[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Is anyone here a police officer or gone to...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6
File: 1340891487498.jpg (88 KB, 584x1132) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1340891487498.jpg
88 KB, 584x1132
Is anyone here a police officer or gone to police academy? I want to know what to expect when I join the force.
>>
>>28639762
You get to shoot niggers and rape women all day and have your buddies lie about it for you.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
>>28639762
You basically have to be a massive law abiding faggot for the entirety of your duration at academy. Also wake up early. Depending on the department there may be multiple pass/fail points that if you fail, you fail, and out the door you go.
>>
>>28639789
Right. 100% accurate.
>>
>>28639762
Another question: Approximately how long from applying until going to the academy?
>>
>>28639789
compare that to how many people niggers kill every day.

ohhhhhhhhh bitch.
>>
>>28639816
Anywhere from 4 weeks to 3 months depending on how many of the black targets you hit in training.
>>
>>28639816
Depends on city. It can be months to years for some. For a large metropolitan city there may be an eligibility list and based on how well you did in initial testing you may get called up quickly or may be on the list til it expires. There may be further testing in that list as well. Make sure you look up what a background check/background interview entails before you get to that stage and fix whatever problems you might have. The background investigators are a whole new level of faggotry. If you thought normal cops were assholes, you will be amazed at what you get to deal with at that stage. Trust me on that one.
>>
>>28639830
Noone was saying it's a bad thing, it's just a fact. OP wants to get into the business of keeping the streets safe. He needs to realize what has to be done before he can go and do it.

Just here to help /k/
>>
>>28639845
Also im not a nigger so please don't shoot me for speaking the truth

#BlackLivesMatter
>>
Your experience will vary state to state and even county to county. In CA typically police departments in a geographical area sponsor their new guys at some regional training facility. Since I'm in CA I'll just continue talking about CA LE process.

Anyway, training is typically six months, which consists of going to the facility Mon to Fri, 9 to 5 each day. If you're doing something like Reserve Deputy Sheriff or whatever, they might have flexible programs that's like weekends (Sat, Sun) but it takes 13 months.
>>
>>28639843
>The background investigators are a whole new level of faggotry. If you thought normal cops were assholes, you will be amazed at what you get to deal with at that stage.
Pls elaborate if you can anon. My area requires polygraph in addition to the panel interviews. What can I expect?
>>
File: Piket.jpg (110 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Piket.jpg
110 KB, 1200x799
>>28639762
I considered wanting to do it for a while for the sake of a door kicking job, but they years of standard policing leading up to it just don't seem worth it.
>>
>>28639958
this. youll start off doing graveyard shifts at a jail cleaning up stalls where prisonors shit themselves, then after a few years youll get put on graveyard shift dealing with drunk methhead hobos sleeping on benches in parks and not leaving 7/11s at 2am. finally after 10 years of distinguished service, youll get a car where you will be forced to sit by the side of the road holding a laser to oncoming traffic being the asshole pulling someone over for going 10mph over the limit so your department can meet quota for ticket revenue that month. all while your black women peers get promoted above you because of diversity
>>
Don't do it OP, right now is a bad time to be a cop. I'm looking at getting into something else and switching to reserve status just to keep my cert.
>>
>>28640043
>right now is a bad time to be a cop
for what reason? this is some stupid fucking shit
>>
>>28639915
Number one thing to remember: they are not your friend. If it's not on record or it can't be corroborated by your references, it didn't exist. Don't volunteer any information past the minimums. They will try to get you to confide in them. Don't. They will try to pry into you and mess with you to try to get you to slip up. Make sure you have a good bullshit story about why you want to join the police.

In my opinion, polygraph isn't the problem. Same with the oral board. The background investigator is. Their job is to be a massive asshole while hiding the fact they are a massive asshole. They will not give you the benefit of a doubt. They are the definition of judging a book by its cover. Doesn't matter if you passed everything else with flying colors; if the background investigator catches a whiff of anything they will end your application.
>>
>>28640059
A lot of reasons. Not really sure if it would be relevant to go into detail, it's ultimately OP's life and decision, but most cops will tell you they wouldn't get into this field right now.

