[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movie Myth Meltdown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10

File: 67th Chairborne SSDG.jpg (173KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
67th Chairborne SSDG.jpg
173KB, 1200x1500px
>Rack the slide after having held someone at gunpoint for minutes

>Anti personnel mine only explodes when you step off of it

>Defibrillator restarts heart

What grinds your gears?
>>
File: 1444205224662.gif (351KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
1444205224662.gif
351KB, 263x239px
>>28684710
>Defibrillator restarts the heart.
Not like a cold reboot, but that's pretty much what it accomplishes.

>Anti-personnel mine only explodes when you step off of it.
Some do, some don't, depending on the model.

>Rack the slide after having held someone at gunpoint for minutes.
Cuz they're a fag and didn't have a round chambered beforehand, but it's for the intimidation factor.
>>
>>28684783
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventricular_fibrillation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-personnel_mine#Effect
>>
>>28684882
>Wikipedia
Do some homework faggot, the page explains how a mine kills you, not the exact mechanic of activation for every APM ever produced, of which the designs have varied greatly.
>>
>>28684882
An AED can actually restart a fully-stopped heart. Will it do it 100% of the time? Fuck no. But it is one of its intended uses.

Just because its PRIMARY use is to correct fibrillations doesn't mean it's the ONLY use it has.
>>
>>28684913
Well I'm no researcher of military gear catalogs. But I believe the Mythbusters have good people for that. And those came up zilch when looking for a mine, current or historic, that activates when the pressure is removed from the sensor. It's just Hollywood.

Find a specific model and I will eat my words.
>>
File: 1326409723106.jpg (451KB, 1247x813px) Image search: [Google]
1326409723106.jpg
451KB, 1247x813px
>>28684936
Not same guy but "restart" isn't the best term. A an AED or monitor can only electrically correct a "shockable" rhythm being VTAC, VFIB, or unstable brady or tachydysrhythmias. If the person is in cardiac arrest with either asystole(lack of electrical activity) or PEA(electrical activity without mechanical capture) the AED will not advise a shock. An AED's only use is the correction of correctable cardiac arrythmias.
>>
>Bullet instasplodes fuel tank
>>
>>28685073
Yeah I fucked that up slightly.

You are absolutely correct on an AED. I'm not really sure why I jumped from "defibrillator" to "AED".

A manually-operated defibrillator, the ones in hospitals with the paddles, can restart a fully stopped heart (either PEA or asystole). Well, providing luck and no extenuating injuries exist.
>>
>>28684710
>car doors stop bullets
They won't even stop .22lr at 100m unless it hits the hinge or window motor.
>people can have a 30min indoor firefight with rifles and still converse normally during and after without wearing earpro
lol no
>all explosives throw a humongous fireball
No actual explosive throws any kind of fireball, because it's an explosion not a combustion. That's done as movie FX with a water bottle full of gasoline taped to the explosive.
>people can be within 100ft of massive explosions, get tossed 30yds, and get up like it's nothing
If you're close enough to an explosion for the shockwave to actually pick you up you will be dead from overpressure injuries before the dust settles, immediately rendered unconscious from major brain trauma, and probably turned into swiss cheese from secondary fragmentation/flying debris
>>
>>28685135
This is not true and the procedure is medically not indicated. There's articles, but they're paywalled. It's common knowledge among medical professionals though.

The anecdotes about recovery from asystole are likely just cases of unnoticeable VFIB.
>>
>>28685184
Even though it's not medically indicated everybody tries anyway, because it's better to do "something" than immediately call it. And, occasionally, it works (whether or not that'd due to unnoticed vfib I don't know).

The hospital I worked at would fucking paddle anybody and everybody that didn't have a perfectly normal heartbeat. And yeah, that killed a few people that might have otherwise survived.

Hell I watched them paddle someone that'd gotten their chest run through with a telephone pole and didn't even have a heart (or lungs or liver or about a foot of spine) left.
>>
>>28685177
PDs have started buying bullet resistant cruisers. Not sure if they will stop a rifle slug, me thinks not. But handguns will not go through and the officers are instructed to take cover behind their car doors.
>>
>>28684953
S-Mine is a great example of that. Doesn't make much sense for it to try and shoot up the moment it has pressure, it needs 7lbs to trigger, than when it's released it'll shoot up and explode.

