[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is homosexuality not considered a mental illness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: dudncfe.jpg (104KB, 940x788px) Image search: [Google]
dudncfe.jpg
104KB, 940x788px
Consider the fact that:

35% of homosexuals were molested in childhood.

75% of homosexuals had a sexual experience before they were 16.

Homosexuals are 40% more likely to molest young children than heterosexuals.

Transexuals are 22 times more likely to commit suicide than "cis" or normal gendered people.

Doesn't it seem obvious that there is a more serious emotional problem in homosexuals, than the issue it's claimed to be? I'm a Christian and I'm fine with homosexuals, it's not my job to judge, it's my job to love. I'm just curious if anyone else is worried about the growing trend in LGBT in milenials, seeing as they hate their parents more than other generations normally do.

What are your thoughts on this issue?

Sources

http://www.citizenlink.com/2010/06/17/childhood-sexual-abuse-and-male-homosexuality/
>>
>>5488959
>trans are more likely to suicide

Hmmm.... Boy... I sure wonder why
>>
Bullshit statistics. Anyway:
"Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.

Many people have mental health concerns from time to time. But a mental health concern becomes a mental illness when ongoing signs and symptoms cause frequent stress and affect your ability to function.

A mental illness can make you miserable and can cause problems in your daily life, such as at school or work or in relationships. In most cases, symptoms can be managed with a combination of medications and talk therapy (psychotherapy)."
- www.mayoclinic.org
Therefore, being gay isn't an illness because fucking dudes makes us ecstatic, and marrying one completes us. Doesn't affect others around us, or cause us any kind of stress.
>>
Homosexuality is a genetic disorder. It's evolutionarily selected. Gay males are the one I know the gene of and are connected to increased fertility in females. Somehow this results in Homosexual males. No clue why. Lesbians not sure. Homosexuals are more likely to suffer from mental illnesses. Probably cultural environmental. Who knows. Why do you care as long as people don't push that shit on you? More puss 4 u brah, or at least for me.
>>
eh
I just copy and pasted this thing and posted it here to see peoples reactions so lol this isn't even serious
>>
>>5488998
I thought you were ignorant, and I empathized, but instead you turned about to be a degenerate trying to hurt people's feelings. Do your homework, kid.
>>
>>5488998
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
File: luke kills han solo.png (2MB, 1483x1081px) Image search: [Google]
luke kills han solo.png
2MB, 1483x1081px
>>5488959
>still lumping homosexuals and trannies together
>>
>>5488959
More of a mental deviation honestly. If we ran everything this way we would all have some sort of mental illness.

I agree something needs to be done, especially for the pedo shit but you cant just blanket the whole thing as a mental illness. If anything that 35% is more of a trauma than anything.
>>
>>5488959
there are plenty of gay men who lead normal and successful lives.

Are there a lot of gay scumbags who molest kids and get involved in awful shit? Of course. Every group has those people in it.

But being gay is just a condition. It harms no one unless the individual actively seeks to hurt others.
>>
>>5489090
Spoilers faggot
>>
>>5489203
The movie has been out for 2 weeks already
>>
Well these statistics linking homosexuality to pedophilia are obviously going to be reliable coming from an obviously biased source (sarcasm). They've cherry picked some very dubious studies using questionable methodologies to support their conclusions with which goes against the general consensus of most research (*1). It's also the case more males rape children than females should we be concerned about these facts as well? Correlation is not causation.

Also trans have much higher suicide rates than cisgendered people however surely this is indicative of the pervasiveness of transphobia? Please evaluate the information given to you and stop making the age old mistake of assuming just because two statistics are correlated they are causal.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/94/1/41?variant=short&sso=1&sso_redirect_count=1&nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR%3a+No+local+token

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/abstractdb/AbstractDBDetails.aspx?id=95744

