[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me, born female >has felt bouts of dysphoria which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

>be me, born female
>has felt bouts of dysphoria which seem to have left me
>has had dreams where I have a dick and am dressed masculine
>has trained my already low voice down so I can sound more androgynous
>prefers to have short hair and a gender neutral appearance so no one can tell what's in my pants

I've been reading up on "nonbinary" and "genderqueer" stuff and can't figure out if its even a real thing. If it was, I guess thats what I'd be but jfc i wish I wasnt this confused.

how fucked up am I?
>>
You're the opposite of an AGP male. You're an AAP girl. Congrats, you have the sexuality of a tranny.
>>
>>5564089
What do those mean?
>>
File: 3EfUhLV.jpg (102KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
3EfUhLV.jpg
102KB, 540x720px
do you feel good by being who you are right now? if you are then just keep doing what youre doing. if not then talk to a therapist maybe?

>>5564096
theyre shitposting
>>
>>5564096
Autogynephilia- Aroused when thinking on oneself as a woman.

Autoandrophilia- Arousal when thinking of oneself as a man
>>
>>5564118
I just got a buzzed hair cut for the first time (number five clipper on top, number two on the sides) and I love it, its the first time I've ever truly felt as androgynous as I want to look. But I just don't feel I'm completely a girl.

I really wish I could find some proof that non-binary is a real thing outside of tumblr because that describes how I'm feeling and thinking of myself. A lot of people on this board seem to be against it tho.
>>
>>5564072
There's nothing wrong with wanting to be andro. The labels are a bit silly imo.
>>
>>5564162
Why do you need proof that non binary people exist? Indulge me.
>>
>>5564089
they never said anything about their sexuality shut the fuck up
>>
>>5564173
I think so too, I don't subscribe to the idea of "gender is a social construct" because I feel it alienates (binary) trans and cis people, like their identities don't fucking matter because "lolnope social construct, sorry!"

Besides if gender were really a construct, wouldn't we have abolished it by now like we did old-time gender roles? Would we even be having this discussion right now? There would be no assumed "binary"
>>
>>5564162
Non binary is a thing because, well, gender identity works in a spectrum.
Don't worry much about it, just do whatever makes you comfortable.
>>
>>5564162
just be who you are, in the end it doesnt really matter if something "exists" or not. scientifically, the whole non binary thing hasnt really been looked at. its cool that youre doing things which make you feel better as a person. if you ever feel like its not enough you can always see a therapist and look into hrt though its a lifelong process to you have to be completely sure.
>>
>>5564179
Because a majority of it comes from kids on tumblr and most of what I've read and watched about it seems to me like feel-good fluffiness rather than science and biology to back it up. I've seen valid arguement for and against it being a thing, but I remain neutral in my stance for the time being.

I really want to believe non-binary is real but a lot of tumblr kids make it look like some edgy trend to not identify with the gender on your birth certificate...that doesn't sit right with me
>>
>>5564072
Probably autism, or you're bored and want to try something "exciting".

Non-binary and genderqueer aren't real things.
>>
>>5564210
I still feel I need to research on it more. But thank you!
>>
>>5564217
I hope it gets researched by the scientific community soon. but thanks!
>>
>>5564210
nonbinary is not a thing, and gender identity doesn't work on a spectrum.

Either you want to be female, or you want to be male. There's no 3rd gender, and there aren't really any inbetweens, since deformations and such doesn't count.
>>
>>5564260
While that could be true, that doesn't explain people who have dysphoria that fluctuates or isnt specific towards one single gender. Thats another part of it I'm stuck on
>>
>>5564072
I used to be in your position pretty much (my dysphoria never really went away, I just got better at managing/ignoring it). I transitioned to male and am much happier with my body and appearance now.

I never felt like "a man trapped in a woman's body" so for a long time I thought that meant I wasn't trans. But I'm definitely trans... I feel more comfortable in a male body and male presentation, and being/looking male eliminates my dysphoria. That means I'm a man. You don't have to "feel like" a man in order to be FTM.

Not saying that's necessarily what's holding you back... but I see a lot of my own process in what you're describing here and that's definitely what was holding me back when I was questioning.
>>
>>5564299
interesting take on it. Thank you for sharing!
>>
I know how you feel. Born female, too, still have bouts of dysphoria, try to look as androgynous as possible (my body and voice do not allow much, but I'm trying), don't mind being called a woman or wearing feminine clothes yet wish my body would be different, not having a dick when it has to be there is painful. I thought about the non-binary genders, but unless they are somewhat accepted and seen as a real deal in society I will just live as female and do what makes me comfortable, maybe think about seeing a therapist if my dysphoria gets worse.
>>
>>5564362
If i end up concluding that I'm "non-binary"I probably will just keep it to myself in case its not widely accepted. I dont care to be accepted, I don't expect for people to except me, and I don't need other people's acceptance. my reason for wanting to know if non-binary is real is because I don't want (binary) trans folk to think I am making a mockery of them in case its not real. I care deeply for my trans friends, I would never want to hurt them.
>>
>>5564407
Me neither. I have a close trans friend who believes in non-binary genders, and he encouraged me to accept myself as non-binary. Still, I try not to bring this up if I don't know how people might react, because yeah, someone might feel disrespected, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm not even sure if it's a real thing, myself, but what I feel like seems to fit the description.
>>
>>5564436
holy shit dude thats exactly how I feel. i feel that I fit the description too.
>>
>>5564229
OK. I'll play along.

