[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ Miltary Enlistment General- Roo Fucker edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 36

File: Ben Roberts Smith.jpg (198KB, 512x654px) Image search: [Google]
Ben Roberts Smith.jpg
198KB, 512x654px
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor. Just keep it contained to this general you cocks.
>>
>>28629122
thinking of going army, I want to kill fuckers and have war stories, I want a shit ton of medals and school certification shit, Rangers SF, Airborne and shit
>>
I am looking to join the ADF, what should I go into ?

I would like a challenge, and what preparations should I make before joining ?
>>
>>28629122
Does the us government actually pay you, or are you such a fucking loser that you do it for free?
>>
>>28629201
i am a government secret agent, and we pay 4chan in lube and dildos for the rights to advertise here
>>
File: 0dccr0j[1].png (161KB, 1370x1380px) Image search: [Google]
0dccr0j[1].png
161KB, 1370x1380px
So, you want to be a secret agent right?

You've got to have aptitude for learning languages.

You're not a fucking faggot are? Figure this shit out
>>
>>28629201
this is a containment thread, /k/omandos are sometimes jealous of the military.
>>
>>28629196

Depends what interests you man.

Ive been an infantryman for 6 years. Fun at first but fuck me it gets old fast.
Lots of opportunities to do work you enjoy. There was obviously deployments happening when I enlisted too, so everyone wanted grunts or cav, different army now.
>>
>>28629227
suace? what the utter fuck?
>>
>>28629251

This. Man, I'm 29, well fit and I've got a fresh as hell 4 year stint as a bangbang ahead of me, but hell does it suck sometimes. Atleast they're putting me on FO courses cause I did telecom before re-enlisting, so it's not always the same kick-door-slice-corner-jump-window-fuck-shit-up-rotation. Did that for a year in training, but more innawoods style so atleast it's not digging the umpteenth foxhole over and over again.
>>
>>28629278
It's from some guide book to DLAB testing
http://www.deltagearinc.com/Kit&Tools/Kit/DLABsample.pdf

It's all about logically pathways to comprehending languages, in this case a made up one
>>
>>28629227
How the hell is the DLAB helping you become a secret agent?
Sincerely a 1N3
>>
>>28629182
So get your PT in order and do it?
>>
>>28629182
Good luck with peace time army.
>>
>>28629122
What are some cool non-POG (Read: Not stuck in an office/typing) jobs?
Can be any branch

Don't give a fuck about "transition" to civilian side, just want a cool experience and a little money in my pocket after
>>
>>28629278
It's an aptitude test for one of the intelligence roles - they want to make sure that you're not going to be hopeless at learning another language.

>>28629196
If you want a physical challenge, go Army. If you don't like the idea of scrounging around in the dirt, RAAF pilot or ACO is mentally challenging, although if you get too far in and fail hard, you can get forced into another role like admin officer for a few years. What do you find interesting?
>>
>>28629317
http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/airforce/jobs/OperationalAirIntelligenceAnalyst/EmploymentTraining/
>>
>>28629312
Do you have any more? My friends are cryptos and will be waiting a long time before they get started (about 2 years) and resources like these keep their spirits high. Thanks in advance
>>
>>28629227
>>28629317
>>28629349

lol
pretty sure they don't even do the language aptitude testing anymore for the various linguist trades (amongst all corps)
>>
>>28629375

my bad, not corps, i meant services
>>
>>28629349
If that's anything like the job in the US it isn't secrect agent stuff. Sure you look at top secret things but it really isn't shit.
Also to all who want to be in intel, it's cool but really boring and you usually don't get to see any of the really cool stuff.
>>
>>28629461

It's estimated that around 95% of intel is gathered from public sources nowadays. No cool Cold War One supah sikkrizz stuff anymore thanks to the interwebs. I do HAM radio for hobby and antennas in college and that alone gets you a long way into the signal intelligence business.
>>
>>28629234
>sometimes

Nah, they just went to MEPS and found out they couldn't get waivers for how smart they are.
>>
File: USS_Baltimore_(CA-68).jpg (85KB, 740x586px) Image search: [Google]
USS_Baltimore_(CA-68).jpg
85KB, 740x586px
I'm considering enlistment in the US Navy - I've been a shut-in and living in my mom's basement for a good four years now and have had an easier time taking advantage of her generosity and sitting on my ass playing vidya as opposed to getting a job and turning my life around, also depression - I think getting a job and excelling at it would bring satisfaction/fulfillment to my life. also appeal to what little honor I have and the ease of being a welfare queen make enlistment attractive, I also like warships, warplanes and attack subs so the Navy looks really good.

IS, CTI, CTN each seem like they would provide a real mental challenge and might not be too boring if at all. Surface engineering seems like it might be fulfilling if I want a more kinesthetic focused job. FT and MT sound cool but probably involve spending most of my time at a computer with little to do and SO seems fine if I wanted to really get out never again live as a shut-in. Going nuke seems like a good idea if I wanted to work as a nuclear engineer in the private sector post-service but otherwise seems awfully boring for someone who's interest in nuclear power is basically free unlimited energy that can be used to irrigate the desert and provide food for the entire world and all that fun stuff as opposed to other people who really really like nuclear energy and have made it their life's calling.

Would enlistment be a good idea if I want to achieve happiness through full use of my powers and also date idols/models/actresses/9+/10s after/during military career? I like to think I can survive any indefinite period of time without getting my rocks off so deployment doesn't seem bad from the perspective of a neet that's never had to face a real challenge in his life before.

Enlistment also seems like an excellent idea for the structure/discipline it would bring as well.
>>
File: braceforimpact.jpg (70KB, 600x626px) Image search: [Google]
braceforimpact.jpg
70KB, 600x626px
>>28630134
god I love these threads sometimes.
>>
File: 1429031843920.jpg (3MB, 2832x2824px) Image search: [Google]
1429031843920.jpg
3MB, 2832x2824px
>>28630145
I must be fucked.
>>
>>28630134
>considering enlistment in the US Navy

Don't do it.
>>
How do I overcome this urge to go to the army?
I'm from germany and our army is total shit, and I got asthma so no army would likely take me anyway.

It just seems so fun, comfy etc., like something I'd really enjoy
>>
>>28630255
join a militia, you're better suited for something like that
>>
>>28630255
>I got asthma so no army would likely take me anyway.

Real talk, I feel very badly for guys in situations like this. They desperately want to serve in their country's military but they simply physically cannot. (Note here that I mean people who are sick or blind or deaf or whatever. I don't mean people too fat to serve.)
If they speak positively about the military or military actions and it comes out that they've never served, they are instantly and unfairly written-off as cowardly chickenhawks.
>>
>>28630322
>militia
>in germany
Top kek m8
Even if such a militia formed it would instantly get v& for being a right wing terror group

>>28630343
Yea it sucks. I would love the comraderie...
Maybe I will try and go muhreens if I win a greencard.
>>
>>28629257
>I have the opportunity to go there for a full, free ride.
>Since it's free, and won't put me in debt, it'd be worth to go get a degree before enlisting? Or would it really not matter whether I went before or after enlisting because it's free?

Get your degree before enlisting. Being in the military is way easier as a 22-year old than as an 18-year old. Having a degree can get you more respect from officers, and you've also got more maturity and life experience so you are better equipped to handle the military's bullshit.
When you get out, you can use the GI Bill to pay for grad school.
>>
>>28629182
You will not get any medals or ever kill anybody. If you're lucky you might get airborne. They will not want you for Rangers or SF.
>>
>>28630443
Who are you to decide Wether he gets an option 40 or not?
As long as he doesn't actually tell his recruiter "I want to kill people", he'll be fine.

If this is something you really want, and if you're an able-bodied man with discipline and a love for PT, you can pass RASP
>>
>>28630487
>If you're an able-bodied man with discipline and a love for PT, you can pass RASP

This meme should probably end.

The fact is RASP fails about 70% of the people who sign up and it's not like they just hand out Opt40 contracts to fatbodies. You can be fit as a fiddle and still fail.

