[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multitools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 28

File: 91zQbhOWKbL._SL1500_.jpg (240KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
91zQbhOWKbL._SL1500_.jpg
240KB, 1500x1000px
What kind of multitool do you like to use /k/?

Would it be redundant to carry both a folding knife and a multitool with a knife?

Do you like to have a knife with serrations on half the blade, or a fully plain edge? Would having serrations really ever get in the way where having them on a knife would be a determent to the function?
>>
File: sog_powerduo-black.jpg (193KB, 1000x1897px) Image search: [Google]
sog_powerduo-black.jpg
193KB, 1000x1897px
been thinking about getting a sog power duo. It doesn't have much to it. but it has a cool handle? thingy. anyone have one? also what are some good multi's for around $50
>>
File: Skeletool_Detail.jpg (46KB, 530x456px) Image search: [Google]
Skeletool_Detail.jpg
46KB, 530x456px
>>28899864
The Skeletool by Leatherman is about $50.

You can also go with like $10-30 more and get the Skeletool CX, which has carbon fiber parts, a scratch resistant coating, and the blade is made out of harder steel. Though it's not half serrated like the regular Skeletool is. The CX model's blade can be seen in the OP pic.
>>
File: skeletool-blade.jpg (325KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
skeletool-blade.jpg
325KB, 2400x1600px
This is the normal Skeletool's blade.
>>
File: 20160211_005218.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_005218.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I like the general usefulness and traditional appeal of the SAK. I love Leathermans, but nine of them have this many tools.
>>
>>28899995
None of them....fuck I hate auto correct sometimes
>>
File: swiss card.jpg (125KB, 1500x899px) Image search: [Google]
swiss card.jpg
125KB, 1500x899px
>>28899995
What all is on that thing? Does it come with the leather case?
Also how many tools do you actually need?

I carry pic related in my wallet at all times, even when I'm carrying another multitool, just because it's so convenient.
>>
File: giant-swiss-army-knife-6181[1].jpg (64KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
giant-swiss-army-knife-6181[1].jpg
64KB, 640x533px
>>28899995
>Skeletool
the problem with shit like that is you don't use half the tool, and the bulk makes them difficult to use well.
>>
>>28900151
not the skeletool. I don't know why I quoted that.
>>
File: 3d47760cb725cf1e33d714d07b3a71bd.jpg (487KB, 1536x1148px) Image search: [Google]
3d47760cb725cf1e33d714d07b3a71bd.jpg
487KB, 1536x1148px
Been looking at the different type of leathermen, and wondering if I should get a MUT, a Signal or a Skeletool CX, and I'm thinking I might just say fuck it, and get all three.

Keep the MUT on my chest rig since it comes with a MOLLE sheath and has the firearm specific parts, keep the Signal with my camping gear, and have the Skeletool for EDC.
>>
>>28899821
swisstool
>1 plain edge blade
>1 full serrated blade
i don't mind serrations like other anons poop about them cuz they aren't capable to sharpen them
>>
>>28902080
What are serrated blades good for? And how are they not sharpenable? If you can sharpen a saw I don't see why a knife can't be.
>>
>>28903331
they're better for cutting rope and shit, and work better when dull. go cut a loaf of bread with a chef knife, then again with a bread knife.
>>
I carry a plain edged CRKT or my SOG as my edc
>>
>>28899821
leatherman-17 tool and standard swiss army knife. that is all you will ever need.
>>
File: image.jpg (236KB, 708x847px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236KB, 708x847px
>>28903559
>cutting bread with multi-tool serrated blade
>>
File: DSCF0384.jpg (636KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0384.jpg
636KB, 1600x1200px
I really like my Signal.
>>
>>28899821
I have a skeletool. I work in a hospital doing xrays, and wear scrubs all day, so I need something pretty lightweight. I also carry a little CRKT Pazoda because it's easier to keep sharp than the half-serrated blade on the skeletool. I mostly use a knife blade for opening cardboard boxes central supply brings us, and the skeletool pliers and screwdriver come in handy for random tasks a couple times a month. And both are small enough to avoid the "OMG, why do you have A KNIFE??" factor from some people, plus for some reason those people don't seem to mind knives that are part of multitools, but would freak out if it was a spyderco or something...
>>
>>28903684
>OMG, why do you have A KNIFE??
People do this?

