[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.computerworld.com/articl e/3025629/emerging-techn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: AMERICAYES!.png (499KB, 1474x957px) Image search: [Google]
AMERICAYES!.png
499KB, 1474x957px
http://www.computerworld.com/article/3025629/emerging-technology/most-americans-support-smart-gun-adoption-survey-finds.html

Looks like you guys want the have smart guns after all. Welcome to the world of common sense driven gun legislation guys, I'm beyond proud right now.
>>
OK
>>
File: y2PtYT5.png (43KB, 625x656px) Image search: [Google]
y2PtYT5.png
43KB, 625x656px
>>28665583
Here's your (you).
>>
>>28665588
Computer
>>
File: 1448840933292.jpg (23KB, 430x318px) Image search: [Google]
1448840933292.jpg
23KB, 430x318px
>>28665583
>Survey: Most Americans Support Smart Guns
>Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health-led research suggests.
>Bloomberg School of Public Health-led
>Bloomberg
Gotta try harder than that senpai.
>>
>>28665604
Good album.
>>
>>28665637
>Online survey
>Sample size of 3,949
>Most Americans

The result are somewhat skewed, to say the least. Friendly reminder to sage.
>>
>>28665648
Definitely
>>
>>28665657
this.
I write medical research journals for a living and literally every editor you send a journal with that title to would return it in a day and laugh in your face.
Now, if you were to say "56% of self-identified political conservatives (n=3949) would personally purchase a "smart gun"" that's more acceptable.
Seriously, buzzfeed clickbait is the cancer that's killing this country
>>
>>28665583
That's what I want, a gun that could be hacked or shut off by an outside source.
>>
>>28666151
IMMORTALITY VIA PARABIOSIS WHEN
>>
>>28667069
Or the battery on the watch running out. That would be fantastic
>>
>>28665583
A majority of Americans couldn't find their balls with their dick.

What's your point?
>>
>>28665583
Its like no ones played MGS4 before
>>
>>28667125

>TFW have douchebag cousin who fucking worshipped that series
>He missed the point entirely and aligns his political views with the likes of the Patriots
>>
File: 1450299879418.jpg (120KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1450299879418.jpg
120KB, 520x520px
>Hey, let's put complex and sensitive electronics inside a device which regularly contains a series of small explosions and of course it has to be battery powered, but it's not like anyone's life will ever be dependent on it working when they need it to.
>>
>>28666151
Agreed. We're in more danger from faux-study 3 paragraph articles than from guns. In any industry.
>>
>>28667151
>tfw solidus did nothing wrong
>>
>>28665583
a sample size of 4000 people isn't particularly meaningful with a population of 350,000,000.

further, the group conducting the research has:

1. no controls
2. poorly phrased and leading questions (including loaded terms such as "gun safety" and "common sense"
3. is not peer reviewed
4. might be biased as the primary funding comes from a gun control advocate (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health is funded by grants by the VPC, an anti-gun lobbyist think tank)

lastly, the abstract of the study itself (http://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/abs/10.2105/AJPH.2015.303041) states that In 2014, the most recent year for which final data are available, 33599 people died from gun violence; the majority of these deaths were suicides (>21000 deaths), and firearm homicides accounted for more than 11000 deaths. this is supported by FBI crime stats that same year. https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/expanded-homicide-data/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2010-2014.xls

of those, approx 700 are justified, and ~4400 are gang or narcotics related for both victim and murderer. so if you want to include that the real number is ~10000 dead (by accident or gang related violence, otherwise the innocent victim number is about 5000.

5000 dead over the course of a year in a population of 350,000,000.
>>
>>28667090
Skull face please leave.
>>
>>28665583

I would like a smart gun. I wouldn't want a smart gun to be mandatory

Get it? Got it? Good. Now get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>28667151
I only played 5, what was the point of the Patriots? We're they Authoritarian or more classical liberal? I'd imagine the later with a name like that.
>>
i would like a smart gun
>>
>>28667362
When you think about it, this would be a perfect use for young comatose patients.
>>
>>28667388
Authoritarian.

Control the flow and content of information. Control the world.
>>
>>28667491
Ow, now why with such a bad ass name like that go directly against what the originals stood for?
>>
MUH 91% Support infringing your rights
MUH 'Most Americans support'

Fuck off, I dont want something that can be turned off or glitch. Kill yourself.

Anything that says 'most americans, or 91%' its a lie.
>>
>>28667373
Which is actually what the article mentions at the end. There's no official opposition to their creation, but pro gun groups don't want any technology like this to be mandated.