And >>28629182 isn't going to enlist anyway. He wants recognition. He doesn't want to serve. He doesn't want to put in the work. Guys who talk like that almost never follow through when they realize that the kind of glory they think they'll get doesn't exist.
>>
>>28630546
Homie I know 2 people personally that got into Regiment.
They only fail fuckups.
Be squared away, be good at PT
And do what you're told.
It's not a meme. It's how that shit works
>>
>>28630570
>They only fail fuckups.
>Be squared away, be good at PT
>And do what you're told.
that does not sound your average /k/ommando.
>>
File: DLABsample.jpg (12KB, 375x157px) Image search: [Google]
DLABsample.jpg
12KB, 375x157px
>>28629227
Do they only use you for languages you test into or do they just put you in whatever they need people for? Can you retake the DLAB and if so how many times? Last thread someone said you have no say in what language you do. Even if I already know Chinese pretty well would they teach me French or something, even if I qualified for the higher languages?
>>
>>28630604
I never said it did retard.
But you don't know how that guy is just from one post.
Maybe he is a fatbody.
And I know it's annoying how every single thread someone comes in and says they want that Op40.
But it's just as annoying when people say "no you're on 4chan it's impossible"
>>
>>28630487
The progression of every "I wanna be a Ranger" post sequence.

>Post 1
Hey guys, I'm going to be a Ranger (or possibly a SEAL). Just want to give y'all a heads-up: that impending darkness won't be a solar eclipse, it will just be my enormous balls blocking out the sun. My question is this: I've heard Rangers literally drown in pussy. Are there any precautions I should take, like bringing a snorkel to bed?

>Post 2
Lol, you won't be a Ranger.

>Post 3
Yo, I totally will. I have a year to get ready and I'm almost at all the required physical fitness standards.

>Post 4
Man, those are the bare minimums. You won't pass if you can only do the bare minimums. Those thresholds just exist for auto-fail purposes. You need to be much fitter

>Post 5
Fuck you, nigger! You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do. Guys on /meg/ have all said all you need is the willpower to pass. I got the willpower. I've gone down from 300lbs to 268lbs. I can run two miles without stopping. You're just a faggot who didn't get to be a Ranger and now you're taking everyone else down with you. Fuck you.
>>
>>28630546
False, graduation rates usually sit around 70% actually.
>>
>>28630692
Proof, please?
>>
>>28630689
To be fair, if you can meet the minimum and still have a year to train chances are when the time comes you'll be scoring in the extended tier.
>>
>>28630689
>I've gone down from 300lbs to 268lbs. I can run two miles without stopping.
kek
>>
>>28630631
why did you make this? are you the dumb frogposting regular that REEEEs every thread?
>>
>>28630689

>Post 1
Hey guys, I'm going to be a Ranger (or possibly a SEAL). Just want to give y'all a heads-up: that impending darkness won't be a solar eclipse, it will just be my enormous balls blocking out the sun. My question is this: I've heard Rangers literally drown in pussy. Are there any precautions I should take, like bringing a snorkel to bed?

>Post 2
Lol, you won't be a Ranger.

>Post 3
Yo, I totally will. I have a year to get ready and I'm almost at all the required physical fitness standards.

>Post 4
Man, those are the bare minimums. You won't pass if you can only do the bare minimums. Those thresholds just exist for auto-fail purposes. You need to be much fitter

>Post 5
Fuck you, nigger! You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do. Guys on /meg/ have all said all you need is the willpower to pass. I got the willpower. I've gone down from 300lbs to 268lbs. I can run two miles without stopping. You're just a faggot who didn't get to be a Ranger and now you're taking everyone else down with you. Fuck you.

>Post 6
>>
>>28630709
I was there. Classes are usually capped at 160, at least when I did. Graduating classes sit around 90 to 130 dudes.

Classes start every month or two, there's 2 rotations going at a time. So one class is doing weeks 1-4 while the other is doing weeks 5-8.

Because of this you hear a lot of class graduation rates. Also you hear one of the two rotations is the one where they 'run everywhere' which isn't true. They both run a ton.
>>
>>28630134
Yeah sure why not lol
>>
>>28630134
Wow.
Just wow.
You're very autistic.
Join the Marines and hopefully they'll turn you into somewhat of an extrovert
>>
>>28631261
Internet is serious business, eh sperg?
>>
>>28631271
That's hardly proof. I can claim I was there too. Every published document puts graduation rates in the 30% area.
>>
>>28631538
Yeah this guy is right.
There was somewhat of a scandal with one particular RASP class that had an 80% graduation.
This specific class was the class observed for a documentary.
Surviving the Cut or something like that or along those lines.
Usual RASP graduation rate is about 30%

It's their job to break you. To weed out everyone that doesn't truly want to be there and deserve to be there.
You should be scoring 300 APFT if you're serious.
I know 2 guys that passed RASP within the last 2 years.
One had a score of 340 which is the extended scale.
the other guy had a 298.
These were their final scores in basic
>>
>>28631639
Wasn't surviving the cut.
It was Hell and Back, special ops ranger.
Apparently a lot of the guys from that particular class were removed from regiment shortly after getting sent to their battalions.
Not able to perform.
Which brings up another point.
It's just as hard, if not harder, to stay in regiment than it is to get there.
You can't relax just because you made it past RASP.
Now you're a cherry and your peers will try to break you themselves.
Until you get your tab or see combat you're not proven in their eyes.
>>
>>28629505
i laughed because it's true
>>
>>28630134
go bud/s
>>
File: k more operator than operator.jpg (30KB, 1224x142px) Image search: [Google]
k more operator than operator.jpg
30KB, 1224x142px
>>28630546
>The fact is RASP fails about 70% of the people who sign up and it's not like they just hand out Opt40 contracts to fatbodies. You can be fit as a fiddle and still fail.

You're that guy who decided to spend 4 years in the Air Force to help make up his mind about special operations aren't you?

You're an idiot. The only way you can get in is by doing it. Sitting around not doing it brings you no closer. How you fail to understand this is beyond me.
>>
>>28630657
>But it's just as annoying when people say "no you're on 4chan it's impossible"

The number of fucking rangers we've had on 4chan is stupid. about 2007-8-9 they were fucking falling off the walls. Couldn't have a mil thread without them popping in. Think Ricky is the only one left that trips anyway.

There are angry young men on 4chan who limit themselves and think other people have to abide by these same limits. I actually hope these threads give them a glimpse of a way out of their malaise. But I think too many are unwilling to endure the discomfort that it will take.
>>
>>28630689
>Guys on /meg/ have all said all you need is the willpower to pass.

Um, well, you kinda do. That's the starter and the finisher.

No one here has ever said it would be easy. The faggots that bitch about guys wanting to be Rangers make it seem like /meg/ portrays it as a hugbox cakewalk liberal love fest. This is because they're faggots with their own issues and think everyone else has those same issues. Generally, we tell them it's going to be hard, tell them to deal with it, tell them to start preparing and give advice on how to do so.

And look, here you are, de-railing the thread again.
>>
>>28631839
Well said nigger.
I wish someone who recently passed RASP would come in with some proof and shed some light and wisdom.
>>
>>28631892
it happens now and then. let's see:

Ricky
Ricky
Ricky
>>
>>28631886
>Until you get your tab or see combat you're not proven in their eyes.
The tab that you get from Ranger School? The one that is easy as piss compared to RASP? The one that has like a 90% pass rate for Infantry Officers? That's what will make you proven in the Regiment's eyes?
>>
>>28631930
What was his proof?
Timestamped pic of scroll or something?
Not doubting just genuinely curious.
>>
The irony is that in the civilian world, your basic Marine POG still counts for more than an Army Ranger when it comes to pulling tail.

Girls don't care or understand what you do in the Armed Forces. They only know the following:
A Marine is a Marine. They are the best.
An "Army guy" is not as tough as a Marine.

If you tell them "I was an Army Ranger," they'll hear "Army" and immediately begin looking for ways to get out of the conversation with you.

No Marine ever has to say, "I was a Scout Sniper or Recon or a Raider". Simply saying "Marine" is sufficient. If you're wearing your dress blues, you don't even have to say that much. Girls are more attracted to that high collar and gold EGAs than a suit made out of credit cards.
>>
>>28631941
Yes that one.
My friend in regiment is finally getting the chance to get his and is stoked to no longer be considered an FNG
>>
>>28631941
you quoted the wrong post nigger

>>28631943
he's been around for years. he's posted pics and dox and shit numerous times before, and when he showed up there were a bunch of other guys as well. so it's basically racial memory at this point, enough guys are still around that remember when he first got here.
>>
>>28631949
Cool that you've spoken to every female in the country to come to this conclusion.
Big marine base in my city and most girls that work retail or go to the community college hate marines for being immature, dumb, and way too cocky for nothing.
They have a horrible rep here for soliciting high school girls too.
>>
>>28631886
>And look, here you are, de-railing the thread again.

This /meg/ should probably just be allowed to sage. Nothing's coming of this one.
Last one was pretty good. This one devolved into a nuh-uh vs. yuh-huh slapfight.

