[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Ownership In California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 10

File: CA.jpg (101KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CA.jpg
101KB, 600x400px
Will be moving to California for a job. What firearm restrictions will I need to be aware of before moving there? Trying to figure out which guns I'll need to "get rid of" (hide)
>>
go home atf jamal is fucking your wife
>>
>>28691805
You don't have to get rid of anything, as long as you don't have NFA items.

If you have centerfire rifles with a pistol grip, you'll need to put a bullet button on them.

If you have standard cap (over 10 round) magazines, then you can have them, but they need to stay disassembled. If you want to use them without getting boned by the law, pin them off to 10 rounds.

The handgun roster blows, but that only applies to new sales.
>>
>>28691805
Ten round limit on long guns
Magazines must be fixed or only removable with a tool
No pistol grips
Probably a bunch of other stupid bullshit. Why don't you just Google it?
>>
The list is too long for any one of us to give an exhaustive answer, but here goes.

Get rid of your mags that hold more than 10 rounds.
Attach bullet buttons (look it up) to any long gun that takes detachable mags (unless it's just gonna sit around your house).

Pistol mags can only hold 10 as well.

No open carry ever, concealed permits are damned hard to get.

Shotguns are relatively unrestricted.

That's sort of the basics but there's so much more.
>>
>>28691805

>living in California

>enjoying firearms ownership

Choose one
>>
>>28691805
You'll need to register everything with the Califailia DOJ.

As for what specific hoops you'll have to jump through re: make, model, and feature, consult Calguns.net. They're wonderful for navigating our slave state's byzantine gun laws... and frankly, that's all those gutless sheep are good for.
>>
File: scr15.jpg (83KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
scr15.jpg
83KB, 900x600px
>>28691842
>Magazines must be fixed or only removable with a tool
>No pistol grips
obviously not a california gun owner

If you have a .22 you can have a mag release with a pistol grip. If you want a pistol grip you have to use a bullet button. If you want a mag release you'll have to get one of those gay AR stocks. Pic related is sort of an AR, but it is more or less a gun that takes AR uppers.
>>
>>28691863
>If you want a pistol grip you have to use a bullet button.
On a centerfire rifle. That's the key part.
>>
>>28691863
>obviously not a california gun owner
I thank God for that every day.
>>
>>28691863
not gonna lie i kind of want that stock and i live in a free state
>>
>>28691846
>Get rid of your mags that hold more than 10 rounds.
He doesn't have to get rid of them, only leave th em disassembled or pin them off.
>Attach bullet buttons (look it up) to any long gun that takes detachable mags
As stated before, you can have a mag release on a "featureless" non pistol grip, centerfire rifle.
>>
>>28691846
>Pistol mags can only hold 10 as well.
So my 15 round Walther is pretty much illegal there? Unbelievable...
>>
>>28691842

>Ten round limit on long guns
>Magazines must be fixed or only removable with a tool
>No pistol grips

"I have no idea what I'm talking about" - the post
>>
>>28691898

He said "get rid of" jokingly, so I kinda went that way. I didn't know about the featureless thing though thanks for that.
>>
>>28691919
Just pin it off or take it apart and buy some 10 round mags
>>
>>28691898
importing 10+ mags in assembled or disassmbled form is illegal and has been since 2014
>>
>>28691894
Me too, although I'd want it in wood furniture.
Don't know why "fudd" guns make my peepee feel funny but they do.
>>
File: skittles.jpg (244KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
skittles.jpg
244KB, 640x480px
>>28691805
Would /k/ donate to a Gofundme to fund an operation to rescue trapped kommandos in CA and get them set up in another state? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>28691922
For real, the only thing worse than California gun laws is California gun owners.
>>
>>28691992
If someone out of state wants to room with me, stuck in San Diego right now and need to leave soon, I'm going crazy.
>>
>>28691992
I'm (hopefully) getting out of here by the end of the year. Just figure it out, if you were really determined you could do it.
>>
>>28691961
yeah that would be pretty excellent
wood furniture is best furniture
>>
>>28691894
same
>>
>>28691863
Is it bad I want one of these?
>>
>>28691825
You haven't heard then.
Commiefornia now wants to ban the bullet button, all rifle magazines must be fixed to the rifles.
>>
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/01/21/another-california-bill-would-ban-bullet-button-weapons/

California wants to ban the bullet button.
>>
>>28692054
I have heard. It isn't banned yet, and I don't know if they'll be able to push it through.

