[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious Question for everybody:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1452287528516.jpg (95KB, 580x780px) Image search: [Google]
1452287528516.jpg
95KB, 580x780px
Do you guys think that this board should be renamed/rethemed from LGBT to just simply "Sexuality," since it definitely spans farther than those four letters?
I mean, for god sakes there's bored and curious straight people lurking here now.

Pic not related.
>>
A lot of LGBT discourse on an academic level tends to focus on sexuality as a whole. We welcome straight and curious posters and answer their questions and concerns anyway as long as they're not outright antagonistic.

Not that there's anything academic about 4chan.
>>
Until /trash/ came along, we were the only board with more than three letters in the name. And I think /sexuality/ wouldn't really cover trans people. If it was up to me, I'd call it /gsm/ - gender and sexual minorities. Though "minorities" might seem a bit too "SJW-ish" for 4chan, and shortening it to /gs/ - gender and sexuality wouldn't really be as recognizable as either LGBT or GSM. LGBT is at least recognizable, and it's not too hard to see that it covers things beyond what's literally in the acronym.
>>
>>5527091
It's an 'If ain't broken don't fix it' sort of thing Anon, even though the word LGBT is an acronym it has come to mean alternate gender and sexuality.
>>
Queer is a better word than /lgbt/ and /q/ went away so we could snag that. There would be a lot of super buttblasted cis gay men though (but that's just all the more reason imo).
>>
>>5527210
>If it ain't broken don't fix it
>implying LGBT isn't a "fix" on GLBT
>implying returning to GLBT wouldn't fix our feminism problem.
>>
>>5527355

>feminism
>problem

Person with an inability to think critically detected.
>>
>>5527141
Gender and Sexuality is a good idea, dude.
>>
>>5527275
>There would be a lot of super buttblasted cis gay men though (but that's just all the more reason imo).
Yeah they would be pissed, because queer comes from a place of cis female privilege. To men and trans women, queer is the word shouted before a beating. For women, queer is a nebulous term used to wear a mask off oppression without actually being oppressed. Queer identity has no consequences for cis women, it is a play thing. And you see cis women identifying as queer and then dropping the title the moment they get bored of it.
>>
>>5527391
Gay male here.
I wouldn't give a fuck. It's a word desu.
>>
>>5527362
Oh, well because you said so, I guess it's true. Thanks, Tumblr school of debate!
>>
>>5527464

I wasn't debating with you for one, and you seem awfully averse to actually having any conversation about it given that reply. You know, one of the hallmark forms of power is the ability to ignore people who are lower than you.
>>
>>5527091
I'm in favor of any and every change that throws the trannies out.
>>
>>5527210
This.
I think Lgbt sort of became a word with its own new definition
>>
>>5527564

This.
Each time I come here, I find myself skimming through all the trans threads. I really can't identify with them.
>>
File: Battle_Droid.png (126KB, 375x675px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Droid.png
126KB, 375x675px
>>5527809
Congratulations, you're cis.
>>
>>5527091
>beanposting

Fuck off /hoc/
>>
>>5527362
>>feminism
>>problem

>Person with an inability to think critically detected.

Person with an inability to think critically detected.
>>
>>5534435
Person with an inability to make original responses detected.
>>
>>5527819

That whole cis/CIS thing just clicked for me and I had a sensible chuckle. Thanks, anon.

>>5527809

Why are you reading the trans threads at all if it doesn't interest you. I'm not exactly a big reader of lesgen, and hint, it's because i'm not a fucking lesbian (or fucking any lesbians).
>>
>>5527809
>Each time I come here, I find myself skimming through all the trans threads. I really can't identify with them.
I'm cis myself, but just because your thumb hurts a little bit you want to throw out trannys from Lgbt?
You can filter them anyway
>>
>>5527091
this board should be renamed /trans/ because that's all I ever see posted on here.
>>
>>5538903
>>5527564
>>5527809
The Transsexual threads just need to be much more strongly moderated. They're way too plentiful.
>>
>>5538944
seriously. there's like fifty of them and they're all the same fucking thread.
>>
>>5538944
>>5539001
it's completely unnecessary. threads last for days without bumps
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.