[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl es/2016/01/03/are-bisexu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: babybibibi.png (13KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
babybibibi.png
13KB, 1920x1080px
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/03/are-bisexuals-shut-out-of-the-lgbt-club.html

>tfw biphobia confirmed endemic problem in LGBT community
>>
>>5510848
>http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/03/are-bisexuals-shut-out-of-the-lgbt-club.html
>According to estimates from the Williams Institute at UCLA, bisexual people are more numerous than gay men and lesbians combined but, according to a 2013 Pew Survey, they are the most likely to be in the closet, with just 28 percent reporting that “all or most of the important people in their life” know about their orientation.
I've been out to many as bisexual since '78 and still I keep keep quiet about it in many circles. I'd say less than 1/4th of my friends know I'm bisexual. 70+% know I'm a transwoman.
>>
>>5512954
i like the plot twist at the end
>>
i'm bisexual but i just tell women i'm straight and gay guys i'm just gay.

telling people you're bi, it's not worth all the baggage. 80% of people just think you're a gay in denial, the other 20% think you're just going to leave them for a woman in a year and don't want to do anything with you.
>>
>>5512978
I'm bi and I just solely stick to dating other bi people at this point senpai
>>
>>5512954

Oddly, I suspect people are much more inclined to accept a transgender person as bi- than a cisgender. They kinda figure you have "residual desires" from your old sex and now some from your new one (in that binary way they think). In their mind, you've already "straddled the fence", so they probably already think you are bi anyway.
>>
>>5510848
>thedailybeast
>biphobia

First off, phobia is thrown around at a pretty indecent rate these days. It is a persistent FEAR, not an expression of dislike. I do not fear sweet potatoes, but I do not particularly like them; the nuance may seem subtle, but it is significant.

Second, I dislike bi people because, in my experience, they jump the boat when something nicer comes along or when social pressures commit them to a singular sexual preference (i.e. being labeled gay or lesbian when with a partner of whichever respected sex) and they feel uncomfortable. Bi people seem to be in it for the sex, not the long haul and ultimately tend to revert to societal norms when it comes to long term relationships (men with women, women with men)[1].

[1] Personal experience
>>
>>5513016

That actually is probably the best approach.
>>
>>5513053

I knew a guy who thought that people hate him because he is bi. In reality it is because he's a spoiled and unemployed drug addict who steals money from his family.
>>
>>5513055
I mean, when I want casual sex with someone with no strings attached I'll gladly play gay/straight for the night but serious relationships only with biscum like myself
>>
>>5513049
They mostly think I only want guys now. :( This is in a group where they know I've dated both men and women in the past. Kinda sucks because I worked so hard among these people to help break down LGBT stereotypes with them. For a couple decades I was that normal bisexual that didn't flame or anything like that.
>>
Daily beat is propoganda meant to start a culture war of infighting with a spectrum of sub and counter culture
>>
>>5513053
You realize that you're committing a sweeping generalization right? It's not the sexuality that makes the person be a cunt, it's the person that's the cunt to begin with.

It kind of sucks that LGT people have this weird misconception that all bi people think/act the same way. We are not a unit, don't lump us together as such. I'm sorry that you've has such bad experiences with bi people, but you can't blame the whole sexuality for those people, it's quite unfair really.
>>
>>5513064

also those three orphans that he killed and ate
>>
File: h is for time to die.jpg (12KB, 213x200px) Image search: [Google]
h is for time to die.jpg
12KB, 213x200px
>>5523214
>It's not the sexuality that makes the person be a cunt, it's the person that's the cunt to begin with.
But you can't blame when people see a pattern.

If you are friend with one guy with dreadlocks, and it turns out he likes smoking pot, you wouldn't make much of it, when you are friend of another guy with dreads and he also smokes pot, then you start to make the connection. Now when you know 5 guys with dreads, 2 women, all of them smoke pot and many people you know say the same about the people with dreads that they know, then you see a pretty consistent pattern.

Does that mean that the majority of people with dreads are potheads? It doesn't matter, people will shape their opinions by the experiences they have in their lives and no one can blame them.

What if in fact the majority of bi people are cunts? It doesn't matter if being a cunt causes people to be bi, or if being bi causes people to be cunts, what is important is that people see a pattern and will avoid having relationships with bi people.

Is it unfair? Doesn't matter either, life is not fair and you have to be looking out for yourself and people you like.
>>
>>5523701
guess what, your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean shit. the bi people in my life have nearly all been wonderful, caring, loyal people. there's one main exception who was abusive to everyone he could get away with abusing, and a couple of acquaintances who were flakey and obnoxious, but certainly not any worse than my straight or gay acquaintances. that still means pretty much nothing since i've barely met the tiniest fraction of bi people out there, and the same is true for you.
>>
>>5523701
You're anecdote is fare I'll give you that, but it still isn't correct. Most people have the thought in mind that they haven't met every person known to existence so it isn't right to judge the whole group. I was bullied and harassed by a bunch of white kids at school growing up, does that mean I grew up thinking all white people are shit? No, because that was just a personal experience I had with them and it's inaccurate to cast prejudice on a certain group of people based on ASSUMPTIONS from personal experiences.
>>
>>5523793
>guess what, your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean shit.
Maybe not for an official or scientific classification, but for the people that experience them these are all that's needed to form an opinion about a group of people. You can't change that or do anything about it, unconsciously or consciously or creating labels with little information is a survival instinct that's ingrained in our brains, you can't blame people for that. It has helped people surviving for a good time in history and that's why it's a dominant trait on humans.