Really though there is no specific model for most other mines because it all depends on the fuses. Some fuses were pressure fired, some were pressure release toggles, (what we're talking about) there's also piezoelectric fuses, spring striker fuses, and several other types I can't think of off the top my head.

Russians had a standard fuse well for most of their mines by the way, so you could stack up AT mines behind a door and have a striker fuse attached to a string.

Usually though the pressure toggle type is a binary thing, they go off if you release the pressure so stepping on one when it's in the "on" state wouldn't matter. (don't advise it though)
>>
>>28685211
Interesting 'hospital' there, friend.
>>
File: 1301383424334.jpg (1MB, 2000x1312px) Image search: [Google]
1301383424334.jpg
1MB, 2000x1312px
>>28685135
Don't mean to sound harsh, but a manually operated defibrilator won't have an effect on PEA or asystole for the reason that those aren't electrically correctable rhythms. PEA usually manifests in the form of bradycardic sinus rhythms or sinus rhythms with higher degree heart blocks which are recoverable rhythms if mechanical capture can be attained, so the course of action would be to continue or initiate CPR rather than shock. Asystole is unshockable for the fact that no rhythm exists to shock. Defibrilation is unsynchronized cardioversion, so you rhythm must be something you can cardiovert. The procedure for asystole is again CPR in conjunction with various medications like epi or atropine for instance.
>>
>>28685212
Well, officers have been instructed to take cover behind their car doors since officers drove Model A's.

Also, how many PD's have a 100% compliant vehicle fleet? I know my city's not got a single one other than their already-armored Bearcats, and we're a major metro with lots of money.

I'd be willing to bet that if you made a habit of shooting cruiser doors 95% of them would be fully penetrated by a .380.
>>
>>28685226
yay rural hospital in a corrupt state.
>>
>>28684953
I'm >>28685214 by the way.

Also I want to add on to my post that while all of that is true, your vast majority of mines are detonated instantly with pressure. That shit with the movies is pretty rare because it doesn't really make sense to have a mine that does that unless you're deliberately fucking with the enemy.
>>
>>28685227
Understood and thanks for the info. I'm going off of what I've seen as opposed to book knowledge/med school. I'm a fucking CNA.
>>
>>28685214
The S-Mine needed 15 lbs to trigger, had a four second delay, and no on-release shenanigans.

Name one fuse then.
>>
>Guy has a glock or some other kind of striker fired gun.
>Extremely distinct hammer cocking sound as they enter the dramatic area where drama is going to happen.
CSI-type shows are notorious for this.
>>
>>28685283
In that same vein:
>your safety's on
>gun doesn't have an external safety
>>
>>28685297
Or
>Guy pulls trigger
>Gun clicks as if hammer fell
>"Safety is on!"
>It's a berretta.
>>
>>28685297
Is there any current service sidearm with a safety?
I thought they phased those out because they just made people assume that "the safety is on".
>>
>>28685283
>every time someone so much as jiggles a weapon (not even a firearm, any weapon) it sounds like a 300-person chorus of idiots shaking tupperware containers of metal bits
This pisses me off.
>unholster weapon? >CLACKCLACKSHINGCLICKSHUNKCLACKPINGTINK
>ever so slightly adjust grip on rifle?
PINGCLACKSWHOOSHPLUNKCLACK
>take safety off something not an AK?
CLICKSWHWINGCLACKPLUNK
>take safety off an AK?
>*nuclear explosion noise*
Well at least they almost got the last one right.
>>
>>28685328
>unsheathe a sword
SHWWWWIIING
>>
>>28685272
I thought it was 7lbs, but that makes sense because 15lbs is roughly 7kg so maybe that's what I was thinking.

As for naming a fuse, I can't think of the Russian designation off-hand but I know there's one in US inventory called the "M5 FD". I always heard it called a "mousetrap fuse"
>>
>>28685326
Yes. Quite a few.
>military
The M9 has a safety, which also functions as a decocker.
>LEO
Sig, Beretta, the old S&W boat anchors, XD's, and probably a dozen others. Not everybody carries a Glock or M&P.
>>
>>28685272
I'm >>28685354 again

I just thought of one that perfectly fits the bill of what we're talking about: the M142 FD, can be a string fuse, pressure release fuse, and a plain pressure fuse.

