[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tattoo advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 31

File: image.jpg (68KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 620x387px
Hey guys. So I'm in the navy, and I'm thinking about getting a hand tattoo.

I asked my command and they said I can't do it. But I looked through the tattoo regs and it says nothing about having a hand tattoo.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>28649707
>I asked my command and they said I can't do it.
there's your answer unless you want a pay drop
>>
>>28649707
I've spoken to recruiters and I have to get my fingers tattoos removed before I join. I'm gonna guess if your command says don't, then don't. How hard is that?
>>
Shouldn't get tattoos anyways.
>>
>>28649734
>>>/pol/
>>
>>28649707

>I'm thinking about getting a hand tattoo.

Why?
>>
For why though?
>>
How the fuck did you get in the military and not know that you cant get tattoos on your hands, neck or face.
>>
>>28649794
>>28649829
cause hand tattoos look cool as shit, duh
>>
>>28649740
>only /pol/ thinks tattoos are dumb
Haha, no.
>but they're so common today!
Doesn't make them less stupid
>>28649841
Kek
>>
>>28649841
Ive even seen a Marine get NJP for having one of those Tattoo rings instead of a Wedding ring.
>>
They're called dishwasher tattoos for a reason
>>
>>28649853
meant as addition to >>28649839
>>
>>28649707
What r8 are you shipm8?
Also fuck no, don't get one if you command says.
>>
I have hand tattoos. No ragrats but I also am not in the Navy so it has no negative effects on my life
>>
>>28649707
Do it, I want to here about your stupid ass getting chewed out.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>be me
>join army during war
>allowed to have hand tattoos
>get them
>lol at officers until ets
>>
>>28649707
Don't tattoo anything you can't cover with a suit. Trust me on that one. You don't want to be spending $2500 like I did for laser removal of a $50 tat because no law firm in the state will look at you despite your Bar results.

That was the fucking dumbest decision of my life.
>>
>thinking about getting a hand tattoo.
>asked my command and they said I can't do it.

I'm not going to look for the actual reference but it really depends on the size and location of the tattoo. I've only known chiefs who got small ones on the side of their hands. They got paperwork done on them but it was also grandfathered in, probably when regulations were different back then.

But even if it's not in the orders, your command has already told you not to, and going against that would be a violation and you're probably going to get NJP'd then separated out for it.

The safe practice is if your skin shows while you're wearing authorized the PT gear, you can't have tattoos there. I know quite a bit of people who have tattoos on their foot; this one weird ass motherfucker who had tattoos around his cock and even had a Jacob's ladder on it, like seven of them. I hated that dude.

My two cents. Hey, people these days would straight up tell you you're wrong, but they leave you hanging on the reason. If anything, if you're trying to get out after the Navy, hand tattoos could affect your marketability with picky employers.
>>
>>28649707
Tattoo your neck, face, or hands... and you go from just run of the mill stupidity, to a whole new level.

The only kind of person that would want a hand tattoo, is an inferior fuck in every way possible, and is advertisement of such.

Get the tattoo, you thick skull moron.
>>
>>28650070
I knew someone in the Marines that had Bruiser on his shaft and a boxing glove on his tip. He would show that tat off any chance he had.
>>
>>28649848
So the fact that I have a tattoo on my chest in memory of my mom who died of cancer when I was sick is stupid?
>>
>>28650165
*six
>>
>>28649707
>I asked my command and they said I can't do it.
>Still want to get a shitty hand-tattoo
>Enjoy your AIDS and pay cut E1 squid-fucker.
>>
>>28649734
This

Tattoos are fucking stupid and make you look like trash regardless of who you are or where you work.
I and so many others will instantly think less of you if you have them, and if you're actually a fucking retard enough to get this in places that can't be covered up like hands and face and neck, than maybe you deserve it.

>>28649707
Go ahead, it's your fucking life and your career, if you want to throw it away and go against command so you can get some stupid shit that you'll later regret and that will basically make you a fast food employee later in life, but you don't care because "it looks cool, man" then by all means
>>
>>28649888
>he thinks his hand tattoos have no negative impacts on his life
>>
>>28650165
Yes
>>
>>28649853
Now this one doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>28649707
>Join organization with strict appearance/conformity requirements
>Be a sniveling faggot when they won't OK your speshul snowflake white trash "I belong on the bottom rung of society" badge
>>
>>28649707
My hands are tattooed, didn't stop me from putting anchors on. Hash tag yolo, as the kids say.
>>
>>28650270
Why? It's always covered at work/out in public, I don't act like some badass talking about how I'm "tatted". It's simply a way to celebrate the memory of my mother.
>>
Why aren't you allowed to have tattoos on your hands?

