[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I' curious to see if there are some (if any) bullpups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 35

File: Tavor-TSB16.jpg (149KB, 891x509px) Image search: [Google]
Tavor-TSB16.jpg
149KB, 891x509px
Hey guys, I' curious to see if there are some (if any) bullpups that /k/ would recommend?

The only one I seem to keep coming across is the IWI Tavor, but I'm wondering if there are any other ones that are worth looking into that aren't too close to $2,000.

My only real preference is that it's in 5.56, but I'm open to other calibers.

>pic related
>>
>>28687523
Yeah, if you want a bullpup but don't wanna spend $2000, your only option is the Tavor or the RFB.
>>
>>28687523
Streyr aug. All goddamn day.
>>
>>28687564
Sheet, guess I better start saving.

>>28687615
Totally forgot about that one, reckon it'll just come down between this and the Tavor.

Hey just throwing this out there; what do you guys think of the bullpup kits like the HTA 90/22? Does anyone have any experience with something like that?
>>
>>28687523
I'm very happy with my Tavor. I'll be even happier when ATF issues my goddamn stamp so I can put a ZRX on it.
>>
>>28687731

Right on, how long have you had yours? Lol yeah I hear that's a pain. Should be worth it in the end though right?
>>
File: finalaug.png (210KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
finalaug.png
210KB, 800x533px
>>28687731

Jesus Christ that thing looks fucking horrible. And what's with the cash drop on the stupid fore rail and 9mm kit and then going low-rent on the optic? This looks like a gun someone with no prior knowledge of guns would build.

OP the Tavor has been weighed, measured, and found lacking in almost every aspect. It's even allergic to water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9lZO74YCE

It also has no adjustable gas block, no forward assist, clearing malfunctions is a mindfuck under stress due to the retarded bolt release/mag release layout. It's was an abortion from the beginning. I wanted to love it. It could have been a long-awaited update to the AUG but instead they went fashion > function and produced a turd that looks kind of cool.

AUG has the best feature set and more importantly, proven track record over any bullpup available to US civilians, and that is an irrefutable fact.
>>
P90 best bullpup. Unless you specifically want a rifle caliber.

FAMAS probably top dog in the rifle department.
>>
File: The-Power-of-Laughter.jpg (51KB, 708x404px) Image search: [Google]
The-Power-of-Laughter.jpg
51KB, 708x404px
>>28687912

>p90 best anything
>famas

Cowadooty, plz go
>>
File: DSC_9646.jpg (3MB, 4142x3008px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9646.jpg
3MB, 4142x3008px
>>28687790
Only since the 1st. $1800 out the door. It's pricey but it's also not the most I've ever spent on a gun. I can't honestly tell you how favorably it compares to a Steyr, though, since it's chambered in 9mm instead of 5.56. It is available in 5.56, but I got it specifically for the silencer because I'm a huge nerd that's willing to pay an extra $200 for a space gun.

>>28687843
It's not actually my gun, it's just a picture I found online of a similar configuration. The ZRX suppressor is integrated into the foreend.

I am not yet in possession of such a device because it would be a violation of the NFA.

As for the aesthetics of it, you're entitled to your dumbass opinion. I happen to think it looks pretty sharp and since I can afford to have both an Aug and a Tavor, it suits me fine that they perform differently.
>>
>>28687843
FS2000
>>
File: RON.jpg (58KB, 300x221px) Image search: [Google]
RON.jpg
58KB, 300x221px
>>28687957

>I can afford to have both an Aug and a Tavor

Must be nice, eh?
>>
>>28687523
Sorry, they are all, at best, meh out of the box. The triggers are almost universally "ugh" between every military's belief that crappier triggers are "safer" and the generally wonky set-up most bullpups use for their triggers.