So yeah, there's one there, but it still doesn't truly function like in the movies.
>>
>>28685351
>pull dagger out of your sleeve
SHHHWWWIINGG
>open pocketknife
SHHWIIINNGG
>draw a bow
SSSCRRAAAAAPPPPEEEE
>pick up an axe that's just sitting there
SSSHHHWWWWIIIINGGG

Also those retarded whiffing noises any time anyone swings a melee weapon regardless how slowly they swing it.
>>
>>28685243
Handgun-rated ballistic door panels for driver and front passenger has been a Ford factory option on Crown Vics since at least 2007.
>>
>>28685389
True. But that's just larger-than-life stuff, not actual misinformation.
>>
File: 1440194202029.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440194202029.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
>>28685356
>Sig
>manual safety
>XD
>implying service pistol
>>
>>28685389
>>28685351
>>28685328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtAqrMPmG8
>>
>>28685227
how many epi pens would you use on a 150-200lb person and where would you stick them if asystole
>>
>>28685417
The last Crown Vic rolled off the assembly line in Canada in 2011. They don't make 'em anymore.
>>
>>28685386
That is not an area denial weapon, but a safeguard against tampering. You put it under a box you think the enemy will lift, or under one of the mines in your mine field. It triggers when pressure is released. But if you find it dug into the ground with that configuration it just means the field was laid down by morons who didn't know what they were doing.
>>
File: 42048105907.jpg (27KB, 540x314px) Image search: [Google]
42048105907.jpg
27KB, 540x314px
>>28685465
Did not know about this channel. Thanks mang
>>
>>28685515
And the Ford Taurus Police and Dodge Charger Pursuits that replaced them also have armored doors.
>>
>>28685501
In the movies they always load their crash epi with 300, must be mg. Once circulation has seized you have no circulation. So I guess directly to the heart would be good?
>>
>>28685449
>sig with manual safety
Yep. At least one department near me carries the SAO P220, which has a manual safety. Also the P226 Elite, X-Five, and X-Six have the option of a manual safety on the DA/SA models.

There are also approximately 200 LEA's nationwide that issue an XD.
>>
>>28685535
>not an area denial weapon
>"put it under a box you think the enemy will lift"

That's a viable area denial strategy anon, that is exactly what a minefield is.
>>
>>28685562
>That replaced them

Not all of them. Austin bought a huge stockpile of 2012 Crown Vic's and stuffed them into a warehouse so they wouldn't have to change.
>>
>>28684710
I like the Family Guy episodes where they load four shells into a double-barreled shotgun and then pump it.
>>
>>28685587
Show me the movie scene where a soldier steps on a mine under a box.
>>
>>28685562
So what about the Chevy Impala, which is like the #2 most produced police car in the world?

And how did we get off track from "all car doors in movies stop bullets" to "well these relatively recent special-order purpose built police cars MIGHT have handgun-rated ballistic protection in them, if the department chose to order that package"?
>>
File: snap-00123.png (321KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
snap-00123.png
321KB, 720x404px
>>28685631
That might have been intentional.
>>
>>28685101
>car crashes
>fuckhuge explosion

>>28685631
>Family Guy
>>
I love the movie Sorcerer (1977) to no end, but good god does that opening scene with the silenced revolver shot annoy me

Is that the earliest example of a literal "pew pew" sound effect in film for a silenced gun?
>>
>>28685657
>has never seen an early-90's Ford Explorer get rear-ended
They earned the nickname Exploder for a reason.
>>
>>28685501
Actual epi pens are not preferable due to the concentration and route of administration. For cardiac arrest it's 1mg IV or IO for both 1:1000 and 1:10000.The dose remains the same although the volume and concentration administered is different. There is no max dose for epi when used for cardiac arrest for the reason that epi hasn't actually been definitively proven to aid in resuscitative efforts. For sites best practice is to avoid working for an IV in a circulatory compromised patient since the hypovolemic or distributive lack of fluids make vein identification and spearing difficult, so an IO to the humeral head of proximal tibia is preferred, although the military field environment may advocate the sternal body in the case of a FAST1. Those aren't preferred in the civilian environment due to the difficulty of infusion through the bone without a pressure infuser.
>>
>>28685632
... what