What's the thinking there?
>>
>>28650258
if you live in a shit area, or the middle of nowhere and have a menial job you can probably get by with hand tats
>>
Can you name 1 decent human, whos carer wasn't being pummeled to the point of brain damage, who has a hand tattoo?
>>
>>28650325

Nice one bro. I have a memorial tatt for my parents too. Same deal, it is always covered up... and the artwork is sweet.
>>
>>28650368

Attila the Hun.
>>
>>28650374
Yup. Mine is snoopy in his red barons outfit on his doghouse with her initials and dates. Probably won't ever get another tattoo, unless my dad passes.
>>
>>28650368
Cara Delevingne seems to be doing ok
>>
>>28650406

Mine is an old school Sailor Jerry style tattoo. Similar to my old Dad. He had a few from his time in the Navy. A nice connection I think.
>>
>>28650449
My dad was in the navy too. I'm in the Air Force though, better family life.
>>
>>28650331

Because not even the fucking Marines find that stupid ass finger mustache tattoo amusing.
>>
>>28650331
Same reason as getting one on your face or neck. Its untasteful, and the military wants everyone to look professional.
>>
>>28650429
Yeah, but she is a woman and is attractive, she doesn't have to actually work or learn an appreciable skill set.
>>
>>28649707
>I'm thinking about getting a hand tattoo.
Why? What could you possibly gain from this? People will judge you as trash for literally the rest of your life. Your employment prospects will be limited. Nobody will EVER, I repeat, EVER say "Yo cool tat man" (which I'm guessing is the main reason people get tattoos) because it's a fucking hand tattoo. Nobody likes them but teenagers and trailer trash. Fucking hell man have some self respect and don't mark up your body for no reason.
>>
>>28650165
Yes
>>
>>28650296

Congrats you pinoy shitbag. Confirms everything I know about fucking chiefs.
>>
>>28650449

Yes an excellent connection and reminder that you are a faggot without the balls to join the military...unlike your father.
>>
>>28649853
Army regulation has an exception specifically for ring tattoos. Marines is dumb yo.
>>
>>28649707

Trailer trash or not...I can't lie, that is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>28649707
Don't know is anyone has said it yet but tattoos cannot be visable in service dress uniforms if you're getting them after you join the military.
>>
File: 1451684594194.jpg (210KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451684594194.jpg
210KB, 960x640px
I got my hand tattooed while in the Air force, AF was cool with it.
been out two years and I want join the Army now
Are tattoo waivers even a thing?
If the Batt commander has to approve it, I can get an E-8 and an O-6 to write recommendations. Would that even help?

pic so you'll stop and read this
>>
>>28651966

Hate to break it to you, Airman McNignog, but the Army is in the middle of a draw-down with at least 60,000 more to get the ax.

That 'super-sick' hand tattoo isn't going to help...

pic related of you at the recruiter

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/careers/army/2015/10/27/drawdown-update-more-involuntary-separations-needed/73374634/
>>
>>28650741
>>28650741
faggot
>>
File: 1440130482341.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1440130482341.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>28651889

Ummm.... I am in the military.... or at least what the Army calls the military these days.

So I guess that I do have balls. You will have to ask your Mom what bounces off her chin to confirm.

Ps - Which one are you in this pic?
>>
>>28651966
I was looking for that picture, thank you.
>>
>>28650249
Pay attention to this guys attitude.

