[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rejected Trans Names

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: We All Die.png (6KB, 583x80px) Image search: [Google]
We All Die.png
6KB, 583x80px
What were some of your names that you almost chose? Why did you go with something else?

I'll start. Kathryn was almost the name I went with because several authors that influenced me a lot growing up had some spelling of that name, and Kathryn was the spelling I liked the most. I ended up going with something else when I realized that a lot of people I knew personally were named Katherine, and I didn't want to have any of them thinking I named myself after them.
>>
I wouldn't give myself such an odd name.

Go for Catherine instead, then.
>>
File: tumblr_n7npqrOvRO1rdwac3o2_500.jpg (109KB, 468x396px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7npqrOvRO1rdwac3o2_500.jpg
109KB, 468x396px
Rowan. Then the fucking tumblerina sjw from my class decided she was trans (demiboy without body dysphoria of course until she read decided that mild annoyance or apathy for a body part was equal to crippling gender dysphoria) and wanted to be called Rowan and the name was ruined.
>>
>>5541808
Kathryn is the best spelling. I'm not going with any spelling for the reason I said, though. I don't need advice for my name at this point, I've already decided on one.
>>
Randall/Randal, but that was at the suggestion of my friends because 'everyone named Randall is an asshole'. I do like it, but I felt like it didn't fit as well as my chosen and more 'average' name.

>>5541821
Rowan is gaining popularity with ftms. I've seen a few.
>>
>>5541848

Ah, so it's becoming the new Aidan. Now I'm glad she spoilt it for me. It was the name my parents chose though. Oh well, I like my current name more than Rowan anyway.
>>
>>5541872
I like Rowan as a name but yeah I think it might be ready to be added to the ftm name list. I do make exceptions for some in my judgement for parents that picked the name/family names.

Also I forgot Sacha was also a close runner up. My parents WERE going to name me Sasha, but they got a dog just before I was born and they named her that. I just didn't like the masculine spelling of Sasha.
>>
>>5541848
>Randall/Randal, but that was at the suggestion of my friends because 'everyone named Randall is an asshole'

Are you an asshole?
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 800x533px
>>5541767
Dave/David, Danny/Daniel, and Joshua, all of which I still really like. However I did not go with them because at the time that I was trying to find a male name (15) I chose names from media I liked. Needless to say as I got older I grew out of wanting to be named after a Homestuck character or Danny Phantom because that would be stupid, but I still like how the names sound.

My current name wasn't really actively a choice, unless you count my unknowing 7 year old self's choice, people just shortened my longtime username and it stuck, too many people know me as that now for me to go back on it.

Even though it's not a realistic name at all

If I had to choose a name nowadays, it may be cliche but I like Draco. That may be because I'm obsessed with dragons though
>>
>>5541821
Ugh these people are the worst...
>>
>tfw I like the name Dawn but it sounds like Don
>>
File: clerks.gif (497KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
clerks.gif
497KB, 320x180px
>>5542002
It's debatable. Plus, I didn't want to be named after fictional characters we liked.
>>
>>5542070
>cliche
You're giving yourself too much credit. Draco is straight up retarded.
>>
>>5541767
I almost went with Dan, but my borderline friend named her kid after me and it was fucking weird so i switched to Nick
>>
Deacon
nerdy af
>>
>>5542641
reminds me of Queen's bassist.
>>
peter, will
seemed a bit too trans-ish. but i know a peter in real life and didn't think will fit me very well
>>
Was going to go with Emma but then I realised it sounded too normal and wouldn't alert other trans to my status so I went with May June <surname> instead.
>>
Morgan.
I still REALLY like that name! But most of my friends were like "no.... don't pick it." so I went with my second choice, Rachel (which I also like).
>white girl names

