[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bulky >Low capacity >Made of melted Hot Wheels If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9

File: hipoint.jpg (102KB, 267x960px) Image search: [Google]
hipoint.jpg
102KB, 267x960px
>Bulky

>Low capacity

>Made of melted Hot Wheels

If you can't manage to put together another $150-$200 for a decent handgun then you're too poor to be buying any handgun in the first place.
>>
>>28612009
>be 22 yo girl
>work as a waitress paying way through school
>don't have much in the way of mo ey thanks to books, class, and rent etc...
>can't afford to take a chl either but fuck it I'll buy a pistol and purse carry
>see hi point for 120
>I can afford it
>15 yo on 4chan don't buy and save up instead
>decide to wait until next week
>get raped on wait at bus stop
>wow I wish I had that shitty hi point
>>
>>28612009
I would literally rather have the HiPoint than the Sccy. They aren't even bad fucking guns, they're just cheap and look like shit so a bunch of neckbeards made a meme out of them without even having any experience with the gun.
>>
>>
File: letrashman.jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
letrashman.jpg
23KB, 300x400px
>people need to make a certain amount to exercise a basic human right
>>
>>28612009
>tfw got a px4.
>>
>>28612106
I got one for $100 off facebook. It's never failed to sling lead but it just feels like shit and it really is low capacity for the size

My LCP holds the same number of rounds and I can put it in my shirt pocket
>>
>>28612106
Implying thers anything wrong with a sccy
>>
>>28612119
I'm not saying I want them to not be able to have a gun.

I'm just saying that if you can't exercise the responsibility to save up $100 then maybe guns aren't for you.

Hell, I got my Ruger P95 from a dindu on facebook for $200
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K0Ix6C4I8s
>>
>>28612009

Highpoint makes an ugly, heavy, yet reliable product that performs as advertised, using in-country labor, sells it cheaply, and warranties it well.
>>
>Everyone says the HI-Point is the worst gun ever made
>Known and proven to shoot reliably and accurately
>Looks and feels like shit
>Its shit because its not "$500" gun
>Or "$300" gun
>No one compares it to other reliable, accurate $100 guns

OH YEAH BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY

We get it, you've never been poor, had bills, or worked in your life and money is an easy thing to waste.

I've never even owned a hi point, I dropped $800 on my first handgun, I'm just not a fucking idiot who doesn't know what a budget is. No one gives a fuck if the bullet they took in the lung came from a pretty gun or not.
>>
>>28612218
"You're poor so you don't deserve self protection. That's what daddy taught me when we bought my truck."
>>
>>28612151
SECTs are kinda garbage. I'd rather buy a Kel-tec.
>>
>>28613565
I dunno, if I had to take a bullet, I think I would feel a little better if it cost the guy a quarter of his annual income.
>>
>>28613565
The PT111 G2 is the same price, and is much much better.
>>
>>28612501
this. you cant beat it for the price. anything else either isnt going to work or will blow you up and it definitely doesnt come with a warranty as good.
>>
Would hi-points be a good option to learn fundementals with?
>>
I have multiple Sigs, Glocks, S&Ws, and Rugers, but for some inexplicable reason I want to buy a Hi-Point C9. What the hell is wrong with me?
>>
>>28612009

First statement is false. I've seen plenty of brand new glocks go for less than 500 after taxes.
>>
>>28612009
>Poor people buying protection
>But I don't approve of what they get!

You're the worst kind of person.
>>
>>28613884

No. Worst kind is telling you that you don't need protection.that the cops are there to protect you.
>>
>>28614106
No they're just stupid. You're a stupid asshole.
>>
>>28612009
Congratulations, faggot, you just proved once again that gun control as well as snobbery in the firearms community marginalizes poor people.

