[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just do not understand why a man would want to contract th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: HIV-copy[1].jpg (31KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
HIV-copy[1].jpg
31KB, 300x162px
I just do not understand why a man would want to contract the H.I.V. virus when this disease will shorten their lifespan.

There is even a sub-reddit (/r/bugchasing) and I'm sure a few chan websites dedicated to this fetish.

Please help me understand the appeal of bugchasing.

Why would a healthy man want to get Aids?

Also, this song is catchy.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1sIqI91ckYf
>>
>>5540760
its essentially a non-death sentence nowadays..
but you still get full government free moolah.

not only that, but there's an entire population of HIV+ gays that you can immediately access when you get the aids. kinda like a DLC
>>
>>5540763
>its essentially a non-death sentence nowadays..
When did we find a cure?
>>
>>5540782
CRISPR is very promising.
>>
>>5540760
There are fetishes for everything.
>>
>>5540763
HIV/AIDS

>cannot be cured
>WILL kill you eventually
>medication costs outrageous prices
>God help you if you don't have health insurance

I don't understand why a virus that has killed millions of people and will kill tens of millions more isn't treated like what it is... a deadly pandemic. Intentionally spreading that shit, with consent of the recipient or not, should be a felony.
>>
>>5542132
because bareback is fun :c
>>
>>5540760
Maybe they invest in pharmaceuticals. If you say invest in a company like Gilead and the government pays for your meds your overall net profit is positive plus you're contributing to future pharmaceutical developments.
It's kind of like a bizarre wealth distribution in a sense.
>>
>>5540782

Your past tense is very important here, as it's the tell which shows that you don't know what you're talking about.

We didn't find a cure, we found a /treatment/, and there have been incremental improvements since. But no cure.

I will admit to not knowing all the details OTTOMH, but at some point in the early-mid 90s, they got something called "anti-retro-viral therapy" or a similar phrase, to the point where the pozzed could go on living. It keeps the virus under control and from killing you outright, although of course an infected person is permanently compromised and I'm sure someone could spend a day talking about comorbidity, opportunistic infections etc. This breakthrough is what changed AIDS from its INSTANT DEATH status/stigma during the 80s, to our BIG BUMMER conception of it today. There was another drug from this era known as AZT, but I'm not clear on whether that's related directly to the above.

Recently, PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) has become available in emergency rooms for people who are concerned that they have been exposed/may have been pozzed up. But you MUST receive it within 72 hours of the exposure, otherwise if you were in fact infected, you're screwed. Even more recently, PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) has been shown to be 100% effective in human trials, IIRC. I don't know whether these treatments are pills, shots, or what. I'll let some other anon comment if they want. Basically if you get on PrEP BEFORE anything happens, that's the best thing to be on.

In one sense, the above life-extension of the pozzed, short of an outright cure, is unfortunate in the sense that we all know perfectly well that there are gift givers, whose, er, gift just keeps on giving. I'm also disturbed that PC culture is lifting the lifetime ban on known MSMs giving blood in the USA. It WILL poz up a few unsuspecting straight people in the next five years or so as the blood supply is tainted, mark my fucking words. And then they'll have to revisit.
>>
>>5543447
I'm pretty sure that anon was being sarcastic.
>>
because i didnt care and wanted to die. damnit
>>
>>5543616

That did occur to me while I was writing, but I was pulling together information so I thought I'd keep going. Also the post >>5540782 in its whole can be read as the author inferring that no-death-sentence-anymore=cured, and the greentext suggests that the no-death-sentence part is news to them. So to me, the overall post suggests actual lack of knowledge as opposed to sarcasm. But then, it is possible that I am being rused.

In anonymous text conversations without benefit of voice or body language, people regularly overestimate their own ability to discern (or convey) sarcasm; worse, if you correctly point this out to someone, especially in forum such as this one, a likely response is that they'll (wrongly) throw it back in your face a la "naw man just because you're autistic doesn't mean I am" or similar. This is a mix of two things: people don't want to think of themselves as autists, and they are naturally repulsed at the notion that they're not as good at something as they think they are, so they have to avoid that conclusion as simply and efficiently as possible.

After a few minutes of searching I was finally able to cherry-pick an article good enough to fit my above frame:

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3036748/evidence/why-its-so-hard-to-detect-emotion-in-emails-and-texts

I know they've done other stuff on this though.

tl;dr normies are not as good at detecting sarcasm as they think they are. And although that's a good possibility in this case, the only way we'd really know is if the person (purported to) reply.
>>
>>5544027
> can't detect sarcasm

lol retard
>>
>>5545903

;^)
>>
>>5545903
>2016
Doesn't realize sarcasm is culture dependent.
>>
>>5548817
Nice madpost.
>>
File: 134138690664.jpg (53KB, 303x312px) Image search: [Google]
134138690664.jpg
53KB, 303x312px
>>5540760

It's a fetish.

Really, there are a lot of things in this world that cease to be so strange when you come to appreciate them for what they are: a fetish. And frankly, they only ever become strange again when someone starts trying to rationalize it as something that's somehow Perfectly Normal.
>>
It is fantasy. I put it in the same category as vore. But I don't run around asking "don't straight people know getting shrunken down and eaten will reduce their lifespan?!"
>>
>>5540760
Dont worry. Youre allowed to donate blood now. Everyone will get it.
>>
>>5542132
I think it is in new york. Knowingly, without the partners consent
>>
>>5550412
I don't know about you, but long before I started traveling the world at 16 I understood sarcasm was culture dependent. It didn't take the internet to show me that. I could see it in the British vs. American shows on public TV.

>>5550998
Not realizing that the majority of people with AIDS/HIV already had no barriers to their donating blood products. With the blood tests used, there is little chance of an infected pint to getting through the system.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.