[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on jokes pertaining to LGBTQ topics? Particularly those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: billburr1.jpg (233KB, 970x761px) Image search: [Google]
billburr1.jpg
233KB, 970x761px
Opinions on jokes pertaining to LGBTQ topics? Particularly those at the expense of those who identify as such?

Personally I think there are two types of people in this world. Those who can and cannot take a joke, and it seems now more than ever that there's some crybaby somewhere who is essentially telling an artist how to create.

As far as SJW philosophy goes, it can be childish, it can be vindictive, it can be absurd, and it can even be prejudiced. However, for the most part, I think the intentions are good, which is why I have such frustration with people who get offended in comedy clubs. In my opinion the power to laugh at yourself makes you stronger person. If you can't poke fun at your flaws or at the very least recognize how you are viewed, then you're delusional and prudish.. right?

So when you hear a joke about LGTBQ communities, where do you draw the line? Will you laugh at a retard, short person, fat, stupid, racist or tall person joke? How about blind people? How about a person falling? Do you selfishly draw the line at what effects you, or are you able to be mocked and laugh with us all?
>>
PC culture is effectively genociding the art of Standup.

Their are like two funny female comedians on the face of this planet. The rest have jokes that are basically an SJW's guide to the galaxy.
>>
>>5572800
It's just fucking words, unless it's personally directed at me or spreading misinformation I don't care.
>>
I think there are two kinds of people who make fun of me. Those that are dead, and those that should be.
>>
>>5572800
>tips
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knIroVvPZU4
>>
It's ok to joke about ANYTHING.
Remember, you need to follow the only rule of jokes:
Funny=(Delivery+Context)^2+WordChoice
>>
>>5574043
you're a stupid ass retarded faggot piece of shit that deserves to die.
>>
It's okay to joke about anything and everything but when you flop on a offensive joke it can come off like your just a fucking asshole. If your going to make a joke at the expense of a minority group at least make it good.
>>
>>5572800
>makes fun of repressed minorities
>kek! you should learn to accept your flaws!

>minorities point out his faults
>Damn you crybabies stop censuring meeee

if you have to resort to racism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc. to be funny then you should simply kill yourself.
>>
>>5577564
No, but I would string you up by your testicles and then cut them off and feed them to you, and then kill you.
>>
I don't think there's a joke created that won't offend someone. I think the question we have to ask ourselves is, is this joke meant to make a mockery of or hurt the subject of the joke, or is it meant to try to be funny and just happens to be a bit distasteful. Timing and location is important, too.

I'm going into a medical profession, and one of the things I'm learning is that this shit is dark. I've heard a couple of jokes that many would consider to be in extremely poor taste. It's how I, and my coworkers, cope with a dark job. I understand that humor is a huge coping mechanism for people, and so I'm a little more understanding than most with jokes.

But there's a key difference between "What's the difference between a feminist and a good girlfriend? Getting laid" and "What's the difference between a feminist and a good girlfriend? A little powder in her drink.", and that difference is one of them is meant to disparage the subject of the joke, and one of them is meant to just stir things up a little bit. It's a subtle difference between a love tap and a punch to the shoulder, and any good comedian knows that line, and knows what jokes to tell where.
>>
>>5572800
>[jokes] at the expense of those who identify as such
This idea is complete bullshit. Actively bullying someone is bad for obvious reasons, but other than that joke about whatever you want.
>>
>>5578392
Shut up you worthless pedophile.
>>
>>5578438

Huh. Did Tumblr follow me here? How odd.
>>
File: 1452326059746.jpg (41KB, 599x577px) Image search: [Google]
1452326059746.jpg
41KB, 599x577px
>>5572800
>LGBTQ
>Q
>being an oversensitive faggot
>>
>>5578226

>implying that being censored is the same as being offended
>saying to kill yourself if you make a joke that might hurt someone's feelings

Spotted the SJW. You're not on Tumblr, you cry-bully phaggot.
>>
>>5573119
Women are not funny because of female privilege. We only laugh at strife and misfortune. You will find all comedians joke about is how bad their life is, but female privilege prevents women from having a bad time.
>>
>>5583917
if you are a minority your ENTIRE LIFE is censored, and on top of that people makes fun of you and tells you to accept it.

Also
>not getting banter

spotted the autist
>>
>>5572800
>Opinions on jokes pertaining to LGBTQ topics
Trans jokes are terrible, because they always just comes down to "lol a tranny xD".

>Personally I think there are two types of people in this world. Those who can and cannot take a joke
More like, there are two types of people. Those who have humor, and those who laugh at equivalents to fart jokes.
>>
>>5588452
>if you are a minority your ENTIRE LIFE is censored,

nice ressentiment

no wonder your race was overshadowed by whites, all you know how to do is fucking whine
>>
>>5578392
the "getting laid" one was kinda funny
the "powder" one was dumb and didn't even really make sense... unless it was supposed to be a meta-joke where you are making fun of yourself for not being able to tell a decent joke and even then it was still kinda dumb.
>>
File: jennerstares.jpg (4KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
jennerstares.jpg
4KB, 250x140px
>>5588470
>>
File: image.jpg (377KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377KB, 1920x1200px
>>5572800
I think that everyday people like low level stand ups can and should make jokes about anything they want, whether it be a really mean spirited tranny joke or a tasteless "I hope every gay dies of AIDS" thinly put as a joke. They'll sink or rise depending on whether people actually get offended.
However, big time celebrities are a little different. Sure, still make tranny jokes or whatever, but try to be a little more accommodating. I think South Park does it perfectly with the cissy one or the Caitlin Jenner one, where they make good comedy but avoid actually putting down trans people for being trans. Of course, if someone actually wants to do that, let them and let society figure out what to do with them, because it's not my right to stop what someone else is saying because of my fee fees.
>>
>>5572800
I mean it depends on how mean spirited the joke is.
Basically it depends on how much the target is allowed in on the laugh. If its making fun of a gay guy, but in a way that lets him accept that yeah its funny if he has a thick enough skin, then its ok.

But if its more like "Faggots am I right?" sort of thing where its clearly meant to demean the target, then Id say thats too far.
>>
Whenever a straight person insults me for being gay, I insult them for being straight.

Maybe if I ever meet one that laughs when I say that they produce worthless balls of pus by rubbing their genitals together, grunt meaningless sounds all the time, and stink like hot garbage, then I'll be able to get along with that good straight person who has a sense of humor. But I haven't met one that laughs at my jokes. I've met some that cry, and some that get uppity, but none that think that's funny. They're so boring.
>>
>>5572800
if it's funny, it's fine

>>5574043
damn, now that's edgy
>>
>>5589999
>if it's funny, it's fine

But that's the catch, isn't it? I've never heard a funny gay joke. I'm over 30 years old, and I've yet to ever hear a funny gay joke.

On the other hand, I've heard lots and lots of straight jokes, but the straight people keep lying and not laughing because they refuse to be honest about what's funny. It's one of the main reasons I hate all straight people.
>>
>>5577601
i agree with this
>>
>>5572800
Dont use the q. It feeds the sjws. In fact, dont use the t either
>>
>>5590016
oh the irony
>>
>>5588452
>if you're a minority your ENTIRE LIFE is censored
Whites aren't the ones with the free pass to use the n word.
>>
>>5588452
Blacks and other minorities may have some disadvantages, but being censored is certainly not one of them
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.