Honestly we need to set up a project to get a bill on the ballot. That's how they were able to defeat the stupid gay marriage bullshit.

If they're able to do that on the ballot, then surely we can get enough signatures to put an AWB repeal on the ballot.
>>
>>28692002
That's what the operation would help with. /k/ommandoes from CA would get picked up and brought back to a sponsoring /k/omrade's location.

>refugee kommando wants to leave CA
>signs up for the /k/ Adopt-an-Anon program
>driver-komrade takes a van(or surplus military vehicle) to pick up refugee-komrade and his gear
>drops refugee-komrade at sponsor-komrade's location
>sponsor-komrade is paid by program to assist with refugee-komrade's expenses for a period of no longer than 1 month (sponsor-komrade can choose to continue to room with refuge kommando afterwards, but will not be reimbursed after 1 month, must work out between themselves)

>>28692013
Not for me, I don't like in CA. I was thinking something like a non-profit to help trapped anons who want to be free
>>
>>28692111
I'll suck your cock for a box of .22lr or 7.62x54r
>>
>>28692087
Okay so we need somewhere in the ballpark of 600k signatures to put a bill on the ballot. That's a gofundme worth putting together. Why hasn't the NRA or even calguns tried to put this together?
>>
>>28692148
This seems easy to at least get it on the ballot. there are surely more than 600k gunowners in california.
>>
>>28691805
you basically can't own any pistols. and if they get there way you cant own neutered ARs by the end of the year. i for one wont be registering anything and will be leaving this shit hole as soon as possible.
>>
>>28692148
calguns can get a bit divided on issues, which is kind of shit. NRA? I feel like the NRA has given up on california and really just throws us a small bone now and again.
>>
>>28692087
>the stupid gay marriage bullshit
...was 'defeated' by a faggot Federal judge who proceeded to marry his boyfriend. Prop 8 passed by popular referendum. Not that it matters now.

>>28692148
Because the NRA has (perhaps justifiably) given up on California and because the people at Calguns are a bunch of gutless pussies, as I said.
>>
>>28692196
yeah calguns is really strange when you see how apathetic they are about the gun laws here, and they will shit all over people that violate the retarded law here and circle jerk how the one guy was so smart to figure out the bullet button.
>>
>>28692222
I do give them credit on the bullet button, I just fucking wished they kept at the middle finger spirit to CA gun laws.
But no.
What's another big CA gun owner group? I know Calguns being pretty big, but I kind of want one that's more focused.
>>
>>28692185
Wat.
>>
>>28692002
Shut it, faggot. I just had to shovel 30 inches of snow. So enjoy that year-round 70 degree weather.
>>
>>28692510
Hey, I've had to shovel snow in Cali too.

Mountain lyfe best lyfe.
>>
>>28692448
i am from california. The DOJ registry now demands that all manufactured pistols have micro stamping firing pins and and all kinds of other shit. none of the manufacturers are willing to make compliant pistols so california isn't getting any brand new shit anymore. "assault weapons" even those with a bullet button are at risk right now because of several proposed laws. I own an Ar-15 with a bulletbutton and i would have to register it as an assault weapon to be grandfathered under the laws they are proposing.
>>
>>28692722
I'm from California too, you said you basically can't own any pistols.

This is far from true.
>>
>>28692755
the level of bullshit involved with it is increasing.
but OP was saying he is moving into the state. he can't bring noncompliant hand guns into the state. which is all of the ones he owns.
>>
>>28692781
but you can. you just can't purchase them. you can however have firearms younalready own transferred by an ffl (this is actually what you're supposed to do, but i've only ever heard of one person actually doing it)
>>
>>28692781
>he can't bring noncompliant hand guns into the state
OP here. How risky is it to hide non-compliant guns in CA? I suppose the only way the law would find out is if I had to use it in a home invasion or something? Just don't feel like selling some of my favorites...
>>
>>28692828
See >>28692804
>>
>>28692804
>>28692828
>>28692850
http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#25

You are considered to be a personal handgun importer as defined by California law. You may bring all of your otherwise California-legal firearms with you, but you must report all of your handguns to the DOJ within 60 days as required utilizing the New Resident Handgun Ownership Report, pdf. You are not required to report rifles or shotguns. You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a capacity greater than ten rounds, machineguns, or assault weapons into California.
this is changing with the new laws and you wont be able to import and register noncompliant handguns now.
>>
>>28692887
>You may not bring ammunition feeding devices with a capacity greater than ten rounds
So I have to get rid of my 15 round mags, essentially leaving me with guns which are oddly large for their new capacity (10)...
>>
>>28692954
yes reconsider moving here. it is shit.
>>
>>28692828
OP, to simplify this clusterfuck of a thread.

