[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Help General #91

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 28

File: Trans Help General-.png (209KB, 694x907px) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General-.png
209KB, 694x907px
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/search/text/trans%20help%20general%20%23/username/annicole/type/op/

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>5465264
>>
File: 1359389052583.jpg (22KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1359389052583.jpg
22KB, 240x320px
>>5491471
I'm having a weird time when it comes to relationships and such. I usually feel like a girl, I am a girl, but certain partners can evoke a more male feeling in me. Maybe it's because I'm in a male role, where i'm the protector, the dominant, the provider, etc. Or maybe my gender is simply confused and I am not a girl after all.
>>
>>5491471
Anyone here had top surgery? I have some questions I want answered
>>
>>5491656
have you transitioned already? do you enjoy being the protector, the dominant, the provider, etc? if yes to both: stop worrying and just enjoy. girls can enjoy being the dominant part in a relationship too. if you don't enjoy it, find a new partner that is dominant.
>>
>>5491741
No, yes. I guess that makes sense, and I certainly can see girls doing that, Im just overly critical on myself whenever I skew more towards masculinity.
>>
sure is fun as hell when 2016 starts with your bf breaking up with you because you're trans and the whole family pressures him to break up.

is life even worth living without love? either you get a perfect guy and this happens, or you get some disgusting pervert. why live? there's no reason to keep going if you won't have love in your life..
>>
>>5491716
i'm 10 months post-op DI, what are your qs
>>
How do I actually get hormones? I am trying to look up information about how I can get started but I can't find anything. Am I supposed to find a psychiatrist or doctor to get started? I have absolute no idea how to do that and besides if I did what do I do? Phone them and say "Yeah I feel like a girl would it be too much trouble to get me some estrogen pills, please?"

I live in Canada for reference.
>>
>>5492611
Find a psychologist (psychiatrist can't help you any more than a psychologist can and you'll wait longer for one), preferably with a masters degree and experience with gender stuff (look at their website, etc.

After a few meetings of asking questions about your sexuality and stuff they'll give you a letter for hormones, which you bring to a GP who'll refer you to an endo. That's the conventional way, there are also informed consent places that don't require a psychologist's evaluation, but they're not that common.

As for getting in touch with them, just email or phone the therapist and ask for an appointment. They'll ask the questions they need to ask during the appointment.
>>
Hi, question.

So I've been on the mones for a while and I've been having laser hair removal on my face, this being the sixth time. I've noticed I'm still getting stubble, even if it's clear and nearly transparent. Is this just a thing I'm going to have to deal with, i.e. still having to shave every couple days, or should the last hairs work themselves out soon? I have one more session coming in a week or so before I think I'm calling it.
>>
Was anyone unsure about their cock when they started transitioning? Mine isnt a source of dsyphoria and Im not sure how I feel about it not working but I want the rest that comes with transition.
>>
>>5491471
I have a question about hormones.
Im about to start transition and gonna self med. Do I take Spiro and Estradiol together? or just Spiro for a while then start taking Estradiol later? And also would it be wise to take PM at the same time as Estradiol as a boost for breast growth?
>>
>>5492884
May seem weird, but I actually like my dick and intend on keeping it and keeping it working. mostly because I'm not really interesting in mutilating it to have a fake pussy. and because I get plenty of pleasure from using my dick, I'm usually a top.
>>
>>5492667
An informed consent place would be better. How do I find one? I dont need a (Psycho)logist to figure out what I already know just to get hormones
>>
>>5492962
Do you ever question if yours trans because of that?
>>
So I came out (for the first time) to a friend a few weeks ago and have been feeling kinda shit since.Like I wish I could just bundle up everything I said and bury it. I'm still getting dysphoria though.

I just don't know if I could handle coming out to everyone. Between the pain of electrolysis and socially coming out is it worth it? I've tried to repress before and that sucked major ass though.
>>
>>5492846

From what I understand laser on beard can have a certain level of effectiveness. If the hair is light in both colour and thickness (vellus hairs) then that is the same as cis-women have. If it is still... stubbly you might want to try electrolysis.
>>
>>5492981
Pretty sure mtfg has a list of informed consent places in Canada and the US in its OP at all times and they're applicable for FtMs as well if that's what you need, but I don't know if the list is up to date.

Depending on where you live, you could look up trans or lgbt specific clinics or advocacy websites, they usually have that sort of information. Otherwise, you can try just looking up something along the lines of "transgender informed consent [your area]" and hope you get results.
>>
>>5493054
Coming out sucks and it's never a pleasant experience, but you kinda have to if you're trans. Keep in mind there's nothing wrong about just sending people an email explaining the situation if you're not comfortable telling them face to face. It takes away a lot of the pressure. Whether it's worth it or not is up to you.
>>
>>5492884
I was ambivalent because of the "axe-wound" stigma around SRS. Once I did some research and found out you can actually get a pretty decent neovag then I made up my mind pretty quickly that I'm getting rid of the penis eventually
>>
>>5493136
Here's the informed consent list, page 34 for Canada. Like I said though, it's likely incomplete so do your own research as well.
>>
>>5493148

I can't come out to my folks by email. Which is a shame because I wrote one up and it was legit the best thing I ever wrote. I've got to do it face to face though. I can't have a positive reaction if it is something they've prepared. I need to see what their real reaction is.

For the rest of my friends it is complex for a few reasons. I think a facebook post should suffice though. We're distant at the moment at anyrate.
>>
>>5492995
so you think that because you want to keep you dick functional, you think you're not trans? Is that what youre saying? I guess I understand. and yeah i guess i do to an extent. but you should worry about it too much. how far along in transition are you?
Take me for example: I am trans wouldnt admit it to myself or accept it for a long time because I am attracted to girls wasn't really ever into guys. Always thought being a transgirl and being attracted to guys went hand in hand. So I went through my life with the mentality "I like girls, so I should just be a guy" turns out thats jsut not who I am. I had alot of unhappiness because I didnt feel like I was being myself, constantly watching my back, catching myself makeing sure I didnt act feminine, even though sometimes it jsut came naturally. This ended alot of my relationships. so I forced myself to try and appear more masculine to hide and repress my fem side. until in the last year I realized and admitted it to myself, "I am Trans"

my dick never gave me dysphoria it was hiding who i was.
>>
>>5492995
>>5493301
OMG so sorry typo I meant to say "you Shouldn't worry about it too much"
>>
File: IMG_1781-1.jpg (19KB, 165x199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1781-1.jpg
19KB, 165x199px
I'm a huge fucking jew fag, how do I get a dick if I'm a biological male that identifies as a female.
>>
>>5493214
I dont know if i could even come out to anyone, I'm seriously scared of it. I almost want to run away and start over but I love my family too much, but the fear of them rejecting me as unlikely as it is scares the shit out of me
>>
>>5493317
Sorry You seem to be in the wrong thread.
This thread is reserved for Trans MTF and FTM and support.
The fucking jew fags are 3 pages back.
Good luck finding your Dick. ;)
>>
>>5493318
I think for me it is a matter of not being able to go on as I have been. I'm not able to repress or deny who I am. Maybe if I was in some third-world hellhole I'd be able to but there's no real necessity where I am.

That said it isn't going to be easy. What I really want to do is just start hormones and come out to my folks a half a year later. It occurs to me, that doing so would cause more damage to my familial relationships then coming out ever could. Keeping secrets can choke things.

Best of luck to you. I know what you mean by wanting to run away and start over.
>>
>>5493332
It sounds like they're MTF if they're being sincere about being "a biological male that identifies as a female".
>>5493317
Just to clarify, are you asking about how to find a relationship with someone else that has a dick, or do you want to grow another dick yourself?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ni4ucoj3651r6cdat.jpg (107KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ni4ucoj3651r6cdat.jpg
107KB, 500x375px
>>5492611
>>5492667

I was the person who originally asked the question. I did some more research and found an informed consent clinic. I called them and now I'm on their wait list which is about 2-3 months they said. While these 3 months are going to be hell, I'm glad I'm going somewhere with this. Thank you for replying, I very much appreciate it.

Thank you so much
>>
>>5493382
If you're comfortable taking the risks involved, you might look into self-medding in the mean time.
>>
>>5493382
Wow, 2-3 months is really short, that's awesome. The one I know of around here had like a year long waiting list last I checked.
>>
>>5493344
Thanks, I feel that exact same way, Im done repressing it. Its still hard hiding it though.
I've also thought about waiting a while into transition to come out, part of me thinks it will make more sense to say it when I look more like a girl.
I wish you lots of luck too.
>>
>>5493382
>>5493401
Thats Short??!! Holy Shit!!

Glad I'm doing what this guy>>5493391 said I'm taking the risk and self medding
>>
>>5493401
If you're lucky enough to live near a Planned Parenthood that does HRT, they don't even have waiting lists. It's literally just how long it takes to get blood test results back and boom, you're good.
>>
>>5493437
Wow, that would have been good to know in 2014... Oh well, it didn't take me a really long time to get mine, I had a few weeks of therapy and then blood tests with a GP and I was done. Got lucky, though.
>>
>>5493437
>>5493401
>>5493382
>tfw UK
>tfw 3.5 year waiting time
>at the end of it FFS isn't even covered by the NHS because it's 'cosmetic'
lovely
>>
>>5493452
Not all of them do it, it's a pretty small list and I'm not sure there's a comprehensive one floating around.
>>
>>5493470
Ahh, okay. I'm guessing the ones that do it are in the US anyway, too..
>>
>>5493391
Will self-medding effect any services I receive at the clinic? While it sounds like a good idea, I don't want to screw up anything in the future just for being a little impatient.

