[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get informed consent after spending 600 dollars of therapy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: 1440388091264.jpg (19KB, 228x227px) Image search: [Google]
1440388091264.jpg
19KB, 228x227px
>get informed consent after spending 600 dollars of therapy (only six sessions over 2 months)
>therapist recommends doctor
>300 dollars to get blood work done
>they won't send out my prescription unless I get blood work done every six months
>look up selfmedding
>it's like 100 dollars a month
what the fuck
>>
>>5510524
paying for the safety of the doc probably, though j/w how much are the meds with the doctor? if it's around 50-60 a month or less I'd go with that since you get your blood work done and the protection of a medical professional.
>>
>>5510524

What are you looking at that tells you self-medding is $100/month? You need to shop around.

>Estrogen
10 boxes of progynova from QHI at €14.20 x $1.09 each equals $167.86 (shipping was added). That's 420 days if you're taking 2 pills a day (and you take the ones from the blue line too).

Alternatively:
60 ampoules of progynon depot from alldaychemist at $91.98 plus shipping is $106.98.
200 alcohol pads from calvetsupply at $1.99
100 syringes with needles from the same for $11.00 plus shipping and the above pads is $25.19
There are also the matters of sharps containers and filter needles, but you get the idea. The pads are plenty, the ampoules 14 months or so, and the needles nearly two years. That's assuming one ampoule a week.

>Anti-androgen
4 boxes of androcur (cyproterone acetate) from pharmacygeoff at $37.50 each equals $150. That's 400 days if you take 25mg a day.

>Progynova + androcur = $317.86
/ 13 months = $24.45 per month.

>Injection stuff + androcur = $282.17
/ 13 months = $21.70 per month at least.

Don't dump your nredles in the garbage. Call a pharmacy, hospital, blood lab, or doctors to see if they will take them off your hands. Or mail them for disposal through a service. Sharpsdisposal.net pffers such a service. Again, shop around.
>>
>>5510524
blood work is <$100 anon
>>
>>5510524
>it's like 100 dollars a month
The fuck? It's a hell of a lot cheaper than that.
I do injections and spiro myself.
>>5510869
is pretty much right on the money. It's pretty cheap. I've been debating switching to cypro or bicalutamide, which would up my costs, but I'm not sure yet. Either way, I think it's best to self med and then only go through a therapist or what not once you need paperwork changes, approval for surgeries, etc. I'm not even getting surgeries done, so I just dealt with one for gender marker on drivers license and that's it.
>>
>>5510954
alldaychemist has injections? The only thing I could find on there was progynova pills.
>>
hahaha america is such a shitehole

move somewhere that isn't a dystopic hell where hate speech is legal and you have to pay for medicine!
>>
>>5510524
>Doesn't have health insurance

Just quit right now, you'll end up a prostitute at this rate. At least you'll have your dignity.
>>
>>5511050
>america
top fucking kek you disgusting subhuman
>>
>>5510524
And you guys call us Europoors
>>
>>5511035
>tfw America has better health care than europe and canada because it's more expensive
>tfw you bitches have probably never gone to an american hospital.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>be American
>therapy was free through a private agency because I didn't have a job and tried to kill myself and they were cool
>I go to one session with a psychiatrist to get a recommendation letter
>Had to pay for that but w/e
>Planned Parenthood 2 hours away has a doctor who specializes in teams stuff, I go there for bloodwork and to get my medication
>PP didn't charge much (idk hoe much that whole time period is a fog)
>pick up medication at Mom and Pop pharmacy in my town
>Have a job with health insurance and only pay $20 for a PP visit and $20for meds every month

I got lucky.

Twist: I live in Nebraska
>>
>>5511124
You've obviously never been to a hospital in those countries yourself, dumbass.
>>
>>5510869
>pharmacygeoff
I was gonna get some stuff from there but the whole mailing a cashiers check seemed sketchy as fuck
>>
>>5511607