Tavors can handle a little water and mud. Steyr replaced their trigger piece with a Lego, and a Kel-tec is lol Kel-tec shit nigga you want to die?
>>
>>28687990
Ever tried to change magazines with one of those? FN got paranoid by the magwell, and, to ensure debris couldn't get in, made sure bullets couldn't get in.
>>
>>28688002
I do alright.
>>
File: IMG_1782.jpg (2MB, 2612x1959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1782.jpg
2MB, 2612x1959px
>>28687523
I just bought one

>26 inches long
>16.5 inch barrel

Best workaround to the NFA ever.
>>
>>28687523
Is the M77 Commando any good?
Seems to be a civillian QBZ-97b modification. But theres little to none additional info on the net.
>>
I've been mulling buying one for about two weeks now
I got to try one out at the range and have fallen in love
>>
>>28688075
>tfw California has a retarded OAL law on the books
>tfw my AUG and PS90 have these big goofy looking barrel extensions on them

I mean, for the PS90 I understand, but why couldn't the distributors just ship the AUGs with the 20 inch or HBAR barrel assembly?
>>
File: Bill-Geissele.jpg (101KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Geissele.jpg
101KB, 720x960px
>>28687979
>I can afford to have both an Aug and a Tavor

Please don't make the mistake of thinking you're the only person on /k/ that can, or that it gives you some special insight.

>it suits me fine that they perform differently

They don't "perform differently". One can perform, and the other can't. One has features conducive to fighting rifles, one doesn't. One has a track record stretching back to the 60's, one doesn't. Unless you're Canadian, the Tavor is a toy in comparison to the AUG.

>>28688037
>Tavors can handle a little water and mud

Reality says otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9lZO74YCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJS9DDe6K-o

You have a point with the triggers, that's the nature of bullpups. however when you look at improving them, the full AUG setup (NeuTrigger and Trigger Tamer) comes in around $100. What's the Geissele run for the Tavor? Even out of the box the AUG trigger isn't as bad as the Tavor.
>>
>>28688128

Also lolTavor face.

>pic related
>>
>>28688075
>don't pay the government
>pay Israel instead

Fed still wins, anon

>>28688128
>Reality says otherwise
It was a typo, numbnuts.
>>
>>28688128
>Reality says otherwise.
holy shit i can't believe the tavor did that bad being piston gas...
>>
>>28688150
The Jews won't put me on a gun registry bruh.
>>
>>28688128
Right. So you're a weekend warrior who worships at the altar of the almighty battle rifle. Thanks for clarifying, your opinion summarily discarded. I'll just go on enjoying my weapons for their diverse aesthetic appeal and varied handling characteristics, secure in the knowledge that the fun police won't be breaking down my door in the middle of the night just to shoot my dog.

But please, by all means, go on and continue to by an insufferable elitist prick. When the happening finally happens, I'm sure you and your Steyr will be the last bastion of arrogant condescension - because it's a fighting rifle with a track record stretching back to the '60s, after all.
>>
RDB
>>
File: 1310671996285.jpg (11KB, 297x275px) Image search: [Google]
1310671996285.jpg
11KB, 297x275px
>>28688202
>So you're a weekend warrior who worships at the altar of the almighty battle rifle

What does anything we're talking about have anything to do with battle rifles? We're talking 5.56 bullpups...

>I'll just go on enjoying my weapons for their diverse aesthetic appeal and varied handling characteristics

You do you, booboo.

>I'll just go on enjoying my weapons for their diverse aesthetic appeal and varied handling characteristics

Can't handle the bantz?

>because it's a fighting rifle with a track record stretching back to the '60s, after all.

At least you're walking away having learned something.
>>
ITT meme guns
>>
>>28688062
Have you? Because it's not hard. Grab mag, remove, replace.
>>
>>28687943
The famas is an excellent rifle, as long as you don't want to put tacticool shit everywhere on your weapon.
You should check the archive, we had a thread about it a few days ago.

But that's irrelevant, you'll never find a G2 for sale.
>>
>>28688189

It blew my mind too. I was all set to buy one and googled "tavor torture test" the night before out of curiosity and to confirm my preconceived notions about the rifle, and came across those two videos. I literally looked at the stack of 100 dollar bills I'd withdrawn to save the 3% the fun shop charged and shook my head in disappointment. Went back to the bank in the morning and redeposited it. Fuck IWI man, junk peddling pricks.