Back when I was in high school nobody would bat an eye if a student pulled out a pocket knife to cut on something, in the damn school.
>>
>>28903739
not everyone lives in shitfuckville, north carolina. in populated shitholes like new york or california you would probably get pinned to the ground by security if you took a tiny swiss army knife out.
>>
File: Leatherman OHT Camo.jpg (148KB, 828x960px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherman OHT Camo.jpg
148KB, 828x960px
>>28899821
>Would it be redundant to carry both a folding knife and a multitool with a knife?

Personally I don't think so. The knife is for all knife applications, including defensive. The knife on a multitool? I don't really consider that weapon-capable.

Also pic related, I got this fucker last weekend for half off. I like it.
>>
>>28903597
How does the signal compare to the wave weight-wise? Love the wave but need a lighter alternative.
>>
File: IMG_20160213_095232677.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160213_095232677.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I use this one when going fishing or hitting the countryside with friends because it is really useful.

It was a gift from my dad. Blade came already sharp as fuck and the saw is miles better than I expected.
>>
>>28903739
>People do this?
Nope. It's literally only on /k/ that people think it happens.

I live in Canada and whip out my multitool all the time to sharpen my pencil (it's a drafting pencil but without a sharpener on the end) and no one gives me shit. Most people don't carry knives, but it seems like just a thing people don't really need/think to bring rather than OMG NIFE IS SCARY ;A;

That said, I think it'd be redundant to have both a multitool and folding knife. Folding knives are pure edginess; I can't think of the last time I actually used the blade on my multitool for anything outside my house. I might have used it sometime this week to slice paper, that's about it.

What comes up are always the saw, pliers and awl/can opener. I think I use sewing kit stuff more often outdoors than I use my multitool, let alone the knife specifically.

If you're thinking of using it defensively, it'll take you longer to open the knife that it will for someone with an already open knife to stab you.
>>
>>28904227
Maybe it has to do with your country.

I live in Spain and it actually happens. Pull out a folding knife and everyone will label you as a mugger or low life scum, maybe thanks to gypsies robbing people were I live, but that shit don't happen much anymore.

I'm talking about carry a knife on a regular day, if you pull out a SAK at work no one will freak.
>>
>>28903559
>go cut a loaf of bread with a chef knife, then again with a bread knife.
The chef knife is actually better. A properly sharpened knife will go through even the softest bread like nothing, and cut it cleaner than a serrated knife. You just still have to use a slicing motion.

Serrated knives are just easier to maintain since you basically don't have to maintain them for them to work. But a razor sharp kitchen knife will work so much better than a newish serrated bread knife.
>>
>>28904246
I carry my multitool everywhere I go and break out the saw constantly because it has a file on it for sharpening my drafting pencil, and I've not so much as been told to leave by a bar bouncer.

Obviously if you walk around with some full-tang survival/combat knife for no reason, people are gonna raise eyebrows and maybe even call the cops because who the fuck do you think you are, john rambo???
>>
>>28899955
damn, i wish there was a compromise. i really think that some serrations are ideal, i imagine most shit i'd ever cut with the knife would be helped by serrations
>>
>>28904281
most multitools include both a saw and a knife
>>
>>28904281
Only thing I can think of that would better cut by a serrated edge would be rope.
>>
>>28904150
The wave is heavier.
>>
I don't use a multitool, they are usually not worth the weight or the bulk
>>
>>28904299

not the leatherman cx in OP's comment, i'd really like a minimalistic carbon fiber multitool with either serrations or a saw, it ticks all my boxes except for that one
>>
>>28904304
>weight or bulk
My multitool weighs less than my phone and takes up the space of two ballpoint pens.
>>
>>28904304
>they are usually not worth the weight or the bulk
why say stupid things?
>>
>>28904301

yeah, but i'd think that rope is also the most common thing you'd ever cut
>>
>>28904310
Also,
>ripped out half the tools on my multitool because it was just 3 flathead screwdrivers and an awl when I can use a dime as a screwdriver and have a pointed bottle opener on the same tool that is an actually better awl
>shuffled the remaining tools so they're all pinned to one handle, leaving the other empty

>a ballpoint pen comfortably fits into the handle of my now empty multitool handle

