[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans hormone help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: bgotw_ch022_p15.jpg (68KB, 580x237px) Image search: [Google]
bgotw_ch022_p15.jpg
68KB, 580x237px
I've tried asking this on a couple of threads and no one has replied, besides informed consent, is there anything else that I need to know about hormones, like can I go to an average physician and have them prescribe me hormones?
>>
>>5529201
Okay, where do you live? Give state and city
>>
>>5529274
not op but how about Seattle
>>
>>5529274
OP here, I live in Newark ohio
>>
Europe has a lot of gatekeeping. If your in North America or Aus/ NZ getting hormones is piss easy.
>>
>>5529373
My knowledge is based off myself who lives on the border of Washington-Oregon, so I would have to go to Portland for the referral for hormones and then get the hormones at a local pharmacy in Washington, so I apologize if I may be wrong:

My understanding is that you can't just go to a physician to get hormones prescribed in Washington (informed consent). I'm sure there's trans support groups there that you can google for Seattle and they can refer you to either a counselor (some are free to go to or at a low cost) to write you a statement for the pharmacy to give you hormones. But google that shit and you will definitely find resources to get hormones, you just might have to make a couple of calls.
>>
In most cases I believe you would get referred to an endocrinologist, but I think it varies. (In my case my general practice doctor prescribed the HRT, I guess it varies depending on whether or not the doctor has enough familiarity with HRT or not, and maybe different laws in different states.)
>>
Oregonfag FtM here. My primary care physician (MD) has no experience with transgender care, so she said she didn't feel comfortable prescribing hormones herself. I started seeing a therapist (LCSW) who specializes in gender issues (I got her name from a list provided by a local queer community center-type place). After seeing her weekly for ~2 months, she referred me to a naturopathic doctor (ND) who had me get some labs done (I went in to a local hospital's outpatient lab for the blood draw) and then prescribed me the testosterone and showed me how to do the injections. Now, I go to my regular pharmacy for the T and the needles. That's just how it worked for me, though. There are different routes.
>>
So this is one thing almost no one will tell you but is actually SUPER important and most Transwomen don't even know it...

TAKE YOUR ESTROGEN SUBLINGUALLY!

Your results will be almost infinitely better on a lower dose than many other people. I only have to take 3-4 mg estrace and 50mg spiro and at not even 3 months have results that many people taking far more don't have even at 6-7 months! Google it and you will find the absorption rate is better and easier on your liver too!
>>
>>5533207
I'm in portland, help turn me into a girl please
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.