[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello Ameri/k/laps, e/lit/ist here. I was just watching a history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

File: groom1960s.jpg (88KB, 669x517px) Image search: [Google]
groom1960s.jpg
88KB, 669x517px
Hello Ameri/k/laps, e/lit/ist here. I was just watching a history channel episode about "area 51" and I was wondering if any of you finely trained combat experts ever had the privilege to work in a secret military base.

I've heard over the years they denied a bunch of stuff, only to confirm decades later it was true. What I'm wondering about, is with all these advanced weapons they revealed to be a reality, what are they covering up?

It's logical that they would distract the populous with something inconsequential, while keeping the real gem hidden.

I've seen one of the higher ups in the companies that build planes quoted as saying that what is in the public realm is decades behind what they have in storage.

tl;dr How many of you worked in secret military bases, and what were your experiences? Any of you got to fly experimental aircrafts, or retrieve crashed aircrafts?
>>
My guess is they aren't allowed to say.
>>
>>28843811
Worked in area 51. No aliens, just Lizard People vacationing. Apparently running the world has a bit of stress associated with it.
>>
>>28843811
Area 51 isn't a historical artifact, faggot. They're still doing research today. That's what they're "covering up". They're maintaining technological superiority.
>>
I always find it hilarious that the silent black helicopters that conspiratards kept rambling about turned out to be real. After the UBL raid the military just straight up said "Yeah. We got silent helicopters. Whatever."
>>
>>28843874
Does that mean that Uncle Sam is monitoring retired operators?

I saw a pic and I didn't believe it to be real, there was camera surveillance in a toilet, and apparently it's illegal to block it from seeing you .
>>
>>28843811
I can neither confirm or deny that I may have or have not did or did not was or was not employed at groom lake within the dates of October 7, 1890 to May 20, 2035. I may or may not have or have not seen projects of a classified nature within or without said facility.
>>
>>28843911
And the 40+ years of unregulated dumping of toxic aerospace chemicals. I wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly closed and they just don't want to pay for the cleanup and face lawsuits from former staff.
>>
>>28844261
What types of things, that may or may not exist, that were or were not used , that you did or did not see, when you were or were not located their, or not there at groom lake or elsewhere?
>>
>>28843811
>>28844261
Probably some form of this, or no comment at all, as in >>28843874. I know a guy of whom I knew he was in the military, but I only learned from a mutual friend of ours that he'd been in the SF business and used to do stuff he cant talk about and, and I quote directly here, "got out [of the .mil in general] because the unit he was with was 'too special'". He himself does hardly ever talk about his time in service.
>>
>>28844307
This is probably correct
>>
Not me but my buddy was an FCC on 17s and they had a fuel leak mid flight so thet landed on a base in Pakistan to refuel and get some supplies, when they landed a white bearded dude in board shorts and a t shirt with an M4 showed up and told him to "get back on the fucking aircraft." the dude called out some of,his buddies and refueld the 17, gave them some food and they left. He looked up the code for the base when he got back and it was supposedly closed down since the mid 80s.
>>
>>28844526
I have or have not been witness to the normal or abnormal run of things. There are no aliens. That I can or can not confirm or deny. Groom Lake is or is not the modern day skunk works where they do or do not create black projects such as or as not the Evangelion unit 04
>>
>>28843811
My Dad (GE manager) flew there in the 90's. He won't talk about it.
>>
>>28844864
>>28844697
>>28844666
>>28844546
Is there any news about leaks then?

Did anyone have a mental breakdown and started blabbing to everyone?

Do we have to wait 50-80 years for shit to be declassified, because the tech they are confirming is already available to the public by commercial means, thus being obsolete??
>>
>>28844697
Is that the future of warfare? Mechs?

What about small power sources that have a high yield output?