Maybe Ricky will show up and provide some facts,
>>
>>28631997
I'm sorry, ma'am. I should not have generalized. That was insensitive of me. I will be sure to check my white-abled-thin-cis-hetero-male privilege before posting potentially offensive things in the future.

Feel free to post this on your tumblr.
>>
Anyone have insight on how long it takes to get into the Canadian army?
I've been at a standstill for two months just evaluating my life and I'm not happy with it. Four years in the forces would set up my future way better than four years in civilian world. I'm not joining to shoot me some a rabs, but to get schooling for business and have funds at the end of my four years to open up a business
>>
>>28631997
This. Theft is a huge problem with marines here.
They come in large groups and a lot of them get caught stealing gatorades and energy drinks.
So everyone thinks marines are broke as fuck because they have to steal shit worth 2 bucks lol
>>
>>28632001
yeah. well, it's a touchy subject and one that is close to people's egos. maybe op should change out to another trade again. like veternary specialists or something. that way the angry never-was beens won't be so fucking triggered by other people's ambition.
>>
>>28632025
>I'm wrong and know it so I'm going to spout unrelated nonsense
>>
File: Black Hawk Helicopter.jpg (75KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
Black Hawk Helicopter.jpg
75KB, 960x854px
I'm a 28 year old guy who is hoping to join the Army. I've got a college degree, so everyone said Officer is the way to go, and my resume is solid.

First question:

I was planning on simultaneously applying for Active Duty OCS, Active Duty Aviation WOCS, NG OCS and NG WOCS Aviation.

At first I figured this would be the smartest option, in order to try provide myself as many opportunities as possible, but someone mentioned that applying for more than one is viewed as a negative. Kind of, 'you don't know what you want.'

In reality, just serving, either as an Officer or a Warrant Officer sounds great to me, but I wanted to get /k/'s opinion on the matter.

Second, I'm 28 and haven't gotten in trouble in years. But I have a disorderly conduct from 2001(stupid 14 year old prank), an open container from 2009 (college) and a disorderly conduct from 2009 (again college. Peeing in a bar parking lot I thought was empty. I was pretty drunk, but didn't get a public intoxication). Other than those, no trouble.

My recruiter said those are MEGA red flags and will seriously hamper my application. I called the local courts, and they said they could expunge them no problem. But the process can take 4-8 months.

Is it worth it to wait, or should I push forward with these on my record?

Thanks guys.
>>
>>28632035
It's funny how it starts at RASP too.
Someone saying they want 11x option 4 won't get any hate at all.
But God forbid that individual feels that they are in good enough shape and have the passion to become a Ranger.
Then it's "NO YOU'RE A FAT FUCK YOU'LL NEVER MAKE IT"
>>
>>28632084
Yikes man ask your recruiter if you should wait for the expungment. Waiver paperwork is a bitch. Going through it myself
>>
>>28632084
'Expunged' doesn't count when it comes to military service. They will find it.

I can tell you that unless you're perfect in all other regards, those knocks on your record will get you denied a spot in OCS.

You are most likely fucked in all regards to military service.
>>
>>28632096
>Someone saying they want 11x option 4 won't get any hate at all.

He will get tons of shit for wanting to be an 11Broom, or get shit for not being man enough to try for Opt40/18x.

You haven't noticed that guys will pretty much get shit on for literally anything they choose?
>>
>>28632096
it must be something to do with the regiment's current fame or something. rubs too many people the wrong way.
>>
>>28632167

How are they able to find something shredded and deleted from the record?
>>
I've been lurking on langley's career website, and all of the "field" jobs require at least experience in the military or similar field except for case officers, is there any job that let me find big guys for langley that wont require me a military experience?
>>
>>28632184
Yeah I suppose you're right.
There's a salty hater for everything.
>>
>>28632194
Because it's not truly deleted from the record. Not from the military.
>>
>>28632194
This. >>28632273

If it's been expunged, if it was long enough ago, the military will ignore it IF you're trying to enlist.

However, you're trying to be an officer. They are expected to be paragons. They don't want expunged, they want nothing.
>>
>>28629330
Bump for answer
>>
File: Apache_versus_Hind.jpg (46KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Apache_versus_Hind.jpg
46KB, 720x405px
>>28632273
>>28632295

I'm a little confused. My recruiter specifically said 'If its been expunged, DON'T MENTION IT, because its gone. It'll be impossible to find the nessessary waiver paperwork.'

But that's fine if it prevents me from becoming a commissioned officer. Will it still affect my ability to apply for the WOCS Street-to-Seat program for Aviation?
>>
>>28632194
Incident reports never get destroyed.
There's always a shred of everyones record.
Even juvenile. I know from extremely recent experience.
Recent as in just a couple days ago my recruiter got a hold of my "expunged and destroyed record"s incident report
>>
>>28632232
>is there any job that let me find big guys for langley that wont require me a military experience?

yeah, being a case officer. why not? case officers are basically the 'spooks' when people talk about spooks. you'll be running sources in other countries. sounds like a good time.
>>
>>28630631
If you test on the DLAB to have an aptitude for hard languages like Pashto/Farsi or Chinese, they will give you a harder language, but you still have almost no say in which one you get. You are by far most likely to get Arabic, Pashto, Farsi, or some other middle eastern language, followed by Russian or Chinese.
>>
>>28632329
Cool non-POG jobs?
Strictly speaking anything that's not infantry is POG. (Stands for 'Personnel Other than Grunt')

I assume, then, you mean combat jobs.
Well, that depends on what you think is cool.

Of the top of my head...
Tanks are very cool. Their job is pretty obvious.
Artillery has some cool jobs. That's what I did. Again, most of what they do is obvious.
Combat engineers do demolition, construction, route clearing, etc.
Infantry is infantry.
Being a medic/corpsman is cool if you like helping people.
>>
>>28632340

Whaaaaaat? And they knew what you had done?
>>
>>28629278
That's what the final section of the DLAB is like. It's the smallest part of the test.
>>
>>28630373
>Get your degree before enlisting. Being in the military is way easier as a 22-year old than as an 18-year old. Having a degree can get you more respect from officers, and you've also got more maturity and life experience so you are better equipped to handle the military's bullshit.
>When you get out, you can use the GI Bill to pay for grad school.

This is borderline the worst advice I've ever seen in a MEG. Definitely do not do this.
>>
>>28632630
>Deskjockey POG advice
>>
>>28632084
Your problem is that at least two of those are alcohol-related incidents.

To the military, there's a difference between, for example, public urination while sober and public urination while drunk. One is treated entirely different than the other.

You are going to have a hard time getting in as an officer with those, expunged or not. I'm not going to say impossible, because at the end of the day everything is a commander's discretion, but unlikely.
>>
File: bronson.gif (842KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
bronson.gif
842KB, 500x269px
>>28632630
Are you saying that anon should not go to college for free?
>>
>>28632616
Yeah. I told my recruiter. That's why he tried so hard to get them.
I already came clean on my juvy record for my security clearance that I got for my current job
Doing waiver paperwork
>>
>>28632686
Not if his goal is enlisting. It doesn't make any sense.

If he just wants to enlist for one term, he can do that prior to college, be more mature/successful while at school, and have a nicer resume when he's done. His schooling will have just finished rather than have been wasted for 4 years while enlisted. If his dad's still at the college, then he can get free undergrad and still have his GI bill left for grad.

If he's planning on doing the lifer thing, then waiting the 4 years makes even less sense. By going in right away, he'll have more actual experience (and rank) by 22 and will hit 20 years in service younger. He'll have plenty of time to get degrees while serving a career on active duty.
>>
>>28632674

I understand Commissioned Officer is going to extremely difficult, but what about Warrant Officer? Would that be easier? Because I would just focus on flying those Helicopters then.
>>
>>28632791
You could go either way.

College is more forgiving towards being undisciplined, but harder academically. The military is the reverse: you can be a moron, but you can't be undisciplined.

If he goes to college first, he'll come out a more mature individual that will be able to handle the military a little better.
If he goes to the military first, he'll enter college as a seasoned and disciplined young man.
If he flunks out of college, he can always enlist anyway.

Speaking from personal experience as someone who got a bachelor's then enlisted, I think it was the right path. I was a fuckup as an 18 year old and a bit of a fatbody. 18 year old me would not have handled the Marines (and only barely handled freshman year of college).
The forgiving, coddled environment of college let me outgrow my immaturities, lose some weight and, I think, made me a better Marine from the jump.
>>
Do different MOSs learn different things is RASP or is it the same across the board? I know that medics go to SOCM after RASP but I'm wondering if there are any medic specific stuff in RASP.
>>
>>28633000
RASP is RASP
>>
>>28632084
>28
Isn't that an uncommon age to be joining at all?
>>
>>28632792
AFAIK, there's no difference in entry standards between the two.
>>
File: tumblr_static_feels3.jpg (40KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_feels3.jpg
40KB, 500x632px
>>28633058

Got it. Then your advice would be not to bother expunging them, and go ahead and push forward with the application?
>>
>>28633038
It's maybe slightly older than normal, but not at all unusual. People regularly enlist in their 30s.