I do gotta say though, I wonder if the ones the IDF has are somehow mechanically different that makes them more reliable? Because everything I've read about them made me think they were almost AK tier.
>>
>>28688202

Awwwwww is the poor baby gonna cry because his overpriced piece of jewshit got BTFO. >>28687843 wasn't being elitist, he gave the OP an honest assessment of the rifle and your whiny little bitch ass got all defensive.
>>
>>28687523
>listening to IWI marketers

Bullpups are a meme with no substantial benefits other than it's shorter
>>
>>28689053
>weight in the stock
>no benefits
just because you don't have one doesn't mean they're bad
>>
>>28689053
>no substantial benefits other than it's shorter

That's a pretty substantial benefit, Cheech. Especially when 5.56 muzzle velocity is involved.
>>
File: RFB (Light).jpg (914KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
RFB (Light).jpg
914KB, 2448x2448px
make way you fucking plebs, bestpup coming through

>inb4 wa2000
none of us will own one
>>
>>28689130
>Kel-Tec
>Best
Choose one and only one
>>
>>28689130
>Lelkek

Seriously, how's the quality on that thing.
>>
>>28688116
Another commiefornian here thinking about getting an AUG or PS90. How do you deal with the "bullet button" on the PS90? The amount of neutering necessary for the PS90 makes me stay away from it.
>>
>>28689130
When they make the rdb in .308 it will shit all over the rfb in performance reliability and recoil mitigation.
>>
>>28689180

AUG over PS90 especially for a commiefornian.
>>
>>28689180
Mine came with this.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-940-ps90-bullet-button.aspx

It is a bitch to use, but then isn't that the whole point? I mean, if I could reload the gun the way it's meant to be I would be able to murder like, a million toddlers.
>>
>>28689197

When they make the MDR it will shit all over both of them.
>>
>>28689214
The mdr is gonna flop I think. Im not saying its bad, it just won't live up to the hype. And, I think it will probably be on par to the rdb. A little more refined but with the problems that generally come with increased complexity.
>>
>>28689234

I hope you're wrong. I've been hoping for a decent pup battle rifle and I just can't into KelTec...two strikes so far and don't want the third to be as expensive as the RDB goes for. PF9 and KSG both shit the bed on me.
>>
>>28689241
I hope I'm wrong too. It's weird I've only ever had good experience with kel-tec guns (never owned one, just used my dad's).

I just think the rdb represents the first true advance (simpler than an ak, faster field strip than an ar) in bullpups in forever, not to mention downward ejection and reliable as hell. If they make it either a little more robust or have less ingress points I could see something like it being fielded (maybe not make by kel-tec but that operating system).
>>
>>28689208
I just can't imagine enjoying the thing if I have to put appreciable effort into changing the mag every 10 rds.
>>
>>28689371
Well, you could get lucky like me, and have the distributor accidentally ship a 30 rounder with it. Or you could totally not buy a regular mag release, and you could certainly not remove the bullet button and replace it with said stock mag release.
>>
>>28689378
I'm aware that I certainly could not do that, but I haven't been shooting long enough to know how people at the range would certainly not react to that. I avoid using my original configuration handgun mags for the same reason.
>>
>>28687523
The Famas F1 is $1500 "only" but you can't buy it and it had so many issues they changed it for the G2.
>>
>>28687615
>>28687843
>>28688128
Jesus I love both Tavor and AUG and they are both great guns, but I've never seen someone shill so hard for the AUG. It's funny because AUGfags are always like
>Ur a jewish IDF shill!!!!11
>>
File: thanks george.png (343KB, 941x613px) Image search: [Google]
thanks george.png
343KB, 941x613px
>>28689145
MDR isnt out yet, till then it shall remain the bestpup

>>28689150
>Seriously, how's the quality on that thing.
It shipped with a bent firing pin and was missing a SHM-12 ring (keeps the hammer attached to pic related)

>>28689197
lol no, they've said the RDB is nothing more than a cheaper and easier to produce version of the RFB, see Hank Strange's RDB video with Andrew or Chad from KT. Where the fuck do you even get the idea that downward ejection could in any way be better than forward? The barrel for the RFB will always be 3+ inches longer for the same OAL compared to a RDB. And this doesnt include the rest of the flaws with the RDB

>Tavor style mag release, and the associated unintended activations of the release
>Plastic rather than aluminum handguard rail just waiting to break
>No ability to accept a quad rail
>>
>>28689266

For all the crap people here give Kel-Tec, it certainly seems cheaper if nothing else.
>>
File: T97NEW.jpg (142KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
T97NEW.jpg
142KB, 1024x681px
>>28687523
>Tfw when Canadian masterrace and not an americuck

Feels good
>>
>>28689535
Enjoy your FAMAS that was left out in the sun too long.
>>
>>28689548

Kek
>>
>>28689436
>Where the fuck do you even get the idea that downward ejection could in any way be better than forward?

