people can live without feeling divided upon themselves.

Try to understand if you can, but don't push yourself. All I ask from you is to be an excellent human being and to practice kindness and pity in spite of yourself.
>>
for every hyper feminine creepy hon who transitioned at 50, there's a trans girl who you'd never guess is trans

kind of like how for every cis person like you who thinks they're enlightened, there's one who i would actually feel comfortable around enough to enjoy the company of
>>
>>5594741

>kind of like how for every cis person like you who thinks they're enlightened

I don't think I'm enlightened, I just want some better perspective.

Not gonna lie, I still might not accept it, but it's better than just me saying "these people are fucking weirdoes". It feels like a shitty rebuttal to what is a sensitive issue.
>>
>>5594775
i suppose so

sorry for coming off the way i did
>>
>>5594635
>hermaphrodites. Someone who was born with both sexes
>"i have no idea what im talking about"

fucking do some research into the subject you uncultured swine
>>
>>5594635
It could be argued that most trans people are a weird form of intersex, even if they're a perfectly normal man or woman on the outside, their brains are physically more like those of the opposite sex, and as a result the internal sense of gender is messed up, not having the hormone levels and body to match the "brain sex" causes all sorts of problems.

>I feel like the consequences of making your sexe go 180 degrees are not socially acceptable. I can totally respect someone being born a certain way, but doing unnatural procedures to turn into something that is neither man nor woman i have HUGE problems understanding.
Well yeah, it's something that a lot of people stll find weird. But trans people don't do it to make themselves popular, but because they're uncomfortable with the gender of their body.

>I keep hearing stuff like "woman trapped in a man's body", isnt that just a gay person?
Nope, sexuality and gender are two different things. Gay people may have some characteristics more typical of women, but they don't have a complete psychological sex inversion like trans people do.
>>
>>5594635
>I keep hearing stuff like "woman trapped in a man's body", isnt that just a gay person?

You should add homophobia, to your list of phobias.
>>
1. You can declare anything "unnatural" if you want. The surgeries that hermaphrodites get to repair their deformed genetalia are no more natural than sex-reassignment surgery

2. Your friend sounds like a male crossdressers. Male crossdressers are all creepy douchebags, no exceptions
>>
>>5595078
3. Transitioning has been proven over the last 50 or so years to be the best treatment option for people who genuinely feel that they were born in the wrong body.
>>
>>5594916
>>5594841
>>5594741
>I am ignorant and seek information
>REEE FUCKING CISSHIT HOMOPHOBE

LGBT untermenschen in action
>>
>>5594916
>asks innocent question
>branded a thought criminal

if that was a serious reply, that's really sad. I hope you don't say things that dumb in real life.
>>
>>5595126
Didn't brand you as a thought criminal, just pointed out your homophobic belief that gay men are just women trapped in men's bodies.

You're confusing basic things like gender and sexuality, so obviously you do have problems with gays, lesbians and bisexuals and trans people aren't the only issue you're confused about.
>>
File: Imnotputtingupwiththis.jpg (57KB, 800x872px) Image search: [Google]
Imnotputtingupwiththis.jpg
57KB, 800x872px
The concept you're going to have to challenge, or none of this works, is that the transgender person is becoming something they're not.

If you can not accept that, by at least some meaning of the word, that a transgender person is changing their body to match their gender, none of the other stuff will make sense.
>>
>>5595161
>Ignorance is phobia

Damn the curious, burn the books, praise Mao.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>5595161
lol go outside
>>
>>5595161

>Didn't brand you as a thought criminal, just pointed out your homophobic belief that gay men are just women trapped in men's bodies

Homophobic implies hatred, nothing about the post implies hatred.

I mean, I don't want to say it but I'm getting more hostility trying to get a straight answer than people actually legitimately interested in giving information or clarity.
>>
>>5595161

I'm not OP

seriously, calm down, take a few deep breaths, remove the stick in your ass, and go get a snickers bar or something. your hyper-upset, hyper-offended act is embarrassing and isn't actually doing anything for anyone.
>>
>>5594635
>Help a "CIS Male" understand this shit

Firstly, "cis" is not an acronym and should not be capitalized. It is a Latin prefix that means "on the same side." It's the opposite of the prefix "trans," which in means "on the other side."

Cisgender = your gender is "on the same side" as your birth sex
Transgender = your gender is "on the other side" from your birth sex

>i think the best, more understandable trans person for me are hermaphrodites. Someone who was born with both sexes, or unclear sexe, so they had a gender assigned to them.

The correct term for these people is "intersex."

>What I don't get "and admittedly look down on/creeped out/disgusted at" are trans people who have a perfectly defined physical gender and do a bunch of unnatural procedures to be a sexe that they are the complete physical opposite of

Just because something is "unnatural" doesn't mean it's bad (what does that word even mean, anyway?). There is nothing inherently wrong with a body that has been altered in order to function more correctly, look more acceptable, or feel better for the person who inhabits it. There are no logical reasons to justify the position that "unnatural" == bad.

>I feel like the consequences of making your sexe go 180 degrees are not socially acceptable.

What specific "consequences" are you talking about, here? And just because something is not socially acceptable does not mean it's wrong or bad.

> I keep hearing stuff like "woman trapped in a man's body", isnt that just a gay person?

Absolutely not. Gay men are men. They have no desire to be women. They do not feel that they are women. They enjoy their male bodies and like having sex with men as men.

(cont.)
>>
>>5595176
You're just being retarded at this point. Don't you have better things to do than sit around for half an hour misrepresenting anything someone else posts?
>>
>>5595166
>The concept you're going to have to challenge, or none of this works, is that the transgender person is becoming something they're not.
>or none of this works

The fact that this doesn't raise a huge red flag for you is pretty astounding desu
>>
>>5595200
(cont.)