Get fucked.
>>
>>28612009
I'm sure daddy will buy you that H&K sweetie, no need to have autistic tantrums on imageboards
>>
>>28615417
Not Op but Obama bought me a H&K, you jelly?
>>
>>28612066
This. Entitled faggots.
>>
>>28612009
It is your basic human right to have a firearm. Not to have a free gun. But A gun. Not a nice gun. But a gun. If you are to poor to buy a gun then get a shitty one. That is the price of living in the land of the free. Commies who cannot afford a gun can go to Canada. There you can have the state protect you.
>>
I can't decide between an XDM, a PPQ, or a G19
>>
>>28612066
LOL, the High Point is a perfect purse carry piece. If you run out of ammo, you can brain them with your purse!
>>
>>28612106
I always hear the meme that hi points are ugly but reliable.
But when I look up reviews they seem to be absolute trash that jam more often than not.
I guess the customer service is supposed to be decent but still wouldn't ever want one
>>
The only reason to buy a hi point is if you absolutely need a gun that second and can't possibly afford another $50-100 for something better, but you're going to replace it as soon as you have the money to.
>>
Smith and Wesson sw9ve, $200, $300 for a new one
>>
Back in my college days I talked a smart a** guy in my dorm into buying a Hi-Point handgun as his first gun. His buddies bought Beretta's. Ha ha. He looked like a fool when they went shooting. But those buddies of his were arrogant pr*cks and later became cops. Go figure.
>>
>>28612009
>glock $550
>this is what poorfags actually believe
>>
>>28613683

Fundamentals are best learned with a .22 of some kind.
>>
>>28613683
I doubt it. The grip angles are shit and the weight of the gun itself is pretty significant.
>>
>>28613798
Absolutely nothing. I recently bought a Sig and I still want a Tokarev. Don't even care if it's Zastava.
>>
File: 2015-05-12 23.27.11.jpg (2MB, 3220x1810px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-12 23.27.11.jpg
2MB, 3220x1810px
I own two hi points
>>
File: notvigilante8.jpg (168KB, 794x1080px) Image search: [Google]
notvigilante8.jpg
168KB, 794x1080px
Maybe I have brain problems now, but I think I WANT a hi-point. I already got revolvers, and semis, not to mention my rifles and shotguns.

It just sorta feels like this is our own american makarov. Shitty looking, heavy for the size, but reliable and abundant.

Lead me toward what you will, /k/.
>>
>>28619897
If /k/ hates it, logic dictates that you should buy one.

Also, the warranty is good.
>>
>>28612119
>argues against free market
>posts image of free market libertarian

kek
>>
>>28612066
>>28612119
>>28613565
>>28613583
>>28614106
>>28617651

You realize that everyone had 21 YEARS to save up some money to buy anything better than a hipoint, right?

There is literally no excuse for having a shitty budget.
>>
>>28619938
Fuck off newfag
>>
>>28613606
Underrated post
>>
>>28619921
>>28619897
Where do you even go to buy hi-points? I've not so much as seen one to finger fuck it. I usually only goto lgs, not big box places, but never remember seeing one at a gander mountain either.
>>
>>28613565
paid $100 for my p64 (traded a mosin for it)

rings 5in rounds at 25yds
never jammed
even got hornady "custom" rounds for it pushing over 1000fps out the muzzle if SHTF
>>
>>28619955
>calls me a newfag
>uses le ebin Penn Jillette meme without knowing who Penn Jillette is
>irony.bmp
>>
>>28619973
Gun and Pawn shops in ghetto areas mostly
>>
File: youdontunderstand.jpg (85KB, 753x561px) Image search: [Google]
youdontunderstand.jpg
85KB, 753x561px
>>28619976
>>28619938
>>
>>28619975
fun fact if you have a C&R you can ship a P64 straight to your doorstep

added to the list in 2010
>>
>>28620008
ebin maymay /b/ro xDDDDDDDD
>>
>>28613683
If price is an issue, and you're only getting one gun for practice and defense, then sure. Otherwise, a .22 handgun would be better for first-time/beginner practice.
>>
>>28618316
I went down that route. Ended up with a P220.
>>
>>28619272
I would contend that you own 1 Hi Point by name and a low point in design
>>
>>28619973
Gander Mountain
>>
>>28613633
No it isn't.
>>
>>28620145
Did you read the post?
>>
>>28612066
If you can just barely afford a Hi Point, you aren't going to be able to afford a decent holster for it or ammunition to practice with. You'd be much better off with pepper spray and saving your money than carrying a weapon that you can barely use.
>>
>>28620189
What if your self-defense budget takes that stuff into account? And the gun part of the budget only covers a hi-point?
>>
>>28619951
>only middle and upper class should own a gun
>>
>>28620219
I don't think anyone's arguing to ban hipoints. Only that you should be able to afford better, and if you can afford better you should.
>>
>>28619975
you cant gaurantee or warranty the reliabil function of a used gun like that though.

you rolled the dive with your $100 and got lucky.

further that deal isnt going to be broadly available or be able to be planned for the average buyer. It was a one time thing slecific to you.