United pharmacies is also pretty cheap. If you don't mind e-checks.
>>
File: adc.png (127KB, 1180x461px) Image search: [Google]
adc.png
127KB, 1180x461px
>>5510998
They sure do.
>>
>>5511104
Europe for the most part is pretty shitty for trans care. Most countries there require you to wait 1++ years for hormones, with strict gatekeeping and even sometimes require you to go around as a man in a dress for years before you get hormones. On top of that, many of these countries, such as Norway, do not allow import of prescription medications, making DIY hard or impossible.
>>
>>5511929
Oh also, forgot to mention, if you can manage to get hormones, they're often a one-size-fits all approach i.e. you can't use alternative methods of HRT which are more effective.
>>
>>5511891
How do you E check with them? I think they're the same place as pharmacy Geoff (they both have the same payee for intl checks) and all I saw was international wire and intl cashiers check. I did E check with adc once and that was fine
>>
>>5511929
This im from the uk and they expected me to have 1 year RLE before pills, i was like fuck that and spend £30 a month on self medding instead.
>>
>>5510524
actually I pay like 120 for about 3 months worth
>>
>>5520127
>1 year RLE before pills
>>5511929
>even sometimes require you to go around as a man in a dress for years before you get hormones

if you think the medical bills americans have to pay to get their stuff through doctors are a waste of money, spare a thought for the healthcare professionals who spent at least 5 figure sums and years of work, intense training and exams and came out of it still so fucking stupid.
the poor souls.
>>
>>5511124
>tfw America has better health care than europe and canada

That is true pham, but barriers to access are real doe.

I mean Ferraris are better than Ford or Chevy, but it doesnt really matter if you cant afford one. The slightly lower quality care means nothing considering you dont have to go into debt or pay out the ass for it. Its like getting a free Ford or Chevy..... b-b-but Ferraris are better doe.

Thats the one thing the rest of the world can legitimately trash us on, our Healthcare system is borderline criminal.... certainly morally bankrupt..... not that morality has ever mattered to a Capitalist system.

>>5510524
>>5510607
>protection of a medical professional

Dont buy into this meme OP, its not like you are self treating curable cancer with an all raw diet or some idiotic shit like that. Hormone therapy is relatively low level shit that you cant really fuck up on, all of the important information for self medding is out there. All a doctor will do is recommend you take X amount of medicine and you will self med anyway, in this particular situation doctor is literally doing less work than Google.

Endocrine Drs are notoriously shitty anyway, they are going to tell you to take a less than optimal dose because "muh medical consensus" which was probably developed 10yrs before you were even born. People need to understand that Endos are not interested in actually helping you transition, their duty is to execute the standards and consensus of their profession.... you really really need to remember that.
>>
File: nuuuhhh.jpg (76KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nuuuhhh.jpg
76KB, 1024x768px
>>5520127
>tfw can't self med because T is dangerous
>>
>>5510524

I bought pure bicalutamide from alibaba. 100gr for like 130$, At 50mg per day that's enough for years lol

selfmedding is cheap as fuck
>>
>>5520727
Oh and using fedex it took me zero effort to get it into an EU country. I'm not waiting years for psych gates
>>
>>5510954
>so I just dealt with one for gender marker on drivers license and that's it.

How did you even get your gender changed on paper without ever 'officially' taking hormones?
>>
File: 1383360753972.jpg (33KB, 498x550px) Image search: [Google]
1383360753972.jpg
33KB, 498x550px
>>5520612
>tfw can't self med because T is dangerous

>mfw
500mg Testosterone Enanthate /wk
400mg Trenbolone Enanthate /wk
200mg Drostanolone Propionate /wk

>b-b-b-but T is dangerous ;_;

You will always be a little girl sweetheart, just end it.
>>
File: Playboy_Bunny.jpg (803KB, 1439x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Playboy_Bunny.jpg
803KB, 1439x1128px
>>5520727
Get a micro scale, and pill stuffer.

BTW: 150mg/day is the dose that caused significant breast development. Go read the research.
>>
>>5522225
>BTW: 150mg/day is the dose that caused significant breast development. Go read the research.
150mg/day was withdrawn by FDA because of side-effects (including but not lim to breast development). Anyway, I already feel that I have no libido nor erections left at 50mg/day so I doubt there's many androgen action left inside me
>>
>>5520727
....what vendor?
>>
>>5521954
Motherfucker, it's nothing to do with me. T is a controlled substance and you're talking about straight up roids. Sure, I want T but I don't want to become a fucking smuggler.
>>
File: 3241243214324.jpg (10KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
3241243214324.jpg
10KB, 350x210px
>>5510524
>paying for medical

