[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Felons with guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: ATF-Agent-generic.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ATF-Agent-generic.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
I have a friend that is a felon. I feel like this guy could handle a firearm and he talks about it sometimes, yet does not seem to have any intent on getting one. Mostly spouts Glock memes because he listens to shit-hop. I haven't really talked about it too much (don't want to give ideas) but couldn't you just go to a gun show?

I live in the PNW and it seems that if a person really wanted to they could obtain a firearm pretty easy. I go to gunshows around here fairly often and have gotten guns no prob, sometimes without a background check/FFL.

Two questions:
>if this is so easy why is there a black market for firearms?
>should felons be banned from owning firearms?

I do not like suspending the right of anyone, but what does this really accomplish?
>>
>>28666953
OP is a gigantic faggot
>>
>>28667017
Expected meme response.

>any input faggot?
>>
Honestly it keeps guns out the hands of niggers cus they too lazy into gunshow.
>>
Most felons are barred from owning a gun. Yes they could buy one through a private sale which does not require a background check. If they are found with the weapon they are up shits creek though.

Background checks still do not stop felons because they can either straw purchase the firearm or find/steal/purchase a firearm that was stolen.

TLDR; people who don't care about laws will find ways to break them.
>>
>>28667033
It's a meme response to a shitty post, felons ARE barred from ownership. It's not a loophole to go to a gunshot and buy a gun in a private sale. If you buy a gun in a private sale and are a felon you ARE breaking the law. You sound like a faggot and your friend is a faggot.
>>
>>28667075
> OP here

I guess my big question is why is there a black market when so many states in the USA have private sales for firearms? Doesn't make any sense why a felon would pay a premium for a gun he could get cheaper easily.
>>
>>28667100
> hearing the word faggot on /k/

I get it on /k/ eveybody is a faggot. I will expand on it a bit. If gun control is raging (as it is nowadays) why is the gun control pushers not pushing this harder?

>ur a fag lol
>>
>>28666953
This is kind of a /pol/ question, but I'll give an opinion.

I think that felons should be allowed to own a single shot .22 rifle or 20 gauge for home defense. I don't believe they could do much damage with it. The idea is that felons who are trying to get away from gangs and other crime need defense more than anyone. This would help stop gangs from controlling people in my opinion, which would lead to a better society overall.
>>
>>28667075
I believe every felon is barred from owning a gun. technically it could be a misdemeanor that evolved into a 12 month+ prison sentence.
>>
File: 1451000379685.jpg (41KB, 380x574px) Image search: [Google]
1451000379685.jpg
41KB, 380x574px
>>28666953
You most likely will not find someone dumb enough to sell to a stranger without a bill of sale, especially to a nig or wig
>>
>>28667142
Agreed (OP) here, can you imagine needing to live off the land and needing a rifle to feed your family? And having to use black powder?
>>
>>28666953

There is no reason to ban non-violent felons from owning a gun. Violent ones are question mark. Maybe After 15 years of not getting convicted of anything would be great way to ensure whether a criminal has turned into a productive law abiding citizen.
>>
>>28667153
I have absolutely. I live in the PNW and have bought firearms in parking lots a few times. S'how I got my nugget.
>>
>>28667105
Guns are cheaper on the black market, not more expensive.
The rain is because they're stolen firearms to begin with, so the seller can set whatever price he wants without operating at a loss.
>>
>>28667171
(OP) this person has an assault charge related to driving, as far as I can tell that's it. He's an upstanding guy IMO and I hate people. I'm on fucking 4chan lol.
>>
File: freedom.png (95KB, 457x585px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.png
95KB, 457x585px
>>28666953
>>28667105

>if this is so easy why is there a black market for firearms?

Cheaper. You'd be suprised how little some these "hot" guns are worth, since most are stolen and/or have already been used in a shooting and thus need to be dumped off. A Glock with the serial numbers filed off and with a body or two on it can be had for around $150. Police presence at some gunshows can make criminals pretty nervous too.

Also pretty much every gun shop keeps a record of the serial number of your firearm purchase along with the ATF form 4473, IIRC. If a gun is recovered then the police perform ballistics, and check local gun stores in the area for purchases of the same model and serial number of gun used; if they match it then they can find the first buyer of the gun and can start tracing the end user from that point on.

My view on the matter is that if we, as a society, can not trust someone with a firearm THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY OUT OF PRISON?