Simplicity
>>
>>28689603
>spring loaded extractors are complex
they're not, and most pistols have them
>>
>>28689436
>Tavor style mag release, and the associated unintended activations of the release

https://youtu.be/e4_JU_VksYM
>>
>>28689617
Downward ejection is easier to produce, requires less parts, etc...
>>
File: MSBS 3.jpg (120KB, 650x397px) Image search: [Google]
MSBS 3.jpg
120KB, 650x397px
I can't wait to buy this thing.
>>
>>28690325
Where does it eject?
>>
File: MSBS 7.jpg (256KB, 798x992px) Image search: [Google]
MSBS 7.jpg
256KB, 798x992px
>>28690339
Can be swapped. Currently the side that is down is the ejecting side. Basically that piece that totally looks like it's covering something just about ejection port sized.
>>
>>28687523

If we're shilling for AUGs , I'll say I absolutely love mine. They're also ridiculously easy to take down.

However, unlike a Tavor, you're forced to invest in an optic since most rails for it are too small for iron sights unless you're fine with the tiny sight radius and generally looking retarded. The ones with the integrated optic tend to run a little past your $2000 threshold (For A3's. The classic pre-ban A1's are rarer and even more expensive)
>>
File: DSC_0891.jpg (339KB, 1204x615px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0891.jpg
339KB, 1204x615px
>>28688189
>>28688690
>>
File: DSC_0889.jpg (303KB, 1201x697px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0889.jpg
303KB, 1201x697px
>>28690474
>>28688189
>>28688690

This was pretty gritty mud and mine ran fine, although IMO mud tests are bullshit.

Depending on the consistency of the mud it will affect different firearms in different ways.

The nasty Florida sand mud you see there in aregguy's video would probably shut a Aug down too, judging by what it did to that AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9APzYqwXckw

That being said my go to gun is my SLR107FR not my tavor, because bullpups get carbon and smoke all up in your grill and shit.
>>
>>28690325
I hope it feels better than the Covert. That things feels like a giant fucking hipoint pistol. The plastic has no give, and feel brittle/cheap as fuck.
>>
>>28690505
>mud
It looks like you threw it in a vat of gravy.
>>
I'd recommend the AUG A3 w/ 20'' barrel over the Tavor.
>>
>>28688690
>>28690505

AK failed
mud tests too on MAC and Forgotten Weapons.
Do that to ANY bullpup and it will fail a hell of a lot quicker than the Tavor except maybe the FS2000
>>
>>28688086
will the m77 commando be available in america? or canada even?
>>
>>28690474
>>28690505

If it were idiot mud tests like that, I'd have still bought it, hell if it was just the kid throwing it in a sandy puddle, I'd have brushed it off. But when all it takes to turn a semi auto into a bolt gun is crawling through a couple hundred feet of mud, there's a problem. Everything I've seen on them makes me question their reliability in less that ideal operating conditions. If it's a range toy or it works in your AO I'm sure it's a stellar weapon. But I live in a disgusting filthy shithole with mud and grit being a part of everyday life. I'm not about to drop $1800 on something I have to question the reliability of if I need to take it out and put lead in something or someone that means to do me or my property harm.
>>
I fingerbanged the X-95 Tavor at Shot Show and I've decided that it's the one bullpup rifle that I'd get.

The ergonomics made the rifle very easy to handle. Balance is very good and you could fire with one hand if you had to. The three detachable rail panel covers are another improved feature -- the Tavor should have been built like this from the start.

Because IWI lincenses their products for production in Brazil, Columbia, Ukraine, and Thailand, and because police departments in the United States (such as PA Capitol Police and Lakewood, NJ PD) are adopting the Tavor for service, I think that you'll see surplus parts kits on the civilian market.

