[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A guy I work with fucking loves RIP ammo and buys completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: G_R.I.P_Generic_2_grande.jpg (83KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
G_R.I.P_Generic_2_grande.jpg
83KB, 600x593px
A guy I work with fucking loves RIP ammo and buys completely into it.
How do I explain to him that he's a retard?
>>
>>28926261
the obvious answer is to shoot him with it
>>
>>28926261
A hollow point actually does more damage, the concept here is similar if you don't want to risk over penetration.

It's legit OP.
>>
Multiple wound channels DO increase the likelihood of hitting a vital or major artery.
>>
>>28926261
Slowly
>>
>>28926291

And shitty penetration reduces it.
A lot.
>>
>>28926309
Under-rated
>>
>>28926309
With Crayons if they're available.
>>
>>28926261
It's not bad, but it's not the best...
watch these three videos, and show them to that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psGFPRpWZ3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_27b9P0dfuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hpoyioicVU&index=3&list=PLLqTnqgNGdzNRvXvSPh3JtAodpO-wvp3u

*The third video puts everything into perspective

It's a perfectly suited self defense rounds, it just works differently than a conventional hollow-point.
>>
Shot a guy with .32 wadcutter two times. Homeintruder.Gypsie.5 Years ago.No cops, no Gypsies. Tested , tried, won't change.
>>
>>28926261
>>28926411
Same anon here,
Also, I will say this. G2Research did just come out with a new round, Civic Duty.
I haven't been able to find much on it, but damn it it looks promising!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD24STPPPuc
>>
>>28926261
Can some anon explain why this ammo is so bad? It's looks dumb but that's all I'm seeing.
>>
>>28926261
ballistic tests? There are good unleaded solid copper rounds out there, RIP just isn't one of them.
>>
>>28926488
You are trading more "wounds" for way less penetration, so to some it is a toss up between # of holes and depth of holes.
>>
>>28926505
Isn't that what mag dumping and center mass is for?
>>
>>28926488
Feeding issues. That's it. People debating pistol lethality should get a .22lr fmj to the brain.
>>
>>28926488
seeing is better than hearing why
>>28926411
>>
>>28926473
They named it like the most outrageous word possible. Right up there with "bleeding (for others)", "people's republic", "sir god" or "the prophet"
>>
>>28926261
Let him be, chances are near zero he will ever have to use it against a human and if he does proper shot placement is all that will matter for stopping the encounter.

Bullet technology is grossly exaggerated and anything hollow point frangible or the like will reduce the risk of over penetration vs standard ball.

My main concern in using RIP ammo is that of God forbid I actually had to use it in self defense the court fucking hangs me as some sort of psycho killer for using such a round.

They will put a picture of this bullet up there next to a kindergarten picture of the 'youth' or 'teen' you shot and it will be game.fucking.over.

My advise is use the exact same ammo used by your local police department. For me that means Speer gold dot both in my 9mm and 45acp. For my 9mm Browning Court I run S&B standard ball.
>>
>>28926563
The "DA is gonna make me look like a monster" round. The names are retarded and will make you look horrible if they just read it off.
"The defendant shot mr. Maxwell 3 times after the argument with 3 "civic duty" massive exspansion rounds" pause for effect "would the defendant say he was looking for a fight?"
>>
>>28926667
>My advise is use the exact same ammo used by your local police department
Did you just walk in the station one day and ask or something? Sounds awkward. Then again, I'm awkward.
>>
FEDERAL HST
>>
>>28926691
Public record from purchase orders
>>
>>28926717
How did you find that?
>>
>>28926729
Office of public records, request a copy of police purchase orders
>>
>>28926691

It's a matter of public record so you can check their website and related docs or you could call them or yea walk in there or walk up to any cop on the street.

The benefit there is that if you ever need to use it your lawyer can argue that you used the ammo found to be most effective and therefor used by your local PD vs some crazy RIP round or standard ball. With standard ball you risk the 'he had no concern for bystanders and wanted to buy as many bullets as he could afford to genocide 6 million negros vs more expensive and responsible hollow point ammo'
>>
>>28926729
Or you know, just call and ask.
"Hi I was wondering if i could to talk to the sargent on duty for an non emergency question............Hello, i was curious what type of ammo the department provides its officers.........thank you
>>
>>28926751

"THIS GUY THINKS HE'S A COP, HE GOES OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE WITH HIS COP GUN, PROBABLY HATES BLACKS, TOO"
>>
>>28929384
This was a joke, but anti gun people really think like this.

I actually had someone argue that non LEO civilians should only be able to own revolvers.

When I explained why the vast majority of LE agencies (including the FBI) stopped issuing revolvers and started issuing semi autos (1986 Miami Shootout) they sperged out about how I'm not a cop and I don't need to be able to access the same technology as pooleece.
>>
>>28929547
>they sperged out about how I'm not a cop and I don't need to be able to access the same technology as pooleece.