>I have a friend that is a felon. I feel like this guy could handle a firearm and he talks about it sometimes

You are now aware that blackpowder revolvers are not considered firearms in the eyes of the law and can be brought and shipped to your door, with ammo, for $250.
>>
>>28667181
(OP) are they really cheaper? I'm not talking about murder weapons or anything being cheap, but from what I've read the prices seem higher.

>whats to prevent a felon from selling a firearm?
>>
>>28666953
Felons who have paid their debt to society should not be restricted from owning arms.

Sincerely, a non-felon.
>>
Pretty sure he can use black powder pistols.
>>
>>28667105
Because if you ask the average gun owner to sell a gun to a felon he's going to tell you to fuck right off. He'd be breaking the law and not in a small way, and most people have deep-seated morals against assisting the arming of someone who will commit crimes with their weapons. I mean shit, what do you think the average person would say to "hey I went to jail for killing my ex-gf, can I buy that pistol off of you"?

Hence the black market.
>>
>>28667230
>>28667205
Why just black powder?
>>
>>28667236
Government doesn't consider them firearms for some reason, despite shiting out lead like any other gun.

>something something reenactors
>>
>>28667232
(OP) Hey man, ain't nobody trying to sell this guy a gun. It got my brain ticking about how easy it could be, and besides murder weapons for cheap why wouldn't you go to a gunshow and buy one in person?
>straw purchase
>i get it
>>
>>28666953

stolen guns are worth nothing because of the penalty associated with possessing them.
>>
Should there be some sort of hearing-court for felons to get their rights back?
>>
>>28667282
There is. If you were convicted of a federal offense, you could petition to the ATF to get your gun rights back. However, the Violence Policy Center lobbied congress to ban the ATF from acting on applications.

So now, the only way to get your gun rights back if you have a federal offense is to petition the president.
>>
>>28667188
How about minding your own fucking business?
He hasn't asked you for help, so fuck off
>>
>>28667277
(OP) I'm really not inquiring about stolen firearms, there are enough legal firearms circulating through the USA. What's to stop somebody from going on Armslist (lol) and meeting some dude in a parking lot.
>why do we feel the need to oppress felons when it seems so easy?
>why is there a real market for this garbage?
>>
>>28667167
Not just that, but if someone is actually a threat to society, they should be in prison.
>>
>>28667315
I'm asking a valid question, one that makes people think. How about you have some input faggot.
>>
>>28667333
well that is a given, what is you point anon?
>>
>>28667330
see
>>28667232

That guy is going to want to see your driver's license and if you're a felon he'll tell you to fuck off, potentially call the cops on you as well.
>>
>>28667357
Letting a serial rapist out of prison is retarded, but the law officials do it all the time. Makes me wonder why.
>>
>>28667358
how do you verify if somebody is a felon though? I have never seen it printed on any sort of state issued ID. I have literally had face to face transactions where no ID was looked at and I would expect most people here do too.
>>
>>28667100
>breaking the law is for faggots
How does that leather taste?
>>
>>28667380
Well you were risking breaking the law then, because it's illegal to sell to felons. Most people aren't as dumb as you are.
>>
>>28667129
They are pushing hard. They want to confiscate and ban all weapons because of your faggot friend.
Seriously, what kind of loser hangs around felons?
>>
File: Gasmask-Beer.png (581KB, 638x477px) Image search: [Google]
Gasmask-Beer.png
581KB, 638x477px
>>28667418
>implying that if you make a private sale it's ilegal

No friend, the law is if you suspect or have any reason to believe a someone is a felon YOU commit a crime. Have you never received a gun from or a friend a family member? Did not hold any single firearm in your life without being carded, technically that could be supplying a firearm to a felon if you are not careful.
>>
>>28667459
This guy is a stand up human being, all things considered.
>>
>>28667142
No, it doesn't work like that. How about the idea of free will and choice? They forfeit their right to own firearms when they choose to commit crimes. They didn't have to join a gang but they did. These are the consequences of those actions. They're fucked.
>>
>>28667171
If you can't be trusted to abide by the rules of society, why should they be trusted with a firearm?
>>
>>28667502
Maybe you live in a cucked society?
>>
>>28667188
An assault charge related to driving and you want to give this person an easy way to assault someone by giving letting them own firearms? He's committed a violet crime once, he's can't be trusted to not do it again.

Fuck you, faggot.
>>
>>28667476
Except his assault charge. Right. Very stand up.
>>
>>28667511
(OP) so this guy is from my home town, and he did a single car wreck. Nobody in the vehicle that was a "victim" pressed charges. The DA picked it up and slammed it.