I just said these mines aren't used like that in movies wtf
>>
>>28685752
neat
more reading
>>
Zombie movies
>big groups of people
>talking really loud
> two zombies? Let me empty my magazine
>flashlights
>oh the horde? Let me sit in one spot and slice down 30 before I get pumbled to death
>let's stay in this "safe zone"
>who needs to shit drink water or eat?
>that thin apartment wall will keep them out. (I've personally kicked through an apartment wall.)
>nothing can break shatterproof glass
>oh I got shot in the leg? I'll just limp.
>broken bones? ^^^^^^^^^^
>oh hey another person, I'm sure they're friendly.
>>
I know this game was just weird all around, but the stances any of the characters in this game make.
Just pause on some.

>holding your revolver diagonally one-handed
>dual-wielding pistols sideways
>holding your revolver over your head, nearly upside down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63MNomjm-4I
>>
Ok, ruin my childhood. How realistic was Jack Bauer's off hand holding flashlight, main hand holding gun crossgrip stance? It was always so cool to me.
>>
>>28686046
A legit strategy of the time. There have been probably a dozen different ways to hold a flashlight in your off hand that've been "oper8r approved" over the last 70 years.

Granted they're all outclassed by a weapon-mounted strobing light (since people shoot at lights and that light is normally directly in front of your chest the strobing part is a -really- good idea) these days, but weapon-mounted lights prior to about 1993 sucked dick.
>>
>>28684710
>hammer cocking sound plays every time someone points a glock at somebody else
>>
>>28686167
Is that why those rail mounted lights had the strobe option? Huh, I had no idea. I always thought it was some tacticool BS feature.
>>
>>28684710
Some niggas will rack the slide despite one already being in the chamber and let one fall out to be intimidating. So if you ever get caught at gunpoint by some wannabe hardass just say "I don't believe that's a real gun/I don't believe you that it's loaded" they'll rack it and one will fall out. Just continue saying that until the gun is unloaded then simply walk away as they scramble to reload their mag.
>>
>>28686190
well it is a tacticool feature but it's not BS.
>>
>>28685692
You would have a stroke if you watched the get smart TV series.

semi auto handguns aside from some sort of fucked up luger appear EXTREMELY rarely, and the only suppressed guns that are ever seen are revolvers.
>>
>>28685632
>Show me the movie scene where a soldier steps on a mine under a box.

We've reached critical autism levels. Abandon the discussion before it's too late.
>>
I can't remember which movie this was, but

>bad guys in a skyscraper like a hundred stories up
>SWAT team rolls up, exits the van in high ready, run to the elevators in high ready, go up the elevators in high ready

it was like they were the real-life version of an FPS character model that doesn't have enough animations.
>>
>>28686845
Would they even take the elevators IRL?
>>
>>28685177
There are accounts of soldiers being picked up the shockwave of IED detonations and being perfectly unharmed. Extremely rare? Yes, but it can be done in the most perfect conditions.
>>
>>28687929
People have survived chute failures when skydiving from 10,000 feet. That doesn't mean you should jump without a chute.
>>
>>28687966
That's why I said in the most perfect conditions. No sane man would recommend standing in the vicinity of an explosion and hoping to be in the just right spot to not be harmed. It has happened, but that's not justification to do it intentionally.
>>
>>28688009
stop advocating people stand near blasts, retard. only the lucky ones escape unscathed
>>
>>28688009
But movies make it look like a bomb can go off and if the fire doesn't hit you, you'll fly backwards, groan a little even if you pancake a car, and be ok. The thread is about shit from movies that bother you. Pointing out that there is an extremely slight chance of survival doesn't really matter.
>>
>>28688020
Action movie heroes are the luckiest creatures known to this universe. They manage to accomplish everything in just the right amount of time, and survive everything.
>>
Can't think of a movie where it happened, but
Revolver fires
sound of empty casing hitting the ground.
Dexter and the Walking pleb are guilty of this
>>
>Get shot in shoulder
>Has shoulder in white bandage in next scene but is otherwise fine and still has full use of arm.
>If a tv show, next episode, completely healed
Remember, a shoulder is just a big sack of meat. There is no complicated joint underneath that muscle that will require a year of surgery and physical therapy to restore.
>>
>>28688087
I can honestly not fathom how stupid you have to be to put that in a tv show
>>
>>28688843
Post production sound effects guys are so low on the totem pole when it comes to salaries and shit, that it wouldn't shock me if they did it on purpose for the shits and giggles. Or some producer was like "WHERES THE CLINGYCLANK OF THE BULLET HITTING THE GROUND?!"
>>
>>28688088

I hate when some asshole says, "well why didn't he just shot him in the leg?!"