It's not all 18 and 19 yr old kids.
>>
What can I take with me to basic? Should I bring my cellphone? What do they do with it? Can I bring stuff that I might want with me at AIT (headphones, notebooks for example).
>>
>>28633108
IMHO your best avenue is to be totally up front about it. You did some stupid stuff, it was 7 years ago, you're a different person now, etc, etc. Hiding it (expunged or not) may be viewed as you haven't identified and overcome your problem.

I'd go talk to a recruiter. Just be aware that it isn't their decision, it's the recruiting battalion commander and the board of officers that they convene to evaluate you.
>>
>>28633000
You don't learn anything at RASP. It's a selection program, not training. The only training you do is general fitness and infantry stuff.
>>
>>28633176
Anything forbidden that you bring (read: pretty much everything) will be locked securely in storage and returned when you graduate.
>>
Any tips on which MREs to avoid and which are the 'good' ones? Tips on how not to have horrible bowel problems afterwards?
>>
>>28633369
Anything with eggs or a lot of cheese is to be avoided. All meat is really weird except for meatloaf. The entrees are preserved exactly the same way as canned foods, they're just in packets instead of cans. So think of things you would want to eat if they came in a can.
>>
>>28633315
Not true. A breachers course, a drivers course, a medical course, and more are all taught at RASP.

>>28633000
RASP is the same course for every MOS. There is a medical course though, but it'll be easy to you as a 68W. It just might change your AIT habits a little.
>>
>>28630343
Yeah me too. For a while I was being a real bitch about how I'd have to manage high pressure ship-life without my adderall prescription if I wanted to serve, but then I read through the list of all the other things that can make you never be able to serve, things that you're born with and can't change, and decided to stop being a bitch, just deal with it, and be thankful that it is something that can be dealt with.
>>
>>28633369
>Any tips on which MREs to avoid

The fucking vegetable omelet. a.k.a. the vomelet. The shrimp jambalaya is also terrible.

Depending on what you get, some days, you're just not eating very much.
>>
>>28634076
>decided to stop being a bitch

Good for you. You made the right decision. So when's your start date for not being a bitch?
>>
>>28631733
It's hard to stay in. And people getting released has been a constant thing for a long time. Called 'RFS'd' Released for standards, which is really just up to command discretion. It can be good, but it can be abused.

>>28631941
Ranger School is much harder. And the reason there's that 90% number that you pulled out of your ass is because to be a an infantry platoon leader, you have to have a tab. PL slots open up, slots need to be filled. Officers in Ranger School have a dramatically higher graduation rate because of this. Officers have a shit ton more opportunities and chances in the whole Army, its how it works unfortunately.
>>
>>28634120
>special skills school open to entire Army harder than SOF selection
k
>>
>>28629227
>So, you want to be a secret agent right?

This post 100% posted by someone who has never worked in the intelligence community.

Carry on /meg/.
>>
>>28634176
RASP is basically the next step above basic. There's gut checks, but it isn't something insane.

There's still privates in the 75th. It's still a regiment. Just better funding and a good stable level of competency.
>>
>>28629500
Open source has always been important.

The reason why "Cold War super secret spy stuff" has gone by the way side is because we've concentrated more on technical collections to the detriment of classical HUMINT collections (which are still important, especially because they give context).
>>
>>28632025
Anon's right though homie.

Military towns fucking hate military personnel.

You might get your pussy wet wearing your dress blues home to Podunk, Kentucky.

But if you live outside of pretty much any military base, you'll at best be treated with indifference.
>>
File: whore hamster.gif (4MB, 339x236px) Image search: [Google]
whore hamster.gif
4MB, 339x236px
thinking girls like military anything.....
Are you 14
Some do but are just as impressed with a fake fireman uniform.

Most of the time you have to work harder for pussy than general population .... unless our paying and in the Philippines
>>
>>28634309
>Kentucky
Fuck you, I'm from Tennessee!
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 720x960px
>>28629122
I got draft should I run?
>>
File: funhouse.jpg (109KB, 540x625px) Image search: [Google]
funhouse.jpg
109KB, 540x625px
>>28632330
Recruiter said....
your doing it wrong, they lie about everything they think they can get you to belive
DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING A RECRUITER TELLS YOU!!!!!
>>
>>28634440
No you fucking faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 633x758px
>>28634556
I don't want to be in fucking trench for two years.
>>
>>28629375
they still do for all branches of the Mil and FBI. Not sure if CIA and NSA do though
>>
>>28632620
the audio portion was the hardest imho
>>
>>28634567
Take pride in it motherfucker. Don't be a pussy. Or else I'ma come to Korea and steal your women.
>>
>>28634440
>muh draft
Hey at least it's highly unlikely that fat gonzo over the fence will decide to invade your country anytime soon. So chill, take it easy, do your two years, make friends and have fun. Maybe you'll make a career out of it.
>>
Wow this thread turned into a shitfest

Ricky pls come in and save it

We had a namefag "TabSpec4" who was a ranger who had just gotten tabbed but idk if he still posts. We also had another guy who posted here before he went to RASP and then continued listing up until his 3-4 week. Then he just stopped so idk if he made it or not.
>>
File: image.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>28634661
>make a career out of it
Nigga we get paid 100USD a month. It's literally slave labor. and officers don't get fuck all as well. Amerifats don't know 'priviledge'
>>
>>28634724
Here's a few ideas.

1. Learn English
2. Come to America
3. Go to National Guard office
4. Enlist in National Guard
5. Enjoy green card until first term of enlistment is up and then citizenship.

My battle buddy in basic did that. He's now the proud owner of no less than 18 firearms and works for the federal government doing something with translation.
>>
In the Navy what kind of expenses are there, if any, besides booze and whatever? Compared to a private sector job the dalai is kind of low, but if there are no expenses on top of all the benefits it could be a good deal.
>>
File: modern_spartan.jpg (62KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
modern_spartan.jpg
62KB, 520x520px
Find a uniform better than Marine dress blues.

You can't.

> This triggers armyfags
>>
File: 1426435395821.jpg (147KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1426435395821.jpg
147KB, 900x900px
>>28630788
>dumb frogposting regular
>>
File: msVpTZO.jpg (55KB, 460x629px) Image search: [Google]
msVpTZO.jpg
55KB, 460x629px
>>28631949
100% this bruddah
>>
>>28629350
http://lltf.net/mlat-sample-items/

There seems to be two common tests - DLAB and MLAT. Most other tests have similar questions to these. You can find a few practice tests online under the search term "language aptitude test".

Officials claim it can't be studied for but... They ask you questions relative to English grammar so obviously they're bullshitting. From reading around it seems like there are a few ways to improve your chances like looking at abstract word-picture associations and practising memorizing word-number associations.

I'm brushing up on my basic grammar and practising memorizing strings of numbers. Today at work I went through the parking lot and tried to remember the number plates. I'm also trying hard to actively listen to people and memorize what they say.
>>
>>28631423
>>28630134

>Implying every branch of the military doesn't love the fuck outta autists.

The military codifies all social activity into an easy-to-follow set of rules. You know what is going to happen pretty much every day, few surprises, few changes. Push buttons, get promotions. It gives you a little cave to live in, and pays for food and rent. It gives you a shitton of time off and just enough money to buy waifus.

This guy will fit right in, especially in an environment like CTN.

90 % of the service members I know became MORE autistic after they joined the military. What the fuck do you think "ARGH, CIVILIANS DON'T DO LIFE RIGHT" veteran sperging is if not world-class autist flare ups?
>>
>>28629122
To however was asking about 1a9 and 1a8x2 2 threads back: 1a9 is best job. Hard to get it. Very high fail out rate if you do book it. (20-50%) but we shoot guns from a helicopter. 1a8x2 pretty much operates misc systems on board aircraft. Very borimg, very long tech school. 1a2 is pretty cool too, but they are downsizing that career field.
>>
>>28631949
not everyone wants to date strippers anon
>>
>>28635536
Good evening, Reddit!
>>
>>28631639
What is their MOS? Did they go in with option 40s or volunteer for rasp in OSUT/AIT. How do they like regiment? Are they actually deploying or training or are they doing gay shit like the conventional army
>>
>>28629461
Even in the CIA there's a good chance your entire career will be working on the same mission, doing monotonous shit. That's what I understand from accounts of ex-agents who say they spent like a decade or two on the same shit.

