[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I come out to my homophobic parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Damnit bubby.png (126KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
Damnit bubby.png
126KB, 500x366px
How should I come out to my homophobic parents?
>>
>>5538577
>How should I come out to my homophobic parents?
Nice dubs
Anyway, I would.
>>
>>5538577
yes
make them cry
>>
>>5538597
OP here

Father would absolutely kick my ass
>>
>>5538587
Is it really worth it?
>>
Only do so if you feel safe doing so. If you know that they will disown you and/or act physically abusive, you probably shouldn't.

You could get your own place and write them a letter. Obviously don't tell them where you live.
>>
>>5538577
At gunpoint.
>>
>>5539337
>You could get your own place and write them a letter. Obviously don't tell them where you live.
This if you dont feel it is safe.
>>
>>5539337
Agreed. It's not worth it if your life will be a living hell or ended when you tell them. Being out is great in many ways, but being dead or homeless isn't.
>>
>>5539351
underrated post
>>
Wait till financial independence
>>
When you are leaving the house just mention you are gay. Let them stew while youre out. Also be prepared for their potential freakout.
>>
>>5538609
So kick his ass first.
>>
If I was in your situation, move out and try to become independent before you tell your parents. They'll probably react negatively at first, but give them a while. If they're still giving you shit after like six months, you should just avoid them.

My parents are accepting, but some of my extended family are very homophobic and religious. It's a complicated situation, but I feel like if they treat me in a way I don't think is acceptable, I will walk away for good. They have no power over me and it seems so pointless to argue over whether I should have a different sexual orientation or whether I should keep it a secret or whether I should commit myself to lifelong celibacy. I just want to live a straightforward life just like my friends do.

>>5538609
If you think he's going to physically attack you, that's against the law. Maybe videotape it or something, IDK.
>>
>>5538577
>>5538609
If there's a threat of violence, move out first. If you're gonna do this face to face, have a gun on you for protection. I'm not even joking, that's what a friend of mine did.
>>
>>5539867
This.

I was actually thrown out of my house when I was 17 when I came out. Homeless for about 3 years.

Don't do it unless you can withstand the worst... getting thrown out and having to live on your own. Have money and friends lined up. Have places to stay.

If you can't do this, don't come out until you do.
>>
>>5538577
From a position of complete self-sufficiency.
>>
>>5538577
>come out as trans
>they'll throw a shitfit and eventually ask you if you can just be gay
>>
>>5538577

I came out as trans to my LGBT-phobic parents two days ago. They took it better than I feared. I had them read an article. I wish I had done it so long ago.
>>
I came out to my dad over the phone. Still haven't come out to my mom yet. She once left a church because the pastor said in a newspaper column that he "would support a gay priest in the hypothetical situation that one would be hired." - that was enough for my mom, she left her church of 20 years because the pastor said that one statement.

Also my very first memory of a gay couple was one that visited our house with some business deal and I remember her derisively making jokes after they left about how they were wearing matching rings but it didn't mean anything and some other shit that wasn't exactly too nice

I figure at this point I'd rather just have everyone else find out and tell her
>>
>>5538577
You suck your dads dick and don't say "no homo"
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.