I have Tats, all covered up with the PT uniform (shorts and a tshirt). I understand wanting ""art"" to show off and being unique and all that. But 1) in the military tats are regulated, in NO BRANCH may you have them on your hands, neck or face (FEW exceptions, nome of which apply to OP) and if you are in and get them, they will see you discharged under a "other than honorable" (a General discharge at best,if you are lucky) which means you military service now does you no good in getting you a job, so you have wasted the last few years of your life. 2) there are still people who have a very negative attitude about tattoos, so even if your employer likes tattoos they consider what their clients like and dislike. This leaves a handful of careers where tats are okay to be seen, and none of them are well paying.
>Wife works in clinical research
>Everyone inna office has tats under clothing
>She interviews dozens of people for an open position
>The most qualified person ROCKS the interview
>has tattoos visible on her chest and arms
>Wife and office manager discuss hiring her for days (hence me hearing about it)
>Decide to go with less qualified person without tattoos.
>Because the industry is competative and in that industry one bad impression can send a client running.
It sucks, but its reality.
>>
>>28651966
If that had been a man he'd have been wishing he were dead.
>>
>>28652180
People discriminate against tattoos precisely because of OP and his attitude. Tattoos are a glaring warning that such a person almost certainly has zero long term planning ability or can strategically think. In that case, they are obviously unfit for the position or will rock the boat down the line. While there are probably plenty of exceptions, why take the chance? They did something incredibly stupid once, what's to say they wont again?

Tattoos are just an easy means to identify troublemakers and the impulsive. The military demands conformity and risk accountability. Hence, the discrimination against inking.
>>
i love reading peoples stupid reasons for hating people with tattoos. Its not your body, why do you care.

That being said >>28649707
don't get a hand tattoo dipshit. If it can't be covered by a dress shirt it will fuck you down the line, military or civilian world.
>>
>>28649707
I see nasty shits in the Navy with hand tattoos all the goddamn time. Makes you look like a faggot.
>>
>>28652221
Except for the tradition of tattoos.
It is rare to find a paratrooper without his wings tattooed to him. My god father did it, my older brother did it and I did it.
Plus motto tattoos show service pride and dedication. They say "I am proud to be part of this"
Some also serve a purpose, IEDs are a real threat and I have seen mortuary affairs get bodies mixed up, hence I have a "meat tag" on my ribs so there is no chance of not being ID'd if I get blown up.

Tattoos are a military tradition dating back at least to the Roman legions and are as much a part of the Army as pointless formations are.

All that being said, I agree that a tattoo that cant be covered up shows who cant plan ahead. But people learn and grow. Are you the same person you were 10 years ago? Are you to be held accountable for mistakes you made 5 years ago?

But then again my tattoos are for me, not for you. Dont be so judgemental of people who willingly put themselves in harms way.
>>
>>28649707
Holy shit squid, I didn't believe you and went to check the regs to make fun on your reading comprehension. Who wrote this shit, nothing about hands mentioned.
>>
>>28651873
What's that? It confirms I am capable of reading a regulation and adhering to it?

Or that I was smart enough to pass an 8th grade level multiple choice exam.

I'm not sure why your jimmies are rustled, but you can blow me.
>>
>>28652528
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/Directives/1130_8J%20VOL%20II_Eligibility%20Requirements_CH1.pdf

It doesn't say anything about hand tattoos. Though if commands says don't do it, don't do it. Its not worth getting your ass chewed or worse getting a statement because you wanted some tattoos. You could always get a tattoo when you are out of the service.
>>
>>28651873

Also, I'm not a flip. we don't have those where I work, they aren't allowed.
>>
>>28652265
Used to be a tradition to get your rate insignia done on the back of your hand near the thumb. Older guys got grandfathered in when they changed regs, but the whole thing is 3salty5me.

>Tfw no pig and cock tattoos on my feet
>>
>>28650165
Very yes. Having to have a motif on your chest to remember her by is a fucking insult, you attention whoring faggot. You're effectively saying you need a reminder to think about her, much like picking up milk from the 7/11 or feeding the dog. Uppercut yourself.
>>
>>28652594
you are 100% wrong. there is no grandfathering, it's in regulation to have hand tattoos in the USN.
>>
>>28652620
Fair, I'm not USN. Still wouldn't piss off my command to look cool though.
>>
>>28652635
as a person who is "command". If you get pissed about a person following a regulation, you're a fucking twat.

If the CNO wanted to outlaw hand tattoos, he would. Since he doesn't, I couldn't give a flying fuck.
>>
>Command says don't do it
>Imma do it
This is how people die anon.
>>
>>28652643
You're not wrong, but you may be underestimating the population of twats out there.
>>
>>28652644
>command says do it.
>Imma do it.

Oddly, this is also how people die.
>>
>>28652649
Bruh, my whole life is dealing with the population of twats in the navy.