>>28904320
2bh most lines you'd encounter as a normal person would be thin enough that one good slash with a normal knife would sever it with an unsafe level of ease

and if you're a sailor, you should have a proper deck/diver's/seamanship knife for heavier lines
>>
File: Victorinox masterrace.jpg (325KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
Victorinox masterrace.jpg
325KB, 1368x912px
>>28899821
Victorinox workchamp. it has a full sized metal file, full sized double tooth saw, locking 3" knife, and a pair of pliers along with 2 flathead and 2 phillips head screwdrivers.
>>
>>28904301
The only time I actually found the serrated edge better than the regular blade was when I had to do a clean cut of some wooden piece.
>>
File: sca.jpg (8KB, 220x124px) Image search: [Google]
sca.jpg
8KB, 220x124px
>>28899821
Nothing beats $16 bucks when your looking for a couple of jack stands.

Also, a $3 mini Stanly knife

> Select images with trees, only selected 2/3 pictures with trees
>>
File: 81iq2FZKY4L._SL1500_.jpg (138KB, 1125x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81iq2FZKY4L._SL1500_.jpg
138KB, 1125x1500px
I've been carrying a Supertool 300 lately instead of a smaller multitool and a folder. It's definitely heavy, but after a few days I stopped really noticing it.
>>
>>28904346
>i've been carrying around a multitool instead of a multitool

Why are americans such brand-whoring shits?
>>
>>28904329
why not just buy a multitool with tools you use?
>>
>>28904331
victorninox one handed trekker

aka german field knife I think?

whatever got it cause of K. best knife I've owned.
>>
>>28904360
Generally, I find theirs not much you cant do with a normal folding knife, fingernail and a pen.

Multi-tools are bulky, heavy and you would be better off having a folding knife and a compact pair of pliers
>>
>>28904360
>why not just buy a multitool with tools you use?
I got my multitool from a friend who found it in a car park or something.

It has the tools I used, I just ripped the ones I don't use out, figuring I'd replace one of the handles' tools with a flashlight or something. I just haven't gotten around to it. It's not like I'm missing any tools I'd ever like to have on my person.

>>28904378
>Multi-tools are bulky, heavy
Maybe if you're a slovenly american who insists on having a 10 foot wide swiss army knife with 52 different wrenches on it.

>a folding knife and a compact pair of pliers
A multitool is literally a compact pair of pliers except one of the handles has a folding knife in it and maybe a file or saw or screwdriver or something in the other handle.
>>
>>28904329

fine im convinced. there goes $65. fuck you anon
>>
>>28904422
>$65
you can get one at Dollarama for like five dollars, maybe three. just sharpen the knife blade on a whetstone and there you go, it's not like the phillips head or saw have to be particularly sharp or robust

fucking americans i sware yr all the worst at shopping ffs
>>
>>28904378
>Multi-tools are bulky, heavy and you would be better off having a folding knife and a compact pair of pliers
do you intentionally stay the dumbest thing that comes to mind?
>>
>>28904426

>you can get one at Dollarama for like five dollars, maybe three

a carbon fiber multitool? what, does the government subsidize those where you live?
>>
>>28904371
nioce

I usually carry the sentinel above for edc, but the workchamp fits into a pocket or jacket easy as fuck. Having a scalpel sharp blade and several other real tools really btfo's multitools.
>>
>>28904442
>a carbon fiber multitool?
it says that on the package but like
>"Carbon" "Fibre(tm)" Multiple Tool Plier Set
so i question its validity but it's been robust enough to survive so far and there's nothing some duct tape, cheap solder, scrap metal, and a pressurized lighter won't fix
>>
>>28904443
well work in the oil fields. we couldnt have knives on us. not even box cutters.

hence "its a multi tool"

fuck pliers anyways.
>>
>>28904457
> and there's nothing some duct tape, cheap solder, scrap metal, and a pressurized lighter won't fix

eh, i spend money so i don't have to spend effort. there's plenty of shit in my life that i need to be working on, i'd rather not just add "projects"

besides, a multitool isn't going to fall apart in your pocket, it's gonna fall apart when you're depending on it
>>
>>28904487
>it's gonna fall apart when you're depending on it
well, mine has not, and it wasn't sixty five dollars

>>28904443
>he hasn't sharpened his multitool blade so it can be used as a scalpel-like boxcuttery tool and not just a dull slashing knife for cutting decaying paracord only after like five strikes
r u gay
>>
>>28904405
Ive got a >>28904343 branded tool, pretty average in size, about a cm thick and 2.5" long.