Kinda like how 2008 was a bad time to be a realtor.
>>
>>28640090
Many thanks for the tips /k/omrade.

How much interaction does one usually have with the background investigator? Like do you have to meet with them on a regular basis during the application process?
>>
File: 1427753276549.jpg (40 KB, 640x512) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427753276549.jpg
40 KB, 640x512
>>28640198
>Not really sure if it would be relevant to go into detail
Yes, definitely relevant. Srs
>>
>>28639843
I always wanted to be a chicago cop and help out the inner city kids in poor neighborhoods. How hard would it be to get a job like that?
>>
>>28639762
>I want to know what to expect
A world of pain you fucking pig.

https://youtu.be/szrCg4hbqMs
>>
>>28639915
>>28640090
So you are both kind of right and wrong. Right now in California its kind of hard to get any LEO job or Firefighter job unless you know someone.

Background investigators are definitely not your friends but there are some good ones. Polygraph Examiners are massive dicks and not your friends. Polygraph is a giant problem in my opinion, especially if they don't like you.

> I am banned from applying to one agency because of Polygraph, reason being they felt I used "Counter Measures". First time taking a Polygraph, I didn't even look it up online what to do what not to do. I just went in thinking it would be a cake walk since I've never broken the law or done drugs. Essentially I passed the Polygraph, but the Examiner insisted I cheated and that I was controlling my body.
After the polygraph the Examiner turned into an Interrogator and kept telling me to admit to stuff, I told him I couldn't since I wasn't hiding anything. In the beginning of a PT they tell you its impossible to beat the polygraph they can tell when you are cheating. I pointed that out and ask him how am I cheating. Long story short he can't prove I'm cheating, I retake polygraph with someone else a month later. Same results. Background Investigator was a cool guy, submitted it to review. I end up getting banned. As far as I know I can't apply to that agency again. Fuck you Polygraph Examiners... fuck you.
>>
>>28640238
1/3 Oky doke i'm on my phone though so sorry for the delay.

This used to be a profession, even when i first started just a couple years ago, where good law abiding people liked you, and shitbags who you try to protect the former from hated you. Pretty simple, though not black and white.

Things for whatever reason have just changed. The media is on a witch hunt at all times. Good, law abiding hard working normal folks now fear us and lack trust in us. The Obama administration's handling and response to current events emboldens criminals to act out, and discourages officers from being as proactive, and causes officers to think twice and hesitate, or stray from asking the right questions on a field contact out of fear of being accused of racial profiling or general harassment. This in turn emboldens the criminal element.

I work at a small city of about 55k people, and a little over a hundred officers. I've seen the effects of what i described first hand. Other officers and i stopped hunting the wolf, instead just responding to calls so as not to get into hot water for doing our jobs. Departments are so afraid of being that next scandal on CNN that they will take a citizen complaint as God's word without doing a thorough investigation, and punish the officer even if it's shown that the person lied. They refuse to go after people criminally for making these false reports, which again emboldens the criminal and demoralizes the rank and file beat cops.

I have seen an increase of felonious attacks on cops here first hand. The trends are there and this is a nationwide issue. There are good articles on policeone.com and leoaffairs.com about it.
>>
>>28640376
Basically, the criminals who have always hated us still hate us but act more brazen now, and because of media and Obama led witch hunts, good folks are starting to hate us too, and all you can do is embrace the suck. The climate is completely different than even in 2013 when I started.

I feel bad for the good folks who think that cops aren't normal people. We're your neighbor. We're your youth group leader at church. We're the tripfag on /k/ who plays STALKER and ARMA. We're the guy 2 lanes down at your shooting range plinking away with a 10/22, we're the guy who holds the door open for you at Applebees before sitting down and having a meal with his family too. We are humans who make mistakes, and are crucified if there is an integrity violation, rightfully so. We are also the guy who will no questions asked move heaven and earth to get to you in a time of need, and put our lives on the line for complete strangers regardless of their race, religion, creed, personal bias toward cops, criminal background, etc.....and then when someone screws up, that 0.0001 percent of cops who should never have worn a badge screws up....we all pay the price for it. I stopped caring that people hate us quite frankly and tell us how to do the job.

