[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Journalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12

What is /k/'s opinion on war journalism? I'm studying journalism and I'm really interested in conflicts, and have been following a few people who are usually in the middle of these fights, like Simon Ostrovsky or Sandor Jaszberenyi. Anyone here who has experience in war, met or have been around these journalists? How did you guys feel about them? Maybe someone who is doing war journalism here?
>>
>>28867954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ah-r4OvlTY&ab_channel=24.hu
>>
>>28867954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGRJN4Radk&ab_channel=VICENews
>>
>>28867954
It's a great way to get decapitated or to become a prisoner in a foreign country
>>
Its pretty damn important imo
>>
>>28867968
Sure, it comes with that, I don't think that should stop people to gather info and spread it

>>28867970
I think it's important too. But idk who easy it is to put out fraudulent shit on media... I mean some journalists claim that they are in the middle of the zone, yet they are like fuck away from it, like Tvrtko Vuity did it back then in the Yugoslav war... All in all I am really interested in this.
>>
>tfw no more Ukraine war

Shit was crazy.
>>
>>28868025
yea... Those were some pretty exciting days... watching Vice news day to day about what is going on there... Simon really made me think hard about being a war journalist. He seems badass.
>>
File: 1393156311352.jpg (93KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1393156311352.jpg
93KB, 858x536px
>>28868025
>>28868073
I stayed up so late every night just watching all the various feeds.

CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK
>>
Just don't be a faggot progressive liberal and actually report on the war.
>>
>>28868091
>faggot progressive liberal
...but you repeat yourself
>>
>>28868100
Redundancy is needed at times.
>>
File: whyfuckinglive.jpg (237KB, 905x555px) Image search: [Google]
whyfuckinglive.jpg
237KB, 905x555px
>>28867954
>tfw Thompson is dead
>tfw gonzo died with him
>tfw there will never be a khat and opium soaked rambling about the nature of Northern African warfare and the quality of prostitutes
>>
>>28868187
dude... Jászberényi is gonzo.
>>
>>28868221
Welp, time to get fucking cracking on that.
>>
>>28868073
Simon standing up to "Little Green Men" during Sebastopols occupation was pretty impressive. He´s got some serious balls.
>>
>>28868187
>
you fucking goddamned better wait a few years until i get my shit together
>>
>>28867954
A lot of the time they just film people running around behind the front line then show corpses which is boring as fuck.

Ross kemp in afghanistan 2 was a good one where he was in the thick of it though.
>>
Anyone has an idea how you can be one? Get a job as a war journalist?
>>
>>28868345
The times killed gonzo, m8. Hell, the fact it became a thing at all was in part becasue of a fuckup at ESPN and they are making damn sure it doesn't happen again.

Getting shotup on drugs and shaky cam filming for your blog is a dime a dozen but a journo needs to have people read his shit for it to become a movement.
>>
>>28868403
Get a youtube channel/blog start filming and talking to people.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHpAjUPco0
>>
>>28868463
that's pretty vague... and sounds unprofessional
>>
>>28868505
badass
>>
>>28868505
>journo-fag thinks American jets are only 500 feet up
>>
>>28867954
When I was deployed we avoided anyone we thought were journos like they were lepers. Outsiders in general in all honesty, think that is most units though. Journos are attention, and any close attention on you usually ends up bad. Even if they mean well, how they tell or share a story can end up screwing you over.

Michael Yon was still whoring himself around at the time, and our sister battalion unfortunately got stuck with him for a week. Seen a little bit of him, and guy was a self-centered ass.

At the same time we were hypocrites though, that journalistic coverage on the Iraq war was focused too macro, and scandalous (Casualties, Abu-Ghraib, etc).

TL;DR: Soldiers bitch, and don't like journalists.

Do believe the work you plan on going into is important though OP.
>>
>>28867966

Should have murdered that biased cunt.
>>
>>28868588
Thanks for sharing your story and opinion.
>>
>>28868505
how the fuck friendly fire can happen this way?
>>
>>28868670
Misinformation usually. Most friendly fire cases from any kind of support are usually bad info.
>>
>>28868670
>>28868505

>american jet

explains everything
>>
>>28868505
normaly don't care much for war footage
but that really pissed me off how the fuck does that happen
>>
My opinion is that reporters do not belong in the field with soldiers.