It appears that there is a neurological component in gender identity. There's a vague idea of how that comes to pass, and an indicator that surfaces in fully-matured brains, but the details are still pretty few in number.

Knowing what you know about biological processes, would you find it credible if someone informed you that this process always perfectly and uniformly produces one of two unambiguously distinct results?

People make such claims about biology regularly. They're not right.
>>
>>5564162
If I tell you I am a nonbinary, transqueer or whatever will it change the way you feel?
No
You don't have to "believe" anything or anyone, a term is just a term
I'm a cis lesbian and use to not believe my orientation was legit because I thought lesbians didn't exist, I felt sexual attraction yet I didn't believe myself, looking back at it I realise that was absolutely dumb
>A lot of people on this board seem to be against it tho.
To sum it up people on this site are against anything but their own asses (except transexuals, they are also against their own asses)
It's obvious you worry a lot about how people perceive you, so you must be a teenager, you're shaping yourself right now so it'll sort itself out eventually don't worry
>>
>>5564072
As a baby you learned the difference between men and women before you learned how to understand language.
You thought you were a boy, until you started learning to speak and people called you a girl.

>You thought you would be treated like a boy.
>People keep treating you like a girl.
>You start dressing/acting more like a boy
>You keep thinking you are a dude.

Am I right dude?
>>
>>5564072
>bouts of dysphoria
It tends to come in waves for me. I remember, for example, I was around 15- had really bad dysphoria and didn't shower for weeks at a time. Then, it just stopped- no dysphoria for six months, I forget about dysphoria even being a thing and convince myself i'm crazy as opposed to trans. Usually, for me, dysphoria comes out more the more stress I have to endure/ if I am having mental health problems it gets worse.

> dreams where I have a dick and am dressed masculine
I consider that a sign, at least for me, that I must be ftm

>trained my already low voice down so I can sound more androgynous
>short hair and a gender neutral appearance

You can ID as non-binary. You're obviously transgender because you have dysphoria, if you don't want to fit into the male/female box that's fine, there are expectations of both genders that people mentally associate to other people. Non binary is just a label stating "I do not perform gender or adhere by traditional gender roles or standards" + "am possibly dysphoric trans". People ID as it who are not trans whatsoever, those people are obnoxious.
But the thing is, you can still ID as ftm and not adhere to gender roles or standards. You can interpret gender labels however you want, masculinity is the state of being masculine as constructed by men. All of these fad neo genders enforce that masculinity/femininity are quantifiable lables that have rules and standards, and anyone who falls short of these requirements is sent to the third gender category. Gender is much more fluid than this neo gender system dictates.

What really matters here is your mental health and wellbeing, OP. Perhaps seek out a gender therapist or read books and internet resources on gender and queer theory. If you think you might be "transgender" (which you are I think because you have dysphoria) It might even be worth having people recognize you as non binary and neutral pronouns if that makes you more comfortable.
>>
>>5564709
>screenshots this

This is actually the best answer I've ever gotten on this topic. Thank you Anon!!
>>
>>5564696
>You thought you were a boy before you even spoke
How can a baby understand the difference between being a male and a female without even being able to word his thoughts?
>>
>>5564072
If you could live as a male full-time, would you do so?
>>
>>5565009
I'm not quite sure as of right now.
>>
If you could take a magic pill and you would turn into a man forever, would you? No one would ever know you did this.
>>
>>5564072

OP don't worry about that stuff, just be reasonable and flirt with whoever you want to flirt with and for god's sake eat right and stay in shape

and if this goofiness gets really intense in some way then talk about it with somebody you think you can trust, and who you have MET IN PERSON (unlike us fools and trolls on 4chan) or at least spoken with on the phone
>>
>>5564072
You're trans. Gender queer has no basis in science or reality.
>>
>>5564813
>How can a baby understand the difference between being a male and a female without even being able to word his thoughts?
I dunno, depends how you were raised.
>>
>>5565286
Gender has no basis in science or reality.
Sexuality has no basis in science or reality either.
>>
>>5565641
Except they both do.
>>
>>5565792
What evidence do you have to support your claim?
I don't believe such things exist, and unless you've actually done some science and able to produce some repeatable results I'm not going to believe your claims.
>>
>>5565933
It's been known for like 20-30 years now?

I'm not gonna bother pasting links to such old research.
>>
File: Kaylas face apparently 75613.jpg (133KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kaylas face apparently 75613.jpg
133KB, 450x360px
Just be a normal guy instead of a retard.
>>
>>5564742
>>5564742
No problem. I have gone through similar mindfuck regarding gender id label bullshit.

I should probably also note if you didn't realize this previously: check your sources when it comes to transgender theory, especially if you're just using google. Most of the "non binary resources" online are run by actual autistic people, their social analysis are often quite stereotyped. Tumblr gender culture & truscum are both extremes that both sort of miss the point.

Unrelated yet related to the issues of identity politics; there is a cultural movement that has been in the works for many years... part of the transhumanist movement. Read this essay: http://ieet.org/archive/IEET-03-PostGender.pdf
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.