>You can bring any handgun you want to CA, you just cannot have functioning mags with a capacity over 10rnds.

>If you have any NFA firearms, either sell them or store them with family in your current state.

>If you are bringing any rifle or shotgun(not tube fed) with a pistol grip AND detachable magazine, you will need to install a bullet button on it. It takes about 2 minutes to install and costs about 10-30 dollars depending on the type you get.

>Mag limit here is 10rnds, so if you have anything over that limit, disassemble it, or hide it and never take it to the range.

>Firearms cannot be opened carry in most of the populated areas of the state. Long guns do not have to be in a case when transporting in your vehicle. Handguns have to be transported in a locked container, such as the trunk of your car, or a locked gun case. Leave magazines unloaded and separate from ammo as a general guideline(some LEOs dont know the specifics of firearm laws, so try not to do anything stupid to get your car searched).

You can still get pretty much every long gun while in california, dependant on if the gun store is willing to ship it.

For handguns, if you want a brand new one, you are stuck choosing from the handgun roster, just google california handgun roster.

So if I were you, I would buy any handgun youve had your eye on before you move over to CA, otherwise your SOL on getting it, unless youre gonna buy it through a private sale with some LEO who will overcharge you by 3-500 dollars.

The rules to purchase guns are:

>Long guns, Drivers license, firearms safety certificate(25-30$ taken in the store, takes 5 minutes). Then you purchase the gun in full, or put a deposit, and then you wait 10 days to pick it up.

>Handguns, Drivers license, firearm safety certificate, proof of state residency(car registration, utilities bill, lease agreement), pay for the gun, and then wait 10 days to pick it up.
>>
>>28692954
You better have a pretty good job, and you better GTFO the same week you finish it.
>>
>>28691992
Cant wait to escape. Get us out of here!
>>
>>28691894
I'm with you on that. But I want to see the look with a 30 round magazine
>>
>>28693015
>you just cannot have functioning mags with a capacity over 10rnds.
So if a cop finds an empty 15 round mag in my nightstand drawer, he can arrest me? That's lunacy.
>>
>>28693071
Why would he be in your house, and digging around in the first place?
>>
>>28693090
Hypothetical situation
>>
>>28693071
Doh ho ho. Welcome to the Left Coast.
>>
>>28691805
just wait till a republican gets elected and overturns all the magazine restrictions.
>>
>>28693015
>such as the trunk of your car

you fucking idiot this is specifically illegal. it has to be in a locking box or bag that is not your trunk glove box or center console.
>>
>>28693071
He wouldnt arrest you, he would just give you a warning, since you would have explained you were new to this state anyways.
>>
>>28693100
This is sarcasm yes?
>>
>>28693100
Any Republican elected in CA probably isn't a legit conservative
>>
>>28693100
>>28693115
i think he means a president
>>
>>28693105
copied from CA website

Transporting Firearms in California
HANDGUNS

>Pursuant to California Penal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, may transport by motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container
>>
>>28693111
>>28693115
I mean president. Any of the leading republican candidates said they will undo any sort of magazine capacity or specific types of gun bans.
>>
>>28693128
woops forgot link

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel
>>
File: 1418406152923.png (245KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1418406152923.png
245KB, 595x842px
>>28693132
Oh you're serious. Here's a smug anime girl.
>>
Doesn't NYC have a 7 round limit?

LOLOLOLOL
>>
>>28693158
thanks, I love anime.

Trump 2016
>>
>>28693015
>If you are bringing any rifle or shotgun(not tube fed) with a pistol grip AND detachable magazine, you will need to install a bullet button on it.
If it's a rimfire (.22) rifle you do not need to put a bullet button on it.

I appreciate you summing up this thread, and everything else you are saying is correct. But you can have a pistol grip with a mag release IF it's .22.