Troops have enough going on without babysitting some dumb fuck with a journalism degree who's probably going to paint them in a shitty light because that's what his liberal ass was taught in college.
>>
>>28867954
That HBO doc on James Foley that came out last week was pretty good.
>>
>>28869409

You don't remember the early Iraq War, do you?
>>
>>28868087
I wasn't around for those threads. What's with the CLANK?
>>
>>28867954
pretty cool. But you gotta build yourself up as a regular run of the mill journalist before people take you seriously. If not you just look like a war tourist.

Was seriously considering taking time off uni and using the connections of a friend (who is a journalist and did go to Iraqi Kurdistan) to go to Iraqi Kurdistan to do some journalism on the Kurds fight against ISIS. Then I remembered what I've written above and I wouldn't get to do what my friend did. Start writing reports on whatever you can get hired to write about so in the very least you got a track record.

Im gonna try to work for either Canada's NATO think tank or the Stimson center as an intern in order to build my record should I choose to go into journalism (and through that war journalism)
>>
>>28869409
>>28869571
First guy's not wrong.
At best the writer will do a sympathetic 'oh these poor, good but misguided and manipulated people are victims of war too' piece.
>>
>>28869678
wait, Vice is owned by Fox? Like Fox News, Fox?
>>
File: 1455055245787.jpg (849KB, 2500x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1455055245787.jpg
849KB, 2500x1744px
>>28869653
>>28869409
>>
>>28867954
Good, unbiased War Journalism is very important. Tells us what's really going on, and it serves as a way of letting people see what warfare is really like and how cruel it is, so we're not so disassociated with the concept of war that we're just needlessly sending young men and women to fucking die for no reason at every chance we get.
>>
>>28867954
>like Simon Ostrovsky

Kill yourself.
>>
>>28869886

Not owned, just majority owned.
And not by the Fox corporation, but the guy that owns the Fox corporation, Murdoch.
>>
>>28867954
who cares anymore

chink cameras are cheap as shit, any one can grab 1 and start recording. we get fresh video from the battlefields hours after shit goes down nowadays, and without having some libtard agenda spun into everything
>>
>>28869770
This. Where the hell were Ukraine's radicals. I guess Euromaidan was kind of a sham from the beginning as it was choosing between EU and Russia, but seriously. All these unrest and no radicals? Where were the anarchists? Shit.
>>
File: Internet loves Joe Hildebrand.png (13KB, 473x154px) Image search: [Google]
Internet loves Joe Hildebrand.png
13KB, 473x154px
>>28869678
>>28869886
>>28870133
Vice Media is not owned by Rupert Murdoch or Fox, they have a 5% stake, which is basically nothing for a company on the rise.

Even if it was, it doesn't mean anything, although his news media is mostly right-ish wing, Murdoch only plays out his own personal politics in a few big-name outlets.

As an example of his general non-interference, the Australian journalist Joe Hildebrand is (in the parlance of 4chan) one of the biggest lefty progressive libtard SJWs in Australian mainstream media, and he's employed by Murdoch's News Corp in the Daily Telegraph, which is basically the opposite.

Just look up his name in YouTube to get an idea of the guy, if you want.
>>
>>28870196
It's not about sides, its about a narrative that benefits them, if increased migration means a weaker currency and subsequent profits from it they would gladly pay for a 'liberal' message when they are outwardly 'conservative' conglomerate. Ideology doesn't work with people like that, only money does.
>>
File: 1452343617137.jpg (34KB, 323x475px) Image search: [Google]
1452343617137.jpg
34KB, 323x475px
>>28867954
that guy looks cherry as fuck.
>>
>>28867954
Journalists make modern wars nigh unwinnable for Western nations.
>>
>>28871143
Nigga interviewed Russian spooks during the Ukraine happening. He has bitch Jew face but also balls.
>>
>>28868087
>>28869633
Oh my god it was glorious, watching the feeds, reading the threads, the whole excitement surrounding it! Everyone felt it was going to lead to something important. There was some guy hitting a streetlamp or something with a piece of metal and you could constantly hear it it in all the streams, like 24/7. That's where the clank meme came from. Also, there were people claiming the Ukrainian government was sending tanks to clear the square, and that's where "tanks in 30 minutes" comes from.
>>
>>28871143
I'm pretty sure he was also held captive for couple days during his time in Ukraine.
>>
>>28871241
>He has bitch Jew face but also balls.
the nose knows!
>>
>>28871309
That too. And he came back.
>>
>>28871303
>tfw similar feels from watching Trump threads
>tfw it will never be as amazing as those slavs burn tires for a couple weeks
>tfw the only thing I can hope for is that it isn't as disappointing
>>
Literally everything we ever fucking talk about on /k/ comes here through some sort of journalism.
>>
>journalism majors