If you're suggesting that "average joe gunbuyer" purchasing a gun out of an urgent perceived need for self defense and on a limited budget, should browse gun forums/classifieds looking for a pistol in a non standardized caliber, which has been rearsenaled for an out of country manufacturer, that has no modern cartridge loadings and few holster options, with magazines thay are hard to find/replace, is somehow better than a modern calibered, warranty covered, new from the factory gun, then you're an idiot
>>
>>28620189
wew technicalities
stfu retard
You know what the HYPOTHETICAL situation meant to imply.
Do you ALSO really think they meant wait until you can afford the high end pistol with almost no ammo or holster?
>>
>>28619146
>a**
>pr*cks

This is fucking 4chan, you fucking know that you can fucking swear on here right?
>>
>>28620547
He's probably posting from his phone and using voice dictate. Google's voice assistant ***s out swears by default. You can turn it off in settings.
>>
>>28620215
>>28620401
Have you ever looked at how much ammo and range fees cost? If you can't afford the slightly higher one time cost of purchasing a decent quality pistol over a shit pistol then there's no way you'd be able to afford the repeating costs of ammo and range fees to train with a Hi Point. A police trade in Glock will only cost $150-$250 more than a Hi Point and various other decent quality less expensive pistols will only cost $100-$150 more than a Hi Point, while 750-1,000 rounds of 9mm ammunition depending on whether you buy locally or in bulk online and a 1 year membership at a range near me or 5 trips to another range where you can pay per visit is about $300.
>>
>>28619951
>be little timmy, 5 years old
>be told to start saving money now or else i'll grow up to own a hi-point and then i'll be a faggot to internet strangers
>don't want this outcome
>get job at the child labor factory
>mauled in a machine
>die
>phew, at least I never owned a hi point
>>
>>28621434
timetostopposting.catpaw
>>
>>28620268
Just because you should doesn't always mean you could. I guarantee you'd never understand this truly, and no amount of "bullshit! I blah blah this, and blah blah that" can change that fact.
>>
>>28621451
Well that sounds like a better alternative to me.
>>
Thinking of getting the 9e, am I fuckin up?
>>
>>28620186
>>Stop being anti-social and ask for it. Though be prepared to be judge if you're a gangbanger.
>>
>>28621636
SR9E?

If you like the SR9 already.
>>
How accurate is a hi-point pistol? Is it little more than a zipgun's accuracy?
>>
>>28621662
well its a fixed barrel pistol so more accurate than your non fixed barrel guns
>>
>>28621662
The one I shot was quite accurate.
>>
>>28621805
>>28621821
Well if they are accurate enough to use safely in an emergency, are they really jammy? I am trying to figure out why they really suck, idgaf about aesthetics.
>>
>>28621873
They're straight blowback and stupid simple, any reliability issues are caused by bad magazines. The biggest legitimate complaints about them are ergonomics and weight
>>
>>28619951
>21 YEARS to save up

Not all of us live where child labor is legal.

Sounds like you should put your budget to moving out of whatever third world hole you live in.
>>
>>28621918
>bad magazines
Ok, how do I mitigate this? What's the situation with factory mags, and aftermarket ones?

Thanks for the help.
>>
How safe is it to shoot hi-points with +P rounds? The site says rated for +P, but it's a blowback. Maks are blowback and I was lead to believe that was the reason they were designed for weak x18.
>>
>>28621873
From what I've seen, the jams are from mags. They seem to be really picky about getting broken in, sort of. Like only partially load the mags for the first few times. Sounds like fudd lore, but it did make a difference. They're fugly, but I was surprised by how well they shoot.
>>
>>28622015
The side is big and heavy for a reason.