Theoretically though, if you had a rifle that shot 5.56 with a rimfire cartridge (along with the rimfire cartridges that don't exist) you'd be good to go.
>>
>>28693171
Good catch, I forgot to put that one down
>>
>>28693171
Just looked it up and it appears one company actually makes .17 hmr uppers.
>>
i want to point out there are specific named assult weapons that are illegal to import and no amount of bullet button installation will make it ca legal
the list is on the second page
https://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

if youve got one of those guns leave it in storage outside ca or sell it
>>
>>28692722
>I own an Ar-15 with a bulletbutton and i would have to register it as an assault weapon to be grandfathered under the laws they are proposing.
wait, would that allow it to not need a bullet button if registered?
>>
I honestly cannot tell what is worse. Living in Cuckifornia or in Canada.

Pros for Canada:
-can have detachable mags
-can have pistol grips
-no import bans
-no registry
-basically no mag restrictions at all if .22

Pros for California:
-can maybe get carry permit (no handgun carry in Canada)
-10rnd centrefire mag (we have 5)
-can have a variety of rifles that we cannot, as RCMP is allowed to arbitrarily ban scary looking guns.
-can have suppressors(?) Unless I am mistaken.

What would you gents pick?
>>
>>28693467
>can have suppressors
No.

I'd rather live in California because it means I'm a US citizen.
>>
>>28693467
>-can maybe get carry permit (no handgun carry in Canada)
Depends. If you live in a rural county, fine. If you live inna city, nope.

>-can have a variety of rifles that we cannot, as RCMP is allowed to arbitrarily ban scary looking guns.
So is the Califailia state legislature, these days. Plus the lead ammo hunting ban, plus the 21-day seizure of your guns on the mere accusation of being dangerous, and so forth.

>-can have suppressors(?) Unless I am mistaken.
You are. No Class III items in this slave state.

>What would you gents pick?
None of the above.
>>
>>28691851
we have the most gun owners in the country. But they are all pussies when it comes to fighting the state. It's really hard convincing liberal californians that they should repeal a magazine capacity limit. "30 caliber clip rounds per second, i need them bro, just vote yes please"
>>
>>28693467

no suppressor's in california, but the rest of the NFA minus a few goodies is possible though unlikely, maybe changing with the CLEO thing that got passed?
>>
>>28693482
>rolls eyes
Yeah, real good input there, chum.
"I'd rather pick america, because MURRICA."
Great contribution.
>>
I wonder how many 80% lowers have been sold to Californians.
I also wonder if the owners here would be cucked enough to surrender their actual invisible guns if asked to.
>>
>>28693512
Thanks, I know you wouldn't really get it since you're Canadian, but I prefer a place with a constitution that guarantees my right to bear arms, and the ability to easily cross into any state, freely, should I choose to do so. I'm not trapped in California at all, I don't know why any moron thinks they are, I can go anywhere I want at any time and have access to anything I want, I just want this job far more than I want a gat.
>>
>>28693493
Oh. Then carry is pretty much the same. Permits in Canada are only issued to armoured car drivers, and folks that live and work in deep bear country.

And as an example, the RCMP banned the G11. Seriously. Like a group of criminals were going to show up and start hosing people down with caseless ammo. That is how out of touch they are.

Good to know about the suppressors. Sad, but interesting. There is a movement to get the ban lifted up here, and we WERE making a bit of headway until Trudeau got elected. Now it looks unlikely.

And sure, I would love to move to a free state, but a) healthcare, b) no job skills to move, as I am a security guard, and c) wife has been flagged to not enter the states, as she went to college in Texas and had a warrant out on her when she came back to Canada.
>>
>>28693575
The problem with CA permits is that the decision is ultimately up to the Sheriff and/or Chief of Police depending on county.
In some blue hell chance that a county say, San Francisco, somehow gets an ultra pro-2A sheriff AND Police Chief elected, then they would be passing out permits like candy.

But yes, the more rural counties have the more level headed people in charge, so they usually get easier permit acceptance.
>>
>>28692111
trips demand it

Would also take a kickstarter for armed separation of the sovereign state of Jefferson
>>
>>28693545
Oh, I get it. Just saying it was a pointless response. Like someone saying "would you rather get kicked in the nuts or poked in the eyes" and you went "NEITHER". You aren't really playing the game, just being a twat.

I bet you were that kid. The one where when all of you were playing pretend with toy guns, you just did whatever you wanted and said "NUH UH. YOU DIDN'T HIT ME I HAVE A SHIELD".
Noone likes that kid, anon. They're no fun.
>>
>>28693622
I bet you're that adult that never grew up and understood black and white doesn't exist.
>>
>>28693615
Same here but it is up to the CFO. Of which there is only one per province. Proguns CFOs are extremely rare, but the Ontario one right now is pretty ok. Still unlikely to get a carry permit, but at least they are willing to listen.

