[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What info can /k/ provide on the CZ P01? Is CZ euroshit? Worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 17

File: cz75p01-nill-left-full.jpg (436KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
cz75p01-nill-left-full.jpg
436KB, 1000x669px
What info can /k/ provide on the CZ P01?

Is CZ euroshit? Worth purchasing for first ccw? Should I expect reliability issues or is pistol fine?
>>
Get it. Get it now.
>>
>>28903264
Any particular reason? I mean I hear great things about it but I'm afraid of being shilled.
>>
>>28903251
never tried the p01 but all the cz I've handled felt great and functioned fine with everything from shit reman ammo to hollowpoints.
>>
CZ guns pretty much dominate the competition circuit.
>>
File: 20151031_150320-1.jpg (3MB, 1855x2695px) Image search: [Google]
20151031_150320-1.jpg
3MB, 1855x2695px
>>28903251
Bought mine over the summer. Great pistol. Only complaint is that super slim slide. Took a little getting used to.
>>
File: cz75p01-nill-left-flat.jpg (464KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
cz75p01-nill-left-flat.jpg
464KB, 1000x669px
>>28903280
Also is NATO testing & approval a meme? I know a bit about firearms but the only thing I've ever heard about CZ's were Scorpions and EVO pistols.
>>
>>28903312
Does it impair your efficiency with the pistol or do you entirely get used to it
>>
>>28903251
Great pistol, I'm saving to get the CZ-75 P-01 Shadow Canadian Edition (silver or black...).

Such a smooth trigger.
>>
>>28903323
NATO testing is shady with a bunch of back door deals.
>>
File: 20151031_150517-1.jpg (3MB, 1755x2849px) Image search: [Google]
20151031_150517-1.jpg
3MB, 1755x2849px
>>28903356
You get used to it. You have to kind of slingshot it with your thumb and index finger.

I should also add that it's probably the most comfortable 9mm handgun I've ever held.
>>
>>28903251
Question: which is the best stock cz pistol currently in production?

p01, p09, rami? There are so many different makes and I honestly don't understand the difference between any of them (outside of their obvious size differences). Is there any qualitative difference in their production quality?
>>
>>28903506
75b or P01 if you're looking for something a little more compact. Other models have different features, ambi decocker, rail, etc, but those two have become THE czs.
>>
I have a P07 gen 2, great mid sized gun imo
>>
>>28903251
You mentioned CCW. Having caried numerous guns over the years I'd really recommend something smaller and thinner like a PPS or any of the numerous single stack 9x19 pistols.

Not that it can't be carried, I'm just promising you that you'll carry a thinner, lighter pistol more often.
>>
>>28903519
So the differences are just within the features?

I want to get a cz, but I want to get their best shooting model. Maybe pick up a rami too for CC.
>>
>>28903506
Sphinx SDP
>>
>>28903564
Most CZs are just alterations of the 75b. They all shoot about the same because of that. Most of the things they offer in 9mm, they offer in .40 S&W.

Omega means it has a different trigger construction, but I've yet to shoot one. I do plan on snatching a P-01 Omega now that CZ has them in their U.S. catalog.
>>
>>28903564
If you can live without any of the added features found in other models, I'd say just pick up a 75b.
>>
>>28903390
Favorite beer
>>
>>28903546
This is really good info. But at 6'4" and 290lbs, I've a generous bit of real estate, and my hands don't favor thin handguns much. I'm much less effective in my shooting without having a "full grip" on the weapon, which is what attracted me to the one in question. Everyone's on about the ergos.
>>
File: 1455283961250.gif (2MB, 200x182px) Image search: [Google]
1455283961250.gif
2MB, 200x182px
>>28903390
You wouldn't happen to have any other pics, would you. It's a very attractive piece of hardware..
>>
File: IMG_4295.jpg (381KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4295.jpg
381KB, 1200x1200px
>>28903251
I had a grip screw hole positioning problem, but it's ok now.
>>
>>28903578
>Sphinx SDP
Why? What justifies double the pricetag on a spinx compared to a CZ? From reviews I've read, it seems to come down to personal preference as the Spinx has higher attention to detail given to it, they roughly preform the same. Right; wrong?
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 900x507px
>>28904535
I have no idea about the new Sphinxes, but the 2000 and the 3000 are worth way more than a CZ75.

It's basically the best CZ75 clone ever made, even better than the original.
>>
>>28904741
Never knew this. Do they have a compact model similar to the po1?
>>
File: CZP01.jpg (217KB, 620x442px) Image search: [Google]
CZP01.jpg
217KB, 620x442px
>>28903251
>What info can /k/ provide on the CZ P01?

It has a perfect grip for most people.

