[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Defense Stratagem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

File: millburn-home-invasion.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
millburn-home-invasion.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
You awake to the sound of tinkling glass in the kitchen. You have a chest next to your bed with a 16 inch barreled intermediate cartridge rifle, a pistol in a service cartridge (9mm/.40/.45), and a pistol grip 410 gauge shotgun.

Which do you choose and why? Every second counts, as you hear the last shards of glass fall through.
>>
I choose the chest.

Why?

Because all the guns are in it and it gives me the advantage of surprise. I lock myself in the chest. The home intruder sees the chest, comes up to it, opens it and gets a face full of 410 and 45 as I dual wield both the shotgun and pistol.
>>
If the memes are correct, 9mm to cripple that bastard.
>>
>>28687196
Glock 22 Gen 2 w/ Hogue.

22+1 rounds of FUCK YOU 180gr HST headed your way at 1050fps.
>>
1911 w/ Lehigh Maximum Expansion.
>>
>>28687196
the vid your pic belongs to makes me feel very angry feelings
>>
>>28687375
What does the ape do in it?
>>
>>28687196
I'll take the rifle.

It's what I'm used to.
>>
>>28687401
basically he breaks in and knocks some 110lb looking woman around in front of a screaming kid (note the blurred portion on the couch) like he really kicks the shit out of her to buy himself 30 second intervals to loot for shit. this happens several times. shell get up in a haze and hell come back and hit her until she goes down then continue looting. its kinda tough to watch the first time
>>
>>28687262
Fucking Mimics.
>>
File: IMG_20151204_232201.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151204_232201.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>28687324
>180gr
>1050fps
>>
>>28687448

Worst part was she wasn't attempting to do anything except stay out of his way too.
>>
take the Glock 23 (with Talon grip) of course.

pop pop watching heathens drop.
>>
>>28687479
So, what is the point when 10mm already exists?
>>
File: what?.jpg (22KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
what?.jpg
22KB, 575x323px
>pistol grip 410 shotgun

FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>28687533
A bigger version of 10mm
>>
>>28687533
10mm was too much kick for some alphabet soup agents, 40 was meant to be a replacement.
Ended up being a bad replacement.
>>
>>28687557
Old partner of mine, 11 year marine, swears by .410 as a home defense cartridge.
Says he keeps a .410 revolver by his bedside, loaded with .410 self defense loads.
>>
File: IMG_20151205_204332.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_204332.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>28687624
We're talking about 40 Super, not 40 S&W.
>>
>>28687652
my bad. continue.
>>
Rifle cause it's what I grabbed last time this shit happened.
>>
>>28687652
the only person talking about 40 super is you.

>Glock 22 gen 2
>in any other caliber besides .40 STRONK & WICKED
besides, you need a .45 slide to shoot those bear loads.

but yea, that is pretty impressive...
>1775fps
I almost want to say that will pass through lvl3a kevlar.
>>
File: winchesterpdx1410.jpg (119KB, 1020x664px) Image search: [Google]
winchesterpdx1410.jpg
119KB, 1020x664px
>>28687643
Those .410 self defense loads will fuck you up, though. That's a vicious cartridge.
>>
>>28687690
>40 super
I know

>1775
They were able to get it up to 2000fps out of a 6" barrel when Norma R123 still existed.
>>
>deadbolt the steel bedroom door because having a cheap wooden door is for tards
>grab cell and call cops
>watch exterior cameras because if the hamburgler leaves I want to know
>sit in bed with Glock 21 problem solver in case hamburgler gets smart and tries to enter through drywall although I'm separated by 2 closets so good luck surprising me....
>>
File: 1396247617323.gif (2MB, 285x375px) Image search: [Google]
1396247617323.gif
2MB, 285x375px
>>28687708
>DEFENSE DISC
OooOOooh...
>>
>>28687591
I see a bottleneck, what is the parent case?
>>
>>28687807
I would tounge punch Elsa's fart box.
>>
>>28687892
45 Win Mag necked down to 40 and cut down to various lengths and pressures depending on who you ask and how the stars are aligned.
>>
>>28687196

That guy was caught right?
>>
>>28687935
That's Anna.
>>
This is now Home Defense General.