Oh you silly americans.
>>
>>5524089
which country?
>>
>>5524177
estrogen and testosterone are both controlled substances in EU and USA
>>
>>5524179
the extent to which they are controlled differs by substance and country though.
>>
>>5524177
UK. I'm pretty sure T and steroids are listed as class C drugs, as far as I can tell it's an offense to be in possession without a prescription and anywhere selling it is an illegal drug supplier.
>>
>>5524226
Okay so first off you're not in the US where this shit is a lot harder.
Yes, anabolic steroids are classified as class C, but this classification is only to control sale and to legislate against unlicensed retailers. It carries no offence for possession for personal use.
So how can you get hold of them completely legally? The first option is to buy from a licensed retailer within the UK. This is the easiest way.
The second option, I'm glad I decided to check up on this because it differs from the hormones MtFs take when it comes to importing for personal use (in that case, as with prescription-only medications, it's perfectly legal to import estradiol for personal use for example).
However in 2012 the law was changed to disallow such importation of anabolic steroids by mail order from outside the UK. You can still import from outside the UK, but you have to have personal custody - ie you have to go over, pick it up and bring it back yourself.
Honestly don't worry. You're not breaking any laws, you're not doing anything illegal.
>>
>>5524252
Gov.uk says that class C possession can get you 2 years in prison and they could probably suspicion of intent to supply if they found a personal stockpile with no prescription. That and looking on QHI, which I believe is British based, they don't have any androgens listed which makes me think there's tighter restrictions.
>>
I live in Australia, don't pay for blood tests or therapist/ psyc. Spiro and progynova are $12 AUD for 2 months progy and 3 months spiro.

America needs to get on this shit.
>>
>>5524089
>Motherfucker, it's nothing to do with me. T is a controlled substance and you're talking about straight up roids. Sure, I want T but I don't want to become a fucking smuggler.

LOL you arent even a man yet and you are already acting like a little cuck.

Step the fuck up like a man, you have done nothing wrong, the government has made rules saying you cant have the medicine you legitimately need..... FUCK THE POLICE pham

Oh wait you are just going to sit there like a little bitch and do what your corrupt ass government tells you that you can or cant do. Wow EU is full of fucking cucks 2bh.

Too scared to even get your medicine, yeah you arent ready to be a man and you probably never will be, gl tho pham (:
>>
>>5524041
Is there anywhere I can read the FDA acceptance ruling? and associated research? If it works at 50mg a day for transgenders, it is a lower cost option.

The other question I have with it is DHT and hair loss. I doubt any research has been done on this. Nothing is stopping the now free T from getting converted to DHT. DHT it still can't activate the blocked DHT receptors, but what is the mechanism where DHT clogs up the hair follicle? Can that still operate? Is Fin or Dut needed to stop the T->DHT conversion for those who may have Male Pattern Baldness?
>>
File: 1373906968984.jpg (16KB, 260x242px) Image search: [Google]
1373906968984.jpg
16KB, 260x242px
>>5524537
Yeah yeah yeah. Little faggot doesn't want to get jailed when drug imports are intercepted at the border.
>>
>>5524613

The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen is that the package will get confiscated, that is the absolute worst case scenario.

You watch too much TV kid.

Hurr durr this package has Testosterone in it and your name and address on the package.... therefore you go to jail. Thats not how it works pham.
>>
>>5524613
>>5524633
what this guy said.
i already explained to you yes they're class C, but with an express exception codified in law that there is no criminal penalty carried for possession for personal use!
it's not illegal!
i had a friend try and buy in brass knuckles from the US, which ARE illegal, and all that happened was he was notified they had been confiscated.
>>
>>5524537
In the US, it's a straight up felony to have T without a presciption. That's not a reasonable risk for most people. Not to mention you'll pay through the nose for black market T since it's a literal steroid and it's often faked too.
>>
>>5524663
but the "little faggot" in question is british, as am i, and i have tried repeatedly to explain to them that possession of anabolic steroids for personal use is decriminalized here.
sorry and good luck to all you bros in the US
>>
>>5524597
http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/en/d/Js4948e/1.2.html
>AstraZeneca has recommended that bicalutamide 150mg be discontinued in such patients. Patients taking bicalutamide 50 mg/day for metastatic prostate cancer are not affected by this new information

I don't really see how bicalutamide is cheaper/expensive, anyway. It costs like 1.3-1.6$ per gram at the place where I get it.

