[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basic Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

Hey /k/,
I'm off to basic training next week, got any MLG tips and tricks for me?
>>
>>28653302
Be the grey man.

Don't question this advice, just do it.
>>
>>28653302

Do what you're told, keep good company, don't SHARP anybody, do extra PT. Where are you going?

Buy the insoles for the issue boots and wear two pairs of socks on the 16k.
>>
Never volunteer for anything, it means absolutely shit when you finish. Never get noticed by the DSs. Stay firmly in the middle for every test / requirement. Shut the fuck up. Don't ever, ever tell stories about "this time in boot" when you get to the fleet. Don't get a stupid tattoo. Don't buy a stupid car on high interest from the terrible dealerships outside the base. Don't marry a local dependapotamus just to get out of barracks.

And lastly, if you can still get out, GET OUT, you idiot. Joining the army in peacetime is your key to four years of useless fucking boredom and hell.
>>
>>28653323
CFRS, in Saint Jean Quebec
>>
>>28653330
I agree about only doing one term but volonteer for some shit in basic, but nothing too hooah.
>>
Shut the fuck up and do exactly bas you're told. It's just a mind game.
>>
>>28653330
>useless fucking boredom and hell

You just described cubicle life
>>
File: 1436679129040.jpg (18KB, 422x356px) Image search: [Google]
1436679129040.jpg
18KB, 422x356px
>>28653330
Getting paid to do nothing seems like a pretty good deal.
>>
>>28653302
Try not to be such a lazy nigger

>>28648713
>>
>>28653302
It'll be nothing like the first half of FMJ, sry dude.
>>
>>28653662
Its like the first level of cod4 rite?
>>
Don't do anything stupid. Basic isn't hard, it just sucks. Take it day by day and it will be over before you realize.
>>
>>28653330
> don't try to excell.
Looks like someone is worried about a little competition.
>>
>>28653302
it's fine. just do what you're told when you're told. There is literally no thinking involved. Just change your socks and keep your feet clean and dry to protect against cellulitis. That almost got me.
>>
Expect to be yelled at routinely for things that aren't your fault. Don't get mad, and don't stop doing things that are your responsibility. Just let it go in one ear and out the other.

Also, don't think ahead. Think about the next meal, or maybe that night.

You'll be alright. Basic is essentially a low-rent introduction to military culture, and your unit will be different and give you better training.
>>
Don't listen to these guys, volunteer for everything, your DI will see your willingness to learn and will give you special treatment.
>>
File: 1410065122700.jpg (22KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
1410065122700.jpg
22KB, 318x307px
>>28653311
double dubs of truth says it all

/thread
>>
>>28654041
While he sounds extreme, he's not wrong. The point is to not get singled out by a DS no matter what that reason is. Don't be so bad that the DS's single you out, and don't be so great that they single you out either. Being noticed by a DS is a one way ticket to hell. If You do poorly, they're always jumping down your ass and smoking you. If you do amazing, they give you a shit ton of responsibility and then the second you fuck up, no matter how small, they jump down your ass and smoke you. It's an unwinnable game, and the best option is just to skate under their gaze by being average.

That being said, don't intentionally be mediocre, just don't let the DS's notice you doing super well.
>>
>>28653302
Get a massive tattoo of the branch you're going into. Your DIs will appreciate your motivation
>>
File: 1432800566923.gif (19KB, 482x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432800566923.gif
19KB, 482x800px
>>28653311
First response is best response.
>>
>>28654187
And something to remember: nothing you do in basic and AIT, except article 15 or court-martial grade stuff, has any real effect on you once you get to the real Army.
>>
>>28653311

this. My TI didn't know my last name or that I was even about of his squadron when I graduated
>>
>>28653311
This. I was an 09S and they didn't know who I was.

Do extra PT, run, do what you're told, and don't be that guy.

Also, remember that it's basic training. They aren't looking for perfection; rather, they look that you understand the concept.

Also, don't be a blue falcon.
>>
Ex air forcefag here, did anyone else's laundry detail in basic consist of only Blacks? That's how it was in my and my brother flight
>>
Fill your canteens to the top, learn to drink it fast. PT instructors let the guy who can drain his first get out of punishments.
>>
>>28658383
You didn't get camelbaks?
>>
File: 1427775560074.png (401KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1427775560074.png
401KB, 700x700px
AHAHAHA GOT EM SPOT EM RED DOT EM