I'm not shilling for IWI by any means, but I think that they've done a good job at selling their produt such that it'll be the most popular bullpup for US civilians. This is important because wide availability means more replacement parts -- this should be a big consideration if you want a gun to be your "main" rifle.

For what it's worth, I've noticed both in person and in interviews that IWI doesn't like it when people objectively criricise flaws in their firearms, such that they'll deny the flaws in the first place. The demo model of the X-95 that I played with had a stiff charging handle, and one of the IWI'S reps was very careful in telling me that the gun was a prototype -- which was probably a lie, as the X-95 has existed for some time). They also denied that you could accidentally bump the mag release on the old Tavor on your gear or something else and have your mag fall out. Basically, they seem to think their shit is perfect.
>>
>>28688002
Hahaha I just ripped that show from my DVDs.
>>
>>28692508
>Basically, they seem to think their shit is perfect.
Company man toes company line, news at eleven!

For real, though, it's marketing 101: you do not talk shit about your own product. If someone is talking shit about your product to you, redirect the conversation away from that shit.
>>
>>28687843
>AUG has the best feature set and more importantly, proven track record over any bullpup available to US civilians, and that is an irrefutable fact.

Lol. Ok. I have an FS2000, AUG and Tavor. I'd take the Tavor over the other two. The AUG is cool but its no show stopper unless you're trying to cosplay Die-hard. The FS2000 is terrible unless you put the Neutrigger in it. Then its a usable gun.

The semi auto AUG doesn't benefit from any of the spacegun features aside from the quick change barrel. They don't offer a bunch of different calibers so it's kinda pointless for a semi.
>>
File: paxton-4.jpg (19KB, 620x345px) Image search: [Google]
paxton-4.jpg
19KB, 620x345px
>>28687523
I like it because it makes me feel like an ultimate badass. State of the badass art.
>>
File: 1411914435994.jpg (112KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
1411914435994.jpg
112KB, 600x701px
>>28689428

Good post. Great arguments. Top notch.

>>28691605

>Do that to ANY bullpup and it will fail a hell of a lot quicker than the Tavor except maybe the FS2000

Citation needed, faggot. Your Tavor gets gritty, you have no options. Dead gun. Your AUG gets gritty you can crank up the gas for ejection and use the forward assist to chamber, both features not found on the beloved Tavor. You not knowing this leads me to believe you are both a noguns and a total dumb dumb.
>>
>>28687615
>>28687698
>>28689428
I'm an AUG fanboy and I haven't so much as seen one in person.
It's proven, has (from what I remember) the best trigger of the big three bullpups (the others being the FS2000, and, of course, the TAR), and with the M1 scope it just looks awesome.
12/10 will buy once out of school.
>>
File: kplaysairsoft.jpg (934KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
kplaysairsoft.jpg
934KB, 1200x800px
>>28692844
>Lol. Ok. I have an FS2000, AUG and Tavor.

And?

> I'd take the Tavor over the other two.

List the scenarios in which your Tavor outperformed your AUG (assuming you're not full of shit and lying about owning both.) and why the Tavor comes out on top.

>The AUG is cool but its no show stopper unless you're trying to cosplay Die-hard.

Mmmhmmmm. Wars for the last several decades in the many nations that carry them were...cosplaying Die Hard? Good post.

>The semi auto AUG doesn't benefit from any of the spacegun features aside from the quick change barrel.

What are you considering a spacegun feature? Do you not see an adjustable gas block, forward assist, dual-lug magazines as benefits? The quick change barrel isn't used for caliber conversions anyway, it's for barrel overheating...so really it's the *most* useless feature for semi-auto yet you are listing it as the only real benefit? I'm beginning to think you are a fucking idiot.
>>
File: MACAUG.gif (3MB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
MACAUG.gif
3MB, 450x250px
>>28693794
>>
>>28691605
>Do that to ANY bullpup and it will fail a hell of a lot quicker than the Tavor except maybe the FS2000

AUG in water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c-FzU-sa9Y

AUG with fine dirt, a test not easily passed on this channel. Watch what other guns fail on his other videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xabG5leX68
>>
>>28693867
>List the scenarios in which your Tavor outperformed your AUG (assuming you're not full of shit and lying about owning both.) and why the Tavor comes out on top.