Weights about 3 times that of my Linder folding knife (about 2 1/4" blade)

Infact, I can hold two knifes of the same weight, one pair of electrical pliers and my phone and its still lighter.

Now, the main thing with weight is the distribution along the seams of a pocket, in tight fitting girly jeans, it dosnt really matter. But im not a faggot.

In loose fit shirts, normal peoples pants etc.. having something heavy is a fuck off heavy pendulum when you doing anything other than jerking one off
>>
>>28904511
>I don't know how to dress myself and think that a 2 gram multitool is "heavy"

americans are trash, truely
>>
>>28904434
A Multi-tool generally has a couple of blades/saws, screw drivers, flat head things, bottle openers.
>>
>>28904457
>there's nothing some duct tape, cheap solder, scrap metal, and a pressurized lighter won't fix
ichiban moto is that you?
>>
>>28904507
>implying your multitool blade can get as sharp as victorinox masterrace steel.
>>
>>28904518
really? I didn't know that.
>>
>>28904516
> didnt think SCA was anything outside of Australasia...

But, when you jumping up and down the sides of shit, abusing blacks, running up and down stairs. Having something heavy in your pocket isnt very nice.

And for the amount of use you get out of the screwdrivers, flat head things, bottle openers, saws. Its not really worth it..
>>
>>28904536
Yea, it makes it heavier, like allot.
>>
File: Alox Voyageur.jpg (73KB, 1024x553px) Image search: [Google]
Alox Voyageur.jpg
73KB, 1024x553px
All I motherfucking want and need is a Victorinox with aluminum scales, large blade and scissors.

And they don't fucking make it anymore.

I always see these bastards go for over $100.

SHIT!
>>
>>28904541
wear pants that fit and stop being such a limp-wristed pansy
>>
After carrying many multitools over the years, From the cheapest to the charge TTI, I have realised that the best balance of cost, form and function is the leatherman sidekick.
>>
>>28904546
they make versions without those things that are lighter. buy a multitool with tools you think you'll use. it's not that complicated.
>>
>>28904553
> Where did I say I didnt wear pants that fit, where does my wrists come into this? So many Questions!

its simple, would you rather lug around a hammer, set of screw drivers, crowbar, wirecutters for all situations

Or just a Hatchet, that you can use for all
>>
>>28904583
But can you still use lightened (or Skeletal) ones as hammers? Do they cost more than the noble folding knife?
>>
>>28904583
Or just remove the tools you don't think you need regularly. These things usually just do up with a couple of threaded pins.

Seriously
>americunts who buy tons of tools and don't even know how to modify or fix anything
literally worse than "preppers" who don't know how to cook or clean but insist they're gonna survive the apocalypse just because they have 5000 rounds of .223 in the basement and a couple of MREs in the attic.
>>
>>28904589
>> Where did I say I didnt wear pants that fit,
if your pockets are swinging around next to your body, your pants are WAY too loose

and if you consider a multitool too heavy to carry, a hatchet is some shit you probably can't even lift
>>
>>28904602
I'm not going to buy a more expensive tool that's more expensive because it has more tools just to rip them out. you're being retarded.
>>
>>28904356
He said which specific one it was to give an idea of what he's carrying as far as weight and size, not to shill leatherman. Why are the people of whatever cuck shithole you call home such stupid fucking faggots?
>>
>>28904595
why the fuck are you using your leatherman as a hammer? there are I think 3 multitools they make that do actually have hammers on them, but otherwise that's just fucking stupid.
>>
>>28904614
Mate, comparison between having a set of tools for 'x' jobs, and having one tool that can still do 'x' job.

If you pants are tight, then as soon as you walk through gorse or thistle your gonna get the shit pricked out of your legs.

Also, Generally,(conventional) trousers are only suppose to be in constant contact with your self at the waist.
>>
>>28904617
>more expensive
>more tools
what if a less expensive tool just has different tools from what you generally need, like extra screwdrivers, allen keys, etc.?
>>28904623
>people can exist here without endless shilling
>"cuck shithole"
lmao fucking americans

>>28904595
>using a multitool as a hammer
>using a fucking folding knife as a hammer
there are so many other objects you could use

you could probably just use a good kick in 90% of emergency situations where you need to "hammer" something back into place without a proper garage around you
>>
>>28904637
>then as soon as you walk through gorse or thistle your gonna get the shit pricked out of your legs.

