[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on the entire 'down with cis' thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_inline_ms0oc6PiMM1qz4rgp.gif (674KB, 414x317px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ms0oc6PiMM1qz4rgp.gif
674KB, 414x317px
thoughts on the entire 'down with cis' thing?
>>
Down with cis scum!
>>
>>5557270
It was pretty funny at first to mock the outrageous and completely unrealistic story behind the phrase in the first place but genderspecials beat it into the ground
>>
>>5557270
It's pretty fucking stupid
>>
I swear to fucking god this one person in a group I go to won't shut the fuck up about it and always stutters. Are they even on meds I wonder because they still look the same 10 months after.
>>
>>5557270
Every person I've ever heard that's said something like "down with cis" has been some kinda 'demigirl' or 'bigenderfluid queer".

You know, cis people who think they're special snowflakes.

So basically, the "down with cis" meme is just cis people criticizing themselves.
>>
>>5557270
Down with SITH

join the jedi army
>>
It's retarded and the trans camp is pissing off mega people with it.
>>
I think gender on the whole is really dumb. Creating mandatory social roles for people based on their biology is unfair for one and I don't think it's good for anyone. When people say toxic masculinity they don't mean it's toxic for the people around them, what they really mean is that those ideologies are like brain poison and they kill a part of the man's soul in a way by disconnecting them from their emotions and ability to connect with others.
>>
>>5557270
I'm a DFAB gender queer non binary demigirl who just happens to only like guys, down with ciscum!
>>
>>5564320
why would i join the pussys that have to repress any feelings and fun when i can join the sith and just fuck around?
>>
>>5567422
>mega people
who is mega people and why should i care about what he thinks?
>>
It's fucking stupid, it's just an easy target for special snowflakes to piss all over
>>
>>5557270
Sounds the same as allahu akbar to me.
>>
>>5567452
ugh I'm a fucking transgirl and even I think the idea of toxic masculinity is dumb, it also completely ignores the fact that transboys and masculine girls exist

there's nothing wrong with people who don't conform to gender roles, but there's nothing wrong with people who do either. there's nothing inherently bad about masculine traits, just like there's nothing inherently bad about feminine traits. different people have different personality types, and that's okay. just don't try to force other people to act the same way as you, or the way you think people of their sex/gender should act.
>>
>>5557270
also 'down with cis' is fucking retarded, way to alienate yourselves from 99.7% of population, I'm sure that's a great fucking way to further your cause

I swear these SJW idiots do almost as much to hurt LGBT causes as the actual homophobes and transphobes do
>>
>>5557270
I've beat the shit out of actual straight people for acting too straight, and attempted to kill two or three. I don't want to hear some Starbucks sipping motherfuckers try to dank a meaningless meme. Especially not when they're actually just straight cis trolls who sip Starbucks and try to dank memes.
>>
File: CXUMDnuW8AIxxRf.png (524KB, 599x698px) Image search: [Google]
CXUMDnuW8AIxxRf.png
524KB, 599x698px
>>5568635
>almost as much
Kek. Far more.
>>
>>5568643
Yeah, I was gonna say that at least SJWs haven't tried to legally restrict our rights... but then I remembered that radical feminists actually support anti-trans legislation right alongside conservatives
>>
>>5557270
Down with Pingu
>>
>>5557270
It was funny at first till the special snowflakes took it to a whole new level. Also made all the cispeople think thats what -all- transpeople are like.
>>
>>5568632
>[toxic masculinity] also completely ignores the fact that transboys and masculine girls exist
How exactly? Toxic masculinity doesn't say you can't be AFAB and masculine, it's more about society's attitudes towards masculinity.
>>
>>5568646
"SJW" usually refers to people who are pro-trans. And TERFs seem to have pretty conservative attitudes in general, despite calling themselves feminists.
>>
>>5558924

It's cis people trying to seperate themselves out from being cis, because their circle of friends has them convinced that being cis is boring and wrong

I swear, it's always the same 10-15 people starting this shit, too. Everyone else just goes along with it.
>>
File: PinguTheThing.png (782KB, 1272x672px) Image search: [Google]
PinguTheThing.png
782KB, 1272x672px
>>5569896
>Down with Pingu
>>
>the world would be better if everyone I didnt agree with was dead!
fucking facists I swear
>>
>>5557270
The point of it is to make cispeople get a small taste of what it feels like to be treated like shit the way transpeople are. And by the reactions it gets it seems to be working.
>>
>>5571263
fucking where??
>>
>>5571263
>>
>>5570952
Because it still says there's a problem with masculine behaviors in general. I've never been a masculine person at all, even back when I still identified as male, but that's a ridiculous attitude to take. I know transmen and masculine cis women and masculine cis men, and masculinity has been as natural for them as femininity has been for me.

The only problem with masculine traits is that men are unfairly socially pressured to have those traits, just like the only problem with feminine traits is that women are unfairly socially pressured to have them. It's not the attitudes themselves that are the problem, or even their (IMO fairly arbitrary) association with a specific sex/gender, but the idea that everyone within that sex/gender needs to conform to them.

And no, 'toxic masculinity' doesn't just refers to the social pressure for men to display masculine traits. If it did, how come no one ever talks about 'toxic femininity', even though the social pressure for women to display feminine traits is just as strong and potentially harmful?