http://psc.dss.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html dubious studies using questionable methodologies to support their conclusions with which goes against the general consensus of most research (*1)
>>
>>5489248
I've watched it already. There's other people on this board who hasn't.
>>
>>5489376
I'm the guy who posted, I'm one of those people who haven't watched. But seriously who cares? It's just a movie.
>>
>>5488959
Well, that certainly seems like an unbiased, impartial, and peer-reviewed source.
>>
>>5489464
>Star Wars
>Just a movie
You are dead inside
>>
>>5489645
Literally oversaturation of the marketplace with inordinate amounts of merchandising: the film production
>>
>>5488959
35% molested: If some numbers for females being abused, raped, etc. are correct, then about 33% of heterosexual women count as being molested in childhood or worse. 33% vrs. 35% isn't real statistically significant. Of course, those numbers could be in error, but then so could the ones you cite.
75% before age 16: People who are clear about their sexual orientation and desires early are usually the ones with stronger sex drives. You CAN get an average difference of about 2 years starting time for homosexual and general (hetero), but then you're counting all the aces, and the people who don't have that much sex drive so don't have trouble waiting, and the people (gay or straight) who believe sex outside of marriage is wrong, and the gay people in denial, as all straight. (Even that 2 year average difference depends on just what you define as a "sexual experience", if it includes masturbation while imagining a partner of one gender or the other, roughly 85% at age 16 fits the general population).
40% more likely to molest...: That's probably from a 1960's U.S. study on prison populations. The Canadians did a similar study at the same time, and found a 14% difference. The U.S. government stopped funding any more studies on it, while the Canadians kept checking every 10 years or so and found less difference in the 60's 70's and so on. The US congress officially considers all those studies wrong and the one U.S. study so right it never needs to be checked again - by law prohibiting funding any more studies on the subject. If you're a psychologist working for the U.S. government, you learn not to bring it up if you don't want fired.
>>
I'm straight and...

Was not molested; however, I know of two other straight people in my life who have.

I got my first hand job at 16

Trans people are probably more likely to commit suicide because of how often life in today's society does not consistently accommodate them.

>Doesn't it seem obvious that there is a more serious emotional problem in homosexuals, than the issue it's claimed to be? I'm a Christian and I'm fine with homosexuals, it's not my job to judge, it's my job to love. I'm just curious if anyone else is worried about the growing trend in LGBT in milenials, seeing as they hate their parents more than other generations normally do.

No. It doesn't seem obvious at all. In fact violent crimes and standard of living has gone up. Not because of homosexuality, but homosexuality hasn't been a hindrance. You are judging though by using biased statistics.

Your point about how gay people seem more rebellious than the last generation. This is an age-old philosophical cliche. Your only point of reference is your generation and this one, so of course you would think this. There are people throughout history that have claimed the same thing.
>>
>>5488959
>Consider the fact that:

>(spurious bullshit)

hmmm, convincing, yes.
>>
>>5489737

"I think we should not try to make money"

Said no studio executive ever.
>>
>>5488959
They got it pulled from the DSM handbook in the seventies.

Let's not forget that 44% of new HIV incidences are from MSM.
>>
Mental illnesses impede an individual's ability to carry out their normal, daily life. Just because I like men, doesn't mean I can't get my shit done on a daily basis. I've never been in a situation where I thought, "I really need to pay that water bill, but GOD I JUST NEED TO SUCK A COCK!" Additionally, having been molested is not a mental disorder. Yes, sexual harassment, especially as a child, does often lead to mental issues, but coincidence is not causality. Next, the whole "gays are x% more likely to be pesos" statistic is old. It was created as a form of propaganda in order to perpetuate heteronormativity. Just because you've had a sexual experience before you were 16 does not make you mentally ill. And trans* people are more likely to commit suicide because they live in a society completely dictated and controlled by cis- hetero- ignorami like you. Gay people don't all hate their parents. However, a lot of LGBTQ youth are rejected, disowned, or kicked out by their parents. This obviously leads to some family issues. Next time you want to say something OP, make sure it's not stupid. <3
>>
>>5490902
>Pretending that it was a thing before the movie that ironically started this shit.

>>5491087
Since when is HIV a mental illness?
>>
>>5491324
lack of risk aversion. tenuous i know but felt like throwing it out there anyways since we're mudraking
>>
>>5488959
>Why is homosexuality not considered a mental illness?

Because the homosexual lobby threatened to sue the living shit out of all the people on the board of assholes who make those decisions if they kept saying it was.

It wouldn't have been a difficult case to win, seeing as how it's been proven countless times that when straight people lie and say that gays are bad, it hurts gay people. Especially when it's done by straights who control these sorts of political decisions. Plus there's no evidence to suggest that a straight person calling a gay person mentally ill has ever helped one gay person even once in human history.
>>
>>5489645
it's a children's flick - delightful to turn on while you're cooking dinner but nothing more. besides, if you've ever seen ANH, the movie is spoiled for you anyway
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.