What .223/5.56 round should I have in my home defense rifle?
>>
>>28688019
None, you should get a rifle which isnt a 22
>>
>>28688030
This is total b8. Regardless, I have a mossberg 590a1, but I was under the impression that soft point/frangible .223/5.56 wouldn't overpenetrate quite as bad as buckshot
>>
>>28688049
Even M193 won't penetrate as much as buckshot. It punches through a couple walls and starts tumbling and breaking apart, where buckshot and handgun calibers keep going.
>>
>>28688049
>total b8
>5.56 NATO bullet diameter - 0.224"
>22LR bullet diameter 0.2255"
22fags btfo
>>
>>28688081
I'm not disputing the size of the bullet, retard. 5.56 is a perfectly viable self defense round
>>
>>28688049
Yes and no. Almost any round will overpenetrate your drywalls in your home, unless your inner walls are made of brick and mortar which I highly doubt.

If your outer walls are solid concrete/brick and mortar, you should be fine, 5.56 can penetrate a few drywalls and be lethal but after that shit hits brick/concrete it either beds, bounces or busts through and loses a shitload of velocity.

tl;dr any round for HD is fine so long as it's below 7.62x54R power, and so long as you know the location of everybody in the house. If just you, go nuts. If you and wife, also go nuts if she is in bedroom. If you have kids, going to need a little caution.
>>
>>28688124
>22LR isnt a perfectly viable self defense round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipNGB7O9WlY
>>
>>28688129
Gotchya. Thanks for the response
>>
>>28687708
I wish .410 was faster
>>
>>28687262
Never change /k/. Never change.
>>
File: 1451364657654.gif (538KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451364657654.gif
538KB, 320x240px
>>28687196
All of them. I'm gonna teach DeJamar how to do a New York Reload.

It's a shame that he'll be too dead to pay attention.
>>
none because you didnt say which ones were loaded

but personally the Handgun in 9mm, awake at a such a time I need more control but the rifle is too long and waking up you will be groggy and clumsy, the 9mm handgun will allow me to be less prone to smacking it into everything and enough ammo to generally get through a few intruders if need be
>>
>The moment Da'larecius III realizes his "victim" has an evil black tacticool AK pointed at him with a very large 'salt clipazine in it
>>
Guys, I only own rifles chambered in 308. How can I not kill my neighbors? I am thinking about keeping a magazine of frangible ammo in the event of a home invasion.
>>
>>28690359
Affix bayonets?
>>
>>28690408
Well, I live in NYC so that is not even an option. I would own an AR-15 if it was legal. Long Guns are my only option. Honestly, I am better off doing nothing in the event of a home invasion.
>>
>>28690425
Get a melee weapon if you don't think you can get a proper firearm setup. A metal bat,or something similar with plausible deniability works.
>>
>>28690425
Probably cheaper for you to move than have a home invasion that ends in any in that hole.

Could hand load some lower charge rounds with bullets that have good expansion rather than penetration. But then in NYC you seriously for realsies run the risk of the prosecutor pulling that "YOU MADE THESE TO KILL BETTER!!!" or "YOU MADE THESE TO MAKE HIM SUFFER!!!" bullshit. Doesn't matter if you actually made them so they won't overpenetrate if your jury is a bunch of anti-gun faggots who don't understand why you would do something like that.

Hell, even the neighbor who wasn't hit because of your HD specials probably won't appreciate what you did.

Honestly, you're better off doing what >>28690449 said. Golf clubs (a full set), baseball stuff (glove, bat , and ball minimum), one of those bamboo training swords and enroll in kendo. If you beat his head in with a bat and they notice you don't have anything else for baseball they might bring it up and it will fuck you in the ass when they spin it.
>>
>>28687196
I pick the handgun because I can use it with one hand, it takes corners well and I can shoot it any old way if a nigger jumps on me

then I shoot twice in the direction of the broken glass up into the roof, which will scare off most dindus

then one of three things will happen
A. dindu sprays blindly into the house, probably hitting nothing and nobody
B. dindu runs away, the most likely option
C. dindu goes tom clancey and starts staking the house looking through the windows
D. dindu goes rambo and charges in

my response is the same either way, I just take the handgun and cover the doors into one room and wait

the dindu is more dangerous in my house if I surprise him than he is outside and shit scared, and since he has the element of surprise scaring him would even the tables

and since the law is on my side, time is as well; why would I risk anything trying to sweep my house when I can just hole up in one room

