[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Lgbt/ and instruments!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: bass is for faggots.jpg (90KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
bass is for faggots.jpg
90KB, 750x469px
Anyone here play or want to learn an instrument?
It helps with so fucking much, if you enjoy music.

To be honest, in my case, i didn't suicided yet because it rains alot where i live. Playing music while it rains it's a fucking awesome part of life.

What instruments do you play, and wich genres do you like?

>Acoustic guitar, Drums and occasionally Vocals reporting in
> I like mainly deep, emotional music. This means classic, chillstep, or even black/death metal and its sub genres.
>>
>>5557054
you're a hipster fag
>trombone
>listen to what my dad listened to, beatles, led zeppelin, etc.
>play marches and symphonic pieces in an ensemble, hoping to learn some jazz improv
>>
>guitar bass drums PC the list goes on
>i listen to ukgarage, bubblegum pop shit, pv/hardcore, and folk mostly
>>
File: TONTO-631x354.jpg (38KB, 631x354px) Image search: [Google]
TONTO-631x354.jpg
38KB, 631x354px
Drums, guitar/bass, synths and vocals here. Also compose and program a lot of music...
>>
I tried to learn how to the play the violin but it pissed me off. Imma start learning how to play bass now
>>
Been playing the piano for about 4 or 5 years now. Tried guitar for a bit but it didn't work out, might try it again once I get my bearings again on the keyboard.

Musical tastes are somewhat diverse. Some of my favorite genres are classical, electronic dance and dj, contemporary and neo classical, alternative pop rock, and so on.
>>
>>5557266

Keep up the violin, classical instruments are dying out!
>>
Played bass years ago
Started playing again and wish I realized how good I was

I wouldn't say I really have specific genres that I like but the music that I do like is generally progressive (hue) and/or makes alternative use of instruments
>>
Guitar piano er' day. Just cuz they're so convenient and my sister is music major

I should probably touch my violin mandolin bc they haven't had it in a while

I want to play electric bass
>>
i play guitar... mostly classical
>>
Used to play piano, flute and a few others. Then drugs. Now no more drugs but I forgot everything.... Starting fresh on a brand new Washburn. I have no exp with guitars but its a lot of fun.

I'm gonna pitch my boss letting me use space and equipment to have like a jam night for people in the city. I hope he goes for it :3
>>
>>5557054
I'm a mediocre drummer and a bad guitarist.
I like Trip-Hop (Tricky, Dj Shadow, Martina,Topley Bird, massive Attack, Bjork), Synthpop (La Roux, CHVRCHES, T.swift, Studio Killers, Gorillaz) and Alternative/indie rock (Radiohead, Bloc Party, Blur, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Modest Mouse, Royal Blood). I also like NIN. So yeah, every /mu/tant ever.

>>5557266
Hi Anon357 possibly
>>
>>5557136
>learn some jazz improv

you have no soul my friend
you don't learn to improvise

mtf jazz pianist here
>>
Music is about all I do. I play trumpet, trombone, french horn, bass, bassoon, and piano on the regular, but I also can play tuba, clarinet, alto sax, and drums in a pinch. (I'm genderqueer biscum if you're looking for a demographic.)
>>
>>5557136
>you're a hipster
>plays trombone.

Fucking kek
>>
File: kek.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>5557136
>>5560662
Kek
>>
>>5559934
I like how honest you are

>Radiohead, Blur, Royal Blood
Tbh, in my opinion of course, there are awesome. Nice musical taste.

>Thread
I'm a somewhat good drummer, bad guitarrist/eletric g, bad bassist, extremely bad pianist.

I've learned these instruments just to have a "base" on how they work, so i could help a bit in my band. I only ever play these when one of the band members are sick and the song is easy.

>Taste
I like anything to be honest. I stick mostly to all kinds of rock (since grunge to trash/death), but jazz, blues, funk, classical, eletronic. Every of these got nice songs.
>>
>>5557054
I'm trying to learn piano
But it's hard to schedule lessons with work and all my appointments trying to start HRT .-.
>>
>>5557054
I love my guitar. I play a lot of Elliott Smith and Jeff Buckley when I'm feeling down.
>>
>>5557054
> Anyone here play or want to learn an instrument?

I frequently use 200, 300, and 400 MHz NMRs.
>>
>>5561807
Yeah, like Texas Instruments counts, right?
>>
>>5561818

Varian, actually.
>>
>>5561821
And how does it sound like?
>>
>>5557054

I guess I would like try violin, piano, guitar, and drums. I've barely touched my keyboard though, because fundamentals are boring and I have no teacher to pose a financial incentive to work hard. My elementary school also gave me violin classes for a year, but when the instrument music teacher (there was also a vocal teacher) asked me if I wanted another year of instruction, I said no because we didn't learn shit. I didn't know what treble, clef, staff, scale, chord, sharp, flat, stacato, legato, or etc. were. All I can remember having been taught were the names of some instruments, DoReMi, and classifications of instruments, such as strings, percussion, and wind.

As a kid, I kind of wanted to play the flute, too. Does that make me extra tranny?

I mostly listen to alternative rock; J-rock; J-pop; some slow, melancholic stuff;choral music
>>
>>5561827

The hiss of helium gas as I load a sample, followed by a small 'thunk' and the quiet, subtle hum of powerful magnets locking the spin of atomic nuclei.
>>
>>5561845
>tfw found a new genre I like
>>
>>5557054
i dabble in bass and guitar, but im not really serious with it.

i listen to a very wide range of music but my favorite era of music is the 90's
>>
>>5560573

You kind of have to, learning chord changes and note choices doesn't just come automatic. You need to practice in a group.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.