Because the slide rides completely in the frame of the gun, the top part of the slide that you can actually grip can only be grabbed with your thumb and the edge of your forefinger. If you have fat fingers, this is even more difficult. It's about half the real estate of the Glock when you go to yank the slide back.

Trigger out of the box is extremely meh at best, even in DA. Tons of travel, stacking, and a somewhat vague break.

Lastly one item that confuses people: It comes with a polymer guide rod. Yes, an all-alloy pistol comes with a polymer guide rode. This is for a reason apparently, and that is to help absorb some of the recoil of the spring going back to battery and slamming against the slide stop. People who have replaced their guide rod with steel ones have reported more wear on the slide stop. Me personally, I haven't shot it enough after changing it out (only recently did) to notice anything, but you do change the spring when you do it, so there is that...

Source: Owned since 2013, probably have 1000+ rds through it.
>>
>>28905656
Can you do a trigger job on it?
>>
>>28905656
Do you like it anon? Recommend something else?

I just want something comfortable, reliable, with 14+ round mags, hammer fired, that's appendix concealable, and accurate under $800

This seems to fit the bill but I just like to get info from people who've already done what I'm thinking of doing.
>>
File: CZ 455 Bull.png (117KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
CZ 455 Bull.png
117KB, 1000x666px
>>28905676

CZ has its own custom shop @ http://czcustom.com/

They'll charge you about $150 to do one, and another $150 to install a super short reset in it.

How much of this can be done by your "average" gunsmith is a great question. I will tell you around here (South) CZs aren't very common - in stores or in holsters. Maybe if you went to Atlanta or found a guy who SPECIFICALLY knows what the fuck he's doing with a CZ you could get one done locally rather than send it in to the sponsored shop. Of course part of what you're paying for is to have it done absolutely correct, similar to Kimber's or S&W's custom services.

The custom shop sells most of the spare parts you'd need - springs, etc. But there's only a certain number of "performance" internals to pick from. The rest comes down to polishing up those surfaces to slick them up and whatever other magic the CZ Approvedâ„¢ Gunsmiths are aware of to turn the trigger into something amazing. I will tell you this much: Throw enough money at them and they WILL make it amazing - the custom shop has pre-built models they've already customized for sale on their site. Not cheap at all though.

>>28905700
>Do you like it anon? Recommend something else?

IMO, and this is just IMO - it is a great gun to OWN, not necessarily have. I say that because it's not a gun I look at as a beater EDC. I've since gotten a subcompact Ruger LC9S for my EDC, because the CZ was almost "too nice" to be toting around all the time. If I had to go with a compact or full size for EDC, I'd be looking at other options besides CZ probably.

Don't misunderstand, I love CZs and have the P01 and a 455 - recently tried to get a 557 (but couldn't find one within 100 miles of me, go figure). CZs are extremely nice guns. The kind of nice that makes you not want to beat the shit out of it or grind the finish off in an EDC holster.
>>
>>28905700
>I just want something comfortable, reliable, with 14+ round mags, hammer fired, that's appendix concealable, and accurate under $800
>This seems to fit the bill but I just like to get info from people who've already done what I'm thinking of doing.

At the end of the day, it will work. I can't remember that my P01 has ever failed in the 1000+ rounds, or if it did, it was very early on when the gun was super tight. I can't remember any time in the last 500+ rounds that it has done anything besides work and go bang every time.

Setting your price range at $800 there are a ton of options. My big qualm though was the fact that I didn't want "my baby" riding around in my EDC holster all the time. It took me a while to find and acquire it - like I said, CZs are very rare around here. Just the fact I found what I actually wanted was kind of an achievement.

More to the point though, yes it will do the job. Keep in mind though that it's about 30oz unloaded. Add the weight of 14 rounds of 9mm and that goes up. For fuck's sake, the iron slab that is the Ruger GP100 revolver is 40oz, and the comparative S&W 686p is 36oz. When fully loaded,the 686 is actually fairly close in weight considering its only loading 6 rounds of 357 in addition to the gun.

Whether these things matter to you or not is a great question. Tough to answer if you haven't EDC'd before, because having a 3+ lb metal brick in the back of your pants is a different experience than having a 2 lb subcompact tucked away in a pocket. It comes down to personal preference.

All in all if you're not worried about the finish of the gun and you want to use it as a beater, I think it will serve as a beater. There is a semi-decent source of US-based factory parts available for it, which is more than can be said for other guns. There are people out there who are experts on them - again, more than can be said for certain other guns. You WILL have to find, source, and pay for this though.
>>
>>28905786
You're the most useful anon I think I've met. Thanks a bunch.

