[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would there be a greater hell than being on the Bismarck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 29

Would there be a greater hell than being on the Bismarck in the last battle?
>>
Being on the HMS Hood in Bismarck's first battle.
>>
>>28863112

Nah, that was a fast death.

The Bismarck was slowly shelled and burned to death. It was hit by hundreds of shells for hours and there was nowhere to go for protection.

If you read the few survivor accounts, it sounds like hell on earth.

The Hood would obviously suck but it was over in an instant.
>>
>>28862828
Yamato
>>
>>28863148

How does it compare?
>>
>>28862828

Being on the first wave at Omaha
>>
>>28862828
Almost any of the "last stand" battles in history.
>>
>>28863168

Sure but I think most of them you could at least try to run away, or they were over somewhat quickly. I can't imagine being on a ship that won't sink getting pounded at point blank range from numerous other ships and battleships in a blazing inferno.

I mean, if you know of another worst last stand let me know. There's just something about being on the water like that that is so isolating and terrifying.
>>
>>28863156
Being pounded by air attack for hours on an obvious suicide mission. At least Bismarck got to shoot back
>>
>>28863112
>Being on the HMS Hood
I suppose being one of those 3 men who survived while they saw the Hood sink.

But I have to say either trapped in a fiery death on a tanker or trapped in a submarine ass it sank.
>>
>>28863194

But there was never a sense of impending doom. It was surrounded by a fleet. There were no warships in sight.

The Bismarck's sailors literally knew that they were going to die for 24 hours. They were sailing in circles. They were under air attack all night long and in the morning the entire British fleet appeared and pounded them...and it didn't sink...and it just got pounded by HUNDREDS of shells for hours.

Way worse than the Yamato IMO.
>>
File: JXbHZUu[1].jpg (148KB, 1369x838px) Image search: [Google]
JXbHZUu[1].jpg
148KB, 1369x838px
>>
i think being in the stalingrad kessel was far far far far far far far worst
>>
File: yu4XkE6[1].jpg (63KB, 560x530px) Image search: [Google]
yu4XkE6[1].jpg
63KB, 560x530px
>>
>>28863320

Why? Much higher chance of survival. Less chance of dying. An actual chance of rescue.
>>
Being in the Oklahoma, hull turned upside down as you try to desperately torch a hole through to escape, pounding on the hull to try and attract rescuers...

...and the pounding slowly fades away...
>>
>>28863279
Fucking hell
>>
File: cave.jpg (849KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
cave.jpg
849KB, 3264x2448px
You're separated from your tour group. You could never get lost right? Your sense of direction is too good. And yet here you are, wandering aimlessly over a mile under the earth. Trying to stay calm you call out on occasion, straining your ears to hear some sort of call back as your echos fade into the miles of unmapped caves. Its cold now, maybe because you're alone and there isnt other bodies to warm the ambient temperature. One thing is for sure, this tremor inducing chill is nothing like the pleasant cool you first felt as you descended into the underbelly of the earth's fertile surface. You've been down here hours, trying to head in a generally upward direction. Your headlamp is beginning to dim. You swallow your panic as you can see less and less. Why does it have to go dark so fast? For a fleeting moment you think of how you first marveled at the sights likely no man had witnessed before, down here in Hades' domain. Now you desperately want some glimpse of a light of the outside world, or a sound. Something, anything. As you walk the realization creeps into the recesses of your mind that you may very well die here, and you desperately try to push those thoughts away. Dont think about that pink elephant. In your delirium you think you hear footsteps behind you, so you stop. Nothing. You start, they start. You stop, they stop. You call out, but get no response but your own scared voice. They're echos of your footsteps, there's no other explanation. The largest living things here are blind crickets or something; you remember reading that back at the visitor's center. Still, you cant help but notice as you start moving again that there is a disparity between the pattern of your steps and the ones behind you. The light is so dim you have to strain to see your feet. You make it another couple hundred yards before the light finally fades into black. You sit down, resigned to your fate.

Only then do you hear the first noise in hours that you know you didn't make.
>>
>>28863381

Google some survivor stories. It's insane. I can't believe that anyone survived. British battleships were literally pouring shells in at literally point blank range with no return fire, but the Bismarck never ran up surrender and the British naval officers had second thoughts about it but kept up the fire. The Bismarck was finally sunk by a combination of scuttling and torpedoes after the British battleships ran out of ammo.

