[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you legbutts do for a living? Are you in college? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 23

File: Sportacus-mainimage.jpg (45KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Sportacus-mainimage.jpg
45KB, 280x280px
What do you legbutts do for a living? Are you in college? What are you studying? Ideal job? Ideal life? Dreams?
>>
File: kars conquers the planet.gif (1019KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kars conquers the planet.gif
1019KB, 500x281px
>dreams
>>
>>5477931
I haven't had a job in two years
>>
A social worker. My main job is to help teens and young adults who are full NEETs, like try find education or job that fits them and get them back on their feet. Some are so isolated they haven't got out of their house but they want to so I help them with that and try to get them to treatment if it's necessary.

Also volunteering at animal shelter when I have time, mostly abandoned cats there. I also go to the horse stable nearby and help around like clean up, take care of the horses and ride them. But that's more hobby.

I'm content with the current situation but I think I want to become a class teacher. I don't think most people have social worker as their #1 dream career but somehow people end up doing it.
>>
>>5477931
Well I'm currently attending a junior college with the hopes of transferring to Notre Dame to play football. Some say I don't have the physical stature or talent though.
>>
I'd like to make enough money someday doing something I love so I can live comfortably and the children I have won't have to worry about stability.
>>
I have two degrees, one in women's studies and the other in communications. Needless to say, I am unemployed.
>>
>>5478401
Did you intentionally pick the two most useless degrees?
>>
>>5478018
Eh, I know a lot of people that want to be social workers mostly because of the helping-people aspect. Seems like it would be pretty interesting if you like talking to people and stuff.
>>
>>5478423
I originally went into communications. Got a girlfriend who was deep into feminism so I drank the punch with her. Cut off most my hair, started screaming at white cis dudes, I blamed all my problems on patriarchy and male privilege.
>>
File: the more you know.gif (39KB, 304x200px) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.gif
39KB, 304x200px
I work at a petsmart. i do cashiering and shit, but more importantly, i also work with all the reptiles/fish/birds/rodents. i'm rapidly learning a ton of encyclopedic knowledge about a ton of animals, and actively learning that petsmart's policies are sometimes pretty dickish to the animals
>>
>>5478486
Doesn't petsmart kill a bunch of the animals they can't sell? I know there was a guy on youtube who would constantly go to the petsmart dumpster and find animals.
>>
>>5478486
oh, right. dreams. i defs don't wanna climb the petsmart corporate ladder.

i'm lazily studying for the GRE at some point this year, in the hopes of getting into a master's program for counseling. partially cause i wanna help legbutts, ofc, but also i seem to have a knack for empathy
>>
>>5478493
I can't speak for other stores, but we defs don't do that. We just keep the animals there in perpetuity or just adopt it out if it gets too big. We've had this $600 conure [way overpriced] that we're never ever gonna sell, but he's basically just become a mainstay of the store itself. Now fish? Yeah. You can find all the fish corpses you ever wanted in petsmart's trash, but even animals that die in store or are returned to us dead are supposed to be bagged up and stored in a freezer as evidence for a certain amount of time. I guess eventually they wind up in the dumpster, but it wouldn't be like the fucking killing fields
>>
>>5478449
i mean, those are the causes behind a lot of problems, but screaming at whitecisbros is antithetical to the solution
>>
>>5478423
Women's studies and sociology. I do believe I win.

>i don't regret either. a bachelor's degree doesn't count for shit in any field i'm interested in, so i took shit that would help expand my understanding of a lot of issues that'd come up in counseling
>>
>>5478574
But those are seen through a feminist lens so they are automatically wrong.
>>
File: mediocrity.gif (209KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
mediocrity.gif
209KB, 500x200px
By day I'm a lazy secretary coasting through a stupidly easy job for shit pay.

By night I'm a writer for tabletop games, also for shit pay.
>>
Biology student right now, working at my campus' health center lab. Trying to figure out a Plan B for when I get rejected from all the medical schools yaaaay
>>
File: 1451078337556.jpg (89KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1451078337556.jpg
89KB, 604x604px
Neet, probs gonna apply for some art university so I can slack off for a few years while I transition.
>>
>>5477931
Film student.
Hopefully get a job in the industry somewhere. Its a big enough industry Im sure I can get a decent job doing something.

