[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag here don't have money for gun, at sports authority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Poorfag here don't have money for gun, at sports authority now, gettin' baseball bat weapon for home defense

What should I look for in a bat?
>>
Any bat. Just remember to drill out the center and fill it with lead.
>>
>>28665855
Interesting
>>
>>28665845
Remember a bat will only go so far fir you and you'll be getting close enough for a person to grapple with you to swing. A group could just decide fuck it and rush you.
People can be more scared by knives but they're less visable. Are you a hungry skeleton as well, because a bat might not be for you.

Maybe grab pepper spray or mace instead, or both.
>>
>>28665845

Get a short bat like a children's batt or a tea ball bat.

Shorter and easier to swing inside and one handed
>>
>>28665873

Teeball**
>>
Get a children's bat and if you can find one made of thick aluminum then that's even better.
>>
File: home defense.jpg (63KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
home defense.jpg
63KB, 800x533px
>>28665858
Also do this to it.
>>
>>28665845

You can get new pump action shotgun for less than $200.

No point in wasting money on a bat.
>>
>>28665845

Go to Harbor Freight / discount tool store in your area.

Buy a small hatchet for 12 bucks, or a firemans axe for 20 bucks.

If it worked for your dipshit ancestors, whose struggle for survival over the past millenia culminated in your poorfag ass, it'll work for you.
>>
>>28665845
aluminum
>>
>>28665845
If you are going to spend 100 bucks on a bat, get a mosin. You can even use it as a bat as well.
>>
>>28665917
Yeah this. Save up for a bit longer and get something like this https://www.classicfirearms.com/hawk-12-ga-978-pump-3inch-black-poly
>>
>>28665845
>get metal bat
>drill holes through both sides
>buy appropriate long bolts and nuts to fit through holes
>sharpen ends of bolts to points with steel grinder
>>
First of all remember that stopping power is the most important, so go with the bat that's the biggest. Don't listen to the pussy assholes that tell you that a smaller bat is ok for home defense. In a stressful situation you want a bat that can knock a Badguy off his feet in one blow. Also I'm a traditionalist so go with wood, because I wouldn't trust my life to that space age bullshit aluminum.
>>
go with a Louisville slugger wooden baseball bat, and find a size that fits YOU.
> a small bat might not have enough bang to knock down a 250 pound guy coming at you.
> a large bat in tight corners could be useless because you cant get a good swing in.
also when you buy your bat make sure you at least get use to swinging it around, so train like you would with a firearm or knife.
>>
>>28666297
...why? Nothing wrong with blunt force trauma.
>>
File: 1350489611-20049900.jpg (35KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1350489611-20049900.jpg
35KB, 1000x1000px
>>28665845
Just buy an axe handle.
>>
>>28666360
it would add armor piercing capabilities, blunt trauma wouldn't be incredibly effective against niggers with thick clothing
>>
>>28665845
Remember to buy some green and black face paints while you're out
>>
>>28665845
>sports authority
>not going to a thrift store to buy a shitty aluminum kids' bat, saving your meager money for a real weapon

nigga you can build a pipe shotgun for less than you can buy that bat for. Or you can buy a 20 dollar machete.

give us a budget and what you are protecting yourself from and we will give you better options
>>
i got an old moss berg 500 for 75 bucks. Works great. Just has someone else's name gouged into the wood.
>>
>>28665845
buy a machete, its cheaper, faster and has more intimidation factor
>>
>>28666007
>the ping
>>
>>28665845
The ability to shove it up your fruity ass.
>>
>>28666370
Good enough for strike busters
Good enough for me
>>
>>28666236
I bought both my lcp380 and lc9s 9mm for less than 200 each slightly used. Get a used lcp380 for $150 and you can put it in your pocket and forget it.
>>
>>28665863
Grab mace

>not grabbing A mace
>>
>buying a new bat for $99

>not just craiglist shopping or good will scrounging for a used one.
>>
>>28665900

That's retarded, though. Unless you want to deliberately make it less effective.
>>
>>28665845

Dont waste your money on cheapo aluminum bats op. Buy a brooklyn smasher off ebay. Thank me later
>>
File: 97GMSZ_m.jpg (16KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
97GMSZ_m.jpg
16KB, 500x333px
Get a short sword or something like pic related. maybe something other than cold steel but its better than nothing.
Nice and maneuverable for indoors, devastating thrusts.
plus who wouldn't think twice if you saw someone with a gladius running at them
>>
>>28666302
Underrated post
>>
>>28665845
>>28665845
4winds shotgun/tumbera. keep it legal length and you're golden.