>>28667306
The big thing is actually not in the sample size, but in how the sample is created. No controls (which don't really exist for surveys) and a sample size of 4000 don't mean much in comparison.

Since they distributed this survey over the internet, they likely emailed the survey to their participants and had to get their emails somehow. This can mean that they can leave out people who aren't active with them or whatever service they used.

That creates bias in the survey group, not the other stuff.

If you took a survey from the people who use 4chan, it wouldn't be representative of people who don't use the internet much for instance.

>>28667550
Criticism of how we name bills and distort ideas to make money and keep control.
>>
>>28667550
Their ideology comes from the distrust of the Founders of direct democracy, in their mind the mostly uneducated masses from the founding have remained so but now have the ability to vote, their plan wasn't to stop democracy, it was to create a consistent 'education'.
>>
>>28667388

Jesus Christ, go play 1 and 3 immediately.

Skip the second one and all that Patriots shit.
>>
>we polled a bunch of college kids and a few cops in a coastal town
>btw here's two more articles praising GodKing and his wonderful laws and how we know a microchip can make a criminal stop breaking the law
>make sure that gun has a flag on it, that way we can make sure those hillbillies know it's a good, patriotic thing to do
Yeah fuck them.
>>
>>28665583
No. This is just twisting words around and DECEPTION.

This is fucking terrible. This is lying.
>>
>>28667621
Is there any PC Emulators for it? All I have is my PS4 and a PC, if that helps. Better yet, an answer to the emulator question should help for everything else really.
>>
>>28665583
What's with that pic and the little pen next to it with 9x19 written on the side?
>>
File: 1444538856419.jpg (103KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1444538856419.jpg
103KB, 700x525px
>>28665583
>Barrack Hussein Obama issues another executive order and cries on TV again
>liberals assrape gun store owners until all they sell are "Smart Guns"
>somehow, this gets rid of the 300 gazillion evil "dumb guns" already in circulation

Fucking fantastic. I can't wait for common sense gun laws to make this nation great again. Barrack Mohammed Hussein Osama, please gas all the racists/capitalists and all the people who bought smartguns too. Praise the spaghetti monster.
>>
>>28667862
are you trying for most arfcom post or something?
>>
>>28667889
No, that's just my natural speaking pattern.
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>28667862
Only one in this thread to make sense.
>>
Meh, if people wanna buy a shitty overpriced .22lr pistol then go hog wild. It's not like you're gonna be able to phase out mechanical weapons anyway.
>>
>>28667621
2 is great you fucking philistine.

Other guy: Play MG, MG2:SS, MGS, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4 in that order.
>>
>>28667908
You're fluent in shitpost? How has that effected your love life?
>>
>>28667104

Well, a majority of Americans are female, so that's a good thing.
>>
>>28668832
Alot of them are also Transgender shit brains.
>>
>>28667596

Even the best surveys, random auto-dialed phone surveys, are skewed because they can only interview people who are willing to sit through a survey. I've done a few in my life, and they are pointless, tedious bullshit that takes way too much god damned time to complete. I assume most of the people filling out any survey are complete weirdos.
>>
>>28668903

No, a majority of Americans are cisgendered females. Trannies are a vocal and visible but utterly marginal population group.
>>
>Antis keep making online polls
>They get rekt every time
>But one of them manages to slip through the cracks with a tiny response rate
>"Look guys we finally got one!"
>>
>>28668903
lol no
>>
>>28667388
for fucks dick go play some real MGS games, literally anything made in 1998-2008...except the metal gear acid abominations.
>>
>>28668766
>telling him to play an 8 bit scroller from the 80's

>thinking he wont get bored and hate metal gear solid until he dies at the age of 84
>>
>>28670198
Nah I'm used to side scrollers, just don't have any play stations before 4, which I look back now with hindsight.
>>
>>28667174
don't worry anon only citizen will get the restricting smart guns while the military will get the auto aim, homing bullets, and environmental charging rifle
>>
Once the cops and the military adopt this technology, I don't see anybody buying it any time soon.
>>
>>28668796
We're on 4chan.
Whatever he has for a love live, it doens't require talking.
>>
>>28670702
Some crime center on the cost, NY or Cali, will force their police to use them, after yet another cop loses their gun to a criminal.
>>
I would be very interested to see what a microwave would do to a smart gun.

>gun would probably become a paperweight lel
>>
>>28671020
The microwave would catch fire, because guns are made out of metal.