Just lie. Everyone will love how "worldly" and "well learned" you are at whatever obnoxious cocktail parties you attend.
>>
>>28870125
waaaaa cry vatnik
>>
VICE makes some of the best shit in the best places but god damn they're always there with a bias. Can we just have some objective observation instead of some hipster lib spin?
>>
>>28867954
Forget about fags from Vice like Simon Ostrovsky. Want war journalist? check out Taj Larsen *sp* dudes a Harvard grad and former Navy SEAL. Did a interesting piece on water boarding and Somali gun markets.
>>
File: laughingbros.jpg (83KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
laughingbros.jpg
83KB, 500x610px
>>28872882
>Vice
>not wanting hipster lib spin
lol sober up and pick one, anon. You don't get to have both.
>>
>>28872835
Brian was one of the best to watch and listen to tho, what happened to him was fucked up, losing his entire career because of some random story that he spiced up from years ago. I could understand if he lied about something major, but it was a fucking story that was not significant at all and whether or not it was true or not made no difference.
>>
>>28872921
He self destructed when he kept trying to either cover it up or deny it. It was a stupid thing he could have ended at
>'Yeah, I spiced it up but it was a hell of a story, huh?'
With a bit of egg on his face but he forgot the cardinal rules of scandals at any size.
>>
>>28871344
>tfw you will be disappoint
Comparing Trump to the glory of The Clankening is an insult to everyone who's ever banged two pieces of metal together.
>>
>>28867954
I think you are underestimating the madness of war.
I hope to god you get a chance to report from a war zone and see what true terror is.
People like you make me sick
>>
>>28870834
This. The only "sides" you see are the ones that they want you to see.
>>
File: Gook Disturbed More.png (246KB, 489x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Gook Disturbed More.png
246KB, 489x1061px
>>28868505
>That one decapitated guy among the casualties with missing limbs
Say what type of bomb was used on them to cause such mutilations? Was it the shrapnel and the concussion blast?
>>
>>28867954
Like being a voyeur at a gangbang
>>
>>28869409
>>28869653
both of you guys sound butt hurt. any bad experiences or just talking out of the fucking blue?
>>
>>28870125
why butt hurt, Butthurt Jones?
>>
>>288701
>chink cameras are cheap as shit
go grab one and come back with a usable footage fucktard. And you'll need a journopass to actually be able to get into a war zone dipweed
>>
File: 1418766904495.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418766904495.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
>>
>>28870165
too bad, the post was deleted, no idea what was going on... when fucking 4chan gets censored
>>
File: ukraine-protests-feb-19-11.jpg (216KB, 720x494px) Image search: [Google]
ukraine-protests-feb-19-11.jpg
216KB, 720x494px
>>
>>28871309
I posted the video dude:
>>28867966
>>
>>28871362
veeeery good point <3
>>
>>28872945
Journalism shouldn't be about spicing up shit... he deserves to burn. Gives bad reputation to the whole PR shit.
>>
>>28872882
dude... how about watching things from various sources... Vice is good... but so's Euronews and BBC and CNN and all together... don't rely on one source.
>>
>>28867954
I avoided them like the plague on deployment.
When you're dealing with a whole stack of problems and under enough pressure, you really just don't want to deal with them probably getting blown up and when you're on your downtime, (which is infrequent and often short as-is) then it just feels invasive.
>Take your pictures
>Don't take pictures of me
>Stay the fuck out of the way and don't speak to my guys without my permission
Then they'll sneak around and try to do it anyway like some kind of tourist. I'm sort of the opinion that in some cases stories need to be told, however, majority of the stuff I've seen isn't written with any kind of objectivity.
>>
>>28872886
Kaj Larsen*
>>28872882
He's Vice and they say he is really good
>>
>>28874702
Thanks for sharing your story. It might be a problem to share all the details on everything about war to the big public, not to mention what the editors will want to fit in, in an article. I think war is still a bit romanticized these days, not shown as it is... (btw Vice news' Russian Roulette did show some reaaaaally fucked up footage about ppl gettin blown to pieces out of an LAV. I'm only telling this cause Vice is getting a lot of bash in this thread right now)