The dream of course would be to direct, but what are the chances.
Wouldn't make gay shit though
>>
>>5477931
culinary student
hoping to become a dietitian someday
>>
I'm in college but not sure what I'm doing yet. Was thinking about math+philosophy but finally came to terms with the fact that I'll never be naturally good at math and also won't put in the monumental effort. The only thing I'm really good at is, like, reading (according to bullshit standardized tests throughout my life) and I'm decent at writing, so working at a publishing company sounds nice. It seems pretty specific and might be difficult to get a job in that, though. I've also been interested in architecture, but that's also extremely specific and a lot of years of school.
>>
>>5477931
I work in a small cafe in order to pay bills and I'm in college for civil engineering. Idk what my ideal job would be, but I just want to end up with a nice husband, raise a family and get a small sports car.
>>
>>5477931
My current job is looking for a job
>>
>>5479214
I've had that career for four years.
>>
>tfw will probably just end up joining the military
>>
>>5479589
Thats not a bad thing I'm enlisting this summer.
>>
>>5479630
I'm just doing it because I feel out of options. I might enjoy it though. I'm going to wait until I get kind of /fit/ and move to a better city.
What do you do anon?
>>
i'm a dentist, i don't have my own practice yet though. i'm working on a dental lab atm, and i've been working on a friend's practice on her days off. my dream would be to have my own office and to be mildly successful although it gets a bit lonely when you are on your own so idk anymore.
>>
File: 20150607_230049.jpg (451KB, 1100x1470px) Image search: [Google]
20150607_230049.jpg
451KB, 1100x1470px
Software dev.
>>
>>5478018
How do I go about finding somebody like you? I'm a college drop out NEET, worked for a couple years for my dad, then he got cancer and I was taking care of him for several years, it gradually became worse until it was terminal; he just died this past october

I'm on the fence about whether I want to try and start over or if I should just finish up helping mom with the estate and so on, and then quietly off myself (I have everything planned out, I have the medical knowledge and the means to guarantee it)
>>
>>5477931
I "owner" of a small cafe/coffee shop. Really, I'm making my parents a very nice sum of money, but they don't have to do jack shit.

I can't wait for my mom to die.
>>
i leech off my parents for a living
>>
>>5479649
In high school finishing an extra year because of district fuck ups. No job because I'm a disgusting leech.
>>
>>5479799
good luck, I finished high school but not with full credits so I can't do anything more than community college. What are you aiming to do in the military?
>>
>>5478801
for a second there i thought i was on tg.
are you a qt twink too?
>>
>>5479926
My goal is to become a pilot its vary difficult if you enlist out of high school but going to college first is not an option.
>>
File: georges_brassens_fr.jpg (34KB, 587x291px) Image search: [Google]
georges_brassens_fr.jpg
34KB, 587x291px
I was a NEET for a long time after graduating university. Then I got a job after parents pulled some strings with a friends. It's a shitty job: dead-end, badly-paid. I hate it. I want to quit every single day. But no place where I actually want to work even considers me

I'm nowhere close enough to moving out: I'm never going to achieve anything. I have no friends, so no network, either. I'm still using professors and supervisors from college internships as my references.

I just want the ride to be over, I've had enough.
>>
>>5477931
nothing, no, nothing, music video directing, transgirl bimbo slut, eh... the last two kinda answered that...
>>
>>5479926
why don't you just upgrade?
>>
>>5480045
Good luck man, I don't know what i want to do but I hope it's not for long
>>
File: 1447364363721.jpg (87KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
1447364363721.jpg
87KB, 625x468px
Currently work at a bird store. I take care of all of the birds, from conures and cockatiels to amazons and macaws. I also hand raise our babies and help them with learning to fly when the time comes. I then socialize them to get them used to humans so they can be sold to new families. I have my own bird as well, she's a little cockatiel. Great job, though I only make $8.50 an hour.

Currently studying Aviation in college, probably going to branch it out to Aviation Engineering or Management. I also have my private pilot's license, and plan to start obtaining all of the other additions I need so I can be certified for working in air transport. Needless to say, I want to work in aviation, preferably as a pilot.

Don't have a boyfriend, but I'm putting myself out there so I hope to find someone soon. Long-time goal is to have a husband and kids.

Short-time goals would probably be learning to properly cook, lose my virginity, and get into a great relationship.
>>
File: 2014-07-04_00002.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-04_00002.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>5480135
How do you make enough money to cover training, rental, insurance and fuel costs? I'm barely able to afford training with a $100k salary, so mostly just stick to sims
>>
File: 26528.jpg (69KB, 350x504px) Image search: [Google]
26528.jpg
69KB, 350x504px
>>
File: 1327731290641.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1327731290641.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
>>5480135
>studying to be pilot
>work in bird store
it's like poetry
>>
>>5480175
Currently work about 30 hours a week on top of school, so I make enough to fly at least once a week. My training fee covers the single-engined plane, fuel, and lesson, and it's *only* $175 per hour ($145 when I fly solo). It goes a bit slower, but it is rewarding. My advice is to NOT go to a prepaid program, but rather an instructor. It'll be way cheaper down the road.

