[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legendary Soldiers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 24

File: Larry_Thorne.jpg (20KB, 205x276px) Image search: [Google]
Larry_Thorne.jpg
20KB, 205x276px
I don't recall ever seeing anyone on here bring up Larry Thorne...
>Served in Finnish Army during Winter War
>Served with Waffen SS
>Escaped multiple prison camps
>Snuck into US
>Served in US Special Forces in Vietnam
>>
>>28734465
Solid man. I see he was airborne and an officer. Impressive.
>>
>>28734465
You forgot
>then turned into an awful song
>>
File: 800px-JBeyrlePOW.jpg (179KB, 800x1247px) Image search: [Google]
800px-JBeyrlePOW.jpg
179KB, 800x1247px
Joseph Beyrle.
>Only American to serve with US ARMY and RED ARMY
>Also quite the escape artist
>>
File: Ivor_Thord-Gray.jpg (6KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
Ivor_Thord-Gray.jpg
6KB, 270x270px
>Participated in 13 different wars on multiple continents
>Had mustache
>>
>>28734588
>then turned into an awesome song
Fixed it for ya.
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 640x1136px
>>28734465
>In February 1943 Yamasaki became commanding officer of the 2nd District Force of the North Sea Defense Force, the capacity in which he went to the Aleutians. He arrived on Attu in April 1943 by submarine. His orders were to hold the island without outside help.

>The 2,650 defenders under Yamasaki did not contest the American landings on Attu but rather dug in on high ground away from the shore. The battle produced some of the bloodiest fighting in the Pacific Theatre, similar to the battles of Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

>On May 29, the last of the Japanese forces suddenly attacked near Massacre Bay in one of the largest banzai charges of the Pacific campaign. The charge was led by Yamasaki himself, who was killed later that day, sword in hand, assaulting Engineer Hill. His attack penetrated American lines far enough to encounter shocked rear-echelon units of the American force. After furious, brutal, close-quarter, and often hand-to-hand combat, the entire Japanese force was killed almost to the last man: only 28 prisoners were taken, none of them an officer.
>>
File: Sergeant_Stubby.jpg (46KB, 574x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sergeant_Stubby.jpg
46KB, 574x480px
Cant' forget about Sgt. Stubby
>Probable PTSD from mustard gas attack
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 500x646px
Earned a VC in the Great War, never mentioned it during his autobiography so the publisher had to add in a section where it listed his awards

>Despite all his wounds in the war, Carton de Wiart said at the end: "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war...."

Was later part of the British mission to Poland during the Polish-Soviet War, became close with the Polish top brass and other foreign officers like Charles de Gualle and became fond of their struggle, urging Lloyd George to send supplies to Poland at no avail. He later survived a plane crash and was captured by the Lithuanians, after his release he convinced Winston Churchill to persuade Lloyd George to send materials to Poland

> At one time during his Warsaw stay he was a second in a duel between Polish members of the Mysliwski Club, the other second being Baron Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim, later commander-in-chief of Finnish armies in World War II and President of Finland

>On 27 July 1920, Carton de Wiart was appointed an Aide-de-camp to the King, and brevetted to colonel.[28] He was active in August 1920, when the Red Army were at the gates of Warsaw. While out on his observation train, he was attacked by a group of Red cavalry, and fought them off with his revolver from the footplate of his train, at one point falling on the track and re-boarding quickly.

After the war was over, he settled in Poland owning a large hunting estate on a island in the Polish marshlands a few miles from the Soviet border

>In this location Carton de Wiart spent the rest of the interwar years. In his memoirs he said "I think I shot every day of those 15 years I spent in the marshes and the pleasure never palled". He returned to England for three months each year during the winter, returning in time for the breaking up of the ice on the frozen lakes and rivers.

The perfect military gentleman
>>
>>28734635
>Joseph Beyrle
thought that pic was a joke
>>
File: Howard, Robert L 3-2-71.jpg (177KB, 1618x1997px) Image search: [Google]
Howard, Robert L 3-2-71.jpg
177KB, 1618x1997px
>>28734465
>>
>>28734465

cool guy and all but you have to have discovered /k/ fifteen seconds before posting this thread to have never seen Lauri Torni getting discussed on /k/
>>
>fought in every single US conflict since Korea
>still snapping necks and cashing checks to this day