I was wondering if there would be a way that would make a journalist's approach to a solider more acceptable, or is it better to fuck off from a person who just doesn't want to fucking talk about the exploded friends and blown enemy heads. What do you think?
>>
>>28873097
>People like you make me sick
why?
>>
>>28873867
probably a JDAM
>>
>>28867954
I liked him until he went full Cuck and full lies in his Japan video and anti gun stuff on vice.
I gave up on Vice now, but the Ukraine reports where the last great or even good and mostly unbiased thing they did.
>>
>>28874568
>>28874546
great pictures... Maidan if I guess right.
>>
>>28874883
I agree... mostly watched that shit only.
>>
>>28874815
Soldiers like to run their mouth so they'll always talk to journo's, they'll say all kinds of shit which is basically a fucking nightmare in terms of normal people understanding it and the context of how its going to be received past the period it was said in.
Hence as a former officer, I was always really wary they'd let something slip, which at a very basic level would mean I get dropped in the shit- but more importantly they'd possibly say something they'd regret later on, which might play on their mind and affect their ability later on to do their job.

You have to remember, the job is killing other people.
Not a hug-box of happy feelings and noble ideals.
We run on very high levels of aggression and teamwork, when an outsider comes into that environment who doesn't do the same thing they do, there's always going to be some kind of gap of understanding. So I think a lot of journos could benefit for their own sake, by doing some elementary psychology/body language studies on when and when not to make a call on approaching people hot out of a shitfight, full of adrenaline and probably liable to say something dumb
>>
>>28873867
Explosions just kind of do that sort of thing, there's no one kind of bomb that'll specifically decapitate people.
>>
It's gay as fuck and loses wars. Bunch of uppity hippy faggots back home get butt blasted at seeing little kids dead in the street nevermind they were wearing explosive vests. Do us all a favor and keep your journalist ass home
>>
>>28875083
Kill yourself. Tax payers deserve to get an idea of what their government is doing with their money. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean you get to shut them down.
>>
>>28875002
I can understand that some soldiers run their mouth after a fight... I don't think that anyone wants to go away unnoticed. I mean, probably most of them know that they can disappear anytime off of the face of the earth.
I'm not sure why would they feel regret after saying something. It'll might turn out to be not true in time or something?
I mean, I get that it's stressing to be in a fight, but it shouldn't be as stressing, that you have said something, that you might not think of the same after some time than being in conflict, risking your well-being.
>>
Journalism is good and necessary, however journalism with a bias is bad and manipulative. Tell the story as accurately and with as little spin as possible.
>>
>>28875175
>we deserve to lose every war since Vietnam due to lack of support from our own populace and politicians back home because a bunch of limp wristed Nancy's back home expect us to succeed in combat while simultaneously not killing anyone and just sitting down with the enemy to talk about our feelings.

Fuck you, fuck embedded reporters from Vietnam and onwards. If it was up to you literal cuckolds with your hearts and minds doctrine the US wouldve pulled out of WWII immediately after Manilla and Peleilu because muh chilluns muh collateral damage muh atrocities. Note how the CIA doesn't have embedded reporters? Nobody watches what they do and they're successful. All the progressive soft bodied faggots back home don't have the right to know SHIT other than we'really deployed to combat and we're winning.

If you got a problem with that don't send us, send morman missionaries. And don't be surprised when the descendants of John Moses Browning start slaying little shit skin children too
>>
>>28875175
To some extent, voters also play a very big picture more so than 'tax payers', it gives me the shits watching all these people going "the war in ____ was bad and we never should have gone"
Well, if they didn't fucking like it, they should have gone and voted out the current government which sent us over. Got to remember that soldiers don't make policy like that! We just do all the shit jobs when democracy fucks up somewhere, when decency no longer matters and diplomacy has gone to complete shit- all those fun 3D's that people back in the world like to think matters as part of their civilisation.
Course, if you're part of the "war, fuck-yeah" part of the voting block, by all means keep doing what you're doing, but understand that you're not going to be there yourself and there will be consequences for those of us that do.

