[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are tiny gunlets so popular for CC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 21

It seems most people that carry a concealed handgun on a daily basis opt for some compact or even a pocket pistol. How cumbersome is a full sized service handgun? I carry a K-frame with a four inch barrel on my waste in all seasons. This is saying something, as I live in the Mojave desert, and daily highs north of 105 degrees are par for the course. Summer wear is typically baggy cargo shorts, a wife beater, and a short sleeve button up (I find that colorfully patterned Hawaiian shirts do well to break up the outline of any object one might have underneath). I don't find my gun to be overly difficult to carry, and I have never left it at home due to discomfort or weather. I'd like to know if full sized handguns are really difficult for most people, or is it just a matter of laziness?

Full disclosure, I'm a 6'1" 200lb male, so my dimensions may skew my view on this issue.
>>
I'll be expelled if I'm discovered to be carrying. A single-stack 9mm makes sense until I graduate. (It's legal in my state, before the swarm of noguns start calling me an idiot criminal)

Not every person's situation is the same as yours OP, that's why they make different kinds of guns.
>>
File: 10.jpg (137KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
137KB, 960x720px
>>28909425

6'3" 210lb nerd here.
>>
>Summer wear is typically baggy cargo shorts, a wife beater, and a short sleeve button up (I find that colorfully patterned Hawaiian shirts do well to break up the outline of any object one might have underneath).

>look like white trash like I do guys!
>because nobody suspects the guy in the Hawaiian shirt of concealing a gun
>>
>>28909478
>because nobody suspects the guy in the Hawaiian shirt of concealing a gun
I said "the Mojave", but I'll be more specific. No, nobody suspects that a guy in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts in Las Vegas is carrying a gun.

>>28909460
>It's legal in my state
Are you absolutely sure? Is it simply a matter of school policy differing from state law?
>>
>>28909425
>why do people who want to hide something choose a small thing
>>
>>28909425
>Full disclosure, I'm a 6'1" 200lb male, so my dimensions may skew my view on this issue.

So what? I'm 5'7, and 120lb, but I do have .45ACP sized hands.

Doesn't change that I'm interested in slim handguns.
>>
>>28909551
a seemingly simple question, but I don't have any trouble carrying a considerably larger, more effective thing. I suppose it could simply be a difference in priorities.
>>
File: python.jpg (469KB, 2380x1040px) Image search: [Google]
python.jpg
469KB, 2380x1040px
>>28909425
>How cumbersome is a full sized service handgun?
depends how you try to carry it.

I can imagine several reasons one might carry a mousegun.
they're cheaper than full size.
don't need to spend much or maybe even any money on a holster, and don't need to spend time choosing one that is both comfortable and suits your clothing choice.
some people just like wearing tight or little clothing, either because of hot weather or they are female/effeminate.
>>
>>28909589
>larger, more effective
what is this, the 90s?
>>
>>28909587
>Doesn't change that I'm interested in slim handguns.
What about them appeals to you?
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 377x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 377x364px
>mfw ugly neck beards brag about carrying full size in their baggy ugly clothing
>>
>>28909425
I carry a pocket auto.

I do so because my job requires me to have a tucked-in button-down shirt with tie, but not a blazer/suit coat.

Kinda hard to carry IWB when your shirt's tucked in.
>>
>>28909610
have you ever shot a handgun?
longer barrels make bullets go faster.
longer sight radius is easier to aim accurately.
larger frame absorbs recoil better.
longer grip handles better.

not to mention full size pistols are generally more reliable to boot.
>>
>>28909610
There is simply no arguing that a heavier handgun with a longer barrel is easier to shoot than a lighter handgun with a shorter barrel firing the same round. So yes, objectively more effective. This isn't to say that the trade off is unjustifiable. I'm simply asking /k/ to justify it. This isn't a "prove me wrong" thread. I asked a question, and in response, several posters have pointed out solid reasons for opting for a smaller gun.
>>
>>28909525
Quite sure. I've read all the relevant statutes, the state college board policies, asked concealed carry instructors for their input, and so on. The state has no ban against carry in a public university, only high schools and below. The state college board says that visitors with a CCW can carry freely, but employees will be fired and students will be expelled. There's some other nitty gritty about things like guns in the parking lot or for a college-taught class but they aren't relevant here.