>>5493401
Oh well in that case I'm rather glad.
>>
>>5493487
Self-medding usually doesn't change anything, but you'd have to let the doctor know or they won't take that into account when prescribing stuff. Something to keep in mind too is that self-medding can be pretty pointless if you're not monitoring your levels on such a short time scale.
>>
>>5493478
The only ones I'm sure of are in the US.
That being North Carolina: Raleigh, Chapel Hill (this one is testosterone only unfortunately), and Asheville.
>>
>>5491471
>take all these tests
>read up on the questioning articles
>everything points to me being androgynous

Well what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?
>>
>>5493736
Whatever the hell you want. The tests don't mean shit, if you really want another person's insight in your gender identity go see a therapist.
>>
>>5493736
why did you do all this?
>Well what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?
is there any reason to do anything at all? are you unhappy?
>>
>>5493782
Yes
>>
File: 1429046241700.gif (989KB, 318x247px) Image search: [Google]
1429046241700.gif
989KB, 318x247px
How long have you other Brits been waiting on the NHS?
3 months since I saw the GP and not even a letter from the GIC yet.
>>
Is it normal for hormones to make me want to sleep a lot?
>>
Regarding names, what do you think of just looking up popular names from your birth year? It seems like it would attract less "what's the story behind that name" questions.
>>
>>5494000
That's what I've done. I initially told myself I'd pick within the top 25 for my region and year. I picked number 26 but only because it made top 10 the following year, so it is still perfectly inconspicuous. The issue with a bunch of them was they were either ethnic names or I knew a bunch of people with that name already.
>>
I'm at about 4 months into hormones, and though the changes are rather grand, I still fucking hate looking at myself. Is this normal?
>>
>>5494195
Is it the masculine or feminine aspects of you, or something else entirely, that you hate?
>>
>>5494205
The masculine aspects. Like, you're getting close to being passable but there are a few things that still need to change.
>>
UK here, on a long waiting list so I want to get laser hair removal (mtf) done ASAP privately. I have the money but am currently stuck on which clinic to go to as there aren't many reviews out there. There's a few independent ones which would reveal my location a little too specifically for my liking but also two that are chains:
https://www.transforminglives.co.uk
https://www.sknclinics.co.uk
Any UK folks have experience getting laser with either of these chains and can vouch for them? It's going to be terrifying enough as it is without being unsure what quality I'm getting out of it.
>>
Is there anything I Should NOT do or take when self medding hrt?
>>
>>5494301
don't eat bananas, too many will give you a heart attack
>>
>>5494195

yes. hormones aren't a dysphoria quick fix. give it time.
>>
>>5494294
Also several of the independent clinics round here claim to use a new laser system called "Soprano XL", apparently pain-free which would be excellent for me as I have a really low pain tolerance and am worried about being able to stand the treatment for long enough to be effective. However I assume it's more expensive, if it isn't bullshit, but can't find prices for those clinics. Anybody else been treated with this laser system and can tell me how it was / how much it cost?
>>
>>5494311
holy shit, really?! thanks for telling me I'll stay clear of those
>>
>>5494311
At least give a proper answer...

>>5494301
Verify the contraindications for the meds. The most well known one anon is referencing is spiro being a potassium-sparing diuretic. That means you can't consume too much potassium (bananas being a common source, but definitely not the only one) if you don't want hyperkalemia (you don't).

Spiro and other HRT meds aren't special, just like every other medication you should be looking into their contraindications.

Another common thing is watch your alcohol intake and don't smoke, but that's not exclusive to hormones.
>>
As far as Voice goes, Has training actually helped anyone?
I have a wide vocal range myself so I can make my voice a higher pitch but it is a lot of work to stay like that and when i relax again it goes back down,
>>
>>5494359
Ok well I hate smoking, and I dont drink much these days.
>>
How discrete are the qhi.co.uk packages? A long they don't state that there's medication in the box from the outside, or rattle like a rattlesnake, I should be fine.
>>
>>5494387
Mine definitely did rattle but had nothing on the packaging to suggest its medical nature. The customs sticker listed the contents as "plastic beads", the tykes.
>>
>>5493462
>implying burgers get FFS covered by insurance
>>
>>5494356
that's only with spiro. look up the drugs you're taking, there's plenty of info on the internet
>>
>>5494520
no I know that, but at least the waiting time to be diagnosed is shorter in the US thanks to stuff like informed consent, we don't have that here
>>
>>5493368
How do I find a relationship with someone who has a dick
>>
>>5494660
Flirt with a bisexual or open minded guy. It's really not hard, you just need to know where to look. From experience, the girl within usually takes precedence during interactions rather than your exterior, as cheesy as it sounds.
>>
>>5494520

Some people seem to be on insurance plans that will pay for FFS, but whenever I ask, no one spills the beans.
>>
File: 2016-01-05 01.09.31.png (63KB, 226x201px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-05 01.09.31.png
63KB, 226x201px
Please keep in mind that this post was written at 1:45am by a sexually confused 18 y/o guy living in a shithole country, with basic knowledge of the english language:

So, how do I actually know if I'm trans? I've had the feeling since I was like 10 but only really cared about it now that I'm 18, yet I'm not really sure if it is the right thing to do, not being able to procreate scares me a lot, and I'm in a situation where I know I won't be accepted by my parents at all, I wish I had a job and lived alone away from them so I could start transitioning now without them noticing, but I live with them and being a NEET doesn't help me.
I'm still not sure anyway, I feel like my main reason for wanting to change is "because I want to be pretty" I actually like who I am right now personality-wise, except maybe for my extreme insecurity and social akwardness, but I don't like my male body at all and feel like being female would be way better;
I've heard people here talk about how they changed their intersts during/after transition, and I don't like that, I don't want to become Gayer, I don't want to lose my interest in the stuff I like right now, but I want to have the body of a girl, I want to be able to explore the things that I've not been allowed to explore because "males aren't supposed to do that", I fucking hate gender roles, I don't want to be dominant and muscular, I'm ok being weak and submissive.
But I'm scared, something as the reduced sex drive you get from transitioning are one of the things I don't want, I feel like the ultra-high sex drive I have right now is somehow a important part if my personality, and losing it would make me feel like I'm no longer "me" but who the hormones make me be.
I'm not interested on having a fake vagina, I like my dick, but dislike everything else around it.
I'm scared and confused about all this, your help would be appreciated.
>>
>>5496059
>I don't like my male body at all and feel like being female would be way better;
trans/10
>>
>>5496065
Well maybe I was exaggerating, I mean, I like the idea of looking like a girl but I don't really feel like I have the "mind" of a girl, I don't even like the idea of being called with female pronouns, and all the problems that come along with being trans scare me
>>
>>5496113
And I don't actually completely dislike my body, now that I think about it, what I don't like about it is how it doesn't fit with the male standards, I wouldn't mind being a weakass nerd if I wasn't expected to be all buff and sporty
>>
>>5496059

No matter what you decide, you don't need to change your personality. Most people who transition keep most of their old interests and such.

If you mainly want to be pretty, you could consider maybe being a feminine male without transitioning, or maybe socially transition.

The effects of hormones on sex drive are pretty unpredictable; there's a reasonable chance that if you took them that your sexual response will not stay exactly the same. Supposedly as long as you keep using your penis regularly it will still get hard for sex, but things like amount of ejaculate or ease of arousal might change. Given what you've written you'd probably not want the full hormone doses that are typical for male to female transition, but you might benefit from smaller amounts if you want to decrease masculinization and acquire some feminine physical traits.

The family stuff is difficult, definitely. Finding a way to get a job and / or move out might be a good thing to try regardless of if you transition, though, so maybe look into that.
>>
>>5496150
Yeah, getting a job and getting out is one of the things I know I have to do no matter what, but what worries me is how long would it take me to do that, starting transitioning late is one of my worries, since most Trans people here talk about how much they reject starting late, I want to be able to "pass" if I do it, I may possibly hate myself if I don't
>>
>>5496113
>>5496133
So maybe being a feminine, or at least non-masculine, boy is closer to what you'd be comfortable with? (That's independent of whatever your sexual orientation is, of course; you wouldn't need to change what you're attracted to.)