>he wears cotton pajams through the woods instead of denim, heavy cotton, wool, or literally any other sort of pants
>he doesn't wear double pants when he's going into any kind of rough terrain or tough situation

jesus christ anon what the fuck
>>
>>28904642
they have multitools with basically any possible combination you could want, from as little as just a knife and pliers to 21 tools crammed onto a knife. I'm not going to start ripping tools out of my multitool to save 10 grams.
>>
>>28904642
>not a cuck shithole
Assuming the government of your country even allows you to have a gun, how many dicks to you have to suck to get one?
>>
>>28904651
>they have multitools with basically any possible combination you could want,
> I'm not going to start ripping tools out of my multitool to save 10 grams.
Exactly. Why not get the cheap one with more than you need than the expensive one with just what you think you might need and not a jot more other than some name brand that bumps up the price by like 55 bucks?
>>
>>28904665
>u-u dun even get 2 ahev a gun cuz ur cuck ;_;

lmao americans are so brittle
>>
>>28904673
I have literally no idea what you're talking about. are you just bitching that people buy leatherman branded multitools? go watch 127 hours.
>>
>>28904628
I use my Linder knife as a hammer, works well enough.

>>28904645
So, half way though a summer day, in like 99% humidity I just pull a second pair of trousers out of my ass and put them on when I go outside?

Mate, I dont like in pansy land.

Also:
> Wool
Yea, because im going to handwash stuff, whats this like the 40's?
>>
>>28904689
>I'm not a brandwhore! Go watch this commerical!
lmao
>>
>>28904693
>he stores his clothes in his ass instead of in a drawer
>he doesn't know how to care for wool garments

what is wrong with americans today
>>
File: snf01arm1-280_1218799a[1].jpg (24KB, 280x390px) Image search: [Google]
snf01arm1-280_1218799a[1].jpg
24KB, 280x390px
>>28904694
this is a lot of dedication to brandwhoring. guy ripped off his own arm just to say chinese leatherman clones are shit?
>>
>>28904710
ye
>>
>>28904701
Mate, Ive said I have a SCA branded tool, as far as I know, SCA does not operate in the United States...

And you just silly with the double pants, I mean, really? what are you suppose to do? walk around with second pair of pants over your shoulder just in case you have to do something? Rush home during a working day to pick up a second pair?
>>
>>28904680
Yeah, you let your government shit all over your rights. You gave up your right to adequately defend yourself, your family, your country and your freedom, all because you're a scared little faggot. You can't handle the responsibility so you foolishly and cowardly put your trust in the hands of the government.
>>
>>28904727
https://www.google.ca/search?q=long+underwear&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjzvouBxPTKAhWHPB4KHdvlCIIQ_AUIBygB&biw=1280&bih=878

also i'm trollin' with the whole lol american brandwhoring schtick but seriously consider buying some pants made of something a little more robust if you're getting thorns through them all the time. that should not happen. same for your pockets jostling around, it sounds like you're wearing pants a couple inches too wide in the waist for you.
>>
>>28904744
>it's possible to find cheap off-brand multitools that perform like expensive brand-names ones
>U-UR A GUBMENT KEK + U XXPECT DA QUEEN 2 SERVE UR NEEDS LIKE BABBY

lmao americans are so fucking brittle
>>
>>28904767
you're such a good troll. lol :)
>>
>>28904757
Its hot enough as it is with one set of trouser type garment.

And with the pockets, its mainly due to deep pockets on everything, else what I do as a day job would have all my pocket shit falling out everywhere.

> inb4 Fastened pockets
would rather not fumble with a button / rip zippers off 10 times a day
>>
>>28904788
>Its hot enough as it is with one set of trouser type garment.
with long underwear, it shouldn't be significantly hotter. In fact, it should insulate you better from the heat and keep you cool in hot weather. It's why saudis wear those long robes, they cover everything but it keeps the cool air in.