We differ in that I wouldn't mind it being an everyday holster whore. I form more of a bond with things that are with me through everything. If a glock saved my life one day, I'd feel I owe it more loyalty than my CZ, despite the cz love. Cause at that point, we're partners :'^)
>>
>>28905873
I can't help but feel as if that might make me a lunatic.. it feels so natural though.

Regardless, I really appreciate your contribution
>>
>>28905723
Czc is not owned by CZ. Although Angus had some measure of promotion from CZ, the two are separate entities, which is why idpa doesn't allow the accushadow.

CZ makes a good product for the most part. Their early polymers had issues with the frames expanding around the front rail insert. Their Omega triggers aren't as well reviewed as the traditional ones for feel once modified, but that's all subjective anyway. Got used to sling shotting it differently and the small slide height by angling my hand more, which transfers over to work with the 92 not having much meat to grab as well.
They use shit tier roll pins in the slide but Cajun Gun Works sells solid replacements.

Only time I saw a problem was when I saw a new short gripping about a half inch below the beaver tail with a weak grip, caused two stovepipes out of a hundred round on a p07 iirc.

Slide stops and trigger return springs seem to be the weak point of the design but mine have never broken either. Running several thousand rounds per year and replacing once a year, doing general preventative maintenance.
>>
>>28905962
Also problems can be getting holsters and the finish on a lot of their guns isn't quite as good as other makers.

There are like eighty bajillion clones out who use different size parts in the same configuration, like Canik, Tanfoglio, IMI, and that Swiss company already mentioned, Sphinx. The older sphinxes, for what it's worth, are built far differently from the new stuff like the sdp
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4912x2760px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4912x2760px
>>28905631
They make a subcompact but I wouldn't say it's p01 sized
>>
>>28903251
How lefty friendly are these?
>>
>>28903251

CZ decockers have really nice out of box triggers and CGW/CZ Custom make kits for them, but I think my next handgun is going to be a 75 compact (w/safety) so I can have a stupid light SAO flat trigger. Unfortunately I don't think CZ makes an aluminum frame compact with a safety. For CC you might want to also look at the PCR. It's something like 3 ounces heavier than a G19.
>>
File: d9287sj2989.jpg (91KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
d9287sj2989.jpg
91KB, 1334x1000px
>>28906845
CZ just came out with the P-01 Omega which allows you to swap a decocker for safety and make everything ambi.

Also, has anyone here had the defensive package from CGW done to their pistol? Just wondering how much you liked it.
>>
>>28903251
Does it come in 45 OP?
>>
>>28907220
CZ 97 is what you're looking for
>>
File: CZ1.jpg (56KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
CZ1.jpg
56KB, 800x533px
CZ is Eastern Euroshit, but it's good Euroshit, as long as you stick to the 9mm models.

Terrible CCW, too fucking fat to hide comfortably for most people, but you can do it.

The p-01 has been through some serious testing, and is GTG. Should eat anything, even with abuse and neglect.

The only thing that sucks is the stock DA trigger. SA isn't bad though.
>>
>>28906732
The new omega po1s look like they'll have ambi decockers. Otherwise about the same as most other modern pistols.

>cz85 not included obviously.
>>
>>28907454
Then why is OP wasting our time on an inferior caliber? Faggot.
>>
>>28907809
U be trollin
>>
>>28903251
The P-01 is NATO certified. Go to the web page below to read the requirements the P-01 passed to get NATO certification. Remember: the P-01 performs better than the NATO requirements in the page below.

http://cz-usa.com/press-release/cz-p-01-gets-nato-approval-the-next-generation-of-perfect-pistols/
>>
>>28907818
Nope, not even. Tired of special snowflake calibers being shilled by nogun fags who not only don't own them they have not even so much as been in the same airspace of them. Go to arfcom with this shit already.
>>
File: SAY UNCLE EUROFAGS.jpg (99KB, 311x499px) Image search: [Google]
SAY UNCLE EUROFAGS.jpg
99KB, 311x499px
>>28907899
FFS will you Euro fags take your UN and NATO weak ass propaganda and GET OUT?
>>
>>28905631
The SDP is about the size of a P01. It's a lot more expensive, but it's like comparing a RIA 1911 to a Wilson Combat
>>
>>28903251
How about the CZ p07 anyone have this weapon? I'm thinking of either getting that or a sig sp2022
>>
>>28907931
Op here, you seem a bit toasty over my caliber of preference.... Maybe your philosophy on handgun usage differs from mine. But the way I figure it, I'll only ever need to use a ccw to work my way to a shotgun/rifle. That's assuming I'll ever need to use it. So the more bullets I can conceal to get me to my truck, the better.