Y'all niggas ain't got nothing on Billy 'muthafuckin' WAAAAGH
>>
>>28734923
>Go innatrench in WWI
>Find a dog
>It fucking out-ranks you
>You are a subordinate to a dog.
>>
>>28734923
During the Yangtze Crisis, Able Seacat Simon was awarded the Dickins Medal for 'remaining at his post despite horrific injuries, Simon assisted damage control teams in the recovery of the wounded. Later during the siege, Simon personally led efforts to curb a rodent infestation aboard the Amethyst."
>>
File: Punished (Venom) Waugh.jpg (454KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Punished (Venom) Waugh.jpg
454KB, 1280x960px
>>28735036
Boss...
>>
File: Red Cloud.jpg (23KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
Red Cloud.jpg
23KB, 250x357px
>>28734465
>Be Red Cloud
>Young Indian on the plains
>Doing Indian things
>You know, killing Pawnee and Crow, stealing their herds, hearing the lamentations of their women
>#justsiouxthings
>Get really good at it
>Earn mad respect and loyalty from my bros
>Whitey tries to step into my territory
>Aw hell no you didn't
>Get all the Lakota boys together
>Cheyenne and Arapaho tag along too
>Time to go to war with America
>Bows and Arrows versus Civil War Veterans
>Just another Indian War amiright?
>Intense guerrilla warfare begins
>Just fuck up all their shit
>Pick up this kid Crazy Horse as a protege
>Teach him how to fuck whitey's shit up
>You want to cut hay for your livestock?
>Fuck you, have an Indian Ambush
>Wagon train heading to Montana?
>It's mine now, bitch.
>Americans need to fetch water?
>Here, have more arrows.
>Cutting down trees for your fort?
>I'm raiding your sawmill and your lumber wagons
>And I'm doing it whenever I feel like
>Which is all the time
>Sending out 81 of your best troops with all your Spencers and Henrys to save your lumber wagons?
>asianboythatlookslikegirl.gif
>Yeah, that's Crazy Horse waving his bare ass at all you big tough soldiers
>Go on, you're big boys, you can take him
>Jokes on you, I hid over 1000 Indians in a fucking field!
>How did you not notice 1000 Indians waiting in ambush?
>Every single one of you bluecoat fucks is gonna die
>Then we're gonna scalp you, cut your dicks off, and pull out your innards
>It's gonna be so bad the government suppresses their report for twenty years
>And I'm gonna keep going for two more years
>When America surrenders
>>
>>28735598
t. long foot
>>
>>28734588
This
>>
>>28735188
bad
ass
>>
File: Aleksandra_Samusenko,_1943.jpg (40KB, 301x450px) Image search: [Google]
Aleksandra_Samusenko,_1943.jpg
40KB, 301x450px
>>28734465
>You will never have a Russian Tank Battalion Commander waifu

I don't want to live anymore..... ;_;
>>
>>28736561
Imagine how much dick she must have taken.
>>
>>28736561
>>28736612
Imagine how wet, sweaty, musty and damp her pussy must of been after a day of combat patrols
>>
>>28734974
5 Purple Hearts !
>>
lurk more, he's practically a patron saint of /k/
>>
>>28736677
he had a total of 8 anon
>>
File: desert.jpg (115KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
desert.jpg
115KB, 500x334px
>>28734974
Many of us in the Infantry know about Robert Howard. He isn't that obscure.
>>
>>28734974
Pog
>>
>>28737627
Is that an insult? I don't know what pog means. Is it the same as pogue?

These new terms have me running.
>>
>>28734465
Lauri Törni gets mentioned more than any other soldier on this forum. Get real.
>>
File: 1448239103206.jpg (1MB, 2963x4192px) Image search: [Google]
1448239103206.jpg
1MB, 2963x4192px
>>28736660
I will never know that level of bonding with a qt3.14 TC
>>
File: be-AdrianCartonDeWiart.jpg (163KB, 462x776px) Image search: [Google]
be-AdrianCartonDeWiart.jpg
163KB, 462x776px
>>28734946
>Carton de Wiart

That would be Lieutenant General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO to you, sonny boy!
Respect her majesty's etiquette. ;)

You forgot to mention a lot of things. Like him biting/pulling off his own fingers to get back into the fight after his arm was wounded and the field surgeons refused to amputate.

Also escaped his POW camp and somehow remained undetected for a long while although he didn't speak the native tongue and looked like a fucking pirate.

He also swam for a mile to get ashore after a plane crash, with one arm and being wounded to the head.

His contemporaries suspected he was the bastard son of Leopold II. Yes, that murderous son of a bitch.
>>
Simo Häyhä
>>
Duane hackney. Mother Fucking Vietnam era PJ.
>>
File: 2ujgjeq.png (156KB, 452x302px) Image search: [Google]
2ujgjeq.png
156KB, 452x302px
First Sergeant Funk

Medal of Honor

He was captured but decided to say fuck it. He just grabbed a machine pistol out of the hands of a German and mowed them down. LOL

Gimme that! Brrrrapppp!

God Bless the 82nd Airborne and 1SG Funk.
>>
File: Lebed1980A.jpg (216KB, 664x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lebed1980A.jpg
216KB, 664x900px
>>
Adrian von Folkersam

>early August 1942, a Brandenburger Commando unit of 62 Baltic and Sudeten Germans led by von Fölkersam penetrated farther into enemy territory than any other German unit. They had been ordered to seize and secure the vital Maikop oilfields. Disguised as men of the dreaded Soviet security police, the NKVD, and driving Soviet trucks, Fölkersam's unit passed through the Soviet front lines and moved deep into hostile territory. The Commandos ran into a large group of Red Army deserters fleeing from the front. Fölkersam saw an opportunity to use them to the unit's advantage. By persuading them to return to the Soviet cause, he was able to join with them and move almost at will through the Russian lines.