I don't carry where it would be a felony. I can recover from an expulsion without TOO much difficulty, I can't easily fix my life from a felony firearms charge.
>>
>>28909673
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tuckable+iwb+holster
>>
>>28909699
I said "kinda hard" not "100% impossible"

Also I've tried several reputable "tuckable" IWB holsters and I simply draw much faster from a good pocket holster.
>>
>>28909673
There ARE quite a few well-made holsters expressly designed for tucked shirts, if that was something you were interested in doing (and no I don't mean the Urban Carry).

Pocket carry is something I've considered for myself, though I don't like being unable to draw while seated. If not for that I'd do it for sure, everything else about it seems great.
>>
>>28909681
>bullet speed
>sights
>recoil
>grip handling
I thought we were talking about a carry gun lol
Literally zero of that matters. Get an LCP, load it with some Precision One XTP, slap a CT laser on it and the lipped mag floorplate and you've got 100% of what you need out of a carry gun.
100%
>>
>>28909685
>easier
kek ok well maybe you should be asking which nail color looks prettier on you
>>
>>28909705
check out the High Noon Split Decision. i use that and the desantis nemsis.
>>
File: tuckable%20steps[1].jpg (86KB, 851x391px) Image search: [Google]
tuckable%20steps[1].jpg
86KB, 851x391px
>>28909673
OP here, I'm fortunate in this regard. My business casual work attire allows untucked shirts, so I carry as I am accustomed to. You could probably go up in size with a tuckable holster, though I'm not sure by how much. If I had to live with your requirements, no doubt my chosen carry piece would change.
>>
>>28909745
Try harder.
>>
>>28909775
bloo bloo cry more
if literally just shooting a gun is "hard" for you, just kill yourself
>>
>>28909632
Source on smug loli.
>>
>>28909425
You needed to start a thread because you don't know why someone would choose deep concealment over stoppan powah? Amassing fat around your midsection to better conceal guns isn't tactical.
>>
>>28909832
Ugh. Trying to angle a pistol butt under a doughy paunch sounds LESS convenient, not more.
>>
>>28909425
Carry a small .380 in a holster that clips onto my pants/shorts. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing pants with a belt or basketball shorts it works well with both, feels almost like it isn't there, and can be put on/removed in the same amount of time as it takes to put my wallet or phone in my pocket.
>>
>>28910228
Hold up! It clips securely to elastic shorts? The gun reliably draws, and the holster never comes with it? Does this holster just have zero grip on the gun?
>>
>>28909616
Well, the most straightforward thing is that there's a 10 round magazine limit here, so I might as well try and take advantage of that. Seems to make sense to go with either a single stack 9mm on the one hand, or .45 ACP on the other, maybe even a bit more, if that can make any sense.
>>
>>28909616
There's also how parabellum and .40 and up seem optimized for long barrels, and hanguns seem to be very prone to being short, so it seems sensible to just go with .380/9-mak with is strictly made for compacts.
>>
>>28910322
Makes perfect sense. If you're dealing with that kind of limit, no point getting a gun with a bulky, underused grip. I'm sure it helps that a 9mm single stack feels as good in the hand as ones own cock.
>>
>>28910282
>Hold up! It clips securely to elastic shorts?
Not quite, it still requires at least a drawstring to keep your shorts from falling down. The holster has some grip by itself with the rest being provided by the gun being between the pants/shorts and your body. It pulls up my shorts slightly when I draw but not much and has enough grip that I can do a handstand or jump around without the gun falling out. Holster is a Galco tuckable and the gun is a S&W M&P Bodyguard .380.
>>
File: IMG_6666.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6666.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>28910282
i have a crappy uncle mikes holster that i wear to the store whenever im wearing gym shorts and it draws reliably.

