[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I okay enought to make a webcomic? Some people say Im a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 20160104_220306.jpg (686KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_220306.jpg
686KB, 2240x1344px
Am I okay enought to make a webcomic? Some people say Im a good artist, but they are friends so I cant really trust that their being honest....

Also, I have no computer skills for coloring etc.... Just some guy who doodles.
>>
>>5495062
Anyone can make a webcomic desu
>>
I think you're more than good enough, and you're a great artist! I go to art school, and that looks like someone who's got skills for sure! You've got some good friends, it sounds like. Gotta have people who support you.
I bet you could learn skills for coloring. You seem talented. And if those are doodles, I can't wait to see how good your other art is.
>>
Do it. Worst case scenario no one cares about it and you get a little better.
>>
I think you're good enough but you really should learn how to color with a digital illustration program
>>
>>5495086
Well, Im super flattered. I didnt go to art school, I just like to kinda draw people. I bet youre waaaay better than me lol.

I tumble some of it. Just a few pics.
>>
You're art is okay, not great. But webcomics are about story, not art. On top of that, doing a webcomic is a great way to improve your skills. Look at virtually every webcomic on the net. Page 1 is an ugly mess while the current page is usually either decent or beautiful.

Except for Questionable Content which has looked like ass for its entire run, yet is still popular for some reason. I mean, you can draw better than THAT guy so that's pretty good to start you off.
>>
>>5495124
your*
>>
>>5495119
>I bet youre waaaay better than me lol.
I am not better than you, senpai. I've only been doing it for some time.
>>
>>5495124
Haha, yeah, I read a bit of QC. I absolutely hate it. Its so... Ugh... I dunno. Like all the characters are the same fucking person. They are all "oh gee, look how accepting and tolerant I am, I still have a cheekt attitude though".

For comics, nothing tops Coyote for me, though they did steal my ww2 idea.
>>
Heres some old stuff on my Tumblr. https://www.tumblr.com/blog/accidentalhemorrhage
>>
>>5495201
Your realism is a lot better than your animu, senpai.
>>
>>5495062
Absolutely. Draw a shit ton cuz you're only gonna get better and drawing and story telling. Don't ever STOP drawing t b h
>>
>>5495213
Thanks. I rarely show people the realism. They'll think I'm fucked up or something...
>>
File: 20160104_224310.jpg (697KB, 2240x1344px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_224310.jpg
697KB, 2240x1344px
I updated it for you guys and your /pol/ crush.
>>
>>5495062
I think it looks good enough
>>
>>5495062
>am i good enough to make a webcomic?

The guys at the How's Your Webcomic thread at /co/ will give you a hard time but imo, your art is passable enough to tell a story.

Get photoshop, start lineart and color, organize the story into a comic and then give me another call.
>>
>>5495278
Didnt even realize /Co/ was a thing...
>>
>>5495289
the webcomic guys at /co/ are an interesting bunch. If you ask me, most of them are mediocre with at least three people who have great webcomic potential.

But they might be openminded to gay stuff. Give them a try, who knows?
>>
>>5495298
Maybe I will...

So I was thinking about a WW1 storyline. Maybe be an axis falling for an ally post capture. Too cliche?
>>
File: tripping frog.jpg (37KB, 367x347px) Image search: [Google]
tripping frog.jpg
37KB, 367x347px
>>5495062
>people now ask this question on /gbt/ rather than /ic/ or /co/
>not even on the /wcg/ thread
This makes no fucking sense familia.

