[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats its going to be? Land crawler carrier or Hover carrier.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

Whats its going to be? Land crawler carrier or Hover carrier.
>>
File: f4susybxa91qqgdlawkt[1].png (376KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
f4susybxa91qqgdlawkt[1].png
376KB, 800x449px
>>
>>28639512
They actually made a plausible argument for land carriers. You have to be pretty impressed with that.
>>
File: kharak1[1].jpg (29KB, 620x282px) Image search: [Google]
kharak1[1].jpg
29KB, 620x282px
>>
Is this real life? I just watched a review of that game 30 minutes ago
>>
>>28639518
What I think is neater is that for all the ground crawler units they have suspensions above the tread sections so they can climb over dunes without high centering. Really good attention to detail with that.
>>
I like the name shipbreakers more
>>
>>28639545
they reference shipbreaking several times while talking about salvaging ship wrecks. Neat nod to the original ideas.
>>
>>28639512

All the aircraft are VTOL, why do they need landing strips? They don't use them when they land. What's the deal?
>>
>>28639512
REMOVE Space Sand Coon

Long live Taiidan.
>>
>>28639512
why land carrier? Wouldnt a space carrier operating from above be better if it could lauch air assaults on the ground.
>>
Is the game worth it?
>>
>>28642047
Im not sure yet. Cool use of environment for cover/ positioning.

I just wish there was more airpower/ it was a bigger part of the game. From what I have seen you only get a few aircraft.
>>
How are the graphics of this game?
Does it run on a toaster?
>>
>>28641304
LONG LIVE TAIIDAN

HIIGARAN SCUM ARE LYING CONTRACT BREAKING BACKSTABBING JEWS
>>
REMOVE VAYGR remove vaygr

you are worst vaygr. you are the vaygr idiot you are the vaygr smell. return to reaches.
>>
File: hw_landcarrier.jpg (719KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
hw_landcarrier.jpg
719KB, 1680x1050px
Fucking Space Bin Laden tryna cockblock a nigga from sum dat space travel.
>>
File: Look at that wing span..png (948KB, 1264x657px) Image search: [Google]
Look at that wing span..png
948KB, 1264x657px
>>28643046
It makes pretty good use of air superiority, if a bit micromanagement heavy. During the campaign you can have up to 15 interceptors (ground strike/A2A) 3 bombers (AOE strike) and 2 gunships. and while not something you get to use, the supply aircraft has to be my favorite thing behind the land carriers in the entire game.

I mean its wing span is almost twice the length of the land carrier, bottom right of the image.
>>
>>28639512

What game is this?

It looks like a command & conquer type game.
>>
>>28645496
That cutscene in the second mission. oh man.
Made me cum.
All the mechanical designs are 10/10.
>>
>>28645520
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak.

Made by a handful of the original homeworld devs (Blackbird Interactive) supported by Gearbox.

Was announced as "Hardware: Shipbreakers" before they partnered with Gearbox (who bought the Homeworld Licence when THQ went under) who let them make it a true prequel to Homeworld 1
>>
>>28645543
Have you see the cutscene of where they get a mid desert resupply lander on a huge plateau?

Its super spoilers to say more but there are THREE of those landers.
>>
>>28645462
Vaygr are the best get the fuck out.

REMOVE HIIGARANS REMOVE HIIGARANS
>>
>>28645479
Kharakian Bin Laden was right, though.
>>
File: cuz im feelin it.png (117KB, 269x302px) Image search: [Google]
cuz im feelin it.png
117KB, 269x302px
>all that miscellaneous radio chatter in the background
>those huge vehicles
>that music
>those painted animation cutscenes
>>
>>28645462
>literally prefering space muslims over space vikings

do you know how shit you are?
>>
>>28645739
>the transition from painted animation to in game models in the first cutseen.
>>
>>28645749
>liking a murderous band of space nigs going round the galaxy trying to impose their edgey cult over the based hiigarans who managed to take down a corrupt empire with a single mothership
get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>28645783
secondary spotted

that has been Homeworld traditions since the first game in 1999.
>>
>>28645783
Shit was smooth.
They really managed to nail the aesthetic.
>>
>>28645794
The Taiidan empire took out itself by being super incompetent and beset by rebels and lead by a madman.

The Kushan were weak sauce space kikes whose appeal to the galactic council got through on the basis of crying about space-anti-semitism all the time.
>>
>>28645822
I thought the Bentusi were the space kikes.
>>
>>28645836
Nah bentusi is more like space arabic traders
>>
>>28645800
to the best of my knowledge there was never a transition straight from animation to game models in Homeworld 1.
>>
>>28645836
Kushan turned from space muslims into space kikes after the Holocaust of their race on Kharak.
And they are scoring political correctness points with the galactic council since then by screaming anti-semitism and 'muh holocaust' at every occassion to get their illegal claims acknowledged (legal claims per system is merely 5 lightyears - fucking kikes get 20 LYs around Hiigara) and have the original inhabitants of the Hiigara system evicted or placed under their occupation.

Kushan are the worst. They need to be removed again.
>>
>>28645885
And seriously, Hiigara only has 120 million inhabitants at the beginning of HW2, which makes it completely illegal for them to occupy and claim so much space for themselves.

But always 'muh kharakian genocide' etc.
>>
>>28642001
Its harder to make ships capable to go from space to the ground. its also more expensive
>>
>>28645885
Butthurt Taiidanian detected.
>>
>>28645836
Bentusi are Space America

They get fucked over by the space kik...Kushan and die to save them from superior Germa...Progenitor race technology.
>>
>>28646611
Taiidan gave the right to rule.
>>
>>28646611
Not playing with the Taiidan mothership in homeworld 1 to slay the dirty world stealers.