Private investigator is probably a more interesting job
>>
>>28630689
>>28630657
>>28630604
>>28630692
I haven't signed anything yet but i'm thinking about going opt 40 because why not?
situps: 80
pushups: 55 (needs improvement, I know)
pullups: 12 (trying to get up to 20)
2 mile run: 12:50
5 mile run: 38:45
Haven't done rucking because I was advised against it. how am I looking bros? I know most of it is a mental game but I'm doing the best I can to prepare so that the physical parts will be no problem.
>>
>>28635686
Out of curiosity what's your height/weight? Interested because it can impact rucking. Your low push up and pull up numbers lead me to believe you're probably a more light weight guy, I'd recommend building up some muscle mass as having strong legs, lower back, shoulders, and core will be vital for long distance rucking.
>>
>>28635686
not enough situps. Core strength appears to be lacking. That will hurt you on ruck marches.

Do planks. One minute, two minutes at a time, whenever you get the chance. First thing in the morning, right before you go to bed, etc.
>>
>>28635748
6' 162 lbs
I'm doing a core and upper body workout the days i'm not running (every other day)
>>28635775
I do russian twists and bicycle crunches but yeah, that fit dude around here told me I should incorporate planks into my workout as well.
>>
Hey I just wanted to stop by and say thanks a lot everyone who answers questions in these threads. I'm going in DEP now thanks to these threads and I really feel like I've got something to look forward to for the first time in years. Cheers.
>>
>>28634440
The JSA fucking BLOWS. Was not stationed there, but I am sure I saw everything in the 2 weeks I was there.
>>
>>28633330
Alright thank you for this, if I can bring stuff to use for AIT I'll definitely do it.
>>
>>28635996
If anyone is going to be visiting you between basic and AIT or could ship you stuff at AIT, I would do that instead.

You'll be able to use all of that stuff in AIT unless you're 13Fox.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-BUD-Regular-formerly-Training-ebook/dp/B00AY59OS0/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
http://www.amazon.com/Weeks-SEALFIT-Unconventional-Training-Toughness-ebook/dp/B00DFFGMPO/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1453350694&sr=1-1
are these books good?
i dont want ot be a seal but i figure if i train as if i wanted to go a while before leaving basic would be easier
>>
>>28629122
Anyone here joined the IDF from overseas?
>>
>>28634440
What kind of faggy stationary is SK using and why?
>>
>>28635686
Why not indeed man.

You're looking decent for pre-OSUT. When it comes to your pushups make sure you're getting a good form that fits the regs. You want this to be in the 80s.

Situps look good. This guy's advice is fine
>>28635775
but know that situps isn't really a representation of core strength. Its a mixture of core, legs, hip flexors, and lower back. Alternate your situp toe hold with toes raised first, then toes flat second. The reason you do this is because toes up uses more core, and toes down uses more hip flexors which you want to use as little as possible so you're fresh for your 2 mile run after.

Good 2 and 5 miles, basic will reduce this number, keep it up.

Rucking is tricky, I recommend doing it at low weights just to get in the groove. But basic will get you in the groove if you've never done it, it might just be a little rough at start.

Don't forget chin ups and pull ups. Aim for 20 after a PT test and you'll be fine. The RASP requirement is 6 dead hang chin ups after a PT test.

You need to lift weights. If you have the time before you go then you need to hit every muscle group.

Legs, lower back, and core are your muscle groups that contribute best to rucking.

I recommend working your calves and chin muscles with your leg days to guarantee a lack of chin splints. That is the main contender for VW's and medical drops.

I'll try to keep an eye on this thread.

>>28634694
I've been answering questions throughout this thread about RASP and batt. You guys have a weird hard on for batt and what you think it is, it isn't glorious 24/7. There's a lot of shitty shit.
>>
>>28636181
Edit: 5 mile should be less. Aim for 34 because you do 5 miles and PT tests after either a smoke session or stadium stairs.

And more clarification on my lifting weights statement. I meant you need to start a weekly routine hitting all muscle groups if you have the time before you leave for OSUT.
>>
>>28636221
thanks for the advice. do you have any specific weighted workout you would do? I don't have a gym membership but i'll be working in a lab over in India for a three months (which is why I haven't enlisted already) and I'll probably have access to a gym over there. And you can just direct me to a site if it's easier for you (should I just hit up /fit/?)

also I've been told to alternate my cardio and my core/upper body workout days. Can I do pushups and stuff like 5 hours after running? I read that running depletes glycogen stores and then when you work your muscles with weights you end up depleting protein stores from muscles. I could be wrong about this stuff though.
>>
>>28636181
are you in the 75th?
>>
>>28629317
what language, 1n3 here
>>28629375
dlab for pre-screening still used as far as I know for all services

DLPT for sure is a government wide thing
>>
>>28629461
>>28635669
I'm in intel, it's sweet
yeah maybe you get stuck listening to PTT and goat fuckers or doing an analyst job in a product line that doesn't do shit, but most of them are sweet af and do all kinds of amazing stuff
>>
>>28636398
That's probably tabspec4

So yes
>>
>>28636181
what's some of the shitty shit that most people don't know about? how fast (or slow) is the 75th's current op tempo?
>>
Are their any PMCs willing to pick up someone with no professional experience?
>>
June 21st, AF BMT
Anyone else?
>>
>>28635686
Noice stats anon, how long you been working out?
>>
File: 1449800004126.jpg (259KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
1449800004126.jpg
259KB, 600x676px
Considering joining the Navy as an officer after school. Anyone here go through OCS? How long does it take be come a SWO?
>>
>>28629227
D, C, C, D, D

How did I do? I've never really learned a language.
>>
>>28636879
probably like 3 months or so. I wasn't in terrible shape to start out with though; i've biked across the united states two years ago and feel that some of my endurance type activities have stuck with me a bit.
>>
>mfw even with a blizzard coming and basically no flying MX is still considered "essential personnel" and I have to work this weekend
Air Force is dumb as shit sometimes
>>
>>28636680
Yeah, sure. You can do data entry for minimum wage, right at home.
>>
>>28637053
Damn it all, I just want to be fodder.
If only Africa was more of a shit hole.
>>
>>28636528
Not him.

>>28636625
Mainly being a joe your first year. Fuck fuck games out the ass. Basically what would be considered hazing. Think frat hazing stupid, but its done by people who legally can force you to do stupid shit.

There's moments you look back at it, but most of it was stupid. Maybe if I was 18 when I came in it'd be different.

But its the tradition and initiation, and you gotta deal with it or you don't get the fruit.

>>28636369
There's many ways to go about fitness. I say check /fit/ out to find a blend of your preferences.

I personally like seperating each muscle group out with slight overlapping for each day: legs, back and triceps, shoulders, chest and biceps. Some people believe in push and pull days, so switch it up to chest and triceps and back and biceps if you think that. I do it my way because it still allows rest between days and instead of just getting one bicep and tricep workout a week. You get two.

Core everyday since it recovers fast. Cardio every other day (but I have PT in the morning so cardio is usually taken care of).

Lower back, legs, core, and hip flexors I call the rucking muscle group. Work those in.

Basically look up each muscle group and then look for the most efficient workout for each. There is a ton of well known forums with dudes who've been doing it for years that basic google searching will bring up if you need to learn the method of form for each workout (ex: bodybuilding.com)

Eat a shit ton of protein if you can. You want to get the max protein your body can take in a day.

If you notice your cardio dropping due to weight gain from muscle mass or what have you, try to find a good balance. Cardio is incredibly important. But cardio with full kit on is just as important, hence the muscle building.

Eat well, drink water.

You can do push ups whenever, but if your chest, shoulders, and triceps are burnt out, then take a rest. Resting is very important. Days off and the amount of sleep you get.
>>
>>28635036
army here
We don't give a fuck. It's only boots and fresh privates that rage.
>>
>>28637165
Also, more shitty shit is the mindset. It's very hardheaded and not against the grain at all. If you're weird, you really need to be able to be friends with everyone and find that good niche or else you will be shoved out just due to group human nature, people in batt are very similar in personalities; think jocks and fratboys who aren't whiny pussies.

This isn't just peers either, people above you are on their own train of thought and that's what they think should be the law.