I know the house better than him/them, they can't really move all that quietly and the house would be dark, them being the only thing moving I would get them coming into the room before they even knew where I was

best part is that after I fire the warning shots someone will call the cops saving me time, and if I end up shooting someone I can claim that after he failed to retreat it could be assumed he was planning to attack me
>>
>>28690495
>warning shots
>ever
>>
>>28687775
>not dropping barbed wire and barricades as soon as you're able
>not creating impact holes to fire from
>not playing castle and boarding up all the windows in a room you're not even in
>do you even mute their ugvs
>>
>>28690552
/k/ has some aversion to warning shots I've never understood.
if you fire a gun and you shoot that gun, anyone who does not have a gun is likely to run away, surrender or hide

anyone who does have a gun has a rough idea of your position, and is on guard.

but a housebreaker with ANY amount of brains would back out of the place even if they were armed themselves, because people break into places for money, not to get into firefights

if they still decided to attack you for whatever reason, you would have only lost two bullets and your position ; which would be rough at best and since they are unlikely to know the layout of your house, and even less likely to know how to react is a trade that is clearly worth making
>>
Buy a few flashbangs like I did. They have to be registered as destructive devices, but it is doable.
>>
>>28687196

Well, mu only "16 inch barreled intermediate cartridge rifle" is a 5.45 VEPR, so I'd grab that shit.
Beats the hell out of any pistol out there.
>>
File: sir zerg.jpg (138KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
sir zerg.jpg
138KB, 409x393px
>>28690711
>"would be housebreaker was turned over to police last night suffering concusion and bleeding out of the ears after breaking into the house of a confirmed lunatic who assaulted him with stun grenades"

if you ever do it anon, I give my word to god I will mail you a bottle of scotch and I don't care if I have to send to a federal prison it in the anus of a prostitute
>>
I am helping out someone to get a shotgun and she wanted a DP12 double barrel.

I want to get her a Mossberg.
>>
>>28690700
Well it can get you locked up for one. Just firing your weapon is a no-no. If your life is not directly at risk in much of the country you might share a cell with the guy you "scared off". Beyond that you're still accountable for those rounds. If you fire warning shots and they hit anyone or their property and it's discovered you didn't actually need to do that (because they were warning shots for example) you are open to being fucked over in several ways.

Just don't do it. If you need more justification to keep you from being stupid go talk to some cops and firearms instructors instead of uncle Joe.

You're seriously better off yelling "A NU CHEEKI BREEKI" as loud as you can.
>>
>>28690813
what kind of ass-backwards country lets you keep a gun for self defence and makes it legal to shoot to kill; but makes it illegal to fire warning shots?!

so what, they would charge you with improper discharge of a firearm?
non-phisical assault because the burglar didn't threaten your welbeing only your property?
and you would get prison time for that?

you ought to fire the warning shots into the ground not the air though let it be said
>>
>>28690813
>>28690845
>NOT RACKING YOUR SHOTGUN AND SCARING OFF THE INTRUDER ITS LIKE YOU GUYS WANT TO BE MURDERED IN YOUR OWN HOME
>>
>>28690863
it's foolish to rely on intimidation for protection, but equally foolish not to try when you loose so little for trying

I'm aware your joking but it's a joke that makes me a bit cross because you can scare intruders off, and telling people not to try makes things life or death when it doesn't have to go that far
>>
File: hng.jpg (26KB, 251x230px) Image search: [Google]
hng.jpg
26KB, 251x230px
>>28690901
it's a fudd meme i think
>>
>>28690923
>>28690901
Yeah its a fudd meme I would never fucking do that its just funny to say it.
>>
>>28690845
Seriously, warning shots will get you fucked over. And yes, they can get you for things as simple as discharging a firearm within city limits if you did not actually need to do it.