I don't know if it will be helpful, but the current /femgen/ thread is here:
>>5486224
>>
>>5496175
One option is to take some anti-androgens without estrogen in the mean time, to prevent your body from getting more masculine from testosterone. It's not a good idea to be on them alone for years (you risk developing osteoporosis if you don't have sex hormones in your body), but it's reasonably safe in the short term and you would likely have minimal breast growth or other changes that would be apparent to your family.
>>
>>5496186
well I'm not really sure, I'm very confused about all this, I mean, sometimes I've thought about it, but I always end up changing my mind, being a femenine male sometimes doesn't feel like it's "enough" for me, and that's why I consider being trans, but sometimes it does look like the best idea ever, I just don't know, I'm asking for help because of this
>>
>>5496198
how and where do I get those?
>>
>>5496226
The ones that seem to get used the most as the primary anti-androgen are spironolactone and cyproterone. Both have their own risks, you'd want to look carefully into that before deciding on anything. You might be able to get a prescription from a doctor for one of those for an unrelated condition; I think spironolactone is sometimes prescribed for acne, for example. Another option, which I'm not sure if you have in your country, would be to go to an informed consent clinic. The other option would be to order them online.
>>
>>5496249
Nice, getting those may not be that hard and I may not need to hide them, I'll look into it, thanks.
Also:
>Informed consent clinic
I have no idea if we have those here, if I knew how they're called in spanish maybe I would, but what exactly IS an informed consent clinic?
>>
>>5494520
My insurance (CenCal) covers plastic surgery. As far as I'm aware, all I need is a doctor's referral.
>>
1 week of larynx raising exercises and I still can't hold it up without swallowing.
Is this normal or am I retarded?
>>
>>5493898
4-5 years
i hope youre not going to nottingham
>>
>>5496715
I'm the same tbqh, no idea how they do it
>>
>>5496198
>>5496226
>>5496310
>but it's reasonably safe in the short term
it's not. using anti-androgens for some months will cause depression. it is not safe to stay on anti-androgens (AA) without hormones. from personal experience i can say 2 months is perfectly safe but i wouldn't take them much longer without estrogen.
>informed consent clinic
it's a clinic that doesn't require a recommendation from a therapist to get hrt prescribed from. it's useful for trans people who are sure of themselves and know that they want to transition so the hassle to get hrt is reduced to a minimum.
are you sure you are already at the point where you want to medically intervene? what are you gonna do after a few months when you need to decide wether you want to take estrogen or stop the AA?
you don't need to make any decision just yet! you're 18, you are still in the early range to transition and chances are good, even if you would take a year to decide it wouldn't have any effect on wether you pass or not.
you sound very scared about transitioning but you don't sound like you understand transitioning. look into the actual effects of hormone replacement therapy. it's bodily changes. it won't grow you a fake vagina btw. if you like to keep your penis keep it. mind altering effects, besides a happier mood and emotional rollercoaster for a bit, are personal anecdotes you can't project onto yourself.
i know it sounds like cheap advice but it's the best one you need: chill. take some time, think about this thoroughly and then make a well informed decision.

>I don't want to become Gayer,
what does this mean?
>>
>>5496893
>you don't need to make any decision just yet! you're 18, you are still in the early range to transition and chances are good, even if you would take a year to decide it wouldn't have any effect on wether you pass or not.
The only thing I want to say about this is that if you start a year earlier, that's a year earlier that you can go full time and leave all this shit behind you. Once you're sure of yourself I would start HRT ASAP
>>
>hate the masculinity of my body and particularly my face/head
>would definitely choose female body over male
but
>fetishistic
>no real social dysphoria; just kind of used to everything and it's eh
what do
>>
>>5497089
>fetishistic
Lots are. Usually that starts to go away when shit gets serious.
>kind of used to everything
Well, yeah. Work out how you really feel about stuff. If you don't need to transition, then don't (you lucky fuck). If you do, then do. Only you can know.
Even then it'll only be like 95% sure.
>>
>>5497092
Well therein lies the rub. If I could just keep taking hormones forever and nothing else changes, then that's cool. But it's not like that.
Do I need to physically transition? Probably
Do I need to socially transition? No

But that's the only combination that doesn't work that way
>>
>>5493941
I am. What's up with Nottingham??
>>
>>5497152
>Do I need to socially transition? No
if you need to physically transition and bodily changes would force you to socially transition: would you feel bad about it?
>>
>>5497240
Bad in what way I guess? If everyone just starts calling me ma'am and thinks I'm a girl, whatever that's cool. But more likely I'd just end up as a poster child hon face, which would be distressing. I'm too exhausted dealing with other shit to deal with that too.
>>
>>5497403
TRANS
R
A
N
S
>>
File: 1443515335796.png (236KB, 586x476px) Image search: [Google]
1443515335796.png
236KB, 586x476px
Well, I guess it's time for me stop lurking and actually ask.

15-16 y/o male here, and I'm unsure about whether I'm trans or not. Been experiencing dysphoria for a while, and it's been fucking with my life(depression, etc). I've always been uncomfortable at the thought of being a very dominant and masculine man and I really don't want the body of a male or anything of the sort. I'm also very envious of women and want to look pretty blah blah.
The only time I could ever see myself staying male is if I were to get a very dominant gf (think /gfd/).

BUT

I've been in an all boys school since I was 7 and I honestly wonder if these feelings are just developing because I haven't interacted much with girls for quite a long time :| Also I don't really know much about girls?
(I'm not unhappy with my dick if that counts for anything)

I don't know whether I have "the mind/brain of a female" or something and I don't really know how that works desu, I just want to look cute and wear girls clothes and stuff?? But then I'm afraid that I won't be accepted and many other things like whether I'm bi or gay or straight or ??. I'm really at a loss at what to do.

Thanks for any help in advance.
(Sorry for the long post)
>>
>>5497403
>If everyone just starts calling me ma'am and thinks I'm a girl, whatever that's cool.
that's what i meant. you don't feel bad/dysphoria if you'd be called a girl. that means if you feel like you need to transition physically/medically there is no conflict. sorry if that was obvious to you but it seemed different.
>If I could just keep taking hormones forever and nothing else changes, then that's cool.
please elaborate. the very purpose of taking hormones is change.
>>
>>5497462
Try interacting with girls anon. Try whatever you think might work, but be prepared for it not to maybe.
Lots of people thought "oh it's just because XYZ" and were wrong. OTOH lots were right.
I hope you find out soon, the not knowing is the shitty part :)
>>
>>5491471
I think I'm trans, but I like girls and want to have children someday.
>>
>>5497480
adoption or freezing sperm are viable options.
>but
*and
sexual orientation and wanting children are no indications that you can't be trans.
>>
>>5497494
This.
It doesn't go away anon.
>>
>>5497412
:/

>>5497472
It's just indicative, I think, of my apathy toward being seen as a man or woman in society. People call me sir and think I'm a man and that's also whatever. BUT I don't want to be a freakshow, and it would take a lot of effort and changes for that to happen.
When I say And nothing else changes, I mean beyond the bodily changes from the hormones.
>>
>>5494520
>burgers

Why the fuck would a sandwich need surgery? That's not even possible you doofus.
>>
>>5497476
Thing is, I don't really have any opportunities to until next year ;_; I'm only pretty close to my sister and I've been talking to her about make-up and clothes though, so I guess I've got that going on for me, which is nice.
>>
File: michael-cera.jpg (106KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
michael-cera.jpg
106KB, 618x412px
Is Purera Mirifica worth it or is it just snake oil?
>>
>>5497558

>Not going in for surgery after the clown in the kitchen fucked up your burger
>Not telling the french fries the burger will come out fine and will live it's full expected lifetime
>Not rearranging the pickles so they're evenly spread across the burger.
>Not clinically applying the mayonnaise they didn't care to

Honestly, patient and meal outlook can be a lot better with prayers and some effort. It's a shame we live in a time people would want the entire burger replaced.
>>
>>5496727
why? I'm referred to Nottingham. The person referring me said they have 6 months wait. Nottingham's figures say usually 12 months.

How bad actually is it?

please anyone, talk about Nottingham clinic? i hear people say 'oh no nottingham' but what is bad specifically?
>>
>>5497696
i was pissed about for over 3 years and had the people meant to be helping me saying things about how i "wasnt trying to pass as male" (i'm fucking 5'4 and have a baby-face what am i supposed to do) and how i wasnt really trans because i have an interest in fashion and i dont think the colour pink is the worst thing ever. once they even sat there and told me i looked like a girl and wondered why i was pissed off.

lo and behold, i get referred to daventry and one of the first things i get told is that it's ok for me to like things like fashion and that maybe not all trans people are walking stereotypes.

>tl;dr play up gender stereotypes at nottingham and you might escape unharmed. dont even hint at liking anything non-stereotypically your gender.
>>
>>5497743
oh i'll do fine then, i've been self medding for 6+ months, i'm full time and have been since september, i've had laser, i'm having some cosmetic surgery done soon, i dress like a basic bitch (love wool jumpers, tank tops, skinniy jeans and uggs), try and do voice but sound like a gay teen but it doesn't stop me. got my name changed. all i need them for is to talk with things about, a stable prescription and a psych's stamp of approval on specific feminising surgeries/srs. they may have an issue with me being in a relationship with another trans girl but meh. i doubt i'll run into too much difficulty.

desu my ftm friend had a guy at charing cross say his hair was to long for a guy and if he was really committed to transition. the guy is a metalhead and has a beard. yeah idk either.
>>
>>5497403
Just get ffs. With the right surgeon your face would be far from "hon" tier.
>>
>>5497743
Haha it looks like I'm going to go through hell when they finally acknowledge my referral. Thanks for the warning.
>>
Is passing even real? Or are all trans people doomed to be obvious always regardless of treatments?
>>
>>5497403
congrats, you are a transgender woman, along with all the wonderful new insecurity that entails

also who gives a fuck if you're fetishistic? I play with my tits almost constantly when I'm alone, it's a totally new way of getting off and I love it. as long as you enjoy it do it I say, and it sounds like you've got plenty of justification for how it'd make your life better.
>>
>>5497696
3.5 years actual waiting time and rising
also RLE
>>
>>5497863
Didn't you know? If you don't have a stunted sexuality and even a hint of a sex drive, you're not ~trutrans~ and probably AGP as opposed to a supergay.
>>
>>5497821
this is the part where you get linked to mtfg trips who actually do pass flawlessly but did so after only a month or two on hormones and had perfect genetics from the start that you don't have so you just get viciously envious and depressed about how unachievable your happiness is
>>
>>5497870
Just wow. I'll probably have been passing and full-time for over a year before they see me. It seems going to the GIC will be almost pointless.
>>
So when I look at guys' bodies, im jelous I don't look like that and if I got the choice to have a tall muscular body I would but I don't feel crippling dysphoria. Does this count as dysphoria?
Also how do I know this just isnt a phase?
>>
>>5497880
Are those people really genetically gifted or are they just masters of makeup and illusion? All the transitions I've witnessed irl (quite a bit, mind you) took significantly longer than the miracle children that shit up places like /r/transtimelines with their flawless 2 months of excessive change.
>>
if there is a 0% chance of passing is killing yourself a viable option?
>>
>>5497913
i think i will too
>>
>>5497908
Surgery. I'm on a work PC and can't stitch these together so have a look at these, careful of the second pic its during recovery.