So if a californian went out to the boonies and got a CC license, would it still be valid in the cities? Is the permit state-wide?
>>
>>28693661
It's valid state wide, but you need to apply for it where you live if I am not mistaken.
>>
>>28693575
Out of sheer curiousity, why did you wife have a warrant?
>>
>>28693458
they are banning bulletbuttons and making it so you have to have a fixed magazine.
>>
>>28693676
Hah. Assault charge.
I love that woman.

She kicked some fat rich cunt's ass down there at a party.
Came back, got her credits transferred and finished school up here. Is now a fancypants respectable businesswoman. I am her armcandy.
>>
Don't move to Cali anon. Just got out.

Unless your living it up on the coast making a metric shit ton of cash, your gonna hate it.

Just moved to a free state 3 years ago. All aspects of my life are better
>>
>>28693696
well, it's too bad I lost my AR in an acid accident. It just fell into some acid and I couldn't find a way to take it out. RIP in peace AR.
>>
>>28693696
If they ban the bullet button I have an idea to make a ton of money.

>>28693751
You'll be able to register them, and probably be able to put a regular mag release on one if you get another one to replace it.
>>
>>28693807
>If they ban the bullet button I have an idea to make a ton of money.

the proposed laws make it so that you have to have a fixed or internal magazine that holds no more then 10 rounds and can not be removed. so you have to pop the upper open and use a stripper clip.
>>
>>28693743
How does Orange County compare to LAC? I heard OC is more conservative.
>>
>>28694375
San Berdoo best county.
>>
>>28694422
San Beanerdino fucking sucks ass.
>>
>>28694462
Don't be mad I've been able to CC for years.
>>
>>28694482
True the sherrif is pretty good about conceal carry.

San Beanerdino still sucks ass.
>>
>>28694507
The city? Fuck yeah, but San Berdoo is a huge county, mountain living out here is fantesticle.
>>
>>28694422
>San Berdoo
Bankrupt city with rampant crime. Sounds reasonable.
>>
>>28691863
What about the AK?
>>
>>28694529
>mountain living out here is fantesticle.
This is true though. Visited family in Riverside a couple times. Natural scenery is pretty nutty for a native East-coaster like myself. Dat smog when flying into LAX though... Oh my.
>>
>>28694554
>city=county
You'd do well out here!

>>28694581
Cali is weird, it's so diverse, both good and bad. One moment you're in shithole part of San Diego, next it's beautiful upper class town, next you're in the desert, next you're in LA, one of the biggest shitholes next to Detroit and India.

I don't get it, but there's enough good here that I wanna seek it out and stay, plus work and all.
>>
>>28693128
>over 18
Surely they mean 18 or older right? Otherwise I've broken the law several times
>>
>>28694663
nop ur goin to hell mad kid? lol
>>
File: 1452770677853.png (52KB, 530x596px) Image search: [Google]
1452770677853.png
52KB, 530x596px
>>28693668
Here is this picture for what its worth
>>
>>28694608
The mountains are nice to look at when driving, but also create natural bottlenecks. That 91/15 interchange at Corona is always a nightmare. That's why I try to stay on the 10 if possible.
>>
California is really a liberal hell hole. (I live in Orange County so I don't really live in the liberal areas.)

But man, what the hell caused this liberal stuff to surge in California?
>>
>>28694686
I always see Inyo. What the fuck is IT. I see it on the map but I never ever hear about it, WHAT IS INYO WHAT IS THERE TO DO THERE?
>>
>>28694686
>May issue with outstanding cause

Umm... Wut is 2A?!!
>>
>>28694733
>Inyo County is a county located in the U.S. state of California. As of the 2010 census, the population was 18,546
>18500
>county almost as big as berdoo
Whaaaa the fuuuck?

>>28694722
>interchange at Corona
>Corona
Well there's your real problem.
>>
>>28694724
>But man, what the hell caused this liberal stuff to surge in California?
Lib propaganda from the entertainment industry
>>
>>28694756
I don't live in Corona, it's just the fast-track to Huntington Beach, which I frequent.
>>
>>28694722
>91/15 interchange at Corona
Please don't remind me.
>>
File: flowchart_front.png (519KB, 1725x1320px) Image search: [Google]
flowchart_front.png
519KB, 1725x1320px
>>28691805
i feel bad for you son. expect all guns laws to make this much sense.
>>
>>28694782
I'm saying the volume of traffic is the primary issue, Tehachapi is valleyed out and it runs smooth as fuck.