>>5570968
>th-they're not real feminists!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
>>
File: 1427792754076.jpg (372KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1427792754076.jpg
372KB, 1000x1600px
>>5568637
Wow thats the edgiest thing I think I've ever heard. Good job man! Keep it up maybe they'll throw you in prison and you can try to kill all the cis men in there before they rape your asshole inside out.
>>
>>5570968
More like anti-trans. I swear, every SJW ever has hated that I'm a binary transsexual, and told me every time that I should be happy in my own body, and not let the "cistem" get to me.

Fucking hell, SJWs are worse than regular transphobes, because at least transphobes make it obvious how shit they are.
>>
>>5571309
>Because it still says there's a problem with masculine behaviors in general. I've never been a masculine person at all, even back when I still identified as male, but that's a ridiculous attitude to take. I know transmen and masculine cis women and masculine cis men, and masculinity has been as natural for them as femininity has been for me.
Sure, that's how some people interpret toxic masculinity. The "anti-masculinity" attitude seems to be pretty common in the social justice community. But that's not the only definition of toxic masculinity that's used, others use it to refer to the idea that to be masculine you must be aggressive, competitive, sometimes even violent, and the idea that men who fail to meet the standards of masculinity deserve to be shamed.

>If it did, how come no one ever talks about 'toxic femininity', even though the social pressure for women to display feminine traits is just as strong and potentially harmful?
I think to a large extent it's because that was addressed before the term "toxic masculinity" arose. As I understand it, the idea that women are forced into restrictive gender roles is one of the main focuses of 2nd wave radical feminism. Toxic masculinity seems to be mainly a third wave notion explaining how restrictive gender roles also harm men. Though calling it toxic masculinity may not be the best term, because as you point it it makes it sound like the problem is with masculinity itself.

>>5571309
>th-they're not real feminists!
I didn't exactly say that. No true Scotsman arguments aren't even really applicable to feminism, since there's so many different branches of it. I merely meant that their attitudes differ strongly from other branches of feminism, even some forms of radical feminism.
>>
>>5571283
Working how? Fighting bigotry and discrimination with bigotry and discrimination?

Imagine during the civil rights movement blacks started lynching whites and hanging them from trees.

>ok
>>
>>5571389
They almost did at a James Brown show
>>
>>5571389
Have you never heard of the Black Panther Party?
>>
>>5571401
Yep.
And there were blacks against their tactics, as I'm sure the Black Panthers were against the peaceful protesters.

I guess I don't know, but I'm willing to bet there more anti panther blacks.

Social Justice however is not about personal choice, it's a collective movement that's about going with the movement.
>>
>>5571369
>The "anti-masculinity" attitude seems to be pretty common in the social justice community
Then you see my problem with the term and the way it's used, and more broadly with SJWs in general.

>others use it to refer to the idea that to be masculine you must be aggressive, competitive, sometimes even violent
Even those traits aren't inherently bad. Yes, it would be bad if everyone was hyper-aggressive and hyper-competitive all the time. But society needs some aggressive and competitive people in order to function. Not to a psychopathic degree, obviously. But we would never have advanced as much as we have without ambitious, competitive, innovative risk-takers to drive progress. I'm one of the most laid back, pacifistic, "live and let live" people you'll ever meet (except maybe when it comes to internet arguments), and even I can admit that.
>>
>>5571470
>Even those traits aren't inherently bad. Yes, it would be bad if everyone was hyper-aggressive and hyper-competitive all the time
Yeah, I didn't say those TRAITS are bad, it's more the idea that they're pushed on people - and some end up thinking pointless violence is a GOOD thing, rather than being able and willing to use it when and only when it's necessary.
>>
>>5571314
You try to meme a dank about your Nazis and your trolling every day, so why aren't you afraid of going to prison? Don't you think you're projecting a little?

Oh, but you might say something like, "Yeah, but they'll never catch me, 7 proxies muhfucka!" Well, I did this shit and got away with it, so maybe that just means I've braver than you. Why don't you try to make some of your dank-a-memes a reality? Why don't you go attack a gay person, instead of worshipping pies and Morgan Freeman's voice and Japanese hentais in Nazi outfits? You're not making your Hitler proud, or your Jesus Christ.
>>
>>5571485
>and some end up thinking pointless violence is a GOOD thing, rather than being able and willing to use it when and only when it's necessary
Yes, some. A fairly small subset of the population, at that. There will always be a few people like that, regardless of gender roles. Some people are just naturally inclined to violence, some have impulse control disorders and/or an innate lack of empathy, some were just raised in shitty environments. Blaming the masculine gender role (which also emphasizes restraint and control of one's emotions) for violence seems rather baseless to me.
>>
a good idea
>>
>>5557270
SJW's being retarded
Water being wet
>>
>>5571570
Yeah I'm not saying the GENDER ROLE is the problem, it's the harmful way that some people seem to regard it. And it's different from lacking impulse control, it's impressionable people who get the idea that being violent and aggressive, on its own, is something to aspire to. It's the idea of the masculine gender role being taught WITHOUT including the parts about restraint and control.
>>
>>5571841
Alright, I'm sure that's a legitimate problem in some cases, but I don't think it's as common or as pervasive as you think. And 'toxic masculinity' is a piss poor way to describe it at any rate.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.