Also the Mak can only shoot x18 because of the fixed barrel design it took from the PPK.
>>
>>28622022
>big and heavy
Are hi-points at least rugged? Can they take a beating? Can they used for beatings?
>>
>>28622049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvvurXmAmg
>>
>>28622049
Yes to all of that. They're shit looking guns with shit controls and shit magazines, but they're very durable. Plus that warranty.
>>
>>28613860
True story. Just bought a brand new glock 43 for 460.
>>
>>28622049
Without a doubt. The slide is a comically huge slab of metal.
>>
>>28619951
>>28620268
You are seriously entitled.

>>28619938
>using the words free and market together in regards to US economy

You're a special kind of jackass.
>>
>>28621873
They're taller and significantly thicker than a Glock 19 making the gun hard to conceal and have problems with magazines leaving the factory with their feed lips out of spec (the main cause of reliability problems with Hi Points), along with the magazines being weaker and more easily damaged. I've also heard of problems with the firing pins in the carbines, which have similar internals to the pistols, bending if you put a lot of rounds through the gun.

>>28621988
>and aftermarket ones?
NEVER get after market magazines for Hi Point guns, seriously they are all shit. Your best bet is to not use any magazines that the gun tends to jam when using. You could then take those magazines and try bending the feed lips until the gun functions reliably.
>>
Is this stupid?

>have $2k AR with optics and fairly tacticool
>sweet looking AK with nice furniture and is pretty sex too
>lots of quality mags for each
>old and beautiful bolt actions everywhere

>only pistols are glock and hi-point

I just don't see why you need a expensive pistol, its job is just "OH SHID, I DERPED WHEN I SHOULDA HERPED, I BETTER DRAW MY BACK UP!" The only thing that matters to me in a pistol is 50m reasonably accuracy, actually pistol sized, and reliability.

Big money should go into your big guns, or maybe I'm just stupid.
>>
>>28622328
Somewhat a sound idea, but what if you draw said backup, and it doesn't do it's job? Be it, reliability, or capacity, or whatever?
Don't completely cheap out on a sidearm, but don't splerg on it either.
>>
>>28621495
But I never claimed this. In fact, I agree with this. If you literally cannot afford better, buy a Hi-Point by all means. Any gun is better than no gun. But there is no other good reason to buy one.
>>
>>28622381
I think there was a miscommunication. See I was expecting some sort of small rant how someone "went through those tough times, and even then could still pull together the cash for something better". Because let's face it, some people have no common sense or street smarts to pull in extra cash for luxuries let alone necessities.
>>
>>28622328

I think it's safe for me to speak for most people here and say that pistols are generally bought as carry guns, competition guns, or range toys, not backups to a rifle. And the people who do buy pistols as backups are only ever going to use it in their wannabe operator range drills.
>>
>>28622469
What does $2k buy you in a carry pistol? Especially if you do not care about looks. A much cheaper pistol is still accurate at the ranges you'd feel safe actually shooting it in an emergency. And reliability isn't an issue of cash either.

Also,competition/toy versions of ANYTHING are in their own categories because what makes the "good" is extremely specific and/or completely subjective.
>>
>>28612009
don't be a brand snob.
a gun is a gun.
your rights to have a gun depends on other gun owners.
if it goes bang, its a gun and does its job, no matter the RETAIL cost.
>>
>>28619973
the only time ive ever seen one was at a gun show and we didnt know what it was. didnt stop us from laughing at how fucked up and ridiculous it looks.
>>
>>28612009
I think /k/ would be all over the hi-point if it were either less ugly or more ugly. It's just in this uncomfortable medium where it looks like overly cheap shit. Even if it is cheap shit it's pretty accurate and reliable. Kind of like a Mak, only a Mak got the ugly factor just about perfect.
>>
File: C9.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
C9.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
>>28612009
I use them to have hidden in every room of my house, so I'm not caught off guard.

One hidden in the living room

One hidden in the bathroom (in easy reach from both the shower AND toilet)

One hidden in the garage

One hidden in the kitchen

The other two main rooms have the bulk of my other guns.