I've seen dead babies, dead grandmas, dead gangbangers of all ages. I've been hit by a car. I've been feloniously attacked more times than I can count. I've had to tell someone their loved one isn't coming home tonight, or ever again. I did a year in Iraq and never fired my weapon in combat yet I've been in an OIS. I've had to call my wife when I'm 2 hours late from coming home and she's been blowing up my phone and in full panic mode and start off the conversation by "It's me, and first off I'm okay."
>>
>>28640382
3/3 It wears on you and your family. This job sucks. But for the 99% of it that sucks and feels like you never accomplish anything good, and your significant other begins to resent you because you put the job (and therefor others) before your family just to put food on the table....that 1% that's good is fucking amazing. Sometimes it's administering life saving CPR, sometimes it's catching the guy who's been burglarizing the neighborhood for the last month, sometimes it's just giving somebody some advice or a pep talk when they're down. It's a love hate job, and I just don't think that 1% is worth the BS. Hope this makes sense, I'm pretty tired and doing this on a phone sucks.

Sorry for the novel. Ultimately your decision tho bro, but like someone else said keep your nose clean, have integrity, don't lie to the background investigator and be prepared to be denied by a few departments.
>>
>>28640292
This. Polygraphs fucking suck, and a lot of polygraphers fucking think they're witchdoctors. I passed my first one which was to get into an academy. I then failed my second one which was with my local S.O., because he said i was using countermeasures which i wasn't, and refused to admit what i was hiding in my sexual history according to him. I was angry as fuck because i didn't lie. Passed my 3rd one and got hired by that agency. I fucking hate polygraphs. Such a joke.
>>
>>28640376
>>28640382
>>28640395
Shit man, thanks for jotting your thoughts down like that. Much appreciated and gives me a lot to think about. I've met a bunch of LEOs at the range, as well as at my Reserve unit, and all were total bros. Some said they loved it, but they were pretty new to the job. Other more experienced guys resigned or retired for many of the reasons you described.

Stupid question, but are you planning on riding it out? Or are you looking for greener pastures elsewhere?
>>
>>28640447
>what i was hiding in my sexual history
Wtf do they need to know about that for? And what other kinda invasive questions do they ask?
>>
>>28640490
No problem, again sorry it took so long and ended up as a novel. It's pretty typical of the 1st year to be a "honeymoon" year, then after that you start developing as an individual officer.

Probably going to do something else. My neighbor is an audiologist and wants me to come work for his company selling and fitting hearing aids. M-F, 9-5....normal job. Make about 70-120k a year depending on how well I do at it he said. An average year once you get used to it is around 90k. So basically double what I make now and won't have to worry about my boy growing up without a daddy or my wife getting that phone call again with bad news. Can't imagine I'd have to shoot anyone doing that either haha so it has its perks.

I'd like to stay on as reserve though so I can do volunteer shifts now and then, and benefit from LEOSA so I can carry nationwide. Fucking stupid that we don't have national reciprocity for CCW yet, I fucking shot more and got more training civilian side than as a cop....the "only cops can be trusted" mentality makes me wanna throw up. I don't trust half the people at my department with a gun.
>>
>>28640447
why do they even use polygraphs haven't those been proven to be imperfect? Like i really wonder how hard it would be to lie to one?

>have you ever smoked pot in your life
>no

just relax and blank out thoughts? and why the fuck were they asking about sexuality shit who the fuck cares? that isn't their fucking business
>>
>>28640499
Ventura County, Ca
> Have you ever had sex in a public place?
> Have you ever had sex at work?
> Have you ever had sex with a minor?
> Did you ever have sex as a minor? If yes how old was the person you had sex with?
> Have you ever seen porn at work?
> etc, Ventura County asks too many sex related questions.
>>
>>28640499
It was like a 300 question questionare. If you answer yes to anything he has you explain. This is conducted off the machine. Then he hooks you up, asks you questions like "Did you conceal, omit, or lie about anything in your drug use history/sexual history/financial history/criminal history/about your family life/etc.?" So the test itself only takes 10 min tops. He just asks u like 3 times each after the baseline.