Good luck wasting 3-5 years of your life sweeiping motorpools and doing online bullshit courses, faggot.
>>
>>28658434
They probably do that now but back when I went through we had two canteens and a poncho on a pistol belt at all times.
>>
I prefer to help out my town rather than be a corporate toy soldier. Unless you are in it for the weldare, which is even worse.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_msogvjcNNA1r2fqdz.png (151KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_msogvjcNNA1r2fqdz.png
151KB, 450x300px
>>28658749
>>
>>28658931
It's not edgy to care about your community from the ground up rather than the military
>>
Fly so far under the radar your pecker drags the ground. Don't volunteer, don't fuck up, don't give anyone any reason to remember you. Also drink water always.
>>
If you ever see your DI walking around and think you can get the drop on him run up behind him and slap his hat really hard so it goes down over his face and then run

You will be legend
>>
>>28658931
No it's not but the little guy's post is.
>>
>>28658983
lmao plant a tree hippie faggot
>>
>>28653302

Long ruck march: green socks against your feet, black socks on the outside. The socks will rub against each other not against your feet. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD dont wear the white PT socks on a ruck march, they are cotton, cotton will fuck your feet up so bad.

Wash your goddamn ass. Yes, you are tired, yes everything sucks. Suck it the fuck up and wash your nasty ass, no one wants to smell you.

Realize that it is all a game. The Drills dont want to be there babysitting you, being on the "campaign trail" is a super sucky thing, drills hate it there as much as you. They do everything you do, but for months and years. It is all a game, take it as a game, suck it up and drive through.

Be fucking invisible. Dont be the worst, dont be so good that you stand out. Just ride in that middle ground. Don't be a platoon leader or a bay leader or whatever gay garbage they have now, you will just work harder for no reason.

Nothing positive you do in Basic means anything to anyone outside of Basic. No one cares. Literally no one. The most that will happen is you become a laughing stock at your first unit for bragging about Basic and how good you were. Just get through.

Make sure that anyone who sends you mail knows that it will be torn open in front of everyone and multiple drills. Dont send your HILARIOUS /b/ buddy your goddam mailing address so they can send you SUPER HILARIOUS pony dildoes and shit.

Dont be THAT guy. The guy who smuggles in dip, or food or whatever. Dont be the guy who gets the entire platoon smoked at 1 am for three hours. Just be a sane individual for 9-13 weeks. Just keep your fatty autism in check for that long.
>>
>>28659378
>Wash your goddamn ass. Yes, you are tired, yes everything sucks. Suck it the fuck up and wash your nasty ass, no one wants to smell you.
And in the field, baby wipes are the fucking best thing ever.
>>
>>28655384
>TI
>squadron
What the fuck is this?
>>
File: 1448324730202.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448324730202.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>28654215
made me zoz milk out my nose
>>
>>28660817
Don't listen to these guys who obviously never took anything serious in their life. You get there and you show people how serious you are by being extreme, get a canadian flag tattoo and tell everyone you are going to try out for JTF2. Canex plans are good go's, and find a nice woman on base that is used to the military lifestyle.
>>
>>28653302
don't die
>>
File: 1443169501298.jpg (19KB, 436x367px) Image search: [Google]
1443169501298.jpg
19KB, 436x367px
FDNY cadet here. In the academy now, about half way through. I've been told by marines in my class that the FDNY academy is harder then basic for the marines. Here is some shit I figured out.

>PT can't last forever
>Embrace the suck, learn to love it
>Misery loves company, unless you're the fuck up, odds are you're doing PT with your fellow cadets/recruits, you are not alone, take pride in that
>The first few weeks are nothing but "FUCKFUCK GAMES" aka shit that the instructors intentionally throw at you, impossible tasks, it's easy to recognize, just accept it and move on

and last but not least: Be happy

The field that you chose and I chose is an honest one filled with tradition and pride. Enjoy the experience.
>>
>>28660701
Chair Force, I think.
>>
>>28658586
>sweeping motorpools and doing online bullshit courses
Add in endless classes on not raping people, and you perfectly described my army experience.
>>
>>28661911
>ALRIGHT WE'RE GONNA KICK A CLASS ON BULLSHIT TOPIC #52 THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT
>SINCE WE HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO
>how about we not do that and just sit here and at least try to enjoy our countless hours instead of listening to your bullshit?
>YOURE A SHIT BAG ANON,YOU KNOW THAT?

Good times.
>>
>>28661911
that and the don't kill yourself classes.
>>
>>28662680
During one deployment we had to build a couple classes to present to the Det. I did Antenna Theory and a double presentation on the AK and MP5.
>>
>>28653330
>peacetime
lmao
>>
>>28653302
Which one? AF was a bad joke.
>>
>>28659378
>Long ruck march: green socks against your feet, black socks on the outside. The socks will rub against each other not against your feet. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD dont wear the white PT socks on a ruck march, they are cotton, cotton will fuck your feet up so bad.
No. Just no. AR670-1 says regulation socks are green. Unless you're getting the new OCP instead of UCP camo. The regulations don't say shit about how many socks you can wear but you wear the wrong color like black and DS sees it you're going to get your ass chewed.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.