>Operating under the false identity of NKVD Major Truchin, based in Stalingrad, Fölkersam explained his role in recovering the deserters to the Soviet commander in charge of Maikop's defences. The commander not only believed Fölkersam, but the next day gave him a personal tour of the city's defenses. By August 8, the German spearheads were only 12 miles away and the Brandenburgers made their move. Using grenades to simulate an artillery attack, they knocked out the military communications centre for the city. Fölkersam then went to the Russian defenders and told them that a withdrawal was taking place. Having seen Fölkersam with their commander and lacking any communications to rebut or confirm his statement, the Soviets began to evacuate Maikop. The German spearhead entered the city without a fight on August 9, 1942.

Picture related Von Folkersam (center right) with Otto Skorzeny (center left) inspecting Budapest which they pacified without resorting to a Warsaw razing.
>>
>>28737821

"I know now that the ideal soldier is the man who fights for his country because it is fighting, and for no other reason. Causes, politics and ideologies are better left to the historians"

Truly a legend in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield
>>
>>28738544

Russia was two steps away from getting him as president in 1996.
>dat voice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Za390wC-cY
>>
>>28736561

my first gf looked almost exactly like her.
>>
>>28734465
You don't recall? In the past week alone we've had multiple threads that started with him, and God knows how many in the past month. Lurk more faggot
>>
>>28734465
Because he was was just an efficient killer and not a leader. A good fighter who wanted to blend in with the guys. Demonstrated little to no leadership,.
>>
File: Bazooka_Charlie.jpg (45KB, 514x293px) Image search: [Google]
Bazooka_Charlie.jpg
45KB, 514x293px
>>28734465
(Back then still) Major Charles Carpenter.

Strapped bazookas to his Piper Cub's wing struts and went tank hunting, because being an artillery observer wasn't enough, not giving any fucks he was flying in a slow airplane about as armored as a cardboard box.
>>
>>28734465
Were you born yesterday? There are threads on him almost every week. Pay better attention.
>>
Possibly off to a tangent, but were there any soldiers who served in both the World Wars?
>>
>>28734588
This desu senpai
>>
File: 1453161648673.jpg (184KB, 964x905px) Image search: [Google]
1453161648673.jpg
184KB, 964x905px
>>28735059
I wouldn't have been the slightest bit surprised
>>
File: 1377163078374.gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1377163078374.gif
2MB, 300x170px
>>28735774
>>28741081
>>28734588
git the fuck out
>>
File: 493px-Sherman_-_1.jpg (49KB, 493x599px) Image search: [Google]
493px-Sherman_-_1.jpg
49KB, 493x599px
>>28737753
it is, new age REMF
>>
>>28735188
>the cat already knew it outranked you, but is pleased that you have now recognized that fact
>>
>>28739239
It is flattering that such a man would possibly see me as an ideal soldier
>>
>>28735036

>At the age of 71, Waugh participated in Operation Enduring Freedom as a member of the CIA team led by Gary Schroen that went into Afghanistan to work with the Northern Alliance to topple the Taliban regime and Al Qaeda at the Battle of Tora Bora. Waugh was in-country from October to December 2001. Waugh spent many years being both a "Blue Badger" (employee) and a "Green Badger" (contractor). He continues to work as a "Green Badger". It is unknown how many missions Waugh was involved in during his career.

>at the age of 71

Fucking christ.
>>
>>28735036
>>28735246
>>28741261

>yfw it was actually Waugh who killed Osama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
>>
>>28734781
>tfw we killed off all of the real japanese men
>>
>>28734974

Most decorated US soldier IIRC. Had 3 medal of honor citations with the first two turned down due to OPEC of the missions.
>>
>>28741070
I don't know of any particularly famous ones, but they certainly existed. Just google "soldiers in both world wars" and you'll find numerous accounts of soldiers who enlisted at a young age toward the end of WW1 and fought again in WW2.
>>
>>28739239
>>28737821
>>28734946

>you will never enjoy cucumber sandwiches and tea with this man while he reminisces about how no pistol ever shot quite like his old Webley
>>
File: Ernst Junger.jpg (30KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ernst Junger.jpg
30KB, 201x300px
Based Ernst Junger. If you haven't read his War Diaries Storm of Steel, you're missing out. He's not one of those anti-war pessimists. He loved the Great War. He loved every goddamn moment of it no matter how horrifying it was.

>“Leaving out trifles such as ricochets and grazes, I was hit at least fourteen times, these being five bullets, two shell splinters, one shrapnel ball, four hand-grenade splinters and two bullet splinters, which, with entry and exit wounds, left me an even twenty scars.”

>"There was in these men a quality that both emphasized the savagery of war and transfigured it at the same time: an objective relish for danger, the chevalieresque urge to prevail in battle. Over four years, the fire smelted an ever-purer, ever-bolder warriorhood"

>"In war you learn your lessons, and they stay learned, but the tuition fees are high."
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.