No.
>>
>>28694027
Kek
>>
>>28687523

The fact that bullpups are entirely pointless for civilians is why arguments like this are retarded. It's heavy and unwieldy for home defence or as a brush gun, and the triggers are too heavy for distance or competitive shooting (even for the ones boasting a 6 lbs pull).

And nobody is seriously going to let their $2000 gun go through that kind of mud abuse. It all really comes down to what the OP wants for novelty sake.
>>
>>28694027
>>28694070

>no argument
BTFO

Nice samefagging.
>>
>>28694095
>It's heavy and unwieldy for home defence
Confirmed for never handling a bullpup
>>
>>28694120
Are you saying that the person laughing at a straight refusal to back up his argument is the same person making the argument?
Because that's just retarded.
>>
>>28694124

I have an AUG A3. It's heavy as shit, especially compared to an AR.
>>
File: IMG_0017.jpg (996KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
996KB, 2592x1936px
So is it even possible to buy an FS2000 for a reasonable price since FNH cut production a few years ago?

I was like, 1 minute away from buying a $1500 FS2000, changed my mind, and then all of a sudden they were gone from every where and over priced as fuck :(

Anyway, Tavor vs Aug? Why the fuck would you not pick an Aug.

The gun is absolutely fantastic. I fucking love mine. To each their own, but considering I only paid $200 more for my Aug than what Tavors go for? Seriously why the fuck would you go any other way, unless you wanted both.
>>
>>28694095
>The fact that bullpups are entirely pointless for civilians is why arguments like this are retarded

Oh this should be good.

>It's heavy

LOL

>and unwieldy

WEW LAD

>and the triggers are too heavy for distance or competitive shooting

If only you could upgrade them to drop the trigger weight.

>And nobody is seriously going to let their $2000 gun go through that kind of mud abuse.

Why wouldn't they? Explain please.

>>28694136
>Because that's just retarded.

You're retarded.

>>28694141
It's heavier in comparison, absolutely, "heavy as shit"...start lifting. The benefit is that to have an AR at a similar OAL to an AUG you'd sacrifice muzzle velocity, not a small detriment to 5.56.
>>
>>28694204
>You're retarded.
I can't argue with that.
>>
File: Buds.jpg (1MB, 1898x2542px) Image search: [Google]
Buds.jpg
1MB, 1898x2542px
>>28694141

Confirming Aug A3 is heavy as a mother fucker. Hell my optic ways 1.5 lbs itself.

Not that I care I've been shooting a NM M1A free hand for years, so even a heavy bullpup feels light as fuck now

So, I guess if you're a little girl with skeleton wrists, don't buy an Aug?
>>
>>28694120
>>no argument
>BTFO

I posted my opinion, if you don't like it you can slide my donger down the back of your throat. I'm not getting into an argument with an autistic fuckstick on a martian sand dune appreciation website. You can try your best to bait me into an argument over why your snowflake rifle from the 70s that a handful of countries use is the BESTEST IN TEH WORL! but I as a required party to that argument have chosen to abort it's tiny little fetus before you get worked into a shitposting lather with one tiny little word.

No.

>Nice samefagging.
I'm not samefagging either.
>>
>>28689391
>changed it for the G2
Technically wrong, the army and air force still use the F1. Only the navy and gendarmerie are equipped with the G2 afaik.
But yeah, the G2 solves a lot of the F1 and G1 issues.
>>
>>28694225
>Screenshot of a bunch of posts

Which shit opinion is yours?

>slide my donger down the back of your throat
>>>/b/

>I'm not getting into an argument with an autistic fuckstick on a martian sand dune appreciation website

I know. You're *losing* an argument with a martian dune sand autistic whatever you said.

>your snowflake rifle from the 70s that a handful of countries use is the BESTEST IN TEH WORL

Where did I say it was the best in the world? I'll wait while you search. I did say it was better than the Tavor. Which it is.

>but I as a required party to that argument have chosen to abort it's tiny little fetus before you get worked into a shitposting lather with one tiny little word.

I'm pro-life.

>No.