But, regardless, I don't regulate based on feelings. There is always a book, and the book is always signed by someone who outranks me. Just because I might not personally like bixnoods so much, doesn't mean while in the performance of my duties I'm going to treat them any differently.

So, as a heavily tattooed guy, this happens to be one time a regulation is in my favor. But more often they aren't. I still enforce them all equally.
>>
>>28649707
>Tattoo advice
don't get one.
>>
>>28649707
Every single person I've met that got some sort of tattoo whilst in the military regretted it later. Goes double for being some sort of military insignia.
>>
>>28652938
Total opposite for me...well okay one or two regretted it, but they had WAAYYYY over the top Hoah tats (Soldiers creed and a female got a "follow me" tramp stamp without thinking it through) but the rest were all pretty good.
But I am talking about guys that have done a few tours, re-enlisted and generally made a career out of the Army. I can see a guy that barely finished his term wishing he hadn't got that "Charlie Rock 1-175 CAV Black hearts" (looking at you know who you are and I know you lurk here).
>>
File: 2qsxRmC.png (193KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
2qsxRmC.png
193KB, 800x531px
I'm thinking of getting pic related on my left shoulder, should barely extend past a short sleeve tee shirt. Would this count as "eccentric" and bar me from the marine corp or army reserves? My brother designed it for me cause our parents are Disney fanatics and I like Alice in wonderland. And the human race in my mind is kinda insane so I think it's a good representation of who I am.
>>
>>28652651
Depends on the command but generally yes
>>
>>28649707

Not in the hands, neck, face, that is trashy as fuck.
>>
>>28652613
Kinda harsh but I agree. I always looked down on ppl like that. Now if there was something special to your connection with somebody and you got it tattooed as an artistically tasteful representation I could get on board.
>>
>>28649707
commanders can add to but not take away.

do you understand command structure at all?
>>
>>28652479
Based. But as I commented earlier on another anons post I think memorial tats of peoples faces are stupid
>>
>>28652221
Depends on the tattoo but generally this logic is a fairly useful rule of thumb
>>
File: Dat ink.jpg (359KB, 629x857px) Image search: [Google]
Dat ink.jpg
359KB, 629x857px
Are US armed forces really that fucking picky?
Sheeiiit...
>>
>>28649740

Is this a thing now? If you don't like an opinion direct them to /pol/? Why do faggots think /k/ is a safe space?
>>
>>28649707
dont get a hand, neck, or face tattoo.

>>28652221
No basis in reality, if you're interviewing without at least a long sleeved shirt on then its not a job worth keeping and/or you didnt prepare at all to get hired.

Or it has to do with a trade and it doesnt matter. Stop projecting your insecurities on everyone.

>troublemakers, 'glaring warning', zero long term planning.

projecting reaching maximum levels.

remember to drink your milk and say your prayers before bed, it doesnt seem like you've spent much time in the real world.

>>28650249
Well holy shit how will i possibly live with myself without the approval of a mouth breathing faggot like you?

If a 'problem' can be covered up with a shirt, its not a problem.
>>
>>28652613
So by that logic memorials in locations all over the world should just be destroyed since it's just people insulting others by not 'just remembering' what significant event happened there.

shut the fuck up.
>>
>>28654362
its the one of the biggest militaries in the world and they have a surplus of candidates
I think its good because most soldiers get the most edgiest tats full of spider and cross bones like you pic
>>
>>28652163
Omg. Clearly over weight or scrawny. No one has any type of strength or stamina
>>
>>28654294
Yeah...Ill give you the face thing. One of my buddies got a pretty cool tat to remeber our other buddy that took an EFP to the head. Its not a face.

A civ bro got a tat because his (now x) gf chickened out and picked one for him instead....I call it the "property of Alison" tattoo every time I see him.

Tats can be based or fucking retarded. Few fall inbetween on the spectrm

>Few people realize their star tat is a star of texas/nautical star
>These people are not from texas or the Navy.
>>
>>28652077
Hardly a faggot for speaking the hard truth whether you like it or not. Maybe people should change their attitude maybe we should discourage hand/face tattoos. Either way it doesn't matter cause reality is what is now and nothings gonna change quickly
>>
>command says no

There's your answer. You're not smarter than the Navy. Don't try to be.

I have a tattoo on my hand and here's how interactions involving it usually go:

Best case scenario people bug you about it all the time, whether it's questions about "what it means" or "why would you get that on your hand?", and worse case scenario you get uppity fagbags like >>28650249 who instantly discredit you as a human being just because you have something that triggers them.