http://i.4cdn.org/lgbt/1451965385568.jpg
http://imgur.com/3ehhPuv
http://i.4cdn.org/lgbt/1451961345945.jpg
>>
>>5497906
Honestly, only you and a therapist can really answer that question... Take everything you read here with a grain of salt, there are a lot of misinformed people here who'll give you their opinions as fact. Some will tell you the slightest thing makes you trans and others will tell you that you need to be a depressed wreck to be trans. Really, just talk to a professional if you're questioning.
>>
>>5497870
>>5497870
i thought 3.5 years was for Leeds. Nottingham was 6 months as of last year, someone had got a referral and posted it here and they had ended up waiting 8 months. Nottingham released figures that anyone referred during or after 2015 would be looking at a 12 month wait. I'm doing RLE, i have a job and i've been presenting fem at work along with asking people to call me my new name since July. RLE won't be an issue.
>>
>>5497928
The first pic wasn't bad at all. Unless of course it was just a really good angle. Angles seem make or break trans timelines I've noticed.

I've been considering ffs myself, but from what I've been told I hardly need it, I suppose it's just lingering dysphoria, that and I've only been on hormones for about 4 months. I would just assume it's really just in a person's head at a certain point. Is it really worth it though? To tame the small bouts of depression my appearance can still cause? The second pic looks pretty awful, and I had a pretty rough time recovering my trache shave of all things, god knows I'd be miserable recovering from something that taxing.
>>
>>5497986
maybe I got Leeds and Notts mixed up, the Midlands is all the same tbqh
>>
>>5494387
Asking the same question here. I ordered a whole lot of meds from there, and been a while(granted i did order around Christmas holidays while they were closing shop).

I'm with in europe, so i should be fine right? Or do i have the chance of being caught and fined for not having a prescription?
>>
>>5494373

You have to keep at it 24/7. Seriously, that's the only way you're going to get to the point where you can keep it up without trying.
>>
Does anyone here know where I could begin HRT in Japan? I'm in Tokyo and despite a few resources, I'm really having trouble figuring out what clinic or therapist I should go to so that I can start.
>>
Is it common for people to not want sexual reassignment surgery? I'd rather not bother with a psuedo-vagina considering how awful they look. And it's a lot of something that doesn't look great.
>>
>>5498529
If you pay the premium for a good surgeon they usually end up looking fine. Modern medicine has made some progress believe it or not.
>>
So I've been planning to start self medding hrt, mostly because I'm too scared/embarrassed to go to my doctor and tell him I'm trans and want to transisiton. I even ordered hormones, but theyre taking forever to get here. so in that time I've had more time to think, I may be mustering up the courage to go to the doc and tell him. Is any of the treatments we go through covered under insurance(hormones, or laser hair removal), because if so thats more of a reason for me to go through my doctor.
>>
>>5498529
I dont think I'd do it even if they could give me the best looking fake pussy in the history of time, I like my dick.
Can you even have an orgasm after they chop you up down there?
>>
>>5498617
I think so. It's an inverted penis, no?
>>
>>5498617
Actually yeah. It's honestly not as bad as the nightmares you hear about, that, for some reason, always surface to the top.
>>
>>5498642
yes and no. All I know is I can orgasm just fine the way my penis is. I just tuck. and maybe I just dont want to take the risk of losing that.
>>
>>5498529
It's not uncommon, no.
>>
>>5498617
I had sex with a post op girl, she really seemed to enjoy it.
>>
What are some things I can do to transition while I'm waiting for hrt? I have been exercising/dieting and I want to start voice training soon but what else can I do in the in the meantime?
>>
>>5498714
If you want to wear different types of clothes or makeup or whatever, you could work on those things I guess?
>>
File: Ashley.jpg (18KB, 373x353px) Image search: [Google]
Ashley.jpg
18KB, 373x353px
>6'3"
>Broad shoulders
>Man jaw so bad ffs likely isn't going to help any

Why live friends?
>>
>>5498733
While I might pick up some more androgynous cloths, I don't really feel comfortable doing makeup yet.
>>
>humping pillow 'cause in a lewd mewd
>realise that hearing my girlvoice moaning is getting me more wet
>squeeze boob with free hand and start going at it hard
>orgasm stroking my own skin turned on by how soft and smooth and pale it is
>tfw never used to be like this before whoremoans
>tfw HRT made me AGP
>tfw it's amazing
>>
>>5498969
That just sounds AMAZING!
>>
>>5498750
I'm so sorry. You cant give up on life though. You could still be beautiful with those features. just dont give up
>>
File: 1446301267093.jpg (15KB, 138x176px) Image search: [Google]
1446301267093.jpg
15KB, 138x176px
>>5498969
>tfw I used to hump pillows since I was 3
>one day I decided to "man up" and learn2fap
>7 years later, can't sissyhump anymore
>>
>>5498815
I too am kinda in that same boat, I'm not comfortable putting on make up in public just yet, I'm still living in boy mode, I guess I should start dressing more androgynous, but where can i shop and what do i get?
currently I'm exercising and working on getting rid of body hair. I've been getting electrolosys on my eyebrows and face, almost afraid to ask her to start on my beard, she made a comment about not wanting to make me look too much like a girl, she has worked on some transgenders before. so i kinda think she may have figured me out.
I'm hoping i can get laser on my body hair.
>>
>>5499075
Is humping pillows common among trans? Cuz i used to do it all the time, never really made any connection. I jsut liked how it felt, I'd even lie prone on the floor to do it
>>
>>5499116
Not everything in your life has to be related to being trans. Lots of children figure out at some point that certain things feel good.
>>
>>5499153
I never assumed that "EVERYTHING in my life was related to being trans" I was just curious, because another trans person mentioned they did that too.
I even said I never made any connection with the two.
>>
Facial hair, What can I do about it. will laser get rid of it or must I tough it out with the pain of electolysis. I have a thick beard, thats alot of pokes with a electric needle and very time consuming. and how much will hormones help?
>>
>>5499368
If you have dark hair and light skin, laser will do the job fine.
>>
>>5499385
really? thank you, thats what i have. I was actually worried that would be a problem
>>
Can you just learn sign language and pretend to be a mute rather than train your voice?
>>
>>5499539
The laser's absorbed by dark pigments, so it goes right through light skin and gets absorbed by dark hair follicles. That's why electrolysis is recommended for dark skins or lighter hair, since it doesn't use light.
>>
Terrified to transition and having everyone think
I look like a man trying to be a woman. Also
terrified of what my parents will think.

Don't have the money to go through laser hair
removal, nor the insurance for hormones and
therapy. Don't want to take hormones because
I hate taking drugs.

Can't wear makeup because my body is
extremely allergic to like, EVERYTHING.

Don't want to be a boy anymore, but am doing
nothing about it and it's my fault.

Sorry, just wanted to vent.
>>
>>5499116
continual pressure on the perineum makes for a more female-like orgasm
>>
>>5499700
And constantly have your manhands put out on display? Great plan!
>>
I know this gets asked all the time but, what's the best and cheapest website to buy mones in the UK? One of the sites I tried was out of stock on crypto and I need a reliable source that isn't going to needlessly cost me more.
>>
>>5491471
My question is not in anyway meant to offend or berate anybody trans, but where do you see yourself in 10-20 years? How many trans women pass once they reach middle age?
>>
>>5499700
Shit I like this idea.
>>
File: nutmunchingjaws.jpg (81KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
nutmunchingjaws.jpg
81KB, 425x640px
>>5498750
Because women can be women even if they don't have round, soft jaws.
>>
>>5501080
Hormones dictate how you age. If they passed before, they'll age like a normal woman and pass after too.
>>
I have been taking hormones for 3 months now and was wondering if I should up my spiro from 100mg to 200mg. what sort of things would indicate if I am in the right range?
>>
>>5500161
You mean pressure during the orgasm? I thought I read somewhere that that was extremely unhealthy/dangerous.
>>
Looking into self medding in the US, what sites ship without prescription? Are there product origin countries I should avoid?
Lastly, what are the recommended doses for different estrogens and antiandrogens? I'm looking at avoiding spironolactone because I have difficulty taking medications regularly and prefer to take everything in a single dose where I'm pretty sure spiro is taken twice a day.
>>
>>5501579
Get cypro, no point in going with spiro if you're going to self-med no matter what country you're in

Spiro is only useful imo if you want your insurance to cover your anti-androgen. Because it's a blood pressure medication all insurances will cover it even if they have trans care exclusions. If you're paying out of pocket for an AA you're better off importing cypro from a foreign pharmacy as it is way better than spiro.
>>
is it possible to have a face that not even ffs can fix at 20 - 21? or am i just being a pessimist
>>
>>5501869
At worst, you can still be attractive, even if androgynous.
>>
>>5501869

Without a doubt.
>>
>>5491471
Has anyone had any experience with high doses of estradiol? I have someone on another forum convincing me that it's the way to go. I'm postop.
>>
>>5502049
I had a high dosage for about a week. I felt sick for a few days and then nothing really changed so I believe it is better to take doses in your range rather than excessive.
>>
>>5501210
>tfw Jarvis Cocker jaw
>tfw will never pass even after maximum FFS
>>
>>5501548
idk but nah not during anyway, do it leading up to orgasm, I couldn't control my hands enough during orgasm to do it then
>>
>>5502092
What were you taking and how much?
>>
>>5502112
6mg estradiol and 100mg spiro I believe during that time
>>
>>5502142
Orally? Sublingually? For how long?
>>
>>5502155
Estradiol under the tongue, spiro orally. I was only on that dosage for a week.
>>
>>5497863
:\\
Shouldn't being called 'sir' and shit upset me though? Like, people will literally go as a girl in public before even starting hormones
>>
>huge chin
>like 2 inches from bottom of chin to bottom lip when I smile

I look at my face and it's all I can see

is it ever possible to pass with something like that
>>
>>5502265
Plastic surgery is an option.
>>
>>5496893
Is 18 the early range? I'm in my early twenties and really scared I've left it too late ;_;
>>
Apologies in advance for the tl;dr.