It's called the femoral artery.

If you shoot people in the leg you're either an idiot or a sadistic fuck.
>>
>>28688088
Eh, this one's not so bad. What he got shot with was probably only 9mm.
>>
>>28688897
prob more like "CAN'T YOU MAKE IT MORE... UUMPH!?"
>>
>>28685328
>every time someone so much as jiggles a weapon (not even a firearm, any weapon) it sounds like a 300-person chorus of idiots shaking tupperware containers of metal bits

EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
>>28685417
The newer Ford Taurus derived ones have Ballistic Panels as an option.
>>
>>28685283
Also just manually cock in DA/SA guns as an intimidation technique. I guess it could be seen as putting it on a hair trigger but half the time I think they're relying on the audience assuming it couldn't fire until that happened.
>>
>>28688044
They also never need to take a shit
>>
>>28685633
I haven't seen a chevy impala police car in awhile. All I see around here are Crown Vics, Chargers, and Tauruses
>>
>>28685135
Defib does fuck all for asystole and PEA. Continue chest compressions.
>>
>>28685389
>>28685351
>>28685328
>I don't understand what Foley is or the principles of movie sound design
>>
>>28693007
Then please enlighten us while I rack the slide on my double barrel shotgun and pull the hammer back on my glock.
>>
>>28693007
That's alright, neither did George Lucas.
>>
>>28693018
Sound effects have to be post-synched because the audio captured on set is almost never satisfactory. It's like music, the sound is integral to the scene and without it the picture will feel very awkward and "empty." Swishing swords add weight and physicality to the action, and help the viewers track what's happening from shot to shot. Often it's desirable to have hyperrealistic sound design for these reasons.
>>
File: wowgaboh.jpg (56KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
wowgaboh.jpg
56KB, 400x228px
>>28685818
>I've personally kicked through an apartment wall
>>
File: niggershoop.gif (25KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
niggershoop.gif
25KB, 100x100px
>>28687855
>kill dude on 94th floor
>see SWAT van pull up through window
>take a 2 hour nap
>set up on the stairs and wait
>highly exhausted SWAT guys who dropped most of their protective gear stumbling up the stairs
>shoot them
>mfw can take another 2 hour nap
>>
>>28684710
gun "noises" like picking up an AR and it sounds like picking up a pile of metal pieces that are grinding against eachother

where the fuck did that even come from???
serious question
>>
>>28685573
>once circulation has ceased
which is why you continue chest compressions, and keep blood flowing. Epi is typically mainlined into an IV if the patient is already tapped. If not, into the heart is also used.
>>
>>28685243
They taught me to hide behind the wheels or engine. And if someone comes at the front of the car, got to the back. Most people shoot into the driver's seat even of it's not occupied. Heat of the moment and all that. But still, ut's a bad idea to count on the perp being a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>28685212
>rifle slug
>>
>>28685356
Literally every LEO I've gotten in a firefight with has had a glock .45 or 9x19 para, where do you live where they don't carry Glocks?
>>
>>28684710
In 13 Hours, two operators are set up on top of a building. One has an M4, the other has an M249. The M4 guy turns to the machine gunner and says. "Is that thing loud? Because I forgot ear pro."
>>
>>28684882
Its called pressure release, many a munitions can use this type of booby trap.

Some mines are pressure release, most are not.
>>
>>28693773
I'm hoping you're on the LEO's side?

