[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acting 'gay' makes it harder for homosexuality to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: OH.jpg (166KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
OH.jpg
166KB, 1200x675px
Acting 'gay' makes it harder for homosexuality to be accepted by society.

I sincerely hope you fellow gay anons don't put on a high pitched voice with a forced lisp. Acting sassy and perky only singles us out as weirdos and sets things back.

Just be a normal person who happens to like the same sex. Same thing with lesbians, just because you're lesbian doesn't mean you have to start getting a short haircut and dying your hair
>>
>>5583099

Do gay men actually make themselves sound gay on purpose? I thought it was a natural thing they do involuntarily, like how most women have speech patterns that are more expressive and girly compared to men.
>>
>>5583099
>not being a prancy lisping fruitbowl
At least then you're being honest about it, love.

Seeing someone acting respectable and normie while cucking their husband with "vacations" and "family visits" is worse tbph.
>>
>>5583114
http://oddshot.tv/shot/showdownsmash-2016011723566935

Sky williams sounds like a normal fucking person in the first bit of the video, but whenever he's making slight innuendos that he's gay (which he does A LOT) he suddenly grabs this perky, sassy weird voice with a slight lisp. It's bullshit.

I hate how 'gay' has effectively turned into 'sassy lisp and likes it up the ass by a dude'

Another caster there sounds like a normal fucking human being and doesn't mention 24/7 that's he gay, if at all. He just casts the tournament
>>
>>5583127
>not just being open and normal with your significant other

>>>/r9k/

it's easier than ever to be gay if you're in a city
>>
>>5583114
Nah, some gays legitimately make their voices sound higher - some on purpose, some subconsciously.

You have a lot of control over your voice, I mean... you can't go from sounding like a squeaky toy to one that sounds like some exceptionally deep voice that vibrates entire rooms. But you can slur your words less, not use vocal fry, talk slower, etc. Friend is a vocal coach and what you can do to voices is fuckin' neat.
>>
>>5583140

>vocal fry

I hate how they gave a name to not wanting to be loud and expressive with your voice. I sound like that and before it got a label it was ok to be that way but now it's been named and I'm not supposed to talk like that anymore.
>>
>>5583099
Yes, but part of what the LGBT movement is fighting for is freedom of self expression. Doing the whole "acting straight for acceptance" really only makes any kind of sense in areas where the fight for gay rights is just beginning and you can't afford to push your luck. But if the movement stops at "it's okay to fuck guys as long as you act straight", it's really an incomplete victory.
>>
>>5583161
>it's okay to fuck guys as long as you act straight

you mean act normal? since when does me being attracted to males and masculinity make me have to dress up like a peacock, and when does it mean I have to jump a couple of octaves in my voice?

This fruity shit needs to go. People should be fruity if they are fruity, not if they're gay. Putting on a high falsetto and wearing high heels only serves to alienate us from society. we HAVE to stand out, we can't just be normal people with normal lives
>>
>>5583158
What? You may be misunderstanding vocal fry. It's when you sound like a kardashian and it damages your vocals. It was never OK, it was always made fun of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEqVgtLQ7qM
>>
>>5583114
I always thought it was the result of a lot of deepthroating.
>>
>>5583217

No, I get it. I'm just really tired most of the time and my voice sounds like that because that's the laziest way to talk.
>>
>>5583237
DESU sleepy voices differ quite a lot from vocal fry. Unless you also elongate your words for some reason.
>>
>>5583183
>make me
its not about you, why are feminine gay men such a threat to you. just cause someone else is like that doesn't mean you're forced too. most gay people who act like that just are like that.
>>
>>5583183
No one's saying you HAVE to, just that those who are like that are part of the acceptance that's being fought for.
>>
>>5583183
Seethe a bit hunty.

Straight acting and gay-acting as you put it are both performative expressions of gender.
>>
>>5583316
It's dumb because homosexuality is used as a shield against criticism for inappropriate and awkward behavior.

Are you talking in a high voice with a lisp for literally no reason? Well I'm gay so you can't say that or else you're homophobic!

>>5583278
>why are feminine gay men such a threat to you

its not about feminine gay men, its about fuckers purposely putting that shit on like a mask when they could just talk normally. If they're like that already, then fine. But people like Sky williams act really weird whenever it comes to their sexuality, like they're normal 99% of the time until the fact that they are indeed gay comes up
>>
>>5583357
So talking in a high voice is "inappropriate" and should be banned? Part of the right of freedom of self expression is that you don't need an explicit reason to "justify" it. As long as it's not hurting anyone, it should be allowed.
>>
>>5583379
>so talking in a high voice is inappropriate and should be banned?
>banned

don't put words in my mouth, I never said that.

For your other point, talking weirdly or differently for the sake of differentiating yourself and bringing attention to your sexuality is what an asshat does.

Big masculine bros who constantly brag about banging hot chicks are regarded as douchebags and asshats. You are no different for acting like a complete fag
>>
>>5583217
Shit, I think I do that.
I think it has to do with the fact that I purposefully lowered my voice since people look down on girls with high voices. Shit. I don't know what normal sounds like anymore.
>>
>>5583237
>It has a label now so it's not OK anymore.
Again, it was never OK. Lift your voice you lazy cock.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.