If there are any other FTM folks around, would you mind telling me if you ever physically feel any different right after you inject T? Aside from minor pain around the injection site, do you notice any effects that appear pretty much instantly?

I posted this in the FTM thread last night, but I'm still freaked out. I messed up my the first subcutaneous T injection I gave myself at home. I was really tired and nervous, and I first forgot to clean the top of the vial with alcohol before poking the needle in to draw out the liquid. Then, I just pushed the needle in at a 45-degree angle and injected instead of pinching a fold of my skin together and then doing so (which is how my doctor showed me to do it; I'm doing sub-Q instead of IM). There was no blood when I removed the needle. The area isn't red or raised or anything.

People told me that what I did wasn't a big deal and that I was just being paranoid, but I still don't feel right. Since a few minutes after the injection (~14 hours ago), I've felt sick - "woozy" and nauseated - and there's been ringing in my ears, and my eyes feel strange (like they're bulging out of my head). I don't have a needle phobia or anything, and, if needle anxiety HAD been what caused my symptoms, wouldn't they have gone away by now?

It's still many hours until my doctor's office opens, but I'll call then. I'm hoping that the worst I could have done was inject the T into my stomach muscle instead of into the subcutaneous fat, but why do I feel so gross now? Is it the T itself? My first injection went fine - no pain, no side effects.

Also, at what point in your transition (FTM or MTF) did you start having people call you by a different name and pronouns? I just started T and, at the moment, no one's going to mistake me for a guy. It feels delusional for me to start saying NOW that I'm male, so what the fuck am I in this in-between time? Am I just "trans"? I feel so fucking awkward.
>>
>>5502398
yes, 30-40 is late ;) don't worry too much, it comes down to genetics and how much you put in to it.
>>
/pol/ likes to claim that estrogen like substances in bottled water and soy products have an actual effect and can make people more feminine.
It sounds like pure tinfoil hat bullshit, but is the any actual scientific proof that it has no effect?
>>
File: notlemerchant.jpg (16KB, 227x243px) Image search: [Google]
notlemerchant.jpg
16KB, 227x243px
>>5502506
There is no evidence for such an absurd claim.
>>
>>5502490
But I am stressed ;-;

The thought of never being able to be passable and cute scares me a lot. I'm pretty thin, have smallish hands and feet, and have /some/ feminine facial features, so I hope I will, but then I look at my big chin or big broad forehead and get all sad again.

>>5502462

Can't speak for the injections, but I think you'll find that a lot of people here say you should come out publicly when you pass and not before (dunno if I agree but it is what it is). For what it's worth, I (trans girl) would never ever pass at this point and am out to no one, but still think of myself as a girl.
>>
>>5502462
>Also, at what point in your transition (FTM or MTF) did you start having people call you by a different name and pronouns?
I'm 3 months on HRT (mtf) and I'm out to my closest friends and family. I start getting boymode fails already, so it was a bit awkward before I told my friends that I hang out with, when I got called miss and such. I've basically asked them to use my female name and pronouns but I'm not really correcting them when they don't do it because I know it can be a bit difficult especially for family to just switch up name and pronouns.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 175x175px
How are FtMs regarded in the USA? As the OP says, how late is too late to start if you want to pass?
>>
>>5502575
For FtM's probably never.
>>
>>5502462
>People told me that what I did wasn't a big deal and that I was just being paranoid, but I still don't feel right.

there is seriously nothing that you could have done that would have immediately caused these symptoms except freaking out about your injection. it's anxiety. chill out.

>Also, at what point in your transition (FTM or MTF) did you start having people call you by a different name and pronouns?

i asked friends and family to switch when i came out to them. for friends this was pre-T and for family this was a few weeks after i started T. i waited until i was 7-8 months on T to come out at work and go full-time. i was only passing ~50% of the time at this point but being in the closet was killing me so i yolo'ed it.

>It feels delusional for me to start saying NOW that I'm male, so what the fuck am I in this in-between time? Am I just "trans"? I feel so fucking awkward.

yeah, that's normal. you're gonna feel awkward for a little while. everyone has a weird inbetween middle period and there's pretty much no avoiding it. the good news is that it's not nearly as bad as it seems.
>>
>>5502575

depends on where in the USA you're talking about. starting late for FTMs is no big deal. i started at 29 and i pass. i was girly-looking as fuck and thought i'd look like a woman forever. took me a couple years but i'm manly as fuck now.
>>
I need a hand getting my shit straight.

I'm fairly good looking and I enjoy the aesthetic value of masculinity; I don't dislike living like this, I'd just prefer if I didn't have to.
I see my body like you would see your character in a videogame: it's what gives me agency in the world, but it's not really me. In the matter of personality and identity I would absolutely say I'm a man if I had to pick.
It just boils down to having a body I'm not satisfied with. If I could press a button and turn into my female equivalent I'd do it in a heartbeat. Part of this I think is genital, which is why the idea of transitioning seems very unappealing to me.
Every now and then I'll get anxious and generally get bummed out by this, but it goes away after a couple days and the feeling of frustration isn't existentially troubling.

I honestly believe I have some degree of gender dysphoria, but the unhappiness it brings me is far from life defining; I just want to know how to deal with this passively.
>>
How did you tell anyone about being trans?

I don't think I could ever tell someone, I would rather die.
>>
>>5502881
Stay on HRT long enough to the point someone guesses and you accidentally pass.
>>
File: IMG_20160106_151324.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_151324.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
>>5494387
>>5498053
>>5494418
this is what mine came in
>>
File: 1451855415966.jpg (20KB, 293x604px) Image search: [Google]
1451855415966.jpg
20KB, 293x604px
FtM here

I've had a girlfriend of 5 years who says she's willing to transition with me.

Every part of me is convinced that she wont like me sexually.
She lies often. Sucks at communicating, etc.

I guess this is just a place for me to vent. I don't have any friends in real life for me to talk to.
>>
>>5491471
Most "gay" people aren't actually gay. There are only a small minority of actual gay people and the rest are like the people on this board. Sad people who pretend to be gay/trans/whatever to be different because they are sad loners who never got enough attention. I'll be glad when this fad dies.
>>
>>5499771
>Don't want to take hormones because
I hate taking drugs.
That's a terrible reason to not treat your problems. I suppose you wouldn't get important surgery that would vastly improve your quality of life either? How can you even have a problem with drugs in general as opposed to specific drugs?
>>
>>5504200
get out of the way we got a scientist here who knows everything
>>
>>5502238
It varies from person to person. Besides, not having absolutely every symptom of transsexualism doesn't mean you don't have some/enough.
>>
>>5504276
I'm sorry that the truth hurts you. That's probably why you pretend to be something that you aren't so you can get the attention you so crave.
>>
does anybody know where and how i could obtain relugolix? i'm dying to get hold of some. i've thought about contacting a couple of companies for a quote who have it in their catalogs, bocsci (BOC Sciences) based in US, and aokchem based in China. I don't know if the former would supply to me, I don't know if the latter is legitimate, I don't know how much it would cost, nothing.
>>
>>5504518
Why would you want that? It's a menopausal drug to reduce hot flashes, etc. Just get spiro.
>>
Is there any way to know before transition whether or not you'd pass?
>>
File: image002.jpg (40KB, 624x447px) Image search: [Google]
image002.jpg
40KB, 624x447px
>>5505826
>>
>>5505836
What does that mean? The more masculine I am, the more feminine I can be? Don't make no sense to me
>>
>>5505847
The more you look like the dude on the left, the better your chances of passing.
Also look at trans timelines and look for people who look like you before transitioning. You'd be surprised how radically some people change.
>>
File: 3340455.jpg (58KB, 492x394px) Image search: [Google]
3340455.jpg
58KB, 492x394px
>>5505856
Here's a better version I found.
>>
>>5505856
I'm at second dude from the leftish

Does this bode well for me
>>
>>5505991
>>5505991
You'll be fine
>>
File: heart.jpg (49KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
heart.jpg
49KB, 500x400px
>>5505998
Thanks <3
>>
What is it about sexuality that is so important when it comes to being trans? To all the doctors I talk with, it's one of the first things they ask me about.
>>
>>5506035
They just want to know if you're transitioning because of a fetish. After that you'll get into why you hate your body.
>>
>>5506055
Here's the thing, lots of us start out thinking it is just a fetish. Then it gets worse and you realise.