"A total of 2,876 shells were fired at Bismarck from 0847-1019, most at relatively close ranges (see Table 4)."

http://www.navweaps.com/index_inro/INRO_Bismarck_p2.htm
>>
Hell?? you mean guaranteed Valhalla ticket.
>>
>>28863424
>>
USS Indianapolis survivor.
>>
>>28863339
>actual chance of rescue
ha ha ha ha
>>
File: notyourfootsteps.gif (112KB, 255x231px) Image search: [Google]
notyourfootsteps.gif
112KB, 255x231px
>>28863424
This right here, second only to the same situation in an underwater cavern. Equally dark, silent, and alone, but at least underground you have a presumable infinite air supply.
>>
>>28863601

Compared to the Bismarck...yes. x100000 chance of rescue.
>>
>>28863424
Bat people man

Fuckin crazy
>>
File: freezing29.gif (3MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
freezing29.gif
3MB, 350x197px
>>28862828
yes, you might be getting tortured by electricity
>>
>>28863226
>But there was never a sense of impending doom.

Yes there was. The Yamato and nine other ships were deliberately sent on a suicide mission to attack the American forces at Okinawa. The crew of the Yamato knew they were going to their deaths the instant they were given their orders.
>>
>>28864236

Were they under attack all night and sailing in circles while an entire fleet closed in to point blank range?

Go away weeb.
>>
>>28864283
>he thinks he knows what the term weaboo means!!!
>>
>>28862828
Being on the Yamato during her last mission.Also, most Japanese carriers took hours of burning and exploding before going under.
>>
>>28864283
Take a look at the preparations. track and timings of Ten-Go. Everyone knew it was a suicide mission as soon as they heard the initial orders.
>>
>>28864283
You're moving the goalposts. You said there was never any sense of impending doom for the Yamato and her crew, when you're 100% utterly wrong in every way.

Operation Ten-Go was a suicide mission planned from the very start. The goal was to sent the Yamato and whatever ship they still had that could float into their deaths, thrown against impossible odds. They all knew they were going to their deaths when they received their orders.
>>
>>28862828
Living in the modern world where ace-combat style warfare is but a fiction.
>>
>>28864893
Today's my birthday, a victory sure would be nice.
>>
>>28862828
Being on the Kursk
>>
>>28864929
Was just about to say that.

Man, fuck dying on a submarine.
>>
>>28864283
Was the Bismarck surrounded on all sides by an entire fleet of carriers, battleships, destroyers, and battlecruisers, AND a sky full of nearly 400 aircraft?

Stop trying to compare them as if they're even comparable. Both crews of both ships went through hell.

>At 13:33, in a desperate attempt to keep the ship from capsizing, Yamato's damage control team counter-flooded both starboard engine and boiler rooms. This mitigated the danger but also drowned the several hundred crewmen manning those stations, who were given no notice that their compartments were about to fill with water.
>>
File: 1372697581437.gif (361KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
1372697581437.gif
361KB, 274x200px
>>28862828
being a kraut retreating westward and having to cross the dnieper under fire

>yfw they make you a rearguard
>>
>>28862828
Yeah, a few.

1) Being a German zeppelin crewman after the brits invented incendiary rounds. Often the first sign you were under attack would be the sound of flames, and the red glow coming from the back of the zeppelin. Then, your only options would be to stay on board and burn to death, or bail out without a parachute.

2) Being on the IJN Chikuma. It was sunk at the Battle Off Samar. Survivors were picked up by the IJN Nowaki, which was in turn sunk the next day. Only ONE Chikuma crewman is believed to have survived both sinkings.
>>
>>28863168
Seelow Heights and Berlin come to mind
>>
>>28864058
Sauce?
>>
>>28864956
just fuck subs in general. i'd have trouble being on a destroyer, let alone a sub
somewhat of a different perspective, but I think being part of the cuban missile crisis naval blockade would've been hell.
sitting there, not sure if you are gonna see the beginning of the apocalypse, or if you will die, or whats gonna happen. more of a mental hell than anything else, but still
>>
>>28864893
lets be real here. Odds are you'd be one of the AI, not Mobius 1.
>>
>>28864990
God damn, being a Volksturm soldier during the siege of Berlin would have to be the worst. I'd just at least try to run to west, while not being shot for deserting.