Do I regret getting the tat? No, it was a choice I made and even if it's seen as a poor one, I still like it. Would I ever get another hand tattoo? Nah, it's just not worth the social hassle. Maybe in 10-20 years there won't be any kind of stigma against that kind of stuff, but the fact remains that society still isn't super comfortable with tattoos or body art in general. Sure you can get the "safe" shit, but anything that's kinda out there is still viewed with confusion at best and scorn at worst.
>>
>>28654508
"Look up there, young boy, this is one of the heroes of a lifetime past! You are standing here thanks to him"
vs
"What's that tat on your chest, handsome?"
"So I remember my mother."
"Oh em gee, that's so sweet, lemme rub my titties all over that"
>literally no difference, anon
>>
>>28654602

>An important event in someone's life remembered by an artistic creation.

because the meaning isnt important to you and the quality of the art is subjectively less to you doesnt make it the exact same idea. So if one is 'insulting' so is the other.
>>
>>28654677
I am talking not about the art or the idea, I am talking about the place and circumstances. And those clearly differ.
>>
File: average tattoofag.jpg (268KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
average tattoofag.jpg
268KB, 960x1280px
Get whatever.

Your skin brand screams enlisted corps.
>>
>>28654225
I consider the people of /k/ my friends, I really mean that. Its rare that I meet a non-veteran I can relate to, but here it is easy.
That being said, as somone who considers you a friend I would be remiss if I didnt tell you that is an awful tattoo idea. Your symbolism and idea are sound, the imagery is great too, but combined and placed on your skin till death its fucking horrible.
Perhaps try the wording in a cool font? Or a redesign. As it is now, its awful.
>I have 4 tattoos
>Each one took at least 2years of thought
>Each one looks nothing like it did in my initial design
>4 tattoos, HUNDREDS of changes each
>I always copy the design on paper and stick it to me to get an idea of how it will look
>Locations of tats each changed dozens of times
>No needles till its perfect
>this is how you decide on a tattoo
>>
File: average tattoofag1.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
average tattoofag1.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
Who makes more money?