As for the questionaire, its invasive as fuck.

>"Mr. Anon, have you ever had unnatural sex?"
>"Uh...you mean like anal? That's kind of perso-"
>stare with the burning passion of a thousand suns right through your soul
>"I mean like animals."
>stare intensifies
>"N-no...no."

It's probably the most uncomfortable thing ive ever done in my 24 years of existence, and ive had a prostate examination by a male physician. It sucks.
>>
a whole class dealing with the shooting of dogs
>>
>>28640518
Lol yeah this. It's been a few years since my last one so i dont really remember much but yea they ask you shit exactly like that. Have you ever received or sent nude photos electronically, etc.

>>28640513
Yeah idk dude, not all places do it. Some do CVSA instead or nothing at all. Some states prohibit it by law. It's marginally more scientific than a ouji board or however you spell it.
>>
>>28639789

Missed out on how you get to shoot dogs too. Don't do it to much though. It's one thing for the ATF to do it, if you start doing it to much, they'll take offense to that.
>>
>>28640519
do you feel like people don't respect you because of your age? I'm a sub contractor and I'm 24 and some jobs I go on I feel like the people look at me and my buddy like wtf? But we do good work and its all ADA so i like what i do.
>>
>>28640540
Nah. Most people think I'm around 28-32 y/o and it's not very hard to not give a shit when a crackhead in the back seat with S&W bracelets on starts saying shit about being old enough to be my dad.

Funny though, in the station parking lot last week some lady had her headlights off (bout 830 pm). I walked up to her, she rolled the window down, I advised her that the headlights were off. She was in her 60's and she thanked me for being such a "polite boy" and asked me if I was in "police school". I looked at her kind of confused and asked "Pardon ma'am?" And she said I looked so handsome with my fake little gun & badge (was wearing business casual with belt clip badge and glock 22 in a fobus) and my parents must be proud. I chuckled and politely said "No ma'am, I'm a police officer, army vet, husband, and father. I'm probably a bit older than you think." She laughed and apologized, said she thought I was in high school. Sweet older ladies are the funniest.
>>
>>28640508
Fuck bro, I was all amped up to join but now I'm not so sure. Since the couple years you've been at it, would you say that the job has changed you as a person at all? Or are you basically the same as before you started?
>>
File: 1451329671588.jpg (105 KB, 560x451) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451329671588.jpg
105 KB, 560x451
>>28640560
>mfw reading this story
>>
>>28640560
do you have any good/funny stories from your field? that sucks you want to get out but i dont blame you. this country feels like its going to hell in a hand basket really fast. So many shit bags and people willing to defend shitbags.
>>
>>28640561
In California you have to do a jail tour and ride along. Most times you take the order is as followed:
Written, Physical Agility Test, Background Packet/Background Interview, Jail tour/Ride along, Polygraph, Physical Eval, Captains Review and you are in.

For Sheriffs you work in the Jails majority of the time, it fucking sucks and its only getting worse. California is letting groups fuck up the follow of things and you write 5+ pages on reports. You get shit on by inmates if they feel you aren't nice enough to them. Inmates can report you if they feel you are too rough with them. Honestly I feel bad for Leo's working in Jails right now.
>>
>>28640582
Yeah tons. Driving home right now though
>>
>>28640601
>driving home
>on phone
ur gonna get pulled over
>>
>>28640560
Can you tell me how female officers did in academy and on the job? Or any lgbt officers if you know any.
>>
>>28640604
Red lights bro

>>28640606
Sure lemme get home first eta 10
>>
>>28640606
Home. Still there?
>>
>>28640653
I am senpai, tell me all about it
>>
>>28640653
Yep yep. Thanks for all the information you've shared by the way, you seem like a really great guy
>>
>>28640620
OIF I just found this thread and am interested in both army and law enforcement. I really wanna thank you for this thread. I've never had this much insight until now. I'll say, this has me on the fence. Hell I just can't bother with desk jobs anymore, I'll blow my brains out. I like a gun at my waist and doing work that matters. Shit that's active, unpredictable even. Hell, I might even do Border Patrol.
>>
>>28640656
I second this
>>
>>28640655
>>28640656
Np.