What kind of work do you do? 100k salary sounds perfectly doable for you, unless you have a spending issue.
>>
>>5479981
Nope, tranny.
>>
File: 1449561265002.png (94KB, 278x469px) Image search: [Google]
1449561265002.png
94KB, 278x469px
>>5480175
>glass cockpit
>>
File: RayG.jpg (115KB, 1024x568px) Image search: [Google]
RayG.jpg
115KB, 1024x568px
>>5480135
>>5480175
>>5480210
What's up with you gays and airplanes
>>
transbutt here, writer/part time office fixer.

I am actually really good at the latter but the hours are shit for me and I get bored to depressive levels within months. I might go into sex work and at least pick my hours.
>>
>>5480135
>>5480175
>>5480210

Aren't you supposed to end-run all those fees by joining the Air Force?

>in after having to sign away 5 years of your life, the difficulty of getting in, etc etc
>>
File: MountainRun.jpg (65KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
MountainRun.jpg
65KB, 960x540px
>>5477931
Grocery store butcher. Not very glamorous bur pays really good and I get to have my own radio. Have a beautiful, kind, and intelligent vegetarian boyfriend who is cool with me too, so life isn't too bad. My dream is to do this forever. Maybe draw more, write music or something. Read more comic books. Whatever.

Happy new year to everyone btw!!
>>
>>5477931
I'm a software engineer (back-end developer).
>>5479711
I used to work for a huge company like that, supposed to be the best place to work, I hated it, now I work for a company that was acquired by a huge company like that, hopefully it never gets infected by the culture.
>>
>>5479743
It depends where you live. Here the service is offered by the city and also some churches. Check out the youth employment/therapist services in your city.
>>
>>5479078
If you weren't a monolingual Angloburger you could do translation within a niche field.
>>
>>5480206
ftm? :3
>>
>>5480936
Nope, mtf
>>
Was almost homeless and had some friends move me and my boyfriend into their big ass house, I have two months to find a job within biking distance or I'll have to find somewhere else to live. This place is soooo comfy though, I'll wash dishes if I have to.

-mtf btw
>>
>mfw neet
>mfw bf takes care of literally everything
>>
>gay
>university
>becomming a lawyer, fairly good at it
>leech off parents
Since I've always been the most boring person you could know I got quite a bit of money saved up.
Not enough for a flat or a car or anything similar, but I got a couple of thousands from birthdays and the likes (because I saved money from the age of six), so I get to enjoy my new explored dating life while having no job.
Felt a bit awkward to tell this guy, that I didn't have a job when he earns ~5 grands the month. Luckily enough he is pretty humble and accepts, that I'm 20 and still dependent on my parents.
>>
>>5481864
shit, where do I get a bf like that
>>
>>5481909
>be cute af
>be kind and humble
>not be a gold digger
wealthy people can most of the time instantly identify the gold diggers, if you don't care about their money, chance of them spoiling you are bigger.
this or get with some chubby guy or shy twink who is successful in school.
>>
>>5478018

>My main job is to help teens and young adults who are full NEETs

You also browse 4chan... is that like, working at home for you?
>>
>>5480830
I enjoy it. It gives a lot of freedom to do what you want how you want that I don't think I'd find in a lot of other places. Also the organization's kind-of flat, and if you mess up, the reaction's more of 'ok, how will you fix it' rather than 'pack your things and get out'.
>>
I'm an art student who does shitty web commissions and (one set of) children's book illustrations to support my peddling my Emotions to the world. I'm actually good, dedicated and versatile, but I'm also a fuking mess hence the board. If it doesn't work out I guess I'm doing retail for life.

>>5479743
You're a good person taking care of your father like that. I wish I could get over my issues with my parents to actually give back to them for what they didn't fuck up. I hope I can.

Honestly I want every depressed and compassionate neet in the world to pull through (whatever that means). I absolutely get not wanting to be here, but I'm not going anywhere so don't you leave me alone in this shithole.
>>
>>5477931

I live on a Rabbit/ chicken farm.

i also make walking sticks and sell antiques for extra money on the side.

im poor, but i get by.
>>
>>5477931

I have an art degree and run a small business selling cards, prints, and various other crafts on the side.