Really sucks desu
>>
>>5502462
here, doc confirmed that what I did was fine and said it's actually pretty damn hard to screw up, since the needle can only go in so far and the injection can either go into the subcutaneous fat or the muscle underneath. I physically feel like shit though, and it started after the injection. I'm having severe ringing and pain in my ears and my heart feels like it's jumping around in my chest. I really hope that I'm getting sick or something, because if these are side effects of the T, I'm going to be a very unhappy camper.

On a different note, I don't know what the fuck to do right now because my family is falling apart. My parents hate each other but have stayed together for over 30 fucking years. I don't know how or why. But tonight, my mom left, and I don't think she's coming back. She's staying in a hotel tonight and moving into an apartment tomorrow. She can't accept that her children are trans. I've just started transitioning, and my brother (six years younger) is soon going to become my sister - he's still completely in "guy mode" right now, but he's probably going to start transitioning after he graduates in the spring. My mom can't stand it. She says she's "grieving" for us like we've fucking died or something. I just can't even believe things have gotten to this point, where we can't even all be in the same house without constantly fighting. At least my dad is supportive and fairly knowledgeable about trans issues. If he wasn't, my soon-to-be sister and I would both be homeless right now. It's cold as fuck out right now too, snowy and icy. Not a good time to get kicked out of your house.

Anyone else lose their relationship with their parent(s) due to their trans-ness? It really fucking hurts - makes me want to die. I never thought things could get this bad. As much as I want to transition, I almost wish I hadn't decided to come out and had kept on living a lie.
>>
>>5502575
testosterone is a helluva drug. it would be very difficult for ftms not to pass, assuming your dose is correct and you are actually putting in minimal effort
>>
>>5502575
>too late
>FtM
There are FtMs who pass perfectly who transitioned in their 70s. Too late is when you die, as far as FtM transition is concerned.
>>
>>5506551
>>5506582
This makes me very happy. I can't wait to start seeing changes.
>>
seeing therapist for first time tomorrow. what to expect?
>>
>>5507356
General questions about you, your identity, probably signing some papers, etc.
>>
so what exactly goes on at the fag clubs on college campuses? will they turn me into a girl?
>>
I'm having some troubles with my mtf girlfriend. Whenever we start getting intimate she starts bawling her eyes out because she gets an erection. I thought her hrt was supposed to stop that.

I don't want to see her like that. She wants to have sex but it happens every time. I just an still having trouble trying to think like someone who has dysphoria. Is there any way I could comfort her about it so she doesn't have to cry herself to sleep every time it happens?

I know it's kind of a vague question
>>
>>5507708
HRT stops random boners but in certain people when things get intimate it still works. It'll be an issue for her until she gets the operation, just try to be supportive of her getting it done and let her know you love her over and over. She'll be feeling terrible and disgusting so do what you can to let her know you won't leave her over the ordeal.
>>
I hate myself and what I am (male). What are some ways to cope with this?

I would transition if I felt it would really make me a woman, but I just don't think the technology is here yet; at least not on the level I would need to make the change.
>>
>>5504142
When you say she's "willing to transition" with me... what exactly does that mean? Is she going to start dressing and living as a man along with you?
>>
>>5507794
*with you
I shouldn't try to post around midnight. My fingers turn into pumpkins.
>>
File: 1404148887504.jpg (88KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404148887504.jpg
88KB, 960x720px
Am I AGP if I'm a cis male who identifies as a MtFtM and finds their genitalia arousing?
>>
File: solarshit.jpg (21KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
solarshit.jpg
21KB, 306x306px
Hey people. Just bought 180 capsules online. My understanding tells me its much weaker than regular hormones, but there are noticeable results. You could say this is my beta test period. Thoughts?
>>
>>5507954
W A S T E
A
S
T
E
of money
>>
>>5506069
nonononono you're lying. it's going to go away
>>
>>5504540
it's being researched for use in menopausal women but in higher doses in men it brings down endogenous testosterone to castrate levels, without touching androgen or progestogen receptors. that's what GnRH antagonists do.
>>
>generally feel like anything short of "true love" won't make me happy in life
>think about being woman
>feels like just living and doing normal, everyday shit would make me happy
Is that what it's like to be trans?
>>
>>5508335
Might be. Certainly sounds trans enough to book an appointment with a therapist to talk about it more.
>>
>>5507758
the longer you wait, the better the technology needs to be.
>>
>>5508095
just get bicalutamide or cypro if you want a real AA. it's going to be hard as fuck to get that
>>
File: 1443575257644.jpg (46KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1443575257644.jpg
46KB, 500x599px
>>5508335
this is where I'm at right now
>>
File: Fucking pumped.jpg (122KB, 684x369px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking pumped.jpg
122KB, 684x369px
I finally told someone irl my feelings and that I might be trans and they hugged me and let me cry on their shoulder for like an hour and I've honestly never felt better.
I no longer have to live the lie!
>>
>>5508388
Shocking truth.

I'm just worried I might never be a cute girl. It's already pretty late for me to start (20).
>>
>>5508562
>tfw 20 as well and won't be able to start until 21
>;_;
But on the bright side, a year doesn't matter much now, and we're still in the age range where we could get hips.

Don't worry, we're in this together
>>
>>5508562
>>5508595
23. my hip game is over. at least i've always had a nice ass and i'll waist train.
>>
>>5508595
>>5508604
I just don't know if I can pull it off. I've got the Crimson Chin jawline, so if I'm ever going to pass I'd have to do surgery, and that scares me.
My other concern is that hormones might make me crazy enough to actually kill myself, and there's nobody around who cares about me to stop me.

I'm sorry for just whining, I know it isn't easy for anyone but I need to vent.
>Don't worry, we're in this together
This means a lot to me anon, thank you.
>>
File: why even bother.png (501KB, 647x633px) Image search: [Google]
why even bother.png
501KB, 647x633px
Is 20 or 22 too late to gain the benefits of estrogen? From all the other threads, the only people that seem to be really happy with themselves transitioned at 14 or 16 or 18, but people who transition at 28+ seem to be more depressed about their transition and how they didn't 'acquire qt3.14' mode.

According to my friend I'm probably on my last puberty spurt, seeing how I suddenly sweat a lot now when it's hot, but about 2 years ago I was completely fine. This makes me feel that by the time I actually get to the HRT (the waitlist is 1 to 2 years where I live - I think including therapies) it won't do me much good, other than shrink my penis and grow small boobs.
>>
>>5508866
self med if you have too waiting seems shitty
>>
>>5508662
A surgery to 'correct' your jawline isn't really dangerous, except for the usual surgery risks. As far as I know they just grind away your jawbone/chin.
For the hormone thing, I take them for 7 months now and I've more problems with the antiandrogen. Hormones don't make you crazy and the influence on your mind is of a subtle nature. The usual thing that actually makes people kill themselves is doubt. There's a long phase where you'll be 'between' male and female and the hardest thing is to get through there without losing hope.
>>
>>5508335
Can't even hope for "true love" because I can't see myself as a male partner and I can't get intimately involved. I have like a shitty combination of AvPD and dysphoria.

And yeah I also get that intrinsic feeling that everything would be much more enjoyable and comfortable if I had a girl's body. Like there's this abstract feeling of my identity becoming "whole" that I can't rationally explain but just sticks in my mind since forever.
>>
>>5508894
well i would, but the question was that if I start now at 20, will it do much or not much at all ;-;
>>
>>5509138
you have no idea what your testosterone could do to you over the next year or two. if you wait, you might still get a little broader in the features, you could start going bald (and that happens quickly to some people), just to name a couple of things.
none of this is guaranteed of course, and if it doesn't happen then it probably won't make much difference. but if it does happen, you might regret not starting earlier.
>>
>>5509138
20 is better than 25 and 25 is better than 30. If you want it then start now. I've seen a lot doing it around their twenties and surely it's not too late.
>>
>>5509138
I'm no expert, but from what I an tell any time before 24 seems to work well enough.

You'll never be the 'perfect' transitions like if you started in highschool, but you won't be a Franken-tranny.
>>
>>5508944
>AvPD
>at least half the bullet points under signs and symptoms section on Wikipedia describe me fairly well.
We might actually be the same person, Anon.
>>
Are there any transwomen who actually sound like women?

Are there any transwomen who actually look like women?

Surely these things must be possible with enough money. You seek photos of previously hideous Koreans who have become extremely attractive and feminine through surgery. Yet I haven't seen any evidence of this in the trans world.
>>
>>5510677
you don't think you have seen evidence of it because the trans women you saw managed to stealth so well you just thought they were cis and didn't clock them
>>
>>5510725
That's a nice thought, but I'm sure we'd see more evidence of it on the internet.
>>
>>5510741
There are plenty of trans girls who pass who've posted pictures on the Internet if you just take the time to look. Keep in mind that there are just very few trans people, so it's not like you'll randomly stumble on those pictures. Also, watch out for bias. When you see a picture labeled as the picture of a trans woman, it's really easy to fall into the trap of nitpicking every single flaw and declare that she doesn't pass when actually you're just using your knowledge of her trans status to find ways to clock her.
>>
>>5510677
Yes and yes. I don't think you'll find many passable folk online, though. They're out living life successfully. Not to generalize but most here are NEET or a derivative of because they haven't encountered success in life.
>>
>>5510677
It's not a matter of money. Surgery can compensate for masculinisation, but that doesn't technically have to happen at all; if you're particularly feminine or you transition early enough then there can be little to nothing phenotypically different about you than a cis woman apart from the reproductive system. It just so happens that most people transition later than they need to to achieve that because it takes time to figure out that they're trans or get treatment. Considering some cis males can pass for female without hormones it's hardly far-fetched.