In FL, police academy is simply a school at a technical institute or community college, save Florida Highway Patrol and a few other special snowflake agencies here and there. You apply, you go thru background check and shit, pay money, and boom you go to school. When you finish, you take the state exam and if you pass you apply for jobs.

We had 7 in my academy class, 6 males 1 female. The female was a bad bitch. 32 year old latina single mom raising 2 girls, very petite, but super badass chick. She was awesome and performed well and worked hard. She went to another agency and I heard she does a good job and is well liked.

Most of the females I work with are fucking useless. I can't stand working with them. We have one new-ish girl who is very bubbly and very pretty and therefor isn't taken very seriously. I had serious reservations about her because she never really got into much action, not that that's her fault, the Crime Gods just simply didn't smile upon her. Her trial by fire was when I got in my OIS, she was my backup unit who was there with me and I felt she did just fine and it changed my opinion of her for the better. Lots of respect for her, think she's going to be fine.

But most chicks I work with are pretty useless...just bad cops. Idk if it's because they are chicks or just because they are bad cops, not sure.

I don't know any LGBT officers, at least not open ones, so I can't speak for that sorry.
>>
>>28640653
yeah here had to take a shit.
>>
>>28640670
I feel ya. I'd say if it's not something you're 100% into and for the right reasons, don't do it because it takes so long and is so stupid hard to get a job. I'd also say avoid the military right now, looks like that shit's going down the tubes in the interest of social justice. So glad I got out.
>>
>>28640508
>I'd like to stay on as reserve though so I can do volunteer shifts now and then, and benefit from LEOSA so I can carry nationwide
LEOSA is definitely enticing. Are there any other lesser known perks to the job, if you're able to say?
>>
>>28640746
Eh not really. Glock blue label program. Few other gun companies do it too. Got my G43 this Xmas for 380 out the door.
>>
>>28640755
are those any good? never shot one seems really light and tiny. is 9mm snappy out of it?
>>
>>28640759
Good question haven't shot it yet. I used to have a Shield 9 and thought it was snappy as fuck which is why I got rid of it. I thought it felt the same as shooting my friend's Shield 40.

I shot my buddy's Glock 42 a couple months ago and it had very very tame recoil, so here's to hoping the 43 proves to be the same way.
>>
>>28640704
Do they look favorably upon veterans? Or does it neither hurt nor help your chances?
>>
File: beretta84fs.jpg (825 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
beretta84fs.jpg
825 KB, 2592x1944
>>28640770
if you thought mp shield 40 was snappy i wish you would have shot my fnx 40. The thing had so much muzzle rise it wasn't even fun to shoot. it felt like it was lifting straight up out of my hand. this is why i love heavy as fuck steel frame guns. pic very related.
>>
>>28640794
Depends on the agency. I landed an interview with a state agency where because I had veteran preference points, they were required to give me an interview. In the interview that I drove an hour to, they told me they wouldn't hire me because I was a veteran after conducting said interview.

Other agencies like it, generally full service city or county agencies, but middle management hates it if you are still reserve or NG because it means you're not at work one weekend a month and 2 weeks for AT.

In my opinion, unless you just have good life experience, military can help you out at doing the job. Generally combat arms...the former combat arms guys at my agency are some of the best cops, college grads with no military are usually useless as fuck, high school diploma guys who have worked tons of jobs are pretty good, and military POGs are basically like college grads. These are generalizations with exceptions, but that's what I've noticed.

So ultimately neither help nor hurt, it is life experience, being level headed, and common sense that helps you.
>>
>>28640802
Goddamn those socks look comfy as fuck
>>
>>28640802
I fired an FNS 40 full size and found it very shootable. Fired an FNX 45 and was very surprised to find it very hard to shoot despite being a fucking boat anchor. Maybe it's just the FNX design.
>>
File: p308.jpg (823 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
p308.jpg
823 KB, 2592x1944
>>28640814
gotta love thick as fuck wool socks. they don't make my feet sweat a quarter as much as cotton. and they stay warm af when wet.