>>28875179
Its not so much the whole 'last will and testament' thing, more the fact they say stuff, I won't say that it goes completely out of context. To do this job, you do sort of need a really high level of detachment and dehumanisation, I've sort of tried to explain it in the past as sort of a 'kill switch' I guess where once the shit is on, I literally throw away my years of playing with kittens, riding bikes on sunny days, being nice to my wife and family, 4 years of uni education + officer college and I will do what's required.
I kill people
That in the civilised world has literally no real bridge between us. People can pretend to be empathetic and understand, but they really don't and for the most part they'll just see revulsion underneath it all like they see common murder.

So when Johnny Trooper comes off the lines, he's gunna say some shit! He's going to say all kinds of racist, homophobic, violent shit that people will be disgusted by and you just can't say in polite society!
His mum's gunna see that, she wont like it and neither will anyone else.
But we don't function in polite society- that's the difference
>>
>>28875371
>we deserve to lose every war since Vietnam due to lack of support from our own populace and politicians back home because a bunch of limp wristed Nancy's back home expect us to succeed in combat while simultaneously not killing anyone and just sitting down with the enemy to talk about our feelings.
Great job putting words in my mouth.
>Fuck you, fuck embedded reporters from Vietnam and onwards.
No, fuck you.
>If it was up to you literal cuckolds with your hearts and minds doctrine the US wouldve pulled out of WWII immediately after Manilla and Peleilu because muh chilluns muh collateral damage muh atrocities.
So you just want a bunch of propaganda about wars then huh? Maybe people were opposed to those conflicts for a good reason huh? Also maybe we should have stayed out of the European theatre? I mean for what fucking point? I get Japan but why the fuck did we dick around in Europe at all, look at what it brought us. Look at what supporting the Soviets brought us.
>Nobody watches what they do and they're successful.
>they're successful.
That's because what they do is actually important.
>All the progressive soft bodied faggots back home don't have the right to know SHIT other than we'really deployed to combat and we're winning.
Then maybe they shouldn't be forced to pay taxes to those wars in the first place huh?
>don't send us
Most don't want to. Most Americans, as a whole, don't want pointless wars. It's the consent manufacturing fuck bags in Washington that do.
>>
>>28869633
>>28868087
>>28871303
Tanks incoming, 30 minutes
>>
>>28875478
I do believe that people should know that their sons' get detached from social norms and turn into 'born to kill' heads once they are in war.
War is no fun and I think it should be made clear too, and one of those things are to share all the things that soldiers say during or under or after conflict. I don't think I have ever seen a real naturalist report on war, or a movie or an article. I do think that your shared stories make me help to 'understand', at least get a gimps or an insight on how it looks to face madness and fight it with being unreasonable, racist, homophobic, and so.
>>
>>28875662
>unreasonable, racist, homophobic, and so
Literally what?
>>
>>28875537
Confirmed for armchair commando