>its mainly due to deep pockets on everything,
still, it sounds like you're wearing 34 or 36 inch pants when you should have 30 or 32 inch. Especially if there's anything heavy or bulky in your pockets, they should stay mostly in the same place.
>>
>>28904820
>it should insulate you better from the heat and keep you cool in hot weather.
what in the fuck am I reading?
saudis wear long robes to keep the sun directly off their skin. they don't wear multiple layers of long robes, because that would be idiotic.
>>
>>28904767
You can't even dispute what I say, you parrot stupid insults. Brittle? The fuck is that supposed to mean? You have to go and trash talk America on the internet because you can't admit to your crooked toothed self that you envy it. You're angry about what has happened to your country, and rightfully so, but there is nothing you can do. You shove it deep down, because over there people who think like you are shamed. You try to blend in, pretending like you don't need your rights and you don't need guns, but the fact you're here on /k/ shows that you know it's bullshit. You wish you had what America had, but you know that you're not getting it, so you go and insult it, to give yourself a sense of false superiority. Enjoy your tyrannical foggy rock you miserable faggot.
>>
>>28904820
Nah, I normally ware a 36" when I should be wearing a 35" (or, a 34 1/2")
But, of course, when was the last time you saw something in a 35" ?
>>
>>28904834
>they don't wear multiple layers of long robes,
have you ever worn any of that shit? It's folded in a way that makes it layer.

Same for a keffeyigh. It's folded over more times than the typical long rectangular western scarf, and insulates way better for it. Hot --OR-- cold.

Actual army combat pants intended for use in hot and/or humid environments tend to be double-layered as well for the same reason.

Closer-fitting clothes will also wick away sweat, and with it, heat.

>>28904835
>americans will always be this easy to upset
lmao
>>
>>28904874
>lel i made u mad by saying something retarded
>i can't counter it in any way so i'll just say that I was acting retarded for the sole purpose of pissing you off
>>
>>28904885
>gets told he can get a multitool for cheap and doesn't have to go for branded bullshit
>flies off the handle

Americans.
>>
>>28904885
Look, I'm sorry.

Can we just be friends now?
>>
>>28899821
>tactical holes
letrashman.jpg
>>
>>28904890
>I've been carrying around a multitool instead of a multitool
>Why are americans such brand-whoring shits?

>gets told he can get a multitool for cheap and doesn't have to go for branded bullshit
>flies off the handle

Yeah that's not at all what happened. You're acting all superior and retarded for no reason whatsoever. Stop being a retarded european and needlessly flinging your shit at America out of jealousy at every single opportunity.
>>
holy FUCK americans are brittle. goddamn
>>
americans are SOOOO BTFO holy SHIT
>>
frail ass americans brandwhoring
>>
File: 1450207001290s.jpg (3KB, 122x124px) Image search: [Google]
1450207001290s.jpg
3KB, 122x124px
>>28904969
>>28905009
>>28905019
Samefagging this hard
>>
>>28905025
B R I T T L E
R
I
T
T
L
E
>>
>>28905025
lol amerifat buttican blow the FUCKING FUCK BTFO!
>>
>>28905034
>>28905048
Don't you have some refugee dick to suck or something?
>>
File: 20160123_001231.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160123_001231.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>28900038
It doesn't come with the sheath. I've used every tool on it except for the wire crimper/stripper, fish descaler and ruler. Just today, I used the pliers, file and corkscrew. I would've used the blades too if I didn't additionally carry a dedicated knife.

>>28900151
I agree, which is why I got the one I did (the bulk isn't an issue with it; on the contrary, it gives me something substantial to grab onto) and not the ridiculous XAVT model.
>>
>>28904227
I've had someone do that to me once before and I live in Texas...she was a moron from california though.
>>
>>28899821
Leatherman wave master race reporting in.
>>
File: DSC_0051.jpg (316KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0051.jpg
316KB, 1600x1200px
>>28904551
>the only non-pleb in this thread
Based anon. I fucking want the Bushcrafter but I also can't justify paying +$80 for it. Since they're collector's piece people overpay way too much for them.

I don't know why the faggots at Victorinox don't mass produce them, the would sell like hot bread.
>>
>>28899821
Gerber suspension. Only because I got it to $10.
>>
>>28899821
I have 2 Swiss army knives and have been looking for a decent multitool for on-the-go bicycle maintenance for a while now. Most Leathermans are pretty expensive here.
>>
>>28899821

Serrations or not serrations depends on what you want to use the knife for. A lot of cutting rope or cordage, or as a "rescue" tool (if you are some sort of first responder maybe) then serrations are good.

However, if you ever plan on using your blade for wilderness tasks, such as fore building or bushcraft (making tent pegs, making notches for trapping, etc.) Then you want a full plain edge.