Sure the bottlenecking don't help, but fuck anything remotely city.
>>
>>28694733
you can make borax and buy a run down mobile home for $2000
>>
>>28694785
Always under construction.

Traffic was so bad the San Bernardino guys aborted shooting it up. Imagine how terrible traffic has to be to make suicidal terrorists say fuck that and go home.
>>
>>28692054
>wants to =/= signed into law

fuck off faggot
>>
>>28694853
Actually that sounds like my kinda town.
>>
>>28694867
>San Bernardino guys aborted shooting it up
source
>>
>>28694892
forgot to add:
~ in death valley heat
>>
>>28694744
>Umm... Wut is 2A?!!
If you actually put that they assume you're a right wing terrorist.
>>
>>28694912
REEEEEEEEEEE ABANDON SHIP! I now know why no one fucking lives out there.
>>
>>28694800
>volume of traffic
This also blew my mind when visiting.

Even during the times of day when traffic is actually moving, the lanes are still packed. There's also a stupid amount dude-bros in lifted trucks, and everyone has blinged-out aftermarket rims, regardless of how shitty their car is.
>>
>>28694990
Oh, are you not from Cali? Are you the guy sayin you're from out East? Hopefully not tristate east, that shits even worse.
>>
>>28695069
DC area. Traffic here is a clusterfuck, but there's a rhyme and reason to it for the most part. LA traffic seems less predictable.
>>
You can have over 10 round mags. As long as they are pre ban.
>>
File: 10683a596c9b82548291.jpg (52KB, 320x227px) Image search: [Google]
10683a596c9b82548291.jpg
52KB, 320x227px
>>28694990
>blinged-out aftermarket rims
it's called rollin on dubs. this is something they post getting hyphy. at which point they ghost ride the whip in their stunnah shades wile goin doo-doo dumb in the traditional thizzlamic fasion.

this is why california cant have guns. because oakland.
>>
>>28695113
That's just cuz Cali drivers are fucking morons. Including me. Full stops wat? Don't use merge lanes to pass wat?
>>
>>28692054
Not law.

Want is the word and the bird.
>>
Inland Empire roads are fucking shit. Need to pave that whole fucker asap. Coastal areas get the good roads cuz that's where all the biggest taxpayers live haha
>>
Looked up CA rules and regulations... good god how do you guys put up with that shit?

What happens if you just said fuck it and "muh rights" and used a fully functioning AR-15 (without that gay bullet button) and standard 30 round mags? Have there been mass protests with said rifles?
>>
>>28695904
>What happens if you just said fuck it and "muh rights" and used a fully functioning AR-15 (without that gay bullet button) and standard 30 round mags?
Well you will lose your gun rights on a federal level by getting charged with a felony, and all the faggot DAs would love to put an easy case like that under their belt.
>Have there been mass protests with said rifles?
No because law abiding citizens don't want to cause problems or go to jail. In wake the of the San Bernardino shootings only goes to prove this only hurts law abiding gun owners not criminals.

I agree though, but why not at least a campaign to get 600k signatures to put an initiative on the ballot? They manged to pass the train-wreck of a bill for that high speed rail, surely something like this could pass, and with enough signatures could get on the ballot every election cycle.
>>
Unfortunately OP, I would just send you to the Calguns wiki, but it's down, ETA possibly this quarter:
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1137839

As others have stated, a CCW license depends entirely on what county you live in.

Before you move, buy some high-demand pistols that we don't see much in California. I'd say Gen4 9mm Glocks, Glock 43, non-CA-Shield especially. You can import those into the state, then make a small profit off of selling them, because they're not on the roster, so they can't be bought new. I bet you can even find a buyer for your Walther if you decide the size isn't worth the reduced capacity, and want to downsize to something with a native capacity 10 or less -- Glock 26, Sig 239, 1911, Shield, revolver, etc.

>>28695904
Depends entirely on the cop that sees you doing it. How many cops in other states would check whether your full-auto AK was legal? Some would, some won't.
>>
>>28691992
This defeatist attitude doesn't help those who remain. Take a Californian shooting, and let them see for themselves how stupid the laws are.