It pisses me of so much when I hear that bullshit.

The fact that the military and police have 'X' is exactly why WE need it.

>debating gun control with aunt
>hughes amendment comes up
>"But anon, if you got rid of that, normal people would have the same guns as soldiers!"
>"That's the idea."

She looked like she was about to stroke out.
>>
>>28926535
>implying you would waste true .22 FMJ on a no-funz
>>
>>28929604
>She looked like she was about to stroke out
too bad she didn't. fucking cunt.
>>
>>28926473
anyone know what gr and velocity this garbage gets?

9mm is too weak of a round to take any advantage of something like this.

this in 10mm? might work if it doesn't fragment apart
>>
>>28929604
The whole fucking NFA needs to get repealed. It should have never been upheld as constitutional.
>>
>>28930239
our supreme court says corporations are people and money is free speech. i don't expect the supreme court to ever uphold or defend the constitution as it was intended.
>>
>>28926261
Ballistic gel.
>>
File: RIP is trash.png (545KB, 498x877px) Image search: [Google]
RIP is trash.png
545KB, 498x877px
>>28926261
Show him how it's worse than .22lr from a pistol.
>>
>>28926411
It works worse than a JHP for twice the price. The gimmick bit does fucking nothing.
>>
>>28926261
>>28926490
>>28930248
Except when tested in ballistics gel it is legit.

Look at the stopping power https://youtu.be/kx7rWloog-Q?t=3m15s
>>
>>28930235
100gr @ 1230fps, so 455 joules. Pretty fucking pathetic.
>>
>>28929547
>1986 Miami Shootout

They learned the wrong lesson. It was rifle vs handguns. If any of the agents had been properly armed and equipped, it would have been over a lot quicker.

Though for the record, it was two well placed .38 rounds that ended that shootout, shot from a 357 revolver at ridiculously close range.

The lessons to learn from that are that rifles >>>>>> handguns, shot placement is king, only CNS hits will guarantee an assailant will stop, and don't carry 38s in a 357. If they'd had more high capacity pistols in that firefight, it would have just upped the number of total rounds fired.
>>
File: cruel.jpg (31KB, 320x273px) Image search: [Google]
cruel.jpg
31KB, 320x273px
>>28926667
This.

though my co-woker insists that it's ILLEGAL to use this type of ammo because it's "cruel and unusual punishment".
>>
I bought 2 boxes of the stuff when I got my new concealed. I didn't do any fancy ballistics tests or anything but I can tell you that it had problems feeding. The little spine parts that break off aren't really that sharp, either, but I guess it wouldn't feel that way if you get shot with the ammo. The bullet itself is tiny and kinda blunted and probably won't do much outside of shooting melons and bottles with it (which is pretty fun getting those star shapes). Just think of it as a glorified 22lr in that it has the potential to kill someone at short range with proper shot placement.
>>
>>28933157
Yeah, but .22 isn't over $150 a round.
>>
>>28933346
Gah, missed the decimal, $1.50.
>>
>>28931845
>tfw no gr
>>
>>28926261

Explain to him 0.5mvsquared
>>
>>28926289
>if you don't want to risk over penetration.
Actually, this is a legitimate application of RIP ammo. The penetration is so shitty and unreliable, that they're great if you are more concerned about accidentally shooting through walls and hitting family members than dropping the target.
>>
>>28926269
>>28926334
>>
>>28933561
>>28926261
What if we poured lead into the cavity? Would it still work?
>>
File: keksimus_maximus.jpg (23KB, 374x394px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus_maximus.jpg
23KB, 374x394px
>>28926309
>>
>>28933903
That's what I was trying to point out. But you said it more clearly.
>>
>>28926411

>RIP 9mm same as .22lr fragmenting

Fucking kek. Lets turn your 9mm manstopper into a rodent tickler
>>
>>28926535

Holy shit, this is serious autism

> penetration, what's that?

> muh wound channels

> pressure death surely isn't real, right anon

Nigger that ammo penetrates ALMOST as well as .22lr, ALMOST. Why don't you do the world a favor and find out on yourself which round penetrates a potato better.
>>
File: 1455265421747~02.jpg (6KB, 109x131px) Image search: [Google]
1455265421747~02.jpg
6KB, 109x131px
>>28937573
>9mm
>manstopper

lol wut
>>
>>28933903
>The penetration is so shitty and unreliable, that they're great if you are more concerned about accidentally shooting through walls and hitting family members than dropping the target.

What if I just want an excuse to mag-dump a Dindunuffin-American instead of just dropping him reliably with a double-tap?

You're on more fucking drugs than than the guy breaking into my house if you think it's not going to do enough damage to stop your ass.

>it's 2016
>not loading your home-defense magazine with RIP, then hollow point, then steel-tipped penetrators just incase the PCP-nigger is also wearing kevlar
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.