They would need that cor powered body armor.
That in turn can revolutionize the prosthetic industry for injured vets by making responsive limbs that can do a range of activities, that last longer.
>>
>>28845555
Mechs, no. Weight bearing exosuits, maybe. Double maybe on .50 BMG mounted exosuits for mobile light armor penetrating support fire.
>>
>>28844307
What is it with military bases and dumping petroleum products into their own groundwater? Hurr we got all this used oil, better dump it on the dirt, oh all this avgas has sat out in the sun too long, dump it.

Name a major base and there's probably one of these situations in the area, often with a cancer cluster associated.
>>
>>28844666
That's fucking spooky dude
>so are those trips
>>
>>28845714
It's expensive and tedious to dispose of chemicals through hazmat.
>>
>>28845493
>Did anyone have a mental breakdown and started blabbing to everyone?
No. Leaks don't happen at that level. The kind of people who work in this kind of installation have been screened for that very purpose.

If they have to choose between hiring the number one expert in the world who is a blabber mouth vs the tenth best guy who can take any secret to his grave, they'll choose the tenth best guy.
>>
>>28843935
>After the UBL raid the military just straight up said "Yeah. We got silent helicopters. Whatever."
No they didn't. They still deny their existence to this day. They just said an advanced helicopter was lost during the raid.
>>
>>28845714
>all this avgas has sat out in the sun too long, dump it.
What happens when avgas sits out in the sun?
>>
>>28846676
Comanche??
>>
Probably some hypersonic aircraft/missiles, gen 3/4 stealth capabilities, darpa shenanigans if I were to wager a guess
>>
>>28847599
Not supersonic... hypersonic...

Wouldn't that cause problems to land based beings in the form gale forces?(if it's close to land)
>>
>>28847649
Well considering the shuttle needs to go mach 22 to escape earth I think humans can sustain that. The problem is enginwering aircraft to go that fast and stay together
>>
File: shawbury dump.jpg (245KB, 1000x690px) Image search: [Google]
shawbury dump.jpg
245KB, 1000x690px
>>28845714
I can confirm this at least for a number of RAF bases here in the UK, sections of the airfield grass where there used to be storage just fenced off and left to rot due to fuel and oil being dumped straight into the ground until environmental laws came into effect, rather than cleaning it up just put 8 foot fencing and write off a few hundred square meters, no-one has to know. Example here at RAF Shawbury where the purple pin is
>>
>>28847519
water separates out and sinks to the bottom, not what you want in your engine
>>
>>28843811
>this entire thread

+1 yuan for attempt
>>
>>28847705

Space shuttle doesn't go nearly that fast in the lower atmosphere. I'm not sure that any material known to man can go that fast in the lower atmosphere without being a gigantic fireball. Too much friction.
>>
>>28845493
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Lazar
>>
>>28847842
Any "secrets" in the RAF you could share?(open secrets)
>>
>>28849630
Our airborne surveillance abilities are a lot better than you'd think, like scarily so
>>
>>28849715
Should state that thats not just visual surveillance, I'm talking signals gathering and information warfare, as well as ground scanning radar target tracking
>>
File: 1453873168011.jpg (32KB, 446x501px) Image search: [Google]
1453873168011.jpg
32KB, 446x501px
>>28849715
>>28849778

COMMENTING ABOVE PAYGRADE
>>
>>28844864
>not telling your son some secrets or cool shit you've seen
You must have a shitty dad desu.
>>
>>28849819
A major component of our ISTAR I don't even know much about, other than the aircraft type and locations, but I do know its very capable and we put a fuckton of money into it.
>>
>>28849903

Those Nimrod parts had to go somewhere eh?
>>
File: zj6wjq.jpg (20KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
zj6wjq.jpg
20KB, 800x600px
>>28849942
kek, that was a fuckup in itself, just checked to see what I can talk about, it's the Shadow R1 flown by 14Sqn based out of RAF Waddington where all our drones and other ISTAR runs out of, in terms of capability and equipment good luck finding out because all I know is all I can tell, the RAF page on it just says "The Beechcraft Shadow R1 aircraft of 14 Squadron, RAF Waddington, is part of the Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) group of systems. ISTAR improves a military commander’s awareness of what is happening on the ground or in the air, allowing him to formulate sound plans in an operational environment. It is a powerful tool, indispensable when conducting modern ISTAR day operations."