Being a soldier on the defending during any siege would sucks now that I think about it.
>>
>>28863168
>40:1
>literally no help coming,ever
>expected to perish
meep
>>
>>28863471
>"A total of 2,876 shells were fired at Bismarck from 0847-1019, most at relatively close ranges (see Table 4)."
jesus christ how many is that per minute?
>>
>>28862828
being on the Scharnhorst on her last battle
>>
>>28865760

Did education fail you
>>
File: image.jpg (753KB, 1773x1482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
753KB, 1773x1482px
>>28864986
That view though
>>
>>28865778
yes
>31
>>
>>28864997

Not him, but look at the file name OR reverse image search. Either of those will enlighten you greatly.
>>
>>28862828
yeah a few that actually happened come to mind, but my first thought when i saw this thread
>The Battle of Umbara during the clone wars
It included the 501st legion and the 212th Attack battalion, who were under the General Pong Krell's leadership.
>The planet was in perpetual darkness, the enemy was constantly lurking in the shadows and had artillery vehicles far surpassing what the clone soldiers had at their disposal.
>But that doesnt even begin the hell trip. General Krell was harsh on his men and did not care how many were killed, letting many die refusing retreating even when they were outnumbered.
>And after all this, he tells his men the Umbaran natives have stolen clone armor and weapons in an attempt to disguise themselves and told the 2 respective legions/battalions that the enemies who had done this were at a specific location and to get the surprise attack.
>Unbeknownst to the clones he was leading them to a trap, the clones then opened fire on who they believed to be the enemy
>in truth they were killing each other, Krell pitted the two battalions against one another, causing the men to slaughter their brothers
>it was only realized that they were fighting each other when after killing an "enemy" Captain Rex of the 501st saw the helmet coming off reveling he was a clone
could you imagine the fucking damage that would do to your mind, its hellish. Killing so many only to realize they were your own brothers and watching as the many died slowly and painfully with no medical help
its pretty fucked up
>inb4 "its not a real battle aboohooboo"
>>
The battle of Stalingrad. Imagine if it were your home, total destruction, everyone you knew is probably dead by now, you are starving, you have nowhere to run.
You will die here.

Also Hiroshima just after the bomb, all those bodies burning in the streets, the radiation burning your insides. Probably the truest hell.
>>
>>28862828

being in the cockpit of a Kamikaze plane on first mission.
>>
>nobody mentioning the Tokyo firestorm of 1923 after the earthquake

>Because the earthquake struck at lunchtime when many people were cooking meals over fire, many people died as a result of the many large fires that broke out. Some fires developed into firestorms[17][18][19] that swept across cities. Many people died when their feet became stuck on melting tarmac. The single greatest loss of life was caused by a fire tornado that engulfed the Rikugun Honjo Hifukusho (formerly the Army Clothing Depot) in downtown Tokyo, where about 38,000 people were incinerated after taking shelter there following the earthquake. The earthquake broke water mains all over the city, and putting out the fires took nearly two full days until late in the morning of September 3. An estimated 6,400 people died[inconsistent] and 381,000 houses were destroyed by the fire alone.

>obey authorities, take shelter in an empty field at an Army depot
>fire rages all around the city
>it gets closer
>suddenly fire tornadoes
>you start to feel the heat
>38,000 people panic, watch the tornadoes rip into the edges of the crowd, picking up entire families
>getting trampled would be a merciful, fortunate death

pic related
>>
Being in 2016 USA if bernia sanders wins
>>
>>28863471
Eternal anglo strikes again
utter fucking scum
Germans should have killed everyone at dunkirk
>>
File: huh.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
121KB, 250x418px
>>28866196

>pic related
>>
>>28866203

>Bismarck never struck her colors
>butthurt polfag naziboo blames the Allies for sinking her

Fuck off.
>>
File: main_1200.jpg (213KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
main_1200.jpg
213KB, 1200x755px
>>28866196
>>28866205

Hurr. This is what happens when you work 10s in healthcare.
>>
>>28866133
Wasn't Leningrad worse for the civilians though?
>>
>>28862828
Probably Mikuma after Midway.
>Collide with sister ship after your side loses all air power in the area
>towed along at a snails pace under constant allied attack and finally explode because your fire control officer wouldn't jettison the torpedoes in storage overboard
>>
File: wilhelm-gustloff2.jpg (89KB, 1037x746px) Image search: [Google]
wilhelm-gustloff2.jpg
89KB, 1037x746px
>>28862828

No.