>>28875478
And when Johny Trooper says all those things to his buddy after their convoy get hit for the second time that month and he loses his A gunner, who he's known since basic, you can bet your ass some faggot from the times will be there to spin it back home like Johny's hopped up on amphetamines blasting slayer from his iPod running around murdering lititle foreign girls. Or Marines from task force violence are bounding across entire villages massacaring civilians. Fuck embedded reporters. People back home will never understand the context or thought process behind the words and actions of those in peril every day.
>>
>>28875707
dunno... drinking? drugs? no idea
>>
>>28875769
No I mean, why even use those terms? They're just b8 and part of controlling the discussion. They're meaningless.
>>
>>28875712
>Confirmed for armchair commando
9/10 argument friend. Hope you enjoy dying for Israel friend.
>>
>>28875777
Sure, I get it it's nonsensical and there's no real meaning to it, it's just there to say something when there's not much to say I guess... But probably it's that I just have no idea what it's like. Don't think im a libfag and got stuck on those words.
>>
File: 1454903325863.jpg (38KB, 256x320px) Image search: [Google]
1454903325863.jpg
38KB, 256x320px
>>28875807
There's literally no point in even talking to you since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Even the most progressive revisionist historian will tell you WWII was right and justified conflict. That fact that you dispute this makes it clear that you're baiting or an utter drooling retard. Let epic Isreal may-may confirms that you are the latter. Why someone like yourself is even on a weapons board is beyond me since you clearly lack the mental faculty to safely own firearms.
>>
>>28875964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v50dVvai5to&ab_channel=AaronRobertson
>>
>>28875662
Social normalcy is pretty much just a situational context.
Overused and often laughed at (myself included!)- but that's actually what it really is, its completely normal for some people to get stressed about running low on money, having to drag their arse down the shops for a loaf of bread and for some of us it was completely normal for cunts to lob mortars into our base and blow shit up.
>"But people lobbing mortars at you isn't normal!"
Yes it really is normal, they did it all the time! Hell we'd kill them fairly regularly as well, but normally they'd just find some more people to do it. It's all completely normal! :)

Sadly, its also normal for people to die as - >>28875712 said, it'll never make sense to anyone really just looking at it on the tv or reading about it.
A lot of people maybe run around at about 25% of their full capacity, a few will do some stuff which pushes them to maybe 75% or so of their physical and mental capacity like a marathon or something silly like base jumping- but they'll not a lot hit that 100%

When you hit that 100% you're fighting for your life and surviving its literally outside of anything else. I won't say its good, I don't think you should do it because there's risks to it, but I honestly dunno any other way of explaining it really. So people will say shit when they're functioning in that environment, they might not mean it, maybe they do, but the actual mindset of them isn't something that most people can understand and it'll ALWAYS look bad.
>>
>>28875964
>Even the most progressive revisionist historian will tell you WWII was right and justified conflict.
I'm not progressive. Oh but that's right, politics and opinions only exist on a linear scale. I don't think we should have fought in Europe and Africa and I don't thing we should have supplied the Soviet Union with arms, equipment, and other shit. We should have done our fighting in the pacific. Beat the fuck out of the Japanese, and secured an American friendly pacific. Instead we ended up with the Soviets being able to pour tons of support and equipment into china, with the communists winning the war. We ended up with a divided Korea. We ended up with a weird situation in Indo-china because the French took so much of their shit back. We ended up with a communist Eastern Europe and a broken Western Europe. We fought the wrong people and no matter how much you scream about the holocaust, the fact is that many more time over people died on the Eastern front than the six millions Jews that died in the holocaust. We supported genocide before then and after, so why be so picky about one race of people?
>>
>>28875002
>You have to remember, the job is killing other people.
And Americans wonder why they suck at Hearts And Minds compared to the rest of the Western world, who understand that a soldier's job is more nuanced than "killing people".
>>
>>28867954
Vice is absolute shit, and they are what's wrong with modern journalism,

War Journalism is for the mot part bad, civilians don't understand what they are reporting on and they end up either, giving away important information to the enemy, or showing the cruelty we give the enemy without showing the cruelty the enemy gives us.

TLDR

If you are going to report on war, join the Army and become an Army journalist, don't be a fucking war tourist.
>>
>>28876302
Oh its a heck of a lot more than just killing, but ultimately it is what is expected of you if you're in the military and the situation demands that it be done.
If you're in the military and not prepared to do it, then I would really question why you're there and certainly wouldn't want you stuffing around near me, that stuff might have been ok back when people got drafted in and conscripted, but it doesn't fly now when you're in a professional military.

I don't care if you're a fella that just thinks they're there to serve lunch or goof around in the supplies department- but you will fight to defend yourself and you will fight to defend your mates or you can just fuck off.

And no, I'm not American.
>>
The embedded journalism stuff is quite pointless.

It's like propaganda.
>>
Its fine just dont be one of those whiney pussy field faggots that when they get attacked or captured by hostiles they scream "WHERE THE PRESS WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CANT DO THIS WERE THE PRESS PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW BLOOBLOOOOO"
>>
>>28875019
>there's no one kind of bomb that'll specifically decapitate people.
Yet
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.