It's easy, you just save 35 bucks from each paycheck, and 4 paychecks later, you have 140 dollars, more than enough to buy a used HP C9 at your local monthly gun show, plus some 9mm.

Never get caught off guard again! I figure I won't need an extra mag for each pistol, because the goal is to fight my way to either my room or the computer room, where the rest of my more powerful guns are.
>>
>>28623825
This is such a good idea, I'm laughing but I'm in love too.
>>
>>28619938
Spotted the newfag
>>
my dad gave me his
i haven't had any issues with it, but i dont shoot it anymore
its just boring
>>
>>28618353
Hi points are literally throwaway guns niggers use. They fail on them because they don't know the first thing about firearm maintenance. Best bet, if you want a hi point, is to practice with it a few times, oil the fuck out of moving parts, slap it in your purse/pocket and forget it exists until you need it. Best part is that it doesn't matter if it's taken for evidence in a self defense scenario and gets held up in the legal system for 4 years because it's a gun that costs less than $200. It's literally the easiest gun to replace because you shouldn't give a shit about replacing it. That's the point. They work, but they aren't competition guns. You probably won't be over 10 years from whomever you're shooting anyway, so you don't need it to be a high class precision firearm.
>>
>>28623825
Hello, William S. Burroughs.

How are you today?
>>
>>28624116
>10 years
Yards. 10 yards.
>>
>>28623341
>a gun is a gun.
I'll take things poorfags say for $200

>if it goes bang, its a gun and does its job
it doesn't reliably go bang, and it doesn't go bang many times before you need to switch mags, which for the fuckhuge size of it, is retarded.
>>
>>28623825
>middle of the night
>boom, boom, crash!
>anon was in the garage working on some project
>picks up his trusty C9 near him, sees the perps, and begins firing
>perps are not deterred and begin to fire back from near the front of the house
>anon moves towards the kitchen from the garage, still firing
>*click*, picks up new C9 in a flash and keeps firing
>perps are becoming shaken by now, how the fuck does he keep firing?
>anon leaps from the kitchen to the back of his couch in the living room,
>*click*, the perps hear, and one breaks from cover to rush anon
>picking up his new C9 from behind the couch, anon lays a few rounds in the advancing perp
>with his dying thoughts, he believes anon's humble hi-point c9 was a font of infinite bullets
>other perp is beginning to lose his composure, but is still firing
>anon moves towards his room and disappears behind the wall
>this is my chance, figures the final perp, he's backed into a corner
>anon bursts from his room, dual C9's blazing, with dozens more tucked into his waistband and various holsters strapped to his body
>like some sort of new age pirate, he fires round after round, dropping guns as they empty and replacing them with fresh hi point power
>final perp has shit and pissed himself at this point as he becomes riddled by a wave of rounds fired by low cost high reliability all American weaponry
>>
>>28612119

>Right to bare arms should not be means-tested
>Government subsidized guns for the disadvantaged
>Send everyone getting USDA food assistance as part of the WIC program a surplus M-16

I unironicly love this idea. Gettos would literally be war zones.
>>
>>28624272
i lold
>>
File: 1452176931456.jpg (2MB, 3112x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1452176931456.jpg
2MB, 3112x2338px
>>28624272
>>
>>28624138
What if I'm being chased by space pirates equipped with bootlegged FTL drives?
>>
>>28624272
I can like totally fucking see this happening. Funny as he'll but I can see it.
>>
>>28624281
> Gettos would literally be war zones.

Shit, they aren't already ?
>>
File: 1453360658810.jpg (161KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1453360658810.jpg
161KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>28618333
Purse carry is shit
>>
>>28627796
You've posted this like 5 times tonight.
>>
>>28627796
He must not care about his wife much.
>>
>>28627858
And you've bitched about stupid shit tonight
>>
>>28627891
No one thinks your screencap is funny so now you're spamming it and crying about it, beautiful.
>>
>>28627908
>crying about it

Says the shallow pussy that didn't like what he saw on 4chan
>>
>>28612009

I'm gonna laugh hard if in a shtf scenario you end up shot by a high point c9.
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.