Guy was out cruising on the back roads and wrecked his car. Everybody involved did not want to press, he said he went away for almost 2 years (quote).

What about that means he should lose his rights to own a gun?
>>
>>28666953
i dont really give a shit, personally. it makes no difference if felons are allowed to buy guns legally or not. i know several felons and all of them own several guns. its one of the main reasons that i believe so strongly that gun laws are useless. anyone in this thread who believes its difficult to get a gun, regardless of where you live or the legality, is a naive idiot.
>>
>>28667559
(OP) not trying to get aggro in this fight, but it seems kinda stupid.
>>
File: Guy_Fieri_LIT.jpg-large.jpg (40KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Guy_Fieri_LIT.jpg-large.jpg
40KB, 480x640px
>the fagets in this thread
>>
>>28667559
Okay, something here doesn't add up or is being left out, because that's not the way the system works--a DA doesn't just decide to go after somebody on a whim--was your friend driving drunk?
>>
>>28667488
Being born Black isn't a choice.
>>
>>28667559
DA doesn't need ''victims'' to press criminal charges. There is more to it than what you said.
>>
>>28667723
Race has nothing to do with anything. There are plenty of white, mexican, and asian gangs. And plenty of those races have nothing and do well.

Joining a gang is a choice.
>>
>>28666953
Hi OP... look if it's been 10 years you can (as a felon) own a gun for home defense. I own two in my name (it can't be a hand gun tho.) Shotguns or rifle only. You need to research or talk to a lawyer for more details
>>
>>28667806
You probably haven't bothered to read any gang literature, (you should, the stories are crazy) but you have to do flawlessly to avoid them if you happen to be born in a certain area. They're next door, they're at ur school, and theyre at the grocery, kicking your ass everyday til you join.
>>
>>28667105
Most law abiding private sellers will require a permit to make a sale. Not necessarily to record their info and make a log of it, but to at least be somewhat sure they aren't selling to a felon.

Or they just go with their gut. If you feel like he probably couldn't buy one at a store you may not want to sell it to him. This makes the black market of known criminals buying/selling/trading guns illegally possible and flourish
>>
>>28667723
>hispanic fella joins MS-13 = their choice
>white dude joins Aryan Brotherhood = their choice
>black guy joins Bloods = not their choice?
IT'S TEH SYSTEM'S FAULT
>>
>>28667645
(OP) yes it was a DUI everyone in the car technically would be, they were drinking and asked him for a ride which turned into a back roads-speedshow.

>dumbass

Yeah from what I've heard it turned into a drift thing out back, driving wild. Dude wrapped it up over a 100 and wrecked at a (T intersection?) or something in the sticks. No other cars for miles, blew through a walnut field or some shit.
>>
>>28666953
Not all felons are banned from owning firearms.
>>
File: RightToBearArms.jpg (42KB, 550x584px) Image search: [Google]
RightToBearArms.jpg
42KB, 550x584px
>>28666953
Let's assume you're not trolling, which you are, but let's assume you're not. You're gonna help your felon friend get a firearm? So that when he gets arrested again for owning a firearm illegally, you can be charged as an accessory to his getting one? Do it, I wanna see how this unfolds.
>>
>>28667973
(OP) Thank you, this makes alot of sense.
>>
>>28668201
(OP) No I clearly stated that I was not going to buy anybody anything, quit being a faggot. I am guilty of being Devil's advocate in this thread, I'm the fucking OP.
>>
>>28668165
Then he's fucked. And that's good. He doesn't deserve firearms. Or to drive.
>>
File: Bubbles-Rock.jpg (119KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Bubbles-Rock.jpg
119KB, 960x640px
(OP) I guess my inquiry is what is preventing someone?

> Arguing for gun rights
> Felons can into gunshow and get guns freely

Please explain how this does not conflict with /k/ views pls.
>>
>>28668114
A lot of them are raised in that environment because they have no other options. It's not like children can get jobs or work for themselves which just adds to the problem.
>>
>>28667468
(OP) someone answer this?
>>
>>28668235
(OP) I'm retarded and need to lurk more.
>>
>>28667150
I am pretty confident that there are no misdemeanors that have a sentence longer than 12 months (unless you had several with consecutive time)
Pretty sure that is what separates felonies and misdemeanors
>>
>>28668358
>>28668394
samefag fuck off
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.