And I know NYPD officers can choose between a Glock, Sig, or S&W I believe, all chambered in 9mm, but if you've been on the force for like 20 years, you can still carry the old .38 Specials. My friend just became a cop in my town. New officers are all issued Glocks in .45, while cops that have been on the force for a while either carry Glocks or Sigs.
>>
>>28693237
>SWAT guys pile in elevators
>Bad guys pull firealarms and trap them inside
>>
>>28693919
SWAT has the override key from the fire department, or a man in the control room.
>>
>>28684710
Many and in fact most contemporary APMs (contemporary as in manufactured/designed after 1960) are pressure release triggered and spring loaded or use a booster charge so that when the person steps OFF of the mine, the charge is launched vertically to average adult male mid-chest height then detonates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounding_mine

The mine you're thinking of is likely a blast mine that detonates when the person steps on it to blow off a limb
>>
>>28685135

AEDs can convert V-fib/pulseless V-tach to a viable rhythm. It is not statistically common. Nor is it common for a manual defibrillator to do that. Most of the time, when a heart stops it stays that way.

My problem is that on TV, when a person is defibrillated, they immediately wake up and start sputtering and walk off. No. No, they don't do that shit. Generally, they don't even start breathing again on their own. If your brain goes without oxygen for any significant length of time, it's going to be pretty fucked up. Maybe forever. Nursing homes have lots of residents who went that route and are now drooling into their laps.

In almost two decades of work in EMS, I have seen two patients who "coded" and were revived with a full neurological recovery. Both were witnessed arrests with the defibrillated pads on their chests. They were defibrillated within seconds.

Everybody else was a varying degree of fucked.
>>
>>28685135
Defibrillation is only to resync cardioversion, which v-fib is a unsynchronized form of. If there is no rhythm (asystole), then there is nothing to shock, period.
If the patient goes into asystole, you continue chest compressions and administer epi until the heart is restarted or time of death is declared. You don't shock a flatline, ever.
>>
>>28694168

No, you do not.

People do it as sort of a hail mary pass because they have shit for other options, but no. You shouldn't do it.
>>
>>28693957
FDNY ran all the way up to the top of the WTC building. Granted its why so many of them got killed but they did 9)+ flights of stairs using comparable gear.
>>
>>28684710
>>Anti personnel mine only explodes when you step off of it
Isn't that how some russian mines work though?
>>
>>28694238
Hooray! Denis Leary is the best!

When there is a hostage situation the elevators still work.
>>
>on a helicopter in Vietnam
>"Fortunate Son" playing

I asked multiple combat Vietnam vets, none of them heard fortunate son playing as they went into combat. Yet every single movie depicts it blasting over speakers.
>>
>>28694286
>Yet every single movie depicts it blasting over speakers
Name one
>>
>>28694238
Good thing they just lowered their standards for women who can't pass
>>
>>28684882
>wikipedia
oh boy here we go
>>
>>28694286
I know of a lot of movies that have it playing over a scene, but IN the scene
>>
>>28694308
Forest Gump had it in there iirc
>>
>>28694401
>>
>>28694286
>not it ain't me
>>
>>28694319
the icing on the cake is they lowered the standards in big cities with tall buildings and skyscrapers, places where you really need big burly men with swinging dicks who has to put up with running up a large flight of stairs in full firefighter gear.
>>
>>28694386
That's the joke.
>>
>>28694520
Imagine what her career is going to be like
Spending all her time sharing a firehall with guys who know she wasn't competent enough to hack it but got a free pass
>>
>>28684783
>>28684936

Transcutaneous pacing is not the same as defibrillating you faggots.
>>
>>28694648
If is like anything in the military, she'll be oblivious the entire time, get whatever she wants in regard to leave despite seniority, and be the first one to complain about doing actual work. Eventually will file sexual harassment complaint when she's passed over for promotion for someone who's been in the building for over a decade
>>
>>28685135
As my mother told me (she is a doctor) they basically only use the defib on a code as an absolute Hail Mary, and literally they only do it on a code if family members happen to see it, because families ask the same damn "why didn't you defib them" question and get super pissy if you don't "try everything like da movies!!"
>>
>>28696721
This
I worked in trauma for a short time, most of the time, the patient is far past gone and we usually defib 4-5 times more than necessary (also we usually hit them with enough epi to wake up a comatose elephant) if family is present so they don't sue our ass for not doing enough.
Doing 5 minutes of compressions when you know they're already dead fucking sucks.
>>
>>28699318
So that's what it's come to.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.