>>28640820 im curious what an fns feels like haven't shot one. i don't regret trading my fnx in though.... pic related...
>>
>>28640678
OP here. Thanks for everything.

> Idk if it's because they are chicks or just because they are bad cops
It's because they're chicks. And not because of xx chromosomes or estrogen or anything physical, it's just because the way girls grow up in today's times.

I'll try not to be another disgraceful girl cop.
>>
>>28640813
Australian here. Sorry if I'm unaware, but what handguns/rifles do you carry on you or in your squad car for day to day work?

I know NY is pretty bad with the 12 pound trigger pulls, but how does your state compare?

Also; How exactly is the SJW movement/BLM criminality group effecting your work?
>>
>>28640837
I know several competent female cops. one is a k9 unit and works at a lgs and is really cool. Nothing is better then meeting a female that knows more about firearms then myself.
>>
11Bravbro, would love to hear your take on the below

>>28640561
>Since the couple years you've been at it, would you say that the job has changed you as a person at all? Or are you basically the same as before you started?
>>
>>28640835
Nice, why the front sight so far back? Plastic MBUS + gas block?

>>28640837
True, generally the latinas and older females do just fine. It's my generation that's pants on head retarded.

>Teehee I'm a girl!
Literally what it seems like.

Were you wondering about the LGBT because that applies to you?
>>
>>28640847
not gonna lie i just wanted to toss sights on it and go to the range because first ar-10. i had to move it back because when i had it forward i literally had the elevation down as low as it would go and it was still shooting low. moved it back some and fixed the problem. Don't know what you mean about the gas block?
>>
>>28640847
>Were you wondering about the LGBT because that applies to you?

Yeah but I probably shouldn't go into it since it'd shit up the thread
>>
>>28640861
hot gas block + polymer front sight = melted sight
>>
>>28640841
I carry a Glock 22 .40 S&W with a standard Glock 5.5lb trigger and Glock brand Glockazine night sights.

Hardly any of us carry rifles because my agency makes it a fucking royal pain in the ass to get approved to carry one, get certified to carry one, and actually carry one. I carry a Sig 556 Classic which is a great rifle and I enjoy it, but I'd like to switch to an AR. I'm afraid that I'll shoot out the barrel on my 556 eventually and not be able to find a replacement years down the road. Won't care if I shoot out the barrel on an AR.

As for SJW and BLM, I thought I hit on that pretty well earlier but I guess not. Myself and a lot of other officers are less proactive now. We never misbehaved before and still don't, but we've just stopped looking for shit to get into and have become more of a reactive force because it's not worth getting fired or in trouble. They tried to fuck a friend of mine over with a 3 week unpaid suspension because he copped an attitude with a guy who was calling him racial slurs on a traffic stop. They asked my buddy about it and he admitted to it no fuss about it, and they tried to fry him. So it's just not worth it.

I go to work every day with the understanding that I could lose my job or my life. It sucks.

>>28640843
Sorry must have missed that post. Yeah it's changed me, especially if you ask my wife. It's changed me mostly for the better in a lot of ways, but I certainly have become more cynical. I try not to let that influence my daily life though, it's not fair to my family.
>>
>>28640872
oh. i wonder if im better or worse off since its a short stroke piston. i don't think i'll be cranking fast enough to melt it though considering .308 isnt super cheap...
>>
>>28640861
>>28640872
Yeah this, was going to ask if there was any truth to it for normal range use but I guess you just did it just to do it :P