Just look up young transitioners, or look around for older ones that got lucky with genetics, or lurk the trans threads more.
>>
>>5504268
My reasoning isn't terrible, it's cautious. I don't
like thinking about taking synthetic drugs or
herbals that will physically and mentally change
my body. I did that once with Xanax and I'm still
dealing with the complications from withdrawal.

Drugs, to me, aren't natural and if I don't HAVE
to take them, I don't want to, but I understand
that with out hormones, I will get nowhere.
>>
how do i avoid the cone tits
>>
>>5512652
Avert your eyes at all times for approximately five years.
>>
about to start spiro but otherwise pre everything, ive noticed my hairline receding a bit. would it be safe for me to take rogaine for men (i've heard theres a biological difference so mtfs need male vers) alongside hrt? i know hrt stops balding and theres small potential for regrowth but would they conflict with one another?
if i took rogaine alongside hrt, would it cancel out any regrowth i got from hrt since ive heard youll lose the hair you get from rogaine if you quit taking it?
>>
5'1, 96 pound girl with a relatively twinky slightly skinnyfat body, are there any guidelines on how to make sure my body shapes itself well while on HRT? Any specific eating gimmicks or specific exercise routines? What's this I've heard about gaining and losing weight while on HRT as well? I'm skinny but I've been wanting to trim down to around 14% bodyfat, but I don't want to be stuck with a boyish body. Any help? Should I look to gain weight while on HRT, lose some or what? I need to do general exercise regardless and I'd prefer to not have to gain any fat.
>>
all of my friends misgender me because i have an anime voice and i dont have a good enough diy binder cause i have like dd tits help im dying
>>
File: oldoldold.jpg (16KB, 236x356px) Image search: [Google]
oldoldold.jpg
16KB, 236x356px
Damn, this thread makes me feel so fucking old. I'm 27 and just started T, chopped my hair off, and got the ball rolling on my "new life" last Tuesday. I know it's different for FTM transitions, but still. I wasted a lot of my life being miserable and trying desperately to pretend and convince myself that I wasn't trans. Denial didn't work too well. I knew I wanted to transition at 13, for fuck's sake, but I didn't do anything about it. I never talked to anyone about gender shit until I was 26. Now, I still feel like I'm 13 (and I look like a scrawny teenage boy now that I have a men's haircut), but I'm closer to 30, and I'm about to completely start my life over. What I wouldn't give to be able to shave a decade off my age...

Help me /lgbt/, how do I stop being old? Can I sacrifice babies or something? Bathe in the blood of virgins?
>>
Is it okay to work out while transitioning, MTF?
Like just cardio and light exercises plus diet.
>>
>>5512719
time hardly fucking matters for FTMs
keep on the roids and thank jeebus every day you aren't MTF
>>
>>5512681
rogaine is shit get finasteride
>>
>>5513742
doesnt that have a shitton of bad side effects though like accelerated aging
prospene or w/e
>>
>>5513758
where did you ever hear that?
>>
>>5513770
google
>>
>>5513809
i've never heard of that
>>
Anyway to develop a female laugh? My voice is alright but when I try to giggle et cetera it gets scary.
>>
Can dysphoria look like depression? Super low energy, no motivation for basic life shit, plus fantasies of being cute woman (with lots better traits than me), and thinking a vagina is probably better in general.

And would self medding for a couple months be a good test to see if the "mental changes" work for me without other aspects of transitioning and without being seen as some dude with tity even bigger than expected for his excessive weight?
>>
How do I learn to make do and be happy with with just looking like a moderately attractive faggot with tits?
>>
File: 1397385368001.png (35KB, 645x552px) Image search: [Google]
1397385368001.png
35KB, 645x552px
Hi, I posted this in /mtfg/, but I guess this is the proper place to ask:

My parents have let me know that they would never support the idea of me transitioning. This is based on their belief that it would lead me to a destructive lifestyle, citing the notion that i would be so outcast from society that I would be forced to surround myself with other LGBT people (promiscuous, no family values, etc).

Could you let me know:

How normal are your lives?
How do people treat you in public/the workplace?
Can trans people integrate into today's society?
How do you deal with your parents?

I'm 18 and live in one of the most developed countries on our globe.

I just have no idea how to deal with this.
>>
>>5514033
2.5 months in and i'm still waiting on those test results....
>>
Can any of you post that image for sport to do when you want to achieve a femine figure. Like don't do abs, run a lot for your booty.
>>
>>5511546
Caution is good, but generalising all drugs as bad doesn't make any sense; you're going beyond caution and into irrational fear. HRT has been tested and approved, and is used safely by many thousands of people (menopausal cis women take oestrogen as well as trans people, even). There are side effects and risks, just like there are with anything, but they're relatively minor and dealing with those is still better than the alternative (i.e. remaining as you birth sex and hating yourself for it forever, having a dramitically increased chance of committing suicide, and so on). HRT is also taken under the supervision of an endocrinologist to make sure everything is fine.

There's nothing inherently good about being "natural" (nor anything inherently bad about it either). Women dying in childbirth because the birth canal is too small for human heads is natural, as is getting infections from minor cuts and dying from them, or getting fatal diseases from drinking contaminated water. Those things can be and are treated, and the people who suffer from them are better off for it.

Regardless, the oestrogen you take for HRT is literally bioidentical to human oestrogen; if you had been born female then that's what you'd have. That's as "natural" as you can get. Also, the body doesn't "know" whether it's male or female; oestrogen won't be "wrong" for it just because you're male. If you it has female hormone levels it will respond just like a cis female body would.

> and if I don't HAVE to take them, I don't want to, but I understand that with out hormones, I will get nowhere.
It sounds like you've answered your own question here. What treatment to you expect? Transitioning isn't a prefect solution, but it's the only treatment that actually does anything.

At the very least, you should discuss this with a therapist and try to get a better understanding of your feelings.
>>
>>5512714
Testosterone and mastectomy.
>>
>>5510501
i think it's pretty common here
>>
Is it ok to be burning fat while transitioning? I've eaten like shit my whole life so I'm pretty sure I'll lose some weight from cardio and eating better (mediterranean mainly) but I've heard you usually wanna put weight on? What do you do if you're like skinnyfat and want to tone up but not risk ruining your potential for a good figure?
>>
>>5510501
I have literally all of them. But it's not normal for someone with AvPD to completely dissociate from masculinity, to hate their masculine features and to hate masculine clothes. I'm pretty sure mine is the result of a combination of emotional abuse in childhood and repressed gender dysphoria. I mean I have friends, passions, a great job and all... All I lack is a solid gender identity because I never wanted to become a man. And it's ruining the rest of my life because I go around my day not being who society expects me to be.

This can't go on but I'm too secluded, I seriously need to hire a hitman to kick my ass, then drag my unconscious body to a gender therapist.
>>
>>5512681
I've heard that once your HRT gets rolling you can stop finasteride without losing it? Because it's androgens that kill them off and you don't really have those anymore?

Someone more expert really should double check me on that tho
>>
Just got my blood test results back. I'm on 2mg of E and 5mg of finasteride. My testosterone is higher than when I started.

Should I kill myself yet?
>>
>>5515238
In theory you shouldn't have enough testosterone to be converted to dihydrotestosterone.

That said, very rarely some women experience balding too. Balding is just about how sensitive you have to dihydrotestosterone. But really, in all likelyhood, with an AA you are almost certainly not going to lose your hair.
>>
>>5514665
>not risk ruining your potential for a good figure?
It's fine to lose wat. You can't "ruin your potential".
>>
>>5515246
Are you not on any anti-androgen (beyond finasteride; it blocks one form of DHT, but doesn't do much to block other androgens)? Also, 2mg of estrogen a day seems fairly low. How long have you been on these things?
>>
>>5515273
No AAs because shit UK. Two months.
>>
Dumb question, my mom has had high testosterone levels since she was young, could that be related to the fact that i am a transgender woman? My sister has testosterone level problems as well.
>>
>>5515482
Being MtF is hypothetically due to low T exposure during part of the pregnancy, so I doubt there's much of a connection.
>>
>>5515246

finasteride stops conversion of T into DHT, so it actually makes sense that you have more T
>>
How do I remove fat under my chin. My face looks pretty feminine without it but right now it makes my face look more blocky and masculine. Do I just have to lose weight and it will go away?
>>
>>5515555
Lose weight. That's the only way to get rid of fat.
>>
My situation is very close to >>5496059, but I'll type it out because it might ease my anxiety.

This is my first time here on this board, and I'm very new to everything and I'm very confused so work with me please. I'm young guy with a very feminine frame that I've built muscle around trying to avoid my natural image. I have very wide hips, more feminine hands than my own sisters, fair skin and an hourglass figure, which would become extremely apparent if I lost some mass (20-25 pounds I'd say; I weigh 150 and am 5'9"). I've always had lingering thoughts of what it would be like to be a more feminine person, and now its become an every day thought. I am the only guy in my family, only sisters and female cousins, so maybe being around all of it for so long is having an impact one me. It has me really confused since I used to dismiss all of this as some sort of attention seeking/mentally ill mess, and now I'm the one that feels sexually confused. I have no interest in sexual reassignment surgery, but want to lose this mass and enjoy my true frame. I cross dress in complete private late at night while I play games, study and Skype with friends since it allows me to relax entirely and lets me feel like I'm being myself, but doing anything like that in public would get me ridiculed and possibly hurt my career seeing as I'm a medical student. I guess what I want to know is how can I know if all of this is right for me? Like I said, I don't have an interest in SRS and I see myself as wholly straight, but find myself so much more at ease late at night when I do my thing. I believe I truly want this, but I'm not sure if its something that would hurt me or benefit me. I'm mainly interested in HRT, but that's a long process that requires commitment, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. If no one can offer advice, at least I feel better saying all of this. Sorry if I'm posting in a dead thread, I can't tell here.
>>
Any britfags in here? Is laser hair funded by the gender clinic or the NHS?