Also that dude looks like Joshua from transfusions. You gotta work on your anatomy and perspective too senpai. Practice, practice, practice.
>>
>>5495326
Ugh, I knew he wreaked of Transfutions... Just though it was my head fucking with me.
>>
>>5495261
Well with this you'll be idolized.
>>
>>5495400
Lol, thanks.
>>
>>5495418
You're welcome. Do you have anything else anon?
>>
>>5495062
fujoshit trash

anyway work on the face.
>>
Tbh, it's kind of shit, but the key to a successful webcomic is decent story and persistence. Your art'll improve along the way.
>>
>>5495616
Fuck you
>>
>>5495588
A bunch of stuff somewhere. I usually throw it away after I draw it though..
>>
>>5495616
Its better than most of the other comics I have seen on this South Ossetian Anti-Georgian Insurrection and Tactics Imageboard
>>
>>5495616
I hope so....
>>
>>5495643
It honestly looks really good. You should make an album of it all someday.
>>
>>5495653
Yeah, Id like to get a drawing book.
>>
>>5495671
Try getting one at a thrift store or a walmart/target. They arent too expensive.
>>
>>5495733
I used to have one, but I was to nervous to draw in it. I dunno why.
>>
>>5495811
Lol. I never drew this stuff because of snoopy parents.
>>
>>5495886
Yeah, Im scared Ill die and someone will find out how fucked up I am from my drawings...
>>
>>5496255
Anon, imagine what would happen if someone went through a /b/ user's computer. As long as it isnt too bad I say go ahead and draw whatever you want.
>>
>>5496324
I draw pretty dark stuff, anon...

Even check my Tumblr I posted up there. Thats the really light stuff.
>>
after xkcd, the only reason you might not be "good enough" to have a successful web comic is because your non-visual content is shit and uninteresting.
>>
>>5496362
Non visual? You mean like plot and stuff? I'm kinda worried about that. I kinda like the traditional top/bottom fem/masc relationship which may be a bit to cut and dry for the average person here....

Then again, ARH and TOY do pretty okay...
>>
File: 1302324820550.jpg (50KB, 475x350px) Image search: [Google]
1302324820550.jpg
50KB, 475x350px
>>5496388
>plot and stuff
>>
>>5496391
Sorry, I've never really read into this stuff. What did you mean?
>>
Your lines need to be steadier and you need to give more depth to the character. Study some anatomy? This is more a question for the art/critique board.
>>
draw real people from direct observation.
it's the only way.
>>
The difference between a story and a comic is that a story has one leg while a comic has two.

When you only have one leg, that one leg needs to be strong enough to support all the weight on its own, but you only need to work on making that one leg stronger. If you don't, people are going to ask why you're still showing off that game leg.

When you have two legs, the shortcomings in one leg can be propped up by the other, but it does involve more overall work and you'll probably have a dominant leg regardless of how much you practice. That's fine so long as you keep pace with the other leg. Falling behind with one leg is called limping. Falling behind with two legs is called tripping.

When you have no legs, you make a comic about videogames.
>>
This is a good butt. Thank you for the butt. I would read your webcomic for more butts. You can do it. Follow your dreams.
>>
>>5496530
Wow... Thanks a bunch. That makes a lot of sense actually.

>>5496443
Is there anatomy book just for artists? I can only find ones for med students here...
>>
>>5496466
Ive tried drawing a photo of a guy but I can never seem to get it right...
>>
>>5496701
you are not looking very hard, friend.
>>
>>5496530
Funny joke aside this is kind of a bad example. Some comics have what would be considered "bad" art but would actually be worse if their art was better because of the atmosphere said art creates. Achewood comes to mind.. comics are more than just words plus pictures. The combination evokes an intangible fourth dimension, much in the way movies do.
>>
>>5495261
Hahaha YES!
>>
>>5497028
;)
>>
>>5496701
Are you joking? Loomis from the Artwork/critique board literally teaches you this. Your lines are too jagged edged, and lack proper anatomy. Please refer to the beginner's thread
>>
>>5496701

Take a life drawing class at your local community college. I was skeptical at first, but it was actually a great way to improve my comprehension of anatomy and musculature that drawing from 2D reference couldn't provide. You won't have many other opportunities to spend so much time analyzing nude bodies in dynamic poses that aren't moving.
>>
>>5498883
Hm, guess that could be fun.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.