1. Art major fag who opens a tattoo parlor right outside a military base

2. Divorce lawyer whose office is right outside a military base
>>
>>28654225
D A M A G E D
A
M
A
G
E
D
>>
File: 1453512251273.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453512251273.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>28654553
9/10 post, only because perfection is impossible. Yeah tattoos generally are on either end of the spectrum not much you can do about it since everyone has an opinion. But in general if you want it get it but you have to accept people are gonna have an opinion. I want pic related from my earlier post, its not a beautiful work of art but it's not ugly. People might think I'm a try hard hipster getting it but I like Alice in wonderland; the Cheshire cat is appealing to me, my brother designed it for me, I love my brother who is 3k miles away, i want something that tangibly connects us and finally I feel a personal connection to it. I do believe the human race and the world we live in is fundamentally "mad". People can say and think what they want but that's my reality and I'm not gonna let others control me unless it is gonna make problems for me professionally or in day to day life.
>>
File: 1453163378714.jpg (39KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1453163378714.jpg
39KB, 600x400px
>>28654785
Lol. Hardly "damaged". Everyone's got their scars and baggage from fuck up experiences or just general shit that happens in life. I'm not some chick with daddy issues or some hipster grizzly bearded faggot trying desperately trying to be unique in order to justify their existence.
>>
>>28654903
> I'm not some chick with daddy issues or some hipster grizzly bearded faggot trying desperately trying to be unique in order to justify their existence.
so why are you getting it
>>
>>28654755
>big army pog
>namefags self as ssg
You're the worst. Probably sucked at your job too
>>
>>28649949
jon?
>>
>>28654849
This is a good response.
Good luck in making a tattoo that is perfect for you. It takes time, but perfection can be reached, at least in your eyes, so in a few decades you still love it as much then as you do now.
>My oldest tat is 15 years old
>Still looks awesome
Btw..PRO TIP: TATTOOS FADE AND BLUR over time. So consider that fact when getting detailed tattoos....because in as few as 5 years some details will be blurry as fuck
>>
>not getting a tattoo based on the possibility that it might be harder to get a 6 figures job afterwards
and this is why you people will never find happiness in life.
>>
File: TgTM3CW.png (582KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TgTM3CW.png
582KB, 2000x2000px
>>28654755
Thanks for the cordial advice friend. I get your point hence why I wouldn't get this is a highly visible spot and why I haven't got it done even though he drew the design months ago. I've thought about this a long time and this tattoo theme is probably the only one I will ever go through with and odds are I won't get it for another year if not more. My brother is in cali working retail and enjoying a day to day carefree life. Hes not really planning for a more stable middle class kinda life while im in jersey figuring shit out. So it's hard to communicate the design since I can't draw for shit and he is too busy to really put the kinda time I want into it. These are other designs he roughly sketched out but the other one I posted is so far the only one I would consider. I might go to a tattoo parlor and ask them to tweak the design bit I really want the design to be solely my brothers work. It's for him as much as it is for me.
>>
File: 1453088224922.gif (339KB, 213x199px) Image search: [Google]
1453088224922.gif
339KB, 213x199px
>>28655048
Implying a six figure job is the route to happiness. Plenty of rich people are miserable and depressed. Kinda why therapists and anti depression pharmaceuticals are such a money maker. However, your thought process is not without merit. Bad tattos in bad places can fuck up peoples possibilities for happiness in their desired careers.
>>
>>28655076
Thats a good plan. Some of these look good. Tweek away! I promise you, you would have the same reaction to some of my original designs.
>>28654968
Hey! Looks like I found the Private thats been in for 4 years because "everyone else is stupid."
>>
>>28655127
>Implying a six figure job is the route to happiness. Plenty of rich people are miserable and depressed.
that's what I was getting at. I was born poor so I'm honestly probably content with being poor for the rest of my life. As long as I can get by, and enjoy the little things in life, I can make it through the next day.
>>
File: 1453317513422.gif (3MB, 628x402px) Image search: [Google]
1453317513422.gif
3MB, 628x402px
>>28655038
Thank you. Yeah I know over time they fade/blur and generally start to look bad. I've seen some run down old peopels tats and high visibly ones that faded after a couple years. That's why I'm planning on shopping around for the best tattoo artists in my area and paying top dollar. Also that's why I picked my up arm/ shoulder for the location. It'll receive a lot less direct sunlight on average so retouching will be a very occasional thing I can budget for.
>>
>>28655159
>has pride in a rank that only requires literally zero effort to attain (especially in the big army)
>has nothing besides a meaningless deployment patch from like 1st ID or some other worthless unit
s-stand at p-parade rest for me... Pls
>>
File: 1453493197831.jpg (28KB, 265x308px) Image search: [Google]
1453493197831.jpg
28KB, 265x308px
>>28654949
Did you read any of my posts? I thought I communicated my logic fairly well. Do you have a logical aversion to tattoos or is it routed in biblical thinking or social stigma? Not that either of those trains of thought are "wrong", I'd say flawed but not wrong. Well in short I want a memento to honor my love of my family and that design is a fairly accurate representation of my mindset and beliefs. I can't wear my soul on my sleeve idk if I have the words to describe it well enough to an artist or if there is an artist capable of physically expressing me to my satisfaction bit if could I would wear my soul on my sleeve so people can kinda guess who I am without me spilling my guts. I'm by no means " unique" like I said but I'm certainly not gonna sell my self short and arbitrarily represent my inner self with a design I haven't thoroughly vetted.
>>
>>28655339
Nothing wrong with a moderate amount of pride. Everything has a certain amount of value in this world.
>>
File: 1449731673329.gif (2MB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
1449731673329.gif
2MB, 300x182px
>>28650249
How does it feel being a pussybitch that cant deal with something different because of "muh social standdards?"
>>
>>28649841
>dumbass identified.
>>
>>28649707

You could just try and not be a faggot, tats are dumb as shit.

I don't know how the navy does things, but hand tats were most certainly against regs in the Army.
>>
File: 1453490075630.jpg (67KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
1453490075630.jpg
67KB, 400x428px
>>28654416
Calling me a homo in an attempt to insult me?
>>
>>28654225
Heh, the nut house of society, am I right?
>>
File: le peacetime military face.jpg (602KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
le peacetime military face.jpg
602KB, 1000x667px
This entire thread is why you should never take life advice from military personnel.