Yes.
>>
>>28694225
Don't even dignify him with an explanation, dude. I bailed on this thread, yesterday, because of this faggot's Augwank.
>>
File: WhiteAUG.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WhiteAUG.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
White AUGs are cool.
>>
File: optic.png (537KB, 555x381px) Image search: [Google]
optic.png
537KB, 555x381px
>>28694366

Except when they have that atrocious railed optic.

Also the stock just absorbs dirt, so it doesn't really stay white for long. It kind of wipes off but it's like a nylon or delrin end of arm tool, the ONLY way to actually get it clean is to sand it.

I stopped giving a fuck really fast on mine.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>28694365
I agree m8, I hate losing arguments as well. I thought it would help OP by showing him a pic of my Tavor and saying it was a good gun, but then people came in with facts about why it isn't. The OP probably learned something he didn't know, what a bunch of BS.

Let's go to reddit.
>>
>>28694325
>>>28694225 (You)
>>Screenshot of a bunch of posts
>Which shit opinion is yours?
>>slide my donger down the back of your throat
>>>>/b/
>>I'm not getting into an argument with an autistic fuckstick on a martian sand dune appreciation website
>I know. You're *losing* an argument with a martian dune sand autistic whatever you said.
>>your snowflake rifle from the 70s that a handful of countries use is the BESTEST IN TEH WORL
>Where did I say it was the best in the world? I'll wait while you search. I did say it was better than the Tavor. Which it is.
>>but I as a required party to that argument have chosen to abort it's tiny little fetus before you get worked into a shitposting lather with one tiny little word.
>I'm pro-life.
>>No.
>Yes.
No.
>>
>>28694365

I'm sure we can still have a nice conversation without him. What's your favorite thing about Tavors and FS2000s? Have you shot one?
>>
>>28694465

nah i was lying m8, I don't actually own them I was just sick of his ranting.
>>
>>28692604

Mah nigguh
>>
Nah, it's cool. if >>28694490 is any indication, he's just going to continue to be an enormous faggot as long as anyone's talking about anything other than the Aug.
>>
>>28687843
>the AUG needs updating

Maybe to accept STANAG magazines but other than that, nothing at all
>>
>>28694646
>Maybe to accept STANAG magazines but other than that, nothing at all

They can already to that. NATO stock.

I'd like the sling mounts moved and a non-proprietary thread pitch. Nothing major.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 600x336px
Wait for the x95 op it is superior to the tavor in every way
>>
File: 1360863097.jpg (55KB, 700x391px) Image search: [Google]
1360863097.jpg
55KB, 700x391px
>>28694711
I appreciate that IWI has to work within the strictures of American gun law but that is not an X95.
>>
File: ZLDOo9u.jpg (60KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
ZLDOo9u.jpg
60KB, 800x362px
>>28692355
People on /k/ worry about the wrong shit in a rifles reliability, grandpa made it through D-day with a M1 garand and a 1911, not guns known for reliability in mud and grit by today's standards.

That being said the Tavors problem lies not in the mud test but the barrel retaining pins structural strength.

During a drop test from 5ft it sheared the retaining pin and broke the stock ruining the rifle.

Skip to 4:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_txJQVeCBQ

Every ones all huffy about mud when that doesn't fucking matter compared to the barrel breaking off.

The other problem is the upper hand guard is kinda flimsy, it it breaks you lose your charging handle.

>>28693794
Yes because adjustable gas is so fucking useful, that's why so many guns still use it today.

Aug fags are worse than the Tavor shills I swear to god.

If the mud in your gun bad enough to need a adjustable gas seting its probably going to block the bolt from going home, you'll need a forward assist not more gas.

Or you'll need to clear the chamber because no matter how hard you slam that bolt home it wont crush a rock in the way.
>>
File: AUG-A3-guns-14075924-882-563.jpg (41KB, 882x563px) Image search: [Google]
AUG-A3-guns-14075924-882-563.jpg
41KB, 882x563px
It sure does look great
>>
>>28692355
>I live in a disgusting filthy shithole with mud and grit being a part of everyday life

I think a tavor will function in your moms basement fine man.
>>
>>28688208
Ian likes it. Good enough for me.
>>
>>28687731
What kind of front grip mod is that?
>>
File: ARCLIGHT COMMANDER ANGLED.jpg (76KB, 864x694px) Image search: [Google]
ARCLIGHT COMMANDER ANGLED.jpg
76KB, 864x694px
>>28696438
That's the Manticore Arms ARClight Commander. The Rat Worx ZRX Suppressor slots into it.