Being a wounded soldier being transported on the MV Wilhelm Gustloff.

Almost 10,000 people stuck on a ship designed for 1500 and having it torpedoed under you.

About 7500 more deaths than the Titanic, yet almost noone knows about it.

The greatest single loss of life from a ship sinking ever. 9,400 people died out of more than 10,600 on board. 5000 of them were kids.

Imagine being stuck below decks. At least the Bismark went down guns blazing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Wilhelm_Gustloff
>>
>>28866273
The marxists wouldn't like to talk about their pals, the soviets, sinking refugee ships
>>
File: Scharnhorst-Battle-Cruiser.jpg (54KB, 740x541px) Image search: [Google]
Scharnhorst-Battle-Cruiser.jpg
54KB, 740x541px
>>28862828

The Scharnhorst

Blinded in a snowstorm, her radar knocked out, for thirteen hours she battled the Duke of York,
1 heavy cruiser, 3 light cruisers and 9 destroyers. She took 52 salvos and a dozen torpedoes before she capsized, her guns still blazing as she rolled. 36 men of 1,969 was saved.

> "Gentlemen, the battle against Scharnhorst has ended in victory for us. I hope that if any of you are ever called upon to lead a ship into action against an opponent many times superior, you will command your ship as gallantly as Scharnhorst was commanded today" -Admiral Bruce Frasier
>>
File: Isandhlwana.jpg (105KB, 944x588px) Image search: [Google]
Isandhlwana.jpg
105KB, 944x588px
>>28862828

Battle of Isandlwana.

Having over 20,000 Zulus attack your camp with about 1800 guys on your side.

Knowing that 30 minutes into the battle that no matter what you do, how hard you fight..... you are fucked. Nowhere to run. No where to hide.

The best you can hope for is to be speared to death and have your guts sliced open.

Everyone who didn't initially escape the battle was killed to a man. Even the horses, oxes and the camp dog got ripped to pieces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Isandlwana
>>
>>28866273

Or the SS Cap Arcona

>Cap Arcona's final use was as a prison ship. In May 1945 she was heavily laden with prisoners from Nazi concentration camps when the Royal Air Force sank her, killing about 5,000 people; with more than 2,000 further casualties in the sinkings of the accompanying vessels of the prison fleet; SS Deutschland and Thielbek. This was one of the biggest single-incident maritime losses of life in the Second World War.

The Eternal Anglo is real
>>
>>28866309

OOOOO SHAKA
>>
>>28863165
I shit you not, I had a great-great uncle that survived. From what I have been told, he was the only one in his squad left alive. I don't have any confirmation as he died before I was born, but he survived nonetheless. My dad said he was salty as fuck, but whenever you would ask him about WWII at all, he would just break down in tears. Really sad.
>>
>>28866312

Also, the Cap Arcona was used as a stand in for Joesph Goebbels Tour de Nazi Force Titanic, a condemnation of England eternal quest for profit at the expense of the poor.
>>
>>28866301
>eternal anglo vermin killing their racial brothers for the benefit of the marxists
>>
>tfw the world was in the palm of your hand for one fleeting moment, only to squander it all away when the power you held went to your head.
>>
>>28866287
To be fair
>As Wilhelm Gustloff had been fitted with anti-aircraft guns, and the Germans, in obedience to the rules of war, did not mark her as a hospital ship, no notification of her operating in a hospital capacity had been given and, as she was transporting military personnel, she did not have any protection as a hospital ship under international accords.
>>
>>28866083
go jerk off to anime, weeb.
>>
>>28866363
spot the ivan
>>
>>28863424
I think I'm gonna be sick.
>>
>>28866393
Oh no, it was an awful thing and a senseless waste of life, it's just a technically-legal senseless waste of life common to war, which wehraboos would probably like to overlook while citing it as an example that 'the allies were just as bad!'