Tempo right now is training cycles. Recovery period, some unique allied nation event maybe, some schools, the usual livefire and training, and the airfield seizures. Repeat. Might get a random call that doesn't end up being anything and usually drones take 99.9% of all possibilities.
>>
>>28636955
>>28636955
Ask me again in a few months
>>
>>28637265
Hey oh!
>>
>>28637255
And by weird. I mean either legitimately weird, or just having a different mindset or viewpoint.

There's still some weirdos like anime geeks and shit. They just hide it.
>>
>>28637265
You going in after a 4 year degree?
>>
What avenues in the military would be open for a college grad who is fluent in Russian and holds a degree in Russian lit?
>>
>>28635174
Really what the DLAB means by being "impossible to study for" is that the only way to improve your chances is to practice the skill that will both help you on the DLAB and when you are actually learning the language.
>>
>>28637282
I hear back in february
>>
>>28637286
pilot among other things
>>
>>28637278
>>28637255
>>28637165
thanks again for the input. do you regret joining the 75th? if you could do it all over again, would you? I think being part of the 173rd would be cool (being stationed in italy and whatnot) even though I know you can't guarantee being sent there.
>>
>>28637377
Why would a pilot need to speak russian?

Also, I wear glasses and am like 6 foot 2 so that's probably not an option.
>>
>>28635686
Not bad mate, and you know what you need to improve as well. Good luck!

>>28635818
Oh, you're that guy. I didn't realize you were already so far along, nice work.

>>28636369
If you eat pretty much anything your glycogen stores will be replenished within the hour. If you don't feel too tired anymore after running you should be fine to work out again, just don't go for any squat PRs or anything. >>28637165 is all good advice.

>>28637286
Pretty much anything if you're in good shape. You can be an officer with a degree in Applied Ass Fisting Physics, anything is fine. They won't care that you speak Russian. You could become a linguist and they could give your buddy Russian and teach you Mongolian. It's unfortunate but that's how it is.
>>
>>28637422
The military doesn't give a shit if you speak another language. Pretty sure the height cutoff for pilots is like 6'6" though, and if your vision is bad you can still be an NFO or FSO if you want to still be on board the plane doing shit.
>>
>>28637422
see>>28637438
if it corrects to 20/20 and isnt ass like over 20/200 then fly nigga fly
>>
>>28637438
>They won't care that you speak Russian. You could become a linguist and they could give your buddy Russian and teach you Mongolian.

Damn, that's fucking stupid. So basically it's of no importance that I speak Russian, at all? I know some government agencies give hiring preference and have more positions for fluent speakers of strategically important languages (Arabic, Mandarin, Russian, etc).
>>
>>28637647
Is learning Russian hard?

I'm half Ruskie and always thought I should learn it. Where would I go about starting it?
>>
>>28637677
It's pretty hard at first, but after you learn Cyrillic and the pronunciation it's just like any other language.

If you're in college just take Russian 1 or the equivalent, if not, I'd suggest looking into tutoring. You could try to teach yourself, but it's hard fucking work and you'd need a lot of patience and dedication to do it to any notable degree of proficiency.
>>
>>28637438
yes, i've come a long ways already. Much of your advise is already paying dividends, thanks again man.
>>
Would the military let me use/pay for my adderall? I'm diagnosed with ADHD if it matters.

I'd kill way more terrists if I could take amps.
>>
>>28637053
I kek'd.
>>
>>28637074
>Damn it all, I just want to be fodder.

EVEN IF a private military contractor hired off the street with no experience (to my knowledge none do now nor have since Blackwater used to allow people to pay $20,000 to go through their WPS course) they wouldn't hire you.

I wouldn't want to hire you.

Because

1. from you're attitude I can tell you're a child (at least mentally)

2. that type of attitude isn't what I would want if I were hiring.

PMCs are looking for professionals, not edgy kids who are tired of their parents telling them what to do and play too much Metal Gear Solid.
>>
>>28635669
>doing monotonous shit.

At least as an analyst, it's really just the people who can't hack (and don't try) that get stuck doing the monotonous shit (at least in Army intel from my experience).

As a junior enlisted analyst who was not only a good analyst but also gave a fuck my NCOs and Os came to me to work on different products and topics all the time.
>>
>>28636066
I am thinking about becoming a Lone Soldier. I know several and have asked them about the process, so I can probably offer you some advice.
>>
>>28637800
Glad to help, that's what I want to hear

>>28637677
Duolingo is pretty cool (and free) but not the best source for learning the alphabet. It's most effective if you use it to practice while doing your real learning with a better resource. I've used Rosetta Stone too and can vouch for it, but it's expensive. And like >>28637740 said, you can see if your school or a local school has Russian classes.
>>
>>28638037
It might be harder to join if you're taking adderall for ADHD but I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal to get a prescription from the military doctor and take it after you're in. I'm pretty sure some guy pulled that off by saying he had no problems and then getting re-diagnosed and getting on the same medication after AIT, but you would have to be able to handle basic and AIT without meds if you wanted to do that.
>>
>>28630443
the fuck do you know or even care to say this man can't do it

haters man dime a dozen
>>
>tfw did my first apache jump a few days ago

Why can't all jumps be this cool. Blackhawks/Apache jumps > "High preformance" aircraft jumps.
>>
File: 12325636734.jpg (46KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
12325636734.jpg
46KB, 1280x532px
>>28630373
>Get your degree before enlisting

>do the one requirement that will make you an officer that gets better pay and living conditions and then proceed to enlist
>>
>>28639160
Apache? Do you mean Chinook?
>>
>>28632997
this is me but i'm joining the army most likely. why did you join the marines instead of army? what was your mos?
>>
>>28636059
try this one instead. it's free. the government can be good like that.

http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
>>
I haven't taken a test yet but these are the following enlist positions ive been looking at. can anyone tell me what life as the following are?
2A7X1 Aircraft Metal Technology
4B0X1 Bioenvironmental Engineer
3E0X2 Electrical Power Production
3E0X1 Electrical Systems
3E5X1 Engineering Technician
3E4X1 Structural
>>
>>28629227
A, B, C, B, D

Farkila means human
Janko means donkey
Zik means duck
Farkiloy is some variant of human
Jank may mean something like donkey

1. Instantly rule out B and C for not having donkey in it. Jankiloy fark may seem plausible but the only reference you have as to name these types of things is is farkiloy jank. Basically, farkiloy jank means human-like jank while farkilam jankov (the -v meaning something like "head of") means human with head of donkey

2. Remove A and D. Same thing, human with head of duck = B

3. It's saying the man in the image is like a duckman, as in, he's good at swimming. Farkizik attached most probably is a combination of human and duck, and this image is the odd one out so the odd answer out seems to fit. C

4. In previously questions the animal on the head came after the animal it was attached to. It was saying human with head of donkey, this image is saying donkey with head of duck. B

5. Ignore A. From previous answers we know zikiloy isn't acceptable so ignore B. we now understand that farkilam is more closer to human while farkiloy most probably means human-like. Between C and D, D seems more reasonable based on previous answers

Don't over-think the answers. Move through one at a time and pick the answer based off information you have. Continue along and you'll reveal more answers
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x424px
Age 23 considering joining the army as a Water Treatment Specialist (92W), went to the recruiter again tonight
>asked why I want to join
>inform of how my cousin recently joined and is now an officer
>don't want to be known as the family office cuckboi
>take practice ASVAB
>score 79 overall(I assume this shit)
>asked what jobs I would be interested in
>explain either 11B or 92W
>main recruiter office grill comes out to talk to me
>explains she is a 92W
>chat it up a bit
>told if I get around the same score on the real ASVAB I would qualify
>informs me if I bring required paperwork next visit she could "lock in" a 92W position(if one is availiable) for 7days while I head to MEPs and ASVAB
>ok, I'll think about it
>scheduled to bring shit in on Tuesday
Should I go for it bros? I have always wanted to be a wastewater treatment plant operator. I have certificate in it but /lolnojobs/ so have been grinding liberal arts classes while wageslaving for the state gubment as a water tech. My life is comfy as fug right now but I'll never get to move out of my parents house at this rate
>>
>>28639475
this is some sort of brilliant meta-troll. there are levels upon levels upon levels.

i tip my fedora to you, gentlesir. 10/10. well done.
>>
>>28639529
>tips fedora
But I'm serious mang, this just happened tonight. I'm really considering joining; I apologize in advice for my autism,I've spent a lot of time on the weeb boards so I'm total military term nub
>>
>>28639560
well in that case, of course nigger fucking go for it. good luck.
>>
>>28639475
Do you get deployed in peace time much
>>
>>28639475
>score 79

How do you manage to use a computer? Can you feed yourself, or do you have a helper?
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 480x454px
>>28639650
>>score 79
I was nervous as fuck, couldn't even remember basic multiplication due the amounts of sweat I was dripping
>>
>>28639475

Where's my potable water buffalo pog? I'm thirsty.