I start an occupational therapy assistant course on Monday, and should be certified to practice around this time next year. Very excited about it.

Goal is a small-ish house outside of city limits, preferably in a wooded area, and to start living more self-sufficiently.
>>
I'm getting ready to go to grad school for digital cartography and environmental science. I'd like to work on transit projects or just do research my whole life.

My dream job is where I sit in a cubicle, look at data, do research and make maps. Limited human contact and I don't have to do any kind of service or deal with people outside those that I work for.

But I have so much trouble functioning that I'll probably wind up being a custodian or some shit. I'm fine with it.
>>
I worked as a secretary for a couple years after graduating from high school and then had a job refurbishing Motorola devices. I got fired from that latter job when I accidentally outed myself as trans in 2011. I haven't had a real job since then.

I cam to pay for my food and necessities but I have no idea what I'm doing with my life or how to fix it. I'm 25 now and I feel like nobody will hire me. I never applied for benefits so I can't even get my non existent case worker to vouch for my mental illness.

I have severe social anxiety and untreated bipolar disorder that makes it difficult to go outside, let alone interact with real human beings. I want to be normal and go to university and get a job doing something I enjoy but I don't know where to start getting help.
>>
>>5477931

I'm a cable monkey. Not at all related to my college degree, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I loved the hell out of studying for my degree, I love this job, and I get paid rather decently. I have my own place, total independence, and I don't hate waking up in the morning. So life's already the best it's ever been for me. Maybe if my cards fall into place right then I can end up buying a house somewhere up north, settle down with a nice qt and raise a little family with her.
>>
>>5480919
Eigentlich ich bin nicht :^) aber mein Deutsch ist immer noch nich gut genug das zu tuen. Veileicht in eine paar jahren...
>>
>>5482262
that sounds cute as fuck
>>
I'm going to uni next year, majoring in physics. I've got a fuckload of electives, so doing some electrical engineering and geology too.

Hoping to go to grad school, get my PhD, and either work as a prof or in the industry. Not sure what my specialization's going to be yet, either something to do with nuclear, astro, or somethingsomethingcircuits (don't know if that's a real thing).

oh also
>leeching off parents (as long as i'm in school i don't have to pay for anything)
>gay but no social life because science
>>
I'm a sales rep for a rental company that deals in heavy machinery/industrial type shit.

Though I don't know if I'd call myself a legbutt.

I check in every now and then but this board is too special snowflake for me.
>>
File: whothehellcares.jpg (94KB, 750x570px) Image search: [Google]
whothehellcares.jpg
94KB, 750x570px
>>5481850
>-mtf btw
>>
>>5477931
Bullshit IT job that pays the bills and then some, no college, dream job to do twitch/let's plays for a living
>>
>>5487858
oh very good of you

I'm a PhD candidate in medical research. The salary sucks The salary itself is only 25k, but I earn an extra 10k on the side with some creative moneymaking and stocks

I'm 25 though and would really like to transition. It's never too late, though my hopes of ever becoming 'cute' are long gone :). Stay strong
>>
File: RnGEd93.jpg (40KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
RnGEd93.jpg
40KB, 480x270px
>>5493367
>It's never too late, though my hopes of ever becoming 'cute' are long gone
>>
File: s2SAMW7.jpg (529KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
s2SAMW7.jpg
529KB, 500x750px
Union electrician
>>
I'm an adult just getting out of high school looking at college. I think I'll study art and computer sciences. I dream to be a video game designer. Ideally, I'd be well known video game creator on the indie scene with many fun, well known games, worlds, and characters behind my belt.
>>
Physics undergrad (UK) with no clue what I want to do after. I'm pretty certain I don't want to go in to research or teaching..

I'm applying for internships at the moment with some companies. Mainly fields like defence, oil and banking because I hate the world.

Loads of places want engineers.. thinking I should have done that instead. What have other physics grads gone in to?
>>
Working as an auditor. Really stressful job and I think I would be happier being a farmer, something to do in nature.

When it gets really stressful after 70 hours week I often wonder if its even worth it and dont want to wake up. But when I see how I can support my family and girlfriend I know it is worth it. Dream is to be just happy and dont get depressed
>>
File: tumblr_m8fzlyeZBL1qgxzu1o1_500.jpg (83KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8fzlyeZBL1qgxzu1o1_500.jpg
83KB, 500x612px
Currently I'm neeting off money I made when I was younger.