Was it a refugee ship? Yes. Was it legally protected in any way (i.e. as a hospital ship)? No. So it was a (technically) legitimate target, even if a tragic one.
>>
>>28863424
Stop
>>
>>28864990
Being a german when the russians were stuck on the road at Seelow might have been fun though- duck shoot
>>
>>28862828
First day of the Somme.
>>
>>28862828
being a German soldier in Normandy & going for a morning swim on June 6th 1944.
>>
>>28862828
Yes being head of the f 35 project
>>
May 1st, 1945

Pink is Allied controlled
Red is contested
White is Nazi controlled

Being in the Courland Pocket would have been a nightmare.
>>
>>28863634
Dying of starvation and rape in a gulag camp is not rescue
>>
>>28866570
why, your company gets more money every time the R&D department runs into a problem.
>>
>>28862828
The Somme.
Verdun.
Pretty much anything involving infantry in WWI.
>>
being a Latvian soldier in 1939:
>Soviets barge in
>year later your army is absorbed into Red Army
>year later Germans attack
>you are in Ukraine or some shit
>you are captured by Germans
>you are forced to join SS
>later you are captured by NKVD
>the most positive thing in your life at that point is that they can only execute you once.
>>
File: dmsinm.jpg (20KB, 288x400px) Image search: [Google]
dmsinm.jpg
20KB, 288x400px
Being Captain Hans Langsdorff

Conduct an honourable Convoy raiding early in the war, then having to scuttle the Graf Spee before the Uruguay government takes the ship after she was rendered inoperable by the British.

>Langsdorff was taken to the Naval Hotel in Buenos Aires, where he wrote letters to his family and superiors. He wrote on 19 December 1939:

>"I can now only prove by my death that the fighting services of the Third Reich are ready to die for the honour of the flag. I alone bear the responsibility for scuttling the panzerschiff Admiral Graf Spee. I am happy to pay with my life for any possible reflection on the honour of the flag. I shall face my fate with firm faith in the cause and the future of the nation and of my Führer."

>He lay on Admiral Graf Spee's battle ensign and shot himself, forestalling any allegations that he had avoided further action through cowardice. Another motivation was Langsdorff's desire to go down with the Graf Spee. He was talked out of such an action by his officers, who convinced him that his leadership was still needed in seeking amnesty for his crew. Once the fate of the Graf Spee's crew was decided, Langsdorff killed himself over her ensign as a symbolic act of going down with his ship.

>Hans Langsdorff was buried in the German section of the La Chacarita Cemetery in Buenos Aires, Argentina and was honoured by both sides in the battle for his honourable conduct. The town of Ajax Ontario, a noted Naval community in Canada even named a street after him.
>>
>>28866601
more like later you are captured by the allies
and then they deport you to the soviets because they are a buncha marxist loving piece of shits
>>
>>28866634
so the results are pretty much exactly the same
>>
Getting married.
>>
>>28862828
Being one of the many German soldiers who surrendered to the western allies and then were turned over to the soviets as a show of friendship to their communist allies
>>
>>28866575

Hindsight is 20/20. There was at least a relief force coming to get them and they did come fairly close. They always had hope of relief until the end. Only now do we know that they really had little chance.

The Bismarck's men knew 100% that there was no relief coming, at all, once their rudder got hit.
>>
>>28866301
Then the British sailed away leaving hundreds of survivors in the water as they also did with Bismark, claiming that U-Boats were near even though they knew from Ultra intercepts that they weren't. In the Bismark's case they just wanted revenge for the Hood, so the the survivors were left to die..
>>
>>28867100

That was why U-Boats had been scrambled to escort Bismarck home, right?
>>
>>28867264

Which made no difference once the rudder was fucked.
>>
>>28866412

Wehraboos please respond.
>>
File: IMG_7908.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7908.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>28863424
I'm spooped
>>
>>28864306
rule 59 fggt
>>
>>28867264
But they couldn't have arrived for over 24 hours and the Brits knew it.
>>
>>28867264
Speaking of, if the brits were that close and saw them scuttle, why not capture the nazis? I mean really, they were RIGHT FUCKING THERE MAN!
>>
Being a Roman at the Battle of Cannae.