The "[x] trapped in a [y] body" thing is a drastic oversimplification.

I am a trans man, meaning I was born a woman and have become a man. I never felt like I was trapped; I just felt disconnected from and disgusted by my body for no obvious reason. I hated my boobs. I hated my genitals. I hated the sound of my voice, the shape of my face, the size and shape of my body, my lack of muscles, etc. I was a very pretty girl but I didn't want to be a pretty girl. Being a pretty girl made me feel awful. It was depressing, shameful, humiliating. I didn't want anyone to touch me or look at me. I made people delete photos they took of me. I wore baggy black clothes everywhere. I wanted to have sex with men but having sex with men as a woman made me have panic attacks, so I just didn't have any sex or date anyone at all.

For a long time I didn't know that trans men existed, so I had no way of knowing that the way I felt was abnormal. All I knew was that I was deeply unhappy with my body, my appearance, my identity, my sex life, etc.

This is the kind of stuff that trans people are referring to when they talk about being trapped. For some people it does literally feel like being in a cage. For me it felt like being lost in a fog my whole life: unable to understand my body, my sexuality, my emotions. But now that I'm a man, I feel like a real person for the first time in my entire life. I feel grounded, confident, attractive, capable, etc.

You will never truly understand what it's like to be trans. But that's okay. You don't have to be able to identify with the way we feel in order to be compassionate. You just have to trust that we're being sincere about the way we feel, and this isn't something we do for frivolous reasons. Being trans is just a thing that some people are born with. Transitioning is just a thing that we do to feel better about ourselves and live more fulfilling lives. That's it.
>>
>>5595211
>Don't you have better things to do than sit around for half an hour misrepresenting anything someone else posts?

oh my goodness the irony

put a lid on it already, drama queen. you're just filling up the thread with crybaby peepants shit now.
>>
>>5595218
>implying anyone who posts in response to you is just one person

You are one sad, sad man.

Cis isn't an acronym, by the way. It's a latin prefix meaning "of the same side."
>>
Imagine how you would feel if you woke up tomorrow and had a woman's body but were otherwise the same as you are now. Most likely would feel pretty uncomfortable.

It's really hard to explain how a trans person feels that their body is wrong since you can't actually experience it yourself but that's the best suggestion I have for trying to imagine it.

No actual trans person chose to be trans.
>>
File: 1453406318989.jpg (532KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1453406318989.jpg
532KB, 1920x1200px
>>5595180
>>5595198
I'm pretty calm, dunno why you feel i would be upset from someone's ignorance.
Ignorance was and still is the no.1 reason of homophobia.

>>5595191
You don't have to be hateful to be homophobic.
Having a prejudiced opinion about lgbt people, that is inaccurate and ignorant, is still homophobia.

At this point, i dunno if this another shitty b8 thread.
Every post that has provided a good answer to OP, like these >>5594721 >>5594878 >>5595200 >>5595214 has been ignored and it's only banter queens shitposting.
>>
>>5595273

I've read all the good posts, they don't need replying because they are succinct.

I litearlly came here asking questions, and you started name calling right away. You caused more problems in this thread just with your presence.
>>
>>5595273
if op was ignorant he wouldnt have come here. probably just insecure because sexuality is not as open in his part of the world maybe
>>
File: 1443068345593s.jpg (6KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1443068345593s.jpg
6KB, 250x167px
>>5595318
Like i already said, it wasn't my intention to brand you.
I apologize, if it came out wrong.

I just pointed out the fact that if you were to mention to someone gay, either male or female, that they're trapped on another's gender body, they will probably think you're ignorant.
>>
File: 1451383514083.png (142KB, 800x757px) Image search: [Google]
1451383514083.png
142KB, 800x757px
>>5595114
>I'm too lazy/stupid to use google and do my own research so it's your JOB be be google for me and convince me but I might not be convinced regardless of anything you could say :^)
>>
>>5595882
>implying that pic isn't actually what most trans people look like
>>
>>5595888
Trans AND anti-trans shitposters, though with self-hating repression there's an amusing amount of overlap anyway.
>>
File: cwc.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cwc.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>5594635
sup OP, it's okay, this stuff don't come easy. Some people like to overreact. You can brush those people off, for the most part.

Trans people are weird, to be honest. I'm a cis lesbian, so I can only give you the official story told to me by the trans community. The official story is that they feel really really uncomfortable in their own bodies, and the only way for them to fix that is to alter their body so that they feel comfortable in it.

Of course, there are people who do not fall into that neat little story, and transition for all sorts of reason. Some do it because they hate being a woman, some do it because they hate being a man. Some do it because being a woman turns them on. Trans people will either tell you that these exceptions don't exist or try to educate you on their own edited version.

The way I see it, just avoid these people, because you are straight and you can. Keep your nose clean, and praise god they will never make up a significant portion of your dating pool.

Also, no, the official definition of "gay" does not mean a man trapped in a woman's body. The official definition of gay is simply an individual who identifies as a man who is attracted to other individuals who identifies as a man. Of course, there are non-official version.

As with everything else, this movement is a trainwreck underneath the surface and most of community is a complete cesspool. If I were you, I would leave and never come back.

Pic related: one of those non-official stories regarding trans people. This individual identifies as a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
>>
>>5595986
*Zaps to the extreme*
>>
>>5594635
nothing to understand trannies are disgusting
>>
it is not hard to understand at all, it is just a lot of people don't want to understand and want to make fun of trans people.

the great, so hard to understand mystery: trans people really are the gender they say they are, the fact that their bodies differ is just another form of birth defect or more accurately,a commonly occurring variation of human sexual development.

isn't that hard to understand?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.