Tossing up whether to bother trying to get it funded.....
>>
Well, my doctor managed to "lose" both my informed consent forms and my bloodwork. I guess it's time to self-med, because I'm not dealing with these fucking jokers anymore. That's what I get for settling for the osteopath right out of medical school. I just have no idea how to get started on that. Do I take spiro or cypro or even bicalutamide? Can you even find those last two? It seems like everyone only stocks spiro.
>>
>>5516590
spironolactone is not as good as cyproterone_acetate but it works fine
you will want to couple it with an oestrogen though
>>
>>5516610
Well, right, that goes without saying. But people seem to disagree more about the anti-androgen.
>>
what clothes should i get first i have no idea what to do
>>
Yes, does anybody know how good the NHS is with this? Is anybody else here from the UK?

>>5516066
I feel like I'm in a very similar position. When I'm in the shower I constantly notice my feminine frame, I've been trying to hide it with muscle too.
>>
>>5516625
Nobody disagrees on which has the strongest effects. Cypro is simply more effective. That said, they both have different side effects that you should look into. Personally I've been on cypro for 2 years with no side effects.
>>
>>5516716
Oh. Well, excellent, I know what to do then. The question is getting it as an ameriburger. I didn't see it on the sites that were listed in the guide.
>>
>>5516778
It's not FDA-approved. If I recall correctly you can get it from some British self-med website or something.
>>
>>5516663
The NHS is shit. If you have money, go private, if only because it's way faster. You can play both systems at the same time, so do your research and tell your doctor you have gender dysphoria and you want a referral to your local gender identity clinic. You also need to change your name for all your medical stuff (you are legally allowed two identies, so if you aren't ready to use it everywhere, that's fine). Good luck homie.

www.gendercare.co.uk
>>
Anyone from UK? How do I start taking female hormones in an anonymous way? I don't want to go all the way but I want to look more feminine.
>>
>>5497462
you "really don't want the body of a male or anything of the sort"? uhm. this is potentially serious, and if you if have t in you now potentially very

anything is possible if you are dysphoric. women don't inherently understand each other. you don't interact with them, whereas girls your age have accumulated a lot of shared experience you haven't. it's not the indispensible irretrievable be-all end-all and second-wave radfem toxicity, just a thing. you have were raised in exile like historia reiss.

if you want are dysphoric with masculine features espeically with advancing puberty, this really is a warning sign. also genital dysphoria is something that some of have always had (me), some of us never had, and in some in sneaks up on. i would start considering your options in case you need to put the brakes on advanced androgenic post-puberty to think. if your parents might be uncommonly supportive maybe considering banking fertility first in case you never want to turn back (spermatogenesis takes a minimum 70-90 days off hrt to resume to produce bankable samples, and is unfun, and the same humiliation of producing samples you still have to get out of the way if you delay it)
>>
why do I look so shit and manly in natural lighting compared to artificial and how can I avoid it for the rest of my life?
>>
>>5517719
qhi.co.uk
200mg spironolactone and 4mg progynova daily
start off at 25mg spiro on its own and double it every week until you reach 200
then start 2mg of progy with it for the first month before raising it to 4mg
avoid high-potassium foods and lose weight beforehand
read the website, you have to fill in forms the first time you purchase, they know you're doing it on the sly but tick the box about doing it under GP supervision anyway
>>
>>5493214
print the email. and read it to them. or hand it to them in person. i dont know your family, but i know my family was supriseingly accepting.
>>
>>5517794
Thanks I'll read more into this then, sounds simple enough. What changes would happen? I heard your skin gets better(?) and you body hair is much less.
>>
>>5497462
>The only time I could ever see myself staying male is if I were to get a very dominant gf (think /gfd/).
In this hypothetical, would you be okay with having a masculine body, or would you still want to be feminine physically despite being seen as male?
>>
im haveing a lot of trouble takeing a compliment. does anyone else get told they look good (aka feminine) but feel like people dont mean it, and are trying to be "supportive"... i just dont wanna get to confident and get in a situation where i look like an ass...
>>
>>5517815
the changes take a couple of years for you to really see the full effects
also, no smoking or drinking
>>
somebody post that popular effects-of-HRT-timeline graph for >>5517815, can't find it
>>
File: cUfPgRa.png (20KB, 1107x409px) Image search: [Google]
cUfPgRa.png
20KB, 1107x409px
>>5517898
this one?
>>
>>5518181
yeah thanks
>>
>>5518181
this is b.s., I've already got A-cups at two months on estrogen
>>
>>5518231
Your mileage may vary. How does someone start hormones without knowing that the effects aren't the same for everyone?
>>
File: 1374017859451.gif (1MB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
1374017859451.gif
1MB, 712x400px
What sorts of questions do shrinks ask when you visit them about gender identity stuff?
Not trying to cheat or anything but I wanna know how they try to find out if you truly have issues.
I'm just so confused
>>
Mtf pre-everything here
Is it okay to post pictures in this thread?
>>
>>5518434
So long as its nothing lewd, yes.
>>
>>5518444
Alright, I'll return after making myself look pretty
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6487788/
>>
>>5518491
>No 100% option
Bit of a pessimist, are we? There's a significant difference in your life between 95% and 100%
>>
>>5515238
>>5515252
thanks guys, so a few months of HRT and its okay to stop finasteride?

also could someone fill me in on why cypro is better than spiro? i'm an americunt too with limited internet access atm so i can only make this post but is it obtainable in the US without too much bs/too expense?
>>
>>5518747
I'm not entirely sure what finasteride does but I assume it's something against androgens. I'm on the HRT for 7 months now and I shouldn't stop taking meds against androgens until I had the SRS. It's quite easy actually... as long as you have male parts down there your body will produce androgens and unless you want your body full of both hormones I'd recommend to keep this finasteride. Hair problems (getting bald/too much body hair) do occur as soon as you've a decent androgen level (can be genes too). At least that's what my gynecologist told me.
>>
I've a question about 'passing'. I'm on the HRT for half a year now and beside the people who knew me before the transition (mainly my dad) everyone sees me as woman, even the children in my class. (I'm a teacher)
My question is, how do I know if others mean it sincerely? Had I just luck and everyone's kind toward me or not? I'm confused but on the other hand no one bats an eye when I use women restrooms.
Maybe someone's in a similar situation and can help me.
>>
>>5518335
I'm not sure where you're from but in my country, Switzerland, we need a shrink to accompany through the whole process, before, during and even a few years after transition. So if you don't want to get into a pickle I'd recommend to be honest. After all, the shrink is supposed to help you, not just to prescribe meds.
Basically what my shrink asked me was how it feels for me and how long I'm aware of it. They will ask other stuff about your current condition but unless your shrink's a dick you shouldn't be afraid of them. If they are unprofessional just search another one.
>>
>>5518181
Careful there, those things depend on what meds you take.
>>
Self-medding degenerate here, what are the signs I should bump my progy dose up from 4 to 6mg daily? I feel like I've hit a plateau three months in and my skin is beginning to change but seems to fluctuate between manly and oily and rough like it was before I started and girly and soft from week to week, almost. I know that for many the big changes don't start until 6 months in or so, but if I am someone who needs a higher dose than 4mg, will staying on 4mg for, say, a year until I get a script and an endo mean that I 'miss the boat' on the development that usually occurs during that time? Or will everything change like it was supposed to at my ideal dose no matter when it gets bumped up, whether it's 6 months in or 12?
>>
Who /kelpextract/ here? Been getting chubby since starting HRT so gonna try it out, seen a couple of different programs recently that mentioned that it's beginning to get scientific approval now, so I've bought a few months worth. Will take it as recommended w/o changing diet or exercise and report back in a month or two to tell y'all whether it's worked for me, one program on the BBC I saw that trialled it said its subjects lost an average of 2 to 2.5 kg in one month, so it could be a trans essential if it's legit.
>>
I think I had kind of an epiphany about passing today. I've been trying to go for an ordinary bland female style with my hair, clothes, makeup etc. so far, simple bangs and curls for hair, etc. But I saw my reflection today and realised that even though that's what I like most it just doesn't suit my face shape and body, even if I was cis, and I'd probably actually be much better off having really short, spiked, pink hair and going soft butch even though it doesn't fully reflect my personality imo. I guess what I'm trying to highlight is the importance of considering 'style' when it comes to passing. Not every style fits every person trying to pass and what works great for one person may be the worst possible thing for someone else's passing.
>>
File: tumblr_nsfvmpwteF1ucxsygo3_500.png (135KB, 483x442px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsfvmpwteF1ucxsygo3_500.png
135KB, 483x442px
How the fuck do I stop talking so loud?
Even when I'm "quiet talking" my voice is booming. My parents and friends all notice it.

Right now it literally feels impossible to talk quietly without whispering.
>>
>>5520335
excellent point. So many hons could pass flawlessly if they just wore clothes that suited them.
>>
US here. What are some websites to DIY without a prescription? Google isn't being very helpful.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.