Tattoos
Multiple marriages
Kids they have no business having
Lifted pickups
Debt
Obsession with stupid shit of no relevance
>>
>>28655462
Just damage my shit up
>>
>>28655203
Ah I see you have done research. Okay, sounds like you are off on the right track then. Hmmm I dont think I have anytjing else worth while to offer you. When you get it done post pics!
>>28655339
I cant take you seriously. I kinda even feel bad for you.
>>
File: just purge my shit up.jpg (2MB, 5760x3840px) Image search: [Google]
just purge my shit up.jpg
2MB, 5760x3840px
>tattoos are degenerate
>short sighted
>only had by human trash
>can't be troops

but pic related is totally, absolutely 100% no questions asked acceptable and brave.
Thanks Obama

maybe Trump can fix this
>>
>>28655690
You know I'm right though buddy. Are you a squad leader?
>>
>>28654602
Well hey, the memorial didn't provide any titty action so I say the tattoos are fine.
>>
>>28654768
>implying they don't pass out each other's business cards
>>
OP here, so check this shit out. After speaking to my shift supervisor and my LPO, they all made me feel like a retard for even asking to begging with
>of fucking course you would ask something retarded like that you stupid fuck
So today, the slut of my command posted a picture on Facebook of a hand tattoo, I think I'm just going to get it and have them pull up the policy, it literally doesn't say anything about hand tattoos
>>
>>28654719
This, to be quite honest, family.
>>
>>28656635
Hashtag yolo desu senpai
>>
File: annoyed and disappointed.jpg (122KB, 1280x508px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed and disappointed.jpg
122KB, 1280x508px
>>28656635
Why are you Facebook friends with anyone in your command never mind a fucking military female in your command?

Do you enjoy making your life harder than it is?

Jesus fuck. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>28650070
> Hey do you know where a ladder is?
> Ziiiiiiip
>>
you're a fuggin idiot op, if you get a hand tattoo you will be DQ'd until you remove it.

if you get one while enlisted you will get NJP'd and kicked out.
>>
>>28656635
What are you doing.
>>
>>28655490
Iol I can already see his friends at work making fun of him for taking this stupid anti suicide promo shit.
>>
>>28655159
theres no need to trip your rank friendo, in fact it makes me think less of you.
>>
>>28657592
He's a POG, they probably congratulated him on his fagbook. And his friends are likely all overweight female Cpls.
>>
>>28657609
He's enlisted. His rank is all he will ever have.
>>
>>28654225
are you a 15 year old girl by chance?
>>
>>28657666
Reminder: There is no difference between the mind of a 15 year old woman, a 23 year old woman, a 40 year old woman or a 60 year old woman. All that changes is looks.
>>
Symbol of Torment:
Either this version:
>>
>>28657687
or this version
Either would be simplified though.
>>
>>28657638
not true best friend, I got out a lance corporal aka a shitbag, by military standards I was a loser who would never amount to anything because I didnt want to re-enlist.

so instead I went to college for free and obtained a degree in Information Technology and got a bunch of Network and security certifications, im sure some of the marines I worked with will become welfare queens while they sleep under the overpass
>>
>>28657687
>>28657700
>I stamp myself with trademarked symbols that other more creative people thought of because I have no creative fortitude.

Literally placing a company's creation on you. Destined for the service industry. Thanks for the free advertisement.
>>
>>28650165
Yup.....would you forget she died if you didn't have that tattoo?
>>
>>28657729
>I stamp my post with trademarked symbols that other more creative people thought of because I have no creative fortitude.
>>
File: top fucking kek.gif (4MB, 298x150px) Image search: [Google]
top fucking kek.gif
4MB, 298x150px
>>28657702
>mfw I met a retired E-9 who is driving taxis
>>
I have a wrist tattoo, had to get approval from my NCOs at the time. Had to be on my non-saluting wrist, coverable by uniform and I couldn't wear short sleeve dress blues. Also with the understanding that if the UOD was sleeves up, I could get fucked.
>>
>>28657729
im guessing you own your personal island, paid for with your own money with your own CEO and Owner positions for your own company? if not then got off your "corporate pawn" soap box, especially if you wear a visor and apron as part of your work uniform.
>>
File: 1388488555056.jpg (36KB, 450x420px) Image search: [Google]
1388488555056.jpg
36KB, 450x420px
>>28649905
That's the most E4 thing I've ever seen.
Good shit ninja brother.
>>
>>28657666
Nope
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.