I like hearing the average infantryman mispronounce it and then ask "what's that mean?"
>>
>>28639671
You'll probably hate basic training
>>
>>28639650
welcome to the real world.
>>
>>28639672
>potable

You meant portable. Grunts are so fucking stupid.
>>
>>28639681
Yeah, my biggest fear of joining is failing basic. I'm scared of coming back home as an even bigger failure than I already am
>>
>>28639696
I think you'd have to be pretty shit to fail I think
>>
>>28629122
you are aware this VC winner has openly stated multiple times that he doesn't support any kind of private firearms ownership.
>>
>>28639696
You'll be fine. As long as you don't have any medical issues chances are you'll pass boot camp. Most people that get sent home from boot camp are people that had medical issues MEPS didn't find out about but later on they found out during the processing days.
>>
File: 1442233619432.jpg (37KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1442233619432.jpg
37KB, 500x360px
>>28639693

I can't tell if serious or joking.

It's potable jackass. Look it up.
>>
>>28639726
>this
I'm pretty /fit/, but I know several people that have been discharged from basic due to medical issues that arose due to the high intensity training
>>
So if I wanted to join the Marines and I was at meps gettin felt up by the doctor, would they care about scars? Is that something that would disqualify me? More specifically I have a scar ~3" long on my back, right at the hip. It was from a surgery I got when I was like 3. I had partial spina bifida, but it wasn't serious.

I don't really know a lot about MEPS at all tbqh.
>>
File: sasrbrs.jpg (141KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
sasrbrs.jpg
141KB, 640x960px
>>28639725
Just read up on this guy.

>Is a giant.
>Roberts-Smith engaged the insurgent at point-blank range resulting in the death of the insurgent.

Hilarious.
>>
What's the army reserve like?
>>
>>28640703
20% decent people doing all the work for 80% retards and shitbags.
>>
>>28632997
Okay, original anon here.

I'll prob go get my undergrad first, since I think I'll need more time to prepare.
I'm sort of at a turning point in my life, is why. Younger me was a faggy, liberal wimp. I wanna take a little time to at least get in some sort of shape. College I'm going to is a private, Christian one. They provide membership to this new gym, and none of the usual faggy college behavior goes on there

Thanks for the advice, anon.
>>
Where that medic trip I gave a question for him.
>>
Is it bad to fall in love with a stripper BEFORE you enlist?

>be me, out with a bunch of fuckwits, all going to enlist the next day
>decide it's a great time to show these fuckwits what a strip club looks like
>they go off and get private dances from two bleach blondes with fake as fuck tits.
>be me, not into that fake shit at all, spot a qt 5'3 redhead with short as hell hair.
>start talking to her, realize she's fucking beautiful
>fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckimnotanE-1yet.jpg
>get a dance from her, start hitting it off, she even sneaks in a kiss when the bouncer isnt looking

blogpost ended

is she gonna try to use me for muh benifits?
>>
>>28641347
yes

She doesn't love you, she loves your money.
>>
File: 1450246867657.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450246867657.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>28641371
ok..i guess
>>
>>28641347
She does that to everyone you know that right?
>>
>>28641458
shhhh, i tend to think im speshul when im drunk
>>
what are the chances of me dying tbqh

>inb4 theres always a chance brah

how do i lower the probability then

especially when joining Special Forces
>>
>>28635036

>Marines constantly comparing themselves to Spartans

>Completely leaving out all the homosex Spartans did
>>
File: gunz.jpg (75KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
gunz.jpg
75KB, 720x480px
Is there a way to find out what's on my REAL criminal record?

I remember way back in college I got in trouble for public intoxication. When I went to court to fight it, they were basically like 'If you do 40 hours of customer service its gone'

I don't know what that means though, and it's been so long. Was it expunged? Dismissed? Completely forgotten about? What should I put down on my packet?
>>
>>28641529
Get real good at ARMA and cowwa dooty.

Train. Don't be a dumbass.
>>
>>28641551
>40 hours of customer service

i would not wish this on the worst criminals.
>>
>>28639263
Some people just don't like the idea of being an officer, and not everybody does well enough to just become an officer.
>>
>>28639475
>>28639560
Go for it man, if that's what you want
>>
>>28630364
Become a reservist then.
>>
>>28641551
>you are sentenced to 40 hours at the customer service desk
>>
>>28641551
>For your crimes, I sentence you to work Black Friday at Best Buy.
>>
Alright lads, so I have a problem. That problem is Scoliosis. I think I probably have it, but I'm going to get an appointment with a chiropractor soon to be sure. Does anyone have any experience with joining the army with scoliosis? Is it possible to get it corrected back to normal? Would I be able to get a waiver if it isn't too bad, and how hard would it be to do so?

Say if I got it fixed more or less, would they still not want to take me because of having it in the past? Would having it affect which MOS I'd be eligible for?
>>
>>28642158
IF you get accepted waiver or not you wont have any intense physical job.
You'll peel potatoes more than likely
>>
>>28642158
Depends how severe it is, the MEPs doctors looked at my back and said "eh, it's pretty minor, we'll ignore it"
>>
>>28642262
What if I somehow managed to outperform my peers in Basic or something?

>>28642287
Alrighty, I guess it'll come down to what the chiropractor says if I'm going to think about signing up. You think that if I got physical therapy and managed to correct it and if the MEPs doctor says it's good, that it won't be a problem? Even if it's on my medical record I mean
>>
>>28629122
i dont know about this guy fucking roos...
but i think he fucked a few talibs right up
>>
>>28641530
they dont leave out the homo sex...they are the biggest fags that carry weapons
just look at there dress uniform.....
>>
Going to Jackson on march 15.

how bad is relaxin' jackson?
>>
>>28629122
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roberts-Smith
>>
>>28642470
You're there at the best time of the year. Might get wet, but it won't be ass hot or freezing cold.
>>
>>28642470
>>28642834
However, if you have Benning immediately after, that's going to be pretty fucking terrible.
>>
Probably a long shot, but can anyone help explain how the Simoultaneous Membership Program works for ROTC? Will you still be an officer in the army after you graduate/does it limit your career options?
>>
So ill be a 27d after training and I was wondering what's it like in the life of a 27d?

Anyone here one? Where do you ship to? Whats it like? Is it really just being a lawyers bitch?
>>
How hard is it to be a navy pilot?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>28642858
Yep.

Benning for OCS immediately after.

Life is hard for an O9S.
>>
>>28630134
Dude dont do it if your depression is bad. i joined the army thinking it would turn my mental health around but i got pretty fucked up and ended up chaptering out
>>
Who wants to or is going to be a 19k?
>>
>>28643397
Yes you still will be an officer after you graduate and no it doesn't limit your career options. You just gotta score be high on the OML and you are set if not then you get placed wherever they want if you want to go AD.
>>
>>28644281
classic 13f. put your trip on, for posterity's sake
>>
>>28643397
I wasn't ROTC, but it seems like a good deal to me. You're NG during your ROTC time, but they can't deploy you. You go to basic and AIT for some random MOS... I think during your sophomore summer. Some guys told me they didn't even really train with their units.

About the only downside to the program that I can tell is that you're making a commitment earlier, and obvious if you stop being ROTC or fail out or whatever, now you're a Nasty Girl for life.
>>
>>28639263
>do the one requirement that will make you an officer that gets better pay and living conditions and then proceed to enlist

Why not be an officer?
Officers are managers. If you don't want to be a manager, don't be an officer.
Officers have far less say with regards to their jobs. If there's a specific job you want (or a set of jobs you want to avoid) don't be an officer.

Then, of course, there's a good chance that you simply don't have the major/GPA/leadership qualities that the OCS board wants to see. In that event, officer ain't happening even if you want it.

>>28639284
>why did you join the marines instead of army? what was your mos?

I never considered joining any other branch. I went with my first instinct. Had I gone anywhere else, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it and hated it in equal measures just like the Marines, but I knew that if I'd gone anywhere else, there would always be a nagging voice in the back of my head about never having joined the Marines.

I was an 0844. Artillery Fire Control Man. It was a fun job. Few teams are as close as a battery.
>>
>>28645060
They don't care what your major is. If it's STEM they weight your GPA slightly to account for more difficult courses but other than that it doesn't matter. You can have a degree in aerospace engineering and lose your pilot spot to a guy who majored in literature.
>>
>>28645088
Yeah, I shouldn't have put that extra slash in.