They do a couple of different versions in a variety of lengths.
>>
>>28694886
>muh 2 inches of barrel

Fuck off
>>
>>28689535
lmao dat looks like a QBZ
>>
>>28689130
>WA2000
It's only famous because it's rare and it's rare because it's made out of fucking glass. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>28695104

Look at this noguns faggot

>Yes because adjustable gas is so fucking useful, that's why so many guns still use it today.

Both SCAR rifles, CZ 805, ACR, Sig 556, etc. etc. etc. Now please tell me why those don't count.

>If the mud in your gun bad enough to need a adjustable gas seting its probably going to block the bolt from going home, you'll need a forward assist not more gas.

In the first video posted about the Tavor in this thread, one drop in the water kept the gun from extracting, nevermind even going home because it didn't make it that far. Also the AUG has a forward assist, dummy. How many guns have you fired that didn't involve looking at a loading screen first?

Do people on this board own guns, or are the noguns just the most vocal?
>>
File: 1436499070077.jpg (161KB, 1817x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1436499070077.jpg
161KB, 1817x1022px
>>28694095
why do so many people say bullpups are "pointless"? Is it because it's an unconventional design and you're defensive about your love of AR's?

As far as I can see, the fact you can have a way longer barrel in a nice small package is really attractive. Better balanced because the bulk of the weight is in your shoulder rather than your on your hands and some of these different ejection designs look very useful.

How is it that something is considered a great option if its fully auto but all those features are somehow useless if it's a semi-auto
>>
>>28687698
I have the 90/22, great for what it is, but mines for sale, if i break out the .22's its the suppressed ultramatch one
>>
>>28687523
Save your shekels and jump on the desert tech MDR when it comes out. Supposedly middle of this year, if it doesn't come by the end of the year I'll give up on them and send a box of feces to their factory. But yeah its a near perfection of the bullpup design.
>>
>>28700002
>Supposedly middle of this year

I'll just hold my breath. It was supposed to come out last year as well. Hopefully that just means they're making sure it's going to work out of the box and not go the way of the UTAS or something where it has to be sent back 100x
>>
>>28699979

>for sale

Ayy, what state are you in?
>>
IWI has a new western-friendly Tavor design.
>>
File: IMG_7805.jpg (164KB, 777x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7805.jpg
164KB, 777x437px
>>28700861
Forgot pic.
>>
>>28700872
They missed the whole point of the X95 with this abomination.
>>
>>28701511
Fitting quad rails and shifting from FAMAS-style hand guard to proper trigger guard doesn't leave much room for pretty.
>>
>>28701551
What I'm saying is that the whole point of the X95 was to make the Tavor even more compact. This is basically just a Tavor 2.0. They should have offered the original IDF version with the short round handguard. Could have been an awesome SBR project.
>>
>>28688075
oooo sucks that you just got one instead of waiting for the new X95
>>
>>28691914
likely never ever ever
stick to playing battlefield, also good luck getting ammo
>>
>>28701872
Whats the problem with ammo?
M77 Commando is in .223
>>
>>28688414
famas a shit
>>
>>28700002
VAPORWARE
APORWARE
PORWARE
ORWARE
RWARE
WARE
ARE
RE
E
>>
>>28701859
>oooo sucks that you just got one instead of waiting for the new X95

Why does having an original Tavor preclude him from owning a new one? I've got an 18" Tavor and I'll probably get an X95 too. I've got a SIG 556 and a SIG 556xi.
>>
>>28687523
Just build an AR.
Meme guns are bullshit.
If you want shorter, buy a folding stock AK.
In fact, buy both and save $500.
>>
>>28702897
I wouldn't buy this X95, anyway. Way to fuck it up, IWI.
>>
>>28703211
>I wouldn't buy this X95, anyway. Way to fuck it up, IWI.

We'll see. I'll shoot one and decide if I like it. Having more standard controls is a major selling point to me but I'll probably never sell my standard Tavor.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.