>>28666370
whittle one end to a point, harden it with fire then varnish the whole thing as raw wood is *shudder*.
>>
>>28665863
>mace
I recommend the +2 mace of phantom slaying myself.
>>
Adding stuff to your bat like bolts and spikes can actually make you go to jail if you beat someone to death with it in a home invasion. Bats are tricky. You have to at one point stop and say is the threat over and am I just killing this person for fun? It's a messy and touchy topic for lawyers. With a firearm, you shoot and it's over most times and you didn't have any other choice because you can't stop the bullet mid air and you were in fear of losing your life. With a bat, you can't just keep hitting and hitting and hitting plus it's much more personal of a weapon and the likelihood of you beating someone to death unless you get some good swings in right away with luck are pretty slim. You will end up with a mentally retarded criminal taking all your shit anyways when they sue you and on top of that, you will be in jail for attempted 3rd degree manslaughter.
>>
>>28665845
get cheap machetes @ walmart
>>
Steel

Youth

Comfy grip
>>
>>28665947
A fireman's axe would cost me that little? One of those huge red ones? Nice, I've always wanted to cleave a home invader in two.
>>
>>28669711
Seriously, don't do any of this. Go to your local hardware store and purchase a $12 machete. Its a lot more intimidating and effective if you really have to use it. It has a flat profile so its a lot more concealable to. El Salvadorians have been doing this for ages, you never see them with ball bats.
>>
>>28665845
Wood, short, light
>>
>>28665845
Then make a $20 12g slam fire you boob!
>>
File: images(4).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>28665845
>>28665873
>>28665881
>>28665883
>>28666297
>>28666370
>>28668473
>>28669459
>>28669667

>Louisville Slugger TPX FUNGO
fungo-bat is optimum niggerbeater. Long thin shaft with more (relatively) concentrated mass on the end. Choice of wood or aluminum (go with aluminum, it's stronger). Lighter/shorter than most adult bats, better for close quaters one handed swings. Hits more like a hammer/mace. Very well balanced. Bat was literally designed to be swung one handed by baseball coaches self-pitching to teach flyball drills. Seriously these things are easy to swing and easy to swing hard, always keep mine in the backseat floorboards
>>
>>28665845
First if your poor go to the thrift shop and spend $10 on a bat.

This is much better. >>28670914
Especially with this >>28672558

Someone should make a guide for the ultimate poorfag loadout including diy stab/flack vest. Bet it could be done for less than one of those bats and put together even by bongs.
>>
>>28666302
If it's to large to swing in you house it's useless.
>>
File: muhbats.jpg (526KB, 1296x968px) Image search: [Google]
muhbats.jpg
526KB, 1296x968px
I have a bat infestation
>>
Just make and atlatl and sharpen some sticks.

That way I can see the Brady Campaign trying to outlaw caveman assault weapons when you skewer a few home intruders.
>>
>>28665917
This.

Or just buy a hi point. /k/ may call you a poorfag and all that bullshit but in the end they want you safe.
>>
>>28667225
>we m1 now.
>>
File: tmp_9237-392167-1148264425.jpg (337KB, 2769x2589px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9237-392167-1148264425.jpg
337KB, 2769x2589px
>>28665845
Screw a bat, get a machete. I've got mine right next to my bed, shit is great
>>
Go to thrift stores

I have like 40 bats and the most I ever paid for any one bat is $1.50
>>
Short enough to swing in close quarters and heavy enough to carry some momentum. Good luck fending off a gun-wielding home invader though.
>>
>>28668625
while ur at it, get a shield too
>>
Just get a shotgun or something off facebook.