The other things you asked are things I want to know myself. Testosteron and dht are both expected to rise upon treatment with casodex. If the androgenic hairloss is dependent on the androgen receptor then nothing will happen. If it acts through different pathway then baldness is going to be accelerated

However the increased testosteron also causes an increase in estrogen completely free of charge lol. I don't really know. I think it's probably best if I add Finasteride to my regime just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>5510869
>(and you take the ones from the blue line too).
are the blueline pills somehow different?
why is there a blueline o_o
>>
>>5524656
Fair enough then, I guess. Just poses the question on where to get it from seeing as distribution isn't allowed and I could only import if I did it in person.
>>
Can any god fearing American tell me if Medicaid in Portland, Oregon covers all of this
>>
>>5524676
>Finasteride
Dutasteride is more effective at blocking the conversion, it just costs more. It actually blocks both methods T->DHT whereas Finasteride only blocks one. Fin does block the one related to conversion in the scalp, and hair loss.

>If it acts through different pathway then baldness is going to be accelerated
That is what I'm worried about. My understanding is MPB is from a build up of DHT around the hair follicles.
>>
>>5524663
>In the US, it's a straight up felony to have T without a presciption. That's not a reasonable risk for most people.

blah blah blah I bet you have some digital files on your computer that are technically a felony to be in possession of doesnt stop kids from downloading the newest YIFY releases.

The reality is that BEFORE it is in your possession it is in the mail service so its not technically in your possession yet. After it is delivered it is in your house probably in a drawer or medicine cabinet, it will never need to leave your house so you will never be caught with it.

>Not to mention you'll pay through the nose for black market T

lol no, high quality UGL brands are usually ~25% cheaper than the big name pharma brands.

>it's often faked too.

"people are often robbed too" its just a stupid thing to say. If you know where to go and where to stay away from then you wont have to worry about it too much. There are UGL brands and sources that have been around long enough to have just as good of a reputation as the big name Pharma.

You are basic as fuck, really dont know why you are even trying to talk to me about the subject because you clearly have no experience or knowledge.
>>
>>5524978
You have me interested...
>>
>>5511035
>calls america a dystopia
>brags about living in a country where you can go to jail for saying the wrong thing
christ.
>>
>>5524806
>My understanding is MPB is from a build up of DHT around the hair follicles.

I find it hard to believe dht influences hair follicles through a different mechanism than androgenic. It's not going to crystalize and physically interfere you know.
>>
>>5524978
The big difference is that T falls under the DEA and customs and carries drug related prison terms... also, if it is in the mail it is indeed not yet your possession EXCEPT if they can prove you bought it... then it is yours ...
>>
>>5524685

Apparently, since the pills are meant for cis women to take one a day, the 7 pills on the blue strip are just sugar pills so their uterine lining doesn't build up every day of the month and cause uterine cancer. At least, that is what some old post in the archive said. I have noticed the blue strip ones dissolve under my tongue much faster than the other ones. I suppose that's another reason for trans women to take patches or injections over pills; no duds.
>>
>>5524734
jesus take some initiative. how else do you think your average wannabe bodybuilder finds this shit?
>>
>>5524806
>>5525464
http://patient.info/health/male-pattern-baldness
>Male hormones are involved in causing these changes. The level of the main male hormone, testosterone, is normal in men with baldness. Cells in the skin of the scalp convert testosterone into another hormone called dihydrotestosterone. For reasons that are not clear, affected hair follicles become more sensitive to dihydrotestosterone, which causes the hair follicles to shrink. It is also not clear why different hair follicles are affected at different times to make the balding process gradual. It is also not clear why only scalp hairs are affected and not other areas such as the beard or armpits.

>affected hair follicles become more sensitive to dihydrotestosterone

So, nuke DHT...

alternate theory for MPB
http://www.webmd.com/men/news/20120321/male-pattern-baldness-the-cause
>According to the study, bald men tend to have an abnormal amount of a protein called prostaglandin D2 on their scalps. This protein and its derivatives block hair growth.
No treatments target this yet as it was just discovered.

No treatments reverse MPB yet so DHT may just be a contributor to something else.
>>
>>5527659
yeah, DHT is known to be the/a problem for hair loss. it's why finasteride works

the question is, what androgen receptors are affected by bicalutamide? this is unclear and I haven't been able to find this info out. any info on this that i've found is proxied through prostate-specific antigen levels
>>
>>5524752
Yes.a
>>
>>5524068
>>5520727
pls respond
>>
>>5528009
>what androgen receptors
I know it binds to both T and DHT ones, but more specific than that, who knows?
>>
>>5530158
can you show where you found that it binds to DHT receptors? that's the one that matters at least for me because of the whole hair loss thing
>>
>>5531133
Don't have the time to look for it now, but it was in one of the cancer research articles.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.