And btw that's not MY opinion, I was simply illustrating an example.

>>5523806
It doesn't matter what's correct or not, unless it's against the law people should have the right to do what they think it's needed to feel safe and preserve themselves.
>>
>>5523822
i can certainly blame people for being irrational and bigoted, and i will continue to do so. humans are adaptable enough to move beyond ingrained logical fallacies, and i don't believe in mollycoddling people who refuse to do so.
>>
>bisexuals refuse to come out
>"we're bein left out!"
>"muh erasure!"
>>
>>5523846
And? They shouldn't be forced to please you or any group, just like you or anyone shouldn't be forced to please them. And just to remind you, those "logical fallacies" are so common because they helped people survive, so they do have a value.

You may not notice but everyone has one opinion that was illogically formed, that's simply the human nature.

Don't like those people? Avoid contact with them.
>>
>>5523861
what incentive do i have to take your terrible advice? avoiding people does nothing to change their behavior, but confronting & criticizing them sometimes does. it's best to pick my battles, sure, but your proposal is that of a coward who doesn't want to tolerate & learn from criticism.

what value is there in preserving a terribly flawed thing that at one point in the past was better than nothing at all? why not just remember it existed & move on? really sounds like you're trying to weasel your way into defending bigotry, here.
>>
>>5523860
famous out bisexuals are constantly called gay or straight by others. pay a little attention to what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1425279213863.gif (1023KB, 265x260px) Image search: [Google]
1425279213863.gif
1023KB, 265x260px
bisexual, yet "homo-romantic" by choice. i'm sure there's one out there that would be good for me but... modern western women... yeaaah...
>>
>>5523880
>avoiding people does nothing to change their behavior
And why do you think you HAVE to change their behavior? Why does everyone needs to have the same opinion? Why does everyone NEED to please you?

From your point of view, not liking, not believing and not dating bisexuals because of their bisexuality is bigotry, from my point of view trying to force your rationalization into other people is as well bigotry.

It's not cowardice to accept that you can't force everyone to please you, people are different, they have different tastes and different opinions, you're simply trying to force your norm into everyone.

Like I said, the value of those "flawed things" is proved by their successfulness in being passed to new generations.
>>
>>5523908
when people are actively making others' lives more difficult, there's no reason why i should just passively let them continue without criticism. it's not just an opinion when you're sharing it with people who can cause others real harm and doing nothing to distance yourself from them.
>>
>>5523912
>when people are actively making others' lives more difficult
You'll have to be specific, HOW are they making bisexual's lives more difficult? Because all the cases on that article aren't really that problematic.
>>
>>5523948
lies about you being inherently selfish, slutty and untrustworthy cause harm when the people around you actually believe them, and not just the people you're trying to get romantically & /or sexually involved with. you don't just have to deal with homophobes, you have to deal with bigotry beyond that,and it fucking sucks for the people who have to deal with it.
>>
>>5523957
>and not just the people you're trying to get romantically & /or sexually involved with.
If they are so easily fooled then I wonder why you'd want to have a relationship with them, if you don't want to have a relationship with them, why do you care what they think of you?
>you have to deal with bigotry beyond that,and it fucking sucks for the people who have to deal with it.
Again you have specify, the common "I don't believe in bisexuality" and "I don't want to date you because you're bisexual" aren't really problematic.
>>
>dating bixesuals
>>
>>5523972
denying your existence & validity is pretty damn "problematic," bro. microaggressions are still aggressions when they happen again and again and are propped up by acts of violence. bisexual people are most likely to experience domestic violence, for one thing
>>
>>5523972
you literally quoted me saying that the mistrust goes beyond dating and responded by talking exclusively about dating. what the fuck?
>>
>>5523979
>denying your existence & validity is pretty damn "problematic"
Why? Because of hurt feelings?

>bisexual people are most likely to experience domestic violence, for one thing
I'd like to see a source to that claim.

>>5523985
Why about you tell me some situations that don't involve dating where it's a problem? Because like I said, if you are NOT in a relationship with someone, why do you care what they think of you?

L and G have already learned a long time ago about not giving a fuck about other people's opinions.
>>
>>5510848
Then why don't you people just behave?
>>
>>5524000
>because of hurt feelings?

yknow, youre allowed to be nice to people, right? it doesnt make you a pussy. most people will like you more if you're a kind, considerate person.
>>
>>5529151
hahaha he admits it
fuck off you half faggot
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.