Personally, when I go innawoodz I bring my leatherman wave with me. It has a full plain edge knife and a fully serrated rescue style knife on it. Best of both worlds, no compromise.

Personally, I would go with full plain edge over serrated unless cutting things like ropes or those plastic straps that hold boxes shut is a part of your daily life.
>>
>>28904551
they ones exactly like that, but slightly smaller
>>
File: 3. Forest.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
3. Forest.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
Anyone have experience witg the charge tti?
>>
>>28905824
With*
>>
>>28905824
I was going to buy one but couldn't justify the price. wound up getting the swiss tool instead.
>>
>>28904602
You ass, I keep my MREs in the basement and my ammo in the attic!
>>
File: t2IQ6DT.jpg (136KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
t2IQ6DT.jpg
136KB, 700x467px
>>28904551
>>28905446

SAK lovers deserve some porn too
>>
>>28904356
Why are europoors such cucked, 'refugee'-welcoming shits?
>>
>>28907497
I thought all the metal ones used rivets?
I have a Pioneer somewhere in the mail, and I wouldn't mind doing that but it has rivets
>>
File: OVDRA.jpg (103KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
OVDRA.jpg
103KB, 900x900px
Picked up pic related recently, I love it to bits. One of the few knives to actually get serration placement correct, putting the straight edge near the handle where it's easier to apply more pressure for push-cutting and the serrations near the end for grip.

As a bonus the liner lock seems to be made for left-handed use which suits me.
>>
>>28900304
I'd say get a Skeletool for EDC, and a MUT with your tactical gear, then take both camping anyway.

The signal is like a midway point between the Skeletool CX and the MUT, the only real functionality the Signal offers over the MUT is an awl and a can opener, plus the ferrocerium rod, whistle and sharpener, but I hear those leave a lot to be desired and you're better off getting a separate one of those than having them on your multitool.

For a midpoint between them I'm just get a Surge or a Wave, personally I like the Surge, because it's scissors are easily accessible without opening the the tool up. Though i do believe with the Surge you have to choose file or saw, can't have both, but when would you really use a file? Just carry a nice sharpening kit for that.
Keep it like in your car glove box or something, and also take it camping.
>>
>>28908231

The file makes a really good metal saw, depending on your field it's definitely worth having the ability to cut both wood AND metal.

I like the Wave configuration more, scissors are fine where they are and I don't see much use for an awl
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (353KB, 1600x1198px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
353KB, 1600x1198px
>>28907497
Too sexy for this world

>>28908163
that one is a aftermarket mod
>>
File: KN415-700x700.jpg (162KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
KN415-700x700.jpg
162KB, 700x700px
Mole grips always remind me of my Dad he uses them a little for a little too much perhaps so I got him one of these for christmas a few years back and had it engraved.

He's not a knife guy so it was pretty perfect. I hope he uses it but to be honest I doubt it. I had to have it engraved to make sure I didn't keep it myself the action is so satisfying.
>>
>>28908262
yea I guessed that
I take it the hex screws are aftermarket too?
>>
File: Leatherman-Skeletool-RX[1].jpg (60KB, 980x600px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherman-Skeletool-RX[1].jpg
60KB, 980x600px
right now I EDC a Leatherman Squirt PS4 on my keychain and a ZT Sinkevich for my main knife.

currently waiting on pic related to be released so it can prob replace my Squirt - fully serrated 154CM blade, tungsten carbide glass breaker, plus all the other tools a Skeletool comes with

only complaint about the Squirt PS4 is that the bottle opener is a little small - functional, but not as good as the Skeletool/Style's carabiner bottle opener. otherwise, it's a great little tool to keep on your keychain
>>
>>28908406
Think they'll sell the carbide glassbreaker as a large bit driver piece separately sometime later? I don't want to buy a whole new tool just for that.
>>
I still have my old Leatherman Core somewhere. I used it a lot doing ground works and construction and stuff.

The things you can get from soil contamination and the like will fuck you up pretty badly, so I'd use/carry something else for most other tasks just because im my experience they're hard-ish to clean completely. Especially when you get soil or concrete or tar ground in at the pivot points where the blade folds in and out.

The Core is starting to get really loose on me and it's put up with a lot of hard use (and some dumbass abuse), so it might be time to replace it with a full-size SuperTool. I don't even know what generation they're on now.
>>
File: 20160213_203142.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20160213_203142.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>28899821
>Having to choose between serrations and plain edge
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.