I see single shot 12 gauges all the time for $75-$100
>>
>>28665845
Build your own gun fag. It's not fucking hard and it won't cost you much even without any expensive tools. A single shot 9mm would probaly be the suitable for home defense, but if you don't like the idea of having only one shot there are plenty of simple designs online for bolt actions or semiautos. You can also go for a even cheaper slam fire shotgun but slam fire is for teenagers with free time and a YouTube channel.
>>
>>28673327
I'm pretty tempted to compile one, the only issue is all body armor is fucking illegal here so construction may get a bit iffy.

Would rather go above board if possible than get an unwanted prostate exam from Tyrone after I'm caught
>>
>>28676335
>>28673327
Tbh it's not difficult to do; just convert a fishing vest or motocross pads & boil some leather panels til they're rock-hard, then alternate layering with salvaged sheet metal.

It's shitty but it's better than nothing.
>>
>>28665845
Dilute bleach a bit and put it in a spray bottle. Aim for the eyes and then use your bat
>>
>>28665845
Isn't the use of a bat for self-defense really hard to defend in court?
>>
>>28677133
Indeed. I have a friend who was assaulted, he picked up a bat to defend himself (he was with his brother, they were at a house where his brother was picking some shit up and the guy had some meth-freakout). He ended up dying but the guy got off because my friend picked up the bat.
>>
>>28677133
Not in a place that doesn't have cuck laws

People in the USA can defend themselves.

Op even a single barrel shotgun would be better and costs like twenty bucks more. Get that and a five dollar she'll sleeve at the very least
>>
>>28677261
Yes of course, but not every place in the world has laws like you do.
I'm pretty sure I could get into serious shit if I attack an intruder that has entered my home at night with a bat if I keep it next to my bed.
I keep a maglite next to my bed, because that would make more sense in the eyes of the court if I tell them I keep it there to not wake up my wife with the big light if I wake up early.
>>
>>28677312
Just get a carbon steel sword from trueswords and convince them you're a weeb that "hung it for decoration and happened to grab it". Don a fedora, fingerless gloves and trenchcoat as your " battle garb" and keep a modest collection of movie posters, obscure anime DVDs, and a moderately stained waifu pillow case in your bedroom. Have a fewcold steel catalogs laying around with a YouTube subscription to lindybeige. You won't be convicted of anything except to a lifetime of memehood and it is much deadlier than a pussy little flashlight.
>>
>>28677312
I doubt the intruder would go to the cops. Just don't bash their head in and you're good.
>>
>>28677361
You'd be surprised how most European justice systems work.
>>
>>28676335
>>28676371

Stab/impact armor is easier than that. Replace insulation fluff in a jacket with layers of cloth to the same thickness. Padded cloth armor has been the primary form of human armor since forever. I got a pad I made from 9 pairs of workpants legs stuffed inside each other. That makes a pad 18 layers thick, then I took an old rain fly from a tent, I cut that in half, rolled it up wide and put that in the middle. (Worked for flack jackets) I had to use a nail and hammer to make the holes to quilt it together.

Once again...
A NAIL AND HAMMER TO PUNCH HOLES IN IT!
Next time im quilting two layers at a time.
Soft and squishy stab proof padding. No one is going to disassemble your coat to find illegal layers of denim and nylon.
>>
>>28679098
That sounds extremely heavy.
So on top of your clothing you wear a vest and 9 pants?
>>
>>28665845

$80-$100 for a fucking bat? You could buy a used hipoint for that.
>>
>>28679999

Pads in a vest made from old workpants (cheap tough material) replacing fluff. Heavier than fluff but takes a beating.

Perhaps I will make a thread with pictures after my vacation to spell it out with puppets and crayons.
>>
>>28665845
i buy a 12ga singel shot for 60$-ca les then 45usd
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.