>here is my problem

my waist is a 34, but in order to iwb carry id have to go up a size. the difference in cut between a 34 and 35 is VAST, there must be some scale that 35 is like fat person size so the cut of the shorts/pants is bigger than just a waist size below. so i buy a pair of levis 513 in 34, fits great. i buy them in 35 and theyre baggy wigger pants from the 90s. same with my shorts. i bought a pair of volcom khaki shorts in 34 and they fit fine, i bought the same pair in 35 and theyre xbox hueg. the other problem is apparently shirts are cut for manlets and my t shirts are too short to not ride up above my belt line when im sitting down, so id have to tuck the shirt under the holster clip whenever id go out to eat. the only time i carry iwb now is if im in gym shorts and running to the store real quick.

i carried at 4 oclock. when i carried at 1 oclock the gun would either poke me in the stomach when i sat down or the slide would ride into my thigh. inb4 HURR COMFORTING NOT COMFORTABLE. im not gonna sit there with a gun digging into my stomach or leg when im trying to enjoy a nice dinner, and i could not iwb if i was wearing anything halfway decent.

i am not a fat fag either, im 6'0 170, i just have a wide as fuck trunk, its like straight down from my armpits to my hips, no waist. so here were my options-

>buy wigger pants and carry uncomfortably iwb anyways
>pull my pants up like urkel so my t shirts wouldnt pull up over the gun, carry iwb uncomfortably

so i went out and bought a ruger lcp and this pocket holster. the holster is bretty gud when youre wearing jeans, less so when youre wearing pants that the pocket isnt stitched directly onto the butt, i.e. the pocket is inside the pants and the material usually isnt the same so the holster isnt as grippy. but the ruger has been 100% reliable.
>>
File: IMAG0314.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0314.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
It wasn't my choice, I inherited this gun. I love it though it's reliable, super fun to shoot and easily concealed
>>
File: 1530_t1p21.jpg (34KB, 320x340px) Image search: [Google]
1530_t1p21.jpg
34KB, 320x340px
>>28910647

and further on the ruger, my opinion of that company was that they were a fudd company that made low quality stuff. i walked into my lgs and asked for the SW bodyguard and he told me something about how all the ones he sold had problems so he stopped carrying it, but for the same price he could get me this ruger. this nigger also lurks here and posts pictures from his shop so give a /k/ommando a discount if youre reading this.

i finger fucked the ruger and i was actually pretty astonished at how good quality it looked and felt, i liked the trigger. i wasnt so hot on the sights so i dabbed over them with nail polish to make them more visible. eventually im going to drill divots into the sights and put tritium or something in them. but its light as fuck and super slim, and i have little tiny hands for a dude so it fits comfortably.

it eats everything i give it, never once have a i had a an issue with it. its a tack driver at least out to 20 feet, and even when i sloppily mag dumped at that distance, all the rounds ended up in the silhouette still so im assuming if i mag dump at someone in a panic it will all still hit them as long as im pointing at them. probably wrong but its comforting to know. everyday when i leave for work i toss it in the back pocket of my slacks, i put it in my desk drawer during work, and i put it back in my pocket when i leave work. i started carrying specifically because a coworker showed up on an off day when i was at the office alone, and he was drunk, and he pulled a gun on me. i didnt call the cops because i felt bad for the guy, his kid just an heroed and he wasnt in the right mind at the time. i dont think ruining his life even more by doing something like that to him would have been conducive, but it was a wake up call that bad shit like that can happen. hence, why i carry what i carry and why i started carrying in the first place.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
54KB, 800x800px
>>28909425

Imagine having to carry an old heavy 'brick-phone' around everywhere. It will get onerous pretty quick. So a small, light 'persuader' would be a lot of people's everyday carry, wouldn't it?
>>
>>28910886
depends if it's more effective at what it does.
every phone I've had in the last ten years is much bigger than the flip phone I carried in high school, but they had improvements like better cameras, full keyboards for texting, and now touch screens with internet access.
>>
>>28910647
How many pairs of jeans do you own? Could try buying 35 and just getting them tailored so you don't look like a wigger. Shouldn't be that expensive.
>>
>>28910960
>depends if it's more effective at what it does.
Except the chances of you ever using it in your lifetime are incredibly slim and the chances of a smaller and easier to carry gun not working just as well are also incredibly slim. Would you be wiling to carry a larger phone because it has more features if you never actually used those features?
>>
File: img000005.png (672KB, 870x1236px) Image search: [Google]
img000005.png
672KB, 870x1236px
>>28911148
>implying I do anything but text, call, take pictures, and shitpost on /k/
>>
File: miniature shitposting device.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
miniature shitposting device.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28911165
>thinking shitposting isn't a reason for having a larger phone, or carrying a larger device than a phone
Seriously, fuck shitposting from a phone.
>>
>>28909766
CIA?
>>
>>28909425
>(I find that colorfully patterned Hawaiian shirts do well to break up the outline of any object one might have underneath).
You are literally a walking stereotype.
>>
>>28909425
>Summer wear is typically baggy cargo shorts, a wife beater, and a short sleeve button up