>trapped in a massive mob of men, slowly suffocating as you're crushed and watching the enemy literally carve their way towards you
>>
Being on the Johnston vs the Yamato
>>
>>28869369
>Johnston vs the Yamato

Good choice. It's hard to believe that only 50 were killed outright during combat.
>>
>>28866412
Even if the Soviets knew it was a hospital ship, they'd still torp the fuck out of it. Nazis are capitalist. Jews are capitalist. Poland is Capitalist. Finland is Capitalist. The streets of the USSR were paved in Capitalist blood and the Soviets didn't care if they were innocent or not. The moment Stalin realized Germany's curbstomp was over it became a massive Communist land grab, and fuck everyone who got in their way.
>Stopped before Germany's border to go south and lengthening the war so they could take land
>Making unrealistic demands from Finland who tried to negotiate for peace before a shot was even fired just so they could invade and take more land.
>Not honoring Japan's surrender and killing off retreating forces for a week so they could take more land.
>The rape of Berlin that nobody really gave a fuck about because Nazis.
Not even a wehraboo but fuck communists using every war as an all you can eat clay buffet.
>>
Being in the Scorpion or Thresher.
>>
>>28865760
Are you really not capable of doing that math in 10 seconds?
>>
>>28862828
>>28862828
being on the Bismark's first battl... oh wait
but seriously

being on a U Boat that was being chased by destroyers
>>
>>28863618
the unlimited air almost makes it worse since you now have to fumble around for days hoping to find a way out while waiting to die of dehydration
>>
>>28866196
>nips
>people
>>
>>28869307

>Kriegsmarine
>Nazis

Please get terms correct. And they started to pick them up but then stopped - presumably because they saw a periscope. But that is pretty flimsy and in reality they knew there were no subs around and they were pissed off that the Hood got shreked.
>>
>>28870479

Good post.
>>
>>28870914

Ever played Silent Hunter? So intense.
>>
>>28872385
hell yeah, played 3 and 4 and spent plenty of time running silent trying to dodge depth charges after attacking a convoy that had escorts
>>
>>28872423

I'm so terrible at that. I can never get away. I mean, I dive deep, go silent, take evasive maneuvers, etc. But I guess I don't have the patience to sit there and wait for the fleet to leave?

How do you get away?
>>
>>28872518
the times i did get away i dove deep, ran silent and zigzagged all over and waited and zigzagged and wait more

too often i would try running away from the destroyer in a straight line and launching torpedoes from the rear tubes back at it and end up getting raped
did get a couple destroyer hits though
also waited too long to dive and actually had part of the destroyer bow hit my sub
>>
>>28872624

Maybe I'll fire the game up and give it a shot again. I never got far in actual open seas campaigns. I just did the battle sequences mostly.
>>
File: 1436458667813.jpg (43KB, 960x723px) Image search: [Google]
1436458667813.jpg
43KB, 960x723px
>>28866196
That has to be the most brutal non war related thing I have ever heard
>>
>>28863424
nonononono, i am not doing this tonight
>>
>>28863366
This.
>>
File: custerclose.jpg (142KB, 650x538px) Image search: [Google]
custerclose.jpg
142KB, 650x538px
>>28862828
little Bighorn
>>
>>28872883

Nah evil whitey got what he deserved
>>
>>28871099
Spot the wumao
>>
>>28870479
>Even if the Soviets knew it was a hospital ship, they'd still torp the fuck out of it
I'm not sure what's being argued here
(A) That they would have torpedoed a ship protected as a hospital ship under international law
(B) That they shouldn't have torpedoed a ship that wasn't protected under international law.
The former is redundant since it doesn't describe the reality of the situation, and the latter is somewhat unreasonable.
>>
>>28866325
I know /his/ is going to tell me I sound like a fag, but film drama slow motion aside, I seriously would not be surprised if that intro scene in SPR was relatively accurate.
>>
>>28866577
Being a German soldier on the Eastern front wouldn't be too shitty I think.
>>
>>28863187
the turks taking the roman capital was pretty brutal
>>
>>28862828

>ctrl F "Bataan"
>0 matches

Well fuck you guys.
>>
>>28866606
Now I'm ready for the liberals to force them to change the name of the street because it might be offensive.
>>
>>28863226
So...scuttle the ship and surrender. Why watch all your sailors die?
>>
File: USS_Indianapolis_(CA-35).jpg (514KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
USS_Indianapolis_(CA-35).jpg
514KB, 1920x1080px
Hi, guys. See any sharks in the water?
>>
>>28878169

too soon!
>>
>>28878169
Anyone else like the look of the USN treaty cruisers?
>>
>>28877842
No one cares about some dead Flips, anon.
>>
>>28863226
>the entire British fleet appeared
>4 boats
>>
Yamashiro had the distinction of being the last battleship to be sunk by another battleship, being on the receiving end of gunfire from eight cruisers and six battleships, as well as being torpedoed up to six times and surviving an aerial attack earlier in the battle of the Surigao Strait.