I don't have plans to go to college

My dream is to make music and immerse myself in the arts :D

I like this thread
>>
>>5494524
any music/art to share, anon?
>>
>>5480203
My sides
>>
File: 1451714389408.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451714389408.jpg
42KB, 480x640px
>>5494687
IDK if it'll be up your alley but here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/vickqtoure/icky-vicky

It's rap :3
>>
>that fucking picture
...Anyway, I am studying Animation, and I work part time at a Coney Island Restaurant.
Ideal job would be to animate, and get paid the median pay for animators in the US, which is ~$60,000. The Ideal life would be to have my own series of animations and be completely self employed, instead of hopping from company to company, doing their cartoon dirty work.
Dream is to be good enough to start my own animation studio/office, and hire other animators. Get a business going.
>>
>>5477931
>What do you legbutts do for a living?
Division of child support, it's basically hell
>Are you in college?
Graduated in 2012
>What are you studying?
Philosophy, hahaha
>Ideal job?
None, i hate work
>Ideal life?
Rich, like trust fund rich, or five a rich older lady to take care of me
>Dreams?
That I either get rich doing nothing or finally work up the courage to kill myself after a few more years of this garbage
>>
>>5495084
Don't kill yourself! I thought you sounded like a really cool person.
>>
File: annak.gif (1MB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
annak.gif
1MB, 540x270px
>>5477931

>What do you legbutts do for a living?
i'm mtf, and i'm a camgirl.
>Are you in college?
not yettt.
>What are you studying?
dick i guess idk.
>Ideal job?
honestly i'm not sure. prob something in IT tho tbqh. if i could integrate my love for aesthetics into IT i would be in heaven.
>Ideal life?
i make about 4-5k a month now, but i'll be making 7-10k if i work on two sites like i'm supposed to be doing...and i want to use that money to get everything i need to function in a healthy way. yknow, i just want to have good friends, and a nice boyfriend, and a life, really. right now i basically just make money and...that's it.
>Dreams?
currently my dreams consist of just getting FFS, moving to Portland, general traveling, maybe buying a house, and one day maaaybe having kids. i want to have a normal job and actually wake up excited each day for something even if it's not work. i'd also like to open a non-profit for trans people that helps with aesthetic things that make living full-time easier, and that can help provide housing and HRT etc... but i won't be able to do that for at least another 10 years.
>>
I'm an assistant to a Project Manager at Caterpillar Brazil. It's pretty fun, and I get to meet a lot of people from the Chicago area. If you are fluent in English here, you can do anything.
>>
>>5477931
Currently studying biology/general education.
Ideal job would be physician's assistant (I'm detail oriented, have a good memory, and like diagnosing people and things. Plus if I can't make it to PA I can use the education to get something else in medicine).
Ideal life would be one where I play table top rpgs on weekends with boy friend in an apartment or house I own.
Being stable and mature enough to give back to society has been my lifelong dream that I keep falling short of.

I'd include kids in my life goals and dreams, but I'd be a terrible father. And if I ever got enough paternal instincts together to want to have kids then I would never want to subject someone I love to being raised by me or being burdened with my shitty genes.
>>
Right now I'm getting my Ph.D in physics and doing some required teaching assistant stuff.
Ideally, I want to work as a data analyst at a newspaper or vidya company or something I have no moral issues with (i.e. credit card companies, pharmaceuticals) after I'm outta school. Or maybe teach middle- or high school.
Ideal life, let's see... I want to make enough money so my mom can retire and do whatever she wants. A brownstone in Manhattan or an apartment near Coney Island ('cause I live near there now and love it) that's bigger than my current one. A garden or at least some outdoor space for plants. A couple cats. A girlfriend. Time to draw and make clothes.
My dream...? Eventually have enough money saved up to do art full-time; and also to make sure my mom and brother and girlfriend will never have to worry about money, 'cause it can't buy happiness but it can at least give some security.
>>
>>5477931
I pretend to go to college to please my parents but I'm a musician. Recently my band played a nearly sold out venue. I still hate living because I can't be myself. I plan on hanging myself when I turn 27 (4 more years).
>>
Graduated. Looking for jobs in game programming/design. Probably about to land one.
>Ideal job
Pretty much what I'm doing now, albeit with a more authoritative position, at a more interesting studio, or succeeding at indie
>Ideal life/dreams
Living in a liberal metropolitan area (SF?) or suburb. Successful transition, raising a daughter.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.