There you have it. You don't dress professionally. People in white collar jobs have to, and combination of well-fitting slacks, tucked-in shirt, and the possibility of taking off a jacket in workplaces that allow them make pocket pistols the natural solution, especially considering that with smartphones, it is not unusual to have a lot of shit in your pocket
>>
>>28909766
Why would you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
>>28911119
not many but its prohibitively expensive and a pain in the fuckin ass.
>>
File: i-can-rip-to-this.gif (100KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
i-can-rip-to-this.gif
100KB, 96x96px
>>28909466
>tootsie toy
My man and a half.
>>
File: 20160213_200920.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160213_200920.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
because a Glock brand Glock won't fit in my ass cheeks
>>
>>28910409
My cock feels like a triple stack.
>>
>>28913270
No!! There shall be NO triple stacking of cocks! Is that clear?
>>
>>28914444
But sir you've already got a 4-stack of 4's...
>>
>>28911693
Would be if I wasn't 24 years old. Also, I carry at one o'clock. This has never happened.
>>
I have a g29 an fnx40 and an xdm9 all with holsters, but a lot of times I just throw my air weight in my back pocket out of pure convenience. It's easy to forget it's even back there and comfy enough to sit on for car rides <1 hr long. If I'm taking a road trip or going to parts unknown I'll strap up with a full size semi as well.
>>
>>28909589

You carry a K frame. In no way is that more effective than a pocket 9mm. You have the same number of bullets with the same ballistic potential. You just carry it in a heavier, more cumbersome package.
>>
I'm too stylish to CCW
>>
File: 1377036629702.jpg (18KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1377036629702.jpg
18KB, 250x245px
>>28915427
>.357 magnum from a 4" barrel has the same ballistic potential as 9mm from a 3" barrel
>>
>>28915518
Thank you for the support, but it's a .38 special. I think it still beats out a pocket 9mm, but not nearly as dramatically as a .357 mag.

>>28915427
I've had the opportunity to try a pocket 9mm, and had a much easier time putting lead on target quickly with the heavier, more cumbersome package.
>>
I carry a fuddy-five year round.
Winter is great since I prefer under arm.
Hot summer days I just print under my polo shirt.

Dont give many fucks
>>
File: casket magazine.jpg (42KB, 504x397px) Image search: [Google]
casket magazine.jpg
42KB, 504x397px
>>28914463
Oh shit! Okay, fine, we don't have a problem with quad stacking the load feeding the barrel, but there can be no triple, quad or even double stacked barrels!

That would cause great problems.
>>
>>28910647
how about you lose 10 pounds and carry in your 34"s? I'm 6' 175 and wear 32". Not to be rude but you probably have some extra weight.
>>
>>28916270
>175 and wear 32"
Man I think I was that size around freshman year of highschool
>>
I don't understand super small guns either. Seems like significant diminishing returns. If you can conceal a tiny gun you can conceal a p2000sk, p239, mp9c, sr9c etc. the shoot ability of these small compacts are miles above subcompacts
>>
>>28909425

You can't even spell 'waist' you inbred retard. No wonder you can't comprehend that not everyone else is a pretty big guy, or they have other concerns, or they feel comfortable with their guns small size, since they aren't compensating for not being able to spell.
>>
My personal observation is that it is because people are fat. I've many neighbors and customers who possess compact pistols like glock 19s, but end up carrying g43s because the fat pushes the pistol out from their waistline. I EDC a USPc and was astounded when these guys told me I couldn't, that it must be too big and that I need a Shield or something.
>>
>>28911208
/g/ is having a field day with those crappy netbooks. The only thing I need a mobile keyboard for is developing Android, and the IDE and compiler runs like total ass on weak computers. No way in hell I'm using an Atom.
>>
>>28916427
What if I told you I was the OP in the first comfy devices to shitpost from thread? Still kind of amazed it took off like that.
>>
>>28916345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjtpp90lu8
>>
File: 1424659727906.jpg (69KB, 474x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424659727906.jpg
69KB, 474x500px
>>28909766

>remora tuckable holster
>doesn't take the belt clip off
>>
>>28909425
I just carry a CZ RAMI because it is easy as fuck to conceal but has more or less normal capacity and weight.