Kharak BBQ best day of life.
>>
How is the new Homeworld? Looks pretty low budget to me after a few levels, I want fucking space battles not the same in the motherfucking desert battles over and over.
>>
>>28646704
>buy game called "Deserts of Kharak"
>expecting space battles

You only brought this upon yourself.
>>
>>28646732
>imply I bought
>>
>>28646704
Homeworld 3 when.
>>
>>28646688
>Not playing with the Taiidan mothership in homeworld 1 to slay the dirty world stealers.

Fixed.

>>28639548
>>28646357
I wish they made a sequel where they serious bulk up the ground game and integrate it where you can fight on multiple scales and enviornments in like space, asteroids, planets, and on surfaces of really huge megalith relics to even activate them as galactic level dreadnoughts the size of a star. And they could combine it with the traditional homeworld space game which could have more large scale battles and be bolstered by relic ships salvaged from the ground or megaliths assembled together to act a combination of strategic units and controllable enviornments that call in weapons strikes or boost the fleet.

Like a super sized hybrid of Ground Control, Homeworld, Stardrive, and Supreme Commander. And I'm tripping balls right now so this must sound all fucked up.
>>
>>28646688
Taiidan best Empire.

Kushan kikes must burn.
>>
>>28646790
Apparently HW2 was supposed to have a bunch of battles take place among huge megaliths that you could use as bases and have star wars style trench runs. But it got chopped.
>>
File: somtaaw_vectorized.png (13KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
somtaaw_vectorized.png
13KB, 324x291px
>>28645479
Fuck Kiith Gaalsien. Somtaaw fo' life.
>>
Also fuck this game too. Fuckin' with muh lore. There was only one starship on Kharak goddamnit. This is ESTABLISHED. The Khar-Toba. Do not believe these lies!

(Kinda looks fun, though.)
>>
>>28647301
Insignificant miners get back to work.
>>
File: Beast-slayer-crest.png (46KB, 1200x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Beast-slayer-crest.png
46KB, 1200x1228px
>>28647477
MINERS!??
>>
>>28646850
Exactly.

But now we have the technology.

Think about it.
>>
>>28647584
>canon.
LaughingBeastShips.gif
>>
>>28646772
It's in development by Gearbox. 2017 sometime, if the rumors are true.
>>
File: land carrier.jpg (364KB, 1480x1201px) Image search: [Google]
land carrier.jpg
364KB, 1480x1201px
>>28639514
>>
>>28649089
>2017
>literally revealing games about 1 month before they release
Gearbox master race, keeping their fans from getting blue balled.

I really hope they jump on the modding community, because that was some of the best parts about homeworld too keeping it alive and even developing a lot of the experience that let gearbox remaster the homeworld series again.

Shame Cataclysm's source code is too fucked up to remaster, though I suspect that modders would fix that once they get up and running.
>>
>>28649237
I just about had a shitfit when I got the email that the game was launching. they said nothing since E3 2013, then BOOM launch date. the hype was real.
>>
>>28639512
Have you seen this mutha-fuckin' carrier with its close range weapons turnt the fuck up?

It wrecks entire armies in seconds and looks cool as fuck doing it.

Also, remove filthy Vagyr scum with Sajuuk to Bear.
>>
>>28650899
All dose VLS cells.
>>
>>28639512
I really liked that carrier but the other cruiser class ships looked like shit.
>>
The original Homeworld was my first pc game when i was a kid
>muh fleet of 50 interceptors
Eat a dick small craft engagements
>>
>>28649237
> In February 2015, Gearbox announced that they are still interested in remaking Cataclysm, if the source code would be found.[5] In a 18 February 2015 Twitch interview, former Cataclysm developers stated that a remake should be possible even without the Cataclysm source code but with the "Homeworld Remastered" engine.[6]
>>
>>28639542
Just imagine trying to locate an airport in the middle of nowhere that can move around and hide behind sand dunes.
>>
What's the point of building an expensive land carrier when all you need is hundreds of land speedboats with AShM to fuck it up?
>>
>>28645496
What is this from?
>>
>space kikes
>world stealers
>this that there thus

Played both and still can't remember who is who at any point in time ('cept the Bentusi and The Beast)
>>
>>28653005
It's also from Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, like OP's pic, but that's a different map mode that you can switch to quickly for viewing shit
>>
>>28643046
If you don't have HW:R yet, you can get two unfinished games for the price of one.

Neither of them is a seriously bad game, but they're both gravely underdeveloped and full of bad design choices.
>>
>>28653065
Megapatch will fix some annoying problems the remastered ones have. for bad design choises you can blame Sierra for fucking up HW2
>>
>>28653448
>blame Sierra for fucking up HW2

I do. But I also blame Gearbox for picking up the HW2 engine as the template instead of building the new one around HW1/Cataclysm standards.
>>
holy shit. how did a new homeworld game sneak by me, thanks /k/
>>
>>28653577
Don't get too excited, it's pretty mediocre.
>>
so is this what the were calling shipbreakers or a different game entirely
>>
>>28646704
Yeah, I think its a bit disappointing its not planet hopping and orbital deployment.
>>
>>28654024
I think it's disappointing the game doesn't do more with Kharakian Lore, of which there is a great deal.
>>
>>28653956
No. It changed names.
>>
>>28646790
You mean sorta of like Planetary Annihilation?
>>
>>28645739
I really liked the chatter
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.