They cost £650,000,000 each, bearing in mind the aircraft alone costs £5,000,000
>>
>>28850025
£650,000,000 for the program of 6 aircraft i meant to say
>>
>>28850025
>>28850049

Jesus, you are right. There's nothing on this aircraft.
>>
>>28843811
Si Ego Certiorem Faciam...
>>
>>28850168
We have procedures in place, theres a lot of shit people in the squadron won't even know about, when you go into the compound, which is a triple 16ft fence with razor wire and CCTV on every other lamp post, you go into the building where you surrender all electronics and go through a microwave body scanner, then the ops room is literally a vault, I'm talking a 1ft thick steel door.

And that was when I visited BEFORE 14Sqn moved in there.
>>
>>28850265

I can only imagine what fun you crabs get up to.

Got a mate who has recently signed up, he's going through General Service Training right now I think.
>>
>>28850311
Theres lots of stuff I can talk about with regards to other stuff though, if you have any questions
>>
>>28850345

hah

I'd love too but my lack of sleep is getting the better of me, I'm sure this thread will be here tomorrow though
>>
File: muffled ayyy lmao.jpg (14KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
muffled ayyy lmao.jpg
14KB, 600x450px
>>28843811
I was in the area and spotted this a few years ago
>>
>>28846661
So people don't slip through the cracks?
>>
>>28847858
I heard either apache helicopters or Abram tanks can run on anything in a pinch. Doesn't this include water logged dhel?
>>
>>28851345
they can run on a number of flammable liquids, water isn't flammable
>>
>>28851438
>water isn't flammable
>never threw white phosphorus into water
>>
51 has been confirmed to exist by the clinton administration. So that they could denigh the health claims of contractors and employees who were exposed to toxic waste.

Turns out a secret base generates a lot of trash and the military solution was to burn it all.
>>
>>28843811
I worked at an area called Camp Copperhead somewhere in Africa. It was home to a joint-services schoolhouse for domestic and foreign intelligence officials that worked closely with American combat units. Nothing exciting or cool ever happened there, it was the worst post ever.
>>
>>28851528
2 P + 3 H2O --> PH3 + H3PO3
The water isnt burning (thermal decompositon), the phosphorus is undergoing hydrogenation and giving off heat as a result
>>
>>28843811

>lit
>>
Area 51 is literally where we test new plane designs, mostly engines.

We don't tell anyone what's in it because China and Russia (and Iran for some weird reason) are obsessed with copy-pasting every damn thing we develop instead of coming up with their own shit.
>>
>>28843811
Father went to the Nevada Test site and teh base "Area 51" is on (Area 51 isn't the whole base, it's a part of it) for some NBC training, but he didn't see shit.
>>
>>28843811

The base I'm currently at is TS, way out in the desert, and is largely underground.

Strange rumblings and shit are common.
>>
Can anyone confirm nor deny that there may or may not be projects involving plasma in other uses than lighting/displays, combustion or electric arcs?

I would like to create a plasma sleeve around a dragon dildo.
>>
>>28851301
they are probably aware of the fact that they would disappear if they let anything important out.
>>
>>28845642
exo skeleton suits are the future of warfare, along with hyper sonic half hour anywhere missiles, and space based weapons platform, space being dominated mainly by the USA. USA will dominate this next century and most countries will either be kissing US ass or getting btfo by the US.
>>
>>28843811
Was on one in Nevada for a week. When we finished our shit we'd eat at the mess hall and get to fuck around in the courtyard of whatever building that had us in until around 7pm. At 7 we'd go to rooms and they'd literally lock the doors and block the windows for the night. Shit was pretty cash since we each got out own rooms and all the Cinemax we could want.
>>
>>28849778
>I'm talking signals gathering and information warfare, as well as ground scanning radar target tracking
not surprising
you guys have had that shit together since WW2 when you started messing with the Krauts
>>
>>28851301
I'm sure some do, but the threat of knowing what happens if they do is enough to keep those kind of people in line.