I want to get the extended mag though.
>>
>>28909525

As someone who resides in Vegas I can tell you that I assume everyone I see wearing a hawiian shirt is carrying a gun. Just as I assume everyone I see wearing an Ed hardy or tap-out shirt has a micro penis.
>>
>>28909723

If you can get a hand in your pocket while seated then I would say diabetes, heart disease and stroke are of greater personal concern statistically than effecting an armed defense.
>>
>>28916489
It's pretty cool, I like the idea, I just can't believe that /g/ is paying money to get so many clunkers functional
>>
>>28909766
>AIWB 1911

For when you absolutely, positively, never have to sit down...
>>
>>28909729

I agree, I have an LCP and it is the best carry gun there is.

Seecamp and the Seecamp knockoffs are cool too but pricey
>>
>>28909729
>>28917299
Right!
I had been using a full size 9mm as my carry, but I just picked up a lcp and a "unholstered" under the waste band clip for under 270 and I fucking love it.
>>
File: image.jpg (366KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366KB, 2048x2048px
I've been trying too find out what pocket pistol this is from the movie Buffalo 66, anyone got any guesses?
>>
>>28910647

Try 511s or 541s, both have elastin in the weave, so an inch or two of give. Also, slimmer fit for the 511s
>>
File: Spirit950Jetfire.jpg (435KB, 2128x1626px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit950Jetfire.jpg
435KB, 2128x1626px
>>28917588
Looks like a Beretta Jetfire

Tiny mousegun.
>>
Because I'm a fat fuck, and until I cease being a fat fuck it's prohibitively difficult for me to IWB carry my Glock 19. Until then, I'm resorting to pocket-carrying an LCR
>>
File: image.jpg (326KB, 810x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326KB, 810x900px
>>28917699
Which LCR you carry, I'm interested in getting one but there are so many different caliber models not sure which too get and carry. How you like the gun so far?
>>
>>28917764
.357 2" LCR. I like it. The trigger is nice and smooth though it has a long reset, and the extra couple of ounces from the .38 Special model help if you're shooting .38. Hurts my fucking hand if I'm shooting .357 though.
>>
>>28917764

Get the .38 model.

No reason for .357 in a snubby like the LCR and the kick will be tremendous.
It's a bit cheaper and lighter.
>>
>>28917777 here,
Do what >>28917789 says. Hell, maybe even go for the 3" LCRx that's out now.
>>
>>28917792
How about I middle ground and get the .357 but shoot .38 mainly from it. Also is .327 federal worth a damn, that model carries six shoots and got a decent review on Hickok.
>>
>>28917792

Okay, well i happen to have the LCR X3" im the other anon, and it's very nice, has good sights and makes a fine shooting gun, besides the recoil is heavy due to the light weight ( the 3" model is still over two ounces lighter than your .357 short model, since the frame is made of Alumin)
The trigger is great especially in single action, it's a nice gun, if you're a decent shot you could have confidence in it's accuracy at 15-20m distance way better than you would with the snubby model. It's much larger which would make it harder but far from impossible to conceal.

Really, i'd say the adjustable sights (which are quite superb in my opinion) and better accuracy + longer, more filling handgrip make the gun worthwhile versus the base LCR, at expense of size, but not really weight.

I would think that for conceal carry a shorter LCR with the lasergrips could be more suitable depending on your needs.
I would also not put a laser on the 3" model. The factory handgrip is essential in taming recoil impulse.

I just take mine to the range and find it pleasant to shoot, if not swiftly kicking.
>>
>>28917824
2nd anon here again

Remember that buying the .357 is going to cost you in both cash and in weight for little appreciable gain besides 'cool' factor or fireball making.
So in my opinion it's really not worth it when you can buy .38 +P rounds anyway.

Don't know anything about .327, but i got the .38 because it is the defining caliber for revolvers and is very common. If the extra round was important to you, you'd probably already be looking for a semi-auto.
>>
the ruger lcp custom is floating around $200 and from what I've seen online it is quite the improvement over the regular lcp.

any reason not to get one?
>>
>>28909525
Hunter? Is that you?
>>
>>28917875
Only thing I don't like about it is the red trigger, I say go for it.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.