Ya dingus.
>>
>>28667409
underrated post
>>
>>28665583
Id buy a smart gun if it had an AI with a cute voice.
>>
>>28671033

A few sparks will not deter a well-determined attacker from bombaring a gattery with deadly saltomatic mirowaves. :^0
>>
>>28665583
Use machete to remove wrist...profit???
>>
>>28667174
THIS, same goes with the microstamping shit. As if you can put the machinery needed for that into an item that has to fit in your hand.
>>
>>28665583

>HURR DURR I IS 2 DUM 4 GUNS
>HURR DURR I NEEDS MUH HANDPRINT ON A GAT HURR DURR
Kill yourself m8
>>
>>28671053

>scarlett johansson will never be the voice of a gun
>you'll never fall in love with your gun

Life is pain
>>
>>28671617
The 'idea' (not entirely comfortable calling this malformed abortion of a misfired human synapse an idea) is to have the firing pin print tiny numbers onto the primer. With the implication that one that it won't wear off on it's own pretty fast and that literally everyone won't be doing that on purpose with a but of sandpaper or file or, I dunno, buy the same fucking part that's not printed from the internet because it is not illegal to buy a spare firing pin.
>>
>>28665583

I support them for law enforcement and federal use.

They lose guns all the time.

Since they want us all to use them, why not lead by example.
>>
>>28671669
the fact they can have post 89 NFA means cops and federals think that they are not civvies.
>>
>>28670773
How are there so many Model 66s unaccounted for?
Who is still using those?
>>
>>28671053
I want one with a cute voice yelling racial slurs at maximum volume.
>>
Well we don't know the wording of the question so the summary is pretty useless

>Fifty-nine percent of all respondents said they would be willing to consider a childproof gun if they were to purchase a new weapon. More than twice as many current gun owners said they would be willing to purchase a childproof gun than would be unwilling.
Sounds like they were asked if they would be a hypothetical product and weren't explained how these things work. If a gun could magically detect who was shooting it then yes I would buy it. That's not what current tech does, the current technology sucks massive ass - it's usually reliant on some RFID tag that you'd have to have on both hands and is susceptible to jamming, cloning, and battery failure. But nobody knows this because few people know how RFID even works, and fewer people than that know how decent crypto works.

tl;dr ask vague questions and you can get anybody to agree with you
>>
File: yerfuckedm8.jpg (130KB, 1133x704px) Image search: [Google]
yerfuckedm8.jpg
130KB, 1133x704px
>>28671973
>constantly talking to your carry via Bluetooth (don't want to make yourself look crazy now)
>infect her with racial memes
>she infects you with linux meme
>one night actually have use her
>you're scared as hell
>she's hyped to hell and won't stop talking about how awesome it is she finally 'bagged herself a wild dindu'
>talking to cop
>she asks if you can take a hunk of nigger meat to wear around your neck as a trophy
>cop gives you rooms
>gun taken to stand to testify
>refuses to sing anything other than 'Moonman' while there
>when threatened with contempt she says she is speaking the truth and nothing but it
>still exonerated becasue of federal Stand Your Ground passed by God Emperor Trump
>can't afford another 20,000 credit carry gun becasue lol lawyer fees and Cyber-Ruger's customer service has gone down hill after they resurrected Bill
>have to deal with crazy bitch gun forever
>>
>>28671973
>ANON QUICK, LOOK TO YOUR LEFT
hu?
>NIGGERS!
>>
>>28665583
Bullshit poll, they want to force this shit us so they can deactivate them at will.
>>
>>28665583
More like:
>idiots that have never held a firearm like the idea of selling the idea that anyone real ever talked about this, ever.
>>
>>28672402
>Christ, you can't just-
>passes by a chinese food restaurant
>GOOKS IN DA WIRE
>>
>>28672285
>Implying the cops in this state wouldn't be doing that to their guns too.
>>
>>28665583
implying trump would let a smart gun bill go through [spoiler] unless the only way it's 'smart' is that it has head-tracking bullets[/spoiler]
>>
>>28665583
"smart"-anything means its connected to the internet. What benefit does the user get of a gun connected to the internet? How do you plan to connect the gun to wifi?
>>
>>28672987
It'd be pretty cool if you could have it automatically keep track of shots fired, times disassembled for cleaning, dindus dun, maybe accuracy on timed shots and post it onto a national scoreboard.
>>
>>28665583
>Majority of people (not necessarily Americans) surveyed on this website support smart guns
Ftfy
>>
>>28665583
Implying liberals and their agenda aren't making up certain polls...
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.