>>5541821
I know a non-binary person who goes by Rowan sometimes. Where are you from?
>>
>>5541808
I was friends with a girl named Kathryn in high school, I don't think it's that rare. I don't recall anyone ever commenting on or questioning the spelling. But I agree with you, just because I don't like the trend of putting "y" in a name to make it more unique.
>>
File: 3306.png (306KB, 392x426px) Image search: [Google]
3306.png
306KB, 392x426px
>>5541902
>giving the name you were planning on giving to your child to your dog instead
Why would you do this?
>>
Quinton... dropped it because I got over my temporary brain damage and realized it was super special snowflake. Also, this one girl at my school is named that and she's the most annoying person I've ever met, and it was ruined.
>>
I actually absolutely loved the name Remilia or Remi/Remy. I knew it was probably too odd and Touhou-nerdy to ever actually pick it as my legal name, but I really wished it wasn't that way. And well, as any lgbt LoL player knows, now that name has even more tranny baggage...
>>
File: CW8eDSCUEAASFWz.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CW8eDSCUEAASFWz.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>5544617

You mean this remilia?
>>
>>5541767
Almost all of these I rejected because my last name started with a J.

Jay
Jaiden
Jacob
James
Aiden
>>
>>5541808
>>5544085
http://www.behindthename.com/name/catherine/top
http://www.behindthename.com/name/kathryn/top
Kathryn is more common than Catherine from 1977 to 1999.
>>
I'm still waffling over a middle name. I'm just changing my first name to its masculine version, but my current middle name is very feminine and has no close male counterpart. I want to stick with a "normal" name that won't raise eyebrows. Not to hijack the thread, but what are some other names that you strongly associate with FtMs?

I might have gone with Matthew for a first name if I didn't have a neighbor with a son named Matthew. He's all growed up and out living an adult life now, but our parents are still friends. Growing up, I fucking idolized this guy. I thought he was so cool. He showed me how to start fires with a magnifying glass. He probably still is cool. I don't know. I didn't keep in touch. Anyway, I just can't bring myself to "steal" his name, even though it's a common one.
>>
Is Isaac an okay name for a 27 year old white guy? Is it too snowflake?
>>
>>5545091
I feel like a lot of you guys see very obviously snowflake names like "Draco" or "Corona" and overcorrect by thinking everything that's not the most boring and common name possible is snowflakey.

Isaac is perfectly fine.
>>
File: Touhou.full.1197627.jpg (120KB, 1026x840px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou.full.1197627.jpg
120KB, 1026x840px
>>5544676
no, this one
>>
>>5545091
Not in the top 80 seemingly, but by no accounts snowflake. In fact I know an Isaac that is precisely your age. Also, most anglicized biblical names never go too out of style.
>>
>>5545091
I like Isaac. Definitely not a snowflake name.
>>
>>5544179
Nice Tower of God reaction image.
>>
File: tipp.jpg (136KB, 540x630px) Image search: [Google]
tipp.jpg
136KB, 540x630px
I'm trying to settle on a name....

Either Just Dana/Danielle ( A female twist on my current name)

...or do I go full retard and go with Ozma? ( I have personal reason why I love this name)
>>
>>5545231
Don't do Ozma, a normal name won't raise any eyebrows.
>>
File: ozma.jpg (131KB, 569x630px) Image search: [Google]
ozma.jpg
131KB, 569x630px
>>5545231
Yeah, the more reasonable side of me knows that's the better option.

I hate people with special snowflake names... I'd hate to become one myself...
>>
>>5541767
Is Cali too snowflakey? Or maybe I should just go with Callie. Btw, I also live in California so that might affect the decision.
>>
>>5545277
Forgot to mention, if you have an exotic appearance or an accent you can probably get away with it.

>>5545336
I'd go with Callie, I've never seen Cali as anything but a shortening of California. While I've never heard the name, it doesn't really sound odd, but I feel like you'd just get people associating it with California before they see it spelled out. It sounds cute but I don't think it'd work well.
>>
>>5545355
Cool, thanks! My worst fear is to have a snowflakey name
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.