>>28640870
Naw it's all good, was just curious. Didn't realize you were grill. I'm pretty sure there's probably a few female cops I've met that are playing for the other team, but idk. I try not to fraternize so I don't really know any of them very well. I've always kind of had a "don't date military or cops" thing...but I'm married now so it doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>28640892
>fraternize
Do all cops hang out at cop bars after hours and develop drinking habits, or have I just been watching too much The Wire?
>>
Highway Patrolman here, any questions are fair
>>
>>28640908
Pretty sure that's just Hollywood bullshit. I love my cop buddies but I don't think it's healthy to eat, sleep, breathe cop.
>>
>>28640938
How long on the job? Enjoy it? Favorite radio station to listen to in your cruiser?
>>
>>28640938
whens the last time you shot a dog?
>>
>>28640938
Do you shoot the dog first, or do you shoot the guy THEN the dog?
>>
>>28640942
How many hrs a week are you on duty? And how do you decompress?
>>
>>28640977
Rookie still lol. It's great, I'm in an area with a ton of crashes though. Kinda distracts from more interesting stuff, but it's still fun. Got an Ipod hook-up
>>
>>28640892
You seem like a very good officer, but you realize what you just did right?
You made a 4chan trap enthusiastic for cop work. Someone who is about a 1000 times more likely to feel entitled to a special bathroom, sensitivity courses and what not. Good intentions are the mother of all problems.
>>
>>28641005
Dog first, I have to keep up appearances!
>>
>>28641027
>Not stealing the man's shoelaces first
You're never going to make it to the ATF, kid.
>>
>>28639762
Is anyone here in the Us Marshals? Do you like it? What do you do?
>>
>>28640518
These are all crimes to a varying degree though.

They ask so many damn questions about past crimes to see if a) you've done anything super illegal (such as sexing up a kid) and b) to see if you say no to ever doing any crime ever, which stands out as bullshit to a reviewer, because everyone's done something wrong, and that makes them think you're a liar.

They're looking for the scumbags and dishonest so they don't have to take them any further into process and reject them after questioning.
>>
>>28640814
>>28640835
Smart Wool Mountaineering socks, right? I own like 6 fucking pairs of those, they're the fucking shit.
>>
>>28641013
40 hrs. Video games and hangin out with my family. Occasionally shoot my funs
>>
>>28641230
have you tazed anyone yet? or anything else funny that people deserved?
>>
>>28641156
I'm not sure, I ganked a bunch from my dad. they are old as fuck so idk the brand.
>>
>>28641248
Nope. Only had a taser for a couple months before it broke. They break a lot. Theyre very unreliable. Finally got a new one like a year later and then it got confiscated. I did OC spray someone once. Usually I just go hands on. A lot of officers are sensitive to residual OC spray so I try not to use it as a courtesy, and batons jusy look bad on cell phone videos.
>>
>>28641260
everything looks bad on cellphone videos theres never any context. just niggers screaming WORLD STAR WORLD STAR!!!!!!!!!!!! and some bullshit title ''innocent dindu headed to church beat to death by cops''
>>
>>28641248
Just realized i didnt fully answer that...im not big on the idea of "tuning" people up. Its unethical. That being said usually drunk idiots who fight us usually dont feel pain as well so they dont know when to quit and therefor end up getting absolutely fucked up and having awesome mugshots.
>>
>>28641260
Have you ever been tased before? If yes, how did it feel?
>>
>>28641278
Nope. My academy stopped for liability reasons and my agency wouldn't because reasons. I asked when I got to my agency and never got a straight answer. I have been OC'd twice though. Little to no effect both times.
>>
>>28641278
I've been tazed before. The pain isn't that bad, but the loss of control is worse.
>>
>>28640395
Right on brother! I'm here to let you know not everyone hates all cops and some people know there's a big difference between 99.9% of police and that .01% that are shit bags. I think if everyone personally knew a cop that we wouldn't have this hate on the 99% of good cops. Keep on fighting the good fight and know you have a silent majority behind you
>>
>>28640508
>"only cops can be trusted" mentality makes me wanna throw up. I don't trust half the people at my department with a gun.
Porque?
>>
>>28641409
Thanks man, good to hear

>>28641411
Because most cops aren't passionate about guns, training, or being prepared. Most shoot their 40 rounds a year for qual and that's it. I've seen some unsafe as fuck weapon handling.

I gotta go to bed guys im exhausted. Maybe ill be super gay and do an AMA another time or something, I'm on literally every day if anyone has any questions. Always glad to help out.
>>
>>28641447
Peace out 11Bravbro, catch you on the flip side
>>
>>28641447
good night dude do an ama so i can hear some funny stories
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6
Thread DB ID: 453055



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.