Bonus points towards less mags required, less bulk to conceal, and greater overall ease of use. If I need more than 15rds of 9mm to get me to a safe point, I'm probably fucked anyways, but just incase, there's the concept of a spare mag. I fail to see the error in my ways.

Anyways, back to the topic. Is the p01 omega a limited edition or can I expect to see it on shelves still in a couple months time?
>>
>>28903251
>Euroshit
But nearly all guns from europe are quality.
>>
>>28908415
First, for capacity. There is no shortage of .45s that hold 14 or15 rounds in the mag. I know of more than a few tiny handed manlets who can control those double stack .45.
Second your scenario about fighting your way to a rifle shotgun is ridiculous. That would mean you're in a sustained firefight with your opposition returning fire from cover or some shit.

Both of these arguments tells me your underageB& or stuck in a CoD frame of mind. Unless you live in some kebab shithole and not in the civilized world you will never have to fight your way to a rifle to continue your self defense fantasy.
I will reaffirm my initial post. Anons who post about these inferior special snowflake calibers have zero real life experience with actual firearms.
>>
>>28904520
Nice pic. I like those grips too.
>>
>>28907220
>>28907454
I hope you don't have small hands, the CZ97 grip is fuck huge front to back.
>>
>>28909268
>I hope you don't have small hands
Why would I be asking about it being chambered in a grown up caliber if I was a little itty bitty manlet?
>>
Hard to find right now I finally found one in North Carolina. Having them transfer it.
>>
>>28908170
have several thousand rounds through mine. It's a first gen, so it has the warping around the front rail inserts. What do you want to know?
>>
>>28907931
... 9mm luger is not a special snowflake caliber, lurk more/
>>
>>28903251
I have one and like it a lot. My one complaint is that the trigger reach is slightly long for me. I picked up some vz grips which helped that. they are a bit slimmer than the factory grips.
>>
File: czfan.jpg (27KB, 693x516px) Image search: [Google]
czfan.jpg
27KB, 693x516px
>>28908143
What the fuck is an FFS, faggot?

See my pic? I'm a CZ fan, and do you see what is after the dash in CZ in my pic? It's a U and an S and an A, asshole.

Eat shit and live, then fuck off and die, mother fucker.
>>
File: 1455199305971.gif (208KB, 269x199px) Image search: [Google]
1455199305971.gif
208KB, 269x199px
>>28909167
It's meant to be ridiculous, to think of any scenario where muh stopping power is necessary. Where a 9mm wouldn't be suitable enough.

Never said there aren't any decent capacity ".45 OP's" simply that jamming the same amount of rounds into the mag calls for a bigger frame, thus making the .45 an inferior cartridge for cc, in my opinion. Doesn't offer anything worth the inconveniences. I really tried to like you bubba, But you're so damn insufferable. There's a difference between not owning a ccw pistol and being noguns, haven't been nouns for almost a decade now, just never saw a need to carry until recently. Not because of the developed defense fantasies you're on about. Just that the dindus aren't even bothering to act innocent anymore.
>>
File: 20150226_114111.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20150226_114111.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>28908162
I wouldn't go that far. The sphinx is just a little nicer. But unless you really like the look of the sphinx it isn't worth the extra cash.

Sometimes I wish I would have gotten a p01 with a Cajun gun works trigger.
>>
They're top of my want list.

I just replied to an identical thread. They're great guns. You should get one, as they're harder to find than 75b's or sp-01s

They fit my hands better than the full sized, too
>>
>>28903564
P-01 and sp-01 models are considered the modern "improved" 75

If you like steel, get the p or sp 01. Polymer, get a p07 or p09. Those are the compact and full-sized of each, respectively. Get the one that fits your hand; either one is soft-shooting, long barreled, and hi-capacity, so they'd be fine "duty" weapons.

I do think the p09 and sp-01 are 18-20 round magazines standard, though. I forget. That's better than most guns out there for that size.
>>
>>28913525
>If you like steel, get the p or sp 01.

That is only partially correct. The SP-01 models have a steel frame, but the P-01 has an aluminum alloy frame.
>>
File: OZv9GtR.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
OZv9GtR.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
I kinda want this, am I crazy?
>>
>>28903251
I owned one and it was a decent handgun but actually pretty mediocre in many respects. You can do better for the same price. Grip ergonomics are amazing, everything else is pretty meh.

>>28903323
There's no such thing as NATO testing for handguns. The only reason people believe that is because they didn't actually read the article that explains that the testing was for a Czech police agency and the NSN was completely unrelated.

>>28907899
This is the article that everyone likes to share but never actually read.

>the Czech National police has required that they go even further, the testing regiment for this new pistol was the most demanding anyone has ever encountered.

NATO didn't test anything. The NSN is just a stock number. It doesn't mean anything special.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.