The combination of major and GPA is what counts.

A 3.3GPA electrical engineer might get in, but a 3.3GPA 17th century French literature major will not.

All other things being equal, they want engineering majors.
>>
File: usmc-pft-scores.jpg (266KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
usmc-pft-scores.jpg
266KB, 375x500px
What can you guys tell me about reserves?
Where can I go to learn more about the reserves?
What type of training, promotional speed and jobs am I looking at?

Currently slated for meps on Feb 10 for usmc reserves (26 yr old Hispanic male, have a master's in business administration )

Is my recruiter pushing me too hard, is this the right decision?

I'm uncertain of it all, and after meps you're sworn in...
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 618x564px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 618x564px
>>28645156

Pfffft,

Nothin personnel, kid.

I was a history major and got the job I wanted and a slot at OCS- on top of a slot at BOLC right after OCS.

Then again I'm a nasty girl.

The stem meme will end.
>>
>>28645649
What was your GPA and APFT score? Also what year was this? Things are getting tougher and tougher right now.
>>
>>28645649
lol, should have gone 11b opt40, faget
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>28645667

3.3 GPA. APFT 95. GT 131.

I took the ASVAB two weeks ago and swore in yesterday.
>>
>>28645649

>got first pick
>didn't choose 17a over 25a

scrub
>>
>>28645649
What are you talking about? Nobody said you needed a STEM degree to get a job. That other guy literally talked about how a guy with a literature degree can easily beat out an engineering major for a pilot slot if he runs better.
>>
>>28645702
Congrats on your commissioning but you mean 295 right on your APFT instead of 95? But yea a high APFT score with a semi-decent GPA score should net you anything you want if it's available. I still have no idea where am I going as long as it's not infantry I'm fucking good.
>>
>>28645649
>nasty girl

Not ever.
>>
What does depression look like on your medical records?

Is it easy to get it waved off?
>>
>>28629122

Hey so I heard ADHD is a dq for enlistment, if that's true is there any way to get a waiver?
>>
>>28645649
>>28645702
how did you go about getting slated for OCS? graduating college in a few months and recruiting office shrugged and told me to find an officer, since they just work with enlisted. know I need to take the PAFT and AQTL I think they said. already went to MEPS once

majoring in aeronautics, so any sort of pilot would be nice
>>
>>28634076

M8, are you in the US? if so, how did you get the ADD/ADHD waived? is it hard? I have no problem bailing on my prescription, I just dont want to get denied cause the navy considers it a mental disability or some dumb shit
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 286x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 286x429px
>>28645752

Whoops, read that as AFQT.

No clue what I'll do on the physical test. I run a 7:20 mile before basic so I think I'll be OK after 9 weeks of getting paid to work out.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1453506753039.jpg (11KB, 400x160px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1453506753039.jpg
11KB, 400x160px
>>
>>28646387
he must get some good bonuses
>>
>>28646474
We don't need janitors when we have infantry.
>>
>>28645966
You need to talk to an officer recruiter. Any recruiter who's not a dick should redirect you to an officer recruiter. Pretty sure there are also locators online where you can plug in a zip code and get the nearest officer recruiter location. Be warned, they're pretty thinly spread. My closest one is like a 10 hour drive away.
>>
>>28646387
>you're not hardcore until you earn your janitor tab, boot
>>
>>28646877
holy shit i thought mine 30 mins away was far enough
>>
>>28645645
Nothing means shit till you report for training dude.
>>
>You need to be in good shape going in to reliably complete basic
>you can be a weak piece of shit, don't worry, they'll train you to pass

Well which fucking one is it (not that it'll change my exercise plan either way)

Air Force BMT
>>
>>28646982
sup mang, I just joined as sex ate whiskee also. What should I expect? Did I pick a good MOS for peacetime?
>>
>>28647095
If you're already a weak piece of shit, then Air Force will have no issues with ya

that aside, if you're salvagable, they'll salvage you

if you expect them to hold your hand, you're gonna get fucked, boot
>>
>>28647095
They want to see the drive to self-improvement. That's all.

If you're a weakling or a fatbody, if you're obviously working at it, the instructors will notice and they will encourage you.
>>
>>28647245
this fucking guy
>>
>>28647245
>>28647245
>>28647181

I'm probably good then

Used to be a fat faggot, still kinda fat but a lot better.

1.5 mile: 14 min
Pushups: 30
"Situps": 45
Pullups: 4

Still got 4 weeks to improve I guess
>>
>>28647281
Having been through MCRD Parris Island, I can confirm this as fact. The lazy fatbodies are tortured by the hats. The ones who obviously want to improve, put in the effort in PT, follow their diet, etc, the DIs really do want to see them succeed. It really does break their heart when a properly motivated recruit doesn't make it.
>>
>>28644755
I've seen 18 wheelers more subtle than his posts. It's so obvious it's him lel
>>
>>28647933
he NEEDS somebody to tell him "its ok bro!" or "yeah man, that happened to me too. you're not the only one!"

>and he will keep posting until it fucking happens
>>
>>28647933
They let guys chaptering out be on their phones?

Or did he already leave?

Dude why did you chapter out? Not trying to give you shit just curious
>>
>>28648006
he's cold and doesn't like PT.
>>
>>28648006
For some reason, people who don't think they can meet PT standards come down with all sorts of illnesses and behavioral health problems.

It's like a goddamn mystery how that works.
>>
>>28648372
>>28648333
hey now, its not his fault. his parents are the ones who gave him depression, and his friends peer pressured him into joining. and his damn DIs made him do PT in the cold!
>>
Theoretically if you were 18 and you were REALLY skinny and i mean toothpick skinny but you were the best shot anyone could find and you had a knack for radios would you be able to join up with the Canadian Reserve forces and eventually get into Regular service?
>>
>>28648456

lmao probably fucking not

get some meat on your anorexic bones before you die of a cold
>>
>>28648477
I have an extremely high metabolism to the fact that i ate an entire pie and nothing felt off.
>>
File: 1447876555714.jpg (15KB, 201x213px) Image search: [Google]
1447876555714.jpg
15KB, 201x213px
>>28648488

now you've done it
>>
>>28648519
Done what?
I regularly exercise and go to the gym and my trainer keeps insisting that i will start to gain in about a year or so.
>>
>>28634599
>>28636439

was referring specifically to the Australian Defence Force
>>
>>28641729
>>28641688
>>28641575
Could you guys at least ansewr the question now that you've eaten your keks
>>
>>28647143
Garrison life blows regardless of MOS. if you wind up stuck in a hospital it's worse though. I'm biased against the hospitals though.

If I don't get picked up for IPAP I'm finishing out my contract, finishing my degree, and applying to physical therapy/ PA programs.

Unless another war starts before my contract is up.
>>
>>28648593
Do you advise enlisting now, or enlisting when something starts up again?

I know that's a large question and completely relative, I mean I have a good gig here at home but I also wanna join but don't wanna be stuck in garrison life
>>
Enlisting in Australian Army on 15th of march. As a APC crewman. I can run 3km with 16kg back pack in 15 mins. Level 9 in beep test. Can do pushups, sit ups and chin ups for days...how fucked am i?
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 599x880px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 599x880px
MEPS story time.

I am 26, went to MEPS on Thurdsay this week.

My group consisted of about 15 regular army dudes,one CG one AF (female), a reservist, and myself- the lone National Guardsman.

They were all 18 or 19 and we're all incredibly immature. But the worst was one kid who decided to wear, and I shit you not, a Call of Duty T-shirt. Complete with a wispy teenage beard and glasses, he fit the bill for the cowadooty kid. He wanted to be a Ranger and was hopeful for 11X Op.40 contract. He was tubby, I kinda felt bad for him.
>>
>>28648661
I wouldnt, if you have the ability to get some education, wait for the next one.

I'm torn between waiting it out and getting out and moving on if I don't make IPAP this go around. Being a Medic in an infantry battalion on deployment is hands down the best job in the world.

Being a Medic in garrison is okay with any combat arms unit because you get to train still. Being a Medic at MEDDAC, or the hospital, is enough to drive you to homicide. I'm not going to go to far into that. Just fuck the hospital.
>>
>>28648767
Fuck, sound advice man

I'll wait it out and get some education under my belt. Maybe an ambulance gig.

Also: >>28648713
>>28648713
>>28648713
>>28648713

New thread
>>
>>28648710

Holy shit, teenagers act like teenagers?

Who'd have thunk living 50%~ longer than them would have given you slightly more perspective and life experience.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.