We're not talking about Wikileaks-tier stuff, we're talking about cutting edge shit so advanced and secret that the US government would make you and your entire family disappear for leaking it.
>>
>>28852927
The stuff I learnt about when I started my role even I was amazed at, and I'd done a lot of research before joining
>>
File: 1387478516608.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1387478516608.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>28847990
>friction.

come on man
>>
Why the hell don't they tell the president about this place?
>>
>>28853147
Maybe because he's just some political flunkie who is going to be gone in four (or eight) years.
>>
>>28853147
The president isn't necessarily required to know most of what goes on in the military; while the president basically has the highest possible security clearance you could need, he is still only fed information on need to know basis. Though I can imagine, since he's the president, the definition of 'need' can be pretty loose.

It would NOT be loose with high level national secrets. If he knows about anything at that level, it would probably be for a good reason. That being said, pretty much everyone knows about area 51.
>>
>>28852724
>USA WILL DOMINATE SPACE
>USA can't get into space without Russian help.
>Every large military power has the capability to shoot down satellites.
>>
>>28853278
Didn't he Prez authorize some new "super sekrit" helicopter in the hunt for Bin Laden's compound?

Didn't the seals say that they had some shit they used that they couldn't talk about?
>>
>>28854807
You mean that prototype stealth blackhawk?
>>
>>28854857
Was that it? I know one crashed and they had to "nuke" it so people wouldn't get the tech.

Also why is it that if there are "alien encounters " there is usually some military base close by?

Is it the military dudes just fucking around on civis, or is it aliens scouting us?
>>
>>28844307
I think something like 86% or 87% of Nevada is owned by the US Govt and controlled by the various branches of the US military.

Nah. They just build a rather large set of hangers over the last 5 years. It's still in use. It's also more or less run by private companies, but it's on military land. It's not uncommon for senior officers within the big defense companies to make trips out to bases like Area 51 for projects they're a part of, even if it's a relatively small supply deal for some non-secret part or component that's needed for a secret project. C-level executives at these companies probably make fairly regular trips considering the money involved in these projects.

Work is done during the day, testing done at night. Testing is also restricted by spy satellite overflights by foreign nations.
>>
>>28855563
So is this one dick waving competition?
America builds something, releases it, China/Russia builds something bigger to show they can.

Of course they will have hidden cameras to peep and see what your dick looks like before they reveal theirs.
>>
I actually do know someone who was transferred there before. It's nothing special, just an AFB. There are tons of other bases in Nevada like it, and even some military towns. The only reason it has so much security is because everyone wants to get in to it.
>>
>>28853099
Anything you can share?
>>
>>28855876
Ask questions and I'll answer them if i can, but basically the capability we have for tracking targets and gathering information was way more advanced than i had realised, see >>28850025
>>
>>28855935
Ok, specifically what suprised you? As in what did you think was not possible but now know to be possible.
>>
File: 19.jpg (177KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
19.jpg
177KB, 600x360px
>>28855977
I cant say much on the capabilities, but the scope of operations, and how often these missions are flown surprised me. I was under the impression that they would be flown on an 'as required' basis, but they are up there almost 24/7 so they can react quickly if needed
>>
The US now uses the Australian outback for testing from what I've read.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 236x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 236x210px
>>28843811
I was at camp parks, CA for training. Drank a bunch over there and kept passing condemned buildings on base while going to chow

I went to one of the underground fallout shelters and started getting dizzy and short of breath and my heart was racing and my head felt cold got back to my barracks and relaxed was that methane poisoning or something more dangerous?
The used to do testing on plantlife and other shit with radiation to examine the effects over there
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.