After Sandy Hook, one of my co-workers said that we should further restrict mag capacity. I told him that reloads are quick, and he suggested getting rid of semi-auto pistols entirely, so people must use revolvers. I said that reloads are still quick with speedloaders, and he suggested banning those as well.

Fast forward to last month, and I took him shooting with my Glock 19. I told him that it natively holds 15, but a .45ACP pistol of the same size holds about 10 rounds. In a free state, I could decide to make that tradeoff if I felt the ballistics of the .45ACP made up for the capacity reduction, but in California the only advantage 9mm has in a full-sized pistol is recoil.

He understood what I was talking about, and agreed that capacity limits are stupid.
>>
>>28694375
California conservative = free state liberal

OC conservatives are still authoritarian shitheads. They are only "conservative" due to the muh jeebus part. Other than gay marriage they largely agree with the libtards on everything else, including banning guns and all other scary looking objects for the children.
>>
>>28696202
Nice going retard now he thinks we should ban everything.
>>
>>28696115
>make a small profit off of selling them
this
you're throwing money away by not buying guns for resale. or even if you weren't going to resell you should buy them because it'll be a pain in the ass to get something you do want once you are in state. you'll have to have your parents funnel guns to you (assuming they are still in your home state)
>>
>>28696266
Your reading comprehension needs work.

He's now in favor of citizens having however many rounds they want for defensive purposes.
>>
>>28696255
Hey man, don't get associate some of us with Orange County conservatives.
>>
>>28691846
>concealed permits are damned hard to get.

Depends on what county you're in. Right around 60% are shall issue. You don't want to live in the no issue counties.
>>
>>28691805
I live in Los Santos and I have no problem obtaining any gun from my local Ammu-Nation despite being black
>>
>>28696931
I like it better there too since there aren't any waiting periods and they'll sell you NFA items no questions asked.
>>
>>28696502
He's right though you know. That's why the calguns community kind of sucks.
>>
>>28691846
>Attach bullet buttons (look it up) to any long gun that takes detachable mags (unless it's just gonna sit around your house).
unless its not semi auto
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 800x169px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 800x169px
>>28694576
Saiga got you covered
>>
File: 1448461405821.jpg (257KB, 750x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1448461405821.jpg
257KB, 750x1332px
>>28695181
>because its going to stopped by the well organized California gun owners

it might as well be law
>>
File: Jeremy_Clarkson_Wearing_M56.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy_Clarkson_Wearing_M56.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>28693496
Tbh onii-senpai I think that's just because we got a shit load of more people in our state compared to all the others
>>
>>28691825
>If you have centerfire rifles with a pistol grip, you'll need to put a bullet button on them.

I don't believe that is the case for bolt action or fixed magazine. Correct me if I am wrong.
>>
>>28691894
A wood version would be nice.
>>
>>28696849
Well, I'm writing this from a house in alameda county, which is fucked, so that's where my experience is coming from.
>>
>>28696931
>>28698120
My preferred FFL lives on Grove Street.
>>
>Situation:

I use my 15 round Walther to defend myself in a home invasion. Assuming it was justifiable self-defense, would I still be arrested in California for simply using an unapproved weapon?
>>
>>28704427
Correct, that is just for semi-automatic rifles. Let me see if I can find the diagram for what would necessitate a bullet button.
>>
>>28691805
Check out calguns.net

There is a surplus of knowledge and it is great for finding out what the laws are and how the affect you.

On the top of the page, there are links to flowcharts that explain what is and isn't legal.

The laws are pretty shit here, but you can still own virtually any new or old long gun (not on the NFA list) and the handgun roster is only for non-C&R handguns which is nice.
>>
>>28705923
How old is the gun? If you have 10 round magazines, just disassemble the 15 rounders (or hide them) and you're good.
>>
>What firearm restrictions will I need to be aware of before moving there?
all of them
>>
Wonder if some Californians just drive out to some remote desert area to fire off their illegal weapons...
>>
>>28695904
>have there been mass protests with said rifles
...anon, that isn't how protesting works.
>>
Sell your guns, buy an SKS, pump shotgun, and 1911.

Become fudd.
>>
>>28706026
Just bought it earlier this month. PPQ.
>>
>>28706060
Well it isn't on the roster but that isn't grounds for seizure. If is was on the roster before, and you bought it private party, you're good. If it in the state before roster, you're good.

Otherwise, you're not good.
This is one of my bookmarks: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.