If you're in the boonies you're probably much more capable of getting away with it considering several factors, even then try to hold off firing unless you need to kill a motherfucker. Don't ever use warning shots if you're in a town or city.
>>
>>28690973
best answer.
>>
>>28687262
First post, best post
>>
>>28690845
If you find yourself in a situation where you're going to have to fire warning shots, you might as well just shoot the intruder.
>>
>>28690813
>go talk to some cops and firearms instructors instead of uncle Joe.
nigga, go talk to a fucking lawyer. In the end of the day, it's the lawyers who will be fighting against and for you in court if something goes wrong.
>>
>>28690359
Don't even worry about it. All deaths/injuries resulting from a defensive shooting are considered the fault of the aggressor. So you can't get jailed for it.
Not sure about civil lawsuits arising from the injured party though
>>
File: CAM00516.jpg (338KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00516.jpg
338KB, 1024x768px
>>28687196

As silly as it sounds, it depends on my mood / laziness / how convinced I am there's an intruder.

If it was just a small noise, something that could easily have been shifting dishes in the sink or the room mates piece of shit cat, I'm too lazy to grab my AR and clear all the way down the stairs. In this case, I probably grab my handgun and do a quick check of the house.

If the noise was definitely out of the ordinary, and represents a high likelihood there is someone in the house that I didn't expect, I grab my AR because it's the better choice in almost every way.
>>
Well if the floodlights didn't scare em off and they get inside, and get past 3 big ass German shepherds then I'll probably use all 4
>>
I'd grab the remote on my side table and play something on full blast on my surround sound downstairs to distract him, probably something with psychological effects like "happy together" by the turtles. I'd come sliding down the banister from the stairs on the other end of the house screaming like a cracked-out asian man when the chorus hits and empty the magazine of the shotgun in his general direction as quickly as possible, even if he's halfway down the block by then.
>>
>>28690801
Dp12 isn't known for reliability, Mossberg is, you dun good
>>
>>28691780
I chortled
>>
File: truthbeauty.jpg (108KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
truthbeauty.jpg
108KB, 742x960px
>>28687643
>>28687708
They're pretty lackluster. Look up the boxotruth tests on them; all those discs slap together and flatten out in the barrel. I wouldn't stand in front of one but .410 is for rabbits, snakes, and little birds.

All this recent .410 revivalism comes from the taurus judge aka the ultimate fudd HD gun.
>>
>>28690845
Gee what could be wrong with shooting negligently into your neighborhood when you didn't really need to shoot in the first place?

If you don't need to shoot center of mass on someone trying to kill you, you don't really need to shoot at all. If it's not life or death then you don't need your gun in the first place.
>>
File: smitt.jpg (21KB, 512x362px) Image search: [Google]
smitt.jpg
21KB, 512x362px
>>28687262
>>
>>28687262

/k/, a magical place
>>
>>28687196
whichever one is loaded and the most ready to fire
>>
>>28691855
crime enabler pls go
>>
>>28688030
this guy knows what's up
>>
File: kreiger.gif (937KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
kreiger.gif
937KB, 500x281px
>>28687708

>defense disc
>>
>>28687708
damn that looks pretty awesome
>>
Im taking the 9mm, i feel more comfortable with it. Story time btw

>3 am
>snuggling with gf in bed
>cant sleep, got a funny feeling
>house alarm system goes off, shits loud as fuck
>do a sick mallninja barrel roll over my gf to get to the nightstand
>retrieve FNS9
>tell gf to stay put as i fast walk out of the room chambering a round
>clear the house, no melanin enriched gentlemen to be found
>no broken windows
>still on high fucking high alert
>put on boots and coat and go clear around the outside of the house
>all clear
>finally satisfied, go back to bed
>gf is very horny upon my return
>stick it inside
>swirled it around for about ten min

Throughout the entire incident, i was wearing nothing but silkies. Silkies are GOAT
>>
>>28692338
>gf gets hot by thought of getting invaded
>starts paying bro for setting off alarm once a week
Perfect.
>>
>>28692428
>implying i have to pay a bro just to spank her ass with a belt

Tbh fampai was a bit disappointed i didn't get to waste some coons
>>
>>28687196
none of the above but i'll take a .357 mag revolver from under the pillow
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.