10 survivors out of 1,700 complement.
>>
>>28877750
Apparently the vets who watched that movie had to leave because it was so realistic it... Sorry everyone... "Triggered" them
>>
>>28863226
>pounded by HUNDREDS of shells for hours.
In a big steel tub with a steel top.

I wonder what that sounded like on the inside.
>>
>>28878850
You could also say that Nazis "triggered' them first wavers pretty good.
>>
>>28863526
I'll never wear a life jacket again, chief.
>>
>>28862828
>>28863200
>>trapped in a submarine
This, probably. In most other deaths at sea, you have at least the slim chance of choosing whether to jump or not.

>>28870479
Given the treatment the Germans meted out to Russian POWs and civilians, I can see why the guys on the submarine might not have been too conflicted about the decision to sink her.

>>28878850
I've talked to veterans who landed on the beaches on D Day, and they all agree that the film was the most accurate depiction they'd seen, but a lot had mentioned how the film was much louder than they remembered it.
>>
>>28862828
being a Wehrmacht or SS soldier in the Battle of Seelow Heights
>trying to defend yourself and Berlin against ~1Million angry and motivated soviet soldiers that want to shank your ass and rape your frauleins
srsly, fuck that shit
>>
being Mussolini as everything falls apart.
>>
File: 003t47rd.jpg (50KB, 800x456px) Image search: [Google]
003t47rd.jpg
50KB, 800x456px
>>28865818
That's beautiful.
Where did you find it?
>>
File: Oh God, please kill me.jpg (39KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Oh God, please kill me.jpg
39KB, 960x540px
>>28879639

Being Mussolini when you're summoned to Berlin and told plainly if you do not head up the puppet government, Hitler will order the destruction of Milan, Turin and Genoa
>>
>>28866601
>>28866634
Actually a large number of Latvians Legion members ended up being the guards at Nuremberg. I think the same for the other Balts too. And of those a lot ended up settling in the US.

But for being on topic:
The Mule Shoe Salient at Spotsylvania was pretty fucking brutal. 24 straight hours of hand to hand combat in the rain.
>>
>>28862828
Being a civvie in the rape of nanking
>>
>>28878093

Well they did eventually scuttle it but to be honest I think they would have run up the colors sooner but command and control broke down because the captain and his entire staff was dead not to mention nearly everyone else.
>>
Being part of the German 6th army at the end of Stalingrad.
>>
>>28866309
interesting that more english troops died than dindus, despite a massive technological advantage.

perhaps the english are truly cucks afterall.
>>
Speaking of ships
Anyone got that "girlfriend vs guided missile destroyer" picture?
>>
File: 1447796990390.jpg (65KB, 539x523px) Image search: [Google]
1447796990390.jpg
65KB, 539x523px
>>28866196
>30,000 people killed by a fucking tornado of fire

Fucking Hell.
>>
what about that siege in china where the military ate something like 30k people?
>>
File: 1351477468064.jpg (190KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1351477468064.jpg
190KB, 500x750px
>>28866196
What I wouldn't give for HD video of that shit.
>>
>>28878850
PTSD triggers are an actual thing. We just mock tumblr for pretending to have PTSD over the most minute things.
>>
>>28862828
USS Arizona
>>
File: xc23yYs.jpg (222KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
xc23yYs.jpg
222KB, 1600x1000px
No body going to mention Hiroshi Ouchi?

>work in uranium processing facility
>get exposed
>doctors keep him alive for 83 days to study and try treatments until he finally dies
>>
>>28866196
>38,000 people were incinerated
>An estimated 6,400 people died
Explain
>>
>>28878796
Wow, the Japanese battleship went a hell and back till they finally sink.
>>
>>28882428
>Fucking smoothskins
>>
File: 2 spooky for me.jpg (44KB, 352x370px) Image search: [Google]
2 spooky for me.jpg
44KB, 352x370px
>>28863424
>>
>>28882428
>Ouchi
Probably said that a few times during those months
>>
File: Kek.jpg (282KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
282KB, 1920x1200px
>>28885691
>>
>>28866380
>star wars
>anywhere close to weaboo level
Kill your sorry self, retard.
>>
being this thread and slowly dying
>>
>>28888856

n-not if you don't let me senpai
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.